PDA

View Full Version : OKC Thunder: #3 Pick

Baller1
06-05-2009, 12:52 AM
Alright, we (in the Thunder forum) have been discussing tons, and tons of different possible scenarios for the Thunder come draft day. So, I'll put out some of the scenarios most discussed, but I'd also like to hear some ideas and input from other fans around the league.

-Draft SG James Harden with #3 pick.
-Draft C Hasheem Thabeet with #3 pick.
-Draft PG Ricky Rubio with #3 pick.
-Draft PG Ricky Rubio with #3 pick, and then trade Rubio to the LA Lakers for Andrew Bynum and Sasha Vujacic.
-Trade #3 pick & Jeff Green to LA Clippers for #1 pick (Blake Griffin).
-Trade #3 pick to Sacramento Kings for Jason Thompson & #4 pick.
-Trade #3 pick to Washinton Wizards for Javale McGee & #5 pick.

These are some of the rumors and ideas being discussed the most, so I would just like to hear some of your thoughts on the situation.

Which route should the Thunder take?

Hoopsadvocate
06-05-2009, 12:55 AM
Alright, we (in the Thunder forum) have been discussing tons, and tons of different possible scenarios for the Thunder come draft day. So, I'll put out some of the scenarios most discussed, but I'd also like to hear some ideas and input from fans around the league.

-Draft PG Ricky Rubio with #3 pick, and then trade Rubio to the LA Lakers for Andrew Bynum and Sasha Vujacic.

These are some of the rumors and ideas being discussed the most, so I would just like to hear some of your thoughts on the situation.

That one.

Baller1
06-05-2009, 12:57 AM
I'm personally on board for drafting Harden.

abe_froman
06-05-2009, 01:06 AM
I'm personally on board for drafting Harden.

you guys will take thabeet and like it! :P

borat
06-05-2009, 01:07 AM
Sorry. Lakers aren't going to trade a 21 one year old 7 footer for Rubio.

You're taking Thabeet. Which is the right move. Who is your center again?

Exactly.

borat
06-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Also, Clippers gonna trade the #1 pick for that? You guys must be insane over there. :laugh:

Baller1
06-05-2009, 01:13 AM
Also, Clippers gonna trade the #1 pick for that? You guys must be insane over there. :laugh:

Well, considering it's a legitimate possibility, no we're not insane. Is it a longshot, of course. But, we were actually deciding if we would actually accept that trade. Jeff Green might already be one of the most underrated players in the league, and you're helping prove that. How about you make an attempt to actually get yourself more familiar with the game, and then get back at me.

BigEric
06-05-2009, 01:14 AM
The Kings trade Jason Thompson and possibly Brandon Jennings, Tyreke Evans, Demar Derozan, James Harden, or Jrue Holiday for Ricky Rubio?

Is that a joke? Not to be offensive, but that really offended me. Rubio is NOT all that and a bag on chips, yet.

Baller1
06-05-2009, 01:16 AM
The Kings trade Jason Thompson and possibly Brandon Jennings, Tyreke Evans, Demar Derozan, James Harden, or Jrue Holiday for Ricky Rubio?

Is that a joke? Not to be offensive, but that really offended me. Rubio is NOT all that and a bag on chips, yet.

Maybe someone should just close this thread, because apparently not everyone understands the concept of "rumors and ideas". Ridiculous...

theuuord
06-05-2009, 01:19 AM
Draft forum...

BigEric
06-05-2009, 01:19 AM
Maybe someone should just close this thread, because apparently not everyone understands the concept of "rumors and ideas". Ridiculous...

Maybe someone should just not make stupid threads about stupid ideas and whatnot. Don't get all defensive because people don't like your stupid ideas.

BigEric
06-05-2009, 01:22 AM
Don't you think that 4th pick and 23rd pick for 3rd pick and second round pick makes more sense? Throw in Garcia if they aren't budging for that offer. Don't just give away your teams third best player.

Baller1
06-05-2009, 01:25 AM
Maybe someone should just not make stupid threads about stupid ideas and whatnot. Don't get all defensive because people don't like your stupid ideas.

