PDA

View Full Version : Free agent class of 2010: Possible destinations/contracts

JOSKOMANG4
06-05-2009, 12:20 PM
1. LeBron James, SF (26 years-old)

- Will Resign with the Cavaliers; most likely the highest paid contact in NBA History. The Cavaliers will have the cap to accomplish this feet. Projected: 6 yr deal, 25 mill a season.

2. Dwyane Wade, SG (28)

- Will Resign with the Heat. Is their franchise player. I can see him getting a contract similar to what Kobe got in LA. Projected Deal: 7yr deal, roughly 18 mill a season.

3. Chris Bosh, FC (26)

- Bosh will be traded in the 2009 NBA season. Raptors realize they will not be able to resign him. I can see Miami or Chicago making a big push for Bosh.

Projected: PF Chris Bosh, along with PG Marcus Banks, traded to the Chicago Bulls in exchange for PG Kirk Hinrich, SF Luo Deng, and SG Demarcus Nelson.

Bosh signs contract roughly around 18mill, 7 yr, to stay with Chicago.

Bulls lineup in 2009:

C- Miller
PF- Bosh
SF- J. Salmons
SG- B. Gordon(resigns in 2009, 5yr 60mill)
PG- D. Rose.

Also Note: End of 2009 season; C. Brad Miller, PF Tim Thomas, C J Noah, PF/SF Tyrus Thomas are free agents. Most likely they will not resign Miller and Thomas. So from there, they get over 18mill in cap space.

4. Amare Stoudemire, FC (28)

- Stoudamire is most likely going to stay in Phoenix. With both Steve nash and Shaq's contract's expiring at season's end, you will see Phoenix looking for either a PG in 2009 free agency or thru the draft. I do have a hunch that Shaq will traded before the 2009 season; a deal to Dallas that will include SF/SG Josh Howard. I see Phoenix getting back to a fast pace ball club all over again; because this, Stoudamire will resign.

Projected contract: Elton Brand-type contract; 5yr 82 mill.

5. Joe Johnson, SG (29)

- Joe Johnson has been nothing but successful in Atlanta. He has provided them as a perennial playoff team; and this season they got over the hump and advanced out of the 1st round. I can see them making a big splash through a trade in 2009 to improve their roster; most notably either a center or power-forward.

Projected: 5yr extension from previous deal; 5yr 70mill.

6. Paul Pierce, SG (33)

- No brainier; Pierce stays in Boston.

Projected Contract: Resigns 4yr 40mill.

7. Manu Ginobili, SG (32)

- Tough situation here; Ginobli is an injured prone player and the spurs have a deep roster with SF/SG( Mason Jr, Hill, and projected signee: shawn Marion). Ginobli will play out his last season but most likely won't be brought back. I can see Ginobli making a push towards either Houston, Dallas, or Los Angelas.

Projected Contract: Signs with Houston, 4yr 32mill.

8. Dirk Nowitzki, PF (31)

No Brainer- Dallas will retool this season; they will trade for Shaq and resign J Kidd. Nowitzki will sign an extension before the 2009 season begins.

Projected Contract: 7yr, between 16-18 mill.

9. Yao Ming, C (29)

- Will take his player option in 2010. Will resign after the 2010 season is over.

10. Tracy McGrady, SG (31)

- T-mac is an injured prone player and basically can't not make it to the floor anymore. He made noise in Orlando but hasnt been injured prone in Houston. Houston will try and trade away T-mac before the 2009 season begins... but I honestly believe it will be tough. I do though believe that Golden state will be willing to trade for T-mac.

Trade Idea; Warriors acquire Tracy Mcgrady and rockets 2009 1st rd pick in exchange for C- Ronny Turiaf, SF Stephen Jackson, and SG Jamal Crawford.

Projected; Unsure about a contract, but T-mac signs with Golden state.

11. Richard Jefferson, SF (30)

- Lives in the Phoenix area during the offseason; will sign with Phoenix in 2010.

Projected Contract; signs with Suns, 5yr 50mill.

Michael Redd, SG (30)

- Cavaliers will make a push in acquirng a key player to go along with Lebron James; I see that in Michael Redd. Redd, an ohio native, will draw interest from the Cavaliers.

Trade:

Cavaliers acquire SG Michael Redd and PG Luke Ridnour from the Bucs in exchange for PF Ben wallace(expiring contract), PG Daniel Gibson, and SG Sasho Pavovlic.

Projected trade: Redd signs with Cavaliers, 4yr 40mill.

T.J. Ford, PG (27)

- Will exercise his player option in 2010; if he doesnt, wouldn't get the money he makes now.

