PDA

View Full Version : Best option for A.I.

madiaz3
06-09-2009, 02:26 PM
what exactly does a.i have to do to win a ring??
what team would he fit with best??

IMO if he goes back to the 76ers and concentrates on being a playmaker and the 2nd or 3rd option he would make them better because he would still put up numbers. they have scoring droughts in games where i think he could help them! plus he would knock down alot of open shots that A.Miller can't hit consistently!! they're already a good team, they have more talent now than they've ever had when he was there!

That's a big if. That's like T-Mac acknowledging that he would be best used on the Rockets as the third option or even off the bench, hell he would be the best third option on a team ever and the Rockets would probably win it all but T-Mac will likely continue to try and act as the 2 in the 1-2 punch of the Rockets. Adding "and concentrates on being a playmaker and the 2nd or 3rd option" is huge and not so simple to toss out there especially with players like AI.

But sure, he he would to do that he would be a tremendous asset to the 76ers.

DeadMemories
06-09-2009, 02:34 PM
The Bobcats, reunite with Larry Brown.

Chronz
06-09-2009, 02:38 PM
That's a big if. That's like T-Mac acknowledging that he would be best used on the Rockets as the third option or even off the bench, hell he would be the best third option on a team ever and the Rockets would probably win it all but T-Mac will likely continue to try and act as the 2 in the 1-2 punch of the Rockets. Adding "and concentrates on being a playmaker and the 2nd or 3rd option" is huge and not so simple to toss out there especially with players like AI.

But sure, he he would to do that he would be a tremendous asset to the 76ers.
Whered you get the Tmac comparison from, Tmac WANTS to be a distributor.

king4day
06-09-2009, 04:41 PM
I see him going to Charlotte.

1. He'll come cheap
2. While he's no longer at the 'elite player category' he used to be in, he's still a player the Cats could use to start drawing more fans.

Brown isn't afraid to bench him either in the case he isn't cooperating.

bahama0811
06-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Back to Philly for AI!!!

cstreid
06-09-2009, 05:12 PM
I don't know if AI sees himself as a number 2 or number 3 option. He is best with the ball in his hands... which has resulted in teams not necessarily being their best... with the ball in AI's hands.

Truly fun to watch for his entire career (save this year). But I really dont think he can get a ring, unless he is willing to take a bench role. He made it abundantly clear that he is not willing to do so.

papirico52
06-09-2009, 05:25 PM
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz back to philly i love him sooo much xD

ARMIN12NBA
06-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Best option for A.I.

To retire.

6deep
06-09-2009, 05:36 PM
cleveland.

mo
AI
LBJ
varejao
Big Z

PapelbonLester
06-09-2009, 05:58 PM
cleveland.

mo
AI
LBJ
varejao
Big Z

Put him in Clevland with Mo and Lebron and omfg look out. As one of A.I.s biggest fans i wish the best for him

cmellofan15
06-09-2009, 06:00 PM
To retire.

Exactly!

DitchDat
06-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Put him in Clevland with Mo and Lebron and omfg look out. As one of A.I.s biggest fans i wish the best for him

wow that would be the worst backcourt, defensively, in the league.

IndyRealist
06-09-2009, 07:06 PM
worst defensive backcout and STILL no distributor.

PhillyBoomerang
06-09-2009, 07:13 PM
a contender

TopsyTurvy
06-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Best option for AI is to accept that he won't get starter minutes, become a role player, and buy himself a comfortable pad to sit on whilst on the bench.

Team wise he really has no specific fit because his ability to be an impact vet off the bench remains to be seen due to whining.

zamudio_jorge
06-09-2009, 07:59 PM
if one team want AI to be useful they need a big PG who can guard de SG and one (AI sucks because the team needs adapt to him).

so if you can see there not many options because he cant play in detroit with stuckey.
the only guy left going to my mind is kidd if he resigns with mavs:

pg kidd
sg iverson
sf howard
pf nowitzki
c dampier

they could be contenders

or play in team like warriors where they dont care about defense or kings everyone is better than udrih.

td0tsfinest
06-09-2009, 08:07 PM
playmaker? thats like asking Iverson to practise

His best option to win a championship was with Detroit, but he screwed it up.

Maybe he should go to cleveland (sign the veteran mle), they really need a scorer that can create for himself.

Hotone1401
06-09-2009, 08:17 PM
His best option is to retire.

