PDA

View Full Version : Lil Wayne - Kobe Bryant

BTownTeamsRKing
06-04-2009, 07:29 PM
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/id.7793/title.lil-wayne-kobe-bryant

As a Celtics fan and a fan of rap and word play......this song is sick. one of waynes best in a long time. if your not a fan of rap or hate kobe, dont bother. but if u like rap or Kobe, give it a listen!

that said...GO MAGIC!

AllTheWay
06-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Lil Wayne is EPIC FAIL when it comes to rap...

kblo247
06-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Wayne did very well on the track it is :smoking:

rabzouz 96
06-04-2009, 07:38 PM
this song sucks

Mane
06-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Lil Wayne is terrible.
Its pretty good if you aren't a fan of hip-hop. Rather hip-pop.

pippsux
06-04-2009, 07:49 PM
All his songs sound the same. Liked Shaq's song better.

theuuord
06-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Lil Wayne is terrible.

is popular hip hop not hip hop?

BTownTeamsRKing
06-04-2009, 07:51 PM
All his songs sound the same. Liked Shaq's song better.

LOL! i actually laughed

theuuord
06-04-2009, 07:53 PM
cue people who a) hate kobe, b) hate lil wayne, or c) hate both below...

Mane
06-04-2009, 07:54 PM

Popular hip-hop is hip-hop.

Popular rap is hip-pop.

Hard to explain my point, but theres no need in arguing, because people can listen to whatever they want, and theres no need for music snobs telling people what to listen to.

Theres already enough of these arguments in the music forum :laugh2:

BTownTeamsRKing
06-04-2009, 07:55 PM

i know. notice the disclaimer i posted

theuuord
06-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Popular hip-hop is hip-hop.

Popular rap is hip-pop.

Hard to explain my point, but theres no need in arguing, because people can listen to whatever they want, and theres no need for music snobs telling people what to listen to.

Theres already enough of these arguments in the music forum :laugh2:

yeah, and apparently you're one of them. :)

popular rap is hip hop, too. you can hate on it all you want, but it's still hip hop.

theuuord
06-04-2009, 07:57 PM
i know. notice the disclaimer i posted

lol, people don't read stuff like that. it gets in the way of their hatred!

Mane
06-04-2009, 07:59 PM
yeah, and apparently you're one of them. :)

popular rap is hip hop, too. you can hate on it all you want, but it's still hip hop.

Yeah i'd probably consider myself more of an elitist than a music snob.

I was just stating my opinion.

Arac
06-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Nothing against Kobe, I've always disliked Wayne.

But I don't dislike this song because I hate him. I hate him because he puts crap like this out.

ManRam
06-04-2009, 08:19 PM

I pick C.

And the fact that Steven A Smith is on the intro is enough for me to hate it. Lil Wayne-wise, it's nothing new. Not anything better than the stuff he's put out lately. His songs all sound the same now. I don't hate Wayne as much as most people who hate modern/current/main stream rap...but still, he doesn't bring anything new to the table.

thedfactor
06-04-2009, 08:24 PM
used not to like either kobe or lil wayne, but i've liked kobe for the last 3 yrs or so now and wayne just recently. this song is decent, i mean its overwhelmingly too much kobe love, but still not bad.

MPScribbles
06-04-2009, 08:34 PM

Oooh, ooh the answer is C!

MPScribbles
06-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Nothing against Kobe, I've always disliked Wayne.

But I don't dislike this song because I hate him. I hate him because he puts crap like this out.

Agreed.:cheers:

cmellofan15
06-04-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm definitely not going to listen to this piece of **** but I do recall Lil' Wayne saying the Cav's would win it all when he was on 1st and 10.

chad311k9
06-04-2009, 10:11 PM
wow! a song about my least favorite b-ball player, by the worst "rapper" in the game.

TERRIBLE!

MOHA
06-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Well i like Kobe but i hate Weezy. I love old skool music and i think lil wayne is a disgrace. Im not a big fan of him.

bomber0104
06-04-2009, 10:19 PM
awesome

cmellofan15
06-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Anyone who hates him should post in the Music forum :D

Johann
06-04-2009, 10:35 PM
haha he sounds like missy elliot XD

Arac
06-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Anyone who hates him should post in the Music forum :D

Lil' Wayne? Music?

I'd rather call it noise.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-05-2009, 12:50 AM
geez the disclaimer is there for a reason people.

Go Dodgers!
06-05-2009, 01:09 AM
I am not a Wayne fan but I actually like this song..

TheCooLKid2020
06-05-2009, 01:31 AM
Now what's defense? to an assassin. Killer instinct, Murder the basket. Steal the ball back, hold it for ransom. It's more than a game, Its a passion.... That line was hard.... lil wayne up till the Dedication 2 was ill but has fallen off big time but still a dope song

NYtilIdie
06-05-2009, 01:32 AM
Eh nothing special if Chamillionaire would have done this it would be WAY better Chamillionaire can take a horrible song (Turn my swag on) and turn it into gold (Turn my swag on freestyle). Plus Chamillionaire can make great basketball songs (Grind Time) and he makes more sense when he raps you can understand him more. While Wayne seems to be speaking Lil Wayangue at times and starts getting off topic when he does that.

In basketball terms: Chamillionaire is the Kobe of hip-hop right now IMO

GCOOKIE7
06-05-2009, 01:40 AM
Lil' Wayne is horrible.... Chamillionair is horrible.

It's all about the WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU TANGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

That's real hip-hop, rap w/e you wanna' call it

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-05-2009, 02:03 AM
not awful but listen to a real rap song..this one about the 2007 golden state warriors playoff run...

http://www.imeem.com/people/Xf32Bw/music/3vbuWjDH/trackrunners-warriors-i-game-time/

montazingmvp
06-05-2009, 04:51 AM
when lil wayne raps it sounds like he's trying to take a s.h.i..t,but it just isn't happening

D-Amazins
06-05-2009, 05:13 AM
Eh nothing special if Chamillionaire would have done this it would be WAY better Chamillionaire can take a horrible song (Turn my swag on) and turn it into gold (Turn my swag on freestyle). Plus Chamillionaire can make great basketball songs (Grind Time) and he makes more sense when he raps you can understand him more. While Wayne seems to be speaking Lil Wayangue at times and starts getting off topic when he does that.

In basketball terms: Chamillionaire is the Kobe of hip-hop right now IMO

You got to be kidding me? You lost all respectability when it comes to rap/hip=hop. Cham is TRASH & he did not turn Turn my swag on into gold, Weezy, Fabolous and Young Jeezy did. They ALL did WAY better then him on that. Chamillionaire = Kobe of hip hop, I understand you have ur own opinion but damn you must really like garbage.

GregOden#1
06-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Lil Wayne is to rap music what two cups and a string is to telecommunications.

BALLER71
06-05-2009, 10:47 AM
That sucked. Even tho I'm a fan of Rap.

cf267872
06-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Lil Wayne is garbage. He should stop his rock album and 3-4 mixtapes a year, and drop an LP every year instead, then maybe he'll have a classic. MTV/BET/VH1/Radio killed hip hop. Auto-Tune killed hip hop. Bring back lyricism, and have rappers stop doing work with people based on their name, and work with with people based on their talent, either on the mic or producing.

cf267872
06-05-2009, 10:55 AM
If you guys want a better hip hop song about basketball, listen to "The Game" by Jurassic 5.

@ GCOOKIE7:
Good looks on being a Wu fan, we got Rae coming back with OB4CL2, and Blackout! 2 with Red & Meth was much better than Eminem's Relapse. Real Recognize Real, in sports or music.

