PDA

View Full Version : why the magic can still win!!!

MAC10TIZZY
06-08-2009, 03:01 PM
i feel l.a. has played there best ball all year. in the finals. The magic not even close.. ya, i live on the east coast but you dont have to live on the westside to see "every" laker game theyre played all year on tnt. so i dont want to hear that excuse...but honestly the magic have looked scared and have been completely thrown off their down low game. i will give credit to odom and gasol but bynum...not so much...and for real, i dont know why the magic go at bynum so much, the lakers are so much worse when he is in the game. odom is getting so much love right now that its not even funny. the dude plays the bench and now all of a sudden he is like the under ground king that hasn't been crowned...this is in no way shape or form a dig at lakers fans but i think it is time for the switch in directin in these playoffs. in some of your forums, you say things like"this series is boring" or you wish it was the celtics(who we beat) or "man i was hoping for lebron james(who we beat) but honestly you guys are playing against the best team in the league, FLAT OUT!!! yes we had a sorry game one, yeah so what, game two, was scary how bad we played but how even worse it made you....now, game three, it is our turn, our time...it was funny a week ago , the magic forum had more fans than we knew what to do with them, now they have depleted like our shooting (in the first two games)....get ready laker fans, you asked for it , you asked for a more competive match, you asked "where is dwight howard"....tomorrow night it is on like donkey kong...GO MAGIC!!!

Havoc Wreaker
06-08-2009, 03:09 PM
:pity:

RaidALakeShow
06-08-2009, 03:19 PM
lamar odom started a majority of this year, and would probably start on most teams...he was the reason (one of the major ones) that we got killed in last years finals because of he played awful...but i think you guys will come out and play hard this third game and take it, but we should win this series 4-1....I just dont think that you guys can match up against our length...

every person has a hand in their face...your not playing against the cavs, who has varejo and joe smith, and Z playing on defense you have a tough team that is able to win almost every one-on-one battle

I would have loved to play the cavs, to see kobe vs. lebron, but you guys killed them and besides bspn, I want to see the best two teams play...i just think we are better in many ways

MAC10TIZZY
06-08-2009, 03:28 PM
lamar odom started a majority of this year, and would probably start on most teams...he was the reason (one of the major ones) that we got killed in last years finals because of he played awful...but i think you guys will come out and play hard this third game and take it, but we should win this series 4-1....I just dont think that you guys can match up against our length...

every person has a hand in their face...your not playing against the cavs, who has varejo and joe smith, and Z playing on defense you have a tough team that is able to win almost every one-on-one battle

I would have loved to play the cavs, to see kobe vs. lebron, but you guys killed them and besides bspn, I want to see the best two teams play...i just think we are better in many ways

majority would mean the greater number of parts, in this case i believe odom started about 32 of a possible 82...he is a fluke and im calling it now, there is no way that he can hang with dwight and or hedo....vangundy did an amazing thing by not playing a pg, thats when things started to turn around for us, besides trevor, and dont get me wrong i miss him, but he has gotten away with some very big defensive fouls this play offs......

Hellcrooner
06-08-2009, 03:35 PM
The magic can win because there are 5 games left.

anyway im REaLLLY doubting they win 4 out of 5 with two in L.a

5 or 6 its what i think.

azkarraga
06-08-2009, 03:45 PM
i dont see them winning it all. lots of changes to be done.

Hellcrooner
06-08-2009, 03:48 PM
also 2-0 only ONCE in the whole history has a team be able to overcome that.

And we better not get into HOW did the do it and what did Donaghys boys do.

S.J.Basketball
06-08-2009, 04:23 PM
This is a team I think is capable of coming down from 0-2 and making a good run. Do I think they can still win? Sure, but they HAVE to win the next 2 in a row. If the Lakers win next game and go up 3-0 it's over. If the Magic can bring it back to 2-2 in these next 2 games I believe anything can happen. A lot of if's though.

jimbobjarree
06-08-2009, 04:29 PM
cause they can still win..go Magic!

ALQ20
06-08-2009, 04:40 PM
i feel l.a. has played there best ball all year. in the finals. The magic not even close.. ya, i live on the east coast but you dont have to live on the westside to see "every" laker game theyre played all year on tnt. so i dont want to hear that excuse...but honestly the magic have looked scared and have been completely thrown off their down low game. i will give credit to odom and gasol but bynum...not so much...and for real, i dont know why the magic go at bynum so much, the lakers are so much worse when he is in the game. odom is getting so much love right now that its not even funny. the dude plays the bench and now all of a sudden he is like the under ground king that hasn't been crowned...this is in no way shape or form a dig at lakers fans but i think it is time for the switch in directin in these playoffs. in some of your forums, you say things like"this series is boring" or you wish it was the celtics(who we beat) or "man i was hoping for lebron james(who we beat) but honestly you guys are playing against the best team in the league, FLAT OUT!!! yes we had a sorry game one, yeah so what, game two, was scary how bad we played but how even worse it made you....now, game three, it is our turn, our time...it was funny a week ago , the magic forum had more fans than we knew what to do with them, now they have depleted like our shooting (in the first two games)....get ready laker fans, you asked for it , you asked for a more competive match, you asked "where is dwight howard"....tomorrow night it is on like donkey kong...GO MAGIC!!!

