PDA

View Full Version : Magic to play Howard and Gortat together????

rapjuicer06
06-06-2009, 12:27 PM
"Van Gundy said he would alter his substitution patterns for Game 2, and -- in a shift from his statements of the previous night -- indicated that using a Twin Towers alignment of Dwight Howard at center and Marcin Gortat at power forward was an option if he feels the defensive boost wouldn't cause too many problems on the offensive end of the court.

"Of the nine guys we played, I thought Gortat had the best all-around game last night," Van Gundy said.

The Orlando coach also spoke about how the Lakers' size was something the Magic had difficulty adjusting to when trying to run their offense, and he took the blame for his team's lack of energy by saying the defensive scheme he installed to defend against the pick-and-roll was too passive -- and that passivity carried over into other aspects of the game."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4235449

i've been waiting for this allllllll year

EX-TREME
06-06-2009, 01:40 PM
i expected the adjustment. the lakers length and frontcourt have bother us. hopefully it will work for us. he is in there for defensive purpose. the problem is on the offensive side when he don't have a mid range j to space to court like battie. it will give howard and pietrus hedo and everybody who is driving. and gortat is not a good passer which makes it even harder. but he gives us toughness hustle and defense.

MagicBucsSox
06-06-2009, 02:15 PM
i perfer battie because he can knock down mid range j's more and he's tough. but hey we gotta back off kobe and take his team away. crazy as it sounds the last 3 games he's played in lbj's style

rapjuicer06
06-06-2009, 02:51 PM
^^^battie couldn't make **** go in the toilet last game....i'd rather have a defensive and rebounding presence

EX-TREME
06-06-2009, 02:54 PM
^^^battie couldn't make **** go in the toilet last game....i'd rather have a defensive and rebounding presence

which we have in gortat

MagicBucsSox
06-06-2009, 03:03 PM

who did? the guy can hit that consistently too, it was just him missing shots i guess

lakers sqaud
06-06-2009, 04:04 PM
DWIGHT has alot of class as well as yall"s team & fan suport...just thought I would share those feelings with yall I look foward 2 a really great finals~!

MAC10TIZZY
06-06-2009, 04:14 PM
DWIGHT has alot of class as well as yall"s team & fan suport...just thought I would share those feelings with yall I look foward 2 a really great finals~!

thank you sir!

EX-TREME
06-06-2009, 04:52 PM

thx :) you have also a great team with alot of history, championships and alot of great players.

marlinsfan24
06-06-2009, 04:57 PM
I'd like to see Alston and Nelson play together as well.

EX-TREME
06-06-2009, 05:08 PM

stan have considered about that move next season

lakers sqaud
06-06-2009, 05:09 PM
thx:) right back & yall have been right there @ wining it all a few times...& at the time the magic was my 2nd most faveret team with shaq,it pissed me off when I found out he was leaving the magic...that is untill I found out we was getting him,but as it is now ive lost all respect for shaq,but the magic still have a spot were it counts with me & howard is a great player & yall will get a championship with him if he stays around,just dont want him & yall 2 get it @ my lakers expense...if we loose though theres no other team than yall that I would want 2 see win it LOL...:)go lakers!!!!!!;)

Sophi127
06-06-2009, 05:18 PM

Are you crazy? The Magic are already having trouble with the Lakers size and now you want to make their backcourt pint size. Who would guard Kobe? Not Alston and definitely nor Nelson or even Hedo. At least with Lee you have lenght and strenght to stay infron of Kobe.

Another thing if the Magic start both Howard and Gorta and they both get into foul trouble the Magic will absolutely not have any type of change to win. Also, the offense will become less potent and their bench will have no one to play the safety net defense. Let's be real the Lakers just present multiple match up nightmares for the Magic.

EX-TREME
06-06-2009, 05:24 PM
thx:) right back & yall have been right there @ wining it all a few times...& at the time the magic was my 2nd most faveret team with shaq,it pissed me off when I found out he was leaving the magic...that is untill I found out we was getting him,but as it is now ive lost all respect for shaq,but the magic still have a spot were it counts with me & howard is a great player & yall will get a championship with him if he stays around,just dont want him & yall 2 get it @ my lakers expense...if we loose though theres no other team than yall that I would want 2 see win it LOL...:)go lakers!!!!!!;)

and the lakers is one of my favorite teams. i love kobe bryant. he is the most complete players in the game. shaq is just immature. nice to see laker fans showing some class even though you beat us by 25 points. i would love to see kobe get his fourth ring. shaq needed kobe and dwade. :)

lakers sqaud
06-06-2009, 05:32 PM
and the lakers is one of my favorite teams. i love kobe bryant. he is the most complete players in the game. shaq is just immature. nice to see laker fans showing some class even though you beat us by 25 points. i would love to see kobe get his fourth ring. shaq needed kobe and dwade. :)

I agree, but anways im going 2 leave yall along good luck guys going foward in the future:)~!

