PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland pursuing a 2 year deal for Rasheed Wallace or Sign/Trade for Zach Randolph

JordansBulls
06-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Source: Slamonline (http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2009/06/rasheed-to-the-cavs/)

My sources say that Rasheed Wallace and the Cavs are beginning talks on a two-year deal worth about $10 million per for the services of the former Piston. The move and negotiations were inspired by Dwight Howard’s dominant performance over Cleveland’s big men in the Eastern Conference Finals. And Wallace will be brought in for that very purpose, to neutralize Dwight Howard next season and help the Cavs get over the hump.

This supports what we previously reported about what it will take for Sheed to come back next year.

If this signing falls through, I’m hearing that Cleveland may do a sign and trade with the Clippers for Zach Randolph, which certainly makes sense for the Clippers since they are taking Blake Griffin No. 1 overall

Well the Cavs have to do something. $10 million a year for Rasheed is hefty but they need to do what they can to keep Lebron.

If they get Zach Randolph, Lebron will be out though IMO.

madiaz3
06-06-2009, 01:19 PM
I was skeptical this past season with the Celtic's hype and how they would be able to put a leash on Marbury and how KG and the Celtics would not allow him to return to his old ways, and I was surprised enough to see that "Starbury" did not make the trip to Boston. Though it could have been attributed to his rust as well, which Randolph doesn't exactly have.

Now it's up to Lebron (and I guarantee if this trade goes down there will be non-stop JAMES WON'T LET A SELFISH ATTITUDE EXIST ON HIS TEAM hype.) to make sure he can play as anything other than a blackhole.

Though, not many people believe me, but the first 11 games before he was traded to the Clippers, I swear he was a changed man. But then going to the Clippers would do that to anyone.

Lakersfan2483
06-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Randolph would be a terrible fit and Rasheed is well past his prime. The Cavs should make a play for a player like Amare or Chris Bosh. They need more talented/skilled big men up front to compliment Lebron.

*Rasheed is a good fit for a team that doesn't need help scoring up front, but more so is in need of a defensive low post player., i.e. San Antonio.

Draco
06-06-2009, 01:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaVa6NHwUUg

chicagocubsfan
06-06-2009, 01:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaVa6NHwUUgthat was hilarious man

Epic89
06-06-2009, 01:56 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

TheShock45
06-06-2009, 01:57 PM
since when are rasheed wallace and zach randolph defensive stoppers to go up against dwight howard????? that might actually make howards job alot easier

EX-TREME
06-06-2009, 01:58 PM

:laugh:

IRUAM #21
06-06-2009, 02:00 PM

lol !!

NBA_Starter
06-06-2009, 02:00 PM
since when are rasheed wallace and zach randolph defensive stoppers to go up against dwight howard????? that might actually make howards job alot easier

Actually Wallace is still an excellent post defender and can still guard D12 one on one and effectively, just look at Detroit's sucess against the Magic in recent years.

Lakersfan2483
06-06-2009, 02:01 PM

That was funny. :laugh::laugh:

NBA_Starter
06-06-2009, 02:05 PM

You hear that Boston?

Next frame:

104-59 Celtics win

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Kyle916
06-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Randolph or Wallace?

That's not going to solve the problems...

PaleHose
06-06-2009, 02:16 PM
I'm hoping Cleveland surprises everyone by trying to bring back Carlos Boozer, then he screws them over... again.

Big Quett
06-06-2009, 02:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nava6nhwuug

omg!!!!!!!!!
Too damn funny

u see that boston you see that....lol

jrivera
06-06-2009, 02:55 PM

Oh man...comedy!

juggla53
06-06-2009, 03:00 PM
haha another perimeter oriented bigman for the cavs it'll be fun to watch him and Z stand outside and shoot jumpers and have your SF be the only one who plays in the paint. If the cavs think sheed is going to put them over the top at this point in his career they are seriously mistaken

MJ-BULLS
06-06-2009, 03:32 PM

:laugh2: zach randolph beast

goku
06-06-2009, 04:06 PM

lmao that man sayin yes sir

Kabowdos
06-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Source: Slamonline (http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2009/06/rasheed-to-the-cavs/)

Well the Cavs have to do something. $10 million a year for Rasheed is hefty but they need to do what they can to keep Lebron.

