PDA

View Full Version : Kapono to the Sixers for Evans

black1605
06-09-2009, 02:58 PM
and the trading begins

The Sixers have acquired Jason Kapono from the Toronto Raptors in exchange for Reggie Evans, a league source told the Daily News. An announcement is expected later today.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sixerville/Sixers_acquire_Kapono_from_Raptors.html

jimbobjarree
06-09-2009, 02:59 PM
so Korver wont be returning home in the free agency then

lakerboy
06-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Sixers finally have a shooter.

Halladay
06-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Good trade for both teams. Both guys making too much money for their production. Raptors needed to get tougher as well as another rebounder and they did, Philly needed a shooter and they got one of the best. Makes sense.

ink
06-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Sixers finally have a shooter.

A very one-dimensional shooter. Great deal for the Raptors ... and for both teams actually. Both got what they needed.

Philly76
06-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Finally something going on the roster! Very good trade for us. I hope Kapono will adapt be very useful.

Mile High Champ
06-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Deal makes sense for both teams..

clehmun
06-09-2009, 03:10 PM
i guess the raptors won't be taking dejuan blair afterall.

i do like this trade, but raptors will have bosh, bargnani, humphries, jawai, pops, and evans. whom are all PFs. they also have o'bryant and jake as backup 5s. that's a lot of bigs...

i guess there'll be more trades coming up.

whoakid
06-09-2009, 03:11 PM
good move by both teams

theLgndKllr35
06-09-2009, 03:13 PM
so Korver wont be returning home in the free agency then

Two shooters? You never know.

PhillyForLife90
06-09-2009, 03:15 PM
I really like this trade. Philly gets a shooter in Kapono which we needed badly, and the Raps get toughness and defense from Evans.

clutchski
06-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Yes Kapono can be lights out but his defense is astonishingly poor.

masalex1205
06-09-2009, 03:17 PM
good trade for both

AIsixersFK
06-09-2009, 03:19 PM
I would love to see Korver come back.... I cried when he got traded.

bahama0811
06-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Good trade all around. Philly gets the shooter they've needed since Korver. Toronto gets the toughness they need.

pebloemer
06-09-2009, 03:20 PM

i do like this trade, but raptors will have bosh, bargnani, humphries, jawai, pops, and evans. whom are all PFs. they also have o'bryant and jake as backup 5s. that's a lot of bigs...

Pops has not signed a contract with the team. Voskuhl expired at the end of last season and O'Bryant's contract is only partially guaranteed.

The deal could definitely be a precursor for future dealing still though

AirJesus26
06-09-2009, 03:24 PM
So the trades start like today or something? just wondering

SwaggaIke
06-09-2009, 03:24 PM
I remember getting an infraction last year around this time for telling some dude Kapono was a one dimensional shooter and not worth a fraction of the money BC gave him. Good deal for Philly because they gain a shooter, but he won't be able to play at the pace or defend. Solid deal for Toronto though, they need toughness on that team badly.

king4day
06-09-2009, 03:26 PM

I wonder if they did this by need or to have a servicable PF in the case they deal away Bosh.

Sixers should go after Big Baby as a backup.

king4day
06-09-2009, 03:27 PM
So the trades start like today or something? just wondering

Yea how is this even allowed? I thought nothing can be done until 2 weeks after the finals, or something like that.

ink
06-09-2009, 03:30 PM
I remember getting an infraction last year around this time for telling some dude Kapono was a one dimensional shooter and not worth a fraction of the money BC gave him. Good deal for Philly because they gain a shooter, but he won't be able to play at the pace or defend. Solid deal for Toronto though, they need toughness on that team badly.

I didn't give you the infraction, but you got it for insulting another poster in a team forum. You didn't get the infraction for saying Kapono was one-dimensional.

But I agree that the deal is about as even as it could get. My only reservation about Philly getting Kapono is that he IS one dimensional. He's a big defensive liability when he's on the floor.

HOZ THE KNICK
06-09-2009, 03:30 PM
even trade for both since the 1st trade of the off season is out of the way who's next?

Boston Faithful
06-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Great trade for the Sixers. Evans didn't do much last year as he had a big layoff from previous years and he basically wasn't doing anything for the Sixers. Kapono will be lethal off the bench in terms of having a shooter. This is only the start though, the Sixers need to do something big this offseason to really shake up their roster to adapt to Brand or let go of Brand because he clearly did not fit with their style at all last year.

pebloemer
06-09-2009, 03:32 PM
I wonder if they did this by need or to have a servicable PF in the case they deal away Bosh.

The thought crossed my mind. I think it could have been a positive aspect of the trade, but I don't think they made it just for that reason. It also gives them flexibility to try and trade Humphries. Without either possibility though, it does make them tougher up front and saves them about 1-1.15 million this year and next. All the possible reason combined I can think of make this a smart deal, no matter what happens before next season.