EX-TREME
06-06-2009, 06:09 PM
I agree, but anways im going 2 leave yall along good luck guys going foward in the future:)~!

alright bye and good luck to you and to your team

Hotone1401
06-07-2009, 02:19 AM
:DI have to agree with the other Laker fan. I'm kind of a Magic fan too now and always have been a fan of Dwight Howard. The kid is just waiting to explode and dominate this league for years to come. I really hope he develops his offensive game but just not until my Lakers title run is done. I love everything about your team and the fans are the classiest that I've ever encountered on this forum. Good luck to you guys in the future but the Lakers are still gonna take this series!!:D

BigDaddyKaine
06-07-2009, 05:08 AM
Yea Dwight has got to be one of the Nicest people in the NBA i mean helping bynum in the upcoming off season with his workouts to become a beast like Dwight... Im not going to wish the magic good luck cuz i obviously want the lakers to win lol

rapjuicer06
06-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Are you crazy? The Magic are already having trouble with the Lakers size and now you want to make their backcourt pint size. Who would guard Kobe? Not Alston and definitely nor Nelson or even Hedo. At least with Lee you have lenght and strenght to stay infron of Kobe.

Another thing if the Magic start both Howard and Gorta and they both get into foul trouble the Magic will absolutely not have any type of change to win. Also, the offense will become less potent and their bench will have no one to play the safety net defense. Let's be real the Lakers just present multiple match up nightmares for the Magic.

well they way i see it, its the same as starting bynum and gasol for you guys, if they get in foul trouble odom takes over, and if he gets in foul trouble you have another big who isn't very good, but could step in. just like orlando does. battie can step in play some big min. and if he gets in foul trouble we still have foyle, he may not be the best, but he's still decent enough. so if we do it this way then it'll be a lot better of a match up. bynums offense is better than gortats, but gortats defense is better than gasols and bynums, so gortat would guard gasol and completely take him out like he did when he was in guarding pau. and then dwight on bynum, bynum will get in foul trouble (the refs are waaaay to picky with him) and he'll be out then odom comes in and then gortat would go out. thats the way i see it any way. i'd like to see howard, gortat, lewis, MP and turk in all together and have turk run the point. for at least a few min. to say the least

dos132
06-07-2009, 09:49 AM
game 2 will be a nice game.... :ohno:

:dance:

kevvvo247
06-07-2009, 10:36 AM
well they way i see it, its the same as starting bynum and gasol for you guys, if they get in foul trouble odom takes over, and if he gets in foul trouble you have another big who isn't very good, but could step in. just like orlando does. battie can step in play some big min. and if he gets in foul trouble we still have foyle, he may not be the best, but he's still decent enough. so if we do it this way then it'll be a lot better of a match up. bynums offense is better than gortats, but gortats defense is better than gasols and bynums, so gortat would guard gasol and completely take him out like he did when he was in guarding pau. and then dwight on bynum, bynum will get in foul trouble (the refs are waaaay to picky with him) and he'll be out then odom comes in and then gortat would go out. thats the way i see it any way. i'd like to see howard, gortat, lewis, MP and turk in all together and have turk run the point. for at least a few min. to say the least

i'd love to see that, also. this is where the magic begin to scramble and change what got them here. i love it. all year, orlando has been a spread the floor/ dump it in team playing from the outside in to howard. the whole advantage was lewis' ability to extend and run gasol, with gortat that's gone. with hedo running the point against ariza's on-ball D, you'd be getting into your sets with about 12 seconds on the SC. give it a shot, though.

rapjuicer06
06-07-2009, 10:45 AM
this may be off point but hopefully the refs take pau's flopping and start making no calls....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjsFu882zks

kevvvo247
06-07-2009, 11:04 AM
this may be off point but hopefully the refs take pau's flopping and start making no calls....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjsFu882zks

way off point. like some sort of smear campaign, lol.

rapjuicer06
06-07-2009, 12:38 PM
way off point. like some sort of smear campaign, lol.

hmm i'm pretty sure i said, this maybe off point....wow nice reading skills :clap:

kevvvo247
06-07-2009, 01:35 PM
anyway, to those who would rather talk basketball than start little trivial, childish, and OFF TOPIC rifts. explain how the gortat thing will help you.

rapjuicer06
06-07-2009, 02:31 PM
he can guard gasol better than lewis can? and then howard can guard bynum? and then if kobe or anyone else tries going in the lane they have to worry about two bigs in there???? do you not see any of that?

kevvvo247
06-07-2009, 03:12 PM
its too close to game time, i can't wait!

MagicDojo
06-07-2009, 06:25 PM
i expected the adjustment. the lakers length and frontcourt have bother us. hopefully it will work for us. he is in there for defensive purpose. the problem is on the offensive side when he don't have a mid range j to space to court like battie. it will give howard and pietrus hedo and everybody who is driving. and gortat is not a good passer which makes it even harder. but he gives us toughness hustle and defense.

Actually Gortat has a very good 15 ft J as many European bigs do.

EX-TREME
06-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Actually Gortat has a very good 15 ft J as many European bigs do.

but his jumper is not consistent. but his j has potential

BULLSDROSE1
06-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Im A big fan of the magic I always liked Howard,Nelson,And Lewis.

Cant wait to see Gortat and D12 together!!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!