PDA

View Full Version : Yanks Troubles In the East.....

jtchilln
06-10-2009, 09:32 AM
After last nights beating the Yanks are now 2-10 combined against the Redsox and Rays. Tough to win the WS when you can't win in your division.

Pavelb1
06-10-2009, 09:36 AM
I know you're still happy after last night's beatdown, but coming from a fellow Red Sox fan...what's the point of starting this thread when you know how it's going to end? Let's try and show some class here.

BRADY4MVP
06-10-2009, 09:48 AM
nice win for the sox, but i agree, tough thread to start...

happy i got to post in it before it gets locked!

ritz
06-10-2009, 09:57 AM
From a 3rd party perspective I'd just like to say that Beckett was absolutely FILTHY last night.

Pinstripe pride
06-10-2009, 09:59 AM
As I Yankee fan I have only one thing to say about the game last night...........

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

donnie23
06-10-2009, 10:13 AM
The Yankees are ruining baseball!

Don't we have 4 wins against TB?

Nash13
06-10-2009, 10:14 AM
As a Yankee fan, i'm disgusted!

Screw Boston!

Stormy
06-10-2009, 10:15 AM
:) :) :)

nyyfan4life
06-10-2009, 10:18 AM
And we're still tied for 1st place.

Zep
06-10-2009, 10:21 AM
After last nights beating the Yanks are now 2-10 combined against the Redsox and Rays. Tough to win the WS when you can't win in your division.

First, it's 4-10, if your going to make an attempt at flaming an entire fan-base, at least get your #'s right. Second, it's June, starting the celebration now just shows everyone what kind of fan you are.

jtchilln
06-10-2009, 10:27 AM
All I'm stating is that the Yanks are a first place team that is having trouble with 2 competitors who made the playoffs last year. I'm looking for some opinions from everyone. Lets face facts here, they spent more money than anyone this offseason to win the division and yes they're beating up on other teams but are having trouble with their competition in the AL East. It's obvious the Yanks will win 1 maybe even 2 game here in Boston but given the early struggles of Becket/Lester and Ortiz, this Yankee team probably should have a 4-5 game lead on Boston in the division.

Zep
06-10-2009, 10:30 AM
All I'm stating is that the Yanks are a first place team that is having trouble with 2 competitors who made the playoffs last year. I'm looking for some opinions from everyone. Lets face facts here, they spent more money than anyone this offseason to win the division and yes they're beating up on other teams but are having trouble with their competition in the AL East. It's obvious the Yanks will win 1 maybe even 2 game here in Boston but given the early struggles of Becket/Lester and Ortiz, this Yankee team probably should have a 4-5 game lead on Boston in the division.

I think 88888 said it better than I could, so I'll just leave this here:

Right on. Remember in '08 when the Sox were 1-8 against the Angels and had to play them in the playoffs? Of course, they were swept in dominating fashion. Or the year prior when the Tribe went 0-7 against the Yankees, then drew them in the ALDS. They stood no chance, as the Yankees advanced to the ALCS.

Oh wait......

The Intimidator
Let's be classy here, dudes.

hammerinhank
I wouldnt consider any team that is sitting in first place in trouble.

nyyfan4life

With the early struggles of CC/Wang/Tex, without our best player for a month and without our best set-up man for most of the year the Red Sox should have a 4-5 game lead on the Yankees.

It works both ways.

jtchilln
06-10-2009, 10:31 AM
With the early struggles of CC/Wang/Tex, without our best player for a month and without our best set-up man for most of the year the Red Sox should have a 4-5 game lead on the Yankees.

It works both ways.

Good point!

nyybronxborn
06-10-2009, 10:32 AM

yes but with the early troubles of cc , wang , ,and injurys to jorge ,arod and bruney the redsox and the rays and the jays should all be 5 to 6 games ahead of the yankees and they are not

magichatnumber9
06-10-2009, 10:34 AM
As a Boston fan I am ashamed that one of our own put up a post like this. It's not cool, we have a rivalry not a war.