Projected contract: exercises option with Pacers.

Josh Howard, SF (30)

- I have Howard being a key asset in my projected trade that brings Shaq to the mavericks.

After the 2009 season, I expected Howard to the test the free agent waters. I see howard signing with the Nets, or possibly the Hornets.

Projected contract: Signs with nets, 5yr 50mill.

Tyson Chandler, C (28)

- Chandler will exercise his player option; I'm hoping new orleans doesnt try trading him again. He is a great player that a team can build around.

Mike Miller, GF (30)

- Mike Miller has a good few years left; can be a big contributor off the bench. He's a florida native; so most likely he sign with either Miami or Orlando.

Projected: signs with Magic, 4yr 20mill.

Steve Nash, PG (36)

- Sad to say, but I believe after the 2009 season, Nash's contract won't be extended. Nash has contributed a heavy lonesome for the Suns throughout years; for his credibility, he has two MVp awards. I see Nash, a Canadien fellow, to sign a deal with Toronto to end his career.

Projected : Raptors, 2yr 10mill; Player option, 3yr -10mill.

Ray Allen, SG (34)

- Allen resigns with Boston; ends his career as a celtic.:eyebrow:

boeknows
06-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Mike Miller, GF (30)

- Mike Miller has a good few years left; can be a big contributor off the bench. He's a florida native; so most likely he sign with either Miami or Orlando.

:

Miller is from South Dakota.

Chronz
06-05-2009, 04:12 PM
I wonder which superstar will take far less than their market value to improve the team. I doubt Bron gets the biggest contract in NBA history, isnt that pretty impossible in todays CBA?

IRUAM #21
06-05-2009, 04:14 PM
I wonder which superstar will take far less than their market value to improve the team. I doubt Bron gets the biggest contract in NBA history, isnt that pretty impossible in todays CBA?

Didn't Nowitzki say he would do that ?

abe_froman
06-05-2009, 04:16 PM

yes it is unless he means total money(and thus spread out over many years)

king4day
06-05-2009, 04:17 PM
God help us if teams sign players to terrible contracts just because they are from the area. Jefferson, 5 years @ 50mil??? He's on a decline and that's beyond overpaying.

Though possible, Amare isn't going to accept any deal that isn't a Max, from the Suns and likely any other team.

Bulls will need to give up more to get Bosh.

I thought Max contracts have a limit. I could be wrong but is it even possible for the Cavs to sign LBJ to a 6 year 25mil deal?

Dirk said he'd take a pay cut to help the Mavs retool. Plus I don't think you can offer 7 year contracts. Even if you could, he's going to be too far over the hill to warrant a 15mil a year deal.

Nash said he wants a raise after his contract ends. So whomever gets/keeps him, it will require a 2-3 year deal for 14-15 mil.

Joe Johnson is a tricky one. He's done good in Atlanta, and it will come down to if they can make strides next year. If not, then they need to tweak the team and he may be one of the ones to go. It's a lot of money for a scorer.

nyanks79
06-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Hold on. So the Knicks get no one?

Draco
06-05-2009, 04:27 PM

They get Sasha Pavlovic.

NYtilIdie
06-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Knick's WILL make a run for Bosh. Could S@T with Robinson, JJ2 , and throw in Al Harrington's expiring contract if you want

IRUAM #21
06-05-2009, 04:33 PM

Mark Blount will lead you to the promised land.

Bubba313
06-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Yea and the knicks do absolutely nothing at all....yeah right

yanksknicksgmen
06-05-2009, 04:34 PM
They get Sasha Pavlovic.

thats funny

king4day
06-05-2009, 05:42 PM
Knick's WILL make a run for Bosh. Could S@T with Robinson, JJ2 , and throw in Al Harrington's expiring contract if you want

This give the Raps no player they can help build their future with.
Imagine losing Bosh, and trying to lure fans to games when you have really nothing.
Nate is good, but it fills no holes long term and if JJ2 is Jeffries, then you are looking at probably 25mil to be traded for Bosh. u still have to have the Raps add fillers.

Frank Costanza
06-05-2009, 05:47 PM
hey lalu theres a whole season to play b4 well know any details, projected players for trades and signees lots can change lalu

Vinny642
06-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Tyson Chandler, C (28)

- Chandler will exercise his player option; I'm hoping new orleans doesnt try trading him again. He is a great player that a team can build around.

I hope so too

Boston Faithful
06-05-2009, 05:52 PM
This is the worst thread I've ever came across on this board. Why would Nash ever go to Toronto? They have Calderon. Why would they have basically the same thing?