I honestly hope this happens and LeBron stays and gets an extension. Rasheed is washed up and is not that good anymore. To pay a guy just to stop one man is ridiculous. 12pt and 7.5 rebounds a game shooting 41.9 percent is terrible efficiency. 35%3PT and 77%FT is solid. 33 minutes a game. I don't think he is worth 10 million a year. He is going to be 35 and his stats are going to be worse than last years.

I truly think LeBron should leave now because I don't think Cleveland can get it done with that squad. The Cavs obviously overachieved this season.

I think LeBron will win a championship either way he goes by the end of his career, but at least for next season with that same squad I don't think they will be in the finals. KG and Celtics will be back and the Magic have proved they are better than the Cavs

Blah Blah Blah
06-06-2009, 04:49 PM

:laugh::clap::laugh2:

love it

On topic tho... Sheed won't do nuthin offensively really but jack up questionable 3 pt shots, and Randolph, well the nickname explains it all. Also I don't think they have the cap space to sign a big time player like Amare nor Bosh.

Hustla23
06-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Well, it's not like they can do much else.

Might as well go for it :shrug:

Wallace
Randolph
Lebron
West
Williams

doesn't look too bad. You get a defensive big as well as an offensive one and West and Williams can hold the back court.

dre1990
06-06-2009, 05:51 PM
If you wanna get a very good scorer and rebounder, that plays 0 defense, that might tear your team up with his attitude, go with ZR. IF you want a good offensive and clutch player, an good and underrated defensive player that can play D12, and everyone in the locker room enjoys, go for Rasheed. preety easy choice for me.

VCaintdead17
06-06-2009, 06:09 PM

omfg

lmao

Especially the part against the Raptors

AllTheWay
06-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Zach Randolph won't help against D12, but he can provide a legit scoring option and darn good rebounder for Lebron.

marques724
06-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Getting Zach doesn't help with what ailed them against Orlando. Sheed when motivated can be a big help.

prodigy
06-06-2009, 07:03 PM
I truly think LeBron should leave now because I don't think Cleveland can get it done with that squad.

congrats, your the first guy to ever say that. Take a bow. To bad he can't leave now, There's something called a contract.

BTW- Sheed would not get 10mill a year. The source said 10mill over 2 seasons. So after 8 hours in the lab, I think its around 5mill a year. Which if he can bring 12-7-1 again, then its worth it.

I think the cavs will do everything they can to get another all-star in here. if worse comes to worse, i think they will get sheed.

Derick713
06-06-2009, 07:14 PM
The Cavs aren't going to find an answer an for Dwight Howard.

On paper Rasheed Wallace seems like a great fit. The question mark with Wallace is weather his age will impact his play during the playoffs. Paying Wallace 10 Million a year for two years makes it seem like they'll have to let Anderson Varejao go while comprising Cap Space in 2010.

The Cavs are probably betting on the Magic losing Hedo Turkoglu during free agency. You'd think that signing Lamar Odom is a better option for the Cavs than signing Wallace. Odom is much younger and he can match-up with Rashard Lewis.

The Cavs need to acquire another scoring threat in the form of Jamal Crawford or Jason Richardson.

IversonIsKrazy
06-06-2009, 07:26 PM
lol at the BEAST.

n-e-wayz, SHeed for $10m is just waaaaayyyy too much!

How abt signing both McDYess and Odom.

PG: Mo-Will/Boobie
SG: D-WEst/?
SF: LeBron/?
PF: Odom/Varejo
C: Big Z/Dyess

Hustla23
06-06-2009, 07:56 PM
congrats, your the first guy to ever say that. Take a bow. To bad he can't leave now, There's something called a contract.

BTW- Sheed would not get 10mill a year. The source said 10mill over 2 seasons. So after 8 hours in the lab, I think its around 5mill a year. Which if he can bring 12-7-1 again, then its worth it.

I think the cavs will do everything they can to get another all-star in here. if worse comes to worse, i think they will get sheed.

Kakaroach
06-06-2009, 07:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaVa6NHwUUg :laugh::laugh:

TopsyTurvy
06-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Sheed + LBJ = Even more Techs!!!

Where do I sign?

JordansBulls
06-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Sheed + LBJ = Even more Techs!!!

Where do I sign?

Lebron doesn't get many techs.

cmellofan15
06-06-2009, 08:53 PM
ehh...it won't hurt to try :shrug:

SwaggaIke
06-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Sheed shuts Howard down every time...and every time the Magic lose.

Kabowdos
06-06-2009, 10:02 PM

It is not worth it. The Magic destroyed the Cavs, they need more help than a washed up Wallace. They need some one like Amare to have a chance to get into the finals. Cavs are behind the Magic, Lakers, and a healthy Celtic team by a noticeable margin. Cavs overachieved this season.

