PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard is one of the NBA's most likeable stars, yet Shaq continues to rip him?

Lakersfan2483
06-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Source: Yahoo Sports

Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-shaqhoward060509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

How do you all feel about Shaq continuing to rip one of the league's brightest young talents? The latest incident has O'neal posting a negative pic. of both Van Gundy and Howard on his Twitter page. Personally, I think it's childish for a man that has accomplished so much in his career to continue to publicly criticize one of the nicest guys in the NBA. It's clear Shaq can't stand to be out of the public eye and rather then embracing Howard he continues to look foolish by constantly taking verbal jabs at him every chance he gets.

*Note: the writer asked Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to chime in on the latest Shaq incident and he offered his thoughts on O'neal and his immature behavior.

JordansBulls
06-06-2009, 01:31 PM
I told you the whole reason he is cheering for Kobe is he doesn't want to see Dwight win the title in Orlando because Dwight took his nickname of "superman" and then it will take away from whatever Shaq did for Orlando.

For most, O’Neal’s motives are transparent. Somehow, Shaq thinks it diminishes his own legacy if Howard achieves something significant sooner than he did.

“That’s why Shaq wants [Howard] to get swept in the Finals,” a league source close with Howard and O’Neal said Friday. “He doesn’t want Dwight to win a game because he didn’t win a game in the Finals when he got there at a young age with Orlando.”

:pity:

Brooke
06-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Shaq and this stuff with him is getting old. It is obvious why he is doing this, he needs to grow up

he tried buddying up to Kobe and it didnt work and now he bashes Dwight and it just makes him look worse

Lakersfan2483
06-06-2009, 01:34 PM
I told you the whole reason he is cheering for Kobe is he doesn't want to see Dwight win the title in Orlando because Dwight took his nickname of "superman" and then it will take away from whatever Shaq did for Orlando.

:clap: I agree completely, I knew Shaq had an alterior motive in terms of pulling for Kobe to win it all. Shaq just can't stand to see other people doing well.

EX-TREME
06-06-2009, 01:35 PM
it's crazy that a 24 year old is more mature than a 37 year old. shaq is afraid that howard will lead magic to a championship.

magichatnumber9
06-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Shaq has just done something else to kill his rep.

IRUAM #21
06-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Shaq needs to stfu, cant stand this guy.

GHGHCP
06-06-2009, 02:03 PM
This is the pic if anyone hasn't seen it yet.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/shaq-dwight-howard-twitter.jpg

Chi-Town Finest
06-06-2009, 02:06 PM
Shaq is becoming quite classless.

MJ-BULLS
06-06-2009, 02:07 PM
it's crazy that a 24 year old is more mature than a 37 year old. shaq is afraid that howard will lead magic to a championship.

yep :nod: shaq should stop this it getting kinda thumb

Kyle916
06-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Give it up Shaq...

MagicBucsSox
06-06-2009, 02:09 PM

i

dwight never took the name superman, he inherited it after one dunk at the dunk contest then everyone branded him superman after that, not his fault.
and its a double standard because LEBRON STOLE THAT CHALK RITUAL FROM KG AND NO ONE CARES. HE'S SUCH A SWAGGER JACKER.
maybe he's still mad dwight yoked on him and shaq had the break his big man rule #1"thou shall not flop"

NBA_Starter
06-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Shaq is just an attention freak, he always has to get some kind of attention and since his team is terrible he thumbs his nose in everybody else's business.:nod::hide:

magicbucs4eva
06-06-2009, 02:12 PM
shaq is a douche!! he just needs to understand that everything he says is ********! bc kobe can win without him and dwight is doing the same thing shaq did! so he is just jealous

PaleHose
06-06-2009, 02:14 PM
If you hadn't realized, Shaq's kind of a douchebag...

nyyankees09
06-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Shaq just dosen't want him to take over as superman

jrivera
06-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Shaq has always been cocky..now he has nothing to brag about so he has to put someone down to boost up his ego...Shaq is so into himself to realize no one cares about him anymore...Shaq is the last person to be putting someone down he cant even shoot a freethrow...Come on Shaq..

