PDA

View Full Version : Have Orlando Jinxed it?

samus
06-04-2009, 03:03 AM
Coming into the finals i think Orlando have jinxed it. Some may see Jameer Nelson coming back in as a good thing but personally i think this is a complete jinx on the team. And to add to that Michael Pietrius has changed his shoes. Im not too superstitious but change isnt a good thing, especially coming into the finals after playing such good basketball as a team.

Look at Philadelphias season. They didnt have Elton Brand for the start of the season and things were looking good for them. Everyone was saying "imagine if they had Elton, they wud be unstoppable" but as soon as Elton came in they pretty much lost every game.

As good as Nelson is i think Rafer has being playing fine. The soul reason for Jameer wanting to play is so he doesn't get a ring even though he didnt play. It's a fair reason as he played fantastic in regular season but just leave the team in there momentum. But I'll guess we'll see. Same goes for the shoes. I think it was stupid to publicly address that he was changing his shoes. Same with Mo Williams saying they would win the series. When i heard Mo say that i said to my friend he's jinxed it for the Cavs!

So how does everyone feel. Do we want Jameer playing and do we want Pietrius to keep his Kobe's on!

kblo247
06-04-2009, 03:10 AM
I don't get ditching the shoes personally.

IMO, Kobe's shoes are some of the most comfortable basketball shoes that I have ever worn.

As to Nelson, I get him wanting to play at all costs much like Ariza last year because this could be an once in a lifetime chance.

Just like Phil though, I can see Stan sitting him if he thinks the long term risks aren't worth the short term reward.

ARMIN12NBA
06-04-2009, 03:10 AM
I don't think it's a jinx, but it would obviously be a bad move to bring Jameer Nelson back. He is not in game shape whatsoever and will be very rusty on both ends. Nelson would merely be an unnecessary dilemma if he were to come back and expect minutes.

ggg
06-04-2009, 03:15 AM
this shouldnt be an issue. Jameer is not on rhythm. he is not gonna start and he might just play the 3rd option on the point guard position, all star caliber season or not.

kblo247
06-04-2009, 03:15 AM
I remember Odom coming back off of surgery for the first couple of months and he honestly played better with the labrum torn.

dos132
06-04-2009, 04:02 AM
i think so... just like what happen to cav's, when they add big ben to their line up, its stat to tear down... until its over.... but thats what i think... because they play good without big ben...

pauliiip0p
06-04-2009, 04:18 AM
i dont think jameer playing is gonna make a difference. they should just stick with what got them this far. jameer was amazing before he got injured.. sure he probably looks good in practice.. but his team isnt tryna rough him up the way the lakers would be in the actual game. he'd risk injuring himself all over again so personally i think it'd be dumb.

ManRam
06-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Looks like Jameer isn't going to play after all.

He's officially been ruled out of tonights game, and the word around Orlando is that he wont play at all this series.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-jameer-nelson-magic-060409,0,2411236.story

Lakers4ItAll
06-04-2009, 01:13 PM
I agree

Coming into the finals i think Orlando have jinxed it. Some may see Jameer Nelson coming back in as a good thing but personally i think this is a complete jinx on the team. And to add to that Michael Pietrius has changed his shoes. Im not too superstitious but change isnt a good thing, especially coming into the finals after playing such good basketball as a team.

Look at Philadelphias season. They didnt have Elton Brand for the start of the season and things were looking good for them. Everyone was saying "imagine if they had Elton, they wud be unstoppable" but as soon as Elton came in they pretty much lost every game.

As good as Nelson is i think Rafer has being playing fine. The soul reason for Jameer wanting to play is so he doesn't get a ring even though he didnt play. It's a fair reason as he played fantastic in regular season but just leave the team in there momentum. But I'll guess we'll see. Same goes for the shoes. I think it was stupid to publicly address that he was changing his shoes. Same with Mo Williams saying they would win the series. When i heard Mo say that i said to my friend he's jinxed it for the Cavs!

So how does everyone feel. Do we want Jameer playing and do we want Pietrius to keep his Kobe's on!

lakers4sho
06-04-2009, 01:15 PM
If he's going to play (which I highly doubt), it would be in one of Orlando's home games, probably game 3 or 4.

Blah Blah Blah
06-04-2009, 01:21 PM
I agree with the Pietrius thing...but i think it is kinda funny tho. Nelson coming back I think will throw off the chemistry a lil bit but they know better than I do so if he does play they must have their reasons.

dandman1021
06-04-2009, 01:37 PM
changing shoes wont cause anything to happen....still gonna be a great series