NCBoSoxfan21
06-10-2009, 10:49 AM
yes but with the early troubles of cc , wang , ,and injurys to jorge ,arod and bruney the redsox and the rays and the jays should all be 5 to 6 games ahead of the yankees and they are not

First off that's no excuse. Our best hitter is in the dumps (Ortiz) our second best hitter missed something like fifteen games (Youk) and our rotation got off to it's worst start ever and was at one point the worst rotation in baseball (ERA). So please don't tell us about your struggles.

Secondly, it's only June and this, while it is irregular, isn't a concern until September.

MVPedroia
06-10-2009, 11:20 AM
LOL Burnett.....you let Ortiz hit a bomb off you.

misterd
06-10-2009, 11:20 AM
And the Red Sox can ONLY win in their division. Accepting conventional wisdom for the sake of argument, the Red Sox and Yanks will take 2 of the 4 playoff berths (which is the WC is irrelevant here). The Sox will have to face either the AL Central or AL West in the first round before they have a chance of facing the Yanks, and right now the Sox record agains the West is even worse than the Yanks against the East.

Small sample sizes reveal patterns that may not actually exist. In the end, each game is a thing unto itself, and as 86 years of Red Sox history and the Yankees 2004 post season proved, baseball is a game that excells at humbling even the best teams. Worry about October when it arrives.

misterd
06-10-2009, 11:33 AM

Given the Yanks early season woes - Wang and Matsui sucking due to poor rehab, Tex's wrist problems, A-Rod, Bruney, Nady and Posada's absence - we got off to an understandably slow start (CC disappointed too, but there's no way to pin that on an inury, so its no excuse).

nyybronxborn
06-10-2009, 11:39 AM
First off that's no excuse. Our best hitter is in the dumps (Ortiz) our second best hitter missed something like fifteen games (Youk) and our rotation got off to it's worst start ever and was at one point the worst rotation in baseball (ERA). So please don't tell us about your struggles.

Secondly, it's only June and this, while it is irregular, isn't a concern until September.

then dont tell me about yours , it does work both way and ortiz isnt in the dumps he suck and is 1 older then he says he is or 2 of the juice , if you are goin to make excuses then why cant i , and last the yankees are alway slow starters and will pick it up as the season goes along so they them selfs will play better ball as the yr goes on , but i didnt start this thread , just saying that its like that for both teams

The Intimidator
06-10-2009, 11:50 AM
The Sox will have to face either the AL Central or AL West in the first round before they have a chance of facing the Yanks, and right now the Sox record agains the West is even worse than the Yanks against the East.

That means nothing. As someone else pointed out, the Red Sox were 1-8 against the Angels last season, and then eliminated them in the ALDS. So, just like the Yankees' record against the East doesn't matter, the Red Sox' record against the West doesn't matter.

RedSoxhater
06-10-2009, 12:05 PM
All I'm stating is that the Yanks are a first place team that is having trouble with 2 competitors who made the playoffs last year.

Hmmm, it's June, not September.

I'm looking for some opinions from everyone..

I don't believe that. I think you're looking for adulation from non Yankee fans on your "witty" revelation, which wasn't even factual. Even your fellow Red Sox fans told you it was a bad idea to make this thread. You should consider the advice of others once in a while.

Lets face facts here, they spent more money than anyone this offseason to win the division and yes they're beating up on other teams but are having trouble with their competition in the AL East. It's obvious the Yanks will win 1 maybe even 2 game here in Boston but given the early struggles of Becket/Lester and Ortiz, this Yankee team probably should have a 4-5 game lead on Boston in the division.

If the Yankees win the next 2 like you claim, they will be 6-10 against these 2teams you talk about after starting the season horribly. You claim that the Yankees should have a 4-5 game lead considering the way Beckett/Lester/Ortiz started out? I can counter with the Red Sox should have built up a 4-5 game lead considering the way the entire Yankee team started out.

BeantownBill
06-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Watching this team (the Yankees) I see the one glaring problem going forward for them being their bullpen.

If they get that shored up, and the rotation continues to not only pitch well but stay healthy, watch out. There will probably be a lot of 'excuse' making going on out there. Head to head records are great for bragging rights, but mean absolutely nothing once the playoffs start. Injuries, who's pitching well, who's swinging a hot bat .. these things make the difference. WAY too early to be saying anything about, well .. anyone really.

