PDA

View Full Version : Do The Bobcats Want To Trade Up For Steph Curry??

JakeDelbreezy
06-09-2009, 09:39 AM
What do you guys think?

Davidson star guard Stephen Curry, who has been quite open about his interest in becoming a Knick, has seen his stock rise to the point that he could wind up being taken by a team that trades up to a spot ahead of the Knicks. The Portland Trail Blazers and Charlotte Bobcats are said to be enamored of what Curry can bring at the NBA level.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bobcats/story/770887.html

op12
06-09-2009, 12:21 PM
meh. would rather have a true sg or a big in my opinion. felton, curry backcourt is too small even though felton can guard sgs. we already run the dj, felton backcourt, need a real sg.

NBA_Starter
06-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Do The Bobcats Want To Trade Up For Steph Curry??

No thanks, I'd only trade up for Evans or Derozan.

masalex1205
06-09-2009, 02:11 PM
yeah i think that they're are other guys we'd be more interested w/ at 8. Plus the Knicks should take him, he's perfect for their system.

BUT apparently his performance at the combines, etc. have put his stock through the roof, even heard whispers that he could go as high as three. He might not be there at 8.

black1605
06-09-2009, 02:15 PM
i am pretty torn on this...on the one hand, i agree we need a true SG who is big enough to play the part

on the other hand, we aren't at the workouts, and Curry is blowing people away every time he works out. it wouldn't be awful to trade Felton and the 12 to the Warriors for Crawford and the 7

Augustin/Curry
Bell/Crawford
Wallace/Martin/2nd round pick
Diaw/Vlad/Ajinca
Oak/Diop/Mohammad

maybe try and deal both 2nds and Mohammad for a late first to sure up the 3

i would even go as far as trying to add Oak and a future 1st if they would throw in Biedrens, but thats very doubtful

DJ
Bell
Wallace
Diaw
Biedrins

that could be a great starting 5

UNCChawk
06-11-2009, 12:52 AM
Curry is perfect for a number of systems, D'antoni's included. He is, however, horrible for ours. I've heard Brown talk about how he'll take "the best player, regardless of position," but I can't imagine how he'd work Curry into our current roster. And I don't see him totally reconstructing this team either, not after he hasn't had a full year to work with them (especially since it was clear that was he was doing WAS working before Raja went down).

Also, Davidson sucks. So hopefully he'll keep that in mind. :)

masalex1205
06-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Curry is perfect for a number of systems, D'antoni's included. He is, however, horrible for ours. I've heard Brown talk about how he'll take "the best player, regardless of position," but I can't imagine how he'd work Curry into our current roster. And I don't see him totally reconstructing this team either, not after he hasn't had a full year to work with them (especially since it was clear that was he was doing WAS working before Raja went down).

Also, Davidson sucks. So hopefully he'll keep that in mind. :)

Davidson def. doesn't "suck" they went to the elite eight a couple of years ago and were decent. You've got to remember they are in the Southern Conference w/ schools like Charleston and Elon, they're really overachieving right now.

homestarunner93
06-14-2009, 01:18 AM
:suicide:

Curry won't ever be better than a Raja Bell type player, except with better ball handling and worse defense.

raptor fan
06-16-2009, 07:59 PM
No thanks, I'd only trade up for Evans or Derozan.

well, if u guys want derozan, he's probably going to be available at 9, so do u think this deal would be a good one for both teams?:

#9 + Marcus Banks for #12 + Raja Bell?

Chateamsfan
06-16-2009, 10:10 PM
Im getting very high on terrence williams of Louisville.

Tymathee
06-23-2009, 03:24 AM
i can't see him the type of player the coach would wnat though so meh.

even though he made AI work and curry is basically an AI clone so maybe, why the heck not, they need an explosive scorer.

masalex1205
06-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Curry is def. not an AI Clone, they are different players although both are explosive scorers. AI is much more athletic than Curry and Curry has a few inches on AI. Iverson is really a severely undersized SG while Curry can play both positions.

NBA_Starter
06-23-2009, 09:21 PM
well, if u guys want derozan, he's probably going to be available at 9, so do u think this deal would be a good one for both teams?:

#9 + Marcus Banks for #12 + Raja Bell?

I would probably do that!

Kouki_Monstah
06-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Im getting very high on terrence williams of Louisville.

So is the Bobcats from what I read. Supposedly, if hes there at 12... hes going to be a Bobcat.

I wouldn't mind him in a Bulls jersey, but since the Bobcats are my closest team, and I always go to the Bulls/Bobcats games... I guess Williams will be okay on the Cats. ;)