PDA

View Full Version : Miami hoping to get Jason Kidd for the MLE.

JordansBulls
06-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Source: MiamiHerald (http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/columnists/barry-jackson/story/1085290.html)

The Heat are knocking on the door of the luxury tax threshold, so the mid-level exception is their only real option this summer.

The mid-level exception, worth roughly $5 million, is all they'd be able to offer a difference-maker.

Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald wrote about the possibility of Jason Kidd agreeing to such a deal on Monday.

dolfan720
06-08-2009, 08:06 PM
he would be awesome in miami

what54!?
06-08-2009, 08:14 PM
I like it. Wade finally has another playmaker next to him since J-will and all he has to do is shoot threes (like he does now) Plus he would be an excellent mentor to chamlers

dtmagnet
06-08-2009, 08:23 PM
I bet they could make a serious run at it if he signs with them.

still1ballin
06-08-2009, 08:27 PM
I was hoping he would come to the Lakers for the MLE. I doubt he would go to the Heat. Kidd is looking to go to a championship contending team and Kidd and Kobe are real close too. Heat are in no race of winning a championship and Kidd's window is closing fast.

what54!?
06-08-2009, 08:28 PM
I was hoping he would come to the Lakers for the MLE. I doubt he would go to the Heat. Kidd is looking to go to a championship contending team and Kidd and Kobe are real close too. Heat are in no race of winning a championship and Kidd's window is closing fast.
way to burst my bubble....

still1ballin
06-08-2009, 08:30 PM
way to burst my bubble....

:p

KB24PG16
06-08-2009, 08:33 PM

we gotta sign odom and ariza 1st

heyman321
06-08-2009, 08:33 PM
I acutally agree. If the Lakers get Kidd for the MLE, it would be a real upgrade over D-Fish, and I'd say they'd have a real good chance of winning the title back to back or maybe even a threepeat.

still1ballin
06-08-2009, 08:35 PM
we gotta sign odom and ariza 1st

absolutely!

Raps18-19 Champ
06-08-2009, 08:43 PM
I would still think the Cavs have a better chance of signing Kidd before the Heat.

JRisdabest
06-08-2009, 08:46 PM
hes goin to the cavs

dodie53
06-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Kidd will sign with a contender
(cavs, lakers, celtics, spurs)

dee279
06-08-2009, 08:48 PM
I would love the heat to get him but he really cant shoot. But i want him for a mentor for Chalmers.

Lizard King
06-08-2009, 08:50 PM

Yeah, and they'll move Tony Parker to SG, and Manu to SF :rolleyes:

theuuord
06-08-2009, 08:51 PM
If Kidd goes to the Lakers that's one of the scariest teams ever.

PurpleJesus
06-08-2009, 08:51 PM

please no spurs, it would be fun to watch him on a team he would start for, and out of those four he would only start for the Lakers. I would enjoy watching Miami if he went there. Kidd, Wade and Beasely sounds like a formiddable team. Will JO be back in Miami?

ko8e24
06-08-2009, 08:53 PM
I see him goin to either celtics, cavs, spurs, lakers or rockets

dee279
But yeah i really dont see him coming to the Heat unless Pat Riley works his magic. Sumthing crazy bout it, our coach gonna be younger then the PG i think lol. i could be wrong but i know Spo suck *** young.

still1ballin
I would love the heat to get him but he really cant shoot. But i want him for a mentor for Chalmers.

Actually this season he was hitting a good percentage from 3, his shot as improved.

x_notorious
06-08-2009, 08:58 PM

:eyebrow:

40% from 3?

J$mo0th_3o5
06-08-2009, 09:01 PM
please no spurs, it would be fun to watch him on a team he would start for, and out of those four he would only start for the Lakers. I would enjoy watching Miami if he went there. Kidd, Wade and Beasely sounds like a formiddable team. Will JO be back in Miami?

Yes he will and he devoted this offseason to try and get back to his all-star form.

PurpleJesus
06-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Yes he will and he devoted this offseason to try and get back to his all-star form.

Kidd wade beasely and JO, very strong starters. I like Chalmers, but no doubt kidd is the better player, even in his twilight.

JJ_JKidd
06-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Players that expressed their desire playing alongside with Kidd are:

1. Kobe

2. LBJ

I hope Kidd sign with the Cavs for less,,, Mo slips to the two. I just so dont like Delonte. Plus the thought of the Cavs getting Sheed would also be nice...