Okay, maybe the Orioles. =p

nyybronxborn
06-10-2009, 12:10 PM
That means nothing. As someone else pointed out, the Red Sox were 1-8 against the Angels last season, and then eliminated them in the ALDS. So, just like the Yankees' record against the East doesn't matter, the Red Sox' record against the West doesn't matter.

well said all this stuff means nothing , its early is the season and both teams are in the think of it

RedSoxhater
06-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Watching this team (the Yankees) I see the one glaring problem going forward for them being their bullpen.

If they get that shored up, and the rotation continues to not only pitch well but stay healthy, watch out. There will probably be a lot of 'excuse' making going on out there. Head to head records are great for bragging rights, but mean absolutely nothing once the playoffs start. Injuries, who's pitching well, who's swinging a hot bat .. these things make the difference. WAY too early to be saying anything about, well .. anyone really.

Okay, maybe the Orioles. =p

The bullpen has been pretty effective lately as long as they stay far away from Veras in close games. Aceves has arguably turned into the Yankees version of Masterson, Bruney should be off the DL shortly (hopefully), Robertson has been good, Mo is Mo, Coke has been solid, if unspectacular, Hughes will be an assett, assuming they keep him in the bullpen, Tomko has been OK, nothing spectacular.

Since the starting rotation has gotten its act together, the bullpen has started to round into form. That and they sent Edwar and Alby back down to AAA.

tc2deuce
06-10-2009, 12:14 PM
i love the win but we play the yanks 12 more times so lets not get too big for our britches. The Yanks are going to be neck and neck with us all year but nothing feels better then beating down the pinstripes

The Intimidator
06-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Another thing that should be considered is the fact that the first 5 times the Red Sox played the Yankees, they were slumping. A-Rod was out, Teixeira was hitting terribly, and for some reason, Gardner was starting over Cabrera. The Yankees have been playing much better since. As for last night's game: no one is beating Beckett right now. His ERA since the beginning of May is around 1.70, and he has been even more dominant in his last 4 starts. The Yankees ran into Beckett at the wrong time. They have a great chance to win the next two games of this series, although I see the Sox pulling one of those out.

Zep
06-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Another thing that should be considered is the fact that the first 5 times the Red Sox played the Yankees, they were slumping. A-Rod was out, Teixeira was hitting terribly, and for some reason, Gardner was starting over Cabrera. The Yankees have been playing much better since. As for last night's game: no one is beating Beckett right now. His ERA since the beginning of May is around 1.70, and he has been even more dominant in his last 4 starts. The Yankees ran into Beckett at the wrong time. They have a great chance to win the next two games of this series, although I see the Sox pulling one of those out.

I get nervous these days anytime I see Wang on the mound, so I agree that tonight's game could really go either way. And as much as I hate to admit it, Beckett has regained his stuff and even if A.J. pitched a gem I wouldn't have been too surprised at the loss. Either way it's a damn good season thus far (yanks and sox both jockeying for position as AL East leaders, with the jays showing they can contend, and the rays in position to make a run no matter how far they drop back).

I wouldn't have it any other way :)

GO YANKS!

NCBoSoxfan21
06-10-2009, 12:45 PM
It will be a hit fest with Wake taking the mound tonite.

RedSoxhater
06-10-2009, 12:50 PM
It will be a hit fest with Wake taking the mound tonite.

You never know with Wakefield. When his knuckler is on, he's almost unhittable. The Yankees do have a good track record against him though.

redsox0717
06-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Yeah Wang vs. Wake

I don't think anyone knows what the hell is going to happen with those two guys on the mound tonight

The Intimidator
06-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Yeah Wang vs. Wake

I don't think anyone knows what the hell is going to happen with those two guys on the mound tonight

Everyone will predict a slugfest and it'll end up being 1-0 haha. :D

jetsfan718
06-10-2009, 01:13 PM
shouldnt be a problem were not having to much trbo with the rays and the sox have had 2 or more wins against yanks that shouldve been closed out but i could really care less about the division at this point ive won that for the last half of my life/ more ships plz!!!!! wildcard or not but lets all agree this is a marathon not a race well see what happens after the break

jetsfan718
06-10-2009, 01:14 PM
and wakefield will get lit up i duno how wang will do even though i am a yanks fan they really should come out ontop tonight