Catfish1314
06-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Typical Shaq. He just wants attention. He couldn't make a postseason appearance playing, so he just has to say something to get his name thrown out there during Finals coverage. Nice.

rapjuicer06
06-06-2009, 02:40 PM
the best thing people can do is just ignore what he says. the media just needs to stop covering him and let what he says be nothing. he's a piece of ****, and thats all i'll remember him for. not the championships, his stupid *****assness

jimbobjarree
06-06-2009, 02:42 PM
its gunna happen eventually Shaq, why fight it and look like a douche?

D-Amazins
06-06-2009, 02:56 PM
This is the pic if anyone hasn't seen it yet.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/shaq-dwight-howard-twitter.jpg

Even tho Shaq is being an ***, that pictue does look funny tho :laugh2:

EX-TREME
06-06-2009, 03:03 PM
its gunna happen eventually Shaq, why fight it and look like a douche?

agreed

IndyRealist
06-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Shaq's just not the Big Dog anymore, and he's just trying to take down a notch the guy who took his place on top of the hill. It's sad.

HammerHead1
06-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Presuming that he is going to look at having a career as a broadcaster, and probably at a big TV network, he cant keep this kind of behaviour up. God help Shaq if in 6 or 8 years from now, Dwight's in the finals chasing that 4th Ring...

D Roses Bulls
06-06-2009, 03:26 PM
dwight never took the name superman, he inherited it after one dunk at the dunk contest then everyone branded him superman after that, not his fault.
and its a double standard because LEBRON STOLE THAT CHALK RITUAL FROM KG AND NO ONE CARES. HE'S SUCH A SWAGGER JACKER.
maybe he's still mad dwight yoked on him and shaq had the break his big man rule #1"thou shall not flop"

actually lebron and kg stole it from jordan

RadiantShot
06-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Shaq is immature for one, and Dwight will go down more of a historical, and better player then Shaq, I don't see why Shaq continues to Bash the Magic, I mean other then the fact that Dwight may lead his team to a championship.

Kakaroach
06-06-2009, 04:10 PM
Shaq is just being pathetic. He can't bag on Kobe so he decides to bag on Dwight? Man he has to put his past behind. He is the one that screwed Orlando in the first place. :pity:

rocowear21
06-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Yes this is terrible with what shaq is doing. On the other hand shaq knows howard is a beast of a player. I think shaq is scared and jeolous.

dee279
06-06-2009, 04:16 PM
damn, a Millionaire hater. I neva seen a hater with millions.

smith&wesson
06-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Hold up guys, before every one rips shaq... need i remind you shaq was the orginal superman.

i love howard but he took shaqs nick name and thats not cool, shaq has the super man sign tatted on his arm, has the super man sign on all his trucks. he was the original superman, of all the nicknames in the world dwight went and took the one shaq has tatted on his arm ?
thats like lebron naming himself the black mamba, and thats clearly kobe's nick name... i love howard, but why take someone elses nick name, thats just dumb.

Kabowdos
06-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Shaq is an A-hole no question about it. He is easily jealous and rude. Everyone loved Shaq and thought he was the "right" guy in the Kobe and Shaq soap opera. I think it is awful that he tries to bring down Dwight Howard like that. He seems like one of the coolest people around and nicest.

I wouldn't mind seeing Kobe and Shaq and Lakers reunite after this season. I don't think Kobe will do it though. It would be really awesome though. If Kobe wins this finals this year I say there is a slight chance... if Kobe loses I say there is NO way. Kobe is not going to take Shaq back unless he wins a title alone first.

HammerHead1
06-06-2009, 04:30 PM
I never refered to Shaq to Superman anyway, it was either Diesel. Or one of his other 100 names. End of the day, its only a nickname, nearly all players are given one by Kenny Smith.

