PDA

View Full Version : Celtics and Suns trade rumor and a Heat tidbit

kblo247
06-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Latest rumor out of Phoenix: Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo for Amare Stoudemire, Leandro Barbosa, and the 14th overall pick. They did mention that Boston initiated the proposal, and that the Suns have not made a comment on it as of yet.

Source: sports.ktar.com and Hoopshype.com

I would assume that they plan on moving Perkins as well or letting Powe and Davis go. I guess that would leave open a possible Iverson signing though.

Although the Heat covets potential 2010 free agent Chris Bosh, one NBA person said Toronto general manager Bryan Colangelo recently told him the current plan is to try to surround Bosh with better players instead of trading him. That plan will change this summer only if Bosh expresses serious doubts about re-signing. A friend of Dwyane Wade said Wade would love to play with Bosh in Miami. Miami Herald

Wade and Bosh would be great, and Riley should consider moving Beasley and Haslem for him IMO.

jimbobjarree
06-03-2009, 08:58 PM
that Celtics deal would be a lil wierd, who would play pg for the Celts, surely they'd want Nash in there for a 1 year rental

JordansBulls
06-03-2009, 08:59 PM
What's the point of the Celtics breaking up their team? They still have a good 2-3 years to win it all again especially with the improvement of Rondo.

superkegger
06-03-2009, 09:01 PM
So Barbosa would play point for Boston? Ick.

kblo247
06-03-2009, 09:02 PM
I think the Celtics would be the one going out to sign Iverson if they did that trade as Barbosa this year showed he could play the PG spot when /Nash was hurt a little bit in a traditional offense.

I also think Big Baby and Powe would be allowed to walk away since they have seen Scalabrine step up and could bring Perk off the bench which might be better for his shoulder long term.

I guess that would mean House, Tony Allen, and Marbury being brought back and their rooks developing some more.

Starters:
Barbosa
Iverson
Pierce
Garnett
Amare

Bench:
Perkins
House
Marbury
Tony
Scalebrine

kblo247
06-03-2009, 09:03 PM
that Celtics deal would be a lil wierd, who would play pg for the Celts, surely they'd want Nash in there for a 1 year rental

The Suns might use the ETO in Nash's contract though and let him walk to save money.

i.got.the.nutz
06-03-2009, 09:04 PM
Thats an interesting scenario for Boston. Pierce, Garnett, Stoudemire? Talk about one of the best front courts ever assembled. Barbosa is definitely a downgrade in the backcourt.

I just don't see see Boston breaking up a team that won a title just one year ago and would have probably been the favorites again this year if it weren't for the KG injury.

hgtiger32
06-03-2009, 09:05 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA if that happens someone can make a sig for me to have for a month...lol...no way would that happen...haha rondo an allstar for years to come...that would never happen cause then garnett and pierce would be mad as all heck...how reliable is this source?

Living Legend
06-03-2009, 09:11 PM
This is bs

29$JerZ
06-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Bad move for both teams. Yeah Boston gets Amar'e and with the 14th you get a PG + Barbosa replaces Ray's scoring in a sense. However no way a rookie Pg will help them win and it makes little sense to blow up the team already, they need health not a complete overhaul.

As for Pheonix its a bad move because you get your PG but then what about PF?

Boston could make it work and I'm a but surprised they would let Rondo go so fast for Amar'e who would likely leave and get a max contract. Boston has Garnett and I can't see either one on the bench.

kblo247
06-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Would Phoenix even think about reuniting Marion and Nash to get that old style back?

ARMIN12NBA
06-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Why would Boston do this? Rajon Rondo was utterly dominant in the post-season and nearly averaged a triple-double to go along with brilliant defensive play. Rondo is a beast and a young stud who will get better (16/12/8 with NBA All First Team Defense peak?).

jehovah joe
06-03-2009, 09:21 PM
i cant imagine boston giving up rondo... unless they got nash in return...

VCaintdead17
06-03-2009, 09:23 PM
I don't think there is any truth to the Celtics rumor.

I mean, ususally when there is a trade rumor between to teams, at least one of the teams fans are happy about it. But with this deal, neither Boston nor Phoenix fans really like it, at all. lol

nashehbazi
06-03-2009, 09:23 PM
this rumor is ********. amare is ethier going to the wizards for jamison and the 5th pick or to the knicks. And like someone said earlier why would the celtics break up there team

Derick713
06-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Doesn't make any sense for either team. Why would the Suns want Rondo when he's not a great fit for thier system. Why would the Suns want Ray Allen when they have a younger cheaper SG in Barbosa.

The Suns would lose big time in this deal. They'd have to sign Rondo to an extension soon as well.

The Suns have better options.

Hanzinho
06-03-2009, 09:25 PM
NEVEEEEEER!!!!!

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :badidea:

ARMIN12NBA
06-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Doesn't make any sense for either team. Why would the Suns want Rondo when he's not a great fit for thier system. Why would the Suns want Ray Allen when they have a younger cheaper SG in Barbosa.

The Suns would lose big time in this deal. They'd have to sign Rondo to an extension soon as well.

The Suns have better options.

Rondo would fit great in their system. Grabbing boards, running the break immediately, etc. would be just a few of the advantages Rondo would have in this system. Rondo is great on the break and has fantastic athleticism. In fact, the Celtics were at their best without KG when they played uptempo. That was when Rondo became a triple-double machine in the playoffs.

Corey
06-03-2009, 09:29 PM
There's only one source talking about the PHX - BOS deal.

I think it's all just speculation. It makes no sense to trade Rondo.