AIsixersFK
06-09-2009, 03:32 PM

Thanks but we already have Speights, who is a MONSTER and Jason Smith returing for us.

SwaggaIke
06-09-2009, 03:38 PM
I didn't give you the infraction, but you got it for insulting another poster in a team forum. You didn't get the infraction for saying Kapono was one-dimensional.

But I agree that the deal is about as even as it could get. My only reservation about Philly getting Kapono is that he IS one dimensional. He's a big defensive liability when he's on the floor.

Sorry, but you'd have to show me the difference between the two posts. I hope that man also received an infraction.

HOZ THE KNICK
06-09-2009, 03:38 PM
i think the 76ers should go after mike bibby if they can't retain andre miller.

HOZ THE KNICK
06-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Thanks but we already have Speights, who is a MONSTER and Jason Smith returing for us.and also elton brand, evans was expendable.

ink
06-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Sorry, but you'd have to show me the difference between the two posts. I hope that man also received an infraction.

You were not in your own forum. If you're visiting someone else's forum, please post with respect. Since this is off-topic in this thread, please take it to PMs if you need to continue.

ink
06-09-2009, 03:45 PM

At least it sets us up to some degree if that happens. Good move in a lot of ways.

king4day
06-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks but we already have Speights, who is a MONSTER and Jason Smith returing for us.

I forgot about him. Good call. Especially since Davis is probably getting the MLE this season.

king4day
06-09-2009, 03:48 PM
At least it sets us up to some degree if that happens. Good move in a lot of ways.

Even in keeping Bosh, I like the move. U have a bruiser off the bench. I don't think this will be the last move that the Raptors make.
They want to keep Bosh, so this could also be the beginning of revamping the team to suit him better. Maybe they want to become a tough defensive team.

ink
06-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Even in keeping Bosh, I like the move. U have a bruiser off the bench. I don't think this will be the last move that the Raptors make.
They want to keep Bosh, so this could also be the beginning of revamping the team to suit him better. Maybe they want to become a tough defensive team.

Everything BC has tried to do in the last couple of years has been to take pressure off Bosh so, yes, Evans will help in that way. There's no doubt at all that this is to improve toughness and defence. Colangelo has stated those goals for this off-season. He's undoubtedly tired of being accused of developing soft teams. We know that he was given that label with the Suns too. I like the move and want to see him shed some of the redundant big men and get us some explosive perimeter players. Kapono just wasn't that type of player.

MagicBucsSox
06-09-2009, 03:51 PM
lol i didnt even kno you can trade during the playoffs/finals

Kakaroach
06-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Good trade for both teams. The Raptors finally get some defense down low and the Sixers finally get a shooter.

koreancabbage
06-09-2009, 04:01 PM
well REggie evans at C or PF and you have Pops at the 3, Humps at C or PF. this coming season is going to be very interesting.

Kdirt
06-09-2009, 04:02 PM
i thought you couldnt trade until the season ended??

td0tsfinest
06-09-2009, 04:02 PM
I like this trade. We finally get that gritty, "will play for a sandwich" type player. He'll bring toughness and energy off our bench, something that we sorely need.

Sixers got a 3-pt shooter, which they need. A lot of you seem real happy. A guy who averages 2 3pters a game isn't going to help a whole lot.

vick27m
06-09-2009, 04:05 PM
love this deal kapono is what philly needs

Gnac76
06-09-2009, 04:07 PM
I like this trade. We finally get that gritty, "will play for a sandwich" type player. He'll bring toughness and energy off our bench, something that we sorely need.

Sixers got a 3-pt shooter, which they need. A lot of you seem real happy. A guy who averages 2 3pters a game isn't going to help a whole lot.

for a team that at some points seemed to make no 3 pointers in a game, and lost a ton of games by a few points... we'll gladly take the 6 points (two 3's)

I think this is an even trade for both teams as each organization addresses a need

ARMIN12NBA
06-09-2009, 04:09 PM
The Sixers have finally acquired that three-point shooting threat to allow for spacing and a player to be able to kick out the ball to in a dribble drive. This is a good move which will help Elton Brand especially (less clogging).

Kakaroach
06-09-2009, 04:14 PM
lol i didnt even kno you can trade during the playoffs/finals Come to think of it, neither did I.

Knowledge
06-09-2009, 04:19 PM

he will (most likely) get more looks here. We are a team made of slashers and guys who can finish strong at the rim. We need someone who come off the bench and bust a zone so Iggy, Thad, Lou, and ect can attack.

SeoulBeatz
06-09-2009, 04:24 PM
The Sixers have finally acquired that three-point shooting threat to allow for spacing and a player to be able to kick out the ball to in a dribble drive. This is a good move which will help Elton Brand especially (less clogging).

exactly.

people can hate on Elton all they want, but what they fail to mention is that while elton was playing, we also had a different coach. Elton went down and our coach was fired within 3 days of each other.

