PDA

View Full Version : Celtics, Knicks, and Houston after no 2 pick

Boston Faithful
06-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Meanwhile, the Griz still are entertaining offers for the No. 2 pick as well as their 27th and 36th selections.

As the rumor mill churns, the Griz have been approached by several teams about acquiring the second overall pick. Boston, Houston and New York are said to be among the most recent suitors.

Boston and Houston would likely have to offer an established NBA player or two, given that neither team owns a first-round pick. New York owns the eighth pick and likely would want to move up for the opportunity to take Rubio.

Tip-ins: Griz brass conducted a pre-draft workout Monday with prospects that will be considered for their 27th and 36th picks. Chris Johnson (LSU), Josh Carter (Texas A&M), Wes Matthews (Marquette), Stefon Jackson (UTEP), Garrett Temple (LSU) participated. Jackson was asked to return today for a workout that will include former University of Memphis guard Antonio Anderson.

Personally, if I were Danny Ainge, I would let go of Rondo straight up for the no. 2 pick which would allow the Celtics to pick Rubio. Rubio has more potential than Rondo and will be a much better shooter right out of the gate. I don't know how the Celtics are going to bank their future on Rondo, who can't shoot worth a lick. He missed so many big shots down the stretch in the Magic series and while I have alot of faith with him distributing the ball - I don't think he can get the job done shooting wise and do not ever see him becoming a very good shooter.

Secondly, I don't know what Houston has to give up besides Brooks who I would not trade for the no 2 pick but New York has a boatload they can trade.

madiaz3
06-09-2009, 02:34 PM
I always thought Rubio was known for having a lack of jumpshot?

Boston Faithful
06-09-2009, 02:36 PM
I always thought Rubio was known for having a lack of jumpshot?

Rubio is not the greatest shooter but he is alot better than Rondo.

IRUAM #21
06-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Good chance for NY to get Rubio.

GREATNESS ONE
06-09-2009, 02:38 PM
should be interesting. Just enjoying the finals.

GiantMetKnick
06-09-2009, 02:39 PM
I think it's safe to say Houston wouldn't be going after Thabeet (although it would be nasty to have him and Yao on the court at the same time), but why would they be so interested in Rubio? I'd go after a SG, because T-Mac has no future there, and Brooks could be the answer at point. Then again, if they are convinced Rubio is a star, its worth it.

I think Boston would be dumb to part with Rondo for an unproven PG. They have to win NOW, and Rubio is likely gonna take time to develop. Rondo already has developed into a great PG who excels in Boston's system (and who knows how to utilize his Big Three). They should be going after Thabeet - who would fill the defensive stopper role Perkins fills but has much more upside and shot-blocking ability.

The Knicks need everything, so it makes sense for them.

eBayGEEK
06-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Good chance for NY to get Rubio.

:clap::clap:

When do i get my signature ? how many posts ?
I want it to read .... I A TRUE FAN - KNICKS 2010 lol

NBA_Starter
06-09-2009, 02:41 PM
:clap::clap:

When do i get my signature ? how many posts ?
I want it to read .... I A TRUE FAN - KNICKS 2010 lol

It's either after 100 or 200 posts, I have a feeling the Knicks will somehow wind up with the #2.

jimbobjarree
06-09-2009, 02:41 PM
what they hell can the Knicks actually give the Griz though?

The only things I'd think they want would be David Lee, and they can offer him a contract openly in the FA, same with Nate. We have the Knicks pick next year there only other thing of real value, but I presume 8 would be involved in any deal. Griz wouldnt need Gali or Chandler and everything else is expiring.

Lindystud36
06-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Knicks wont get Lebron
Makes sence forthem to build through youth
Trade Lee Curry and Mobleys 80% insurance contract for the Number 2 pick
Draft Rubio and Demar Derosan with the 8th pick
Have 3 youngins in Rubio, Rozan and Gallo
To Pair with Chandler Nate and hopefully BOSH in 2010
Then the knicks still have capspace and will be competitive

eBayGEEK
06-09-2009, 02:42 PM
It's either after 100 or 200 posts, I have a feeling the Knicks will somehow wind up with the #2.

thanks ... I want the to keep lee tho =/

They built them, they work them... then they let them go =/ (ariza):confused:

Lindystud36
06-09-2009, 02:43 PM

100 posts

29$JerZ
06-09-2009, 02:43 PM
what they hell can the Knicks actually give the Griz though?