...sure! whatever u say guy...

The_Mac22
06-08-2009, 04:43 PM
lol

IDB Josh M
06-08-2009, 04:45 PM
I only believe in ONE magic ... the only one ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCXDm3Bt21Y

Big Quett
06-08-2009, 04:55 PM

Actually it has happened 3 TIMES

MAC10TIZZY
06-08-2009, 05:14 PM

that is not true, it has happend cleanly for miami and dallas, miami was down 2-0 and down big in the third of the third game, and yep, you guessed it...they came back and one, our team is real similar to that miami squad...-wade

redskins30
06-08-2009, 05:27 PM
I highly doubt the shitball Magic will or even have a chance anymore The league needs to have better officiating cuz Howard is always reaching in and nothing is ever called on that punk. Kobe is fouled alot and they never call the fouls

Akagaminosteven
06-08-2009, 05:31 PM
that is not true, it has happend cleanly for miami and dallas, miami was down 2-0 and down big in the third of the third game, and yep, you guessed it...they came back and one, our team is real similar to that miami squad...-wade

So this Magic team is really similar to a championship Heat team, minus the player who defined it? That Heat team would not have come back without Wade.

baktalk
06-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Magic has a shot if and only if their guard play steps up. Jameer/Rafer combining for 8 points is not gonna help their chances.

And don't hate on Lamar. He may be inconsistent, but whenever he is on, the Lakers win. Simple as that. If Lamar can stay consistent in this next games away from home, the Magic will be all but swept.

On my blog, http://upinthestands.blogspot.com, I explain these very things.

ManRam
06-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Dwight has to step up.

It's as easy as that. But...it will help if...

SVG goes with the no PG lineup more often.
Redick keep playing, but start making shots.
Pietrus gets 35-40 minutes a game.
Hedo takes over the offensive reigns, and the offense moves through him.
Kobe cools off.
Howard keeps passing to shooters when he's doubled.

lakers sqaud
06-08-2009, 06:10 PM

Sorry 2 inform u bud but u r playing the best team in basketball,in game 2 we have not played that bad of a game since the hosten series...u will come 2 learn this lakers team is good when we r playing @ or best,u might need 2 get your brooms out,because if yall could not beat us the way we played in game 2 well this series is over~!:smoking:

gauth25
06-08-2009, 06:15 PM
There's a reason why the Magic haven't played their best and it's because of the team they're playing. When you played Cleveland they had no length at all and not even close to as many versatile players the Lakers have. They are all long, athletic and very smart.

The Lakers played like garbage and still won. You can say all you want on how the Magic shot like garbage but that's because of the Lakers defense. They are not used to playing a team like this.

The Magic will have to step it up dramatically to even come close to winning this series and by that i mean shot 50% + from 3 point land.

I don't see the Lakers losing this series because of one person. Kobe Bryant.

Lakers in 6.

i.got.the.nutz
06-08-2009, 06:18 PM
This thread is the funny.

RaiderLakersA's
06-08-2009, 06:21 PM
The Magic have a shot, if the Lakers have another bad shooting game like Sunday for 3 straight games.

However, with the next 3 games having only a 48 hour turn around, the Magic can't afford to figure it out on the fly. They need to settle in and figure out what they're strategy is going to be. The difference between the Lakers and the Magic is that LA already knows how they are going to attack and defend the Magic. It's just a matter of executing it for 4 quarters.

lakers sqaud
06-08-2009, 06:24 PM
yeah ive got the lakers in 6, but if the magic dont get it 2gether this could be a sweep....we could not have tried any harder 2 give them game 2...us fans have showed alot of class towards each others teams but it looks like were all taking the gloves off~!