UofA
06-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Not a big fan of either of them to be honest

Blah Blah Blah
06-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Hold up guys, before every one rips shaq... need i remind you shaq was the orginal superman.

i love howard but he took shaqs nick name and thats not cool, shaq has the super man sign tatted on his arm, has the super man sign on all his trucks. he was the original superman, of all the nicknames in the world dwight went and took the one shaq has tatted on his arm ?
thats like lebron naming himself the black mamba, and thats clearly kobe's nick name... i love howard, but why take someone elses nick name, thats just dumb.

We all kno shaq was superman and all, so u don't really need to remind no one. The media gave Howard that nickname, he didn't choose it himself, but when the media gave it he took it, no harm in that. Do you forget that MJ was also nicknamed superman at times. I may have needed to remind you bout that...:D

azkarraga
06-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Easy, howard is a threat for shaq. he may get a ring with orlando. shaq couldnt.

and this may be just the beggining of howard's legend...

Hustla23
06-06-2009, 05:11 PM
I don't believe Dwight's a nice goody two shoes anymore after he clocked Dalembert in the face.

That was classless.

VinceGully
06-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Why I want Orlando to beat The Lakers in the 2009 NBA Finals REASON #103:

Brawler47
06-06-2009, 05:32 PM
This is because Shaq knows that in 10 years, Dwight's gonna make everyone say ,"Shaq who"

geoffizfoshiz
06-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Why are people so sensitive these days? It was a fun pic..people don't need to be crying about it and making stupid topics. Take it for what it is. If it's not funny to you than get over it. But whining and complaining about him isn't going to do anything.

And it's funny how hypocritical people can be. You critisize his inmaturity, but your first reponse is to call him a douchebag and an "A hole"....very mature. The difference about you people is that nobody cares enough to make a big deal out of your inmaturity.

Oops, i'm sorry, I did something other than bash Shaq in this topic...yell at me.

AllTheWay
06-06-2009, 06:09 PM
This is because Shaq knows that in 10 years, Dwight's gonna make everyone say ,"Shaq who"

Hahaha we should wait until Dwight can develop a good post game first before any comparisons are made to a top ten player all -time.

ShaunRiching9
06-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Shaq is an idiot, I used to respect him but he is so childish so i lost all respect for him.

TopsyTurvy
06-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Ah the Big Aristotle is just feeling a little pressure on his legacy from a player that hasn't won a ring yet!

He's just got an itchy trigger finger and a deep rooted hatred for Van Gundy.

geoffizfoshiz
06-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Shaq is an idiot, I used to respect him but he is so childish so i lost all respect for him.

i'm sure he's devastated.

*Superman*
06-06-2009, 07:17 PM
This is coming from a guy that wants to own the Magic and has houses and lives in Orlando. GTF outta here Shaq. Sell your house and go live in Miami or Phoenix...Nevermind, they probably don't want him either.

An article from Orlando Sentinel if your interested.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-sportsmagic-bianchi-28052809may28,0,561172.column

Hustla23
06-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Why I want Orlando to beat The Lakers in the 2009 NBA Finals REASON #103:

lol too bad it won't happen.

The Magic will win some games at home but the Lakers match up too well against them.

slack_justin
06-07-2009, 05:18 PM
While I like Shaq he is just trying to hold onto what was one of the best careers ever and he should be mentoring him instead of trying to rip the player thats most like him. Including being drafted by Orlando Kinda crazy if you think about it

pippsux
06-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Jealousy is ugly when women do it, but down right *****y when a man exhibits it. I hope the Cavs don't reward him with a trade.

bahama0811
06-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Shaq's just bitter that Howard is taking his spotlight as the best center in the game. Poor guy.....:cry:

DitchDat
06-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Honestly, I'm not disrespecting the guy's legacy, but I have grown tired of his act.