Hotone1401
06-09-2009, 08:20 PM
playmaker? thats like asking Iverson to practise

His best option to win a championship was with Detroit, but he screwed it up.

Maybe he should go to cleveland (sign the veteran mle), they really need a scorer that can create for himself.

Yes and no. AI would really ruin everything Cleveland has going on now. Cleveland needs a bigger 2 guard or small forward that can play along side Lebron. Someone who can defend, rebound, and make shots. This way Lebron doesn't have to do everything. I knew Mo Williams wouldn't put them over the top but it was nice to see during the regular season. Having another post presence could also help the team that is unless Lebron starts developing that part of his game.

avsman05
06-09-2009, 08:27 PM
AI's best option if he wants to start and be on a contender is Dallas. I doubt that happens though i can see him in Charlotte or NYK thats it.

IversonIsKrazy
06-09-2009, 08:41 PM
To be contenders, maybe Mavs. Sixers would be a really good team as well, they would actually be good at the half-court game.

PG: AI/Lou
SG: Iggy/Kapono
SF: Thad/Ivey
PF: Brand/?
C: Dalembert/?

BkOriginalOne
06-09-2009, 09:05 PM
1. Charlotte. He can play alongside LB and start the game with Bell at the 2.
Brown could also use someone to jack up 20-25 shots a game at 45%.

2. Orlando. They could use a scorer (someone who can get off their own shot and get to the line)

3. Bench for Spurs or Boston.

Basically wherever he goes he HAS to play with a backcourt mate who can defend the 1 and the 2 and shoot the 3! They also have to be a good defensive team and have a lost post presence so that AI doesn't have to be the 1st option (3rd opt is best for him at this point)

cmellofan15
06-09-2009, 09:52 PM
To be contenders, maybe Mavs. Sixers would be a really good team as well, they would actually be good at the half-court game.

PG: AI/Lou
SG: Iggy/Kapono
SF: Thad/Ivey
PF: Brand/?
C: Dalembert/?

I'm sure Philly would rather have Miller.

HouRealCoach
06-10-2009, 01:25 AM
The best option for him is Houston.... ONLY IF HE ACCEPTS COMING OFF THE BENCH

CELTICS4LYFE
06-10-2009, 09:58 AM
coming off the bench in boston would get him a ring!!! thats what we need a scorer off the bench

mrblisterdundee
06-10-2009, 07:50 PM
He would fit best on either the 76ers or the Bobcats. Just about everybody understands that by now.

LeonFSU
06-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Dallas, if they also get Shaq

Trinity_man817
06-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Miami heat!!!!

blacknell
06-10-2009, 08:44 PM
dallas

S-Dot
06-10-2009, 08:58 PM
His best option is to retire.

This thread needs to retire too..i hope to see him in PHILLY again though; he works with eddie jordan

Bubba313
06-10-2009, 09:02 PM
definitely needs to retire

ivylleague1'
06-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Allen Iverson!!!!! 3rd in scoring in the NBA playing with Melo (4th in scoring) top 10 in assists, and top top 10 in steals and first in minutes just a year ago, strong and energetic will not come cheap or off the bench because he is the best !!! Detroit's debacle should not and must not be used to evaluate his performance for obvious reasons. Only Lebron James matched the above record. He wants to win a championship but it is not a sine qua non.

Iverson is a #1 pick, 4 times NBA scoring champion, holds the NBA's record and the world record in # of steals in a playoff game, Rookie of the year (better than Ray Allen, Kobe, Marburry, Nash and all rookies drafted with him), Super skilled player and he has not lost any step. AI must be AI and Larry Brown wants him!!!!!!!!!

BOSSKOJIE
06-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Calderon iverson marion bosh bargnani

broncofangene
06-10-2009, 09:19 PM
AND1 if that crap is still around. This guy ruins teams chemistry, I wouldn't touch him for the league minimum. Unless you have a problem selling tickets and don't care about your young players getting better. Retire Allen, the NBA is a TEAM game

baktalk
06-10-2009, 09:24 PM
AND1 if that crap is still around. This guy ruins teams chemistry, I wouldn't touch him for the league minimum. Unless you have a problem selling tickets and don't care about your young players getting better. Retire Allen, the NBA is a TEAM game

Asking a guy who can score 30 on any given night to retire is laughable.

DenButsu
06-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Detroit's debacle should not and must not be used to evaluate his performance for obvious reasons.