Rasheed Wallace is not the answer. He is going to put the team back. LeBron is leaving Cleveland.

Kabowdos
06-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Sheed shuts Howard down every time...and every time the Magic lose.

Rasheed does not shut down Howard every time.

hockeypro68
06-06-2009, 10:07 PM
PLEASE take Zbo!!!!

kblo247
06-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Mo
West
Lebron
Charlie V.
Tyson Chandler

They need to get younger, more athletic, and more versatile at the 4 and 5 spot. The Hornets don't want Chandler as they are trying to save money and Charlie would like to play with Lebron so all they have to do is make that happen.

Talk to free agent vets like Kidd and Sheed later as they would be more likely to join at a cheaper rate if the team improved

ajharry
06-06-2009, 10:37 PM

So after 2 seconds revisiting my 1st grade reading lessons, the source wrote: "My sources say that Rasheed Wallace and the Cavs are beginning talks on a two-year deal worth about $10 million per for the services of the former Piston." which is $20 million total. I don't understand how, with 8 hours in the lab, you failed to re-read the hypothesis.

Greaser1
06-06-2009, 11:00 PM
I was skeptical this past season with the Celtic's hype and how they would be able to put a leash on Marbury and how KG and the Celtics would not allow him to return to his old ways, and I was surprised enough to see that "Starbury" did not make the trip to Boston. Though it could have been attributed to his rust as well, which Randolph doesn't exactly have.

Now it's up to Lebron (and I guarantee if this trade goes down there will be non-stop JAMES WON'T LET A SELFISH ATTITUDE EXIST ON HIS TEAM hype.) to make sure he can play as anything other than a blackhole.

Though, not many people believe me, but the first 11 games before he was traded to the Clippers, I swear he was a changed man. But then going to the Clippers would do that to anyone.

Or Knicks:D

SwaggaIke
06-06-2009, 11:01 PM

Sheed makes Howard take shots moving away from the basket and puts him on the line where he shot over 68% once against the Pistons. He limits Howards touches deep in the paint and effects his game drastically. And of course...the Magic lose. Last years playoffs, games of 14, 8 and 12 points. During last years regular season 8 points and 16 points on 6/15 shooting. 06-07 Playoffs...games of 11, 8 and 13 points. For me to say every time was a bit overboard. But most times Sheed guards Howard effectively and SOMETIMES he shuts him down.

NBA_Starter
06-06-2009, 11:15 PM

He does enough for the Cavs to win a 7 game series.

what54!?
06-06-2009, 11:19 PM
z-bo will not help the cavs.

Chronz
06-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Read this:

Actually Wallace is still an excellent post defender and can still guard D12 one on one and effectively, just look at Detroit's sucess against the Magic in recent years.
Thank you

Lakers4ItAll
06-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Sheed would be a great fit

thrilla11
06-07-2009, 12:09 AM
CLEVELAND TAKE Z-BO!
:jumpy:

HouRealCoach
06-07-2009, 01:43 AM
Cavs need bigger wing players.... They can trade Wallace for Chandler.... Draft Damion James or Sam Young.... Then sign Carlos Boozer for the front court help they need.... and also sign Jarvis Hayes to to hit threes and play good defense

Ilgauskas/ Varejao
Chandler/ Boozer/ Hickson
Lebron/ Pavlovic
West/ Hayes/ James or Young
Williams/ Boobie

Chronz
06-07-2009, 02:37 AM
CLEVELAND TAKE Z-BO!
:jumpy:

SERIOUSLY . i

plpfctn
06-07-2009, 03:04 AM
only an idiot thinks sheed and randolph can stop dwight howard.

dee279
06-07-2009, 03:44 AM

haha random but funny

Trouble87
06-07-2009, 04:18 AM
Clevland getting Sheed would do more damage than good...

If they use the expiring Ben Wallace contract to go get Zach that might help but they would still need a more defensive minded big man

ggg
06-07-2009, 04:25 AM
cavs need a dominant bigman that can be a 2nd option. that means mo becomes 3rd. sheed and z.randolph are cancer.