Some people amaze me. Your immaturity is ridiculous. I could care less if you think the ideas are "out of hand", I just wanted to throw them out there to fans of other teams. Plus, they're not my ideas, just some rumors that have been thrown out there. Chill out.

Baller1
06-05-2009, 01:26 AM
Don't you think that 4th pick and 23rd pick for 3rd pick and second round pick makes more sense? Throw in Garcia if they aren't budging for that offer. Don't just give away your teams third best player.

I didn't think you would take the "ideas" so literally. All those trades that I posted would just be the basis of the trades. Not all of those were "straight up" trades.

mtgphenom
06-05-2009, 01:29 AM
I think it depends a lot on how they view KD, if they want him at the 2 and green at the 3 then they go with a big but Thabeet is not the answer he's going to be a bust. if that's the case the should make the trade with sac or wash to get a big and use their new pick on possibly hill or who ever else they have in mind.

BigEric
06-05-2009, 01:31 AM
Some people amaze me. Your immaturity is ridiculous. I could care less if you think the ideas are "out of hand", I just wanted to throw them out there to fans of other teams. Plus, they're not my ideas, just some rumors that have been thrown out there. Chill out.

Chill out? Dude in my first post I clearly said no offense. Obviously, you took offense. You're being a stifler if people don't like what you posted. What do you want me to say? Yay the Kings should trade two years worth of first round choices to move up a spot?

You then said that the thread should just be closed, and said it was ridiculous. You are also insulting me by saying that I'm immature, when I haven't taken one shot at you. I didn't say "BALLER101200 YOURE AN IDIOT FOR POSTING THAT." I said no offense, that offer offended me because I'm a big Kings fan, and I know the potential Jason Thompson has, and to give him away for a spot up is just downright dumb.

Where the hell did you hear Thompson and the 4th pick for the 3rd pick? I've been looking on sites and I haven't seen that crap anywhere. Like my good friends favorite rapper says, "Don't take it personal."

pmmr2113
06-05-2009, 01:33 AM
i would love rubio on the lakers, but not for bynum

Baller1
06-05-2009, 01:35 AM
I think it depends a lot on how they view KD, if they want him at the 2 and green at the 3 then they go with a big but Thabeet is not the answer he's going to be a bust. if that's the case the should make the trade with sac or wash to get a big and use their new pick on possibly hill or who ever else they have in mind.

It's almost certain that Durant is going to be the future SF, and Green will remain at PF.

jdillion
06-05-2009, 01:35 AM
Alright, we (in the Thunder forum) have been discussing tons, and tons of different possible scenarios for the Thunder come draft day. So, I'll put out some of the scenarios most discussed, but I'd also like to hear some ideas and input from other fans around the league.

The Lakers scenario is by far the best. Trade an unproven draft pick for a young center who is already one of the best in the league and get a quality back up shooting guard who can run the point. But that is very wishful thinking if you ask me.
More Likely:

The thunder just draft Thabeat and pry that he is the second coming of Mutumbo.

Baller1
06-05-2009, 01:36 AM
Chill out? Dude in my first post I clearly said no offense. Obviously, you took offense. You're being a stifler if people don't like what you posted. What do you want me to say? Yay the Kings should trade two years worth of first round choices to move up a spot?

You then said that the thread should just be closed, and said it was ridiculous. You are also insulting me by saying that I'm immature, when I haven't taken one shot at you. I didn't say "BALLER101200 YOURE AN IDIOT FOR POSTING THAT." I said no offense, that offer offended me because I'm a big Kings fan, and I know the potential Jason Thompson has, and to give him away for a spot up is just downright dumb.

Where the hell did you hear Thompson and the 4th pick for the 3rd pick? I've been looking on sites and I haven't seen that crap anywhere. Like my good friends favorite rapper says, "Don't take it personal."

I'm fine, but whatever. I'm not trying to argue and make enemies. But, like I said, the Sacramento trade in my original post isn't the entire trade. It's just the basis. I'll look for a link...

Baller1
06-05-2009, 01:44 AM
Well, I can't find anything about that trade either. Must have just been an idea, or a false source. If you want, I'll take it off my original post. I thought I had heard something about a OKC-SAC swap as well, but I guess I was wrong.