JabberJaw
06-08-2009, 06:31 PM
L.A. has played their best ball both games of the finals? Ummmm, wrong. They played a great game in game 1 and beat the Magic by 25. The second game they played pretty poorly and still won the game. Magic hasn't shown that they can handle LA's length. They couldn't handle the length with Bynum being in foul trouble the entire game. If Bynum can stay on the floor, that is just one more big body to throw at Dwight. If anything Rashard Lewis will not hit every shot like he did last night either...Hedo played pretty well also. The Lakers played pretty average, but stepped up when they needed to. The Magic can win, because there are still games left. But in no way can you sit here and say the Lakers have played excellent, and the Magic haven't. Its called matchups my friend. We are not the Cavs. We have skilled bigs. A depleted Celtics squad gave you fits, minus their most important player (Garnett). Athletic length will give the Magic problems and it has been proven throughout the playoffs.

sp1derm00
06-08-2009, 06:35 PM
I haven't seen the Lakers play defense so aggressively since back when the season first started.

Like seriously, the defense has been amazing, and the only difference has been effort on the defensive end. Instead of letting shooters shoot, there's almost always a contest. Instead of letting dwight work the block, he's always doubled whether by fish or LO with the help defense.

This tells me one thing, Lakers want it bad... and as long as they want it, they will get it.

bleedprple&gold
06-08-2009, 06:38 PM

The Magic are similar to the 2006 Heat team minus Wade? You say that like its a complement. That team would have gone nowhere without Wade, so if the Magic are only that good then they are an average team at best...

MAC10TIZZY
06-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Sorry 2 inform u bud but u r playing the best team in basketball,in game 2 we have not played that bad of a game since the hosten series...u will come 2 learn this lakers team is good when we r playing @ or best,u might need 2 get your brooms out,because if yall could not beat us the way we played in game 2 well this series is over~!:smoking:

so you are telling me that whe you are at your best you are good??? and there is a place called hosten??? weird.........now back to grown man ****.....there will be no sweeping....dont sing it bring it

MAC10TIZZY
06-08-2009, 07:03 PM
L.A. has played their best ball both games of the finals? Ummmm, wrong. They played a great game in game 1 and beat the Magic by 25. The second game they played pretty poorly and still won the game. Magic hasn't shown that they can handle LA's length. They couldn't handle the length with Bynum being in foul trouble the entire game. If Bynum can stay on the floor, that is just one more big body to throw at Dwight. If anything Rashard Lewis will not hit every shot like he did last night either...Hedo played pretty well also. The Lakers played pretty average, but stepped up when they needed to. The Magic can win, because there are still games left. But in no way can you sit here and say the Lakers have played excellent, and the Magic haven't. Its called matchups my friend. We are not the Cavs. We have skilled bigs. A depleted Celtics squad gave you fits, minus their most important player (Garnett). Athletic length will give the Magic problems and it has been proven throughout the playoffs.

did you actually read the post? i said if you can barely beat us while we are playing this bad you are in trouble........and im so sick of hearing about length, f' a length...you guys have a great team(again for you who dont read what i write) but we are have the best team...we should of waited on nelson till we got back, could you imagine the hype......WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!

MAC10TIZZY
06-08-2009, 07:08 PM
The Magic are similar to the 2006 Heat team minus Wade? You say that like its a complement. That team would have gone nowhere without Wade, so if the Magic are only that good then they are an average team at best...

AN AVERAGE TEAM DOES NOT MAKE THE FINALS, BY DEFEATING THE WORLD CHAMPS, MINUS ONE ALL STAR, SO WHAT WE WERE DOWN ONE ALL STAR TOOO , IT GOES BOTH WAYS...an average team does not make a 66 win team look silly... an average team does not sweep your beloved lakers in regular season...we just havent showed up yet...i cant wait for the remainder

MAC10TIZZY
06-08-2009, 07:09 PM
I highly doubt the shitball Magic will or even have a chance anymore The league needs to have better officiating cuz Howard is always reaching in and nothing is ever called on that punk. Kobe is fouled alot and they never call the fouls

go back to your can OSCAR!!!!!!!!!

MAC10TIZZY
06-08-2009, 07:10 PM
yeah ive got the lakers in 6, but if the magic dont get it 2gether this could be a sweep....we could not have tried any harder 2 give them game 2...us fans have showed alot of class towards each others teams but it looks like were all taking the gloves off~!

I type in good spirits, no gloves have come off

Brooke
06-08-2009, 07:10 PM
AN AVERAGE TEAM DOES NOT MAKE THE FINALS, BY DEFEATING THE WORLD CHAMPS, MINUS ONE ALL STAR, SO WHAT WE WERE DOWN ONE ALL STAR TOOO , IT GOES BOTH WAYS...an average team does not make a 66 win team look silly... an average team does not sweep your beloved lakers in regular season...we just havent showed up yet...i cant wait for the remainder

but it also took the Magic 7 games to beat the Celtics w/out KG and a few others....

this is why I have said what happens in the regular season means squat

NYtilIdie
06-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Really I hate ESPN they keep track of the dumbest stats, but those stats can also be spoilers for series. I could really have enjoyed this series and every other Laker series if I didn't know Phil Jax is 44-0 and Kobe is 23-0 when winning game 1 of the series. So those stats make this series and your explanation a joke.