Secondly, New York gets no one? Thirdly, LeBron can't have that contract, I think max they can offer is starting at 16 million per year. And Wade would not get 7 million per year less than LeBron. Wow.

uncblue2332
06-05-2009, 05:53 PM
NY Knicks will give LeBron the biggest contract plus all the endorsement contracts that will be available in NY.

They will also sign one of the following

Amare
Bosh

They might sign roll players like a Richard Jefferson too but he wont be worth 50 mill
more like 3 years 13.5 mill

FaceDown91
06-05-2009, 06:47 PM

- Will Resign with the Cavaliers; most likely the highest paid contact in NBA History. The Cavaliers will have the cap to accomplish this feet. Projected: 6 yr deal, 25 mill a season.

2. Dwyane Wade, SG (28)

- Will Resign with the Heat. Is their franchise player. I can see him getting a contract similar to what Kobe got in LA. Projected Deal: 7yr deal, roughly 18 mill a season.

3. Chris Bosh, FC (26)

- Bosh will be traded in the 2009 NBA season. Raptors realize they will not be able to resign him. I can see Miami or Chicago making a big push for Bosh.

Projected: PF Chris Bosh, along with PG Marcus Banks, traded to the Chicago Bulls in exchange for PG Kirk Hinrich, SF Luo Deng, and SG Demarcus Nelson.

Bulls lineup in 2009:

C- Miller
PF- Bosh
SF- J. Salmons
PG- D. Rose.

Also Note: End of 2009 season; C. Brad Miller, PF Tim Thomas, C J Noah, PF/SF Tyrus Thomas are free agents. Most likely they will not resign Miller and Thomas. So from there, they get over 18mill in cap space.

- Stoudamire is most likely going to stay in Phoenix. With both Steve nash and Shaq's contract's expiring at season's end, you will see Phoenix looking for either a PG in 2009 free agency or thru the draft. I do have a hunch that Shaq will traded before the 2009 season; a deal to Dallas that will include SF/SG Josh Howard. I see Phoenix getting back to a fast pace ball club all over again; because this, Stoudamire will resign.

5. Joe Johnson, SG (29)

- Joe Johnson has been nothing but successful in Atlanta. He has provided them as a perennial playoff team; and this season they got over the hump and advanced out of the 1st round. I can see them making a big splash through a trade in 2009 to improve their roster; most notably either a center or power-forward.

6. Paul Pierce, SG (33)

- Tough situation here; Ginobli is an injured prone player and the spurs have a deep roster with SF/SG( Mason Jr, Hill, and projected signee: shawn Marion). Ginobli will play out his last season but most likely won't be brought back. I can see Ginobli making a push towards either Houston, Dallas, or Los Angelas.

No Brainer- Dallas will retool this season; they will trade for Shaq and resign J Kidd. Nowitzki will sign an extension before the 2009 season begins.

9. Yao Ming, C (29)

- Will take his player option in 2010. Will resign after the 2010 season is over.

- T-mac is an injured prone player and basically can't not make it to the floor anymore. He made noise in Orlando but hasnt been injured prone in Houston. Houston will try and trade away T-mac before the 2009 season begins... but I honestly believe it will be tough. I do though believe that Golden state will be willing to trade for T-mac.

Trade Idea; Warriors acquire Tracy Mcgrady and rockets 2009 1st rd pick in exchange for C- Ronny Turiaf, SF Stephen Jackson, and SG Jamal Crawford.

- Lives in the Phoenix area during the offseason; will sign with Phoenix in 2010.

Michael Redd, SG (30)

- Cavaliers will make a push in acquirng a key player to go along with Lebron James; I see that in Michael Redd. Redd, an ohio native, will draw interest from the Cavaliers.

Trade:

Cavaliers acquire SG Michael Redd and PG Luke Ridnour from the Bucs in exchange for PF Ben wallace(expiring contract), PG Daniel Gibson, and SG Sasho Pavovlic.

T.J. Ford, PG (27)

- Will exercise his player option in 2010; if he doesnt, wouldn't get the money he makes now.

Josh Howard, SF (30)

- I have Howard being a key asset in my projected trade that brings Shaq to the mavericks.

After the 2009 season, I expected Howard to the test the free agent waters. I see howard signing with the Nets, or possibly the Hornets.

Tyson Chandler, C (28)

Mike Miller, GF (30)

Steve Nash, PG (36)

- Sad to say, but I believe after the 2009 season, Nash's contract won't be extended. Nash has contributed a heavy lonesome for the Suns throughout years; for his credibility, he has two MVp awards. I see Nash, a Canadien fellow, to sign a deal with Toronto to end his career.