Mallpha
06-05-2009, 11:16 AM

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Becks2307
06-05-2009, 11:34 AM
lol hatin on lil wayne..it think the song is dope...

GCOOKIE7
06-05-2009, 11:46 AM
If you guys want a better hip hop song about basketball, listen to "The Game" by Jurassic 5.

@ GCOOKIE7:
Good looks on being a Wu fan, we got Rae coming back with OB4CL2, and Blackout! 2 with Red & Meth was much better than Eminem's Relapse. Real Recognize Real, in sports or music.

OB4CL1 was the ****... I just hope Rae comes with that fireeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

jethead
06-05-2009, 11:55 AM
beat was dope, lyrics..eh they were okay, all in all its pretty good

STOP HATIN' IT'S A WEAK EMOTION

Becks2307
06-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Practice while you sleep..
practice in my sleep
Straight out of high school,
the brackets ain't for me
I will be jumping over you
like I got a mattress at my feet
and all field-jacking fiends,
y'all better be passing it to me
I put the master in the beast
attacking like a beast
and I am starving for victory,
and that means I'ma eat
And when they ask you who's the best
then the answer should be me..

I'M GOING FOR THE RING~! I'M GOING FOR THE RING~! I WENT TO BEIJING AND CAME BACK WITH THE BLING~! Who dey want? Dey want Ko--be! And what he want? He want da tro--phy!

BenFrank
06-05-2009, 12:08 PM
As a person who rap's.. I thought it was pretty good

cf267872
06-05-2009, 12:12 PM
OB4CL1 was the ****... I just hope Rae comes with that fireeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Absolutely. Best Rae verse in my opinion is actually on Big Pun's Endangered Species album. Listen to "Fire Water", song still gives me goosebumps.

And I want to clear up 1 thing, I'm not a "Lil Wayne Hater", I just think he gets to much recognition from mainstream media. Lets remember that Weezy was a rookie back in 1997, but it basically took him a decade to become noticed. Also, he can't sing or play the guitar, but yet he tries over and over again. He does have some songs, that make you press rewind, but he recycles too much of his work to consider him a legit rapper, and definitely not the "Best Rapper Alive".

Jay22Redd
06-05-2009, 12:15 PM
LOL! i actually laughed

LOL I did too.

cmellofan15
06-05-2009, 12:16 PM

absolutely brilliant :clap:

da wood
06-05-2009, 12:45 PM
as a fan of kobe i like what he was rapping about but i must say that hov is the best rapper alive hands down. what makes something main stream because people like it. isn't that what you strive for because the more people that like it the more people that buy it. because at the end of the day its all about that paper. i don't know let me know if i'm wrong.

Mane
06-05-2009, 12:50 PM
WU-TANG-WU-TANG

cf and gcookie.. we could use some more Wu fans in the music forum!!!

kdman77
06-05-2009, 01:04 PM
This song is awesome, Lil Wayne is just voicing his opinion. And what rapper doesn't self proclaimed the greatest of all time? "MVP, MVP, Kobe Bryant AKA Envy Me" this line is awesome.

GCOOKIE7
06-05-2009, 09:26 PM
WU-TANG-WU-TANG

cf and gcookie.. we could use some more Wu fans in the music forum!!!

**** I never new about a music forum. And Hov ain't the best rapper alive. Other then Reasonable Doubt he hasn't had much of a classic album.

Jay couldn't wear ghostfaces, GZA, RZA or Inspektah Deck's jockstrap.
Juggernaughts of this rap ****... pulling out gats for fun.

GCOOKIE7
06-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Absolutely. Best Rae verse in my opinion is actually on Big Pun's Endangered Species album. Listen to "Fire Water", song still gives me goosebumps.

And I want to clear up 1 thing, I'm not a "Lil Wayne Hater", I just think he gets to much recognition from mainstream media. Lets remember that Weezy was a rookie back in 1997, but it basically took him a decade to become noticed. Also, he can't sing or play the guitar, but yet he tries over and over again. He does have some songs, that make you press rewind, but he recycles too much of his work to consider him a legit rapper, and definitely not the "Best Rapper Alive".

Thanks for that song... I'm loving it straight off of youtube. For some reason I can't stop listening to Icewater. The old man with his "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" is hypnotizing me or something.

jackyyy
06-05-2009, 10:20 PM
not a wayne lover but this song is pretty good..

Living Legend
06-05-2009, 10:30 PM
THAT TRACK IS TITE DAWG!!!!

Weezy killin it son!

still1ballin
06-05-2009, 10:59 PM
sick....my favorite line:

MVP...MVP...Kobe Bryant aka envy me

MPScribbles
06-06-2009, 12:52 AM
Sounds like R&B, rap and bull**** just like everything else that lil wayne puts out.

AllTheWay
06-06-2009, 02:28 AM

ily

Squad13
06-06-2009, 02:59 AM

That **** wasn't hip hop, it was awful

theuuord
06-06-2009, 03:48 AM
That **** wasn't hip hop, it was awful

so if you don't like it... it's not hip hop?

D-Amazins
06-06-2009, 05:19 AM

He's def. not the best rapper alive. Id give that title to Jadakiss before I do Wayne. Wayne recycles as does Jay-Z and Hova even worst as he recycled B.I.G. ALOT, as well as other rappers. Listen to Cam'ron's "Swagger Jacker".

Wayne is still a beast tho.

D-Amazins
06-06-2009, 05:19 AM
Sorry but Weezy killed it. Alot of you guys arent into rap and alot f you are def. weezy haters and so before you even hear the track your already in doubt. What Weezy rapped about and the way he stayed on topic and used current situations he did really good on the track. Obviously its not a classic but a good song nonetheless.

Mane
06-06-2009, 10:49 AM

No.

Hip-hop is a totally different genre of music.

If its by Lil Wayne, hes not a hip-hop artist.. hes a pop "artist".

Kidd>>>K-Mart
06-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Lil Wayne is a G

Squad13
06-06-2009, 02:38 PM

Yes, its not my definition of hip hop, is that okay with you?

theuuord
06-06-2009, 02:44 PM
No.

Hip-hop is a totally different genre of music.

If its by Lil Wayne, hes not a hip-hop artist.. hes a pop "artist".

and again... is popular hip hop not hip hop?

if lil wayne isn't a hip hop artist, someone better go edit his personal webpage, his artist page at universal & cash money, move all of his cd's out of the hip hop genre in every store they're sold in, edit his wikipedia page, change the genre his music is listed in at amazon, remove his cd's from websites that sell only hip hop, write every critic who's written about his music and ask for a correction, e-mail katie couric and tell her to delete their interview forever....

oh, and they'd have to tell him too. but i doubt he'd listen.

Yes, its not my definition of hip hop, is that okay with you?

....and are you the gatekeeper of what hip hop is and is not?

Mane
06-06-2009, 02:48 PM

if lil wayne isn't a hip hop artist, someone better go edit his personal webpage, his artist page at universal & cash money, move all of his cd's out of the hip hop genre in every store they're sold in, edit his wikipedia page, change the genre his music is listed in at amazon, remove his cd's from websites that sell only hip hop, write every critic who's written about his music and ask for a correction, e-mail katie couric and tell her to delete their interview forever....

No one is the gatekeeper. What kind of music you make decides what genre of music you belong to.

Babbling out of your mouth, with nonsensical garbage, does not qualify you as hip-hop. It doesn't qualify as music. Its not music. Its not poetry.

