PDA

View Full Version : Ahmad Rashad, C-Webb, and GP: If Magic win Game 3, then all the momentum is with them

ARMIN12NBA
06-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Ahmad Rashad, C-Webb, and GP agreed that if Magic win Game 3, then all the momentum is going to them and the series switches.

Ummm...Is anybody on board with me in thinking that this is completely stupid? If the Magic win Game 3, then the Lakers will still be up 2-1 and have two more chances at being able to go back to Staples with a 3-2 lead. I really don't see what they are saying.

AllTheWay
06-08-2009, 08:39 PM
They will get some momentum, but the Laker still have a huge advantage.....

baktalk
06-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Doesn't seem likely the Magic will even win this game. C'mon, lets face it, they are a dejected bunc.

JordansBulls
06-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Well the Magic have no momentum now so with a win they will get a lot.

Brooke
06-08-2009, 08:44 PM
they might have some mometum BUT all the momentum? I dont think so

heyman321
06-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Don't particularly like the Lakers, but I have a feeling they are going to sweep . Magic are just too inexperienced in the finals, wheras Lakers have Finals experience from last year as well as Kobe and Fisher's from the threepeat and in 04.

still1ballin
06-08-2009, 08:47 PM
The only momentum Magic can have is if they win all three games at home. Lakers have three chances to get one at Orlando. Even if Lakers lose game 3, they can fix their problems and get the win at game 4. Lakers always come out hungry after a loss. They are an experience team and have won in many hostile arenas countless times.

lakers4sho
06-09-2009, 12:28 AM
The only momentum Magic can have is if they win all three games at home. Lakers have three chances to get one at Orlando. Even if Lakers lose game 3, they can fix their problems and get the win at game 4. Lakers always come out hungry after a loss. They are an experience team and have won in many hostile arenas countless times.

amen brotha

Storch
06-09-2009, 12:54 AM
Lakers are the best road team in the NBA.

eBayGEEK
06-09-2009, 01:07 AM
Yeah , OK

What is magic win all 3 ... why is everyone forget that can really happen, they win all 3 at home ... that would mean lakers at a disadvatange even at home .... They would have to win both, when magic only need one.

MAGIC in 6

lakers4sho
06-09-2009, 01:14 AM
Yeah , OK

What is magic win all 3 ... why is everyone forget that can really happen, they win all 3 at home ... that would mean lakers at a disadvatange even at home .... They would have to win both, when magic only need one.

MAGIC in 6

It can happen...but will it happen?

i.got.the.nutz
06-09-2009, 01:16 AM
yeah ok and if lakers win game 3 the Orlando will even have more momentum.

Lakerfrk
06-09-2009, 01:22 AM
Yeah , OK

MAGIC in 6

Well, you're right.. If the Magic win 3 in a row, then they will have the advantage.....

tell me...

you think Kobe Bryant is going to let the Lakers lose 3 in a row?... or by your prediction, 4 in a row?

shas
06-09-2009, 01:51 AM
Yeah , OK

MAGIC in 6

yeah ok, ur a joke if u think kobe etc will give away 4 straight games.

mrblisterdundee
06-09-2009, 02:01 AM
Nothing changes the fact that Orlando has to win in Los Angeles. They have to win all three games at home to even have any chance. Ahmad Rashad, Chris Webber, and Gary Payton are all wrong. If the Magic win three in a row in Orlando, then the momentum is with them. Those are all very unlikely scenarios.

Lakersfan2483
06-09-2009, 02:43 AM
Ahmad Rashad, C-Webb, and GP agreed that if Magic win Game 3, then all the momentum is going to them and the series switches.

Ummm...Is anybody on board with me in thinking that this is completely stupid? If the Magic win Game 3, then the Lakers will still be up 2-1 and have two more chances at being able to go back to Staples with a 3-2 lead. I really don't see what they are saying.

If the Magic win tomorrow, the momentum is definitely not all the way on their side, LA would still be up in the series, making game 4 pivotal for both teams. In no way would I say Orlando has all of the momentum because of one win.

LA412
06-09-2009, 04:29 AM
the magic play well at home........if they get the win in game 3 which i think is probable, i believe they will get some much needed confidence........anything can happen

lakers4sho
06-09-2009, 12:10 PM
momentum =/= confidence

azkarraga
06-09-2009, 12:24 PM
look at the other scenario, lakers win game three... i think magic needs a bit more than just momentum right now.

and one thing is sure. for magic this is must win. not so much for the lakers...

laboy09
06-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Really they said that. Now the magics had Game 2 won so say that happen and magics won game 3 now thats mommentum. But that didnt happen so if magics do win all they did was put up a W for game 3. Lakers are too much experienced for the magics. Kobe and Fisher are to much for one experienced guy named Rashard Lewis.

Think Magics are thinking about the trade a few years ago when Brian cook and Maurice Evans was traded there for Trevor Ariza.

JordansBulls
06-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Let's see how true this is now that the Magic won game 3.

ARMIN12NBA
06-11-2009, 04:54 AM
Let's see how true this is now that the Magic won game 3.

I don't think they have gained all the momentum from Game 3. The Lakers are still up 2-1 and have the advantage.

TheBlackHole
06-11-2009, 08:56 AM
I definitely don't think Orlando gained all the momentum just from one game. I'm sure they feel good for winning, but the series is far from over. They still have to go 4-1 against L.A. in the remaining games, that's a very very tough task.

Nighthawk
06-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Face it.. Magic Role players play like stars in there home building. Where was Alston or M.P in L.A? I think Magic can take all 3 at home an go back 3-2. The thing is im not so sure they could close out.

DrDEADalready
06-11-2009, 12:11 PM

I believe what they are saying is the Lakers will lose the series. since now magic have won game three. and have the confidence to know they can beat the lakers. So why don't we just hand the magic the trophy since it's going to go to them anyways.

IndyRealist
06-11-2009, 12:56 PM
I believe what they are saying is the Lakers will lose the series. since now magic have won game three. and have the confidence to know they can beat the lakers. So why don't we just hand the magic the trophy since it's going to go to them anyways.

What they're saying is, "Don't stop watching just because Orlando's getting whupped, we need the ratings."

Seriously though, the Magic just barely lost game two and won game three with Dwight a non-factor. If Howard ever gets it going, they really will have the momentum. Most of what cost them game 1 was nerves, they've never been to the big show before and their shooters live and die on their confidence level.

Iron24th
06-11-2009, 01:15 PM
they might have some mometum BUT all the momentum? I dont think so

Yes I don't understand too, GP has became dumb since he joined ESPN crew,that's probably the ESPN (hollinger) effect.