Ray Allen, SG (34)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3y3QoFnqZc

J_M_B
06-05-2009, 08:49 PM
Just because the player is from that region doesn't mean they are going to sign with that team. New York gets no one? Lebron James doesn't get that contract and Richard Jefferson and couple of other players on the list aren't gonna get paid $50 mil for 3 or 5 years. This isn't a good thread.

AntiG
06-05-2009, 10:16 PM
I think they'll get Nash and possibly Wade.

RaptorsFanatic
06-05-2009, 11:17 PM
This guy definitely has a lot of time on his hands. LOL

juggla53
06-05-2009, 11:29 PM
The person that created this thread is really underestimating the amount of money that will be thrown around. Amare for 5yrs/80million?? NO WAY he'll get atleast 100 and theres no chance in hell Manu leaves SA for a 4yr/30 million dollar deal

KG2TB
06-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Since I am a Bulls fan I'll comment on the Bosh situation. First off, Toronto has no use for Kirk. They have Calderon already getting paid some nice cash and they both have similar skill sets. The package would most likely be TT, Lu Deng, and both our first rounders. Also, I don't see Bosh getting more than 16 mil a season.

Second, no way Ben Gordon is getting 60 mil for 5 years. He's not getting over 10 mil a season. The best we offered him was 50 mil \ 5 years which he should have taken. Everyone in the biz knows that. I think we quite possibly may match that offer but we won't offer a dime more. Especially not in these economical times.

dee279
06-05-2009, 11:59 PM

2. Dwyane Wade, SG (28)

3. Chris Bosh, FC (26)

Bulls lineup in 2009:

C- Miller
PF- Bosh
SF- J. Salmons
PG- D. Rose.

5. Joe Johnson, SG (29)

6. Paul Pierce, SG (33)

9. Yao Ming, C (29)

Michael Redd, SG (30)

Trade:

T.J. Ford, PG (27)

Josh Howard, SF (30)

Tyson Chandler, C (28)

Mike Miller, GF (30)

Steve Nash, PG (36)

Ray Allen, SG (34)

Ummm Hell no. Great and Tyson Chandler does not go in the same sentence. And a player that a team could build around? Are u serious? he cant even get in double figures in points. He has no offensive skills except catching alley oops. Hes not even a great defender.

Pauleboman
06-06-2009, 12:03 AM

I would like to know what you think is going to happen in 2010???I think he has a good points in view..
He gives Chicago Bulls Chris Bosh which is a good possibility.Its a great team with plenty of tradable players.No one can pay more to free agents than there own team so unless $ dont matter which we all know it does to them.. I think most stay on current teams..
Unless you know the player personally how do you know what he is going to do..Everyone`s different.Some will leave like Bosh because he doesnt like his situation.But I havent heard anything like that from others LBJ DWade or Amare.I know those teams will do everything they can to keep em so I think he has good points..

D Roses Bulls
06-06-2009, 12:05 AM
God help us if teams sign players to terrible contracts just because they are from the area. Jefferson, 5 years @ 50mil??? He's on a decline and that's beyond overpaying.

Though possible, Amare isn't going to accept any deal that isn't a Max, from the Suns and likely any other team.

Bulls will need to give up more to get Bosh.

I thought Max contracts have a limit. I could be wrong but is it even possible for the Cavs to sign LBJ to a 6 year 25mil deal?

Dirk said he'd take a pay cut to help the Mavs retool. Plus I don't think you can offer 7 year contracts. Even if you could, he's going to be too far over the hill to warrant a 15mil a year deal.

Nash said he wants a raise after his contract ends. So whomever gets/keeps him, it will require a 2-3 year deal for 14-15 mil.

Joe Johnson is a tricky one. He's done good in Atlanta, and it will come down to if they can make strides next year. If not, then they need to tweak the team and he may be one of the ones to go. It's a lot of money for a scorer.

you right in that sense, but with bird years and with a max increase he could end up making 25 million a year but that wont happen for probably 4 to 5 years for him to make that much. but he will start out at like 18 million and it will be raised to like 19 or 20 million the next year

D Roses Bulls
06-06-2009, 12:06 AM

lmfao..... that was great

f19ure
06-06-2009, 12:22 AM
This is the worst thread I've ever came across on this board. Why would Nash ever go to Toronto? They have Calderon. Why would they have basically the same thing?

Secondly, New York gets no one? Thirdly, LeBron can't have that contract, I think max they can offer is starting at 16 million per year. And Wade would not get 7 million per year less than LeBron. Wow.

