PDA

View Full Version : Amare, Shaq best team fits

JDizzle
06-05-2009, 06:50 PM
I personally would like to see shaq end up in new orleans. I believe he has something left in the tank and with chris paul at the point he could probably make him a better player then he was last year.

As for Amare I dont know if they could do this but the cavs would surly go nutz if they could end up getting him. they would probably have to give up 1 potiental starter and a couple core guys but lebron and amare together would be insane.

let me know your thoughts

abe_froman
06-05-2009, 06:55 PM
amare would be better in a faster offensive style(ny,chi,gs)

blacknell
06-05-2009, 07:06 PM
shaq needs to be in dallas i think he helps them get over the hump

Vinny642
06-05-2009, 07:07 PM
If we get Shaq I wouldnt mind draft BJ Mullens so he can be taught by Shaq. Or drafting/signing a SG/SF

jimbobjarree
06-05-2009, 07:11 PM
ak and harpring for Shaq!

perfect trade for both sides, the only problem would be Shaq's attitude towards a year in SLC

Kakaroach
06-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Amare anywhere they run. Golden State, NY, or Indiana. Or maybe another place called Phoenix...

AirJordan23
06-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Shaq would fit really well with a team that has a 4 to spread the floor all the way up to the 3 point line and a team that runs the half-court offense. Dallas makes sense since it gives them a low post presence, takes some pressure off Dirk and they have spot up shooters that Shaq can kick out to if doubled. Cavs would be a good fit as well. It's common sense that he won't work in a run N' gun system due to fatigue and stamina issues.

loki34
06-05-2009, 08:20 PM
ak and harpring for Shaq!

perfect trade for both sides, the only problem would be Shaq's attitude towards a year in SLC
perfect system for shaq

J_M_B
06-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Shaq to Dallas

Amare to either NY,CHI, or any other offensive style team.

shas
06-05-2009, 08:32 PM
amare and marion in toronto.

MAC10TIZZY
06-05-2009, 09:04 PM
turk, gortat, and alston for shaq or amare... magic would be sick..seventy+ wins season

lakers4sho
06-05-2009, 09:17 PM
I personally would like to see shaq end up in new orleans. I believe he has something left in the tank and with chris paul at the point he could probably make him a better player then he was last year.

As for Amare I dont know if they could do this but the cavs would surly go nutz if they could end up getting him. they would probably have to give up 1 potiental starter and a couple core guys but lebron and amare together would be insane.

:puke:

Shaq in a pick-and-roll system?? No way.

bringbackfredex
06-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Shaq reuniting with Orlando...and being with his best buddy Stan Van :rolleyes:

dos132
06-05-2009, 09:29 PM
amare will fit on miami or washington, and shaq will fit on clippers or blazers, shaq and roy will be a better pair....

GspLAL
06-05-2009, 09:33 PM
turk, gortat, and alston for shaq or amare... magic would be sick..seventy+ wins season

There would be conflicts regarding who gets the ball and when between Amare/Dwight, it's not all about getting the best players, chemistry is half of your team makeup.

IversonIsKrazy
06-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Shaq: Hornets or Mavericks.

Amare: CHI-TOWN

IversonIsKrazy
06-05-2009, 09:37 PM
imagine if shaq paired up with dwight though in orlando... wow.

Living Legend
06-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Shaqcago

lakers4sho
06-05-2009, 09:39 PM
imagine if shaq paired up with dwight though in orlando... wow.

Orlando would suck. Think about it.

b_rad23
06-05-2009, 09:41 PM

Nelson
Lee
Lewis
Dwight
Shaq

would not suck. Dwight could play PF.

No one would score in the paint and they'd overpower everyone and have 3 shooters in the lineup.

lakers4sho
06-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Nelson
Lee
Lewis
Dwight
Shaq

No one would score in the paint and they'd overpower everyone and have 3 shooters in the lineup.

That clogs the lane for both penetrations and inside game for Dwight and Shaq. Not to mention that Dwight's game would be affected because Shaq would either demand the ball away from him or he would just get in the way.