Zach def is. Sheed tho.. he's just overrated.

dos132
06-07-2009, 06:34 AM

very funny...

but can rasheed wallace and Lebron can be on one team???
i cant imagine...

dwiduck
06-07-2009, 07:35 AM
So after 2 seconds revisiting my 1st grade reading lessons, the source wrote: "My sources say that Rasheed Wallace and the Cavs are beginning talks on a two-year deal worth about $10 million per for the services of the former Piston." which is $20 million total. I don't understand how, with 8 hours in the lab, you failed to re-read the hypothesis.
If that's what it says in the article then the whole rumor is bologna. The Cavs don't have enough cap space to sign anyone for more than the MLE which is just over $5 mill/year.

Sheed would be a good fit in Cleveland, Randolph would not.

EX-TREME
06-07-2009, 08:02 AM
only an idiot thinks sheed and randolph can stop dwight howard.

everytime magic meets the pistons, sheed always seems to limit dwight below his season avg.

skinsfan4life80
06-07-2009, 09:18 AM

Must not watch much basketball...Rasheed is a great post defender. And his basketball IQ is one of the best in the game.

DitchDat
06-07-2009, 09:19 AM
not that he'll be able to stop Dwight, but the Cavs should get Charlie V at the 4. Then put together something to get a defensive big man. Ben Wallace? probably retiring. Joe Smith? Free agent. Varejao? Douchebag. If they keep him, let him come off the bench for Charlie V.

That leaves the Cavs with Ilgauskas, who at this point in his career is a finesse player, not a power player.

PG - Mo Williams
SF - LeBron James
C - ?
SG - Delonte West
PF - Charlie V

also, I'm a big Delonte West fan, but putting him at the two leaves you with a very small backcourt that can't stop bigger guards. Not that he's not any good, but with a legitimate 2-man to complement LeBron, they would be more of a threat. Mo Will should be a 4th option behind LBJ, a new shooting guard and Charlie V. No pressure on Mo to score, they won't have to rely on him, and if he scores, good.

29$JerZ
06-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Eww Zach would officially make LeBron leave. That also cuts into the 2010 Cap at 17 million meaning they can't sign a 2nd max star to put near LeBron. So trade for Zach and that happens.

JordansBulls
06-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Charlie V doesn't help the Cavs IMO.

29$JerZ
06-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Rasheed is actually a good move.

Spreads the floor and for LBJ that just means a wider and less clogged lane to drive in.

No to Zach, Cleveland doesn't even deserve him.

I rather get Kaman than Zach to be honest.

philab
06-07-2009, 10:45 AM
No to Zach, Cleveland doesn't even deserve him.

I can't even begin to understand what this means.

Kabowdos
06-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Cavs need bigger wing players.... They can trade Wallace for Chandler.... Draft Damion James or Sam Young.... Then sign Carlos Boozer for the front court help they need.... and also sign Jarvis Hayes to to hit threes and play good defense

Ilgauskas/ Varejao
Lebron/ Pavlovic
Williams/ Boobie

You are talking out of your *** right now dude.

Kabowdos
06-07-2009, 03:38 PM
Sheed makes Howard take shots moving away from the basket and puts him on the line where he shot over 68% once against the Pistons. He limits Howards touches deep in the paint and effects his game drastically. And of course...the Magic lose. Last years playoffs, games of 14, 8 and 12 points. During last years regular season 8 points and 16 points on 6/15 shooting. 06-07 Playoffs...games of 11, 8 and 13 points. For me to say every time was a bit overboard. But most times Sheed guards Howard effectively and SOMETIMES he shuts him down.

Spend 20 million dollars to have a chance at stopping 1 player on a team that you are not guaranteed to play? Does not make too much sense to me. I think Wallace is finished IMO. Waste of a spot on the roster, I don't like his attitude either, and waste of cash. Cavs need a solid defensive big man and a shooting guard.

Charlie V and any decent shooting guard sounds much better. Charlie can put up some big games here and there, he has an outside jumper, and is decent on the defensive end.'

LeBron is 6 foot 8 inches and 250-260 pounds. He can jump higher than anyone... he should be helping out on the block defensively more often, maybe even taking a 1-1 match up with a PF. I am not knocking his defense, it is great and improved greatly this year.

JordansBulls
06-07-2009, 04:20 PM

Ilgauskas/ Varejao
Lebron/ Pavlovic
Williams/ Boobie

How the hell are they supposed to do all that and why would Boozer be coming off the bench?

29$JerZ
06-07-2009, 04:24 PM
I can't even begin to understand what this means.

Cleveland doesn't even deserve to have Zach the cancer on that squad. Make sense now?

philab
06-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Cleveland doesn't even deserve to have Zach the cancer on that squad. Make sense now?