If he's so much better, than why isn't Phoenix in the playoffs? What has he done of any significance lately, besides helping out obese kids? That's right, not much on the court. He's past his prime, fading quickly, and he can't stand it. He needs to grow up. And I say that with the utmost of respect. Shaq, grow up, nobody cares.

PapelbonLester
06-07-2009, 05:52 PM
D-Howard is a swagger jacker......first with the superman. Then he started lookin at his hand. Cmon Dwight come up with your own ****

junion
06-07-2009, 06:15 PM
While I like Shaq he is just trying to hold onto what was one of the best careers ever and he should be mentoring him instead of trying to rip the player thats most like him. Including being drafted by Orlando Kinda crazy if you think about it

i agree with you on that! if shaq mentored dwight howard, shaq's legacy would be stronger. if shaq wants to be in the limelight, that's the best way to do it. shaq's legacy would live on and in a positive light if he mentored dwight. for example, kareem is mentoring andrew bynum. when people think about andrew bynum, they also think of kareem. and people give credit to kareem when andrew does good things on the court. shaq could be that kareem to dwight. but shaq isn't going about it the right way.

cmstophe
06-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Likable? Tell that to those on the receiving ends of his elbows, which he rarely gets called for. Tell that to people who had to listen to him ***** on his blog about refs.

ko8e24
06-07-2009, 07:04 PM
lol, shaq's prolly trying to use reverse psychology for howard so that he can become the beast that shaq was. i dunno.

didnt shaq say sometime last season that when his career is over, he would love to be a part-owner/gm of the orlando magic in the near future. if that's the case, and we know dwight howard is the magic's franchise superstar for the next 15-20 yrs, then y would shaq keep degrading him???? makes you think, it's a little weird.

smith&wesson
06-07-2009, 07:05 PM
We all kno shaq was superman and all, so u don't really need to remind no one. The media gave Howard that nickname, he didn't choose it himself, but when the media gave it he took it, no harm in that. Do you forget that MJ was also nicknamed superman at times. I may have needed to remind you bout that...:D

HOW do you figure the media gave him that name ? that name was given to him last year at the dunk contest when HE came out wearing a superman shirt and cape... and clearly MJ'S nick name was air jordon. thanks for the reminder though homie :smoking:
i think its really lame to take a pre used nick name. i like dwight i think he deserves his own image.

ko8e24
06-07-2009, 07:08 PM
there is only one SUPERMAN in NBA HISTORY, and that is SHAQUILLE O'NEAL. Dwight should find another superhero to emulate. I heard in an interview where he said that Batman in fact was his favorite hero. Maybe he should go with that?? I dunno, lol

Cromedome
06-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Have you seen the way Dwight is coming up small? A young Shaq would have backed his way to the basket and ripped down the rim at least 10 time already..while Dwight passes out of the post.

There is only 1 superman ..and his name is Shaq. You can't stop the reign! Young Shaq would have destroyed a young Dwight.

effen5
06-08-2009, 01:52 PM
I always thought Shaq was the diesel

ESaady
06-08-2009, 01:59 PM
using the term swagger jacking is swagger jacking :D. why should we care what people nickname themselves? at the end of the day it's Mr. Dwight Howard or Mr. Shaquille O'neal. their social security isn't going to say Dwight 'superman' Howard or Shaquille 'big aristotle, the big diesel, superman etc.' O'neal. Plus nicknames should be given not chosen. I mean Shaq already has like 300 nicknames, you can't have a monopoly on nicknames. I could careless about what Shaq wants to be called, but what pisses me off is that he has to try and be party pooper.

RaiderLakersA's
06-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Shaq rips on everyone...until you earn his respect. The sad truth is that will never happen. Shaq is one year from retirement, but he's comparing today's centers against the Ghost of Shaq-mas Past. They'll never measure up. If I were D-Ho, I would ignore anything and everything that Shaq has to say. Kind of like when you were a little kid playing streetball and the old man on the corner would always threaten to do something horrible to you, if your ball went into his yard. Keep playing and ignore the rants of that tired old fogey.