Orlando's game isn't based on "overpowering" everyone.

rabzouz 96
06-05-2009, 09:54 PM
best destination for shaq would be the cavs right now.

Living Legend
06-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Shaqcago

Shaq is the exact player that Chi-town needs.

juggla53
06-05-2009, 10:36 PM
somebody brought it up but Amare as the 5 in golden state's offense would be deadly and he'd fit in great for their team D considering like the rest of them he doesnt play any. A contender with a veteren team like dallas could deffinatley use shaq as nowitzki would play great off of him and would get so many open looks because even though shaq's declineing he still commands a lot of attention when he has the ball in the paint

shonk688
06-05-2009, 10:46 PM
Amare anywhere they run. Golden State, NY, or Indiana. Or maybe another place called Phoenix...

x2 Amare and Granger would be sick.

lakers4sho
06-05-2009, 10:46 PM
best destination for shaq would be the cavs right now.

Wrong. Shaq takes away space for LeBron's pick-and-roll, plus he can't hit the midrange J the way Big Z can, and we all know that the pick-and-pop is one of their bread and butter plays.

Totally works against LeBron's strengths.

JPHX
06-06-2009, 01:37 AM
Amare: bakersfield jam

Shaq: L.A., hornets

juggla53
06-06-2009, 02:17 AM
Nelson
Lee
Lewis
Dwight
Shaq

What are you playing NBA Live? That is NOT a stan van gundy lineup and is the complete opposite of what has gotten them to the finals this year. Shaq would totally slow down that offense and at this point in his career would not work at all in the pick and roll, not to mention the fact that him and VanGundy dont like one another and have made that clear publicly. Sorry but i really dont see that situation being good for either side

Bulls_fan90
06-06-2009, 03:16 AM
Wrong. Shaq takes away space for LeBron's pick-and-roll, plus he can't hit the midrange J the way Big Z can, and we all know that the pick-and-pop is one of their bread and butter plays.

Totally works against LeBron's strengths.

Your WRONG. If the cavs had shaq they would be playing in the finals right now. What your saying makes absolutely no sense. Yes that is a bread and butter play for the cavs BUT when new players come into the system the teams adjust and play a different game.

rabzouz 96
06-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Your WRONG. If the cavs had shaq they would be playing in the finals right now. What your saying makes absolutely no sense. Yes that is a bread and butter play for the cavs BUT when new players come into the system the teams adjust and play a different game.

thank you

Kyben36
06-06-2009, 12:48 PM
He would fit the best in chicago. ( no offense to anyone else ) Chicago Offense runs around pick and rolls set for our Guards or drive and kicks. Amare is one of the best Pick and roll players in the league, maybe thats parcialy because of Nash, but he has good hands and knows how to cut to the basket for a dunk. And beleive me, everyone in chicago is tired for Tyrus thinking he is a great jump shooter from 17 feet. He would be a great fit, and with our new PG Rose, the 2 of them being great threats to finish, a pick and roll with them would be one of the sickest in History.

lakers4sho
06-06-2009, 12:49 PM

:confused:

Do you even know what you're saying? GMs find players who FIT the system, not the other way around. The coach isn't gonna change a system just because one player doesn't fit.

Exactly the reason why Shaq doesn't fit in a run-and-gun system. That's plain common sense.

Kyben36
06-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Anyone who says that Shaq is a good fit for the bulls is wrong, we do need a post player but we are a running team with Rose. Amare is the best player to have for the bulls.

MJ-BULLS
06-06-2009, 01:02 PM
He would fit the best in chicago. ( no offense to anyone else ) Chicago Offense runs around pick and rolls set for our Guards or drive and kicks. Amare is one of the best Pick and roll players in the league, maybe thats parcialy because of Nash, but he has good hands and knows how to cut to the basket for a dunk. And beleive me, everyone in chicago is tired for Tyrus thinking he is a great jump shooter from 17 feet. He would be a great fit, and with our new PG Rose, the 2 of them being great threats to finish, a pick and roll with them would be one of the sickest in History.