No, it still makes no ****ing sense.

I'm not being defensive of the Cavaliers here; I'm simply confused by your idiocy.

Why does Cleveland not deserve a "cancer"? Does Cleveland not deserve any player in the NBA? If, as I assume, you dislike Cleveland, then why wouldn't you want them to get a "cancer"? What did Cleveland do to be so undeserving of certain, let alone ALL, players?

Maybe try to make some sense this time.
Or I guess you could keep writing asinine "disses" that you think sound cool.

KnicksorBust
06-07-2009, 05:12 PM
"Zach Randolph doesn't fit." Maybe not through a normal sized doorway but on the Cavs I don't see why it's such a bad match. They DESPERATELY needed someone to take the pressure off LeBron on offense. Z disappeared that series and Varejeo has never been a scorer. What were they getting 12 pts from their frontcourt? 15? Magic just got to pack the middle. Randolph is a GREAT finisher at the hoop. I saw it on the Knicks. I saw a lot of things I didn't want to see, including that Raptors game bs but he does have a knack for scoring. He's got a great variety of moves and would put up his 20 ppg like always. Clippers at this point would give him away so I say it's worth it. Get LeBron the help now.

cmstophe
06-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Um.

No, no this story isn't true at all. The Cavs are not interested in Randolph. At all.

NYtilIdie
06-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Well if Zach can keep his temper under control he could be okay. Lebron won't let him get out if hand. He can be a 20-10 guy he was averaging 20.9 ppg and 9.4 rpg last year and with Mo and Lebron on the perimeter and Randolph in the front court that can cause havoc for defences. His biggest flaw is defense he has never averaged 1 block per game ever in his entire which will be a problem going against Orl. and Bos.

Now Sheed's biggest problem is his age. He hasn't averaged higher more then 15 ppg since his career high with 20 ppg in 03-04 and averaged a career low with 12 ppg last season (excluding his rookie year). Now has an 8-1 record against the Magic ever since Howard entered the league which is great cause thats what killed them in the playoffs and he isn't afraid to guard around the perimeter either.

So really I see a win-win situation for the Cavs

goku
06-07-2009, 05:55 PM
http://oneanswer.tv/
this one is even funnier lmao

kblo247
06-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Forget Sheed, Charlie V, and Z-Bo - Toine is your man

Antoine Walker is in his best shape in years, according to an NBA source.

Walker is hoping to return to the league after being cut by the Grizzles without even playing a game last season.

He last played for the Timberwolves during the 2007-08 season, averaging 8.0 points and 3.7 rebounds in 19.4 minutes per contest.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2009/06/07/he_feels_nba_is_within_reach/?page=3

He Fits The Cavs Perfectly
- He's a former All Star
- He can dance
- He knows how to strike a pose
- And he has no problems throwing up 3s

Go Get Him Cleveland

mikantsass
06-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Zach Randolph will be a TERRIBLE acquisition. Defensive Stopper?? When was the last time Randolph played defense on anyone?

nycericanguy
06-07-2009, 06:34 PM

I'm not being defensive of the Cavaliers here; I'm simply confused by your idiocy.

Why does Cleveland not deserve a "cancer"? Does Cleveland not deserve any player in the NBA? If, as I assume, you dislike Cleveland, then why wouldn't you want them to get a "cancer"? What did Cleveland do to be so undeserving of certain, let alone ALL, players?

wow...lol, take a chill pill dude, he just meant Randolph has become such a cancer that the Cavs shouldnt go for him... talk about taking things too seriously!...lol

but yea i hope the cavs get him and waste their 2010 cap space on him =)

More of a chance Lebron would come to ny

EX-TREME
06-07-2009, 06:40 PM
http://oneanswer.tv/
this one is even funnier lmao

prodigy
06-07-2009, 06:43 PM
It is not worth it. The Magic destroyed the Cavs, they need more help than a washed up Wallace. They need some one like Amare to have a chance to get into the finals. Cavs are behind the Magic, Lakers, and a healthy Celtic team by a noticeable margin. Cavs overachieved this season.

Rasheed Wallace is not the answer. He is going to put the team back. LeBron is leaving Cleveland.

ummm nope.

first off, How can you say the magic destroyed the cavs, and cavs are way behind them? all the games except game 6 were very close. Boston is almost done, very old.

cavs need to get another all-star. when, if they do, cavs will be the best team in the leauge hands down.