Zep
06-10-2009, 01:19 PM
shouldnt be a problem were not having to much trbo with the rays and the sox have had 2 or more wins against yanks that shouldve been closed out but i could really care less about the division at this point ive won that for the last half of my life/ more ships plz!!!!! wildcard or not but lets all agree this is a marathon not a race well see what happens after the break

lolwut? (http://www.shodor.org/~isinclair/lolwut.jpg)

redsox0717
06-10-2009, 01:23 PM
LoL, it's hilarious listening to Mike Francesa blast the Yankees over and over again

The Intimidator
06-10-2009, 01:25 PM
LoL, it's hilarious listening to Mike Francesa blast the Yankees over and over again

I listened to his show a lot when I was down in Jersey for school. It's always interesting, to say the least.

jojoe1188
06-10-2009, 01:41 PM

It works both ways.

like a bisexual

Pinstripe pride
06-10-2009, 02:05 PM
like a bisexual

are you ted turner?

MVPedroia
06-10-2009, 02:11 PM

ok and before yesterdays game Yankee fans were running their mouth saying they were on a roll and the same was healthy.

and look what happened. Burnett was on the mound so you cant use your pitcher as an excuse.

LetsGoA's
06-10-2009, 02:31 PM
What a load... Its june and they are tied for the division. Have we not all witnessed the yankees step it up after all star break year after year. what is this your first season watching the yankees or something?

CityofTreez
06-10-2009, 02:33 PM
I want to see a competitive AL East everytime! Even though, I would rather watch the NL East, they have some good game between the three!

I also got a $20 bet that the Yanks can't finish 1st in the AL East! With these lousy #'s against their division, it gives me a chance!

king4day
06-10-2009, 02:41 PM
The Yankees are ruining baseball!

Don't we have 4 wins against TB?

Exactly. The second I saw he wrote '2', I discounted him as a poster. It's a hate thread and shoulda been closed already.

king4day
06-10-2009, 02:44 PM
ok and before yesterdays game Yankee fans were running their mouth saying they were on a roll and the same was healthy.

and look what happened. Burnett was on the mound so you cant use your pitcher as an excuse.

Next to Wang, I think AJ has been our most inconsistent pitcher. He's yet to put together a complete solid effort.
It wouldn't have mattered as Beckett has been automatic his last few starts, but there's no way anyone can say we had a pitcher out there last night who we can't make excuses for...sure we can, he's been pretty bad all year. His ERA is almost 5 for a reason.

kevin09
06-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Too bad it is only June and too bad that record means nothing when playoffs start...

This was a dumb thread to start but if it helps you sleep at night congrats your 6-0 against us.

Rylinkus
06-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Can someone please bump this thread in a couple of months when it's relevant?

The Intimidator
06-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Can someone please bump this thread in a couple of months when it's relevant?

That can be your job, buddy. :D

donnie23
06-10-2009, 03:17 PM
I know alot of RedSox fans that would be embarrased by this thread. Just like I am when a Yankee fan goes off like a 3 yr old when we play well. There's no place for it, I can only assume that these posters go through life as chickens taking crap from everyone and come on here to be big and bad hiding behind their keyboards. Or they are 13.

YankeeFan28
06-10-2009, 03:21 PM
These teams have been so evenly matched up that the last 5 years that I'm sure things will start deviating to that average. I remember a few years ago the Red Sox were amazing against us early on only to lose 5 straight to the Yanks in Boston. While I'm not suggesting anything like that will happen again, I'm sure things will turn around for the Yankees and the series total will be a lot closer then it is now.

DJYankee
06-10-2009, 03:23 PM

I love this. Next time check your stats, because we are 4-4 versus Tampa. You have a point with Bos.

astavria
06-10-2009, 04:01 PM
I also agree that this thread is gonna start alot of smack talking. But the facts are the facts.

To say that the Yankees are like the Red Sox to the fact that the Sox were beaten 1-8 by the Angels in 08 and then beat them in the playoffs is completely of basis. The Angels and Sox are not division rivals. The fans of both teams do not have bragging rights on who won the most games against each other. Also, that is assuming the Yankees make the playoffs this year.