WELL SAID :clap:

Bulls_fan90
06-06-2009, 11:24 PM
:confused:

Do you even know what you're saying? GMs find players who FIT the system, not the other way around. The coach isn't gonna change a system just because one player doesn't fit.

Exactly the reason why Shaq doesn't fit in a run-and-gun system. That's plain common sense.

The question should be do you know what your talking about.....and the answer is NO.

1. The cavs were extremely interested in shaq earlier on in the year and were unable to come tup with a trade that satisfied the suns.

2. FIT THE SYSTEM? Ben Wallace (most likely gone), Big Z (struggled to contribute), Anderson Varejao (free agent). Also the cavs owner as well as the media suggested that there will be an overhaul of the team in order to help the team progress further.

Your argument makes no sense. This "system" that you keep bringing up is a horrible arguement as to why Shaq wont fit in with the cavs. Half the team will most likely be gone by the start of next season.

VinceGully
06-07-2009, 12:24 AM

somebody other than dwight to actually rebound...wouldnt be that bad

gumpspeed
06-07-2009, 01:16 AM
Shaq is 20 million expiring. If you are talking about rebuilding, why would PHX trade for an often injured, overpaid Ty Chandler. You might as well give that time to Lopez. I am for trading Nash. That is who you guys should be talking about. That punk wants a raise!!! JRich, LB and Amare are all proven guys, defense or no defense. PHX won't trade them for trash. If they keep Nash, then they will trade JRich and Shaq, thus signing the oft injured Chandler and expiring. JRich would look good in Chi for Deng.

Nash
LB
Deng
Amare
Chandler

just rebuilt!!

lakers4sho
06-07-2009, 01:28 AM
The question should be do you know what your talking about.....and the answer is NO.

1. The cavs were extremely interested in shaq earlier on in the year and were unable to come tup with a trade that satisfied the suns.

2. FIT THE SYSTEM? Ben Wallace (most likely gone), Big Z (struggled to contribute), Anderson Varejao (free agent). Also the cavs owner as well as the media suggested that there will be an overhaul of the team in order to help the team progress further.

Your argument makes no sense.This "system" that you keep bringing up is a horrible arguement as to why Shaq wont fit in with the cavs. Half the team will most likely be gone by the start of next season.

Do you know what a system is?

Kings Faithful
06-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Could you imagine if Shaq was on the Kings... (not saying I want that)... the Shaqramento Kings....lol

Bulls_fan90
06-07-2009, 03:48 AM

:laugh:
Thats the best you could come up with?

DownUnder
06-07-2009, 04:10 AM
Amare would be perfect in the bulls system, unfortunately.

Shaq, well the old Shaq anyways, would work in any offense and is the most dominant defensive player of our time. I would be real happy having the big Deisel playing back in LA, BUT, I'm not sold Kobe and Phil would be really that keen. Kobe/Shaq/Gasol = next 3 rings.

dee279
06-07-2009, 06:33 AM
puttin shaq on the same team as dwight? Yall who said dat gotta be dumb. Shaq been talkin to much hate towards Dwight and u want them to be on the same team? YEAH OK.

dee279
06-07-2009, 06:37 AM
Amare would be perfect in the bulls system, unfortunately.

Shaq, well the old Shaq anyways, would work in any offense and is the most dominant defensive player of our time. I would be real happy having the big Deisel playing back in LA, BUT, I'm not sold Kobe and Phil would be really that keen. Kobe/Shaq/Gasol = next 3 rings.

Mutombo was more dominant defensively then Shaq. Defensively i would have picked Alonzo over Shaq. Tim Duncan is a better defensive player now. But shaq was really good at blocking shots back in the day.

jimbobjarree
06-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Shaq lake city ftw

lakers4sho
06-07-2009, 11:44 AM
:laugh:
Thats the best you could come up with?