MiamiHeat
06-08-2009, 02:08 PM
its just shaq being shaq....

either way, whoever wins the finals, shaq will be tasting some ***.

Seventh King
06-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Shaq is a complete stroke.

Iggy Stiggy
06-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Angry and washed up

KingOf215
06-08-2009, 03:26 PM
So you're saying Shaq has no class? -Wow, what a shocker.

J-Relo
06-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Shaq >>>..........

Howard

what54!?
06-08-2009, 04:05 PM
idk. Howard will not be better than shaq so I don't see the grudge shaq has. We all know what he's done...

Toadman
06-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Shaq >>>..........

Howard

Young Shaq, yes. Not right now.

Apophis
06-09-2009, 02:12 AM
i agree with you on that! if shaq mentored dwight howard, shaq's legacy would be stronger. if shaq wants to be in the limelight, that's the best way to do it. shaq's legacy would live on and in a positive light if he mentored dwight. for example, kareem is mentoring andrew bynum. when people think about andrew bynum, they also think of kareem. and people give credit to kareem when andrew does good things on the court. shaq could be that kareem to dwight. but shaq isn't going about it the right way.

That would be cool if shaq did mentor him... But when people think about Howard or Yao.. they think of Ewing... That is what sets part class and classless, Shaq being the latter.. Shaq is being Shaq.. wanting to get attention during the finals even though he is not a part of it.. I guess Shaq wants us to remember when he was crying like a ***** when the Magic lost in the finals..

pedrofan45
06-09-2009, 01:04 PM
i don't like both guys, dwights a cry baby and a dirty player, shaqs a douche

koreancabbage
06-09-2009, 02:00 PM
That would be cool if shaq did mentor him... But when people think about Howard or Yao.. they think of Ewing... That is what sets part class and classless, Shaq being the latter.. Shaq is being Shaq.. wanting to get attention during the finals even though he is not a part of it.. I guess Shaq wants us to remember when he was crying like a ***** when the Magic lost in the finals..

what movie is that? in your sig?

DaBUU
06-10-2009, 02:24 PM

Too bad they both jack'd the chalk thing from Mike!

lebstar
06-10-2009, 04:14 PM
what movie is that? in your sig?

Twilight... remember the Indian guy? it's him..

loki34
06-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Young Shaq, yes. Not right now.

he's better than howard for the next 2-3 years...till he retires

SJSHARKIES
06-10-2009, 06:33 PM
This is exactly why I said I hope Shaq has a career ending injury. Dwight looks up to Shaq as his role model, Howard is a loveable player doesn't do stupid **** and always in a positive mood and smiling. Shaq just continues to rip him, what the **** has Dwight ever done to your ******** Shaq? Shaqs just jealous that he stole his nickname and he doesn't want him to win in Orlando something his ******** was never able to do. AGAIN I REPEAT I HOPE SHAQ HAS A CAREER ENDING INJURY.

ARMIN12NBA
06-11-2009, 04:52 AM
Shaq has always been a jealous dude. He was jealous at Kobe for ascending into stardom and now he is jealous that Dwight Howard is basically a younger version of himself.

Shaq has accomplished so much and is an all-time great and it is sad to see how childish he can be at times.

RLundi
07-17-2012, 09:19 PM
This is exactly why I said I hope Shaq has a career ending injury. Dwight looks up to Shaq as his role model, Howard is a loveable player doesn't do stupid **** and always in a positive mood and smiling. Shaq just continues to rip him, what the **** has Dwight ever done to your ******** Shaq? Shaqs just jealous that he stole his nickname and he doesn't want him to win in Orlando something his ******** was never able to do. AGAIN I REPEAT I HOPE SHAQ HAS A CAREER ENDING INJURY.

Lol.

D12 fan
07-17-2012, 09:28 PM
Lol.

Wow you really had to bring this thread back from 2009?As if we don't already have enough Dwight threads.

ink
07-17-2012, 09:29 PM
Please don't bump old threads.