Hes not a rapper. Hes a little troll with no education that throws up in rhyming form over a beat.

theuuord
06-06-2009, 02:53 PM
If anything, Lil' Wayne is the DEFINITION of hip hop... a kid who made it out of a horrific living situation in urban New Orleans (the lower 9th Ward is beyond repair), basically hasn't left the studio since he was 12, worked his butt off to get his name and his music out there and is both reaping the rewards now with a massive fanbase and giving back to his community.

The guy from the span of 2006-2008 spit over a thousand verses. That's over a verse a day - that includes mixtapes, albums, guest appearances, etc. All of it was put out to the public. Most artists don't put 1,000 verses to the public in their LIFETIME. You might not like him, you might hate him, you might despise what he stands for, but the guy has an unbelievable work ethic for an artist. Watch that katie couric interview if you're curious, it's really fascinating.

The fact that people want to say he's not hip hop because they happen not to like his music continues to astound me...For instance, I don't really like Onyx, but they're definitely a hip hop group.

theuuord
06-06-2009, 02:55 PM
No one is the gatekeeper. What kind of music you make decides what genre of music you belong to.

Babbling out of your mouth, with nonsensical garbage, does not qualify you as hip-hop. It doesn't qualify as music. Its not music. Its not poetry.

Hes not a rapper. Hes a little troll with no education that throws up in rhyming form over a beat.

realllllly.
i said a hip hop the hippie the hippie to the hip hip hop, a you dont stop the rockin to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat...

what poetry!
lol.

How much Lil' Wayne have you listened to?

Squad13
06-06-2009, 02:56 PM

Yes I am the gatekeeper for what I think is hip hop and what isn't, Anyone could write a bunch of stupid metaphors and call themselves the greatest, Wayne just happens to have a large group of people that will buy anything he puts out. You know who else does? Britney Spears, The Jonas brothers... must I go on?

And about his music being placed in the hip hop section on Amazon and in stores... http://www.amazon.com/Ice-Back-Hip-Hop-Classics/dp/B001GF9M5W/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1244314533&sr=8-4

Boom, roasted.

Squad13
06-06-2009, 02:57 PM
realllllly.
i said a hip hop the hippie the hippie to the hip hip hop, a you dont stop the rockin to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat...

what poetry!
lol.

That was the chorus and actually original, lil Wayne has made some of the worst songs I have ever heard in my life, I honestly have lost faith in man kind after hearing some of his popular songs.

theuuord
06-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Yes I am the gatekeeper for what I think is hip hop and what isn't, Anyone could write a bunch of stupid metaphors and call themselves the greatest, Wayne just happens to have a large group of people that will buy anything he puts out. You know who else does? Britney Spears, The Jonas brothers... must I go on?

And about his music being placed in the hip hop section on Amazon and in stores... http://www.amazon.com/Ice-Back-Hip-Hop-Classics/dp/B001GF9M5W/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1244314533&sr=8-4

Boom, roasted.

um....yeah?

Vanilla Ice is a hip hop artist. He's a pretty bad one, and got into it for a lot of the wrong reasons, but the music he made was hip hop music.

so.... boom?

Mane
06-06-2009, 02:58 PM
If anything, Lil' Wayne is the DEFINITION of hip hop... a kid who made it out of a horrific living situation in urban New Orleans (the lower 9th Ward is beyond repair), basically hasn't left the studio since he was 12, worked his butt off to get his name and his music out there and is both reaping the rewards now with a massive fanbase and giving back to his community.

The guy from the span of 2006-2008 spit over a thousand verses. That's over a verse a day - that includes mixtapes, albums, guest appearances, etc. All of it was put out to the public. Most artists don't put 1,000 verses to the public in their LIFETIME. You might not like him, you might hate him, you might despise what he stands for, but the guy has an unbelievable work ethic for an artist. Watch that katie couric interview if you're curious, it's really fascinating.

The fact that people want to say he's not hip hop because they happen not to like his music continues to astound me...For instance, I don't really like Onyx, but they're definitely a hip hop group.

I could spit thousands of verses in two years if i wasn't worried about quality.

JIDsanity
Lil Wayne is terrible.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
:cool:

theuuord
That was the chorus and actually original, lil Wayne has made some of the worst songs I have ever heard in my life, I honestly have lost faith in man kind after hearing some of his popular songs.

wow.
you care waaaaay too much about artists you pretend to dislike.
lol.

Squad13
06-06-2009, 03:00 PM
um....yeah?

Vanilla Ice is a hip hop artist. He's a pretty bad one, and got into it for a lot of the wrong reasons, but the music he made was hip hop music.

so.... boom?

:speechless:

JIDsanity
06-06-2009, 03:00 PM

Lil Wayne makes rap and pop, not hip-hop. He could be a good artist, he definitely has a few good lines, but... no

theuuord
06-06-2009, 03:01 PM
I could spit thousands of verses in two years if i wasn't worried about quality.

LOL I always find it stupid when people say this. You could do anything. But you didn't. You didn't put the work in. He did. He won.
And he definitely has some quality verses, in both content and construction.

If so many people could have done what he did, then why did he catch on? Why is he a success? Tons of people have gone through the same marketing scheme that he did, but at the end of the day HE had the best selling album of 2008 - by a LONG shot. HE was the most known artist in hip hop in 2008. HE graced more covers than any hip hop artist. HE was the face.
You can't just chalk all that up to people being stupid (which it's not anyway), because he connected with people where lots of others didn't.

Mane
06-06-2009, 03:01 PM
realllllly.

what poetry!
lol.

Hmm.. a lot. Its the only thing people i know listen to, besides the people who have enough of an attention span to realize his lyrics are ****ing garbage.

"I'm trapped in a maze therefore i am amazing"

"i am leannin like a three, legged lion climbin right to the top of the mutha-
fukcin mountain countin i'm gonna need an accountant to count it"

WHAT THE **** DOES THAT MEAN????

Absolutely nothing! Hes obviously not smart enough to make a metaphor that goes over my head, considering all he ****ing raps about is how hes the best and money and *****es and lollipops.

D-Amazins
06-06-2009, 03:02 PM

He Has ALOT of really sick punchlines. Sorry but alot of you guys are haters &/Or just not into rap. Lil Wayne is a BEAST & Its obvious that when your album sells the most in a year its because your doing something right.

Squad13
wow.
you care waaaaay too much about artists you pretend to dislike.
lol.

What? Tons of people like songs like lollipop, it is literally the worst song I have ever heard and the face that people likes it shows how dumb some people are. If you can relate to his gangster ****, then fine listen to him. But when people eat all his garbage up and don't care what he says but just follow him blindly it makes me loose faith in man kind. What don't you get?

Lil Wayne must have kissed you back in the day because you sure defend his sorry *** alot.

theuuord
:speechless:

Sorry dude. Hip hop isn't defined as "what underground elitist fans" like. The genre of music Vanilla Ice made was hip hop music.

I don't like V-Ice but I'm not stupid enough to deny this.

JIDsanity
06-06-2009, 03:04 PM
um....yeah?

so.... boom?

Yes he was. There is a difference between the music Vanilla made, and the music Weezy makes. Weezy does not make Hip-Hop.

Squad13
06-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Sorry dude. Hip hop isn't defined as "what underground elitist fans" like. The genre of music Vanilla Ice made was hip hop music.

I don't like V-Ice but I'm not stupid enough to deny this.

You don't have to be underground to be hip hop, don't put words in my mouth.

theuuord
06-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Hmm.. a lot. Its the only thing people i know listen to, besides the people who have enough of an attention span to realize his lyrics are ****ing garbage.

