PDA

View Full Version : Some film for you Bynum

MagicDojo
06-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Bynum and Gasol here is a little tape for you to review.
Jeez, Howard is a freak of nature. Especially in the number 2 clip here.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2009/06/03/nba_dwight_top10.nba/

whats your favorite?

ManRam
06-04-2009, 03:26 PM

whats your favorite?

What the Lakers can learn from this...

Force him to back you down, watch out in transition, watch the alley-oops. Box him out...he's the best at turning bad things into good things (offensive rebounds). He worst when he's stagnant, standing around 10-15 feet away from the hoop.

And don't go to the hoop with any weak ****. He'll reject you, hard. Watch out if you're sitting in the first 8 rows too...

JJ81
06-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Lakers did a great job against Howard last night, holding him to 1-6 shooting.

dos132
06-05-2009, 08:11 PM
and bynum is not the only one who can guard Howard, remember Lamar Odom....
they both limit Howard's point in to 12....

MAC10TIZZY
06-05-2009, 09:24 PM
he is so raw dude, he punked ratliff twice...ha ha

AllTheWay
06-05-2009, 11:02 PM
My favorite clip was the one when he made that one shot against the Lakers.

shas
06-05-2009, 11:15 PM

whats your favorite?

check this out, its some tape for the whole magic team, lol

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/top_plays/2009/02/25/nba_lal_kobe_20090225_top10.nba/index.html

Wilson
06-05-2009, 11:39 PM
And don't go to the hoop with any weak ****. He'll reject you, hard. Watch out if you're sitting in the first 8 rows too...

That's something that really bothers me about Dwight. He could just grab the ball, or tip it to a team-mate half the time he blocks the ball, instead he rewards the opposition with a set play.

The Lakers (Andrew Bynum in particular) really suprised me with how well they dealt with Dwight in game one, I expect him to come out nasty and scary in game two though.

iluvsports2much
06-06-2009, 02:40 AM
holy **** hes a MONSTER!!!! how much of that clip came from game 1 of the finals???

bolts4ever
06-06-2009, 07:27 AM
Well this is one thing a lot of ORLANDO fans and WaNNABE fans don't realize, DWIGHT HOWARD is a GREAT ATHLETE not a GREAT CENTER, he has not yet made any
Progress with his post moves and if u take his first move away and guard against the spin moves u are looking at 15 poin 15 reb player. That being said he's still a great player but a gaagainst a laker front line who is not really strong but ridiculously long we can kind of take some things away.

ALSO Orlando fans and laker haters u have to realize u are watching the two future bigs of the league BYNUM is wether u know it or not the best young offensive center in the league but does not really get to dominate because of his health all he I ask to do is play D block shots and rebound. Dwight is a freak of an athlete and I think will make the hall of fame so aprecciate the big man matchup....

lakers sqaud
06-06-2009, 04:53 PM
I heard Bynum asked Dwight if he would work out with him this summer & Dwight said yes man what class....but if these 2 workout with each other this summer it will up both mens game,because when healthy Bynum dont have 2 take a back seat 2 anyone other than Dwight @ the C position, this will help both these freakesh athletes,has anyone else heard anything about this?

EX-TREME
06-06-2009, 05:09 PM
I heard Bynum asked Dwight if he would work out with him this summer & Dwight said yes man what class....but if these 2 workout with each other this summer it will up both mens game,because when healthy Bynum dont have 2 take a back seat 2 anyone other than Dwight @ the C position, this will help both these freakesh athletes,has anyone else heard anything about this?

i just read it at the laker forum

lakers sqaud
06-06-2009, 05:14 PM
i just read it at the laker forum

that just goes 2 show what kind of class howard has LOL~! yeah I found it there 2 it has 2 be true because I wuz reading this mourning about it on another site~!

Wilson
06-06-2009, 10:32 PM

That's awesome. Perhaps Bynum can help Dwight with his offense (Bynum has an awesome hook shot), and Dwight can help Bynum with his rebounding.

EX-TREME
06-07-2009, 08:04 AM
That's awesome. Perhaps Bynum can help Dwight with his offense (Bynum has an awesome hook shot), and Dwight can help Bynum with his rebounding.

then watch out nba. bynum and howard are the future of the centers.

lakers sqaud
06-07-2009, 01:53 PM
then watch out nba. bynum and howard are the future of the centers.