BigEric
06-05-2009, 01:52 AM
Well, I can't find anything about that trade either. Must have just been an idea, or a false source. If you want, I'll take it off my original post. I thought I had heard something about a OKC-SAC swap as well, but I guess I was wrong.

No there is no need, I'm not going to tell you to delete something I don't agree with, it's all good. I personally think that Hill would be the best fit if Thabeet doesn't fall. Harden would be a nice offensive option as well. Imagine that Chandler trade went through, Chandler, Hill, Green, Durant, Westbrook. That would be sick.

mtgphenom
06-05-2009, 02:04 AM
if they keep the pick the need to draft a 2 guard. this draft is so weak with bigs and they're going to be in the lottery next year more then likely, whos draft is loaded with bigs

eso
06-05-2009, 03:28 AM
for the trade with the Lakers Jeff Green would have to thrown in there to even make them think twice about it... after the way Bynum played today it would probably take even more than that... i dont think the Thunder should trade Green though that kid is gonna be very very good... but you can take Sasha of our hands for a bag of twisties, a six pack of beer and some candy for Odom

ItsTheLastAce
06-05-2009, 03:42 AM
i would go for thabeet if i were the thunder he would give them what they need a big man with potential to develop, and a defensive presence.

if they can pick up a spot up shooter at the 2 gaurd along with drafting thabeet they can be verrrry good next year

beau_boy04
06-05-2009, 04:12 AM
I say draft James harden, which by the way showed great athleticism and leaping ability at the combine and live with it. Anyways, they won't be able to find a quality big and next season they won't be able to get to the playoff, therefore getting another lotto pick in 2010-11 which is loaded with bigs and then go from there. By then, Kevin Durant should be one of the top 3 scorers, Green one of the most versatile PF, Westbrook one of the top 10 PG of the league, James Harden one of the best all around player at the 2 and then draft your big in 2010-11 Nba Lottery.

bluesickle
06-05-2009, 05:04 AM
No way the Clippers trade their pick for OKC's pick and Green. The Clippers have been criticized for making so many bad picks in the past that they need to make the no-brainer move in this year's draft.

DerekRE_3
06-05-2009, 05:49 AM
I can tell you right now that there is no way the Kings will trade the #4 and Jason Thompson to get Rubio. The Kings love the future duo of Hawes and Thompson, they are already developing some chemistry together on the court. Plus, there aren't many 6'11 250 pound PF's that can run the floor like Thompson can.

dee279
06-05-2009, 06:12 AM
I have a serious question. U thunder fans, are yall past seattle supersonics fans or all yall just people from Oklahoma City? Maybe a lil mixture? And let me repeat, thats a serious question!

dee279
06-05-2009, 06:16 AM

If the Thunder can do that, then i say do that.

If not, then just draft Thabeet or Harden. Maybe even that davidson doode. cant think of his name at the moment but if yall draft him try to get one of the bottom 2 of yall ideas. I believe with Westbrook, Jeff green, durant, and Davidson doode lol yall would have a very good 3 point shooting team.

dos132
06-05-2009, 07:34 AM
the number 1 draft pick always get the spotlight, like rose...
except kwame.... #1 dumb pick...

Westbrook36
06-05-2009, 08:09 AM
-Draft SG James Harden with #3 pick.-Draft C Hasheem Thabeet with #3 pick.
-Trade #3 pick to Washinton Wizards for Javale McGee & #5 pick

- James Harden might be the pick but I dont agree with it. You have Kevin Durant already and Jeff Green on the wings
- Hasheem Thabeet has the most potential in this years draft to just be an outstanding player. He's the pick but will take some time, we know he has a ton of potential because when he got to UCONN he couldnt ball very well at all, then turned into a top player.
- Ricky Rubo is unlikely to fall but If he does he will be the pick, the problem with that is they have Westbrook already
-Blake Griffin is possible because Jefff Green is a good young player with a ton of potential and the Clippers would be interested

The rest are unlikely..I dont see those teams giving up young promising players to move up one or two picks.

Andrew Bynum is very unlikely too as fans love him

Baller1
06-05-2009, 09:51 AM
I have a serious question. U thunder fans, are yall past seattle supersonics fans or all yall just people from Oklahoma City? Maybe a lil mixture? And let me repeat, thats a serious question!