Another fact is that the Yankees are tied in first place because they have been playing mediocre teams so far and beating them. There are a handful of teams in the MLB that I would consider contenders and the Yanks have not been doing so good against them. Also, the 20+ come back wins is not going to continue throughout the season. Especially as the season goes on and guys start to wear and tear.

The Yankees obviously have the edge in hitting in the East, but their downfall is their pitching as it has been for a while now. The Red Sox, Rays and Jays have developed some good talented arms, where the Yanks have been overpaying in that department and still do not have a setup guy or consistent MR pitcher. Also, their starting rotation is worth twice as much as Boston's, which is the best in the East.

In comparing the starters, I believe the Sox have the edge. They have 3 #1's out there with Smoltz coming soon and Clay waiting in Pawtucket. Penny will be used as trade bait to land them a bat. The Yanks have no one to trade at this point. No one wants Matsui or Damon with their age and big contracts and the Yanks are reluctant to trade away their only good prospect.

The Yanks are a good team dont get me wrong. But to have lost 6 in a row to ur division rivals, shows their glaring weaknesses. Great Pitching wins against Great Hitting all day. That is what happened last night and will continue to happen throughout the years until the Yanks as an organization start to develop real prospects and start the development as the Sox,Rays and Jays have done. To do that, that means not loosing ur picks in the draft to acquire top free agents that might or might not pan out.

No Fun League
06-10-2009, 04:03 PM
they lose one game and they lost the AL East :shrug:

Pavelb1
06-10-2009, 04:04 PM
I also agree that this thread is gonna start alot of smack talking. But the facts are the facts.

To say that the Yankees are like the Red Sox to the fact that the Sox were beaten 1-8 by the Angels in 08 and then beat them in the playoffs is completely of basis. The Angels and Sox are not division rivals. The fans of both teams do not have bragging rights on who won the most games against each other. Also, that is assuming the Yankees make the playoffs this year.

Another fact is that the Yankees are tied in first place because they have been playing mediocre teams so far and beating them. There are a handful of teams in the MLB that I would consider contenders and the Yanks have not been doing so good against them. Also, the 20+ come back wins is not going to continue throughout the season. Especially as the season goes on and guys start to wear and tear.

The Yankees obviously have the edge in hitting in the East, but their downfall is their pitching as it has been for a while now. The Red Sox, Rays and Jays have developed some good talented arms, where the Yanks have been overpaying in that department and still do not have a setup guy or consistent MR pitcher. Also, their starting rotation is worth twice as much as Boston's, which is the best in the East.

In comparing the starters, I believe the Sox have the edge. They have 3 #1's out there with Smoltz coming soon and Clay waiting in Pawtucket. Penny will be used as trade bait to land them a bat. The Yanks have no one to trade at this point. No one wants Matsui or Damon with their age and big contracts and the Yanks are reluctant to trade away their only good prospect.

The Yanks are a good team dont get me wrong. But to have lost 6 in a row to ur division rivals, shows their glaring weaknesses. Great Pitching wins against Great Hitting all day. That is what happened last night and will continue to happen throughout the years until the Yanks as an organization start to develop real prospects and start the development as the Sox,Rays and Jays have done. To do that, that means not loosing ur picks in the draft to acquire top free agents that might or might not pan out.

That was wrong on so many points....

RedSoxhater
06-10-2009, 04:12 PM

you predicted your own smack talking?

Zep
06-10-2009, 04:14 PM

tl;dr

Pinstripe pride
06-10-2009, 04:14 PM

I don't know where to begin with the incorrect statements here

RedSoxhater
06-10-2009, 04:16 PM
I don't know where to begin with the incorrect statements here

The comments are so asinine, they don't merit response, tbh.

No Fun League
06-10-2009, 04:17 PM
I don't know where to begin with the incorrect statements here start "But the facts are the facts"

Highcheese4U
06-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Another classless Donkey thread.... are we really suprised by this fan base anymore? .. I'm not.

