PDA

View Full Version : On the Move?

Salzyballerz
06-08-2009, 08:48 PM
The trade deadline is approaching in about a month and a half. A few people may be on the move like Matt Cain, and Jake Peavy. Which one will most likely be traded and to which team? Anyone else that could be on the move and to where?

cheerio
06-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Out of the tow you listed, I think it will be Peavy, just not sure who can offer what he wants

bahama0811
06-08-2009, 10:31 PM
I think Brad Hawpe will be traded but I'm not so sure where. There are quite a few teams looking for power LH hitters.

brandonwarne52
06-08-2009, 10:32 PM
I don't believe Cain goes anywhere.

koldjerky
06-08-2009, 10:36 PM
I believe there will be a blockbuster BEFORE the deadline.

brandonwarne52
06-08-2009, 10:37 PM
I hope there isn't one after.

Akagaminosteven
06-08-2009, 10:38 PM
You can never really figure out Sabean, but trading away Cain would be a step back for the Giants unless they can get an impact guy in return.

koldjerky
06-08-2009, 10:48 PM
I hope there isn't one after.

I'm talking like early July or close to the end of this month, not like a week before the deadline or right at the deadline. That's what I mean.

brandonwarne52
06-08-2009, 10:50 PM
I kid. But I am that guy.

koldjerky
06-08-2009, 10:57 PM
douche, in jest.

Pinstripe pride
06-09-2009, 09:58 AM
i think roy oswalt is going to the phillies

LeoGetz
06-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Pavano or Penny to the Phillies

Wood to the Yankees

Tejada to Giants (not for Cain or Sanchez, so untwist those panties ladies)

follettsays
06-09-2009, 10:31 AM

Does Carrasco, Savery, Mayberry Jr. Donald to Houston for Oswolt and some RH bat off bench constitute a blockbuster?

Or to Arz for Webb and bench man or SD for Peavy?

06-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Yankees will get Street or Chad Qualls.

mavwar53
06-09-2009, 10:36 AM
adrian gonzalez should be traded, the padres are going to rebuild that is obvious and his value will never be higher so now is the time to get some great young prospects out of him and peavy.

JOSKOMANG4
06-09-2009, 11:02 AM
1. Oswalt- Will be a Philly.

Astros acquire 3 minor league prospects including IF Jason Donald.

2. Peavy- Cubs

3 way deal that will include Carlos Zambrano going to the white sox, and the Padres getting 4-5 players in the deal(Won't say any names b/c douchebags on this website tend to make **** comments).

3. Tejada- Reds

The Astros fire sale began with Oswalt and it also will include Tejada, who will be dealted to the reds in exchange for 2-3 minor league players including 3b Adam Rosales. Deal will happen only if Tejada agrees to play 3b.

4. Holliday - SF Giants.

Will remain by the bay. Giants are in need of an outfield bat and the Oakland Athletics have the talent to trade for Holliday. The deal will include four players possibly including SP Jonathon Sanchez or SP Matt Cain.

5. JJ Hardy- Red sox

The Red sox and brewers will pull off a deal that will bring the young shortstop to beam town. Projected Deal: Red sox acquire JJ hardy from Brewers in exchange for for SS Jed Lowrie and SP Clay Buckholz. People may disagree but this honestly is a fair deal. Brewers acquire a young talented pitcher and a young infield who can be a key utility guy. Red sox acquire a talented every day short stop.

6. Julio Lugo- Tigers

With the red sox acquiring JJ Hardy, it is time to relinquish Julio Lugo, whom has been a an below-average player but has definitely not lived up to his contract that boston gave him. The deal will be for 1-2 low tier prospects. Win for the Tigers b/c most likely the red sox will eat up some of his contract.

7. Dan Uggla- Angels

Angels will always be a contender in the weak AL West. Angels are in need a of power bat. With frequent injuries to Vlad and the aging of Abreu, the best power hitter has been CF Torri hunter. Marlins would love to grab Brandon Wood from the Marlins. Wood has a ton of talent but hasnt been able to crack the lineup of the angels. With the move, Wood would play 3b and Bonafacio will move to 2nd.

