PDA

View Full Version : Rafer Alston SUCKS

-BigT901
06-08-2009, 01:44 AM
No offfense, but this guy is garbage. I really think that he has wrecked your chance of becoming champs. He jacks up way to many threes, his defense sucks, and is very inconsistent. Youre better off starting Jameer with Tyrone Lue behind him at this point.

Skip to my Lou needs to skip his way out of Orlando..

dos132
06-08-2009, 04:30 AM
No offfense, but this guy is garbage. I really think that he has wrecked your chance of becoming champs. He jacks up way to many threes, his defense sucks, and is very inconsistent. Youre better off starting Jameer with Tyrone Lue behind him at this point.

:up::clap:
much better to start jameer... rather than rafer...:smoking:

ManRam
06-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Amen. He air balled a completely wide open three pointer last night. He missed three open shots in a row in a span of one minute. After that, he was benched for pretty much the rest of the game.

He is arguably the worst shooting guard (PG or SG) in the league.

Nelson needs to start, and we need to go with our no-point guard lineup late in games.

Rafer is horrendous.

MAC10TIZZY
06-08-2009, 12:53 PM
ya he helped us get back on track, but what good is that if you disapear when it counts....................boooooooooooooooooooo rafer

sNaKeS
06-08-2009, 01:21 PM
ya he helped us get back on track, but what good is that if you disapear when it counts....................boooooooooooooooooooo rafer

The same can be said for courtney lee, the damn choke artist!!!!

macc
06-08-2009, 01:25 PM
You guys do forget that that scrub got us to the finals. I think putting Nelson back in was a mistake and it's messing with our substituion rotation patters. We all know how streaky Rafer is and he has missed alot of wide open shots but there have been times where he's been our only offense. Nelson is moving and passing well but he's passing up alot of open looks from the top of the key, that alone is hurting us because Rafer or AJ would be shooting them. I think AJ is getting screwed in this hole deal. He was playing solid and making his open jump shots. Now we have this disaray with Nelson playing to many min, taking away from Rafer and taking all of AJ's.

I just wish we would stick with what got us to the finals. Switching it up and trying to "find ourselves" is what's killing us now. The lineups I've seen on the floor for the finals are lineups I haven't seen all year. Granted you have to adjust to the team you're playing but it's like Stan is just trying to see what's working and whats not.

In any case I say we go back to Rafer and AJ. Nelson is playing good but not taking his open shots because i'm sure he's lacking confidence. One thing we can't have is players who aren't completely confident in their shot right now.

Trust me I get frusterated as well when I see Skip air balling a more then wide open 3, but even with his bad shooting we could have easily won the game with Lee's layup (either of them). Stick to what got us here. Just my opinion.

Luv Da New Pack
06-08-2009, 02:25 PM
You guys do forget that that scrub got us to the finals. I think putting Nelson back in was a mistake and it's messing with our substituion rotation patters. .

Do you think the others are better than Jameer? I agree that adding Nelson may have been a mistake. I don't know about keeping him out of the series (maybe game 3 or 4 to test) but when you have a matchup that's working you don't mess with it.

JNore151
06-08-2009, 02:36 PM
the way i see it, the reason we got here is because our team is just that good and all we needed was an upgrade frm AJ. rafer gets his points this post season, but on way too many shots and he keeps shooting as if he is ray allen or something, he is a career 35% shooter......smh...come on man....quit while ur ahead....and if u aint hitting shots than STOP shooting, we got other weapons.....i think him and reddick lost the game for us last nite.....c.lee isnt a coke artist, i mean hes been great ALL YEAR, he missed 2 shots, he deserves a break......we can still win this!!!!!! rafer is gonna keep shooting so lets just hope he starts hitting those shots......

rapjuicer06
06-08-2009, 02:44 PM
you can't put the blame on any one player. they were in a situation to win, and they lost as a team. if lee could have stepped up and made that lay-up no one would be saying any of this about rafer. don't panic just yet, we're heading home and dwight will come out with a fire lit under his *** and he'll take over game three

macc
06-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Do you think the others are better than Jameer? I agree that adding Nelson may have been a mistake. I don't know about keeping him out of the series (maybe game 3 or 4 to test) but when you have a matchup that's working you don't mess with it.

Trust me I think Nelson is great but he's been out since Feb. He's not that confident in his shot right now. He passed up like 5 open shots that I noticed last night, when you have a pg passing up open shots that's hurting our team.

I just think its to late to insert Nelson. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

rapjuicer06
06-08-2009, 02:52 PM
well someone just needs to tell nelson if hes going to be on the court, he needs to play like he always has. shoot the ball when your open or don't play....simple as that

lakerboy
06-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Hard to say yet. Role players usually only play well at home. You'll see the next two, three games.

MagicDojo
06-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Hard to say yet. Role players usually only play well at home. You'll see the next two, three games.

I love Jameer but I think it was a mistake to change the rotation that worked for 20 previous playoff games and the second half of the season. AJohnson played well. He makes very few mistakes and is a veteran. Rafer does other things besides shooting, when he is playing well he collapses defenses easily as he did in game 3. Expect more of the same tonight.
If Jameer is not producing because he is rusty then put in AJ.

MagicDojo
06-11-2009, 10:27 AM

Obviously you are new to the Magic. Tlue has played about 5 games. Anthony Johnson has been the second guard since March. If youare going to jump onto the bandwagon at the last minute at least know what you are talking about before saying Rafer sucks.

Gdubbz
06-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Cant we wait till after the Finals to complain?

Alston has done the best he can. I think hes played quite solid. Where in the Finals not because Rafer sucks. c'mon.

chillaxin
06-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Wow no love for the guy who saved Orlando's season? I'm pretty sure that Orlando looked pretty scary bad when Nelson went down. Skip came in and picked the team back up. I think Nelson is a great player, but he might be getting too many minutes as of right now. If he starts shooting the ball like he was in the regular season, no doubt put him in. But Skip is a pretty decent pg when he isn't doing the Rucker Park moves ;)

EX-TREME
06-11-2009, 07:10 PM
well alston were the guy who saved our season. but nelson will be starter next year.

MagicBucsSox
06-11-2009, 07:28 PM
what did we trade keith bogans for

EX-TREME
06-11-2009, 08:06 PM
what did we trade keith bogans for

Tyronn Lue