Pavelb1
06-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Another classless Donkey thread.... are we really suprised by this fan base anymore? .. I'm not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztPQieRucKE

#27in2007
06-10-2009, 04:47 PM
the crazy thing is that if the yankees could do the unimaginable and win a game tonite, then they could be in first place by themselves.... even though they can't seem to beat the Red Sox which the A's have no problem doing, or the Rays.... they have special words reserved for people like the thread starter, but i will keep this clean...

MrBloop
06-10-2009, 05:06 PM
I know you're still happy after last night's beatdown, but coming from a fellow Red Sox fan...what's the point of starting this thread when you know how it's going to end? Let's try and show some class here.

Your fan base, (not directed at you) has bout as much class as an 20 year wedding anniversary dinner at Bennigans.

Close this crap. I'll take the wins anyway I can get. There is plenty of time to improve our record vs division rivals.

MrBloop
06-10-2009, 05:09 PM
From a 3rd party perspective I'd just like to say that Beckett was absolutely FILTHY last night.

From a Yankee perspective, I would have to agree. That show me curve of his was bending knees and the high hard one was looking about as good as it gets as far as location.

He's a tough guy to hit against when he gets a lead. We still rake him though, just not last nite.

MrBloop
06-10-2009, 05:15 PM
LOL Burnett.....you let Ortiz hit a bomb off you.

Papi really unloaded on the straightest, middle of the plate FB imaginable. Congrats papi...for what its worth, he still didn't turn on it. Two inches in or out he would have popped it up or hit it foul.

Papi owns Wang, I wouldn't be surprised if he jacks one out off him tonight as well.

misterd
06-10-2009, 05:24 PM

Excuse? No. Blame? Sure. He sucked last night, pure and simple, and while I give Girardi credit for trying to take some heat off him, the truth is the loss was almost completely on his shoulders (from the Yanks side - on the Sox side, most of the credit goes to Beckett).

Honestly, looking at the pitching matchups, I thought last night the Sox had an edge (given the way Burnett has struggled), a clear advantage tonight, (though a knuckleballer is always a wild card), and a clear disadvantage for tomorrow. The only disappointing thing was just HOW badly Burnett pitched.

misterd
06-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Exactly. The second I saw he wrote '2', I discounted him as a poster. It's a hate thread and shoulda been closed already.

Let's see...

We've got a horrible record against Boston.

Split with Tampa.

Winning against Indians, Texas, Angels, Twins, Tigers, Jays, O's, Royals, and A's.

We have yet to play the M's or White Sox.

So according to astavira, the AL is made up of the BoSox, Rays and a bunch of scrubs the Yankees can beat up on, and the Yanks should live in fear of the post season because we have been beaten by only one team that we cannot possibly play in the first round.

Now the Red Sox...

Again, dominating the Yankees.

Beating the Jays, Indians, o's, Tigers and Twins

BUT...

Manhandled by the Rays.

Lost to the Angels, A's, Mariners, Rangers.

Yet to play the Royals and White Sox.

SO

Against League Opponents:

Yankees:
Winning: 9
Split:1
Losing: 1

Red Sox:
Winning:6
Split: 0
Losing: 5

Seems to me the Sox should thank their lucky stars the Yanks have played them so poorly - take away those 6 wins, and they're a pretty mediocre team struggling against a bunch of other mediocre teams.

Edit: Fixed Cleveland record.

Storm4
06-10-2009, 05:45 PM
I'll start to panic when October comes around if the team is losing. Right now, we're tied for first, we've been hot and the Yankees have consistently proven to be potent in the second half of the season.

What you do against the division during the season doesn't mean nearly as much as some people would make it out. The sports are different, but lets look at football last year. The Eagles did awful against their division last year, yet they beat the Cowboys in a playoff game (last week of the regular season) and knocked the Giants out of the playoffs while making it to the NFC Championship game. Again, I realize the sports are different, but my point is that what teams do in in the playoffs is what is most important.

Mig7
06-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Excuse? No. Blame? Sure. He sucked last night, pure and simple, and while I give Girardi credit for trying to take some heat off him, the truth is the loss was almost completely on his shoulders (from the Yanks side - on the Sox side, most of the credit goes to Beckett).

