PDA

View Full Version : Ratings Game 1 Magic/Lakers beat last years Lakers/Celtics

JordansBulls
06-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Source: TVbythenumbers (http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/06/05/thursday-ratings-abc-nba-finals-lakers-crush-rivals/20131)

Surprising no one, ABC and the first game of the NBA Finals dominated Thursday night, as Kobe and the Lakers crushed the Magic, and the prime-time portion of the game did 12% better than lastís years game 1 in the fast affiliates ratings.

abe_froman
06-05-2009, 04:15 PM
it seems people are more into the nba this year than they have been in the past couple

kEviN21
06-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Yeah the shorts are getting lower, maybe that's why.

DrDEADalready
06-05-2009, 04:19 PM
It's a conspiracy I tell you.

king4day
06-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Very Surprised.
I'll flip back and forth, but if Orlando loses the next one, I don't plan on watching until/if they tie it up at least.

IRUAM #21
06-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Stern rigged it.

Raidaz4Life
06-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Well its no Kobe vs Lebron but Kobe vs Superman still has shown it can be marketed

Kabowdos
06-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Not surprised.

Orlando is a popular city and so is LAL. NBA was crazy this year. Orlando beat CLE, and now play LAL. Big time.

Hellcrooner
06-05-2009, 05:26 PM
It wouldnt matter if it was Lakers vs Breogan Lugo as long as Lakers are there.

Also magic has been the team that has made a more important invest in Marketing since the last 80s expansion, being Disney a part of it thya had shaq, they had Tmac then Hill now Dwight theyve been on the press always since first 90s

Bruno
06-05-2009, 05:31 PM
I think more people are interested in the redemption of Kobe Bryant than they will ever admit. America loves redemption.

JOKERCHAD
06-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Stern rigged it.

how CONVIENT the Lakers traded the WORST PLAYER in the league Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol. After the public in every other NBA city got upset all of a sudden there were a ton of trades. This year how many trades at the deadline? the NBA playoffs for the most part sucked. There were a few games that were exciting but mostly a bunch of 30 point blowouts. Lets hope for a Lakers sweep so the NBA will be over for a couple months.

JordansBulls
06-05-2009, 06:37 PM
I think people wanted to see Dwight in it as well.

lakers4sho
06-05-2009, 06:37 PM
i think more people are interested in the redemption of kobe bryant than they will ever admit. America loves redemption.

Why would haters want Kobe to redeem himself??

Kakaroach
06-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Lol I feel bad for the NHL. I bet no one watched Game 4 of that series :p

madiaz3
06-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Why would haters want Kobe to redeem himself??

Even if the haters tuned in to see him fail, or "choke." You still have to tune in.

avsman05
06-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Lol I feel bad for the NHL. I bet no one watched Game 4 of that series :p

Personally I did, but honestly who the hell puts a prime time series like the Stanley Cup Finals on Versus? Of course they will get demolished. Versus(you have to get one of the top tier cable packages. Or (ABC everyone is able to view). Who made the better marketing decision here?

The Detroit Pitt was a better game to watch as well. Because it wasn't a 25 point blow out. But oh well that just shows the supremecy of the NBA compared to the imaturity of the NHL

dos132
06-05-2009, 08:08 PM
because lakers plays at staples, but i think it will beat all history if the match is Cav's and lakers...
but it will not happen....

lakers4sho
06-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Even if the haters tuned in to see him fail, or "choke." You still have to tune in.

yeah you're probably right

Hustla23
06-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Personally I did, but honestly who the hell puts a prime time series like the Stanley Cup Finals on Versus? Of course they will get demolished. Versus(you have to get one of the top tier cable packages. Or (ABC everyone is able to view). Who made the better marketing decision here?

The Detroit Pitt was a better game to watch as well. Because it wasn't a 25 point blow out. But oh well that just shows the supremecy of the NBA compared to the imaturity of the NHL

Wait, you're kidding. The game was seriously on versus?

That is seriously a big shame.

Stanley Cup finals deserve ESPN atleast if they can't get a spot on primetime.

I'm not a hockey fan but I feel that a sporting event of that great importance needs to be shown to a general audeince.

avsman05
06-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Wait, you're kidding. The game was seriously on versus?

That is seriously a big shame.

Stanley Cup finals deserve ESPN atleast if they can't get a spot on primetime.

I'm not a hockey fan but I feel that a sporting event of that great importance needs to be shown to a general audeince.

Agree'd but Bettman is a moron he he sold to the highest bidder. been on there past 2 years. But anyways We can safely say that Stern is a better commish then Bettman.

still1ballin
06-05-2009, 09:25 PM
I am surprised on that.

GspLAL
06-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Lakers/Celtics series last year got people into basketball again, that sparked a plug that the finals can be fun to watch. Also, Magic who were for the most part the underdogs, beating on the Cavs who were the favorites and have the face of the league makes it more interesting, people wanna see if they can do it again.

bluesickle
06-05-2009, 09:29 PM
I think it's the whole Kobe vs LeBron buildup that drew a lot of casual fans in. Also, the whole "Kobe winning a championship without Shaq" seems to be more magnified this year than last year.

Hustla23
06-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Agree'd but Bettman is a moron he he sold to the highest bidder. been on there past 2 years. But anyways We can safely say that Stern is a better commish then Bettman.

Sorry I don't understand this whole bidding business.

So you're saying Versus outbid other channels to air the game? :confused:

avsman05
06-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Sorry I don't understand this whole bidding business.

So you're saying Versus outbid other channels to air the game? :confused:

yuppers, ******** huh?

NYMetros
06-05-2009, 10:18 PM
yuppers, ******** huh?

Especially since it is a phenomenal series and the NHL is majorally blowing a huge opportunity to market the game's 2nd best player on hockey's biggest stage.

avsman05
06-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Especially since it is a phenomenal series and the NHL is majorally blowing a huge opportunity to market the game's 2nd best player on hockey's biggest stage.

definately, definately. 2nd IMO numero uno is Crosby all around Ovechkin is a potent scorer thats it.

avsman05
06-05-2009, 10:28 PM
definately, definately. 2nd i'd say numero uno is Crosby.

avsman05
06-05-2009, 10:29 PM
sorry about the double post.

GREATNESS ONE
06-05-2009, 10:29 PM

Crosby and Ovechkin share the top spot.

Hustla23
06-05-2009, 11:02 PM
yuppers, ******** huh?

That is a shame.

A big insult to the game of hockey.

JordansBulls
06-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Lakers/Celtics series last year got people into basketball again, that sparked a plug that the finals can be fun to watch. Also, Magic who were for the most part the underdogs, beating on the Cavs who were the favorites and have the face of the league makes it more interesting, people wanna see if they can do it again.

People were already interested in basketball.

GspLAL
06-06-2009, 08:08 AM
People were already interested in basketball.

Not like they are now, and by people I meat the casual fans, last couple years the playoffs have been way more entertaining than the Spurs/Detroit/Cavs/Mavs years.