The only things I'd think they want would be David Lee, and they can offer him a contract openly in the FA, same with Nate. We have the Knicks pick next year, but I presume 8 would be involved in any deal

Cuttino Mobleys Insurance paid contract (80%)
8th Pick
Nate Robinson S/T
David Lee S/T
Al Harrington Expiring - 10 million
Quentin Richardson expiring - 9 milion expiring
etc

We have a lot to offer, but that doesn;t mean its smart to throw all our best assets for the 2nd.

Draco
06-09-2009, 02:47 PM
I think it's safe to say Houston wouldn't be going after Thabeet (although it would be nasty to have him and Yao on the court at the same time), but why would they be so interested in Rubio? I'd go after a SG, because T-Mac has no future there, and Brooks could be the answer at point. Then again, if they are convinced Rubio is a star, its worth it.

I think Boston would be dumb to part with Rondo for an unproven PG. They have to win NOW, and Rubio is likely gonna take time to develop. Rondo already has developed into a great PG who excels in Boston's system (and who knows how to utilize his Big Three). They should be going after Thabeet - who would fill the defensive stopper role Perkins fills but has much more upside and shot-blocking ability.

The Knicks need everything, so it makes sense for them.

Agree on Celtics parting with a proven PG for a rookie when they're trying to make a run.. not a good idea.

Disagree on the Rockets not being interested in Thabeet.. they could bring him along slowly by using him as a backup C... which is something they've needed since Mutombo is gone.

JabberJaw
06-09-2009, 02:48 PM
You won't get a #2 pick for just Rondo. If you had a later first and Rondo, maybe. To get a pick that high you need an all star calliber player. I would say the Celtics have the worst chance of the 3 teams mentioned, to get a deal done for the #2 pick. You mortgaged your future for Ray Allen and Garnett. No first round pick and no real good young players to trade.

nyanks79
06-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Knicks wont get Lebron
Makes sence forthem to build through youth
Trade Lee Curry and Mobleys 80% insurance contract for the Number 2 pick
Draft Rubio and Demar Derosan with the 8th pick
Have 3 youngins in Rubio, Rozan and Gallo
To Pair with Chandler Nate and hopefully BOSH in 2010
Then the knicks still have capspace and will be competitive

We dont know if the Knicks will get Lebron. There is no way if the knicks make a trade for the number 2 pick and the Knicks 8th pick is not involved. Memphis would never take Currys contract. And Chandler is 21 so how he is not a young player dosnet make sence. If they were be able to trade curry they would be able to sign two contracts.

29$JerZ
06-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Boston can't get the 2nd because Memphis already has a PG and need a SF/PF.
Unless Boston minds trading Garnett or Pierce :laugh: to Memphis I just don't see it happening.

colinskik
06-09-2009, 02:50 PM
I love how now Boston thinks Rondo's not the answer whereas three months ago he was a top 3 point guard. Those Boston franchises never cease to amaze me with their thickheadedness.

Hellcrooner
06-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Rubio in boston?
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

and by the way....i dont see it unless they ship Rondo for stoudamire or something like that.

I mean..

wahts the point of having the same type of guy for one position?

Young

Great defender

great at steals.

Good passing ability

bad shooting....

does not make any sense

and also it would spoil Both careers Rondos because he shoudl be having 40 minutes agame and with rubio he would have like 30 and Rubios because instead of having 30 a game he woudl be having 15 .

also a major concern on rubio is his turnovers, if you turnover the ball in Ny or Memphis its ok Celtics are contending they have NO TIME for a rookie to turn it over he woudl end up playing 5 minutes a game like sergio rodrgiuez.

For gods sake, NO TO BOSTON.

jimbobjarree
06-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Cuttino Mobleys Insurance paid contract (80%)
8th Pick
Nate Robinson S/T
David Lee S/T
Al Harrington Expiring - 10 million
Quentin Richardson expiring - 9 milion expiring
etc

We have a lot to offer, but that doesn;t mean its smart to throw all our best assets for the 2nd.

the only bad contract they'd have is Jaric, but is an expiring worth the second pick?
Robinson and Lee they can just sign without giving up the pick

the 8th pick really is all you have to offer

Hellcrooner
06-09-2009, 03:02 PM
For gods sake.

Ive had hard times getting used to "cheer" for No name horrid teams as Raptors as Memphis but man, Celtics thats the one team i could by NO MEANS stomach having any sympathy for.

Hellcrooner
06-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Dont the Grizz need a back up pg and a Pf?