Trade- Angels acquire Dan Uggla in exchange for IF Brandon wood and mid-tier pitch prospect.

LeoGetz
06-09-2009, 11:11 AM
1. Oswalt- Will be a Philly.

Astros acquire 3 minor league prospects including IF Jason Donald.

2. Peavy- Cubs

3 way deal that will include Carlos Zambrano going to the white sox, and the Padres getting 4-5 players in the deal(Won't say any names b/c douchebags on this website tend to make **** comments).

3. Tejada- Reds

The Astros fire sale began with Oswalt and it also will include Tejada, who will be dealted to the reds in exchange for 2-3 minor league players including 3b Adam Rosales. Deal will happen only if Tejada agrees to play 3b.

4. Holliday - SF Giants.

Will remain by the bay. Giants are in need of an outfield bat and the Oakland Athletics have the talent to trade for Holliday. The deal will include four players possibly including SP Jonathon Sanchez or SP Matt Cain.

5. JJ Hardy- Red sox

The Red sox and brewers will pull off a deal that will bring the young shortstop to beam town. Projected Deal: Red sox acquire JJ hardy from Brewers in exchange for for SS Jed Lowrie and SP Clay Buckholz. People may disagree but this honestly is a fair deal. Brewers acquire a young talented pitcher and a young infield who can be a key utility guy. Red sox acquire a talented every day short stop.

6. Julio Lugo- Tigers

With the red sox acquiring JJ Hardy, it is time to relinquish Julio Lugo, whom has been a an below-average player but has definitely not lived up to his contract that boston gave him. The deal will be for 1-2 low tier prospects. Win for the Tigers b/c most likely the red sox will eat up some of his contract.

7. Dan Uggla- Angels

Angels will always be a contender in the weak AL West. Angels are in need a of power bat. With frequent injuries to Vlad and the aging of Abreu, the best power hitter has been CF Torri hunter. Marlins would love to grab Brandon Wood from the Marlins. Wood has a ton of talent but hasnt been able to crack the lineup of the angels. With the move, Wood would play 3b and Bonafacio will move to 2nd.

Trade- Angels acquire Dan Uggla in exchange for IF Brandon wood and mid-tier pitch prospect.

Do you have a blog or some other way I could keep up with this rumors/ideas you post? Better yet are you on twitter?

chadtx01
06-09-2009, 11:13 AM

I dont think Oswalt will waive his no trade clause to go to Philla. He's not a fan of the north, northeast. He already shot down Chicago.

I honestly dont see Drayton moving Oswalt. The city loves Roy too much and Drayton doesnt want to see a repeat of the backlash there was when the Astros let Nolan sign with the Rangers.

JOSKOMANG4
06-09-2009, 11:40 AM
What about Oswalt to the Rangers?

Rangers have a boat-load of young talent.

The deal would probably have to be 3-4 of their young talent.. but hey it can be done.

Projected deal:

- rangers acquire SP Oswalt

- Astros acquire 3 mid-level minor league prospects.

Jose Vallejo, 2B, Grade C+: Speedster added some pop this year, good glove at second.

Derek Holland, LHP, Grade B+: Hes great, but I worry that sometimes a step backward can follow such a breakout. Can he maintain late-season velocity?

Eric Hurley, RHP, Grade C+: Worried about health here. I held onto him too long as a higher-ranked prospect, but could do better with a change of scenery.

Pinstripe pride
06-09-2009, 11:48 AM
What about Oswalt to the Rangers?

The deal would probably have to be 3-4 of their young talent.. but hey it can be done.

Projected deal:

Jose Vallejo, 2B, Grade C+: Speedster added some pop this year, good glove at second.