I'm a former Sonics fan. I tried to not follow the Thunder, but I couldn't. I just feel like they're still my team.

Baller1
06-05-2009, 09:52 AM
-Draft SG James Harden with #3 pick.-Draft C Hasheem Thabeet with #3 pick.
-Trade #3 pick to Washinton Wizards for Javale McGee & #5 pick

- James Harden might be the pick but I dont agree with it. You have Kevin Durant already and Jeff Green on the wings
- Hasheem Thabeet has the most potential in this years draft to just be an outstanding player. He's the pick but will take some time, we know he has a ton of potential because when he got to UCONN he couldnt ball very well at all, then turned into a top player.
- Ricky Rubo is unlikely to fall but If he does he will be the pick, the problem with that is they have Westbrook already
-Blake Griffin is possible because Jefff Green is a good young player with a ton of potential and the Clippers would be interested

The rest are unlikely..I dont see those teams giving up young promising players to move up one or two picks.

Andrew Bynum is very unlikely too as fans love him

Russell Westbrook plays PG.
___________ plays SG.
Kevin Durant plays SF.
Jeff Green plays PF.

That leaves room for Harden to play SG.

Baller1
06-05-2009, 09:54 AM
I say draft James harden, which by the way showed great athleticism and leaping ability at the combine and live with it. Anyways, they won't be able to find a quality big and next season they won't be able to get to the playoff, therefore getting another lotto pick in 2010-11 which is loaded with bigs and then go from there. By then, Kevin Durant should be one of the top 3 scorers, Green one of the most versatile PF, Westbrook one of the top 10 PG of the league, James Harden one of the best all around player at the 2 and then draft your big in 2010-11 Nba Lottery.

This is the route I'm leaning towards for OKC.

Storch
06-05-2009, 01:12 PM
There is no way the OKC thunder can get the #1 pick without trading away Durant for Griffin. Bynum for Rubio, in your dreams. You guys have a nice pick, you either get rubio or thabeet. Outside SG and SF youre team doesnt have a locked player, however westbrook has been striving. But im sure rubio would steal that spot from him.

Ethix11
06-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Stop the Press. If you guys have a chance at swapping picks with Sacramento, take advantage of that and lock up Jason Thompson. Then take whoever falls into your lap with probably will be Harden. You need to do this. Never even think about doing the trade with the Clippers. Laker trade aint even good enough compared to Sacramentos which gives you a future. You can then trade anyone of your players for a Center later or simply sign one in Free Agency and you'll be complete and competative.

DrDEADalready
06-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Thabeet.

mikantsass
06-05-2009, 02:17 PM
There is no way the clippers trade the #1 pick (Griffin) for Green and #3....

Take Thabeet if he is still available or take Harden

masalex1205
06-05-2009, 02:36 PM

If you did that you could still draft Harden (Kings have Martin) and get Thompson as well, not sure if the Kings would be down for this, maybe if they got Rubio

Nwsports22
06-05-2009, 02:40 PM

I've been a Sonics fan since I was 5 years old. I'll never be a Thunder fan.

CityofTreez
06-05-2009, 03:08 PM

So 4 Christmas, you asked for to get a handhake from Clay Bennett?

Nwsports22
06-05-2009, 03:11 PM
So 4 Christmas, you asked for to get a handhake from Clay Bennett?

No

Bruno
06-05-2009, 05:37 PM
I don't know whats gona happen with this pick, but I have a feeling the Thunder will be to the Lakers, what the current Lakers were to the aging Spurs.

Torque
06-05-2009, 08:02 PM

I think OKC biggest need is a true Center. They are pretty hard to find these days, if Hasheem Thabeet is there at #3, they have to take him. If he's not there, then the trade with the Lakers seems fair.