No seriously. Because based from your responses it seems like you have no clue about what the hell a system is :eyebrow:

SlaterRaps
06-07-2009, 12:05 PM
could you imagine if shaq was on the kings... (not saying i want that)... The shaqramento kings....lol

hahahahhahahahah

Living Legend
06-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Could you imagine if Shaq was on the Kings... (not saying I want that)... the Shaqramento Kings....lol

I like Shaqcago better

Pauleboman
06-07-2009, 12:36 PM
I like Shaqcago better

We should hang bro...Amare Stoudamire come on down..If the shoe fits wear it..Or You fit like a glove..

OG "Dee" LOCc
06-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Amare to the knicks.

Pauleboman
06-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Amare to the knicks.

What are you smokin you have Big Al already...

Vinsane#15
06-07-2009, 03:53 PM
I'll be the first to say that the Nets should pick up Shaq. The man wants to move them to Newark and play with VC. If this happens, the Nets could have a shot at the title with a developed Lopez and more experienced young Nets team. VC would get a chance at his first ring and Lopez would learn a lot from a legend like Shaq.

mikantsass
06-07-2009, 06:59 PM

Shaq would be a good fit in LA (lakers) or Utah.

Amare fits perfect with the Knicks and a D'Antoni reunion. He'd fit in pretty good with the Bulls as well, they need to get Noah out of the starting lineup. He;s good for a couple of hustle plays a game but hes garbage.

sciferguy
06-08-2009, 12:42 AM
I think Shaq would fit quite well in Portland for the end of his career. Portland has a slow paced offense that is very efficient which is perfect for Shaq. Another benefit would be Shaq mentoring and molding Oden. You know Shaq would love to get credit for Oden's career.

dodie53
06-08-2009, 01:18 AM
Amare: Barangay Ginebra Kings

Shaq: at home

VinceGully
06-08-2009, 01:57 AM

No, the old joke is Shaqramento Queens. WTF have you been?

jlisec01
06-08-2009, 03:28 AM
idk trading for shaq? next season will be his last and giving up a good player for him is too foolish. I personally would like to see Shaq go to New Orleans as well, he would be great there if he could go a few more seasons with them, they might be contenders for the western conference.

Bulls_fan90
06-08-2009, 03:43 AM

Yes i do know what a system is and yes i do know that the cavaliers bigs play a totally different game to shaq (more versitile, can hit the mid-range jumper very effectively an blah blah blah). Your arguement is pointless. The reason the cavs couldnt get past the magic was because Dwight dominated their bigs.

Explain this to me, why did the cavs try and trade for shaq if they dont believe he can fit into their system? Also my point in my last post was that half the bigs on the cavs are likely to be gone, thus making room for a different approach on both offense and defense.

ARMIN12NBA
06-08-2009, 03:46 AM

No...When new players come in, they have to adjust to a successful system that benefits the superstar, MVP player. Not only would Shaq hinder the Cavs game, but he would hinder Lebron's game somewhat. This is not a video game. Chemistry, system, etc. is all involved. Shaq can't just be plugged in especially when the Cavs system is not the right fit at all and if they change the system then say goodbye to 66 wins and to the way Lebron dominated this season.

nearyG
06-08-2009, 03:52 AM
shaq, barbosa, nash, 1st rounder to toronto for bosh and calderon

SJSHARKIES
06-08-2009, 04:07 AM
If Shaq goes elsewhere I just hope he never wins a championships or even makes a run at it. I'm so sick of Shaq. The guy talks **** about Kobe in his rap song(Yes even I dislike Kobe), than he holds a grudge against Dwight Howard. Seriously your glorious days are over you fat ****. Sit your fat overgrown gorilla *** down and watch the playoffs. Can't you stay out of the spotlight and just shut up.