Derek Holland, LHP, Grade B+: Hes great, but I worry that sometimes a step backward can follow such a breakout. Can he maintain late-season velocity?

Eric Hurley, RHP, Grade C+: Worried about health here. I held onto him too long as a higher-ranked prospect, but could do better with a change of scenery.

very interesting. Never even crossed my mind, but oswalt to the rangers would be great for the rangers.

chadtx01
06-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Oswalt to the Rangers is alot more likely than anywhere up north.

I still dont see the Astros moving him, he's one of the two players that Drayton wants to see retire an Astros. Like I said, its possible, but I dont personally see it happening. Anybody on the roster aside from Oswalt and Berkman is probably on the block though.

Young2Kinsler
06-09-2009, 12:03 PM
I think Oswalt make sense for Texas, but I'm not sure this front office will deal Holland 2 months into his career. Maybe a Poveda or Kiker instead.

bones
06-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Not too sure about Lugo to the tigers. They already have a 2 shortstops who are better than lugo. Everett has been ok and Santiago has been great for them when they needed him.

laboy09
06-09-2009, 12:41 PM
I would like to see Beltre back in a Dodgers uniform. But i dont who the Dodgers would give up for him.

Any ideas?

REGular
06-09-2009, 12:44 PM
I can see Valverde, Beltre, & Dan Uggla being moved by the dead line.

x the game x
06-09-2009, 02:01 PM
one of the hottest hitters in baseball right now luke scott will be moved,his value is high and he doesnt like dhing for the o's so hes a goner same with huff and prolly sherrill

beantownboy
06-09-2009, 02:31 PM
i dont see oswalt going to the rangers. i doubt he'll want to leave the national league. i dont see the redsox giving up buccholz and lowrie for jj hardy. yeah hes had one good year but so did khalil greene. i would like to see matt holliday in a giants uni.

long ball
06-09-2009, 02:46 PM
i dont see oswalt going to the rangers. i doubt he'll want to leave the national league. i dont see the redsox giving up buccholz and lowrie for jj hardy. yeah hes had one good year but so did khalil greene. i would like to see matt holliday in a giants uni.

That deal would be heavy in the the Brewers favor, but why do Red Sox fans think Hardy has had "one good season"? He has had 2 equally impressive seasons back to back.

TEXASTITAN
06-09-2009, 02:58 PM
[QUOTE=JOSKOMANG4;9732663]What about Oswalt to the Rangers?

Projected deal:

Eric Hurley, RHP, Grade C+: Worried about health here. I held onto him too long as a higher-ranked prospect, but could do better with a change of scenery.[/QU

Im tired of the ranger fans wanting oswalt for ''mid level prospects'' He's been one of the most productive and reliable starters for the last 5 years and thats a small list that includes sabathia,oswalt,halladay,webb,peavy just to name a few. This guy has almost won 20 games like 3 times an i believe 2 of those times he fell one win short. He could have a ring and a few cy young awards if he had been with a better run prodoucing club for his career and he's still got 131 wins even though he's lacked run support for most of his career. And all this being said he has his first real down year and everyone wants him for cheap and it's not going to happen. Since this is his first real down year and he's more likley to turn it around with a different team he won't be cheap. And he shouldn't be he's still an A level pitcher and lowballing houston won't get him to your favorite team. He's going to take 2 top prospects and 2 mid level prospects depending on who the players are and what team he goes to. Look at what seattle gave up for erik bedard to baltimore and he's got nowhere near the accolades as oswalt. I personally believe assuming he waives his no trade clause that he ends up in atlanta but he could also go to philly or boston

mnrlgry
06-09-2009, 04:01 PM
^^ I agree, Oswalt for mid level talent?! Oswalt is a stud who doesn't get enough credit obviously. The Astros would be looking for a blue chip prospect to trade him away

pf289
06-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Get Rollins outta Philly, we need a SP

brandonwarne52
06-09-2009, 04:17 PM
So sell low on a great shortstop? Good call.

