PDA

View Full Version : What would YOU do?

Hellcrooner
06-06-2009, 03:09 AM
You are the Grizzlies

You ahve the Sg and SF positions locked with future allstars Mayo and Gay

you have COnley and Gasol for pg and C position, both in the proper circumstances can become 15 ppg dudes and very solid starters for a contedners.

you have a Glaring HOLE at PF.

Its unlikey Boozer or Millsap will sign for you in Fa.

You got the second Pick.

Theres no way in hell Clippers dont take Griffin.

Wasting the pick on HIll could be a dirty Risk.

COnley may have good trade value

Gasol may have good trade value

Keeping conley and Drafting Rubio makes no sense

Keeping Gasol and Drafting Thabeet makes no sense.

Do you draft Rubio and Trade conley?

Do you Draft Thabeet and Trade marc?

abe_froman
06-06-2009, 03:14 AM
ricky is and will continue to be better than conley and there's a noticeable drop of between 2 and 3(ricky and thabeet).i'm taking ricky(despite your protests)

Hellcrooner
06-06-2009, 03:18 AM
If Conley goes i have no protest in Ricky being in memphis until rookie contract is up.

The ones protesting wil be Mayo and Specially Gay when they feel he is giving too much passes to Marc and Wichever Pf they get instead of passing only to them Both.

Boston Faithful
06-06-2009, 03:50 AM
This isn't even a question. Rubio won't go to the Grizzlies. They are going to take Thabeet.

kingbrentg
06-06-2009, 03:54 AM
PG: Conley
SG: Mayo
SF: Gay
PF: Gasol
C: Thabeet

Yes, new twin towers.

i.got.the.nutz
06-06-2009, 04:58 AM
After watching Thabeet at UConn, I'm not convinced he's worth a top 3 pick. I haven't seen much of Rubio either, but I'll take my chances on Rubio rather than Thabeet with the third pick.

dos132
06-06-2009, 06:14 AM
i see more potentials from rubio, rather than thabeet......:horse:

kbaxter34
06-06-2009, 07:41 AM
Rubio may turn out to be the best player in the draft. Thabeet shouldn't be in the top 10 IMO

FarOutIos
06-06-2009, 07:44 AM
How about the option of trading up for Blake? Seems to me like the Clippers have all but advertised the fact that they love Rubio. Give them an excuse to get the player they love... has any offer been made?

You would think a win-win situation could be attained.

Faneik
06-06-2009, 09:00 AM
How about the option of trading up for Blake? Seems to me like the Clippers have all but advertised the fact that they love Rubio. Give them an excuse to get the player they love... has any offer been made?

You would think a win-win situation could be attained.

You forgot Baron Davis in that situation.

Unless they ship Baron the deal makes no sense.

Tblaze
06-06-2009, 09:55 AM
I say draft Rubio and try package him for the #1

IndyRealist
06-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Ricky Rubio, Rudy Gay, and Marko Jaric for Blade Griffin and Baron Davis. Jaric and Darko Milicic are interchangeable here, Darko has an expiring contract but Marko fills more holes for the Clippers.

I'm not convinced that Rudy Gay is going to be an all star. They've been talking about it since he was drafted, and before last year people said he was better than Danny Granger. Obviously that's not the case.

This trade gets the Clips Rubio, who they love, and allows them to keep playing Camby, who they love, with Kaman at C. With Randolph coming off the bench, they simply have the -most- loaded frontcourt in the NBA, assuming everyone's healthy. They'd get to drop Baron and his large contract to make room for Rubio.

The Griz get Blake Griffin to fill their PF hole, and Baron Davis to lead the pack. While Conley might not take a backseat to a rookie PG, he will for Davis. Yes, they lose Gay, but they more than make up for it with upgrades at PG and PF. They will be a far more balanced team, able to attack the post as well as shoot and slash from the perimeter. Resign Warrick, retain Conley, and not only does Memphis have a talented starting 5, they have depth.

EDIT: Of course, since trading up isn't one of the choices, draft Rubio. I don't think the Griz can afford to trade away what little post scoring they have.

VCaintdead17
06-06-2009, 12:38 PM

Yes, new twin towers.

x2

lakersrock
06-06-2009, 12:48 PM
I say they trade the pick. Rubio and Thabeet don't really help Mayo, Gay and Gasol now. Maybe they could trade #2 for the Bobcats 1st and Okafor. I'm not sure how likely it is, but they'd have a nice lineup if they took Lawson.