SJSHARKIES
06-08-2009, 04:08 AM
Amare I just hope the best for him. I also hope Shaq has a career ending injury.

patriotsfan50
06-08-2009, 04:12 AM
Amare I just hope the best for him. I also hope Shaq has a career ending injury.

damn bro ur cold blooded.

dont ever wish a career ending injury on someone. wats the matter with you.

i hate to say this but portland would be perfect for shaq. i love greg oden and joel przybilla but shaq would fit perfect.

lamarcus can post and hit the j and we need a pure low post player. i have all the faith in the world in oden but shaqs perfect system is portland

amwpr86
06-08-2009, 07:32 AM
I don't think Shaq would be a bad fit in Cleveland at all. Him and Lebron would both get doubled giving our three point shooters even better looks. Plus, Shaq's passing ability would only help with our perimeter game. I think if the Cavs can also add a Shooting PF like Villanueva or Boozer as well then they would be one though team to guard. I would love to see Shaq play against Kobe and the Lakers in the Finals. That would be hilarious.

Turtle55
06-08-2009, 07:41 AM
Shaq- Cleveland or Dallas
Amare- anywhere that doesn't value defense Chi, NY, ATL

jojoe1188
06-08-2009, 05:03 PM
perkins and rayray for stoudemire amare can learn to play D next to KG

Pauleboman
06-08-2009, 06:30 PM
perkins and rayray for stoudemire amare can learn to play D next to KG

Yeah right and Dirk is leaving Dallas and going to Olympiakos to play too..

IndyRealist
06-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Yes i do know what a system is and yes i do know that the cavaliers bigs play a totally different game to shaq (more versitile, can hit the mid-range jumper very effectively an blah blah blah). Your arguement is pointless. The reason the cavs couldnt get past the magic was because Dwight dominated their bigs.

Explain this to me, why did the cavs try and trade for shaq if they dont believe he can fit into their system? Also my point in my last post was that half the bigs on the cavs are likely to be gone, thus making room for a different approach on both offense and defense.

I've been waiting a while to weigh in on this one. I don't think Shaq would be a good fit for Cleveland. Lebron has two primary offensive plays, isolation driving to the rim, and pick n' pop. Shaq is not quick enough to pick n' roll, doesn't have the range to pop, and clogs the lane on drives to the rim. His ability to rebound and score on putbacks comes from being bigger and stronger, not faster. If he clears out of the lane for Lebron, he will not be able to recover into the lane to get rebounds.

Having said that, Cleveland's system sucks and should be thrown in the trash immediately. But are you going to completely redesign your entire offense to incorporate one non-marquee player who is going to be gone in a year, two max? Build around Lebron, which is obvious, and bring in players to accomodate him, not players that Lebron's going to have to accomodate.

Cleveland did not lose because Dwight overpowered their bigs, although that didn't help. They lost because aside from Lebron and Delonte West, the Cavs didn't show up. Zydrunas and big Ben looked every bit their age, Mo looked like he was still in Milwaukee, Wally was already packing his bags, Varejao couldn't stay on the floor, etc. The Magic didn't beat the Cavs, the Cavs beat themselves.

LeonFSU
06-08-2009, 09:07 PM

I hope you have a career ending injury.

SJSHARKIES
06-08-2009, 11:35 PM
damn bro ur cold blooded.

dont ever wish a career ending injury on someone. wats the matter with you.

i hate to say this but portland would be perfect for shaq. i love greg oden and joel przybilla but shaq would fit perfect.

lamarcus can post and hit the j and we need a pure low post player. i have all the faith in the world in oden but shaqs perfect system is portland

Okay I take that back, I went too far, but seriously Shaq just needs to shut the **** up and stop hating on everyone.

SJSHARKIES
06-08-2009, 11:36 PM
I hope you have a career ending injury.

sorry don't play professional sports.

mrblisterdundee
06-09-2009, 02:51 AM
I think next year will be the last year that Shaquille will be significantly dominant. He could probably provide the Cavaliers with the edge they need to win one championship. After next year, he won't make the difference for any team.
Amare Stoudemire would be an interesting fit in Toronto. He could keep Chris Bosh around, and the Raptors could make a deal centered around sending Andrea Bargnani and Shawn Marion to Phoenix. He would also be a great fit in New York, which would have to package a deal based around sending David Lee to Phoenix.