They might as well forget the rest of the series and just give LA the title now and start the off-season.

MAC10TIZZY
06-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Really I hate ESPN they keep track of the dumbest stats, but those stats can also be spoilers for series. I could really have enjoyed this series and every other Laker series if I didn't know Phil Jax is 44-0 and Kobe is 23-0 when winning game 1 of the series. So those stats make this series and your explanation a joke.

They might as well forget the rest of the series and just give LA the title now and start the off-season.

yeah man , thats what every team should do when their forced get going , they should all just quit...thats whats wrong with sports these days, people get behind by a bit and just quit...its why online sporting sucks toooo...people quit...well not the magic

baktalk
06-08-2009, 07:15 PM
After the heartbreaking loss last night, I wouldn't be surprised if a sweep comes. It is dejecting losses like that that cause teams to lose hope and dwindle in play. Before last night I didn't think a sweep would happen, but I think it is more likely now.

championships
06-08-2009, 07:24 PM
The Magic can have their 2-0 stat for the regular season but I would much rather have the 2-0 stat the Lakers have in the finals. Lakers don't sweep, but the Magic can't beat this Laker team four out of five times. I say the Lakers will take one , maybe two in Orlando

still1ballin
06-08-2009, 07:39 PM

You can't compare Jameer Nelson to KG

ko8e24
06-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Ok delusional magic fans (no offense, your team is classy as hell and i love watching them play), there are a few things you guys are not understanding. Game 2, we did not see the real lakers or the magic, so we can't tell how the rest of the series will play out definitively.

Second, the magic can make this a series, but they won't be able to come back from 0-2 down. There were a few factors as to why the heat came back in 06 against the mavericks.

1) Dirk Nowitzki is a great player, all-star/superstar, but he's no kobe bryant. Kobe will not let up, this laker team is not mentally weak like the 06 mavs, and they have a true leader, in fact 2 (d-fish and kobe)

2) the magic have no player at the level of D-wade. Magic have no one who can get to the rim constantly, and with such force like a D-wade, Lebron or Kobe that would force the refs to blow the whistle constantly and send them to the free throw line.

3) third, i think there is a difference between 1st yr head coach at the time (avery johnson) vs legend pat riley in 06 as opposed to 4th yr head coach stan van gundy vs legend phil jackson right now. Experience plays a role in this regard as van gundy has not faced a 0-2 whole where his team has come back and won the series.

Maybe you guys can ponder upon these things.

Good luck to u guyz.

cHi8DaL5LA420
06-08-2009, 08:02 PM
you feel like LA has been playing there best ball all year... you havent been watching the same team... they played there best ball against denver in game 6 that was one of the best games you will see the lakers play....they did not play like that all year.. in some games yes... but they have not been on top of ther game... and you know what they do not need to be... they are soo good and they know they are the best and they only have to play about 70% of there best effort to win against anybody;... yes they are that good... and orlando has no chance in winning this series

MAC10TIZZY
06-08-2009, 08:10 PM
You can't compare Jameer Nelson to KG

and why cant you compare these two?

jameer nelson(healthy) 16.7 pts, 5.4 assists, and 4 rebs vs

kevin garnett(healthy) 15.8 pts, 2 assists and 8 rebs

both leaders of thier team......

Fire Girardi
06-08-2009, 08:12 PM

lol the lakers havent played thier best ball yet, the lakers sucked in game 2 and still won, the nagic played a great game in game 2 besides the turn overs and still lost, this series is OVER

still1ballin
06-08-2009, 08:18 PM
and why cant you compare these two?

jameer nelson(healthy) 16.7 pts, 5.4 assists, and 4 rebs vs

kevin garnett(healthy) 15.8 pts, 2 assists and 8 rebs

both leaders of thier team......

First of all, Jameer is not the leader of the Magic, Dwight clearly is. Second, you cannot compare the two players just on stats. Kevin Garnett is the glue that hold the Celtics and if it wasn't for him in the finals, they would of lost. KG has a bigger impact on the Celtics than Jameer does to the Magic. If you added a healthy Jameer and a healty KG in the semifinals, Celtics would win.

plpfctn
06-08-2009, 08:24 PM
you think Kobe has peaked? LOL. he is just getting started. watch him go off for fiddy next game shooting 60%, which he can easily do. Bynum is much better than you think. He owns dwight howard.

