PDA

View Full Version : missing persons report in orlando!!!

MAC10TIZZY
06-07-2009, 09:48 PM
young black man, named rafer alston, has an alias of "skip to my lou", if you or anyone you know, knows anything about his whereabout's please return him to the orlando magic, he has been missing since thursday...

MagicBucsSox
06-08-2009, 01:19 AM
and stan van gundy is the number one suspect in the case

S.J.Basketball
06-08-2009, 05:15 AM
Skip to my lou skipped town! Yea I know. That sucked.

ManRam
06-08-2009, 12:20 PM
young black man, named rafer alston, has an alias of "skip to my lou", if you or anyone you know, knows anything about his whereabout's please return him to the orlando magic, he has been missing since thursday...

He's been missing since 5/26. I'd say he's been missing the whole post-season, besides making two appearances in the Cleveland series.

and stan van gundy is the number one suspect in the case

Don't blame him. I'd hide him on the bench if he was shooting 36% and averaging 4 assists a game too.

sNaKeS
06-08-2009, 01:19 PM
UPDATE: There are now two players missing from the orlando magic team. After missing two layups that would have won orlando the game and tied the series at 1-1, courtney lee did not return to the hotel in which the magic were staying at. He was last seen *choking* on his pain medicine in the locker room after the game.

Luv Da New Pack
06-08-2009, 02:19 PM
How are you going to call out the coaching philosophy and claim you need more minutes when you do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when you get them?

JNore151
06-08-2009, 02:43 PM
i mean fo real, we shouldve got kyle lowry instead......

rapjuicer06
06-08-2009, 02:58 PM
oh my god you guys seriously....ITS BEEN 2 ****ING GAMES!!!! PULL YOURSELVES TOGETHER!!!!. we are heading home, we'll start doing better, and we should have won last night, just take it easy

MagicBucsSox
06-08-2009, 05:51 PM
where the hell are our guards PERIOD??????????????????????
start pietrus and play aj

rapjuicer06
06-09-2009, 12:55 AM
^^ agree with pietrus, not soo much on aj, but maybe give him a couple min here and there wouldn't hurt. when fish is in aj should be in, and only then

E.O.21
06-09-2009, 01:33 AM
I think all those guys that are "missing" will show up in their home court

ManRam
06-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Pietrus needs to get more minutes than Lee. He needs starter minutes. He's much better defensively, and just as good/probably better offensively. I want to see Alston and Nelson on short leashes. If they both struggle again, go back to the no-PG lineup like SVG did in game 2. I feel like one of them will show up tonight at home though. At least I pray to ****ing God that one of them shows up.

ManRam
06-10-2009, 12:11 AM
I officially apologize to Rafer Alston...err...Skip To My Lou. He played amazingly tonight. He played more like Skip, and less like Rafer in the sense that he didn't settle for crappy shots, and instead attacked the hoop and scored by doing that. Rafer is the shooter, Skip is the play maker. Skip showed up...and I'm happy about that. Still needs to settle down at times...made some horrible passes.

But great game Skip. Great game...

MagicBucsSox
06-10-2009, 12:34 AM
ya boy jameer just comes in does nothing, and turn balls over to the lakers, i want him gon so bad. dont jock skip now
remember "he does nothing for us" your such a crab you hate on us all day til we win. and ya dwight did his thing when he got one on one coverage

rapjuicer06
06-10-2009, 12:44 AM
nelson won't be gone, he's too valuable to the team, just drop it man

ManRam
06-10-2009, 12:46 AM
ya boy jameer just comes in does nothing, and turn balls over to the lakers, i want him gon so bad. dont jock skip now
remember "he does nothing for us" your such a crab you hate on us all day til we win. and ya dwight did his thing when he got one on one coverage

I still think you are absolutely crazy if you think Skip is a better player than Jameer. There is not one stat in the world that suggests he is better than Jameer. Whatever...

And Howard had a good game, but far from dominant. He looked better, but still did most of his damage from the FT line.

It's no secret I hate Rafer, and am critical of Howard (like most the rest of the world). I'm not going to "jock skip now". I still think he's a bad player. I don't hate on the Magic, I hate on Rafer, and tell it like it is with Howard. I picked against the Magic vs. the Cavs...shoot me. You need to get over it bro.

I mean, you must be the perfect fan. You've never even been to Florida...