Kabowdos
06-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Hasheem would be ideal. He is a great defensive presence and Thunder needs that greatly.

plpfctn
06-05-2009, 09:48 PM
literally impossible to trade the #3 pick to the lakers for bynum and sasha. the salaries don't match. not even remotely. bynum will begin to make 13 million next year and sasha makes 5 million. i do sasha for rubio.

juggla53
06-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Ive got to imagine they would take rubio or thabeet whichever one memphis doesnt take, if they had their choice id imagine they'd take thabeet if they had their choice considering westbrook's impressive rookie year and the fact that he's only going to get better and that their center position is one of the weakest in the NBA.

dee279
06-05-2009, 10:58 PM
I'm a former Sonics fan. I tried to not follow the Thunder, but I couldn't. I just feel like they're still my team.

Thanks fo the answer. I was really curious.

dee279
06-05-2009, 11:00 PM

thats good to know right dere. So i guess u from Seattle huh?

what54!?
06-05-2009, 11:10 PM
thabeet. They need a defensive mind-mined C so its not like he'll have to score

lakerboy
06-05-2009, 11:16 PM
literally impossible to trade the #3 pick to the lakers for bynum and sasha. the salaries don't match. not even remotely. bynum will begin to make 13 million next year and sasha makes 5 million. i do sasha for rubio.

Actually, Bynum for the #3 pick might work. I'm not sure about this,,,.. but since they are way under the salary cap, they can take Bynum in exchange for a trade exception.

borat
06-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Well, considering it's a legitimate possibility, no we're not insane. Is it a longshot, of course. But, we were actually deciding if we would actually accept that trade. Jeff Green might already be one of the most underrated players in the league, and you're helping prove that. How about you make an attempt to actually get yourself more familiar with the game, and then get back at me.

No it's not a legitimate possibility. It's dumb for a number of reasons.

At the 3 spot you have either Thabeet, Harden or Rubio that the clippers would draft.

Green is a PF. The Clippers are not going to be able to get red of Zach's huge contract. Which ends in 2011. So Green will basically ride the pine. He's not a game changer at all like Blake has the potential of being. Plus now you're gonna get who Thabeet? Nice pick if you didn't have Camby and Kaman. Kaman basically can't be moved. Camby can, but do you think they are going to trade for a straight up project player in Thabeet and pass on Blake and what he could do? Especially if they think Baron can return to form and get to how he was playing a couple of years ago? For Thabeet?

Same with Baron because of his huge deal. Little chance of moving him as well. So why draft Rubio? No point. Now Harden. Why would they want him? They have a 2 guard of the future in Eric Gordon.

Like i said dumb. Either way they aren't going to be able to move those pieces they need to to make room for Green and whoever they decide to draft at the #3 spot by draft time. Camby will be a guy they may deal at the deadline if someone wants to clear up cap room or if they need a big body for a playoff run. However, the clips may just want his money to come off the books anyway. Don't know what they could really get for Camby that would be beneficial to their future? They obviously wont take on any bad contracts.

Plus Blake has been hyped as the next great thing and has the real potential to be. Has the skills and excitement needed to bring fans in. So they are going to give that away for Green and any of the other guys mentioned? :laugh:

I think you're the one that needs to brush upon your knowledge a bit.

ETA. Unless you're saying the clips would trade for Green and want him to play SF instead of Blake? Like there is not a huge difference in what kind of star potential each one has? C'mon bro. Get real. :laugh:

Baller1
06-06-2009, 12:56 AM
No it's not a legitimate possibility. It's dumb for a number of reasons.

At the 3 spot you have either Thabeet, Harden or Rubio that the clippers would draft.

Green is a PF. The Clippers are not going to be able to get red of Zach's huge contract. Which ends in 2011. So Green will basically ride the pine. He's not a game changer at all like Blake has the potential of being. Plus now you're gonna get who Thabeet? Nice pick if you didn't have Camby and Kaman. Kaman basically can't be moved. Camby can, but do you think they are going to trade for a straight up project player in Thabeet and pass on Blake and what he could do? Especially if they think Baron can return to form and get to how he was playing a couple of years ago? For Thabeet?

Same with Baron because of his huge deal. Little chance of moving him as well. So why draft Rubio? No point. Now Harden. Why would they want him? They have a 2 guard of the future in Eric Gordon.