Kakaroach
06-07-2009, 06:54 PM
How the hell are they supposed to do all that and why would Boozer be coming off the bench? That is exactly my question....

29$JerZ
06-07-2009, 06:54 PM

What the Hell?

Zach has only contributed once to his team and that was during the Rasheed days in Portland.

Portland was happy to dump him and Knicks were even more cheerful when we dropped him for Cap.

Outside off the court, he has gotten into plenty of trouble. On the court he doesn't contribute to winning games. Stat filler.

I said Cleveland doesn't deserve to have a guy like him on their team. No one does, who wants a stat stuffer and worse of all 17 million guaranteed to him when he is not a max type player in 2010? He is a bad fit for Cleveland because he plays zero defense and even with talent around him he doesn't contribute to winning games. How can a player like that be successful in a playoff run with Cleveland? Worse of all he cost them 17 million in the year they want to resign LeBron + another star. Becomes impossible if he is on board at 17 million.

Trying to insult me based on your misinterpretation of my previous post that was directed at acquiring Zach and not an insult to Cleveland seems like you either don't read or your incapable of breaking down comments despite me re-posting what I originally meant and still insulting me.

Grow up and stick to the subject. I prefer if you go about the topic at hand and not attacking someone because you feel I'm insulting a team when there is no proof of me doing so. Never do i say Cleveland doesn't deserve no player, I said Zach. What part is so difficult to understand?

PistonsFan14
06-07-2009, 07:07 PM

Umm..whats orlandos record against detroit? and also if you look at dwights stats against detroit they are lower then his averages and who guards him? Rasheed? Yes sir

This would be a good move because regardless its an upgrade from what they have

Angel
06-07-2009, 07:08 PM

They got to worry about the Celtics more than the Magic next season. If the Celtics had KG they would have swept the Magic this year. They had the by 10 in the 4th quarter of game 6 with no KG. KG destroys Rasheed Wallace too. No doubt Sheed will make them better but that's not the piece of the puzzle that will push them over the top.

kblo247
06-07-2009, 07:40 PM
How about the Cavs make Lebron's big *** a PF this off season.

That way he can stay in the paint like he already does and they can just look for a SF and C

xabial
06-07-2009, 07:51 PM

That way he can stay in the paint like he already does and they can just look for a SF and C

I love your sig Well done :clap:

back on topic: dont think he will be a good PF
Just sign a top Free Agent C or PF this offseason
David Lee? shouldnt be too expensive, only 7-8mill per year, and you got yourself the quality big man you need
S&T him thats assuming lebron doesnt leave
He's 6'9 and Led league in double-doubles above Dweight Howard

Only flaw is bad defense, bad you can fix that right?

Chronz
06-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Randolph would be an improvement but not much of one, they arent dumb enough to trade for him.

cmstophe
06-07-2009, 10:19 PM

Best post in the thread

Only problem is LeBron hates playing in the post. Yep, you heard me right. He thinks it's "boring", despite the fact the team is almost unstoppable when he does it.

KnicksorBust
06-07-2009, 11:22 PM
The Cavs are probably the only team in the league that would be a good fit for Randolph. They have a superstar wing but no consistent post prescense. His 20-10 would take so much pressure off of LeBron. If I was Ferry I'd definately look into Zach Randolph. LeBron is just the kind of player who would be able to get Randolph to cut out the ******** too.

Storch
06-07-2009, 11:28 PM
Bosh would be the best pf for the cavs, not sheed and randolph. sheed is good but hes aging fast and its showing. Bosh would keep the cavs at a championship level for years and he can spread the floor.

Marques24kobe
06-07-2009, 11:52 PM
First off you guys better hope Ben Wallace retires. Otherwise as of this year you guys are 32 million over the cap. You have about 20 million comeing off this year which still leaves you 10 million over the cap. So the how the heck are you going to be able to sign Rasheed for 10 mil a year? The only way it happens is if you guys sign and trade or make a Lakers Pau Gasol trade!

king4day
06-08-2009, 12:25 AM
Randolph would be a terrible fit and Rasheed is well past his prime. The Cavs should make a play for a player like Amare or Chris Bosh. They need more talented/skilled big men up front to compliment Lebron.

*Rasheed is a good fit for a team that doesn't need help scoring up front, but more so is in need of a defensive low post player., i.e. San Antonio.

The Cavs entire team would be depleted for either type of deal to go down.
It would be based around Wallace, Hickson, and Pavlovic. Then you'd be talkin picks and possibly West or Gibson.