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-08-2009, 11:00 PM
I was wondering what point guard the Lakers could get to sign for the mid level. Im not sure that Kidd would be willing to play for such little dough but if he would, that might be nice :)

Fear_GAS_OLDier
06-08-2009, 11:18 PM

ya man we were all hoping this for a while but now we've got 3 fa's to resign in odom ariza and brown and with 3 pgs already i dont see kidd coming off the bench.

jmastert
06-08-2009, 11:25 PM
kidd shud go to cavs, lebron and kidd the 2 best triple double threats on one team lmao

JordansBulls
06-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Best fit for him would be Portland.

albertc86
06-09-2009, 12:03 AM
Why would he go to Miami for the MLE? That's what I want to know. Surely, other teams could match Miami's offer or offer more. I don't like Miami's chances.

theuuord
06-09-2009, 12:33 AM

Idunno, I still say LA is a better fit. Imagine that lineup. Kidd wouldn't even have to shoot. He could just create opportunities for everyone.

kEviN21
06-09-2009, 12:51 AM

That's what Beasley and Wade are for ;)

b_rad23
06-09-2009, 12:54 AM
Why would he go to Miami for the MLE? That's what I want to know. Surely, other teams could match Miami's offer or offer more. I don't like Miami's chances.

How many other teams have Mark Blount?

That's what I thought.

mrblisterdundee
06-09-2009, 02:28 AM
Miami's biggest problem is in the front court. Udonis Haslem is alright, but Jermaine O'neal is not good enough to be the starting center. The Heat are beating a dead horse with him. Jason Kidd is not going to solve their problems.

mikantsass
06-09-2009, 09:14 AM
I think Kidd is wayyyyyyy past his prime. Whenever he matches up against good, young PG's he gets killed. I think Miami would be better signing Bibby than Kidd. But i do agree that they need a PG, Chalmers is a solid backup and will be a good starter in the future.

dos132
06-09-2009, 09:37 AM
nice move... got to miami kidd... hahahahah

J_M_B
06-09-2009, 09:51 AM
I would love to see Kidd go to Miami. Beasley, Wade, and Kidd is a pretty good three. Plus Kidd can mentor Chalmers, but other than that Miami still has problems in the front court. They can contend for home court advantage in the first round, win a playoff series but that is it.
kidd/chalmers
wade/cook
beasley/jones
haslem/???
JO/magloire

J_M_B
06-09-2009, 09:51 AM
^^^^sounds pretty good to me.

wwwhat
06-09-2009, 11:09 AM
The thing is, Kidd needs a 2 next to him that can guard 1s. He's just not quick enough for it anymore. It's why a team like Miami or Cleveland is a better fit since D-Wade can guard 1s and with Cleveland Kidd can play the 2.

prodigy
06-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Well kidd said he wanted to go to cleveland. But he will most likely start in maimi since there PG is young, and not that good. So heat or cavs will be the team.

LakersIn5
06-09-2009, 11:31 AM
kidd 1)wants to compete for a championship but 2)he also wants to get playing time. in miami he gets no.2 in cleveland he gets no.1. but in LAL he gets nos. 1 and 2 LOL so sign with LAL kidd!

Cali4rnia
06-09-2009, 12:18 PM
no lakers dont need him

sep11ie
06-09-2009, 12:22 PM
If Kidd goes to the Lakers that's one of the scariest teams ever.

Yea... just like the Malone, Payton, Kobe, Shaq team that was supposed to be the 2nd coming of Jesus:rolleyes:

JordansBulls
06-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Yea... just like the Malone, Payton, Kobe, Shaq team that was supposed to be the 2nd coming of Jesus:rolleyes:

And generally speaking guys who were top players in the league that end up going to legit contenders, never seem to win a ring anyway as they are ring chasers.

sep11ie
06-09-2009, 12:43 PM
^exactly my point. What has Kidd done with a team in his prime to make a "missing piece"?

bahama0811
06-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Kidd is over the hill. I don't think he's got much left but it could be good for Wade to get some help.

ottograham14
06-09-2009, 01:01 PM

I think if Nash stays with Phoenix which if I was Kerr would be a main goal due to the fact that Zona loves him and Phoenix really needs to sell season tickets this off-season due to Starvers money woes that Portland is going to make a very hard push for him.

Portland has said to be very interested in Nash or Kidd, Nash being first.

Of course I would like to see him in Cleveland, where Mo could be transitioned to the 2 but still be able to play 1's when he needs to since Kidd is getting older and someone like Rondo would just eat him up at the one. Also it would allow Cleveland to bring West off the bench which he would be a great 6th man I think coming in to give Mo or Kidd much rest. Just an idea though as Cleveland doesn't have any money either so Kidd would have to take the MLE. Still think though that Kidd isn't a definate answer for any team to push them over the edge and to a NBA championship. Lakers if anyone.

skinsfan4life80
06-09-2009, 01:27 PM
i would much rather the lakers sign a younger point guard..unless they plan on letting fisher go .

theuuord
06-09-2009, 02:39 PM

why is that even a comparison? That's a team with four players that succeed when they all have opportunities to pad their shooting numbers. Kidd is not that kind of player. He relies on his court awareness to create opportunities for an entire team, rather than just himself.
This is the exact opposite situation from that.