Lawson
Mayo
Gay
Okafor
Gasol

Hellcrooner
06-06-2009, 01:35 PM
1st thing Gasol can by no means play the PF in the Nba, he almost couldnt do it in Fiba.
I Doubt thabeet can play Pf too.

2 i said Gay was an allstar project because thats what Memphis Fans and Staff and even some nba fans think, in my opinion he is just an stat padder a lockerroom cancer and the perfect mix of Antoine Walker and starbury of the future. They were REALLY stupid not to accept amare for conley and gay last season.

Hawkeye15
06-06-2009, 03:21 PM
whether you think Rubio will be better than Thabeet, or anyone else, he has higher value, so you take him no matter what. Keep Conley, you already got rid of Lowry, and start Rubio with a short leash.
And as for Gay and Mayo being future all stars, that will need to be determined, sorry. Gay, I can see if the Grizz ever amount to anything again, Mayo, not so sure. Their owner has a history of not paying players to stick around, so until something gives, Memphis is just running circles.

Hawkeye15
06-06-2009, 03:23 PM
I say they trade the pick. Rubio and Thabeet don't really help Mayo, Gay and Gasol now. Maybe they could trade #2 for the Bobcats 1st and Okafor. I'm not sure how likely it is, but they'd have a nice lineup if they took Lawson.

Lawson
Mayo
Gay
Okafor
Gasol

That is a great trade dude, good call. Memphis's backcourt is small here, but there front lineup is very big. You will need to fill out some salary from Memphis part, ie, they will have to move player as well, Okafor makes a lot of money

Ray_R
06-06-2009, 03:53 PM
I would choose Thabeet just becuase Ricky said he doesnt want to play for a small market and ther might be loyalty issues

Hawkeye15
06-06-2009, 03:56 PM
I would choose Thabeet just becuase Ricky said he doesnt want to play for a small market and ther might be loyalty issues

yeah, but you can't pick that way. Just because Thabeet for instance, doesn't say that, doesn't mean he isn't thinking it. And Rubio would be fine playing for them, he already has a friend there. Plus, it doesn't matter where he plays, he will get endorsements, he has been famous for the last couple years internationally anyways

Ray_R
06-06-2009, 03:56 PM
ps u misspelled his name in the poll

superkegger
06-06-2009, 04:07 PM
I'd take Rubio and then package gay and conley for somebody huge. maybe you can trade them for the #1 pick. Idk. But I'd take rubio and trade gay and conley for a legit post scorer.

Ray_R
06-06-2009, 10:32 PM
yeah, but you can't pick that way. Just because Thabeet for instance, doesn't say that, doesn't mean he isn't thinking it. And Rubio would be fine playing for them, he already has a friend there. Plus, it doesn't matter where he plays, he will get endorsements, he has been famous for the last couple years internationally anyways

There no problems on endorsment is just what i see as character

randomness
06-06-2009, 10:48 PM
Since Rubio isn't going to Memphis, I say choose Thabeet and put Gasol at PF. His brother plays it, why not him?

Hellcrooner
06-07-2009, 03:21 AM
because his brother is much quicker , has better feet moves and smoother touch?

J_M_B
06-07-2009, 08:17 PM
Take Rubio and trade Conley

Cavs_Fan24
06-07-2009, 08:22 PM
It's hard to say, but i personally am considering next year. If the Grizzlies suck for another year, they may be able to get John Wall, therefore you take Thabeet now, but John Wall isn't the big distributing type that Rubio is which Memphis needs because tehy already have scorers in Gay and Mayo.

IMO, you can't pass up on a guy like Rubio. Take Ricky, and keep Conley because I think he's better coming off teh bench, unless they can get the right deal for him and possibly trade him on draft night to get another pick.

JDizzle
06-07-2009, 08:31 PM
move back to VANCOVER HA

mikantsass
06-07-2009, 08:45 PM
You are the Grizzlies

You ahve the Sg and SF positions locked with future allstars Mayo and Gay

you have COnley and Gasol for pg and C position, both in the proper circumstances can become 15 ppg dudes and very solid starters for a contedners.

you have a Glaring HOLE at PF.

Its unlikey Boozer or Millsap will sign for you in Fa.

You got the second Pick.

Theres no way in hell Clippers dont take Griffin.

Wasting the pick on HIll could be a dirty Risk.