MagicBucsSox
06-10-2009, 02:24 AM
yea we've seen his value since he's went down
lol whats does me never being to florida have to do with anything. you dont support your team thru adversity. philly u hated,boston u really hated, cleveland i thought you were lebron baby mama!!!!! but wehn we win your the first one posting etc etc. you can hate on d12 all you want the boy is in uncharted waters and is balling as much as a guy can being triple teamed. your boy nelson needs to be sat for aj, i mean its the reason you have 30+ guys on your roster with finals experience twice

MagicBucsSox
06-10-2009, 11:03 AM
alston isnt a bad player, bynum is bad,oden is bad,kwame is bad

ManRam
06-10-2009, 11:15 AM
yea we've seen his value since he's went down
lol whats does me never being to florida have to do with anything. you dont support your team thru adversity. philly u hated,boston u really hated, cleveland i thought you were lebron baby mama!!!!! but wehn we win your the first one posting etc etc. you can hate on d12 all you want the boy is in uncharted waters and is balling as much as a guy can being triple teamed. your boy nelson needs to be sat for aj, i mean its the reason you have 30+ guys on your roster with finals experience twice

The only time I "hate" is when Dwight struggles. I'm not content with his pathetic games...and if me demanding better play from him makes me a bad fan, I don't know what a good fan is. He is not in uncharted waters yet. He has the potential to be the best big man ever, but bottom line, his offense is lacking. Every basketball "expert" has been saying the same thing over the last few days. Just because I'm a Magic fan doesn't mean I have to blindly act like he's the best. Yes, Jameer is struggling. I was wrong. Sit him. That's fine. But if you expect Rafer to play like he did in game 3 again, well, it's not going to happen. If you expect to see Alston starting next year, well, again, it's not happening. We've been the underdog for every series but one now. Sorry if I'm a Magic fan who has lived through nothing but losing, while still going out to watch them play and support them when the arena was half full. Sorry if I'm a Red Sox fan who before a few years ago thought my team was cursed. I'm used to losing. I'm rarely optimistic. That doesn't make me a bad fan. I've been posting here since they were an 8th seed well over two years ago. So yeah...you're right...I'm only around when we win. Riiiiight.

MagicDojo
06-10-2009, 02:19 PM
The only time I "hate" is when Dwight struggles. I'm not content with his pathetic games...and if me demanding better play from him makes me a bad fan, I don't know what a good fan is. He is not in uncharted waters yet. He has the potential to be the best big man ever, but bottom line, his offense is lacking. Every basketball "expert" has been saying the same thing over the last few days. Just because I'm a Magic fan doesn't mean I have to blindly act like he's the best. Yes, Jameer is struggling. I was wrong. Sit him. That's fine. But if you expect Rafer to play like he did in game 3 again, well, it's not going to happen. If you expect to see Alston starting next year, well, again, it's not happening. We've been the underdog for every series but one now. Sorry if I'm a Magic fan who has lived through nothing but losing, while still going out to watch them play and support them when the arena was half full. Sorry if I'm a Red Sox fan who before a few years ago thought my team was cursed. I'm used to losing. I'm rarely optimistic. That doesn't make me a bad fan. I've been posting here since they were an 8th seed well over two years ago. So yeah...you're right...I'm only around when we win. Riiiiight.

Pathetic games? You must not have ever played basketball. And surely you must not have been a Magic fan when Greg Kite or Danny Shayes were our centers. His offense is not bad. He is double and triple teamed every time he gets ready to shoot and is intentionally hacked. Thats why he goes to the line so much. If they didn't foul him he would have the highest shooting percentage in the nba.
He led the league in free throw attemts which means he is the most fouled player in the NBA.
How many other players this season averaged more than 21 points in the NBA? 19 is the answer.
How many players had higher than his 57% shooting (while playing at least 75 games)? 3 is the answer.
He did this while maintaining the number one spot for offensive rebounds and defensive rebounds.
He is the only player to get more than 1000 rebounds (1093). Also the only player to get more that 900 (closest to him had 863).
He led the league in blocks (231) and the next closest had 175.

You don't have to "blindly act like he is the best" but to use words like lacking...and pathetic....
Can he get better? yes.
Is he already better than most players will ever hope to be? yes

Well done whoever found Rafer and returned him to the arena. And right now he is better than Jameer. I think AJohnson is better than Jameer right now. However when Jameer gets healthy and back in the swing he will be the starter again. He was pretty invisible last night though and Rafer was really pushing the ball and causing havoc in their defense.

tugboat424
06-10-2009, 03:49 PM
I love Dwight. I think he is a dominant big man, and ONE of the top centers in the game right now. And I believe this all while I also believe his offense is sub par. His defense, and just his presence in the paint on the other end, set him apart from a lot of other centers. WHEN his offense catches up to his defense, he will be unreal.

Has he gotten better? Absolutely. In the sixers series I thought he played well offensively. Against Boston? Not so much - but Perk is a great post defender. Game 6 against Cleveland - just glimpses of what I think will come from him.

I am not as worried now that when he throws up the hook shot he will shatter the backboard. He's come a long way, but there is still a long ways for him to go. He doesn't have the feel or the finesse of other post scorers like Duncan or Yao. He struggles passing out of double teams. But I think this is all coming. I think next year, we will see a more refined Dwight Howard offensively. He does a number of good things, but right now, I still don't feel comfortable all the time throwing him the ball in the post when he's not gonna get an easy dunk.

And you know, maybe Dwight will never pick up that other-level basketball IQ and offensive feel - he could still be the most dominant center ever though due to his athletic ability and strength. If he can master the offensive end, well....he could be playing into his late 30's and still be effective the way he conditions himself.