Nate and Gallinari for the two everybody happy

Conley, Mayo, Gay, Gallinari, Marc

Rubio, Evans, Chandle, harrington, curry

lakerboy
06-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Grizz should just give Rubio to the Lakers.

You know they love us right?

Morrison, Farmar + 1st round pick + cash + 2 western conference champion trophies + Kobe Bryant signature jerseys for Ricky Rubio.

whoakid
06-09-2009, 03:20 PM
don't think any three of them have a shot at the 2nd

Hellcrooner
06-09-2009, 03:25 PM
i would deal bynum who is doing NoThING in the finals (but stupid fouls) and his long and fat contrat and bum knees `+Sasha and some pick for Rubio and Marc Gasol withouth even blinking my eyes.

Rubio, kobe, Ariza, Gasol and Gasol +odom = Dinasty

SwaggaIke
06-09-2009, 03:27 PM
So you want your team to trade an All Star point guard for a unproven commodity and completely ruin championship chemistry? Hopefully Ainge isn't as foolish as you. Once Rondo develops his shot there won't be a point guard in the league who'll have a chance at defending him.

Hanzinho
06-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Rubio better than Rondo????

Not in this life...

abe_froman
06-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Rubio better than Rondo????

Not in this life...

he will be

HOZ THE KNICK
06-09-2009, 03:36 PM
i would just stay at 8 this draft is pg heavy and somebody will fall.

masalex1205
06-09-2009, 03:37 PM

Morrison, Farmar + 1st round pick + cash + 2 western conference champion trophies + Kobe Bryant signature jerseys for Ricky Rubio.

hahah funny, i still hate Kobe, but that one made me laugh

RollinDeep
06-09-2009, 03:39 PM

Throw in Sasha and it's a deal.

Hellcrooner
06-09-2009, 03:53 PM
^of course.

RollinDeep
06-09-2009, 03:57 PM
^of course.

I mean, Rubio can't shoot any worse than Sasha right?

Kakaroach
06-09-2009, 03:57 PM
I don't see any of these teams getting the #2 pick.

jimbobjarree
06-09-2009, 04:22 PM
i would deal bynum who is doing NoThING in the finals (but stupid fouls) and his long and fat contrat and bum knees `+Sasha and some pick for Rubio and Marc Gasol withouth even blinking my eyes.

Rubio, kobe, Ariza, Gasol and Gasol +odom = Dinasty

classic crooner :pity:

mikantsass
06-09-2009, 04:33 PM
The Celtics are not going to trade for the #2 pick. This draft class is garbage except for Griffin. International players are as soft as they come and that is not going to win championships in the NBA.

shaunm
06-09-2009, 04:43 PM
However, maybe the C's were talking to Memphis about the 27

sugarrayray
06-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Personally, if I were Danny Ainge, I would let go of Rondo straight up for the no. 2 pick which would allow the Celtics to pick Rubio. Rubio has more potential than Rondo and will be a much better shooter right out of the gate. I don't know how the Celtics are going to bank their future on Rondo, who can't shoot worth a lick. He missed so many big shots down the stretch in the Magic series and while I have alot of faith with him distributing the ball - I don't think he can get the job done shooting wise and do not ever see him becoming a very good shooter.

Secondly, I don't know what Houston has to give up besides Brooks who I would not trade for the no 2 pick but New York has a boatload they can trade.

u would trade rondo for the number 2 pick but not brooks?? do u watch basketball?

TheShock45
06-09-2009, 05:05 PM
please god let the sixers be in on the number 2

Giaps
06-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Knicks have a ton of potential assets:

#8 pick
S&T Lee
S&T Nate
Mobley contract (80% insured = free money)
Harrington expiring
Hughes expiring
Richardson expiring
Duhon expiring
Cash

Hellcrooner
06-09-2009, 05:14 PM
The Celtics are not going to trade for the #2 pick. This draft class is garbage except for Griffin. International players are as soft as they come and that is not going to win championships in the NBA.

Can you tell that to Parker and Ginobili?

oh and in 2 to 5 games you can say that too either to Pau and Sasha or Gortat and Trukoglu.

Hater.

Swift n Sil3nt
06-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Knicks have a ton of potential assets:

#8 pick
S&T Lee
S&T Nate
Mobley contract (80% insured = free money)
Harrington expiring
Hughes expiring
Richardson expiring
Duhon expiring
Cash

im a knicks fan through and through but its hard calling these guys assets when they are part of the plan for 2010.

