PDA

View Full Version : Im a Dallas fan what do we need? Can we win?

Ebbs
06-04-2009, 01:13 AM
I want to start this off by saying trading Dirk is dumb and out of the question he is by far the best player are oranization has ever had. But everyone else free to suggest what you wish.

Skins4Life
06-04-2009, 01:29 AM
You might want to wait until the playoffs are over to ask that question...

AIsixersFK
06-04-2009, 01:45 AM
get a young pg....and get rid of that scumbag who disrespects the country cause he's black (josh howard).............See what you have on your bench. I think Gerald Green can be a good player in this league with the right system and good coaching.

Danny23
06-04-2009, 02:12 AM
Dallas needs a true Center.!

juggla53
06-04-2009, 02:20 AM
a point guard who can put the ball in the hoop and provide the perfect sidekick with dirk for the next 5 years, maybe somone like devin harris...

ARMIN12NBA
06-04-2009, 02:47 AM
Can we win?

No.

samus
06-04-2009, 03:05 AM
No you cant and never will win a championship!
I think they need a complete re-shuffle with the team. Might be stupid but it will be fun. Could get a lot for Jason Kidd, Dirk, Josh Howard, JET, and Dampier.

dos132
06-04-2009, 03:43 AM
you need some major player moments/trade...
but that will be an experiment.... it will make you up or down under.....

abe_froman
06-04-2009, 04:20 AM
you need to rebuild

Kakaroach
06-04-2009, 08:31 AM
Its tough when your 3 best players are well into their thirties. Rebuilding is the only option at this point, and that around Dirk. Even he only has 2 or 3 years of being unstoppable left.

IndyRealist
06-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Dallas needs a true Center.!

Dallas has a true center, they're one of the few teams that do. What they need is to get younger, more athletic, and stop giving ridiculous contracts to mediocre players and then trading them for chump change (Disagana Diop, anyone?) They need to buy into Carlisle's defense, because if there's one thing he's good at, it's defense. And most importantly they need to be financially responsible, they're so far over the cap with long term contracts they have no hope of getting free agents.

Erick Dampier, Matt Carroll both need to go. Package a combination of them with Josh Howard and/or Jason Terry to a contender for expiring contracts, young talent, and draft picks.

Or trade Dirk plus Dampier and Carroll to, say, Cleveland for Zydrunas, Ben Wallace, JJ Hickson, Daniel Gibson, and 2 lottery protected first round draft picks. Instant cap room.

MiamiHeat
06-04-2009, 12:53 PM
as long as Dallas have Dirk they won't win

whoakid
06-04-2009, 01:00 PM
stop trading for past their prime players and stop signing unproven players

masalex1205
06-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Dallas has a true center, they're one of the few teams that do. What they need is to get younger, more athletic, and stop giving ridiculous contracts to mediocre players and then trading them for chump change (Disagana Diop, anyone?) They need to buy into Carlisle's defense, because if there's one thing he's good at, it's defense. And most importantly they need to be financially responsible, they're so far over the cap with long term contracts they have no hope of getting free agents.

Erick Dampier, Matt Carroll both need to go. Package a combination of them with Josh Howard and/or Jason Terry to a contender for expiring contracts, young talent, and draft picks.

Or trade Dirk plus Dampier and Carroll to, say, Cleveland for Zydrunas, Ben Wallace, JJ Hickson, Daniel Gibson, and 2 lottery protected first round draft picks. Instant cap room.

Devin Harris??

but seriously trading a 1st team all-nba player for expirings, one really young ugy who may pan out, and two very late 1st round picks?

im going to have to strongly disagree with that to put it as diplomatically aspossible

i think Dallas should explore trading Josh Howard for a point guard

Blah Blah Blah
06-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Unfortunately, the Devin Harris trade for Kidd just set you guys back a bit. That was known b4 the trade was gonna happen, but cuban had the "win now" mentality but it obviously did not work out. I say keep Dirk but look to trade Howard. He has value in this league and can bring you guys some talented players. But it'll be difficult even with that considering the age of your guys. Dirk only has like 3 years left of his All-NBA level. Rebuilding somewhat....

Young2Kinsler
06-04-2009, 01:11 PM
people are way over reacting to Dallas. Kidd clearly showed he can still play this season, Dirk has more than 2 years left in the tank, and Dallas has some moveable contracts this offseason, like Howard and Dampier, plus kidds money off the books. Dallas needs a true SG, and a young PG to groom. I don't see Dallas competing without drastic changes, but they aren't as far off as people say. a complete rebuild would only set them back further, and those are never a guarantee

94forlife
06-04-2009, 01:12 PM
I am a lakers fan, so dont flag me but i think cuban is way to involved in the day to day operations of the teamm and makes trades and signings like a fan not a gm. I think he needs to have a true basketball guy to make decisions, and step back they also have some bad contracts and that harris trade was bad

Lakers4ItAll
06-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Dallas needs a true #1 player that also plays D. Dirk is not the answer

Missing56&33
06-04-2009, 03:24 PM
I want to start this off by saying trading Dirk is dumb and out of the question he is by far the best player are oranization has ever had. But everyone else free to suggest what you wish.

Im a Dallas fan what do we need? Can we win?

I feel your pain. Let me start by saying Dallas is a very good team. They had a pretty good season. Its not easy to get to the Finals and its even harder to win it all. I think the first thing the Mavs need to do is put a muzzle on Cuban(he has to do it himself because hes the owner) Cuban is similar to Al Davis of the Raiders. Its good to be passionate about the game and your team but it hurts the fans when you take away from the team with bad moves and choice of words.

IMO the Mavs were the better team in the 2006 Finals vs the Heat. You guys were up 2-0 and almost 3-0 when they let Miami pull that game off. A complete meltdown in game 3 and DN missed some key FT's that would have sealed the game. I was pulling for the Mavs that year because i dont like Miami at all(old knick-heat rivalry still burns within) But when you get that close to a championship and lose it , it takes a lot out of your organization.

If you recall the Mavs got real cocky and arrogant when they were up 2-0 and it was rumored that Cuban was planning the victory parade in downtown Dallas the following week. The first two games were dominated by the Mavs then they let Miami sweep the series after that. It seems like they relaxed, you cant do that.

I think AJ was the best thing that ever happened to the Mavs, but again Cuban chased him away, just like he did DN. OK what do you need now?

1- A coach- RC is a decent coach but I dont see him being tough enough on his players, he seems to be pretty soft and laid back. I dont think thats going to get it done. Jeff Van Gundy could be a good candidate.

2-Mark Cuban needs to retool his team by letting his GM , DN do his job, then he needs to get a seat in the luxury box and watch the game from there.

3- The draft, draft some quality players , there will be some good ones late in the first, and second rounds.

4- Don't be afraid to trade DN. it shouldn't be out of the question, every team has a window with its star, the window is closing, unless you can bring in a star to play along side him in the FA market. I say trade him for three or four role players ie(Andre Miller, Thaduss Young, Samuel Dalembert and a first round pick) start over with the draft. Its a tough pill to swallow but have to start facing the fact that DN may not be the answer. Personally, I dont think hes tough enough. He puts up good numbers but hes soft inside and to slow to be just a perimeter player(to be an elite player)

5- Keep Bass hes a straight up beast, I like Matt Carroll and JH as keepers but obviously they need a pg(Kidd is to old)

mikantsass
06-04-2009, 04:41 PM

Dallas needs to go to a summer camp and learn how to play Defense. Get Kidd out of there, toughen Dirk up, sign Rasheed and Bibby.

Starters:
Bibby
Terry
Howard
Dirk
Sheed