Absolutely nothing! Hes obviously not smart enough to make a metaphor that goes over my head, considering all he ****ing raps about is how hes the best and money and *****es and lollipops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqsks58j7Bw

lol a lot of stuff he says he is pretty hopped up on codeine. That's part of the appeal. But the fact that you're willing to box in everything he does musically is pretty closed-minded.

theuuord
06-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Yes he was. There is a difference between the music Vanilla made, and the music Weezy makes. Weezy does not make Hip-Hop.

Well not lately. Hot Revolver and Prom Queen are both rock songs. But before this new venture, his career was based in hip hop music.

JIDsanity
06-06-2009, 03:06 PM
What? Tons of people like songs like lollipop, it is literally the worst song I have ever heard and the face that people likes it shows how dumb some people are. If you can relate to his gangster ****, then fine listen to him. But when people eat all his garbage up and don't care what he says but just follow him blindly it makes me loose faith in man kind. What don't you get?

Lil Wayne must have kissed you back in the day because you sure defend his sorry *** alot.

Its a pop song.

D-Amazins
06-06-2009, 03:07 PM

See lines like that I agree are GARBAGE. Thing is the young public think its a hot line even tho it doesnt even make sense. Trust me ive seen it on people's AIM away messages.

But Weezy does have ALOT of sick lines as well. Sometimes he gets soo f**ked up I dont even think he knows what he raps about but I mean the dude literally dropped the most records ever during a span of 4 years. He has come up with ALOT of stuff your bound to have some garbage in there somewhere, every artist has songs that are just straight up trash.

JIDsanity
06-06-2009, 03:07 PM
And as far as this argument goes Kayne stopped making Hip-Hop a while ago

D-Amazins
06-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Its a pop song.

No sorry, lollipop was indeed aHip-Hop song. Most Def. was, as well as "Get Money"

theuuord
06-06-2009, 03:08 PM

Ooh! I can play this game!

And Immortal Technique must have given you a high five and yelled at big bad Lil' Wayne after Weezy tried to punch you, right??

lol.
Come on dude. I still have faith in mankind, which means I still have faith in you. You're better than that.

And I defend Lil Wayne because people don't realize how much entertainment he really gives them.

theuuord
06-06-2009, 03:10 PM
See lines like that I agree are GARBAGE. Thing is the young public think its a hot line even tho it doesnt even make sense. Trust me ive seen it on people's AIM away messages.

I think people just think it's funny. And it is. He says some dumb stuff and it sounds hilarious. Hence, entertainment.

But Weezy does have ALOT of sick lines as well. Sometimes he gets soo f**ked up I dont even think he knows what he raps about but I mean the dude literally dropped the most records ever during a span of 4 years. He has come up with ALOT of stuff your bound to have some garbage in there somewhere, every artist has songs that are just straight up trash.

100% factual.

JIDsanity
06-06-2009, 03:10 PM
No sorry, lollipop was indeed aHip-Hop song. Most Def. was, as well as "Get Money"

I disagree, there is a noticeable difference between the genres. Get Money was Rap, Amille was Rap, Lollipop was pop

theuuord
06-06-2009, 03:11 PM
I disagree, there is a noticeable difference between the genres. Get Money was Rap, Amille was Rap, Lollipop was pop

Lollipop was one of those genre-bending songs because of the style, but I'd definitely say it was under the hip hop umbrella. A lot of hip hop is about experimentation, after all...

JIDsanity
06-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Lollipop was one of those genre-bending songs because of the style, but I'd definitely say it was under the hip hop umbrella. A lot of hip hop is about experimentation, after all...

This is true, the thing I dont get is why do people hate Wayne for doing it and love Kanye for doing the same thing? I used to love Kanye

Squad13
06-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Ooh! I can play this game!

And Immortal Technique must have given you a high five and yelled at big bad Lil' Wayne after Weezy tried to punch you, right??

lol.
Come on dude. I still have faith in mankind, which means I still have faith in you. You're better than that.

And I defend Lil Wayne because people don't realize how much entertainment he really gives them.

It was a low blow but I had to:D, again you think I'm a big Immortal Technique fan and I'm not, but he is 1000x better than lil wayne.

theuuord
06-06-2009, 03:16 PM
This is true, the thing I dont get is why do people hate Wayne for doing it and love Kanye for doing the same thing? I used to love Kanye

Wayne is like a lightning rod for hate.. It doesn't matter what he does, people will hate on him. And, not in spite of that but because of that, he's massively successful.

I like 'em both enough. I hated Graduation, but I was fascinated by 808's.

JIDsanity
06-06-2009, 03:17 PM
What happened to H.E.R

theuuord
06-06-2009, 03:21 PM
It was a low blow but I had to:D, again you think I'm a big Immortal Technique fan and I'm not, but he is 1000x better than lil wayne.

Here's the thing yo. (I'm about to go in, lol.)

When we discuss these artists, I don't feel like I'm discussing music with a lot of guys on here. We're discussing musical artists, sure, and I'd like to be discussing music, but at the end of the day what we're really debating is image.
Lil' Wayne has a specific image that he represents, that rubs a LOT of people the wrong way. He's extremely cocky, not really that lyrically profound, but is able to connect with a huge demographic nonetheless. He loves success. Immortal Technique represents the opposite image. He's a huge anti-industry figure, very politically charged, very angry at similar success because his image directly contrasts with Lil' Wayne. As a result, I don't see one as much "better" than the other - I see them both as two representations of two different musical ideals.
I used to prefer Immortal Technique because (and I can look back and say this) I was way too concerned with my own musical image. Now, I don't care nearly as much about extraneous things like that (although I might be kidding myself, who knows). I'm able to find positive entertainment in listening to Lil' Wayne as a result of that - I enjoy listening to the music. I can in Immortal Technique too, just not as much these days.

Ollie Tabooger
06-06-2009, 03:24 PM
I personally dislike new lil wayne, he's fallen off big time, not even a rapper anymore IMO but whatever I like Kobe and this song isn't half bad. He actually lays down some nice lyrics in this song like he used to.

MJ-BULLS
06-06-2009, 03:27 PM
im a fan of hip hop but didnt like the song, lil wayne used to be a better rapper but has fallen alot over the past years

GregOden#1
06-06-2009, 04:06 PM
I think people are going off on tangents that we shouldn't be going on.

Let's get us back on track:

Lebron>Kobe.

Blah Blah Blah
06-06-2009, 05:12 PM
I love kobe but Lil wayne is well.....iffy at best. Song isn't great but not terrible.

rapswin98
06-06-2009, 05:42 PM
I think people are going off on tangents that we shouldn't be going on.

Let's get us back on track:

Lebron<Kobe.edited, ur welcome:)

onlythisfar41
06-06-2009, 05:56 PM
lil wayne has fallen off big big big time recently, however Drake has been ****ing fire on pretty much all his tracks

BALLER R
06-06-2009, 05:57 PM
This is one of wezzy's best tracks...All you people that are hating on this song are either kobe hater or lil wayne haters...and i bet u hate wezzy because you don't understand a thing he says but if you actually took in his lines and had sense you would see the meaning between them..

P.S when an athlete says something you can read between the line and make a thread about what you think he is trying to say..but you cant do the same to a rap song..

GregOden#1
06-06-2009, 07:30 PM
lets

Gred Oden is uglier than lil Wayne

Let's agree they are both ugly.