Salzyballerz
06-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Do people think that Matt Holliday will be sent out of Oakland already?

x the game x
06-14-2009, 02:54 PM
^its his contract year i think,oakland knew he was only a rental

todu82
06-14-2009, 03:02 PM
I'd love to see the Red Sox get another bat, someone mentioned Adrian Gonzalez earlier. He'd look good in a Red Sox uniform.

PhillyBoomerang
06-15-2009, 12:19 AM
i think this will be a year with a lot of pitchers being dealt.. i could also see Matt Holiday and other 1 yr rental players get dealt to title contenders

koldjerky
06-15-2009, 12:29 AM
I'd love to see the Red Sox get another bat, someone mentioned Adrian Gonzalez earlier. He'd look good in a Red Sox uniform.

My dick would also look good in Kate Beckinsale's vagina but it doesn't means it's going to happen.

The guy is signed for cheap cheap into 2011

CAIN=FUTURE
06-15-2009, 12:32 AM
I would like to see Beltre back in a Dodgers uniform. But i dont who the Dodgers would give up for him.

Any ideas?

That would make 0 sense due to that **** Casey Blake.

pf289
06-15-2009, 12:34 AM
So sell low on a great shortstop? Good call.

Im saying a change of scenery would be good. Hes a proven talent but playing like ****. They need a ****ing starter. So why not?

koldjerky
06-15-2009, 12:39 AM
Jimmy is most likely more valuable than anything they could net in return. It's dumb for the Phillies because they have no one to replace him then.
not many playoff teams are going to trade one of their starters.

pf289
06-15-2009, 12:47 AM
Yeah but a losing team might. I was thinking the Cubs. They need practically all their infield. They also have some nice starters.

jpt912f
06-15-2009, 01:13 AM
My dick would also look good in Kate Beckinsale's vagina but it doesn't means it's going to happen.

The guy is signed for cheap cheap into 2011

:laugh2:
what a great f'n analogy

koldjerky
06-15-2009, 08:23 AM
Yeah but a losing team might. I was thinking the Cubs. They need practically all their infield. They also have some nice starters.

You're not going to have a team like the Cubs (who shouldn't and won't think they are out of it till September) won't throw a good starter Philly's way if they look to contend. Jroll is not getting moved this season.

Hockeytown
06-15-2009, 01:05 PM
6. Julio Lugo- Tigers

No way in hell this happens. SS has been one of the strongest positions for the Tigers this year. Both of our SS are better than Lugo.

pf289
06-15-2009, 01:22 PM
You're not going to have a team like the Cubs (who shouldn't and won't think they are out of it till September) won't throw a good starter Philly's way if they look to contend. Jroll is not getting moved this season.

You dont think any other teams would work? He is the only piece i can see the phils moving to get a starter an they ****ing need one.

Cullksinikers
06-15-2009, 01:35 PM
I for one would love Jimmy Rollins on the Cubs.

To PHI: Theriot or Fontenot, Sean Marshall or Randy Wells, and Andres Blanco

To CHC: Rollins

I know Philadelphia needs a starter, but we're not giving up Zambrano, Dempster, Harden Lilly, and both Wells and Marshall.

Pinstripe pride
06-15-2009, 01:40 PM
are the phillies really thinking of trading rollins?

koldjerky
06-15-2009, 02:14 PM
You dont think any other teams would work? He is the only piece i can see the phils moving to get a starter an they ****ing need one.

It's called prospects. They aren't going to trade Jimmy Rollins for anyone.

are the phillies really thinking of trading rollins?

No.

pf289
06-15-2009, 02:58 PM
They dont have any prospects that would part with that would land a legitimate starter.

koldjerky
06-15-2009, 03:06 PM
They dont have any prospects that would part with that would land a legitimate starter.

Yes, they do. It's a matter of wanting to give them up. jimmy Rollins is going nowhere. The Phillies have no depth in the SS department is just another reason to add why he won't be moved.