MAC10TIZZY
06-08-2009, 08:26 PM
First of all, Jameer is not the leader of the Magic, Dwight clearly is. Second, you cannot compare the two players just on stats. Kevin Garnett is the glue that hold the Celtics and if it wasn't for him in the finals, they would of lost. If you added a healthy Jameer and a healty KG in the semifinals, Celtics would win.

jameer is definately the leader of his team, and imo paul peirce is the glue for the celtics any ways the celtics are out and the magic are still very much alive...dwight is our strongest player and a super star but with out jameer is like peanut butter with no jelly , cereal with no milk....im calling an upset...and even if im wrong in the end i will still no that i am a true fan , not just one who jumps on the l.a. bandwagon...

MAC10TIZZY
06-08-2009, 08:27 PM
you think Kobe has peaked? LOL. he is just getting started. watch him go off for fiddy next game shooting 60%, which he can easily do. Bynum is much better than you think. He owns dwight howard.

lol, people like you make me laugh...bynum owns dwight ha h ah ah ha ha ha ha:eyebrow:

ko8e24
06-08-2009, 08:27 PM
kobe has peaked physically, but not mentally. I tell ya, the man is getting smarter by the season. His decision making, shot selection, reading the game, knowing when to attack and knowing when to let his teammates do what they do best, be able to play the refs throughout the course of the game, he is getting sneakier, smarter, and more clever.

ko8e24
06-08-2009, 08:31 PM
jameer is definately the leader of his team, and imo paul peirce is the glue for the celtics any ways the celtics are out and the magic are still very much alive...dwight is our strongest player and a super star but with out jameer is like peanut butter with no jelly , cereal with no milk....im calling an upset...and even if im wrong in the end i will still no that i am a true fan , not just one who jumps on the l.a. bandwagon...

Bro, not all lakers fans that exist 2day are all bandwagonners. and yes, from the posts i've read of yours in the recent past, yest, you are a true orlando magic fan. you should be proud of your team and your franchise. Good luck the rest of the finals.

Brooke
06-08-2009, 08:36 PM

I wouldnt be surprised normally when he has a subpar game he has a great game next time(and this was for Kobe). He has gotten better in each series of these playoffs

baktalk
06-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Bro, not all lakers fans that exist 2day are all bandwagonners. and yes, from the posts i've read of yours in the recent past, yest, you are a true orlando magic fan. you should be proud of your team and your franchise. Good luck the rest of the finals.

While i'm sure Jameer had no intention for it to work out this way, he is a distraction. He clearly has made a negative impact on the team, causing Rafer to play aggressive to prove he should be starting. Now not to put it all on him and take it all off of Rafer, but I think its clear that Rafer got them there, and Van Gundy should have given him more respect then to take Rafer out of the lineup in game one for a considerable amount of time for a rusty Jameer who hasn't seen gametime in months.

What Van Gundy should've done is waited. See how Rafer faired against the Lakers and then insert Jameer into the lineup accordingly. VG didn't do that. He, in my opinion, disrespected Rafer and threw off the team chemistry that was so strong in the Cavs series. Despite Jameer being a leader, he has proved that he can lead the team off of the court throughout the playoffs, why couldn't he have kept on doing so?

Akagaminosteven
06-08-2009, 08:38 PM

Do you really think that all all-stars are equal? Subtracting Wade from the championship Heat team has a lot more repercussions than Nelson from the Magic. No one is calling the Magic themselves an average team--we're just laughing at your ridiculous equating of the current Magic team to a Heat team that won the title with their best player giving a Jordanesque performance--without their best player, of course. Those two wins in the regular season don't seem to be helping you out, by the way.

AllTheWay
06-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Crazay

MAC10TIZZY
06-08-2009, 08:44 PM

andrew bynum is a below average center, if it werent for lamar odom and willy wonka feeding hi14 10 and 9 29 31 and 7m "special" candy , lakers would be done...everybody and there mom knows what kobe can do..but seems to me that you actually believe in your heart the bynum is better so i dug up some stats for the two in the finals...

bynum: total stats for two games so far 14 pts 10 rebounds and 9 fouls

thats an average of 7 pts and 5 rebounds, congratulations on spending 11 million on him.........lol.....(dwights stats just for giggles 29 pts and 31 rebounds) so ya it is clear to everyone(actually just you) thay bydumb owns dwight...keep it reall atleast bro

MAC10TIZZY
06-08-2009, 08:47 PM
While i'm sure Jameer had no intention for it to work out this way, he is a distraction. He clearly has made a negative impact on the team, causing Rafer to play aggressive to prove he should be starting. Now not to put it all on him and take it all off of Rafer, but I think its clear that Rafer got them there, and Van Gundy should have given him more respect then to take Rafer out of the lineup in game one for a considerable amount of time for a rusty Jameer who hasn't seen gametime in months.

What Van Gundy should've done is waited. See how Rafer faired against the Lakers and then insert Jameer into the lineup accordingly. VG didn't do that. He, in my opinion, disrespected Rafer and threw off the team chemistry that was so strong in the Cavs series. Despite Jameer being a leader, he has proved that he can lead the team off of the court throughout the playoffs, why couldn't he have kept on doing so?

i can say i completely agree with you...good post

still1ballin
06-08-2009, 08:50 PM

Well when Jameer went down, Orlando was still rolling and winning ball games while the Celtics had a tough time winning ball games with KG out.

still1ballin
06-08-2009, 08:53 PM
andrew bynum is a below average center, if it werent for lamar odom and willy wonka feeding hi14 10 and 9 29 31 and 7m "special" candy , lakers would be done...everybody and there mom knows what kobe can do..but seems to me that you actually believe in your heart the bynum is better so i dug up some stats for the two in the finals...

thats an average of 7 pts and 5 rebounds, congratulations on spending 11 million on him.........lol.....(dwights stats just for giggles 29 pts and 31 rebounds) so ya it is clear to everyone(actually just you) thay bydumb owns dwight...keep it reall atleast bro

All us Laker fans know what he can do. He has been unlucky with freak accidents but in January, he was tearing up teams. I don't care if he scores points or fouls, as long as they are good hard fouls. I am happy with Bynum defending the paint, altering shots and making it tough for Dwight. How many dunks does Dwight have so far in this series? Oh....yeah thats right..ONE!

junion
06-08-2009, 09:08 PM
i wouldn't give bynum or any one laker credit for dwight's bad play so far. i'd give credit to the lakers' defense as a whole. they're clogging up the lane for him. no one person can just guard dwight all the time. same with kobe. that's what the franchise superstars do - demand double teams, and if you don't do that, they can score.

but so far, dwight has been really bad in the finals, but we haven't seen him play at home yet, so we just have to see.

i call lakers in 6
ps i'm a laker fan since 1986 (and yes i stuck through during the van exel and cedric ceballos days, and travis knight! haha - the bandwagon fans are usually the ones you see close to the court at the staples center)

x_notorious
06-08-2009, 09:12 PM

To clear things up, Bynum isn't better than Howard, not even close. While I disagree with you saying that he's a 'below average' center, he certainly isn't on Howard's level but he's still a solid center. Defensively, he'll make you work and the duo of him and Gasol have given Howard much trouble.

vs. LA: 14.5 PPG/15.5 RPG/3 BPG/4.5 TO/37 FG%
vs. Cleveland: 25.8/13 RPG/1.17 BPG/2.5 TO/65 FG%
vs. Boston: 16 PPG/17 RPG/2.7 BPG/2.7 TO/54 FG%
vs. 76ers: 24 PPG/15 RPG/2.8 BPG/2.6 TO/68 FG%

The Lakers big men have done an outstanding job on him. His FG% is atrocious and he has a really high turn over average so far at least credit Bynum/Gasol for the work they've done on him. How many dunks does Howard have in this series? 1.

Also, let's get this thing straight, Bynum isn't a player that exactly fills up the stat sheets. He averages less than 20 minutes per game for goodness sake and you're comparing his stats to Dwight Howard who plays 41 MPG? There isn't much to compare, is there? Try Pau Gasol for size who Howard frequently guards and look at his statistics. 20/9/3 APG/53 FG%.

Another thing, Bynum's extension doesn't kick in until next year so technically he's getting paid $2,769,300 this season.

MAC10TIZZY
06-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Well when Jameer went down, Orlando was still rolling and winning ball games while the Celtics had a tough time winning ball games with KG out.

we went 23-13 while boston finished up winning the final 19 of 28 games.i would say both players have equal importants of there respective teams.just admit it, you only watch some laker games and are their biggest fan...once jameer went down against dallas are season was on the brinks, getin beat, suffering our worst loss of the season to new orleans...luckily gm otis pulled some strings and aquired the best point gaurd that he could think of to help salvage our season. but dont think for one second that we didnt lose a step...you guys haven't had an all star point gaurd this century so you would barely feel such an injury to small role on your team...but it was a huge loss for us...not making an excuse just wanted to make a thread saying that we can still do this....thats all

MAC10TIZZY
06-08-2009, 09:19 PM
kobe has peaked physically, but not mentally. I tell ya, the man is getting smarter by the season. His decision making, shot selection, reading the game, knowing when to attack and knowing when to let his teammates do what they do best, be able to play the refs throughout the course of the game, he is getting sneakier, smarter, and more clever.

very true,his swag is unmeasurable!!! gives you know reason to really not like him...he suffered the bad guy effect after shaq left, but it is becoming so clear that he is a class act (so far lol)

BlinkManJan02
06-08-2009, 09:21 PM
its still doable. come on magic!

MAC10TIZZY
06-08-2009, 09:23 PM
All us Laker fans know what he can do. He has been unlucky with freak accidents but in January, he was tearing up teams. I don't care if he scores points or fouls, as long as they are good hard fouls. I am happy with Bynum defending the paint, altering shots and making it tough for Dwight. How many dunks does Dwight have so far in this series? Oh....yeah thats right..ONE!

and bynum?

MAC10TIZZY
06-08-2009, 09:26 PM
its still doable. come on magic!

oh my gosh, for love of god, whats your name son? there is light, there are two of us left....lol..much love blinkmanjan

dos132
06-08-2009, 09:44 PM
surely the magic can do that.... but i believe in lakers...
i said earlier, before the start of game 2 that lakers will win but it's gonna be tough...
and game 3 will be more tougher than game 2... but still... surely lakers can do magic too...

good luck to magics too... your performance in game 2 is great...

Teeboy1487
06-08-2009, 09:54 PM
It's good to see you still have faith in your team. I disagree with some of your statements about the lakers, but I respect your post. We will see what happens tomorrow night.

S.J.Basketball
06-08-2009, 10:06 PM
It's good to see you still have faith in your team. I disagree with some of your statements about the lakers, but I respect your post. We will see what happens tomorrow night.

That's how you do it.

_KB24_
06-08-2009, 10:11 PM
As of now, Odom has had a better Finals than Dwight. So how can you call him a fluke. And you seem really cocky about calling your team the best in the league, "FLAT OUT". There is no "flat out" bets team in the league. There are 3 REALLY good teams that played different styles. I would hate to be you if the Magic get swept...

lakers sqaud
06-08-2009, 10:20 PM

been an L.A. fan all my life 2, I would still be thinking were going 2 pull the series out even if the match-ups wuz not in our favor....a true fan never gives up on his team LOL~!

MAC10TIZZY
06-09-2009, 12:27 AM
As of now, Odom has had a better Finals than Dwight. So how can you call him a fluke. And you seem really cocky about calling your team the best in the league, "FLAT OUT". There is no "flat out" bets team in the league. There are 3 REALLY good teams that played different styles. I would hate to be you if the Magic get swept...

please dont feel bad for me if the magic get swept. because, if they get swept they get swept, it is what it is...and i promise i wont come looking for you if we win...);[)(

MAC10TIZZY
06-09-2009, 12:28 AM
been an L.A. fan all my life 2, I would still be thinking were going 2 pull the series out even if the match-ups wuz not in our favor....a true fan never gives up on his team LOL~!

lol

Storch
06-09-2009, 12:57 AM
Lakers are the best road team, the magic's chances of winning all three games on the road is close to none.

Yanks All Day
06-09-2009, 01:20 AM
Its possible, just not probable. But with a team that can be as hot shooting the 3 ball as the Magic have proven they can be, I wouldn't rule it out by any means. They have not had a game where Howard, Turk, and Lewis have all been hot in the Finals, nor have their role players in Peitrus, Nelson (who was an allstar pre-injury), Gortat, and Alston, have contributed ANYTHING yet. I also believe the key to the Magic is going to be JJ Redick. He has proven to be a better defender than people have given him credit to be and is still one of the best pure shooters in basketball. If he plays significant minutes and finds his stroke, the Magic are going to be tough to beat.

mrblisterdundee
06-09-2009, 02:12 AM
The Magic are all but finished. I'm not saying they are, but it appears that way. Coach Phil has never lost a series after winning the first game. The Lakers are 38-1 after winning the first two games of a series.
I think Orlando's biggest trouble is going to be figuring out the point guard situation. Raefer has been doing a good job, and bringing Jameer back messed up his rhythm.

DiehardLakerFan
06-09-2009, 04:19 AM
[B..and IF....and IF..and IF.....[/B]

LA412
06-09-2009, 04:26 AM
lakers played good in game one.............not in game 2........magic can still win they just have to take care of business on their home court

GspLAL
06-09-2009, 04:57 AM

Main reason why Dwight cant get going is cuz he's getting doubled every time and forcing Magic to beat us with jumpshots but yeah

mikantsass
06-09-2009, 08:30 AM

Sorry Magic fan...this series was over before it started. You have noone that can guard Kobe or Gasol. Dwight may dominate stiffs like Ilgouskas, but against real centers and big men (Perkins, Bynum, Gasol) he dissapears. There is no chance the Magic win this series, they will be lucky if they win more than 1 game. I am by no means a Lakers fan, in fact Kobe and Gasol are two of my least favorite players in the league. I'm just stating the facts. (FYI with a healthy Garnett, the Magic would have gotten destroyed by the Celtics)