Thread is stupid, but, he's not far off in his ravings when it comes to LeBron and Wade. I don't know about a 6-year deal for either. But, LeBron for example, will definitely get a Kobe style deal from Cleveland, 20+ mill per, for 4-years. With player options, including the right to opt out of his final contract year. Wade will most likely sign something worth in the $18-$19 million dollar range (per of course), most likely a 4-year with an option on the 4th. But, nothing either of them do, will ever trump what Garnett did in Minnesota though, he's still the highest paid basketball player in the league as a result of it.

No way is Bosh getting the kind of deal he mentioned though. I'd kill Bosh myself. Unless he finally leads his team out of the first-round of next season's playoffs, and into the NBA Finals. He definitely wouldn't be worth that amount of salary cap.

fishfan79
06-06-2009, 11:03 AM
hope miami with more cap room then anyone in the big year will do more then just resign wade (might happen thisoffseason it seems anyways)

lakers sqaud
06-06-2009, 08:04 PM
manu takes 3years 15mil 2 play for the lakers:D this is a dead thread~!

dos132
06-06-2009, 08:32 PM
so many free agent on 2010... but the economic crisis will affect this... because many team cuts their pay roll... look at lamar odom, he will take a salary cut to stay to the lakers...

smith&wesson
06-06-2009, 09:21 PM
[QUOTE=JOSKOMANG4;9698868]1. LeBron James, SF (26 years-old)

2. Dwyane Wade, SG (28)

3. Chris Bosh, FC (26)

Bulls lineup in 2009:

WHAT makes you think that Brian colangilo would give up Bosh for WHO ?
Hinrich, deng and demarcus nelson ? thats a fair trade to you ?
did luel deng even play last year ? kirk hinrich ? we have calderon why would we need him .... if bosh is being traded to chicago you better beleive either john salmons or ben gorden along with tyrese thomas would be included in that trade, were not going to give chicago a team that is in our conference our best player for theyre scraps.

and why is lebron making 25 million a year where wade would be making 18 mill a year ? last time i checkd wade had already won a ring, why is his value soo much less then lebrons, because of lebrons hype ? that dont make any sence to me. :confused:

joeboow90
06-06-2009, 10:06 PM
the rockets would be CRAAZYY if that Tmac trade happened. imagine stephen jackson jamal crawford shane battier ron artest.

_KB24_
06-07-2009, 01:46 AM
I hope the Lakers sign Nash to a MLE. Fish will hopefully retire and Farmar will still backup for a couple of more years.

Eagles4Lyfe
06-07-2009, 12:34 PM
this goofball knows NOTHIGN and i mean NOTHING at all about basketball. Its probably some 8 year old trying to fufill his nba live fantasies. Why in the world would we lose marion to the spurs hes resigning with the raptors first. Second reports are we can give bosh the max deal and we have the money for that so well have more then 20 mill if we lose bosh Why would we spend 5 of it on nash and do jack squat with the rest. Your the biggest toronto hater ive seen in my life. You come to our boards and make absurb offers that would never happen even if this was a pick up game..If we trade bosh it sure is not going to the bulls especially without the name ROSE involved period. And whoever takes bosh also gets to take banks:D...And ya Dwayne wade arguably is as good as lebron is if only he had supporting cast, which is why chandler would be a good fit for the heat because they lack a good center..And you forgot other big name guys like mike bibby stephen jackson camby and so on.. As a fan i cant wait its going to be one hell of an offseason thats going to b full of excitement

kntresistheheat
06-07-2009, 01:06 PM
I got 3 things to say:

1) Did'nt michael jordan have the richest contract in nba history? (35mil for one season)

2)All those trades are in your little fantasy!:rolleyes:

3) I think there is a cap for contracts now? I think bosh, wade, and lebron could only get a 5 or 6yr at around 18mil per.....I could be wrong but I think I am close???

J-Relo
06-07-2009, 03:58 PM
those ideas area actually cool and some are pretty realistic... however only some....

JordansBulls
06-07-2009, 04:08 PM

2. Dwyane Wade, SG (28)

3. Chris Bosh, FC (26)

Bulls lineup in 2009:

C- Miller
PF- Bosh
SF- J. Salmons
PG- D. Rose.

5. Joe Johnson, SG (29)

6. Paul Pierce, SG (33)

9. Yao Ming, C (29)

Michael Redd, SG (30)

Trade:

T.J. Ford, PG (27)

Josh Howard, SF (30)

Tyson Chandler, C (28)

Mike Miller, GF (30)

Steve Nash, PG (36)

Ray Allen, SG (34)

No way in hell Lebron gets 25 million a year from the Cavs.