COnley may have good trade value

Gasol may have good trade value

Keeping conley and Drafting Rubio makes no sense

Keeping Gasol and Drafting Thabeet makes no sense.

Do you draft Rubio and Trade conley?

Do you Draft Thabeet and Trade marc?

The Griz have their offensive guys. Its time to get some toughness and defense on that team. They need to take Thabeet.

mzgrizz
06-08-2009, 12:00 AM
They were REALLY stupid not to accept amare for conley and gay last season.

Hellcrooner.....a trade for Amare with ANYONE last year would have been disastrous. I guess there's virtually no one on PSD who understands how serious a detached retina is. Google it....or search Pub Med and see that Amare Stoudamire TODAY would be the absolute WORST thing Memphis could gamble on.

IndyRealist
06-08-2009, 12:36 AM

The difference is that Rubio has a choice. He can stay in Spain, where he already gets paid millions and is treated like a rock star. Heck, I think he can still pull out of the draft, too. The best bet is to draft him and trade his rights to LAL or NYK.

IversonIsKrazy
06-08-2009, 12:50 AM
rubio. thabeet has such raw talent. Then do horrible this season, and get a high pick again, and draft a star PF, lol. but for now, Rubio.

Rubio/OJ/Rudy/?/Gasol

iluvsports2much
06-08-2009, 01:42 AM
The difference is that Rubio has a choice. He can stay in Spain, where he already gets paid millions and is treated like a rock star. Heck, I think he can still pull out of the draft, too. The best bet is to draft him and trade his rights to LAL or NYK.

wat you thinkin the lake show gonna give up for him?id love to have him no question,hes the most NBA ready player in the draft,and that being said,id think the lakers/knicks would have to give up a lot to aquire him in a trade..

LA_Raiders
06-08-2009, 11:00 AM

Yes, new twin towers.

That sounds good....Ricky is not even in the NBA yet and he has a damn big ego for not wanting to play for the grizz

pauljames
06-08-2009, 04:10 PM
i would try to trade for steph curry. The best team mate for mayo at the 1 is a good shooter and thats his specialty. Trade ricky to the knicks for their pick (curry) and david lee.
Steph Curry
OJ Mayo
Rudy Gay
Lee
Gasol

bball1217
06-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Would any of these teams do this trade:
Suns get:
2nd overall pick
Huge cap space
Darrell Arthur (1,050,480)
Adam Morrison (5,257,228 expiring)

Grizzlies get:
Andrew Bynum (12,526,998)
L. Barbosa (6,600,000)

Lakers get:
Amare Stoudemire (16,378,325)

Suns
Suns Lineup (taking rubio with 2nd pick):
Rubio
Richardson
FA (about $12 million to sign with)
Arthur
Shaq

They could also trade away Shaq and get some more get youth or let him expire and have tons of cap space to work with in 2010. Also much more possibilities if they decide to keep Nash and draft someone like Thabeet (trade Shaq) or Harden or someone else.

Reasons:
1. Saves them money (looks like what their owner wants to do)
2. Great youth (Rubio and Arthur)
3. Much cap space to sign a FA (really good one) in both 2009 and 2010

Lakers
Lakers lineup:
Fisher
Bryant
Ariza
Stoudemire
Gasol

Reasons:
1. Gets them more consistency and athleticism and talent.
2. Low risk (expires in 2010 (player option) or 2011)
3. Keeps youth...and Stoudemire is a beast

Grizzlies
Grizzlies lineup:
Conley
Mayo
Gay
FA (about 6 million to work with)
Bynum

Could trade away or buyout Milic's contract and have about 12 million in cap space to get someone like David Lee or Paul Millsap.

Reasons:
1. Get big time center, center of the future.
2. Keep good cap space (probably were unlikely to get Boozer anyway)
3. Amazing potential

What do you guys think?

mrblisterdundee
06-09-2009, 03:04 AM
If I were in the Grizzlies' position, I would contact Toronto. I would try to set up a deal sending Thabeet to the Raptors in exchange for Andrea Bargnani.
Andrea Bargnani might be too soft to be a center, but I think he would make a great power forward, with a playing style like Dirk Nowitzki.

TmacBryant
06-09-2009, 05:53 AM
Thabeet does have a lot of potential.

Thabeet is the next Okafor. he has a lot of potential... i think everyone is just scared because they think he will be the next greg oden.

i think he will average 10-15 pts 10 reb 1.5 blocks.... he might not be as good as okafor offensively, but if he gets stronger he will be a much better defender imo.