Mane
06-06-2009, 11:20 PM
What happened to H.E.R

great ****ing question..

thaboss318
06-07-2009, 12:05 AM
The 9 give me brains
But the AK add liver
The rapper is insane
Flowing like a mad river
Make yo ***** quiver
Like you naked at winter
Hollygrove honcho
Hard time giver
Im a shark in the water
You just long john silver
I got a girl
You want to meet her
Her name is 9 millimeter

I don't care what anyone says...that is sick as hell....i happen to be from louisiana..so i know a lot about lil wayne..the fact is..when he was young...he used a lot better lyrics..actually didnt cuss..but he didnt have anything that was different from what other ppl were bringing at the time..lil mr lucci from dallas texas (for those that dont know who im talking about listen to his 1999 album "Diabolical" it wasnt until wayne came out with The Carter...which was 2004 or 2005? that he changed his style up..with the song "Go DJ"...but we all know at that time Cash Money had an artist named Gillie da Kid who was doing some ghost writing and helped wayne with his flow..and thats what really helped him blow up...ppl dont like lil wayne because he oversaturated himself...he has ran out of stuff to say..so it either sounds stupid or he has already said it...dont get anything twisted about it...he is a hip hop artist...has NEVER been a gangster...and is actually a really smart person who reads alot of history...he was basically a nerd in high school..he was a drama nerd actually...doing plays and stuff...but this song isnt bad at all...compared to some of his other recent stuff when he started to fall off pretty bad

thaboss318
06-07-2009, 12:17 AM
whoa whoa whoa
Now im shinin baby glossin
Big tymin stuntin and flossin
Lamborghini sittin on broaders
With two more in my garages
Plus a blue and black ferrari
With nintendo and atari
Man I swear the car is awesome
Vroom! sorry we lost em
I'm back
I pull up smellin like dime sacks and cognac
I leave in the hummer,
Hour lata I'm flyin back
Whoosh, private jets about to land
The women fall out when I let em touch my hand
I get out the plane into a mercedes benz van
TVs all ova with chrome 20 inch fans, damn
Got damn
Man I am
L-I-L, weezy, off the heezy
But still in all, ice floodin on my watch
And in my grill and all
Porch blocks front blocks
Still in all, me and Slim in the Rover
Beatrice brick holder, Cash Money young soulja

Lil bit of old school lil wayne off the song loud pipes

thaboss318
06-07-2009, 12:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIqvOZw2ziQ

LMAO...almost sounds like some of his recent stuff when he started to fall off

greg_ory_2005
06-07-2009, 12:51 AM
I'm afraid of what I'll hear if I listen to this song.

Mane
06-07-2009, 01:07 AM
whoa whoa whoa
Now im shinin baby glossin
Big tymin stuntin and flossin
Lamborghini sittin on broaders
With two more in my garages
Plus a blue and black ferrari
With nintendo and atari
Man I swear the car is awesome
Vroom! sorry we lost em
I'm back
I pull up smellin like dime sacks and cognac
I leave in the hummer,
Hour lata I'm flyin back
Whoosh, private jets about to land
The women fall out when I let em touch my hand
I get out the plane into a mercedes benz van
TVs all ova with chrome 20 inch fans, damn
Got damn
Man I am
L-I-L, weezy, off the heezy
But still in all, ice floodin on my watch
And in my grill and all
Porch blocks front blocks
Still in all, me and Slim in the Rover
Beatrice brick holder, Cash Money young soulja

Lil bit of old school lil wayne off the song loud pipes

Materialism is destructive towards the youth of the nation.

thaboss318
06-07-2009, 12:52 PM

yea and lil wayne was only like 17 when that came out

a concept u seem to fail to realize is hip hop or rap or whatever u wanna call it...has evolved the past 25 or so years...and yea at one point late in the 1990's when you had rap like No Limit Records and Cash Money Records...that materialistic rap was popular then..so maybe u just covered your ears for those years...or you were too busy dancing to puff daddy in his flashy aluminum foil wind breaker suits...but ur going to have to accept that the flossin type (bling bling) rap was popular back then

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bling%20bling

Cash Money was so popular back then that Webster Dictionary actually made "bling bling" a term

Mane
06-07-2009, 12:59 PM
yea and lil wayne was only like 17 when that came out

a concept u seem to fail to realize is hip hop or rap or whatever u wanna call it...has evolved the past 25 or so years...and yea at one point late in the 1990's when you had rap like No Limit Records and Cash Money Records...that materialistic rap was popular then..so maybe u just covered your ears for those years...or you were too busy dancing to puff daddy in his flashy aluminum foil wind breaker suits...but ur going to have to accept that the flossin type (bling bling) rap was popular back then

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bling%20bling

Cash Money was so popular back then that Webster Dictionary actually made "bling bling" a term

Yeah i was dancing to Puff Daddy. I just love Puff Daddy.

theuuord
06-07-2009, 01:08 PM

I got a color TV so I can see the Knicks play basketball.

Mane
06-07-2009, 01:19 PM
I added you to my ignore list so i don't have to read your posts.

dre1990
06-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Lil wayne sucks so hard

ElMarroAfamado
06-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Lil Wayne is EPIC FAIL when it comes to rap...

yeah it still amazes me how anyone older than 10 years old can listen to the guy
i mean read some of the responses in this thread youd think that we were talking about big daddy kane or something the way some people praise this guy

:mad:

ElMarroAfamado
06-07-2009, 02:39 PM
The 9 give me brains
But the AK add liver
The rapper is insane
Flowing like a mad river
Make yo ***** quiver
Like you naked at winter
Hollygrove honcho
Hard time giver
Im a shark in the water
You just long john silver
I got a girl
You want to meet her
Her name is 9 millimeter

I don't care what anyone says...that is sick as hell....i happen to be from louisiana..so i know a lot about lil wayne..the fact is..when he was young...he used a lot better lyrics..actually didnt cuss..but he didnt have anything that was different from what other ppl were bringing at the time..lil mr lucci from dallas texas (for those that dont know who im talking about listen to his 1999 album "Diabolical" it wasnt until wayne came out with The Carter...which was 2004 or 2005? that he changed his style up..with the song "Go DJ"...but we all know at that time Cash Money had an artist named Gillie da Kid who was doing some ghost writing and helped wayne with his flow..and thats what really helped him blow up...ppl dont like lil wayne because he oversaturated himself...he has ran out of stuff to say..so it either sounds stupid or he has already said it...dont get anything twisted about it...he is a hip hop artist...has NEVER been a gangster...and is actually a really smart person who reads alot of history...he was basically a nerd in high school..he was a drama nerd actually...doing plays and stuff...but this song isnt bad at all...compared to some of his other recent stuff when he started to fall off pretty bad

cmon man you cant be serious
PLEASE READ THOSE LYRICS

PLEEEEASE

ElMarroAfamado
06-07-2009, 02:42 PM
This is one of wezzy's best tracks...All you people that are hating on this song are either kobe hater or lil wayne haters...and i bet u hate wezzy because you don't understand a thing he says but if you actually took in his lines and had sense you would see the meaning between them..

P.S when an athlete says something you can read between the line and make a thread about what you think he is trying to say..but you cant do the same to a rap song..

oh my god im so tired of people saying this about lil wayne
you guys swear his lyrics are from like a legendary mc that has made classic hip hop records or something ....
he is a ****ing pop rapper and it amazes me to hear how some people praise him
remember this is the same guy that brought us the so thought provoking hook and i mean you have to listen to it more than once to understand what he means because its too complicated for the average man:rolleyes:

"bling bling everytime i come around your city bling bling...
"

Living Legend
06-07-2009, 02:43 PM
oh my god im so tired of people saying this about lil wayne
you guys swear his lyrics are from like a legendary mc that has made classic hip hop records or something ....
he is a ****ing pop rapper and it amazes me to hear how some people praise him
remember this is the same guy that brought us the so thought provoking hook and i mean you have to listen to it more than once to understand what he means because its too complicated for the average man:rolleyes:

"bling bling everytime i come around your city bling bling...
"

U don't get it dawg.