David Lee for Pick 15: Draft Ty Lawson/Tyreke Evans
Pick 8, Mobleys Contract for Pick 2 and Dark

Giaps
06-09-2009, 05:50 PM
im a knicks fan through and through but its hard calling these guys assets when they are part of the plan for 2010.

David Lee for Pick 15: Draft Ty Lawson/Tyreke Evans
Pick 8, Mobleys Contract for Pick 2 and Dark
There is nobody there who is part of the 2010 plan besides for Lee. Lee for the 15th is selling him way too low... his value is at an all-time high.

ohreally
06-09-2009, 05:50 PM
You're a Knick fan and you're trading Lee for the 15th pick???
And you think Memphis is so cash strapped that they would give up #2 and Darko for #8 and Darko???
WAY strange.

ohreally
06-09-2009, 05:51 PM
ooops, I meant #8 and mobley.

GoatMilk
06-09-2009, 05:55 PM
I don't see any of these teams getting the #2 pick.

same here
this is all hogwash

Swift n Sil3nt
06-09-2009, 05:56 PM
There are a ton of rumors circulating that the Knicks will trade Lee for the 15th pick.
To answer your question about assets, all of those guys with expirings ARE part of the 2010 plan. We dont want to trade them unless we are getting an expiring back.

I still think the way to go is to try and keep the 8th pick, trade whatever it takes so you end up with Thabeet and Curry/Derozan

Raidaz4Life
06-09-2009, 05:57 PM
u would trade rondo for the number 2 pick but not brooks?? do u watch basketball?

Omg I don't know why but I started ROFL after I read that post

:laugh:

arkanian215
06-09-2009, 06:04 PM
We dont know if the Knicks will get Lebron. There is no way if the knicks make a trade for the number 2 pick and the Knicks 8th pick is not involved. Memphis would never take Currys contract. And Chandler is 21 so how he is not a young player dosnet make sence. If they were be able to trade curry they would be able to sign two contracts.

i wouldnt say never. memphis has done some stupid things. they practically gave away pau gasol.

Super.
06-09-2009, 06:11 PM
You won't get a #2 pick for just Rondo. If you had a later first and Rondo, maybe. To get a pick that high you need an all star calliber player. I would say the Celtics have the worst chance of the 3 teams mentioned, to get a deal done for the #2 pick. You mortgaged your future for Ray Allen and Garnett. No first round pick and no real good young players to trade.

Rondo virutally averaged a triple double, in the playoffs, and will be a future all-star.

with that said, who the hell would the Celtics take with the number 2?

Testaverde16
06-09-2009, 06:14 PM
this could be interesting, seems like memphis and rubio just aren't a match.

still just focusing on the finals though

Kabowdos
06-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Why are the Celtics rumored to be in all of these trades?

I don't think they will be in any of them. I don't see why they would mix up their team... they lost their best player in the playoffs. It would be different if the Celtics lost with KG, but with out him... why would they be thinking about getting rid of one of their four stars?

Kabowdos
06-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Rondo virutally averaged a triple double, in the playoffs, and will be a future all-star.

with that said, who the hell would the Celtics take with the number 2?

Agreed. Why would Boston mix up their team right now? I can them doing a few little things, but I liked what I saw from Baby and Perkins in the playoffs. Rondo and Ray Allen were awesome and HUGE in the playoffs. Pierce was off and did not play well. I think the age is hitting him first before KG and Allen. Allen will be fine for a couple years, KG has one or two solid years of basketball left. Pierce declined this past year.

juggla53
06-09-2009, 06:32 PM

Agreed the grizz have been said to be more interested in thabeet then rubio so i dont really understand why they would trade the pick for a PG, if they wanted a PG they should just take rubio, i also dont see how that makes sense for boston because they have an older team and waiting for an 18 year to develope might waste the rest of the careers of Kg, Ray, and PP

op12
06-09-2009, 06:34 PM
dont really see the celtics doing anything here. we were talking in the celtics forum if they could get gay out of it somehow then it would be ok, but would never happen.

jimbobjarree
06-09-2009, 06:42 PM
ok, I wasnt questioning what assets the Knicks have...for a team over the cap. But for a team like the Grizz with cap space they have nothing of value except the 8 pick. They can attempt to sign Lee and Nate if they wanted them. All their bad contracts run out in 2010 except 7 million of Jaric so they wouldnt need expirings, and those players wouldnt really fit in with their direction. The 8 is all you guys have that the Grizz would want. Which makes the chances of the Knicks getting the 2 pretty slim.