Like i said dumb. Either way they aren't going to be able to move those pieces they need to to make room for Green and whoever they decide to draft at the #3 spot by draft time. Camby will be a guy they may deal at the deadline if someone wants to clear up cap room or if they need a big body for a playoff run. However, the clips may just want his money to come off the books anyway. Don't know what they could really get for Camby that would be beneficial to their future? They obviously wont take on any bad contracts.

Plus Blake has been hyped as the next great thing and has the real potential to be. Has the skills and excitement needed to bring fans in. So they are going to give that away for Green and any of the other guys mentioned? :laugh:

I think you're the one that needs to brush upon your knowledge a bit.

ETA. Unless you're saying the clips would trade for Green and want him to play SF instead of Blake? Like there is not a huge difference in what kind of star potential each one has? C'mon bro. Get real. :laugh:

Well, apparently you think I'm the only one who has realized that this trade is an actual possibility. You're trying your hardest to make me look stupid, when the trade idea is not my "made-up dream". It's in discussion. Will it happen? Probably not. I don't even know if I would want to accept this trade from a Thunder standpoint. Quit trying to degrade the truth, and just be a little open-minded. Ridiculous...

Baller1
06-06-2009, 12:57 AM
Thanks fo the answer. I was really curious.

No problem. I was born and raised a fan of all the Seattle teams, so it killed me to see them get moved to OKC the way they did. However, like I said, I can't not root for them. They're just my team.

Baller1
06-06-2009, 12:58 AM
I don't know whats gona happen with this pick, but I have a feeling the Thunder will be to the Lakers, what the current Lakers were to the aging Spurs.

That would be nice.

dee279
06-06-2009, 01:16 AM
No problem. I was born and raised a fan of all the Seattle teams, so it killed me to see them get moved to OKC the way they did. However, like I said, I can't not root for them. They're just my team.

I understand your point. If my team would move which is MIami heat so i really dont see that happening but it could one day but neway i would still like them too. i kan see Toronto being moved eventually too. See if any Toronto fans do like you did. Chris Bosh is really showing how Nba people just do not want to live in another country.

harlequin018
06-06-2009, 01:43 AM

Those in bold are the only possibilities. The rest are just fans daydreaming. Thabeet will go #2 to the Grizz, and if he happens to fall to the Thunder (the Grizz are a franchise dumb enough to maybe let this happen) he's the guy you take. Rubio doesn't fit in with the Thunder, but he will be available. Harden is a much better fit along side Westbrook since he doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective. The trade for McGee is an outside possibility although the Wiz don't need Rubio (but badly need Thabeet). Since they won't get the big man at 3, the trade really doesn't hold much water. The Kings get their man at 4 and no amount of bluffing on the part of the Thunder will get them to part with Thompson. Obviously, the Lakers don't want to trade away their starting center from a world championship team.

MickeyMgl
06-06-2009, 01:47 AM

Tempting, given how well the Lakers have done with Gasol at center, and the Lakers' weakness at PG. Tempting, but I'd have to pass. If they win a championship this year, they don't need to make any moves they don't feel 100% about. Rubio is highly recommended, and it would be a good chemistry move to have one of Pau's talented Spanish teammates join the team, but the Lakers are invested in Bynum. They might as well keep him.

borat
06-06-2009, 02:04 AM
Well, apparently you think I'm the only one who has realized that this trade is an actual possibility. You're trying your hardest to make me look stupid, when the trade idea is not my "made-up dream". It's in discussion. Will it happen? Probably not. I don't even know if I would want to accept this trade from a Thunder standpoint. Quit trying to degrade the truth, and just be a little open-minded. Ridiculous...

You said possible scenarios. This goes under the category of "not possible" There is a free for all trade forum for these type of things. It is designed for dream scenarios. Not in the nba forum though. You posted a few ridiculous options and i simply called them out for being ridiculous.

Boston Faithful
06-06-2009, 03:46 AM

You're insane.

I would never do that trade if I were the Thunder, why would you trade potentially Rubio and Green (when Rubio isn't THAT far behind Griffin) for Griffin himself? That's just plain stupid. Green will be better than Griffin next year alone, but definitely not in the future and a lineup of Rubio, Westbrook, Green, Durant is lethal. Matured, in 3 years that lineup will easily be a championship contender.