Weezy is a playa

ElMarroAfamado
06-07-2009, 02:47 PM
" Originally Posted by D-Amazins View Post
See lines like that I agree are GARBAGE. Thing is the young public think its a hot line even tho it doesnt even make sense. Trust me ive seen it on people's AIM away messages."

yeah thats what i find amazing
even in this thread look at the lyrics people are posting as proof that hes good
BUT THEY ARE HORRIBLE....its like something a little kid can come up with
nothing "complex" nothing "too complicated" its just wackness

but i guess hip hop is so horrible now that guys like this seem mediocre because everyone else is so bad......

Living Legend
06-07-2009, 02:49 PM
" Originally Posted by D-Amazins View Post
See lines like that I agree are GARBAGE. Thing is the young public think its a hot line even tho it doesnt even make sense. Trust me ive seen it on people's AIM away messages."

yeah thats what i find amazing
even in this thread look at the lyrics people are posting as proof that hes good
BUT THEY ARE HORRIBLE....its like something a little kid can come up with
nothing "complex" nothing "too complicated" its just wackness

but i guess hip hop is so horrible now that guys like this seem mediocre because everyone else is so bad......

nah son.

ElMarroAfamado
06-07-2009, 02:52 PM

yeah it sounds like if he is playing like if he is just messing around like if the stuff he releases was not meant to be released

ElMarroAfamado
06-07-2009, 02:54 PM
LOL I always find it stupid when people say this. You could do anything. But you didn't. You didn't put the work in. He did. He won.
And he definitely has some quality verses, in both content and construction.

If so many people could have done what he did, then why did he catch on? Why is he a success? Tons of people have gone through the same marketing scheme that he did, but at the end of the day HE had the best selling album of 2008 - by a LONG shot. HE was the most known artist in hip hop in 2008. HE graced more covers than any hip hop artist. HE was the face.
You can't just chalk all that up to people being stupid (which it's not anyway), because he connected with people where lots of others didn't.

yeah your right, i connect to his music because i (like many other people) can relate to it

hahahahahahhaha:rolleyes:

ElMarroAfamado
06-07-2009, 02:55 PM

hhahahahhaha that is funny that you do that because people quote his lyrics like if they are ****ing the most complex **** in the world
and they are generic like that

ahaahahhaa

ElMarroAfamado
06-07-2009, 02:57 PM
oh and lil wayne is rich
thats fine

it doesnt mean he is not totally wack

BTownTeamsRKing
06-07-2009, 03:02 PM
so u dont like lil wayne?

thaboss318
06-07-2009, 03:05 PM
hhahahahhaha that is funny that you do that because people quote his lyrics like if they are ****ing the most complex **** in the world
and they are generic like that

ahaahahhaa

Yeah
I play the ******** from the backseat champ
Yea I'm in the backseat still got the seat back
Feet back stay from where the fake be at
****** snitch for the shine where the patience at
***** make his own brother face his back
Give love and take it back
Good grief man this world is quite heavy on my aching back
Cops killing for crack you know the story snakes eat rats
Face the facts you can't change him can't shoot it if you can't aim it
Can't miss him if he kill you then you can't blame him
That's just how the dice roll when you can't fade him
Get too deep up in that water and they can't save ya
Me I come out of that water like I was just bathing
And watch my step on a wet pavement
Yea I'm from the hood so I rep 'em where I can't take em
Holly Grove Holly Grove was his last statement
So ***** get that look off your face
And recognize you got a crook in the place
They call me W-E-E crooked letter Y I'm so high
I skeet skeet in any ***** dime like she's mine
Streetsweeper in the back of the hatch make me pop the latch
Leave you bloody with the cops to match
Bullet holes in ya speakers from the chopper blast
Like... Ha ha

I guess thats not any good either...i think you are a complete moron if you think people think his rhyme schemes are complex...cause i dont think anyone would EVER say that...he has CLEVER wordplay..and thats what makes him appealing to so many ppl

Mane
06-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Yeah
Like... Ha ha

I guess thats not any good either...i think you are a complete moron if you think people think his rhyme schemes are complex...cause i dont think anyone would EVER say that...he has CLEVER wordplay..and thats what makes him appealing to so many ppl

If you want some good *** wordplay, you should listen to Celph Titled or Big L.

thaboss318
06-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Big L....as in the New York rapper who died like 10 years ago??

Mane
06-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Big L....as in the New York rapper who died like 10 years ago??

Yes.

Becks2307
06-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Wayne has some great stuff..and some horrible stuff
the problem with wayne is, his good stuff is really good but his bad stuff is some of the worst stuff ive ever heard..

maybe i just listen to too much stuff..i wish i had better stuff to do than babble on and on about his stuff. Maybe i should clean up the stuff in my room (its kinda stuffy) or go buy some stuff at the store..

alexander_37
06-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Lil Wayne = Overrated garbage, hasn't put out a good track in a while.

Kobe = Pansy ***, punk ***, *****

Recipe for fail.

I am really glad Wayne made a Kobe track though because if he made one about any other player i wouldn't be able to hate on it as much.

greg_ory_2005
06-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Yeah
Like... Ha ha

The most fail in a post I've seen in a while. :clap:

thaboss318
06-07-2009, 11:32 PM
The most fail in a post I've seen in a while. :clap:

and how is that...i have not heard u give any suggestions to anyone that can do it better...and if they could do it better...why are they not selling more or getting more love from other artists or even being featured on other artist's songs?? u all want to cry and complain because the stuff he says isnt that great..but when does complex rhymes and clever wordplay get u on top?? its his flow and his delivery and even the fact that alot of stuff he says is clever..and for all the critics out there..that want to talk down to him..i would LOVE to see u come up with something thats any better...ur own rhymes...because u talk so much about how its so bad.. so i would only figure that u can come up with something better??? dont get it twisted..im not a lil wayne dick rider...i have been against alot of stuff he puts out..and i give gillie da kid all the credit for helping him enhance his flow...and im not gonna say he is the best lyricist either...i actually have argued the fact with ppl at work that i believed jadakiss was the best lyricist..he just doesnt appeal that great to mainstream

cmellofan15
06-08-2009, 12:08 AM
and how is that...i have not heard u give any suggestions to anyone that can do it better...and if they could do it better...why are they not selling more or getting more love from other artists or even being featured on other artist's songs?? u all want to cry and complain because the stuff he says isnt that great..but when does complex rhymes and clever wordplay get u on top?? its his flow and his delivery and even the fact that alot of stuff he says is clever..and for all the critics out there..that want to talk down to him..i would LOVE to see u come up with something thats any better...ur own rhymes...because u talk so much about how its so bad.. so i would only figure that u can come up with something better??? dont get it twisted..im not a lil wayne dick rider...i have been against alot of stuff he puts out..and i give gillie da kid all the credit for helping him enhance his flow...and im not gonna say he is the best lyricist either...i actually have argued the fact with ppl at work that i believed jadakiss was the best lyricist..he just doesnt appeal that great to mainstream

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! does one really need to suggest? do you not see how horrid lil' wayne is? I guess not since you're a masquerading lil' wayne dickrider, who believes jadakiss is the best lyricist. I can name five emcees on a single song who are better than lil' wayne. as a matter fact, just listen to a wu tang song there's nine guys who are better.

cmellofan15
06-08-2009, 12:15 AM
If you want some good *** wordplay, you should listen to Celph Titled or Big L.