MattyPatty
06-09-2009, 09:05 AM
amare best fit either to chicago
shaq to ind

khalil72
06-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Amare to Miami!!!

Flash812
06-09-2009, 02:43 PM
I would really be down for Shaq coming to New Orleans. It makes since becuase it would help take pressure off of David West who gets doubled up and can make bad decisions and it would also make it to where Paul can drive to the lane and have more options on what to do. Not only could he help the team win next year but also the area loves him since he went to LSU. Even if it didn't work out $20m comes off the books and the hornets could sign a good player in a great class of free agents. Only problem I see is aquiring him which could be tough.

IAlakerfan
06-09-2009, 03:10 PM
I personally don't think that Shaq will want to play in New Orleans, Clevland, or Portland. Think about it, Shaq has always played for a warm weather cities ie; Orlando, LA, Miami, Phoenix. I think that he will proabbly end up in Dallas, I don't think that the Lakers will want his attitude back in L.A. Plus the Lakers are primed to win multiple titles

jojoe1188
06-09-2009, 03:50 PM
perkins and ray allen for amare and barbosa

colinskik
06-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Those of you who think Shaq to Cleveland would give them the edge to win it all obviously have trouble distinguishing reality from video games. You're thinking, "Pair Lebron, the most dominant player in the game with Shaq, once the most dominant player in the game and still a force in the paint and it's automatic championship." Flat out wrong.

Those who have made earlier posts as to why this wouldn't work hit the nail on the head. Shaq would take away Lebron's strengths by clogging up the lane, etc. etc.

But you know what, I say Cleveland goes after Shaq anyway. That way they lose horribly, Lebron becomes severely unhappy because Shaq's talking to much and trying to make the team his, and voila, Lebron comes to NY.

SHAQ TO THE CAVS!

dodie53
06-09-2009, 11:27 PM
shaq should be a commentator

Duncan = Donkey
06-10-2009, 12:02 AM
perkins and ray allen for amare and barbosa

ummm no.

jojoe1188
06-10-2009, 12:22 AM
ummm no.

do elaborate why this wouldnt work....

Flash812
06-10-2009, 12:54 AM
I personally don't think that Shaq will want to play in New Orleans, Clevland, or Portland. Think about it, Shaq has always played for a warm weather cities ie; Orlando, LA, Miami, Phoenix. I think that he will proabbly end up in Dallas, I don't think that the Lakers will want his attitude back in L.A. Plus the Lakers are primed to win multiple titles

Well, it did only get into the 90's today in New Orleans :rolleyes:. Weather has nothing to do with where Shaq would play becuase to him it is about going to a winning team and plus he isn't a free agent so the suns would decide what team to deal him to.

Duncan = Donkey
06-10-2009, 05:05 AM
do elaborate why this wouldnt work....

let me see

amare(all star) and barbosa (one of thr best 6th man in the league, good contract) for ray allen (expiring) and fatty perkins (good role player).

its just a blantant rip off.

rabzouz 96
06-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Those of you who think Shaq to Cleveland would give them the edge to win it all obviously have trouble distinguishing reality from video games. You're thinking, "Pair Lebron, the most dominant player in the game with Shaq, once the most dominant player in the game and still a force in the paint and it's automatic championship." Flat out wrong.

Those who have made earlier posts as to why this wouldn't work hit the nail on the head. Shaq would take away Lebron's strengths by clogging up the lane, etc. etc.

But you know what, I say Cleveland goes after Shaq anyway. That way they lose horribly, Lebron becomes severely unhappy because Shaq's talking to much and trying to make the team his, and voila, Lebron comes to NY.

SHAQ TO THE CAVS!
yeah its like when he clogged wades driving lanes so wade could no longer drive to the basket, this was especially detrimental when they were in the finals and wade was handcuffed because of that.
biggest ******** ive ever heard.
cavs have no one reliable in the post when their shooters dont hit their shots, thats what shaq would give em to a certain degree. good fit, best for shaq since its his biggest chance to win it all. z can come from the bench then