Baller1
06-06-2009, 04:31 PM
You're insane.

I would never do that trade if I were the Thunder, why would you trade potentially Rubio and Green (when Rubio isn't THAT far behind Griffin) for Griffin himself? That's just plain stupid. Green will be better than Griffin next year alone, but definitely not in the future and a lineup of Rubio, Westbrook, Green, Durant is lethal. Matured, in 3 years that lineup will easily be a championship contender.

Finally, someone open-minded. Thank you.

azkarraga
06-06-2009, 04:53 PM
I'd love to see Rubio in LA. And yes, they need him!

IversonIsKrazy
06-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Well Griffin is going to be gone. I wouldnt trade for him either. I wouldnt trade my pick. It depends on Memphis really.

If memphis draft Rubio: Simply draft Thabeet.

If memphis draft Thabeet: Draft Rubio, then trade him for Bynum + Vujacic.

Scenario 1:
Westbrooke/?/Durrant/Green/Thabeet

Scenario 2:
Westbrooke/Vujacic/Durrant/Green/Bynum

Either way, man would their future be absolutely AMAZING!!

Chisox@22
06-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Ricky wont be there at 3.............sorry.

Chisox@22
06-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Clippers arent trading griffin and the number one pick................sorry

Chisox@22
06-06-2009, 08:05 PM
If the grizz traded with sacramento, what are the chances of okc taking harden at 3 over thabeet?

Chisox@22
06-06-2009, 08:07 PM
We'd like to trade for jt and the number 4 with sacramento, and then take thabeet with thier #4, maybe we could do that deal then turn and give you guys the #27 and the 4 pick and we could move into the 3 hole.....unless you have a 15 and 10 defensive freak of a power forward we could get from u.. Lol

Chisox@22
06-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Just had a thought, you guys want rubio.....
How bout rubio /#2 pick and #35 for westbrook and pick 3

Chisox@22
06-06-2009, 08:10 PM
U guys wouldnt need westbrook if you had rubio...so that would work pretty good....then we could have our backup point guard we need and who could possibly overtake conley, and thabeet as well....

BullsNumber1Fan
06-06-2009, 08:18 PM

:laugh:That is hilarious! IMO Wesbrook is better than Rubio and the 3rd pick(Thabeet/Harden) will obviously be better than the 35th pick!

For real though, if the Thunder get Rubio, everybody should watch out for them in the future with a lineup of Rubio/Westbrook/Durant/Green/?. All they would have to do is fill that C position with someone like Tyson Chandler this summer or in the future and they are set for a LONG time. Don't forget that Westbrook played SG when he was at UCLA.

Baller1
06-06-2009, 09:00 PM

:laugh2:

mrblisterdundee
06-09-2009, 03:17 AM
I think the Thunder will take Hasheem Thabeet. There's no reason not to. He'll probably be available after Griffin and Rubio get picked. Russell Westbrook is good enough to be the long-term point guard. The Thunder need a center. They are a young team. Everything fits picking Thabeet.

Shortys4711
06-09-2009, 04:46 AM
I would take Hasheem Thabeet and if not then Ricky, and if you take Ricky theres no way I would be trading him for Andrew Bynum and Sasha Vujacic. Bynum gets in foul trouble to much and doesnt make that much of an impact on the court when hes out there and all Sasha does is hit the 3 ball. I would take my chances on Ricky he could devolope to be one of the best point guards in the NBA.

Baller1
06-09-2009, 09:59 AM
I would take Hasheem Thabeet and if not then Ricky, and if you take Ricky theres no way I would be trading him for Andrew Bynum and Sasha Vujacic. Bynum gets in foul trouble to much and doesnt make that much of an impact on the court when hes out there and all Sasha does is hit the 3 ball. I would take my chances on Ricky he could devolope to be one of the best point guards in the NBA.

I agree that Rubip would be a nice addition, but that really poses a problem at PG. Westbrook has already made it clear to Scott Brooks and the organization that he wants to play PG.

king4day
06-09-2009, 11:31 AM
I actually liked the LA trade for them.
If they win a ring however, I just don't see it happening. They'll want to continue letting him grow (Bynum)