:worthy::nod::worthy:

leftymo
06-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Even though Bynum is two years younger, this is the real matchup right there....

The next two dominant centers (well Dwight's already there)...

Dwight is a beast. Drew is actually bigger than Dwight, but even more raw and inconsistent.

Iron24th
06-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Even though Bynum is two years younger, this is the real matchup right there....

Dwight is a beast. Drew is actually bigger than Dwight, but even more raw and inconsistent.

Agreed.

EX-TREME
06-07-2009, 06:23 PM

:nod:

macc
06-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Sorry I have to laugh at the Howard/Bynum comparisons. I never see Bynum being even close to Howard. Hes just to tall and lanky. Tall lanky players are injured their entire career, look at Yao, he could be the best but he can never finish a season. I see Bynum being the same way.

EX-TREME
06-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Sorry I have to laugh at the Howard/Bynum comparisons. I never see Bynum being even close to Howard. Hes just to tall and lanky. Tall lanky players are injured their entire career, look at Yao, he could be the best but he can never finish a season. I see Bynum being the same way.

bynum can dominate with his skill. he has potenial. it also helps that he is going to work out with howard this offseason. the only problem is that he gets injured often.

leftymo
06-08-2009, 11:04 AM

That could be the worst argument ever (and I have a tough time sayin that to a fellow niner fan)...

tall and lanky? You mean like Duncan, Robinson, Ewing, Olajuwon...

or like Chandler, Curry, Kwame...

Yao isn't a work-aholic. He's never in the best of shape, and his stamina on the court is well documented.

Drew had two fluke knee injuries both caused by his own teammates. Before he got injured he was averaging 26 pts 13 rebounds 3 blocks... including a 42-15 game. So you laugh at the 21 year old? If it were no comparison Game 1 wouldn't have been a 9-9 vs. 12-15 matchup...doesn't look like one completely dominated the other there...

StickyGreenFan
06-08-2009, 05:31 PM
i dont see that effort and hunger out of bynum yet. i see bynum as inconsistent and needing a LOT more work.

Gnac76
06-09-2009, 05:13 AM
Dwight needs to see this video and realize he can PWN whoever he wants at will, bynum, gasol WHOEVER... at home in game 3 I expect a posterizing facial on each of those guys

MagicDojo
06-10-2009, 01:17 PM
In between seasons 1-2 Dwight Howard said he worked non stop to gain strength and size. He went from being able to bench 170 to start and now benches 300lbs. He was a skinny lanky 6-11" and 230lbs and worked hard to build to the 270 lbs of muscle he is now.
I think this is the reason he is so seldomly injured.

Odominator
06-10-2009, 03:29 PM
If bynum works out like howard works out, then there might be a chance...

The problem is Bynum is too timid and soft around the rim since returning from his injury. He lost the edge that he had prior to the injury he sustained earlier in the season. He can't really prove anything in the finals because everyone plays at a different pace and physicality.

Lets see how Bynum does next year... This year he is just another big body to throw at Howard.

leftymo
06-12-2009, 02:21 PM
yeah. One thing we've seen from Bynum is that it really takes him a good while before he gets going. Even this year he didn't really start playing until January...and then got hurt again.

So we will have to wait until next year, which might be good. Allow the vets to rest through the reg season and let the younger players shine, so that they are ready come playoff time.

94forlife
06-12-2009, 03:04 PM
i believe the lakers learned to just foul him and dont let him get the crowd pumped by his dunks, if he cant score this will end sunday night i dont think they will win another game that last loss must have been devastating for them.

lakerdc1
06-12-2009, 06:52 PM

Yea... Tall and lanky never works out... Except for Olajuwon, Abdul-Jabbar, Ewing, Chamberlain, Walton... Basically every great center except Shaq. :clap:

LA Faithful
06-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Dwight needs to see this video and realize he can PWN whoever he wants at will, bynum, gasol WHOEVER... at home in game 3 I expect a posterizing facial on each of those guys

Are you still waiting? LOL... it's clear that as dominant as Howard is on defense and rebounding, the size of Bynum has bothered his offensive game.

1. Howard
5. Bynum

I hope Bynum can pick up on Howard's positioning and aggression. If he does that, there's no reason why he can't be great. His offense is just about there.