Mo Cheeks had no idea how to use Elton and there was no movement when we ran plays for him because Mo was just such a terrible coach.

Elton had no problem going up and down the court, but we had terrible spacing because our lack of movement and shooting. well we got a new coach, a new shooter, elton brand and jason smith are coming back healthy, im excited for the new season.

Bucks24226
06-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Dang, i wanted Milwaukee to get Evans he would have been perfect for Skiles system.

Kakaroach
06-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Dang, i wanted Milwaukee to get Evans he would have been perfect for Skiles system. Whoa a Bucks fan, that's a first. But to what you said, don't you already have Bogut who is good in Skiles system?

_Sn1P3r_
06-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Good trade. A bulky, tough big man off the bench for us who is also a good rebounder, which the Raps need more of.

Becks2307
06-09-2009, 05:04 PM
i still think kapono could average 15 pts a game EASY

PhillySportFan
06-09-2009, 05:12 PM

Yeah, true but he's not a full time player and the Sixers help and rotate a ton anyways. Hopefully Eddie Jordan changes that up much but don't expect him to change much defensively.

Chronz
06-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Nothing but a salary dump, Raps knew they effed up with the Kapono signing and are now washing themselves of it all. Evans used to be the top rebounder in basketball, I dont know where you guys heard he was a good defender but atleast he can annoy people.

More shats!
06-09-2009, 05:23 PM

Not really. He is way to dumb to average that for a full season.

Mile High Champ
06-09-2009, 05:41 PM

Yeah and give up 30 on the defensive end...

Trouble87
06-09-2009, 05:46 PM
good deal for everyone involved... hope Kapono gets some solid minutes this year

Durant is hype
06-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Good trade for both teams.

AIsixersFK
06-09-2009, 05:55 PM
I was all for having Korver come back...till i saw this
http://media.photobucket.com/image/kyle%20korver%20bad%20defense/ECKoolAid/lolsports/korver-plays-defense.jpg

AIsixersFK
06-09-2009, 05:58 PM
oh.....and remember when Reggie Evans grabbed Chris Kamans dick? :laugh:

BenFrank
06-09-2009, 05:58 PM
i thought you couldnt trade until the season ended??

Yea thats the same thing I thought.. I don't think it's legit, maybe in the works.. I'm pretty sure L.A. and Orlando can't make trade's right now.. so I don't how the rest of the league would be able to.. there's a little thing called fairness which shoot's this one down for me

KmB728
06-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Nice trade for the Sixers, they got a shooter to replace the absence of Korver

Ragun
06-09-2009, 07:00 PM
good luck with kapono philly.

MiamiHeat
06-09-2009, 07:02 PM
76rs needed a shooter and they got one
good trade...? :shrug:

ramz.n
06-09-2009, 07:28 PM
good trade for the raptors...that must mean that they are 100% not selecting a big man ( blair) in the draft and will surely draft a sg.

Legitimate
06-09-2009, 07:45 PM
I was all for having Korver come back...till i saw this
http://media.photobucket.com/image/kyle%20korver%20bad%20defense/ECKoolAid/lolsports/korver-plays-defense.jpg

dodie53
06-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Korver > Kapono

TYoung21
06-09-2009, 08:06 PM
This will helpout Brand alot. It'd help alot more if we let Miller go and get PG who can shoot farther than 10 feet.

SpeedyRecovery
06-09-2009, 08:17 PM
This will helpout Brand alot. It'd help alot more if we let Miller go and get PG who can shoot farther than 10 feet.

you guys could get our kid roko

IversonIsKrazy
06-09-2009, 08:35 PM
good trade for both.

Sixers finally gotta shooter.
Raptors are going to have the best reboudning in the league from the bench, there gunna now have Pops & Evans. Looking good to me.

dtmagnet
06-09-2009, 08:51 PM
you guys could get our kid roko

Considering Roko can't shoot from 5 feet...

_Sn1P3r_
06-09-2009, 10:11 PM
good trade for both.

Sixers finally gotta shooter.
Raptors are going to have the best reboudning in the league from the bench, there gunna now have Pops & Evans. Looking good to me.

That's if we sign Pops.

Bucks24226
06-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Whoa a Bucks fan, that's a first. But to what you said, don't you already have Bogut who is good in Skiles system?

yeah, but we might not re-sign Charlie V so Evans would be a great replacemnt

Kakaroach
06-16-2009, 03:11 PM
yeah, but we might not re-sign Charlie V so Evans would be a great replacemnt Oh yeah, that's right, CV could leave the Bucks. Yeah, Evans would have good for you guys lol.

theimortalone
06-17-2009, 02:34 AM
I thought trades couldn't happen yet? :shrug: