PDA

View Full Version : (1) LA Lakers vs. (3) Orlando - NBA Finals - Series (3-1) - Part II

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

JordansBulls
06-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Series Predictions (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=21733)
Game Thread #1 (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368146)

( 1 ) LA Lakers (65-17) vs. ( 3 ) Orlando Magic (59-23)

LA Lakers will have the Homecourt Advantage

LA Lakers Lead Series 3-1 Series Breakdown
Series Information (ESPN.com) (http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/matchup/_/teams/magic-lakers)

GAME RESULT DAY DATE TIME TV

Game 1 Thu. June 4 9:00PM ABC

Game 2 Sun. June 7 8:00PM ABC

Game 3 Tue. June 9 9:00PM ABC

Game 4 Thu. June 11 9:00PM ABC

Game 5* Sun. June 14 8:00PM ABC

Game 6* Tue. June 16 9:00PM ABC

Game 7* Thu. June 18 9:00PM ABC

*If necessary

REGULAR SEASON SERIES
Orlando Won Season Series 2-0
Sat Dec 20 - Orlando 106 vs LA Lakers 103
Fri Jan 16 - Orlando 109 @ LA Lakers 103

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Lakers.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3125.jpghttp://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3118.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2426.jpghttp://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3513.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2748.jpg

PG - Derek Fisher
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Trevor Ariza
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Andrew Bynum

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Magic.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/11.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/3445.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/862.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/469.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2384.jpg

PG - Rafer Alston
SG - Courtney Lee
SF - Hedo Turkoglu
PF - Rashard Lewis
C - Dwight Howard

Who will win the NBA Finals?

SouljahPhil...
06-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Go Lakers!!!!!!!!!!

Lakers80's
06-08-2009, 09:30 AM
2down 2 to go....go lakers!!!!!!

Kabowdos
06-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Go lakers!! Kobe mvp!!

BTownTeamsRKing
06-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Rafer Alston is destroying the Magic. If Jameer is going to play, I think its time they just insert him into the starting line up and hopefully he can recapture his rythim ASAP.

Right now the Magic are against the wall and the fact is, they need to win all 3 home games to still win this series. Its not impossible, but very difficult. The first game will be the easiest to win. the second game will be the toughest to win. If they can the first 2, they might take that momentum and take the third game.

That is their only shot of winning these NBA Finals. They need to go back to LA up 3-2.

This series may seem like a blow out, but remember we are 1 Courtney Lee layup from being tied at 1.

GO MAGIC! REP FOR THE EASTSIDE. o yea Dwight, find your damn cape already.

jimbobjarree
06-08-2009, 10:21 AM
hmmm yeahh, kobe bryant the best closer in basketball? what a block by hedo!!!

I think you'd actually have to consider Hedo in the discussion for best closer too, damn he makes some tough *** shots down the stretch.

courtney so close...goal tending by gasol..that ball was sooo going in :p

cant wait till tomorow...I can actually watch this one live instead of on archive

NotVeryOriginal
06-08-2009, 10:33 AM

Oxymoron alert!

Either that was a helluva block by Turgolu on a almost certain basket like the second part insinuates, or it was just another block on a over hypedplayer is isnt as clutch as people think, like the first part insinuates. It cant be both.

Anyway, even tho we won, that game was fcking disgusting as far as reffing goes, and thats both ways. So inconsistant, going from rough playoff bball to ticky tacky fouls disrupting the rhythm of play, and then multiple no calls and phantom calls.

Good game brought by the Magic tho, I had by heart in my throat ready to drop during that last 0.6 seconds. Ill admit, Kobe got outplayed by Dwight last night, everytime he tried to drive to the rim he got stripped or blocked.

lakersrock
06-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Rafer Alston is destroying the Magic. If Jameer is going to play, I think its time they just insert him into the starting line up and hopefully he can recapture his rythim ASAP.

Right now the Magic are against the wall and the fact is, they need to win all 3 home games to still win this series. Its not impossible, but very difficult. The first game will be the easiest to win. the second game will be the toughest to win. If they can the first 2, they might take that momentum and take the third game.

That is their only shot of winning these NBA Finals. They need to go back to LA up 3-2.

This series may seem like a blow out, but remember we are 1 Courtney Lee layup from being tied at 1.

Pau and Bynum stole it from him. :D

I think you'd actually have to consider Hedo in the discussion for best closer too, damn he makes some tough *** shots down the stretch.

cant wait till tomorow...I can actually watch this one live instead of on archive

Too bad they didn't call Lewis for hitting him in the arm before Hedo blocked it. If they had, the game wouldn't even went into OT given Lee missed that shot.

P.I.
06-08-2009, 12:20 PM

ball was way OFF.

If Magics dont win two and a row they will be in big trouble.
They need to get their uptempo game going at home, never happend in LA.

Kenny
06-08-2009, 12:21 PM
LMAO at lakers rock, like the 3 phantom calls in a row in the final minutes of regulation to send kobe to the line.. Please stop will ya

JordansBulls
06-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Lakers are hungrier than Orlando. Gasol is playing well, Odom as well and of course Kobe. Orlando only has one shot and that is they must win all 3 home games. They can win all 3, I just don't know if they will.
Orlando has everything working against them. If LA gets game 3, well you know it's over. If Orlando gets game 3 and LA gets game 4 then it is 3-1 and no team in finals history has come back from a 3-1 deficit to win it all. If Orlando gets games 3 and 4 and LA gets game 5 well then they still have everything against them as no team in finals history in the 2-3-2 format has ever won both games 6 and 7 on the road.

So Orlando has to win all 3 at home to even have a shot to win it all.

Orlando has everything working against them now and LA has everything working for them now.

Fool
06-08-2009, 12:24 PM

first of all thats crap, and second of all, what about the goal tending where howard put his hand THROUGH THE HOOP?

Hanzinho
06-08-2009, 12:51 PM
NELSON STARTEEEEEER!!!!

Alston, kill yourself..... Please

:mad:

NotVeryOriginal
06-08-2009, 01:01 PM
LMAO at lakers rock, like the 3 phantom calls in a row in the final minutes of regulation to send kobe to the line.. Please stop will ya

Yes and non happened the other way:rolleyes: Lakershaters:rolleyes:

What about Kobes magical step outa bounds before the 3-pointer that ABC didnt even bother replaying yet they could replay that 3 from Hedo 5 times? Or the Dwight strip that went out of bounds somehow magically hit Kobe last even tho Dwight 'swiped' away from Kobe.:rolleyes:

BTownTeamsRKing
06-08-2009, 01:27 PM
SVG has completely destroyed Rafer's confidence by playing Nelson. At this point, they might as well start Nelson. At the same time, Alston is being a baby about this and needs to show more professionalism than this pathetic display.

LAKERMANIA
06-08-2009, 01:36 PM
SVG has completely destroyed Rafer's confidence by playing Nelson. At this point, they might as well start Nelson. At the same time, Alston is being a baby about this and needs to show more professionalism than this pathetic display.

Exactly, I dont know why people are backing Nelson up, SVG should have stuck with Rafer through and through..

RaiderLakersA's
06-08-2009, 01:57 PM

I'm not one to play Logic Cop, but do you mean to imply that they are only doomed if they win 2 in a row and lose the 3rd? That still puts them down 3-2 heading back to Los Angeles. That spells disaster in my book.

The Magic must win all of their home games if they want a chance at winning the title. It's as simple as that.

TripleOcho3
06-08-2009, 02:52 PM
2 more Lakeshow!

lakers4sho
06-08-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm telling ya, it's a big mistake playing Nelson at this stage in the playoffs.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-08-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm telling ya, it's a big mistake playing Nelson at this stage in the playoffs.

Huge mistake. Infact, so big, that it could spell the end of the Magic's title hopes.

Play Nelson has resulted in the following:

Alston's confidence is GONE.
Nelson plays small minutes and doesnt do much.
AJ has been completely phased out of the Magic's game plan.

The only way this move works out is if Nelson returns to pre-injury form.

tr4shb0t
06-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Huge mistake. Infact, so big, that it could spell the end of the Magic's title hopes.

Play Nelson has resulted in the following:

Alston's confidence is GONE.
Nelson plays small minutes and doesnt do much.
AJ has been completely phased out of the Magic's game plan.

The only way this move works out is if Nelson returns to pre-injury form.

I enjoyed watching Rafer play last night.

lakersrock
06-08-2009, 04:11 PM
I enjoyed watching Rafer play last night.

:laugh: You and me both haha.

jimbobjarree
06-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Oxymoron alert!

Either that was a helluva block by Turgolu on a almost certain basket like the second part insinuates, or it was just another block on a over hypedplayer is isnt as clutch as people think, like the first part insinuates. It cant be both.

Anyway, even tho we won, that game was fcking disgusting as far as reffing goes, and thats both ways. So inconsistant, going from rough playoff bball to ticky tacky fouls disrupting the rhythm of play, and then multiple no calls and phantom calls.

Good game brought by the Magic tho, I had by heart in my throat ready to drop during that last 0.6 seconds. Ill admit, Kobe got outplayed by Dwight last night, everytime he tried to drive to the rim he got stripped or blocked.

yeah was being sarcastic. great block.

and whatever rashard did makes up for the great block dwight had an kobe when my man Pietrus did **** all.

ball was way OFF.

They need to get their uptempo game going at home, never happend in LA.

first of all thats crap, and second of all, what about the goal tending where howard put his hand THROUGH THE HOOP?

ohhhhhh I do love it when you Laker fans take me seriously..makes my day.

its a shame that a few of you are actually getting it now, l4s especialy is no fun anymore

ARMIN12NBA
06-08-2009, 05:11 PM

Stan Van Gundy destroyed Rafer Alston...

Vinny642
06-08-2009, 05:18 PM
The series isn't over, but come on, the Magic had that.

EX-TREME
06-08-2009, 05:24 PM
:sigh: alright we need win both games and tie it up.

ARMIN12NBA
06-08-2009, 05:25 PM

They weren't phantom fouls buddy. I think you were watching a replay of Cavs v. Magic Game 3 where Lebron went to the line the entire game.

ARMIN12NBA
06-08-2009, 05:28 PM
The series isn't over, but come on, the Magic had that.

They didn't finish though and the Lakers did.

Vinny642
06-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Kobe was getting alot of questionable calls, probably because he was complaining and the refs got tired of it so if he touched at all; FOUL!

Also I remember towards the end of OT i think Fisher got a fast brake off a steal and they called the foul before Hedo touched Fisher, that got me a little suspicious.

Vinny642
06-08-2009, 05:31 PM
They didn't finish though and the Lakers did.

Yea I just said that.... IDK y u r repeating me.

G-Menfan4lyfe
06-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Yes and non happened the other way:rolleyes: Lakershaters:rolleyes:

What about Kobes magical step outa bounds before the 3-pointer that ABC didnt even bother replaying yet they could replay that 3 from Hedo 5 times? Or the Dwight strip that went out of bounds somehow magically hit Kobe last even tho Dwight 'swiped' away from Kobe.:rolleyes:

How about when the ball went off Hedo's leg out of bounds because he got fouled near the basket? Or how about the chincy offensive foul called on Hedo when he stepped into the defender ever so slightly and hit that shot that didnt count? Im so sick of seeing select players get bailed out by whistles while if the same thing happened to another player it isnt callled. And that offensive fould on Hedo was a terrible call and definately could have changed the game.

G-Menfan4lyfe
06-08-2009, 06:02 PM
ok thats mature

Vinny642
06-08-2009, 06:08 PM
lol

Seriously I do not want any Laker fan complain that CP complains or flops. Because they should know that people on the Lakers do the same.

tr4shb0t
06-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Ok, I agree there were some questionable calls, but they went both ways. I think more than anything the refs were trying to keep it a close game (game 2) so it was more entertaining for viewers. They did it the entire Magic/Cavs game to help the Cavs. It makes the officiating look really bad and rigged, but it's not. I don't like when they control the game, but the Lakers weren't bailed out or anything. They earned the win.

lakers4sho
06-08-2009, 06:15 PM
l4s especialy is no fun anymore

how come?? :(

Vinny642
06-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Ok, I agree there were some questionable calls, but they went both ways. I think more than anything the refs were trying to keep it a close game (game 2) so it was more entertaining for viewers. They did it the entire Magic/Cavs game to help the Cavs. It makes the officiating look really bad and rigged, but it's not. I don't like when they control the game, but the Lakers weren't bailed out or anything. They earned the win.

yea I agree, refs arent doing there job right.
Lakers did earn that one though, both teams played good. Except 20 TOs from Orl. eww

Vinny642
06-08-2009, 06:24 PM

cuz u fr34Kin $uK:rolleyes:

lol jimbob doesnt think ur fun anymore, that means bad news for u

jimbobjarree
06-08-2009, 06:32 PM

you dont take me seriously any more, i cant annoy you

lakersrock
06-08-2009, 07:02 PM
How about when the ball went off Hedo's leg out of bounds because he got fouled near the basket? Or how about the chincy offensive foul called on Hedo when he stepped into the defender ever so slightly and hit that shot that didnt count? Im so sick of seeing select players get bailed out by whistles while if the same thing happened to another player it isnt callled. And that offensive fould on Hedo was a terrible call and definately could have changed the game.

He got away with two elbows to Ariza's gut before he fell on him and had the ball go off his leg.

You mean put his shoulder, elbow and then forearm into Ariza to shove him away?

If you think Hedo doesn't shove off ALL the time, you're crazy.

still1ballin
06-08-2009, 07:12 PM

Dwight got bailed out many times last night.

ARMIN12NBA
06-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Kobe was getting alot of questionable calls, probably because he was complaining and the refs got tired of it so if he touched at all; FOUL!

Also I remember towards the end of OT i think Fisher got a fast brake off a steal and they called the foul before Hedo touched Fisher, that got me a little suspicious.

Not really. Three different times Kobe deserved a call and he didn't get it. Like I have said before, Kobe gets, by far, the least preferential treatment out of the top tier superstar players.

ARMIN12NBA
06-08-2009, 07:18 PM

Why the sad face? Who cares what that guy thinks? :laugh2:

lakers4sho
06-08-2009, 07:21 PM
you dont take me seriously any more, i cant annoy you

:(

I'm sorry.

:smoking:

grega1976
06-08-2009, 07:27 PM

OK hold on... last night I said there were questionable calls and I was a huge Laker hater... but today you agree... pick an opinion and stay with it buddy!!!

jimbobjarree
06-08-2009, 07:32 PM

I'm sorry.

haha I love you really mann

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaBo5eHEkeY&feature=related

ARMIN12NBA
06-08-2009, 07:32 PM

I'm sorry.

Again, why do you care? :laugh:

jimbobjarree
06-08-2009, 07:39 PM

lakers4sho
06-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Again, why do you care? :laugh:

Why shouldn't I care? :cool:

championships
06-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Can't blame the refs for the Magics piss poor shooting or their sloppy 20 turnovers. When has anybody ever watch a bball game where there wasn't questionable calls? Has there ever been a game where the refs have gotten every single call right or call every foul that they were supposed too? It happens every single game, its just part of the game.

jimbobjarree
06-08-2009, 08:04 PM
lets see if the Magic get some home cookin goin

tr4shb0t
06-08-2009, 08:24 PM
OK hold on... last night I said there were questionable calls and I was a huge Laker hater... but today you agree... pick an opinion and stay with it buddy!!!

No, last night you were saying LA got a ton of calls their way and that if Magic got the same at home they would win 3 straight easily. I said the exact same thing I just said here right after the game last night (and before you went on your rants about the refs):

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9720778#post9720778

I don't agree with you, and I am sticking with what I say.

NotVeryOriginal
06-08-2009, 08:40 PM

And the excuses start.:rolleyes:

Kobe getting a lot of calls? Lakers went the line 29 times the magic 27. Yeah the refs really showed heavy favouratism.:rolleyes:

http://www.nba.com/games/20090607/ORLLAL/boxscore.html

So were the plays in the post you quoted, which also could have changed the game. Nice bit of selective memory youve got tho seeing as tho I already acknowledged it was a bad game for the refs in this (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9723060&postcount=7) post. Lets just ignore that so we can stick the knife in at dem damn laker bandwagoners dayuuuuum.:rolleyes:

No your just a Laker hater for taking any excuse to diss them and their fans. Kobe could cure cancer tomoand youd go with, "hes just doing it for the nattention,what a drama queen."

You see unlike pocketrocket homers who have rose tinted glassed on perminantly, Lakers fans can actually be honest and objective. Even tho I hate their guts, the only other fans that are as honest is the celtics fans.

JordansBulls
06-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Well for those predicting sweep it could happen, but also it could end up going 7 as well. Portland and LA in 2000 the Lakers were up 3-1 after winning 67 games and it ended up going 7, but the Lakers pulled it out. Chicago and Indiana in 1998, the Bulls went up 2-0 and we ended up winning in 7.

So don't think this series is over yet. However if the Lakers win game 3 it will be.

lakers4sho
06-08-2009, 09:17 PM
I don't think the Lakers are gonna take game 3, but game 4 is a must-must-win for them.

mrblisterdundee
06-09-2009, 01:53 AM
I predict that the series will shift back to Los Angeles with the Lakers ahead three games to two.

ARMIN12NBA
06-09-2009, 02:20 AM
I don't think the Lakers are gonna take game 3, but game 4 is a must-must-win for them.

Game 4 isn't a must-must-win for them. It's not even a must win. If they lose Game 4, then the series is tied up 2-2 just like it was against the Rockets and Nuggets. The Lakers have experience of being tied 2-2. Not to mention they haven't lost 3 games in a row since Pau came to L.A. Anyways, it's a moot point as the Lakers will win one of either Game 3 or Game 4.

ARMIN12NBA
06-09-2009, 02:21 AM
Well for those predicting sweep it could happen, but also it could end up going 7 as well. Portland and LA in 2000 the Lakers were up 3-1 after winning 67 games and it ended up going 7, but the Lakers pulled it out. Chicago and Indiana in 1998, the Bulls went up 2-0 and we ended up winning in 7.

So don't think this series is over yet. However if the Lakers win game 3 it will be.

Those teams had Game 6 at home. The Lakers will have Game 6 at home and if they have a 3-1 lead then they will surely finish it off just like the 2000 Lakers who finished off the Pacers in Game 6 at home. You can't really compare Conference Finals with NBA Finals because of the difference in formats.

Lakersfan2483
06-09-2009, 02:28 AM
The Lakers have to come out and get tomorrow's game, if they can get tomorrow's game, the series is over.

Iron24th
06-09-2009, 02:30 AM

Is there something that you don't compare with a bulls series ???

Lakersfan2483
06-09-2009, 02:31 AM

The lakers have been very good this year in game 3 situations (Denver, Houston) ,but it's a tough task to win 3 games in a row against a good team like Orlando. All of that said, the lakers have a great chance especially if they can keep the game close and allow Kobe to work his magic down the stretch.

Iron24th
06-09-2009, 02:34 AM

I predict that we lose game 3,cause the refs will not let Orlando be down 0-3 or the series is over,but we'll take game 4.

The Magic will probably react in game 5,and we'll finish them at home in 6,like last year series for the celts.

This scenario is very likely.

Lakersfan2483
06-09-2009, 02:40 AM
A lot of people are conceding tomorrow night's game to Orlando, but LA has a great chance to win tomorrow's game. Orlando is going to try to get off to a great start early, but if LA can weather the storm and keep it close and or get a decent lead, they can definitely win tomorrow night.

Fool
06-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Once again, it's amazing that no credit is given to the Lakers after a win. It's all the refs and not the fact that the Lakers are just better, or atleast playing better.

Lakers80's
06-09-2009, 09:19 AM
another must win for the lakers,regardless if they're up 2-0....series is far from over!!!go lakers!!!!!!!

jimbobjarree
06-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Once again, it's amazing that no credit is given to the Lakers after a win. It's all the refs and not the fact that the Lakers are just better, or atleast playing better.

awwww cry my a river big guy

Iron24th
06-09-2009, 10:39 AM
A lot of people are conceding tomorrow night's game to Orlando, but LA has a great chance to win tomorrow's game. Orlando is going to try to get off to a great start early, but if LA can weather the storm and keep it close and or get a decent lead, they can definitely win tomorrow night.

Of course they can,refs will make our life hard tonight,but if we're focused we can win.

lakers4sho
06-09-2009, 10:45 AM
That's a major IF. I doubt it.

macc
06-09-2009, 11:03 AM
People are going to complain about the refs after every single game. My Magic lost fair and square in the first couple games. Yes there will always be questionable calls but that's not going to cost you the game. When you got a game comprised of offensive schemes, defensive schemes, getting offensive/defense rebounds, keeping turnovers down, taking good shots, not missing many defensive assignments, take good shots and make them. Draining your free throws, not getting into the penalty early, getting transistion buckets. There are simply just to many faucets of a game yet people say it's the refs fault.

I'm sorry but it wasn't a ref that missed the wide open layup by Courtney Lee.

Heres my prediction, reguardless of who wins tonight, I bet people complain about the refs. I know I'm going on a limb there saying that but I think that's whats gonna happen.

domz248
06-09-2009, 12:40 PM
People are going to complain about the refs after every single game. My Magic lost fair and square in the first couple games. Yes there will always be questionable calls but that's not going to cost you the game. When you got a game comprised of offensive schemes, defensive schemes, getting offensive/defense rebounds, keeping turnovers down, taking good shots, not missing many defensive assignments, take good shots and make them. Draining your free throws, not getting into the penalty early, getting transistion buckets. There are simply just to many faucets of a game yet people say it's the refs fault.

I'm sorry but it wasn't a ref that missed the wide open layup by Courtney Lee.

Heres my prediction, reguardless of who wins tonight, I bet people complain about the refs. I know I'm going on a limb there saying that but I think that's whats gonna happen.

It's over lakers got it it locked up better luck next season:clap: just enjoy seeing a player like kobe play

koreancabbage
06-09-2009, 01:01 PM
I predict that we lose game 3,cause the refs will not let Orlando be down 0-3 or the series is over,but we'll take game 4.

The Magic will probably react in game 5,and we'll finish them at home in 6,like last year series for the celts.

This scenario is very likely.

WTF? so basically you're saying the game is going to be rigged? yea okay...

i'm saying 4 game sweep by the Lakers just becuase Dwight Howard is still the shell of his former dominant self. he had no substance in the previous two games. and the self destruction of the ORlando team cuz the PG situation is killing them.

DrDEADalready
06-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Orlando should have won that game. That 2nd game of the series just proves to me 2 things. Either the nba is fixed! or the Refs straight up don't know how to do their job. And call correct calls. without favortism.

macc
06-09-2009, 01:11 PM
It's over lakers got it it locked up better luck next season:clap: just enjoy seeing a player like kobe play

Do you realize when people talk about the ignorant/arrogant Laker fans they are talking about people like you. Lakers are up 2-0. They did what they were supposed to do and won their two home games. Its funny how much you talk when the series could have very easily been 1-1 going into 3 games in Orlando. Most Laker fans realize this and respect it. Congrats on the first couple games. Playing in Orlando in front of a city who hasn't been to the finals in 14 years is a different monster all together. Soon you will see how a change in atmosphere alone makes a team play better.

jimbobjarree
06-09-2009, 01:45 PM
yep, its harsh on the few Laker fans I like to have to be assiciated with posters like that

Lakersfan2483
06-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Orlando should have won that game. That 2nd game of the series just proves to me 2 things. Either the nba is fixed! or the Refs straight up don't know how to do their job. And call correct calls. without favortism.

So, it was the officials fault that Orlando lost the game? Nevermind the fact that the Magic had two chances to win the game before regulation but 2 layups were missed? Nevermind the fact that they committed 20 turnovers, 2 of which were costly in overtime? Stop with the complaints about the officials after every game, the Magic had many opportunities to win game 2, but failed to do so and it wasn't because of the officiating. Based on your complaints, I suppose that Orlando lost game 1 because of the officiating as well.

madiaz3
06-09-2009, 01:55 PM

it went to ot, there was a blatant through the hoop goaltending by d12

Brooke
06-09-2009, 01:58 PM

so the refs are to blame? Are they to blame that the Magic missed two layups in the last minute of the game? Are they to blame for the 20 TOs also? Magic had every opportunity to win this game and they blew it

jimbobjarree
06-09-2009, 02:06 PM
yeah, pretty much

DrDEADalready
06-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Damn refs. If lakers win the championship. It will not count as far as I'm concerned. Just because of the fact the favortism of the calls for the lakers. It's a shame really that in order for them to win. they have to get calls in the favor. No I take that back. it's pathetic really. :pity:

DeadMemories
06-09-2009, 02:32 PM
good thing your opinion is worthless. Cry babies are the worst.

jimbobjarree
06-09-2009, 02:39 PM
ooo, we got a fiesty one here

clehmun
06-09-2009, 02:52 PM
Damn refs. If lakers win the championship. It will not count as far as I'm concerned. Just because of the fact the favortism of the calls for the lakers. It's a shame really that in order for them to win. they have to get calls in the favor. No I take that back. it's pathetic really. :pity:

yea man i totally agree. same thing for the clippers too! i swear the refs are out to get them. c'mon, they have zach randolph the beast! if it weren't for the refs fixing every game in their 82 game regular season, they'll for sure make the playoffs, and we'll be watching the clippers vs raptors in the finals right now! cuz we all know raptors never get any calls too! it's a shame.

DrDEADalready
06-09-2009, 02:54 PM
yea man i totally agree. same thing for the clippers too! i swear the refs are out to get them. c'mon, they have zach randolph the beast! if it weren't for the refs fixing every game in their 82 game regular season, they'll for sure make the playoffs, and we'll be watching the clippers vs raptors in the finals right now! cuz we all know raptors never get any calls too! it's a shame.

You my friend are a smart individual! :clap:

jimbobjarree
06-09-2009, 02:58 PM
I smell sarcasm

nd4T.O.
06-09-2009, 03:04 PM

When the lakers win...and nothing a Utah Jazz fan matters

jimbobjarree
06-09-2009, 03:06 PM
I think you need to learn how to string a sentence together first before talking smack young man

domz248
06-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Do you realize when people talk about the ignorant/arrogant Laker fans they are talking about people like you. Lakers are up 2-0. They did what they were supposed to do and won their two home games. Its funny how much you talk when the series could have very easily been 1-1 going into 3 games in Orlando. Most Laker fans realize this and respect it. Congrats on the first couple games. Playing in Orlando in front of a city who hasn't been to the finals in 14 years is a different monster all together. Soon you will see how a change in atmosphere alone makes a team play better.

you can go look at my post i called this out last year so dont call me a arrogant fan im a die hard laker fan... i just think it's funny that people try to avoid the fact that were a good team and that this series is over... You really think and one can stop kobe now ???:clap:

DrDEADalready
06-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Oh Jimbob. How I love you! :love:

nd4T.O.
06-09-2009, 03:11 PM
when did you become a english teacher hahaha...get with 2009 pops nobody uses complete sentences in here

jimbobjarree
06-09-2009, 03:29 PM
I know, but the second half of yours just slipped off into jibberish

'and nothing a Utah Jazz fan matters'

I fail to see what sense that makes?

Brooke
06-09-2009, 03:38 PM

maybe so BUT playing on the road doesnt scare the Lakers, they were the best road team this year for a reason. If they can win in Utah, Houston and twice in Denver they can win anywhere. Ever since Game 5 against Denver this has been a different team

ARMIN12NBA
06-09-2009, 03:53 PM
That's a major IF. I doubt it.

The Lakers being focused is a major if? You doubt the Lakers being focused? They are showing how focused they are during the press conferences. When the players and specifically Kobe are asked about Game 3, they are saying they are treating it as Game 1. When reporters ask them about how great the wins have felt, the Lakers are expressing that they "haven't done anything." I have never seen a more focused group.

ARMIN12NBA
06-09-2009, 03:56 PM

The Lakers did not get the favoritism in terms of calls. They only got 1 more free-throw and that was only because of the fouling in garbage time to prolong the game. In reality, the Magic got to the line more and got the advantage of most favorable calls.

Two out of bounds calls on the Lakers were actually (upon further replay) not out of bounds. There was a clean block by Pau on Howard in the 4th which was called a foul, but clearly was not. I can go on with about 6-7 more examples. Anyways, stop *****ing. This has been a pretty even series in terms of officiating.

ARMIN12NBA
06-09-2009, 03:58 PM

:laugh:

Funny thing is, is that throughout NBA history the Lakers have been known to get the short end of the stick. See: 60's Lakers and 1984 NBA Finals.

BTW--The Lakers do not have to get the calls in order to win. They did not even have a top 3 FT differential in the playoffs.

macc
06-09-2009, 03:59 PM
you can go look at my post i called this out last year so dont call me a arrogant fan im a die hard laker fan... i just think it's funny that people try to avoid the fact that were a good team and that this series is over... You really think and one can stop kobe now ???:clap:

Yes and I'm sure you were one of the Laker fans who were still talking all that junk in the finals last year...oh and what happened. Oh ya, you lost. You're just somone who never shuts up. Simple as that. You give Laker fans a bad rep.

macc
06-09-2009, 04:07 PM
maybe so BUT playing on the road doesnt scare the Lakers, they were the best road team this year for a reason. If they can win in Utah, Houston and twice in Denver they can win anywhere. Ever since Game 5 against Denver this has been a different team

Yes you're correct, they were number 1. Magic was number 2 road team in the league, but that wasn't my point in what I was saying to him. When somone comes off so snobbish about their team winning on their own court when in reality the series could have very easily been 1 -1, little help on a goal tend by Gasol and the series would be completely different right now. My point was why brag about that? If my team plays that bad on their home court, win or lose I'll still point out the fact that they played like crap, rather than arrogantly talking about how awsome they are for winning on their home court and that the series is over.

Game one was a blowout, talk about that but don't brag so much about a game that could have gone either way. Obviously the Lakers didn't want the Magic to have a shot at winning on the last possesion, the Magic weren't given anything, they had to work for that. Its simply not gonna be a cake walk in Orlando is all I'm saying.

If the Magic win tonight and on Thurs then it's a complete open series again. The Magic have been down in 2 out of 3 series so far. This isn't anything new to us.

Gibby23
06-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Yes you're correct, they were number 1. Magic was number 2 road team in the league, but that wasn't my point in what I was saying to him. When somone comes off so snobbish about their team winning on their own court when in reality the series could have very easily been 1 -1, little help on a goal tend by Gasol and the series would be completely different right now. My point was why brag about that? If my team plays that bad on their home court, win or lose I'll still point out the fact that they played like crap, rather than arrogantly talking about how awsome they are for winning on their home court and that the series is over.

Game one was a blowout, talk about that but don't brag so much about a game that could have gone either way. Obviously the Lakers didn't want the Magic to have a shot at winning on the last possesion, the Magic weren't given anything, they had to work for that. Its simply not gonna be a cake walk in Orlando is all I'm saying.

If the Magic win tonight and on Thurs then it's a complete open series again. The Magic have been down in 2 out of 3 series so far. This isn't anything new to us.
They haven't been down 2 games.

ARMIN12NBA
06-09-2009, 04:13 PM

1. It was not a goaltend. A) The ball had no chance to go in because the shot was long (the ball has to have a chance at going in...ex. ball is short while its going downward and player blocks it, then it is no goaltend because it is short), B) The rim did not shake and the rim was not affected.

BTW--How about a little help on Howard putting his hand literally through the basket. :eyebrow:

2. But it is not 1-1. That is the thing. A lot of people are saying, "well, it could have been 1-1." Well, it isn't and the Magic are in a huge hole (only 6% chance). Heck, they could have lost both games by 1 point, but it would not change the fact that they would be down 2-0 in a tough deficit to come back by.

The Magic have not been down 2-0. THAT is new to them.

ARMIN12NBA
06-09-2009, 04:15 PM
BTW-- :laugh2: @ people claiming at a goaltend when it clearly was not. Gotta love ABC and Mike Breen trying to stir controversy by bringing that up when the rule book states that it would not be called a goaltend. How about the two bad out of bounds calls? How about Howards bogus block? How about the foul by Rashard Lewis on Kobe? :laugh: Gotta love the east coast bias.

jimbobjarree
06-09-2009, 04:21 PM
I really hope Orlando get some home cookin tonight, they need everything they can get.

if they dont learn to adapt to howard getting triple teamed though this thing will be over pretty quickly

macc
06-09-2009, 04:51 PM
1. It was not a goaltend. A) The ball had no chance to go in because the shot was long (the ball has to have a chance at going in...ex. ball is short while its going downward and player blocks it, then it is no goaltend because it is short), B) The rim did not shake and the rim was not affected.

BTW--How about a little help on Howard putting his hand literally through the basket. :eyebrow:

2. But it is not 1-1. That is the thing. A lot of people are saying, "well, it could have been 1-1." Well, it isn't and the Magic are in a huge hole (only 6% chance). Heck, they could have lost both games by 1 point, but it would not change the fact that they would be down 2-0 in a tough deficit to come back by.

The Magic have not been down 2-0. THAT is new to them.

Ok you're missing my point as well. I'm not trying to debate if it was a goal tend or not. If it wasn't it was still an easy layup that Lee missed that could have made it 1-1. Yes you're right he didn't make it and its not 1-1. My point (for a 3rd time) was how can a guy be so arrogant when his team was so close to losing on their home court and is now guarenteeing victories. Thats why Laker fans get a bad rep.

Yes you're right that they haven't been down 2 but that's not what I said, my exact words where that they had been down in both series. It's not like their hopes are crushed now because LA won two games on their home court. Esp with the momentum that they almost stole one from La in LA with all their role players not really doing anything and still almost pulling out a victory. Literally the only players who scored were our big 3. Noone else had even a decent game. At home role players play more confortable and confident. Hopefully that equals a win tonight.

lakersrock
06-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Ok you're missing my point as well. I'm not trying to debate if it was a goal tend or not. If it wasn't it was still an easy layup that Lee missed that could have made it 1-1. Yes you're right he didn't make it and its not 1-1. My point (for a 3rd time) was how can a guy be so arrogant when his team was so close to losing on their home court and is now guarenteeing victories. Thats why Laker fans get a bad rep.

Yes you're right that they haven't been down 2 but that's not what I said, my exact words where that they had been down in both series. It's not like their hopes are crushed now because LA won two games on their home court. Esp with the momentum that they almost stole one from La in LA with all their role players not really doing anything and still almost pulling out a victory. Literally the only players who scored were our big 3. Noone else had even a decent game. At home role players play more confortable and confident. Hopefully that equals a win tonight.

...and if the refs had called a foul on Lewis for hitting Kobe's forearm before Hedo blocked it, it wouldn't have even went into OT. Fact is, LA is up 2-0, the Magic know they HAVE to win tonight and that puts the pressure on them and not on LA. I think LA comes out of the gates strong and if Orlando weathers the storm, they'll likely win. If not, they could let the terrible loss in Game 2 carry over and lead to a sweep.

lakers4sho
06-09-2009, 06:05 PM
The Lakers being focused is a major if? You doubt the Lakers being focused? They are showing how focused they are during the press conferences. When the players and specifically Kobe are asked about Game 3, they are saying they are treating it as Game 1. When reporters ask them about how great the wins have felt, the Lakers are expressing that they "haven't done anything." I have never seen a more focused group.

OK :rolleyes:

Kakaroach
06-09-2009, 06:12 PM
A major "stat" I suppose.
Dwight Howard : 1 Dunk in 2 games. From the way he played against the Cavs, it seemed like he had 5 DPG I guess lol.

jimbobjarree
06-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Is it just me, or does everyone think coming back home will improve Howards game, I think he'll be a beast tonight

ARMIN12NBA
06-09-2009, 07:39 PM
OK :rolleyes:

:confused:

jimbobjarree
06-09-2009, 07:41 PM
:confused:

:dance2:

ARMIN12NBA
06-09-2009, 07:46 PM
:dance2:

Again, what?

His point was that is is a "MAJOR IF" that the Lakers will be focused...Well, it's the NBA Finals and the Lakers have proven to be a focused bunch as of late in play and in demeanor. Not much more to say. The "OK plus rolleyes" is quite confusing. Not really a reply and I don't know what it means.

jimbobjarree
06-09-2009, 08:02 PM
everyone was doing smilies, I just wanted to be popular :hide:

Bullsfan22
06-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Dwight always smilling lol

Bullsfan22
06-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Aw the little girl did good

domz248
06-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Yes and I'm sure you were one of the Laker fans who were still talking all that junk in the finals last year...oh and what happened. Oh ya, you lost. You're just somone who never shuts up. Simple as that. You give Laker fans a bad rep.

2009 NBA champions Lakers .....

Bullsfan22
06-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Ohh look at the floridian cheerleaders yumm

RapToronto95
06-09-2009, 09:00 PM
that intro reminded me of KG and boston's. oh and wooohoo for those cheerleaders lol

Bullsfan22
06-09-2009, 09:03 PM
that intro reminded me of KG and boston's. oh and wooohoo for those cheerleaders lol

Yayahh

Squad13
06-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Nice move Kobe.

Squad13
06-09-2009, 09:30 PM
You're as cold as ice!!!!!!!1

LA412
06-09-2009, 09:34 PM
looks like its the Kobe/Raefer show tonight

Squad13
06-09-2009, 09:34 PM
4point play, once Orlando cools down... I like our chances.

AllTheWay
06-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Kobe is raping.

Squad13
06-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Kobe is raping.

Gotta be a better way to say that...

AllTheWay
06-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Pun intended.

LA412
06-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Magic just are not missing

championships
06-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Magic just are not missing

Yet the Lakers are still winning

macc
06-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Has either team missed yet?

Squad13
06-09-2009, 09:53 PM
What the hell was that?

LA412
06-09-2009, 09:55 PM
i mean dont get me wrong the magic are shooting well.........but look how open they are all the time

S.J.Basketball
06-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Magic are shooting incredible and are STILL down hahaha

JJ_JKidd
06-09-2009, 09:56 PM
The Lakers must treat every game in Orlando like its an elimination game... Like its game 7. Like its a "win or go home game". This 2-3-2 format is just so tricky...

GO L.A. :clap:

AllTheWay
06-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Once the magic cool off, it is overrrrr

S.J.Basketball
06-09-2009, 09:59 PM
The Magic still aren't missing lol

S.J.Basketball
06-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Rafer is playing well all of a sudden.

AllTheWay
Still bad defense by us.

AllTheWay
WHat a pass by Kobay

S.J.Basketball
I thought Bryant shot it theere for a second. Nice pass to Gasol.

S.J.Basketball
06-09-2009, 10:02 PM
LoL this game is crazy.

LA412
06-09-2009, 10:02 PM
this is ridiculous defense by the lakers........cant guard anything

LA412
06-09-2009, 10:03 PM
lakers offense isnt even playing that well..........its kobe doing everything

S.J.Basketball
06-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Dwight Howards Vitamin commercial is hilarious.

Aapox
06-09-2009, 10:04 PM
God NBA reffing is a ****ing joke. Yes, I'm talking about the no-call on that Pietrus travel, but it's so much more than that.

S.J.Basketball
06-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Bah He missed badly....

S.J.Basketball
06-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Good D Odom. Way to take the charge!!!

Squad13
06-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Fisher and Dwight are going to brawl, did he not see what Fish did to Scola ...:D

S.J.Basketball
06-09-2009, 10:08 PM
How was Pietrus labeled a defensive stopper? LoL the guy is getting schooled.

S.J.Basketball
06-09-2009, 10:09 PM
****ing Rashard ****ing lewis with the ****ing three.

S.J.Basketball
06-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Hahaha Fisher BETTER hit that!

S.J.Basketball
06-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Rashard lewis is ridiculous when he's hot.

S.J.Basketball
06-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Cmon Kobe. Hit another 4 point play!

AllTheWay
06-09-2009, 10:11 PM
What a stupid play by Dwight....why hit it out of bounds??

Squad13
06-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Orlando CAN'T continue to shoot this well, we will be fine. That was a charge by Dwight

macc
06-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Magic shooting 75% and only up 4. They can't keep letting Lakers get offensive rebounds. That's killing us right now. 75% is crazy though.

LA412
06-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Magic are shooting well because of the Lakers defense...........dont kid yourself and say the Magic have to cool off..........they are hot because we let them be hot

Squad13
06-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Magic are shooting well because of the Lakers defense...........dont kid yourself and say the Magic have to cool off..........they are hot because we let them be hot

Its both, they shot a finals high for a half, there is no possible way they continue to shoot 75% so yes they will cool down.

macc
06-09-2009, 10:18 PM
lakers offense isnt even playing that well..........its kobe doing everything

Which is fine by me because when it comes to crunch time Kobe will be hot but his players will all be cold.

jimbobjarree
06-09-2009, 10:19 PM
nice first half Magic. More of the same

macc
06-09-2009, 10:26 PM

No they are hot because they are making their "wide open" shots. They don't shoot many contested shots. Unfortunetly we don't have a Kobe Bryant on our team who can shoot through anyone. When our team has ball movement and play fast they can't lose.

Lakersfan2483
06-09-2009, 10:29 PM
What hurt us in the first half was not getting out to the Magic's shooters and Gasol getting into foul trouble. The start to the 3rd quarter is the key, if we come out hard, we can get a hold of this game again.

Bob_at_york
06-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Damn... that family's story was heart-warming. That was an amazing story.

Lakersfan2483
06-09-2009, 10:32 PM
The Magic were hot in the 1st half and on top of that the laker players had a lot of blown assignments on defense.. LA's defense has to improve in the 2nd half.

macc
06-09-2009, 10:32 PM

I'm still in tears right now thinking about it.

AllTheWay
06-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Look at Shaws pimp suit.

and Magic 21-24 from inside the arc....

AllTheWay
06-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Kobe draws the foul!

Stupid Lee

AllTheWay
Missing Fts?????

LA412
kobe cant hit damn fts this game

AllTheWay
06-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Kobe nearly missed 3 fts

avsman05
06-09-2009, 10:46 PM
good game so far. What happened to Kobe 17 in the first and 4 in the second and that was off 1 play?

jimbobjarree
06-09-2009, 10:47 PM

what was it about

all we had was kobe and gortats journeys to the nba

NotVeryOriginal
Kobe gets preferential treatment?

Come on tell me he does...:rolleyes:

There was no call there

macc
Kobe is trying to do to much

Eagles_Guy
06-09-2009, 10:53 PM
The Magic are out playing the Lakers tonight, Lakers are having one of those "Kobe will take care of it" nights.

LA412
06-09-2009, 10:53 PM
superman getting all of the calls now

LA412
06-09-2009, 10:55 PM
damnit kobe hit your fts..........wtf

macc
06-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Not gonna lie, the Lakers play some great D on Howard. Not giving him anything easy downlow.

Squad13
06-09-2009, 11:06 PM
That was off battie.

AllTheWay
06-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Cmon Lakeshow!

Fool
06-09-2009, 11:11 PM
awwww cry my a river big guy

:laugh: you guys are the ones that are crying about it. waaah, gasol touched the rim. I'm calling you out on your ridiculous hate, incredible bias, and sometimes straight up stupidity.

hypocritical statement there.

Lakersfan2483
06-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Lamar Odom has been a no show tonight, where is the guy that created the thread about Odom? I like Odom, but he's inconsistent, 3 pts. tonight and no impact.

LA412
06-09-2009, 11:12 PM
refs are so inconsistent with how much contact they allow

LA412
06-09-2009, 11:13 PM
well we lose.........terrible defense........better play different in game 4 and 5 or we go back to LA down 3-2

Lakersfan2483
06-09-2009, 11:17 PM
You know it's a good night if Pietrus is hitting a fadeway jumper. lol. The lakers still have a chance, just keep it close.

AllTheWay
06-09-2009, 11:28 PM
3 point game folks

lakerboy
06-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Come on we're making shots and the refs are giving them FTs

AllTheWay
06-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Gasol gonna tie it up right now,

lakerboy
06-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Come on PAU!!

Squad13
06-09-2009, 11:39 PM
Knock them down!

Lakersfan2483
06-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Why did Kobe shoot that 3 right there?

AllTheWay
Wow that was clear offensive interference

Lakersfan2483
Kobe should have attacked and or found the open man.

Fool
06-09-2009, 11:41 PM
talk about goal tending...

Cubs Win
Superstar call? :eyebrow:

ManRam
I formally apologize to Rafer Alston, I mean Skip. He proved me wrong tonight. He played more like Skip, attacking the hoop and creating plays and less like Rafer, who loves to jack up shots. I was wrong for campaigning for Jameer.

AllTheWay
Gasolllllll

AllTheWay
06-09-2009, 11:42 PM
That was a clear 2 and they give em 3?

Cubs Win
06-09-2009, 11:42 PM
That was very, very clutch! (But definitely a two).

Cubs Win
06-09-2009, 11:43 PM
That was a clear 2 and they give em 3?

Chill dude, they only gave him a 2.

AllTheWay
06-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Chill my *** this is the finals

beans439
was gasols layup a foul also?

icon1914
Magic... make this a series worth watching.

beans439
06-09-2009, 11:45 PM
i like that he went to the rack. we dont need a 3 yet.

Cubs Win
Definitely NOT a foul on Howard! Kobe gets a call whenever he needs it.

icon1914
What foul?

ManRam
Everyone and their mothers know I hate referee whining...

But Kobe has gotten a ton of calls these last two games late in the games...

Missing it is karma.

AllTheWay
WHat. The. ****/

beans439
06-09-2009, 11:46 PM
kobe gonna make up for that miss real quick. three pointer kobe next poss

icon1914
I just wanna see a good finals... and good way to end these great playoffs... if the Magic lose this series is all but over.

Cubs Win
I'm glad Kobe missed that first one. He didn't deserve to even shoot it. Shoulda been a jump ball or a clean block for Howard.

AllTheWay
06-09-2009, 11:47 PM
Everyone and their mothers know I hate referee whining...

But Kobe has gotten a ton of calls these last two games late in the games...

Missing it is karma.

Are you kidding me? The reffing has been completely even.....

beans439
Definitely NOT a foul on Howard! Kobe gets a call whenever he needs it.

wow, thats a terrible statement. you must not watch many laker games. its cool though

dawkinit
wow kobe not so clutch...wonder if the 5 misses will stick in his head for future games

ManRam
06-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Are you kidding me? The reffing has been completely even.....

It has been a evenly officiated game. But all I'm saying is Kobe has gotten 3 calls late in these last two games where replay clearly showed he didn't deserve it. It's not big deal, because Orlando has a shot to still win tonight, and had a shot to win last night. The refs never determine the outcomes of the game as far as I'm concerned...but he's drawn some iffy ones.

Shard has to go harder on that play.

Cubs Win
wow, thats a terrible statement. you must not watch many laker games. its cool though

I've watch plenty of it in the playoffs. It's cool to know that your a homer though.

Bullsfan22
Refs gave the lakers a point

Lakersfan2483
Gasol was fouled and no call, it balances out

AllTheWay
06-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Laker ball

S.J.Basketball
HOLY **** this is intense man!

ManRam
I ****ing love pietrus!!!

S.J.Basketball
Bryant.......he knows he blew it man

beans439
06-09-2009, 11:50 PM
gasol gotta call timeout right there

Cubs Win
Kobe coughs it up! Pietrus and Lee have done an excellent job on him since the 1st quarter.

m26555
Brings back memories of what Nick Anderson did to Jordan back in '95.

beans439
well kobe blew it with that miss

AllTheWay
It has been a evenly officiated game. But all I'm saying is Kobe has gotten 3 calls late in these last two games where replay clearly showed he didn't deserve it. It's not big deal, because Orlando has a shot to still win tonight, and had a shot to win last night. The refs never determine the outcomes of the game as far as I'm concerned...but he's drawn some iffy ones.

Shard has to go harder on that play.

and Dwight and the rest of the Magic have not?

ManRam
Lee and Pietrus, besides biting on numerous pump fakes, played much better defense on Kobe tonight.

Kobe is coming up short...but this is far from over.

dawkinit
06-09-2009, 11:51 PM
gasol gotta call timeout right there

yeah i dunno what he was thinkin with that girly pass to bryant

Cubs Win
Lee and Pietrus, besides biting on numerous pump fakes, played much better defense on Kobe tonight.

Kobe is coming up short...but this is far from over.

I agree 100%.

icon1914
Brings back memories of what Nick Anderson did to Jordan back in '95.

The only memory I have of Nick is those four missed free throws in 95 that changed the course of Magic history.

Lets not mention Nick Anderson ever again.

ManRam
06-09-2009, 11:52 PM
and Dwight and the rest of the Magic have not?

Late in this game??? No. They haven't.

I'm saying it's even, I'm just saying that in the last minute of last night's game, Kobe drew two bad calls IMO. He drew one tonight. But I agree, it always evens out...which is why I hate whiners, and hate whining. Let it go. I'm trying to let it go.

ManRam
06-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Brick.

m26555
06-09-2009, 11:53 PM
The only memory I have of Nick is those four missed free throws in 95 that changed the course of Magic history.

Lets not mention Nick Anderson ever again.
Nick Anderson. :D

m26555
06-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Kobe has come up VERY small down the stretch. That was a horrible shot.

ManRam
06-09-2009, 11:54 PM

Nick Anderson. :cry::cry::cry::cry::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::spee chless::speechless::speechless:

Cubs Win
Game over?

ManRam
OMG.

Grab a ****ing rebound.

Phew...

Havoc Wreaker
06-09-2009, 11:55 PM
If Fisher made that 3 I would've jumped on the Lakers Bandwagon

dawkinit
wow that was ugly

Cubs Win
Haha, did you see Skip 2 My Lou with the cone talking to Hedo? :laugh:

AllTheWay
06-09-2009, 11:56 PM
he fouled him at .5, ball went in at .8

S.J.Basketball
Yea it's over. Good effort by the Lakers though. Game 3 goes to the Magic.

GspLAL
Oh well, I expected Magic to win this one and they did and played well while Lakers defense was crap, on to game 4.

NYMetros
Game over. Good job, Orlando.

jimbobjarree
Pietrus, so clutch at both ends. Kobe could learn something from him, missing free throws :pity:

Cubs Win
06-09-2009, 11:57 PM
he fouled him at .5, ball went in at .8

:laugh2: :laugh: Not at all buddy. Game over. :D

Lakersfan2483
The Lakers could have easily won this game, a lot of mistakes at the end. Kobe didn't execute down the stretch and cost us.

AllTheWay
Kinda expected this game to go to the magic. Game 5 is the lakers. Magic had to play a near perfect game here to win a close game.

MJ-BULLS
magic win!!:)

JordansBulls
06-09-2009, 11:58 PM
The Lakers could have easily won this game, a lot of mistakes at the end. Kobe didn't execute down the stretch and cost us.

But who wants to see a sweep anyway?

icon1914

Just think... they were up by three in Game 1 of the Finals in 95... one of those free throws could have won that game. If they had won maybe the course of Magic History might have changed. Shaq might have stayed... Nick Anderson might of had a few more successful seasons... but hey.... they are back now... no more Nick Anderson talk.

NYMetros
Kinda expected this game to go to the magic. Game 5 is the lakers. Magic had to play a near perfect game here to win a close game.

Orlando didn't play perfect at all. Their defense was terrible.

Lakersfan2483
All we need is one game in Orlando, and we can finish it in LA.

ManRam
Pietrus, so clutch at both ends. Kobe could learn something from him, missing free throws :pity:

Pietrus>>>Kobe...

...for the last one minute of that game.

GspLAL

Perhaps you can teach Kobe?