SlaterRaps
06-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Sorry Magic fan...this series was over before it started. You have noone that can guard Kobe or Gasol. Dwight may dominate stiffs like Ilgouskas, but against real centers and big men (Perkins, Bynum, Gasol) he dissapears. There is no chance the Magic win this series, they will be lucky if they win more than 1 game. I am by no means a Lakers fan, in fact Kobe and Gasol are two of my least favorite players in the league. I'm just stating the facts. (FYI with a healthy Garnett, the Magic would have gotten destroyed by the Celtics)

agreed 100% there

SouljahPhil...
06-09-2009, 09:06 AM
lets see what happens tomorrow...

And also I surely disagree comparing jameer to kg....wow man.......

KG is so good Offensively and Defensively... He would change the game so much...

and having him and perk would cause the same problem to dwight...Also powe was not available in the magic series...

I'm very sure that if KG was healthy we would have seen a rematch finals...

I'm a Die Hard LAker fan but I really respect and appreciate how KG plays...

king4day
06-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Technically the series should be tied right now. So Magic have a shot, but one loss at home and it is over.
I expect a Magic route tonight.

Gibby23
06-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Technically the series should be tied right now. So Magic have a shot, but one loss at home and it is over.

How? The Lakers won the first 2 games so it should be 2-0, like it is.

koreancabbage
06-09-2009, 12:21 PM

how the F should they be technically tied?. you mean technically, they are down 2-0, but theoretically, the way Rashard and HEdo were playing, they could have won and COULD have been 1-1.

sep11ie
06-09-2009, 12:38 PM

Please, please, please, please, please don't sit here and say Kobe gets mistreated by refs. Crawford asks Kobe for advise on how to call games, in game.

MAC10TIZZY
06-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Lakers are the best road team, the magic's chances of winning all three games on the road is close to none.

tell me this , do you know who the second best road team is? yep you guessed it

koreancabbage
06-09-2009, 12:47 PM
tell me this , do you know who the second best road team is? yep you guessed it

yup, and that is why they are down 2-0 in the series, after playing on the road.

MAC10TIZZY
06-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Please, please, please, please, please don't sit here and say Kobe gets mistreated by refs. Crawford asks Kobe for advise on how to call games, in game.

ha ha you saw that spike lee "joint" too...slurp

RaidALakeShow
06-09-2009, 01:24 PM
If the magic are so good, and have to take two games to show up, you think things will change that much just because they are playing at home? Playing at home helps, but not when the lakers are a greaat away team...

Dwight Howard isnt a premier offensive player, and without him, all the magic can rely on are jumpers...Lakers are too good overall for the magic to come back now

macc
06-09-2009, 01:39 PM
If the magic are so good, and have to take two games to show up, you think things will change that much just because they are playing at home? Playing at home helps, but not when the lakers are a greaat away team...

Dwight Howard isnt a premier offensive player, and without him, all the magic can rely on are jumpers...Lakers are too good overall for the magic to come back now

You have to be fair on boths sides of it. Making the comment "If the magic are so good" you have to realize Orlando has been playing like crap and was STILL only one missed layup away from being 1-1 heading into Orlando.

Its not like your team beat ours convincingly two games in a row. Luck played a big part of it at the end, but yet alot of Laker fans are soo arrogant and cocky about it. I just don't understand that. If my team plays like crap I'll be the first to say it wheather we win or lose, I'm not going to brag about a win when it came down to a missed layup.

LAKERS 24/7
06-09-2009, 01:52 PM
People need to learn how to use spaces and periods properly. That was too difficult to read.

lakers sqaud
06-09-2009, 02:06 PM
if we win tonight its over,but I think we get 1 of the 3 & we go back home & win it in 6~~!

masalex1205
06-09-2009, 02:09 PM

im not saying that Kobe has already peaked but he has at his peak right now. He is already not as explosive as he was when he was younger.

LOL at Bynum owning Howard, they triple teamed him everytime he touched the ball.

MagicBucsSox
06-09-2009, 02:17 PM

like i respect real laker fans, and own up to team handling us our azzm but this here is the nonsense why people and real lakers fans hate other laker fans. he owns dwight yet its 5 lakers on one man, he owns him but he never seems to be in the game.

bahama0811
06-09-2009, 02:20 PM
I'm rooting for the Magic but I just don't see them coming back from down 2-0. Anything is possible but the Lakers are playing on a higher level than the Magic. Hopefully the home cooking helps Orlando pull out the next 3.