JordansBulls
06-08-2009, 12:30 AM
They got to worry about the Celtics more than the Magic next season. If the Celtics had KG they would have swept the Magic this year. They had the by 10 in the 4th quarter of game 6 with no KG. KG destroys Rasheed Wallace too. No doubt Sheed will make them better but that's not the piece of the puzzle that will push them over the top.

They will have to worry about both actually.

sciferguy
06-08-2009, 12:54 AM
Sheed at 10 mil is a bit on the high side but to say he is washed up is ridiculous. He is still really good in the post. Has an outside shot as well. And can defend quite well. He is a good pick up...yeah he is no bosh but the man can still play.

SouljahPhil...
06-08-2009, 12:55 AM
Sheed will be a good fit in SA or Cavs......

SouljahPhil...
06-08-2009, 12:59 AM
First off you guys better hope Ben Wallace retires. Otherwise as of this year you guys are 32 million over the cap. You have about 20 million comeing off this year which still leaves you 10 million over the cap. So the how the heck are you going to be able to sign Rasheed for 10 mil a year? The only way it happens is if you guys sign and trade or make a Lakers Pau Gasol trade!

10 mil over the cap is a small price to pay if you want to win...20 mil because off luxury tax...Or Lakers also is well above the cap and we need to resign LO,TA and Shannon...

So I think the cavs will surely pay for that money..

jrands
06-08-2009, 01:07 AM

haha

Marques24kobe
06-08-2009, 01:22 AM
10 mil over the cap is a small price to pay if you want to win...20 mil because off luxury tax...Or Lakers also is well above the cap and we need to resign LO,TA and Shannon...

So I think the cavs will surely pay for that money..

I understand that but your taking a huge risk. If it doesnt work you just paid a lot of luxury tax and you got Sheed for a couple more years because I really dont think a two year deal is going to get it done. LJ is gone once next year ends. So the only way I see them getting anyone is a sign and trade. Randoph does fit that but is he really any better then what they got? Is he going to stop Howard?

A lot of questions are there and a lot of money for the owner to spend. We will see. If it was my team Id say heck yeah do it we got one year to prove to LJ we can do it. If not it might be awhile.

JordansBulls
06-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Sheed will be a good fit in SA or Cavs......

I think it would better in Cleveland as they would need him more.

SouljahPhil...
06-08-2009, 08:22 AM
I understand that but your taking a huge risk. If it doesnt work you just paid a lot of luxury tax and you got Sheed for a couple more years because I really dont think a two year deal is going to get it done. LJ is gone once next year ends. So the only way I see them getting anyone is a sign and trade. Randoph does fit that but is he really any better then what they got? Is he going to stop Howard?

A lot of questions are there and a lot of money for the owner to spend. We will see. If it was my team Id say heck yeah do it we got one year to prove to LJ we can do it. If not it might be awhile.

that's the sad part...There's a big chance LBJ will be gone if they don't win it next year...

BTownTeamsRKing
06-08-2009, 10:02 AM
man superstars become more selfish by the year. This whole thing about "we need to please Lebron so he stays" is so against everything that has to do with winning as a team.

If your this worried about losing him bc he isnt happy, id say F U "king." as a team, we have more pride than to act like a doormat for one player who STILL DOESNT HAVE A TITLE.

Can the Cavs give him an extenstion now? I mean everyone knows its going to be a max contract reguardless, so if he declines an extension, then u know hes leaving. At that point u can trade him for a lot. Even if that team knows its a rental, its still Lebron for a year.

Cavs get:
2009 1st round pick
2009 2nd round pick
2010 1st round pick
David Lee
Wilson Chandler
Nate Robinson
Larry Hughes 12 mil contract

Knicks get:
Lebron James

if hes gonna leave, might as well get something for him.

king4day
06-08-2009, 10:13 AM
man superstars become more selfish by the year. This whole thing about "we need to please Lebron so he stays" is so against everything that has to do with winning as a team.

If your this worried about losing him bc he isnt happy, id say F U "king." as a team, we have more pride than to act like a doormat for one player who STILL DOESNT HAVE A TITLE.

Can the Cavs give him an extenstion now? I mean everyone knows its going to be a max contract reguardless, so if he declines an extension, then u know hes leaving. At that point u can trade him for a lot. Even if that team knows its a rental, its still Lebron for a year.