lol you're reccomending Celph Titled to people who think Lil' Wayne is complex

thaboss318
06-08-2009, 01:25 AM
lol you're reccomending Celph Titled to people who think Lil' Wayne is complex

maybe u should actually listen to what i say first instead of mouthing off garbage..first off..i clearly admitted (if u can read) that lil waynes lyrics are NOT complex...do u need me to say it a 3rd time..cause i will...i stated that he gets his popularity from his clever wordplay...which means the stuff he says is catchy...im gonna spell this out for u really slow so u can understand...like i also said...im not a huge lil wayne fan..which u went back and said i was a lil wayne dick rider after i stated i wasnt...im not a lil wayne fan...im actually not a fan of any rapper...im a fan of the music that they put out...if its any good to me..to assume that lil wayne has never spit a quality verse..shows how dumb u really are...and wu tang...seriously??? u can keep that P.E.A.C.E. **** in NYC...wu tang hasnt been mainstream since they had the music video with the killer bees...who was president back then?? jimmy carter??...my feelings about wayne are simple...ill state them again for u cause u seem to not understand things the first time..im guessing u was one of those kids that had to have special help in school and u had that special aide come over and read your tests to u really slowly so u could have some chance of graduating...i dont think lil wayne is the greatest LYRICIST..which means his lyrics...his wordplay..his complexity in his rhymes..i give that to jadakiss..but the truth is..other then jay z..east coast rappers aren't mainstream...which is for the reason of...most people dont care about lyrics..they want something they can bump in their car...or dance to...and east coast rappers dont do that..so be mad at lil wayne if u want to..but he spits for a check..and he seems to be doing a damn good job at it...

thaboss318
06-08-2009, 01:29 AM
o yea..and again to the short bus rider...guess i have to spell it out to u again..i said if u think he is so horrible and the **** he puts out is so bad...then i would love to see u type us something out of ur handy dandy notebook (ur own lyrics)...not other ppl

GregOden#1
06-08-2009, 01:54 AM
o yea..and again to the short bus rider...guess i have to spell it out to u again..i said if u think he is so horrible and the **** he puts out is so bad...then i would love to see u type us something out of ur handy dandy notebook (ur own lyrics)...not other ppl

as;djkbqwea asjerabwe aweaweawasf
qwneaslehaw aw apwiea,snad awaqafsf!!!
qwelasra,s rwiraskha wioparhl'srhal ';ahiselakseh
kawbj;ebasm,rba owirh a;swherakls rkl;awnh eo;awih
al;kshe,.ab ew;klehba woe;wieh aklsrh aow;eiha ske!?

And now to switch it up

;m,ljowe rsiodhr s,.ejlbtiso;erh dmklsrhospirh
k;sjebro;sie rsothk;;lkmsdftn ;soetih sel;krh
jksbdgrlsek griserisegr[se' se[otih sdtlgser
l;sge rkserg lseui ylusem,v hjysey syw8okjgkjs!!?┐

/thread

BlackMambaMan24
06-08-2009, 04:19 AM
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/id.7793/title.lil-wayne-kobe-bryant

As a Celtics fan and a fan of rap and word play......this song is sick. one of waynes best in a long time. if your not a fan of rap or hate kobe, dont bother. but if u like rap or Kobe, give it a listen!

that said...GO MAGIC!

Your a fan of rap and word play? You have no idea what your talking about so why don't you just keep your mouth shut when it comes to topics such as Lil Wayne or Kobe. Don't offer your advice on what people should listen to, you are a Kobe HATER so get off his nuts. "GO MAGIC!" Stick with your own damn team but I bet that's hard when your just another Boston bandwagon dick rider.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Your a fan of rap and word play? You have no idea what your talking about so why don't you just keep your mouth shut when it comes to topics such as Lil Wayne or Kobe. Don't offer your advice on what people should listen to, you are a Kobe HATER so get off his nuts. "GO MAGIC!" Stick with your own damn team but I bet that's hard when your just another Boston bandwagon dick rider.

still bitter?

131-92

u cant erase that.

Once again blackmamba, YOU ARE THE REASON PEOPLE DONT LIKE LAKERS FANS.

Your fellow Lakers fans agree. I got an over/under on u getting banned from this site on 30 posts. Ill take the under.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-08-2009, 09:08 AM
as;djkbqwea asjerabwe aweaweawasf
qwneaslehaw aw apwiea,snad awaqafsf!!!
qwelasra,s rwiraskha wioparhl'srhal ';ahiselakseh
kawbj;ebasm,rba owirh a;swherakls rkl;awnh eo;awih
al;kshe,.ab ew;klehba woe;wieh aklsrh aow;eiha ske!?

And now to switch it up

;m,ljowe rsiodhr s,.ejlbtiso;erh dmklsrhospirh
k;sjebro;sie rsothk;;lkmsdftn ;soetih sel;krh
jksbdgrlsek griserisegr[se' se[otih sdtlgser
l;sge rkserg lseui ylusem,v hjysey syw8okjgkjs!!?┐

/thread

im sorta feelen this. the structure is a bit weak. the flow is nice. if u use the beat from "lose yourself" it sounds great. Ill get Dre on the phone, and u can spit that fire and get your rap career started.

jerseykidd88
06-08-2009, 09:48 AM
Lil wayne fails lol he will never be like NaS Big Pun Biggie Pac BIg L Rakim etc

BTownTeamsRKing
06-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Lil wayne fails lol he will never be like NaS Big Pun Biggie Pac BIg L Rakim etc

He is way different than those guys. His style is unique. NAS, BIG, PAC were all great. Lil wayne is also great in his own right. music is all about personal preference.

theuuord
06-08-2009, 10:15 AM
maybe u should actually listen to what i say first instead of mouthing off garbage..first off..i clearly admitted (if u can read) that lil waynes lyrics are NOT complex...do u need me to say it a 3rd time..cause i will...i stated that he gets his popularity from his clever wordplay...which means the stuff he says is catchy...im gonna spell this out for u really slow so u can understand...like i also said...im not a huge lil wayne fan..which u went back and said i was a lil wayne dick rider after i stated i wasnt...im not a lil wayne fan...im actually not a fan of any rapper...im a fan of the music that they put out...if its any good to me..to assume that lil wayne has never spit a quality verse..shows how dumb u really are...and wu tang...seriously??? u can keep that P.E.A.C.E. **** in NYC...wu tang hasnt been mainstream since they had the music video with the killer bees...who was president back then?? jimmy carter??...my feelings about wayne are simple...ill state them again for u cause u seem to not understand things the first time..im guessing u was one of those kids that had to have special help in school and u had that special aide come over and read your tests to u really slowly so u could have some chance of graduating...i dont think lil wayne is the greatest LYRICIST..which means his lyrics...his wordplay..his complexity in his rhymes..i give that to jadakiss..but the truth is..other then jay z..east coast rappers aren't mainstream...which is for the reason of...most people dont care about lyrics..they want something they can bump in their car...or dance to...and east coast rappers dont do that..so be mad at lil wayne if u want to..but he spits for a check..and he seems to be doing a damn good job at it...

Unfortunately your arguments are falling on deaf ears. No matter what you say people will pretend you said something else and disagree with a point you didn't make.
That's how arguments about Wayne work with people who already hate him.

cmellofan15
06-08-2009, 01:04 PM

this show's how smart you are bud, you just admitted that you don't like artists that are not mainstream. I'm sure if you kept up with real hip hop you'd know that Ghostface, U-God, Raekwon, and probably some others from Wu have dropped songs this year. And yes I read your post, and that's why I said you're a MASQUERADING dick rider of Lil' Wayne. And that post isn't proving anything, if you're not a fan why do you attempt to protect your man-crush from getting bashed? Oh and I think you might need special aid to spell aid. A-I-D. Three letters! Jadakiss isn't complex either dumb***. His rhymes, along with Wayne's are elementary. And this nonsense about East Coast rappers not being popular is again remedial. Pretty much everybody out of Roc a Fella, Bad Boy, Ruff Ryders, D Block, and pretty much Def Jam are from the East Coast. I'm not mad at Lil' Wayne, at mad at the fact you're secretly in love with him and denying it every chance you get.