As for the PG spot....come on. Rafer has done some great things for us. However, Jameer is an ALL-STAR. Obviously he hasn't played super right now, he hasn't played meaningful basketball since february. His shooting ability and overall playmaking ability was tremendous when he played. I jsut don't understand people saying we're better off with Rafer. I like Rafer....but Jameer is a GREAT young point guard. He will be the starter next year and for years to come. He fits perfect with this attack.

ManRam
06-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Pathetic games? You must not have ever played basketball. And surely you must not have been a Magic fan when Greg Kite or Danny Shayes were our centers. His offense is not bad. He is double and triple teamed every time he gets ready to shoot and is intentionally hacked. Thats why he goes to the line so much. If they didn't foul him he would have the highest shooting percentage in the nba.
He led the league in free throw attemts which means he is the most fouled player in the NBA.
How many other players this season averaged more than 21 points in the NBA? 19 is the answer.
How many players had higher than his 57% shooting (while playing at least 75 games)? 3 is the answer.
He did this while maintaining the number one spot for offensive rebounds and defensive rebounds.
He is the only player to get more than 1000 rebounds (1093). Also the only player to get more that 900 (closest to him had 863).
He led the league in blocks (231) and the next closest had 175.

You don't have to "blindly act like he is the best" but to use words like lacking...and pathetic....
Can he get better? yes.
Is he already better than most players will ever hope to be? yes

Well done whoever found Rafer and returned him to the arena. And right now he is better than Jameer. I think AJohnson is better than Jameer right now. However when Jameer gets healthy and back in the swing he will be the starter again. He was pretty invisible last night though and Rafer was really pushing the ball and causing havoc in their defense.

Pau Gasol is my least favorite player in the NBA. I always joke around about what I'd do if I had one bullet. He often is the answer...

However, I'd take Gasol's offense over Howard's right now. You can force feed the ball into him, and expect him to score. Howard isn't there yet. Obviously he is a star...and better than any center we've had besides Shaq. But like Magic Johnson, and JA Adande said last night...you have to wonder if anything Ewing is teaching him is paying off. Yes he shoots for a high percentage. That doesn't mean he's a go to scorer. Until he is, I'm not content. He has all the athletic ability in the world. There is no reason he can't score consistently when he gets the ball in bad positions. Right now, he only can consistently score if he gets the ball below the hoop, and can dunk it. When he has to dribble, he's in trouble. Every star gets doubled and tripled. It still doesn't stop them.

Howard is above average offensively, but far from elite. If you don't think he is lacking offensive skills...YOU haven't played basketball. I just want him to grow, and I've seen very little of it offensively over the last 2 years. His passing is slightly better...but that's it. I just want him to be the dominant force he can be. It's frustrating watch him not be a go-to scorer...and not get the ball late in games. Don't you want to see him get the ball late in games, and carry a team offensively??? I do. Unfortanately, that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

ManRam
06-10-2009, 03:53 PM
I love Dwight. I think he is a dominant big man, and ONE of the top centers in the game right now. And I believe this all while I also believe his offense is sub par. His defense, and just his presence in the paint on the other end, set him apart from a lot of other centers. WHEN his offense catches up to his defense, he will be unreal.

Has he gotten better? Absolutely. In the sixers series I thought he played well offensively. Against Boston? Not so much - but Perk is a great post defender. Game 6 against Cleveland - just glimpses of what I think will come from him.

I am not as worried now that when he throws up the hook shot he will shatter the backboard. He's come a long way, but there is still a long ways for him to go. He doesn't have the feel or the finesse of other post scorers like Duncan or Yao. He struggles passing out of double teams. But I think this is all coming. I think next year, we will see a more refined Dwight Howard offensively. He does a number of good things, but right now, I still don't feel comfortable all the time throwing him the ball in the post when he's not gonna get an easy dunk.

And you know, maybe Dwight will never pick up that other-level basketball IQ and offensive feel - he could still be the most dominant center ever though due to his athletic ability and strength. If he can master the offensive end, well....he could be playing into his late 30's and still be effective the way he conditions himself.

Finally a Magic fan that doesn't think Dwight's **** doesn't stink and that he is already as good as Shaq was. Very well said. :clap::clap:

PS. That hook shot was scary in the Celtics series. Really scary. It's been a little better since.

And you make a good point about age. He wont be around as long as guys like Robinson, Hakeem, and even Shaq until he develops the skill. I'm scared to see what happens when his athleticism dwindles. Right now, it might be bad. But I'm sure he'll develop the skill needed to play well into his 30s.

MagicDojo
06-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Don't forget guys he is young. If he had gone to college this would be his rookie season. Anyone been around long enough to see young Karl Malone?
He never had a jumper until about his 7th year.

I think he (D12) would have worked on a jumper last summer if not for the Olympics. He did try that Timmy Duncan banker a few times this season. And this year we are still playing in June (not complaining). but hopefully 3 months off will be enough for Patrick Ewing to teach him how to shoot a jumper this summer. Once he has that he cannot be guarded the way he is now. His free throws are looking better all the time.

All I know is I am glad to have him on my team and I hope he retires in Orlando with 12 rings.