Honestly, looking at the pitching matchups, I thought last night the Sox had an edge (given the way Burnett has struggled), a clear advantage tonight, (though a knuckleballer is always a wild card), and a clear disadvantage for tomorrow. The only disappointing thing was just HOW badly Burnett pitched.

Agreed. Tonight could go so many ways. Wake could give up no runs through 5 or 5 runs in the first. If Boston takes a lead to the bullpen, then our odds of winning increase, though, IMO, Tito can be a little slow getting there at times in deference to his veterans. I'm projecting a NY win despite Wang's struggles. He could also be due for a decent outing. So many Yankees are due to bust out the sticks.

Storm4
06-10-2009, 05:59 PM

Yes, what an awful fan base!

Get real man, how can you honestly take a shot at an entire fan base using the ignorance of a small portion of them? The majority of Sox fans I've talked to really aren't bad at all.

By making those statements, you're making Yankee fans look bad.

Matt-the-great
06-10-2009, 06:07 PM
i love reading Yankee fan reactions, haha

Matt-the-great
06-10-2009, 06:08 PM
and the Yanks did well against the 3rd place team...Jays

misterd
06-10-2009, 06:28 PM
and the Yanks did well against the 3rd place team...Jays

Pretty sure they were 1st when we played them.

Storm4
06-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Pretty sure they were 1st when we played them.

Lets not forget that they're also 1.5 games back from Boston and New York. It isn't as though the Jays are a scrubby team.

bleedpinstripes
06-10-2009, 06:33 PM

Seems like 80% of your posts are Yankee related...seriously, you need to concentrate on the Sox more.

That's actually not an exageration, I just checked your post history 80% is pretty close.

RedSoxhater
06-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Let's see...

We've got a horrible record against Boston.

Split with Tampa and the Indians.

Winning against Texas, Angels, Twins, Tigers, Jays, O's, Royals, and A's.

We have yet to play the M's or White Sox.

So according to astavira, the AL is made up of the BoSox, Rays and Indians and a bunch of scrubs the Yankees can beat up on, and the Yanks should live in fear of the post season because we have been beaten by only one team that we cannot possibly play in the first round.

Now the Red Sox...

Again, dominating the Yankees.

Beating the Jays, Indians, o's, Tigers and Twins

BUT...

Manhandled by the Rays.

Lost to the Angels, A's, Mariners, Rangers.

Yet to play the Royals and White Sox.

SO

Against League Opponents:

Yankees:
Winning: 8
Split:2
Losing: 1

Red Sox:

Winning:6
Split: 0
Losing: 5

Seems to me the Sox should thank their lucky stars the Yanks have played them so poorly - take away those 6 wins, and they're a pretty mediocre team struggling against a bunch of other mediocre teams.

Yanks are 5-3 vs. Cleveland. ;)

misterd
06-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Yanks are 5-3 vs. Cleveland. ;)

Whoops. Must be the dehydration.

misterd
06-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Lets not forget that they're also 1.5 games back from Boston and New York. It isn't as though the Jays are a scrubby team.

May want to tell that to the Sawx fans...

SidTheKid
06-10-2009, 06:50 PM
What's the point of even starting a thread like this. It only leads to trouble :pity:

Highcheese4U
06-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Yes, what an awful fan base!

Get real man, how can you honestly take a shot at an entire fan base using the ignorance of a small portion of them? The majority of Sox fans I've talked to really aren't bad at all.

By making those statements, you're making Yankee fans look bad.

I am real..

Yes, its just unfortunate that those-the majority of whom you are referring to don't post here on PSD.. even if they did they are ruined from the start by donkeys like this. Take it for what its worth and dont worry about it.

Highcheese4U
06-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Seems like 80% of your posts are Yankee related...seriously, you need to concentrate on the Sox more.

That's actually not an exageration, I just checked your post history 80% is pretty close.

lol were you surprised though!??? :smoking:

misterd
06-10-2009, 07:39 PM
What's the point of even starting a thread like this. It only leads to trouble :pity:

To cause trouble, perhaps?

PiratesFan12
06-10-2009, 08:08 PM
HAHA YANKEES SUCK lol jk.Pointing out the obvious in this thread