PDA

View Full Version : Orioles To Release Jamie Walker

iam brett favre
06-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Orioles will release lefty reliever Jamie Walker.

-MLBTR.com

x the game x
06-05-2009, 04:09 PM
who do we bring up now?

Driven
06-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Finally Walker's gone.

The O's called up Alberto Castillo to take his place.

bigity b
06-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Walker was good the first year we signed him... but unfortunately has gotten progressively worse since. I chalk this up to another move ushering in the youth movement. Another roster spot opened up, another young guy is given the chance to prove himself.

x the game x
06-05-2009, 06:52 PM
we should have traded him last year when he had some value.

sboy2012
06-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Remember all of the hype these guys were getting the year the orioles signed them? The bullpen bunch.. Baez, Walker, Williamson, Bradford, and Parrish.. Wow, what a waste.

x the game x
06-06-2009, 04:28 PM
baez is doin good this year,walker was very effective for a bit,same goes for bradford

brandonwarne52
06-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Baez is doing okay. Not really liking the 20-13 K/BB

sboy2012
06-07-2009, 10:19 AM
baez is doin good this year,walker was very effective for a bit,same goes for bradford

I'm talking about overall life of the contract. Baez is doing decent this year, but to me it hardly makes up for his previous seasons. Hopefully he keeps it up and they can flip him for something. Walker was on and off. You never knew what he was going to give you. To me the fact that he was released equals bust. Bradford got traded for a player to be named later, that ending up being cash, but who knows by now it could have ended up a bag of chips. Williamson was released during his first season, parrish the season after. I can see how someone would defend any of the signings.

x the game x
06-07-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm talking about overall life of the contract. Baez is doing decent this year, but to me it hardly makes up for his previous seasons. Hopefully he keeps it up and they can flip him for something. Walker was on and off. You never knew what he was going to give you. To me the fact that he was released equals bust. Bradford got traded for a player to be named later, that ending up being cash, but who knows by now it could have ended up a bag of chips. Williamson was released during his first season, parrish the season after. I can see how someone would defend any of the signings.

baez was hurt last year,walker was good in his first season,and bradford had 2 good seasons here before he was traded and based off of what he did with the rays we should get a decent player in return 19 innings a 1.42 era

sboy2012
06-07-2009, 04:52 PM
baez was hurt last year,walker was good in his first season,and bradford had 2 good seasons here before he was traded and based off of what he did with the rays we should get a decent player in return 19 innings a 1.42 era

I'm to understand that the Bradford deal is done, and we will not be getting a player for him, we already got cash this past offseason. So that's awesome he is doing so well for the rays, but it helps the Orioles out zero.

sboy2012
06-07-2009, 05:02 PM

I am not saying that these guys were horrible their whole time in Baltimore (well, besides williamson). Each one of them might have played a quailty couple of months, but.. I am saying when you look at the amount of money spent on these guys and what the reward for paying them has been. That offseason bullpen revamp was a bust. I'm not sure why you are so up on defending these guys, what did they do for the orioles? Baez was out last season, but what excuse was there for the previous season? Walker this year has lefties hitting over 400 against him, who cares what he did two years ago. The front office gave Bradford up for to little, but atleast he is pitching good for the rays. By the end of this season, none of these guys will of have played out their contract with the Orioles. That my friend equals bust.

bigity b
06-08-2009, 10:42 AM
I am not saying that these guys were horrible their whole time in Baltimore (well, besides williamson). Each one of them might have played a quailty couple of months, but.. I am saying when you look at the amount of money spent on these guys and what the reward for paying them has been. That offseason bullpen revamp was a bust. I'm not sure why you are so up on defending these guys, what did they do for the orioles? Baez was out last season, but what excuse was there for the previous season? Walker this year has lefties hitting over 400 against him, who cares what he did two years ago. The front office gave Bradford up for to little, but atleast he is pitching good for the rays. By the end of this season, none of these guys will of have played out their contract with the Orioles. That my friend equals bust.

x2

Robphunk
06-08-2009, 11:00 AM
ok walker is out, bring ray back? RIGHT haha whats the difference we get good bats going with no pitching, and then we get good pitching and we cant hit a softball. Until the "team" gets firing on all cylinders we can send down and bring up all season long and and get 60 wins.... maybe But where does that get us besides last place once again!!!

bigity b
06-08-2009, 12:21 PM
i'd rather have 60 wins with guys in their mid-twenties (or younger) with less than a handful of years of pro experience than have a 60 win team filled with 10+ yr veterans making too much money... thats a big difference