Cavs get:
2009 1st round pick
2009 2nd round pick
2010 1st round pick
David Lee
Wilson Chandler
Nate Robinson
Larry Hughes 12 mil contract

Knicks get:
Lebron James

if hes gonna leave, might as well get something for him.

The Jazz own that pick.
IMO, it's still not enough. The picks will be worthless and Nate and Lee can be had since he's an RFA.
Their franchise would be better off taking a chance at keeping him in Cleveland in 2010 than trading him assuming he'd leave.

Unless he flat out says he isn't resigning, then they should try keeping him. Not sure a team would take a one year rental while depleting their 'farm' for him. Could set the franchise back dearly.

philab
06-08-2009, 10:20 AM
What the Hell?

Zach has only contributed once to his team and that was during the Rasheed days in Portland.

Portland was happy to dump him and Knicks were even more cheerful when we dropped him for Cap.

Outside off the court, he has gotten into plenty of trouble. On the court he doesn't contribute to winning games. Stat filler.

I said Cleveland doesn't deserve to have a guy like him on their team. No one does, who wants a stat stuffer and worse of all 17 million guaranteed to him when he is not a max type player in 2010? He is a bad fit for Cleveland because he plays zero defense and even with talent around him he doesn't contribute to winning games. How can a player like that be successful in a playoff run with Cleveland? Worse of all he cost them 17 million in the year they want to resign LeBron + another star. Becomes impossible if he is on board at 17 million.

"Cleveland doesn't even deserve Zach" makes very little sense, especially given Randolph's history.

Now, assuming the above (^^) is true, it sounds like maybe what you meant to say was "Even Cleveland doesn't deserve Zach." That makes a little more sense. If that's not it, I'm still lost.

Your initial post made no sense and your smug "clarification" certainly didn't help matters.

But whatever. If I overreacted given the true intention of your post, then I apologize. My last post sounded a little worse than I had intended (as I think maybe your "clarification" did as well), but I [apparently] overreacted nonetheless.

Anyway, Randolph to the Cavaliers doesn't sound like the best idea. If it's the best they can muster, I say do it. It seems to me that there are plenty of better options though.

Durant is hype
06-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Sheed would be a great fit in Cleveland.

effen5
06-08-2009, 11:18 AM
I think sheed would fit great in Cleveland, but I dont think its still enough...

RaysFan
06-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Delonte West is a great defender, he is just short. Cleveland does need a James Posey type of SF/SG coming off the bench.

Wallace would be an upgrade. He is what he is but he would be Cleveland's best scoring option at PF in the LeBron era. Then Cleveland could trade some of their expirings for an athletic SG/SF like Richard Jefferson and they would be the favorite to win it all.

JordansBulls
06-09-2009, 10:55 AM
the cavs need another perimeter defender off the bench like james posey or trevor ariza!! Lebron is their only perimeter defender!! if they woulda had another perimeter defender against orlando to check hedo or rashard they woulda won that series! thats why Kobe has so much sucsess because he dont always have to check the best player and that gives him more energy on the offensive end.

How do the Cavs get this perimeter defender? They just need a Raja Bell at the SG.

Actually, the Cavs don't need a perimeter defender in the east. They went against Alston and Lee in the backcourt. You don't need a lock down defender for them.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-09-2009, 12:11 PM
The Jazz own that pick.
IMO, it's still not enough. The picks will be worthless and Nate and Lee can be had since he's an RFA.
Their franchise would be better off taking a chance at keeping him in Cleveland in 2010 than trading him assuming he'd leave.

Unless he flat out says he isn't resigning, then they should try keeping him. Not sure a team would take a one year rental while depleting their 'farm' for him. Could set the franchise back dearly.

man i tried my best to put together the best package the knicks could possibly offer. they got nothing.

cstreid
06-09-2009, 01:11 PM
the cavs need another perimeter defender off the bench like james posey or trevor ariza!! Lebron is their only perimeter defender!! if they woulda had another perimeter defender against orlando to check hedo or rashard they woulda won that series! thats why Kobe has so much sucsess because he dont always have to check the best player and that gives him more energy on the offensive end.

It was the front court that killed them, not the perimeter defense. If they can find a guy to shut down Howard they arent stretching to support the bigs and leaving the 3pt line unmanned.

The Pistons have owned the magic for years, and sheed was a big part of that. I think he would be a very nice addition to the cavs. Would give me something interesting to watch while my Pistons struggle to get back to relevance.

futureman
06-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Lebron will be leaving for certain if they trade for randolph. That guy can't stay out of trouble for one whole season.