*Just pm me if you think that statement was to complex and I'll break it down for you.

cmellofan15
06-08-2009, 01:24 PM
o yea..and again to
the short bus rider...guess i have to spell it out to u again..i said if u think he is so horrible and the **** he puts out is so bad...then i would love to see u type us something out of ur handy dandy notebook (ur own lyrics)...not other ppl

lmao, what are you, like 12?

thaboss318
06-08-2009, 01:34 PM
ok...ONCE again...i guess i have to go slow..but before i break this down to u again..i would like to say thank u for showing me how much of an idiot u truly are

aide  [eyd] Show IPA
–noun
1. nurse's aide.
2. an aide-de-camp.
3. an assistant or helper, esp. a confidential one.

maybe u should go back and see how i used it??? i said a special AIDE came over to help u..i dont see how an AID could come over and help...

back to the points...again...u are actually 100% correct when u say i dont listen to mainstream music...i never even listened to The Carter 3 to be honest...yea some songs that were on mixtapes...i listened to..but never owned the cd...bootleg or bought from the store..im a fan of music..and if 98% of the stuff lil wayne puts out is garbage..then im gonna listen to the other 2% and enjoy it...are u still not understanding???? i never said jadakiss was complex...so maybe u should stop using the word complex...because i have NEVER said anyone was complex..and here is another def for u...if u need any help reading this..let me know

hip-hop (hĭp'hŏp')
n.
A popular urban youth culture, closely associated with rap music and with the style and fashions of African-American inner-city residents.

i dont see anywhere on there that says anything about only east coast NYC rappers are "real hip hop"..cause if they were...im sure they would have been mentioned...considered thats "true hip hop"....im guessing in the early 1990's NWA and the West Coast wasn't rap either?? cause their lyrics weren't "complex"...hip hop is a city by city...state by state thing...u cant compare lil wayne to wu tang clan...because if u switched them...and u put wu tang in new orleans and lil wayne..wherever the **** wu tang is really from...THEY WOULD NOT SELL...when i was in new york..visiting my sister a few years back...i heard songs that i had never heard before on the radio...just like wu tang..and all those other ppl u mentioned...they dont get played down here...BARELY jay z gets played...i dont really listen to the radio..but the last song i can remember jay z being on the radio down here for was "Lost Ones"...which i thought was an incredible song..maybe this is starting to sink in a bit for u???

cmellofan15
06-08-2009, 02:01 PM
ok...ONCE again...i guess i have to go slow..but before i break this down to u again..i would like to say thank u for showing me how much of an idiot u truly are

aide  [eyd] Show IPA
ľnoun
1. nurse's aide.
2. an aide-de-camp.
3. an assistant or helper, esp. a confidential one.

maybe u should go back and see how i used it??? i said a special AIDE came over to help u..i dont see how an AID could come over and help...

back to the points...again...u are actually 100% correct when u say i dont listen to mainstream music...i never even listened to The Carter 3 to be honest...yea some songs that were on mixtapes...i listened to..but never owned the cd...bootleg or bought from the store..im a fan of music..and if 98% of the stuff lil wayne puts out is garbage..then im gonna listen to the other 2% and enjoy it...are u still not understanding???? i never said jadakiss was complex...so maybe u should stop using the word complex...because i have NEVER said anyone was complex..and here is another def for u...if u need any help reading this..let me know

hip-hop (hĭp'hŏp')
n.
A popular urban youth culture, closely associated with rap music and with the style and fashions of African-American inner-city residents.

i dont see anywhere on there that says anything about only east coast NYC rappers are "real hip hop"..cause if they were...im sure they would have been mentioned...considered thats "true hip hop"....im guessing in the early 1990's NWA and the West Coast wasn't rap either?? cause their lyrics weren't "complex"...hip hop is a city by city...state by state thing...u cant compare lil wayne to wu tang clan...because if u switched them...and u put wu tang in new orleans and lil wayne..wherever the **** wu tang is really from...THEY WOULD NOT SELL...when i was in new york..visiting my sister a few years back...i heard songs that i had never heard before on the radio...just like wu tang..and all those other ppl u mentioned...they dont get played down here...BARELY jay z gets played...i dont really listen to the radio..but the last song i can remember jay z being on the radio down here for was "Lost Ones"...which i thought was an incredible song..maybe this is starting to sink in a bit for u???

No nothing's sinking in when you quoted Lil' Wayne, said he was a good lyricist, praised Gillie, and called Jadakiss the greatest emcee. You said yourself it's city by city, so if a person from Columbus, Ohio who goes to Denver, Colorado, Chicago, Illinois and Queens, New York frequently should support Lil Wayne? No, but this music is exposed to everyone from here to Asia and it get's around. Not only is he bad, he's spreading like cancer. I know so many people who fake being bloods just because Lil' Wayne "claims" it. Back in the day, nobody did that because of Wu, nobody made their hair nappy to be like the Wu. The radio gives people crazy ideas and it's these rappers like the ones you seem to adore who are at fault. The only Jay Z i've ever liked was Resonable Doubt and his stuff before that. Here in Columbus they've already wore his Death of Autotune song out. And for the Hip Hop definition, we can't neccesarily define it because who gives them the right to. All I know is that when Hip Hop started in QB with the Juice Crew they never thought that someone like Lil' Wayne would destroy it single handidly. And for the complex thing, somebody else said it, that's why I said 'people' and not you in particular. Anyways back to the original topic. Lil' Wayne is destroying pop culture, sending the wrong message, and is consistently terrible. And NWA didn't have the lyrics of people like Rakim and KRS, but it was the same message. It's kinda like how singers are classified. Some get put into the Country genre or the Pop genre or the R&B genre based on the message. So I don't consider him hip hop, he's a pop artist to me, and he's damn sure not a rock artist.

thaboss318
06-08-2009, 02:13 PM
i never ever said jadakiss was the best emcee...i said LYRICIST...there is a lot more that goes to an emcee then just lyrics...flow...delivery..and such..i gave gillie credit for enhancing lil waynes FLOW and his wordplay..and i dont remember saying lil wayne was a great lyricist...i said he had clever wordplay...CLEVER WORDPLAY...let me define it again what i mean when i say clever wordplay...THE STUFF THAT HE SAYS IS CATCHY...im not a fan of any one rapper..i thought alot of the **** jay-z put out was crap..i hated jay z's music...but the song lost ones..i thought was a good song..so of course i downloaded and listened to it alot..cause i enjoyed it...u seem to be a closed minded individual cause u hear lil waynes name and all of a sudden there is smoke coming out of ur ears...stop being a hater...seriously...his job isnt to make music to make hardcore "real hip hop" fans happy...his job is to make music that makes the majority of ppl..go buy his ****...which i dont...go to his concerts..which i dont...thats the purpose of a mainstream artist...to appeal to a wider audience...and u have to admit he does a good job of it

greg_ory_2005
06-08-2009, 07:18 PM
I don't know where you get clever wordplay from. Lil Wayne's stuff is garbage, not catchy.

thaboss318
06-08-2009, 07:22 PM
ice ice baby is catchy...can't touch this is catchy...and that crap sold...lil waynes lyrics..may not be deep..may not be "complex"...but alot of ppl are going to catch on to them....u see it now...CATCH onto them...