The only "obvious" reason to ignore his Detroit numbers is that your infatuation with AI has blinded you to the fact that he is indeed slipping.

he has not lost any step.

The numbers don't lie, and the writing is on the wall for which way things are going:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/7259/aip36trends.png

he is the best !!!

If he ever was (and most would say he wasn't), he certainly isn't anymore.

I like Iverson a lot, and I wish the best for him next season, but the unfortunate reality of aging has caught up with his game, and there's no way he'll be able to demand a huge salary or even to start (although he'll probably find a team where he can be the starter). His game is reliant on speed and quickness, and he just can't maintain at the same level he used to.

SpeedyRecovery
06-10-2009, 10:21 PM
calderon iverson marion bosh bargnani

hell ya!!!!

raptors_fanatic
06-10-2009, 10:34 PM
hell ya!!!!

YES! only one guy (marion) run back for defence...the other 4, all offense! Let's go boys!!! :rolleyes:

Diggy_2
06-10-2009, 10:53 PM
coming off the bench in Houston

pippsux
06-11-2009, 02:12 AM
Take a year off.

J-Relo
06-11-2009, 02:37 AM
The only "obvious" reason to ignore his Detroit numbers is that your infatuation with AI has blinded you to the fact that he is indeed slipping.

The numbers don't lie, and the writing is on the wall for which way things are going:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/7259/aip36trends.png

If he ever was (and most would say he wasn't), he certainly isn't anymore.

I like Iverson a lot, and I wish the best for him next season, but the unfortunate reality of aging has caught up with his game, and there's no way he'll be able to demand a huge salary or even to start (although he'll probably find a team where he can be the starter). His game is reliant on speed and quickness, and he just can't maintain at the same level he used to.

but 08/09 season isn't showing off him as best as he could...

DenButsu
06-11-2009, 03:44 AM
but 08/09 season isn't showing off him as best as he could...

Why not? In the 55 games he played for Detroit this season, he averaged 36.46
minutes, which is not his usual 40+ but is still right on the money for any starting player in the league (Tony Parker, for example, who also shared guard duties with another starter caliber guard, also averaged 36 minutes).

Next season will be the proof in the pudding, but I'll feel comfortable right now predicting that it will take AI 40 mpg to put up 20+ ppg and 6+ apg, and if he's even able to accomplish that, he'll do so with terrible inefficiency, matching the sub .415 shooting of some of the worst seasons of his career.

And I'll be flat out shocked if he makes a penny over $10 million. I'm betting he'd take significantly less than that if he could sign to a 3- or 4- year deal (which imho any team would be crazy to do anyways). He's not finished, but he's not the player he used to be. His game is completely dependent on speed, quickness and a type of physicality that his aging, beat up body just simply cannot deliver anymore. It's sad to see, but all great athletes reach a point where they fade. We're watching him transition into that phase before our eyes.

MegaFauna
06-11-2009, 04:09 AM
he needs to stop being a baby and except a lessor role, most likely a 6th man role somewhere. I can't see any team really succeeding with him as a starter, but I think he could be extremely useful off the bench. He should be grateful that he was blessed with the talent and athleticism he has had to do so well for so long in the NBA. Ungrateful bastards like him piss me off, and he used to be one of my favorite players, but seriously have some class.

ARMIN12NBA
06-11-2009, 04:28 AM
he needs to stop being a baby and except a lessor role, most likely a 6th man role somewhere. I can't see any team really succeeding with him as a starter, but I think he could be extremely useful off the bench. He should be grateful that he was blessed with the talent and athleticism he has had to do so well for so long in the NBA. Ungrateful bastards like him piss me off, and he used to be one of my favorite players, but seriously have some class.

Can Iverson thrive in a 6th man role? His game is predicated on dominating the ball and taking a ton of shots to get in rhythm, if he ever gets into rhythm during a ball game at all. Iverson playing 15-20 minutes a game would be a huge negative to a squad both on the court as well as his pouting off the court. The dilemma also comes in the fact that Iverson is not good enough anymore to play big minutes and produce efficiently on either end.

I truly do think it is time for Iverson to retire. If a team tries to sign him, then he should go for the money, but that would be a stupid move by the GM of whatever squad decided he should play for them.

jhobbins30
06-11-2009, 09:24 AM
cleveland.

mo
AI
LBJ
varejao
Big Z

that would be a pretty small back court

jhobbins30
06-11-2009, 09:26 AM
his best option would be to enter his name in the supplemental NFL draft