The Lakers are probably going to win a championship THIS year. Are you really going to back the idea that they'd more than likely lose the next one if they replaced Derek Fisher with Jason Kidd?

SwaggaIke
06-09-2009, 03:32 PM
I would love to bring in Kidd. If J.O is truly dedicated to getting his knees back and Beasley takes it up another notch we could make some noise in the Eastern Conference next year.

Catfish1314
06-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Would be the perfect move for Miami in my opinion.

Kidd would be a short-term solution to Miami's need of a full time starting caliber PG and by the time he wants to retire, Chalmers will be more than ready to take his place. And in the meantime, Chalmers can learn a lot from him.

Depending on how much Chalmers and Beasley work to improve in the offseason, the addition of Kidd could make the Heat potentially ECF-bound.

J_M_B
06-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Would be the perfect move for Miami in my opinion.

Kidd would be a short-term solution to Miami's need of a full time starting caliber PG and by the time he wants to retire, Chalmers will be more than ready to take his place. And in the meantime, Chalmers can learn a lot from him.

Depending on how much Chalmers and Beasley work to improve in the offseason, the addition of Kidd could make the Heat potentially ECF-bound.

Also if JO is devoted to this off season to getting back to all-star caliber form that would be a scary team to go up against.

Kidd
Wade
Beasley (gets more playing time)
Haslem
JO(gets back to all star form)

That is a pretty good team right there.

Kakaroach
06-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Yeah, J-Kidd will give Miami an experienced player, something that the Heat sorely need. Another ball handler who can take A LOT of pressure off of D. Wade.

droalex
06-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Wasn't Jermaine Oneal going to be back to his old self last season? =/

asmarks18
06-09-2009, 04:15 PM
The Mavs will keep Kidd. Cuban said keeping him is priority number 1

sep11ie
06-09-2009, 04:21 PM
why is that even a comparison? That's a team with four players that succeed when they all have opportunities to pad their shooting numbers. Kidd is not that kind of player. He relies on his court awareness to create opportunities for an entire team, rather than just himself.
This is the exact opposite situation from that.

The Lakers are probably going to win a championship THIS year. Are you really going to back the idea that they'd more than likely lose the next one if they replaced Derek Fisher with Jason Kidd?

Yes, they lose even more toughness. Odom will be gone after this year. Ariza could be gone after this year. All your doing is replacing an aging player with an aging player that costs more.

theuuord
06-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Yes, they lose even more toughness. Odom will be gone after this year. Ariza could be gone after this year. All your doing is replacing an aging player with an aging player that costs more.

You could say the same thing about, say, replacing Vince Carter with Kobe Bryant.
That's not a real point.

First of all, I wasn't talking about Odom and Ariza. That's a legitimate point, but that has nothing to do with Jason Kidd.
As for the cost, Derek Fisher makes about 5 million. The MLE is like 5.4 million. That's nothing.

Kidd, Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, and it doesn't matter who the 3 is. Say Ariza, for example. That's the best starting lineup from top to bottom in basketball.
Fisher, Farmar, Walton, and Vujacic off the bench, then some random decent big man as a backup. Doesn't really matter who.
If you don't think that's the best all-around team in basketball I'd have to question how much your anti-Lakers sentiment blinds you, because I'm a Nets fan and I can see how blatantly amazing that team is.

king4day
06-09-2009, 05:31 PM
If Kidd left Dallas, then the Mavs are going to hear it even more for the Harris trade.
They need to do whatever is necessary to move up the draft to draft a top PG.

sep11ie
06-09-2009, 05:57 PM
You could say the same thing about, say, replacing Vince Carter with Kobe Bryant.
That's not a real point.

First of all, I wasn't talking about Odom and Ariza. That's a legitimate point, but that has nothing to do with Jason Kidd.
As for the cost, Derek Fisher makes about 5 million. The MLE is like 5.4 million. That's nothing.

Kidd, Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, and it doesn't matter who the 3 is. Say Ariza, for example. That's the best starting lineup from top to bottom in basketball.
Fisher, Farmar, Walton, and Vujacic off the bench, then some random decent big man as a backup. Doesn't really matter who.
If you don't think that's the best all-around team in basketball I'd have to question how much your anti-Lakers sentiment blinds you, because I'm a Nets fan and I can see how blatantly amazing that team is.

I think you'd have to wait to see what other teams did first. And though I also see your point, I have my arguments too. Bynum is very overrated and usually gets dominated by legit centers/power forwards, Walton shouldn't belongs in the D-league, and you lose Fisher or Farmar if you bring in Kidd.

ggg
06-09-2009, 09:18 PM
this is big for the heat. they got a veteran well rounded player that can create plays for everybody especially wade. Chalmers was alright but when the the going gets tough, Wade handled everything, and at his expense he had to play like lebron james minus the veteran teammates that spread the floor. Same roster with kidd they can probably stay 4th to 6th easily going to post season