PDA

View Full Version : Nate Robinson's [Trade] Value

philab
06-05-2009, 05:56 PM
What is Nate Robinson's value, particularly if he were to be traded?

I'm of the opinion that it's close to nothing, but I keep seeing him as the centerpiece for massive trades involving the likes of Bosh and Amare.

Am I missing something?

I'm not trying to start trouble here; this is a serious inquiry.

abe_froman
06-05-2009, 05:58 PM
What is Nate Robinson's value, particularly if he were to be traded?

I'm of the opinion that it's close to nothing, but I keep seeing him as the centerpiece for massive trades involving the likes of Bosh and Amare.

Am I missing something?

I'm not trying to start trouble here; this is a serious inquiry.

where have you seen that??

but yeah thats probably not enough

philab
06-05-2009, 06:00 PM
where have you seen that??

but yes its pretty laughable if true

On PSD. Although I haven't checked the national sources yet, I too doubt they would propose such a trade.

abe_froman
06-05-2009, 06:04 PM
On PSD. Although I haven't checked the national sources yet, I too doubt they would propose such a trade.

dunno if he's still be considered young talent(with up side) anymore,is an expiring and cheap..which is what suns where reportedly looking for at deadline...so dunno,i guess maybe he could be:shrug:

but he doesnt strike me as enough to be a centerpiece of any deal..an add in sure s part of a package,but centerpiece..he's not that sought after i dont think(good dunking 6th man though)

madiaz3
06-05-2009, 06:09 PM
I don't think he's a CENTERPIECE, and it's never just him being talked about.

I think you're mistaking him for a Nate Robinson/David Lee package (with either filler or picks) which is certainly enough to be considered a centerpiece in a deal for either Bosh or Amare.

On the plus side for him, he averaged 17.2ppg off the bench, one of the leading 6moty candidates. Every team needs a sparkplug.

philab
06-05-2009, 06:13 PM
I don't think he's a CENTERPIECE, and it's never just him being talked about.

I think you're mistaking him for a Nate Robinson/David Lee package (with either filler or picks) which is certainly enough to be considered a centerpiece in a deal for either Bosh or Amare.

On the plus side for him, he averaged 17.2ppg off the bench, one of the leading 6moty candidates. Every team needs a sparkplug.

Is it though?

A Robinson/Lee package isn't anywhere close to Bosh or Amare in my book.

Again, am I missing something here?

madiaz3
06-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Is it though?

A Robinson/Lee package isn't anywhere close to Bosh or Amare in my book.

Again, am I missing something here?

Like I said, there's a ton of filler involved, but those two players have raised their stock tremendously...

philab
06-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Like I said, there's a ton of filler involved, but those two players have raised their stock tremendously...

It's hard not to like Lee, and any team would love to have him. I get the feeling that Robinson's value is virtually zero. I just don't see a team trading away its young superstar (Bosh, Amare) for Lee and lots of filler.

Can we get a third opinion?

DeeJay
06-05-2009, 06:34 PM
It's hard not to like Lee, and any team would love to have him. I get the feeling that Robinson's value is virtually zero. I just don't see a team trading away its young superstar (Bosh, Amare) for Lee and lots of filler.

Can we get a third opinion?

8th most selling nba shirt surely will get some interest, no?

abe_froman
06-05-2009, 06:37 PM
8th most selling nba shirt surely will get some interest, no?

its only in the top 10 because its in ny and on a sorry team(sorry knicks fans but its true)he's the only somewhat bright spot

if they had decent players or he was anywhere but ny,you'd probably never hear of him

DeeJay
06-05-2009, 06:41 PM
its only in the top 10 because its in ny and on a sorry team(sorry knicks fans but its true)he's the only somewhat bright spot

if they had decent players or he was anywhere but ny,you'd probably never hear of him

:no:

monster_mash
06-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Nate is a freak athlete stuck in a pg body. He is a valuable 6th man. But the team your gonna trade him to has to have a couple of bigger guards on the roster. I think Lee is the real deal. nice 16pts 8reb per game. While playing for the knicks does help nates jersey sales...so does his dunk contest performances and showmanship. He will sell tickets if your team is garbage.

znick21
06-05-2009, 06:57 PM

totally agree.

and i wouldn't give jack **** for him.

Chisox@22
06-05-2009, 07:20 PM
well, i think you will likely see alot of talk for a david lee, nate robinson, #8
for a few things the Knicks Want, Mainly The Number 2 Pick, Darko Milicic, and i'd even include either a Late Pick or Hakim Warrick Sign n Trade back to NY

but im not the GM so who knows what would go down

BkOriginalOne
06-05-2009, 07:22 PM
He is a streaky shooter and freakishly blessed athlete who is thriving under D'antoni.
Not a great Defeneder and doesn't have the highest basketball IQ.
Not enough skills to play the point, too small to defend the 2.
Definitely not a starter, but could be a spark for some teams off the bench.

He is the guy on you're team who should be about 7-8 in the rotation.

Trade value reamins at high draft picks and other young talents.
I'd like to see him solidify the core of young team...
The Sixers, Thunder and Grizzlies seem lke good fits.

Ansy
06-05-2009, 07:36 PM
A lot of his value depends on the kind of contract he demands in a sign-and-trade. I think a lot of teams would prefer to not have him at all than to pay 8-9mil/year for him.

J_M_B
06-05-2009, 08:40 PM
He is a streaky shooter and freakishly blessed athlete who is thriving under D'antoni.
Not a great Defeneder and doesn't have the highest basketball IQ.
Not enough skills to play the point, too small to defend the 2.
Definitely not a starter, but could be a spark for some teams off the bench.

He is the guy on you're team who should be about 7-8 in the rotation.

Trade value reamins at high draft picks and other young talents.
I'd like to see him solidify the core of young team...
The Sixers, Thunder and Grizzlies seem lke good fits.

I agree I think he would be a perfect fit in Memphis or Oklahoma.

Missing56&33
06-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Nate is prolly worth a deal like 6yrs $30mil. Not a penny more. His attitude may be the reason he dont get that much. Hes definitely a freak of an athlete, can create his own shot in the lane and lights out from three point range. Very streaky shooter(when hes on he can score 50 on you)but out of control most of the time. You have to take the good with the bad and thats whats hurting his value. If he ever finds a way to control his emotions and play smart he could be worth $8-$10 mil a year but thats highly unlikely.

I would like to keep Nate hes a great bench player and spark plug for a stagnant offense, any team would benefit from having him on their team. Again .....hes highly competitive, highly emotional, up in your face type of player, technical prone, and talks back to the coach, thats prolly going to keep him from getting a big payday.

Hustla23
06-05-2009, 09:05 PM
I hope the Knicks keep Nate at a good price.

I love the kid.

dos132
06-05-2009, 09:39 PM
robinson and lee package is not enough, amares salary cap is around 17 to 20 million dollar....the trade is based on the salary cap of the player, and not on its performance...
like Ben Wallace his salary cap is bigger than lebron...