Corey
06-03-2009, 09:33 PM
I've said it in other threads as well - Ray and Perk for Barbosa and Amar'e makes a TON more sense...but PHX probably wouldn't do that.

smith&wesson
06-03-2009, 09:34 PM
amare is a pf, not a centre,
why would boston do this?? they would give up ray allen and get a pf back when they already have garnet ?
give up rondo a yonge stud who has soo much chemistry with the team and replace him with a shooting gaurd ? this makes 0 sence. if garnet wasnt injured they would probably be in the finals this year. they dont need to make any changes accept maybe to theyr bench.. but they arent touching the starting line up. rondo, garnet, pierce & allen = UNTOUCHABLE, at least till then end of 2010

kblo247
06-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Maybe KG's knee is worse than we all thought or Perk's shoulder is :confused:

KmB728
06-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Im not to excited about this rumor... although it wouldnt be bad if we got Nash and Amare somehow
then go out and sign AI

Nash
Iverson
Pierce
Garnett
Amare

That core would only be good for a year or two though because of age (besides Amare)

Duncan = Donkey
06-03-2009, 09:39 PM
as i have said in the suns forum. bad trade for both teams

Corey
06-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Im not to excited about this rumor... although it wouldnt be bad if we got Nash and Amare somehow
then go out and sign AI

Nash
Iverson
Pierce
Garnett
Amare

That core would only be good for a year or two though because of age (besides Amare)

If you put those five players together 4 years ago, it would have been an absolute godsend.

That's an allstar team. (If only they were younger)

kblo247
06-03-2009, 09:42 PM
then go out and sign AI

Nash
Iverson
Pierce
Garnett
Amare

Agree and Disagree:

Amare has had micro-fracture surgery and a couple of scopes in his past and there is always the risk that he won't listen to the doctors and will take off those goggles again

_KB24_
06-03-2009, 09:42 PM
This is so ****ing fake. The Celtics wouldn't trade Rondo for any other PG.

Eagles4Lyfe
06-03-2009, 10:05 PM
lol i think that this isn BS because you guys arent even looking it from the salary terms of view.. Allen and pierce are free agents next year anyways and rondos going to need a new contract soon and hes going to ask for a lot of money, you guys already dont have money for a bench and theres no way your going to beat competition in the open market just to keep pierce and allen becuase desperate teams will offer more.. Thats why there trying to trade and make cap space so they can sign some key people to help out. And for the raptors rumorus ya rite HAHAH nice try no way in hell wade can dream the only way hell play alongside bosh is if he comes to toronto. Bosh is going to resign with us after we resign marion...

KmB728
06-03-2009, 10:18 PM
If you put those five players together 4 years ago, it would have been an absolute godsend.

That's an allstar team. (If only they were younger)

Exactly what i was thinking :drool:

Ebbs
06-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Godd trade for celtics bad trade for suns

dee279
06-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Cant be a reliable source. The trade really does not make any sense. Boston is a defense first team. Stoudemire and Barbosa does not play defense at all. Well Barbosa tries to but hes not very good at it. He would actually be a downgrade to ray allen defensively. and Ray Ray is no defender.

Mets4Life101
06-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Barbosa
Iverson
Pierce
Garnett
Amare

would be sick and pretty fun to watch imo.

dodie53
06-03-2009, 10:44 PM
is the suns' version of SSOL be effective without Amare?

kblo247
06-03-2009, 10:45 PM
If they did the trade and signed AI, I would hope the league would give Tom T. COY for getting Iverson, Amare, and Barbosa to play D.

IRUAM #21
06-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Barbosa
Iverson
Pierce
Garnett
Amare

would be sick and pretty fun to watch imo.

Amazing defensive team :rolleyes:

dodie53
06-03-2009, 11:00 PM
with KG's defensive intensity,
some of it will rub to the others, i think.

MJ-BULLS
06-03-2009, 11:08 PM
this sounds like a thumb trade for the boston celtics they will end up getting weak in the defensive side.

ARMIN12NBA
06-03-2009, 11:10 PM
this sounds like a thumb trade for the boston celtics they will end up getting weak in the defensive side.

It sounds more like a index finger trade IMO.

harsh506
06-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Rondo would fit great in their system. Grabbing boards, running the break immediately, etc. would be just a few of the advantages Rondo would have in this system. Rondo is great on the break and has fantastic athleticism. In fact, the Celtics were at their best without KG when they played uptempo. That was when Rondo became a triple-double machine in the playoffs.

I think Rondo fits better with D'Antoni's Suns more than Terry Porters. D'antoni moved the ball and played more of a fast break game and if thats the way that they Suns want to move then this trade might make sence. They can trade shaq to Cleveland and that opens up a whole plethra of options after that to rebuild that team....maybe eve go after bosh in 2010

ARMIN12NBA
06-03-2009, 11:21 PM
I think Rondo fits better with D'Antoni's Suns more than Terry Porters. D'antoni moved the ball and played more of a fast break game and if thats the way that they Suns want to move then this trade might make sence. They can trade shaq to Cleveland and that opens up a whole plethra of options after that to rebuild that team....maybe eve go after bosh in 2010

Who cares about Terry Porter. He has been fired from the Suns for months now. Alvin Gentry is the Suns coach now and he runs the exact same system as Coach D'Antoni. Rondo would put up ridiculous numbers in that offense while still playing great defense, which is something that Steve Nash cannot say.

Super.
06-03-2009, 11:25 PM
this
is
MADNESS!

op12
06-03-2009, 11:28 PM
im not at all justifying the celtics doing this because i hate the idea. the only thing i could see is ainge may have his eye on a pg in the draft. as a homer i would love to see ty lawson a celtic but it makes little sense to get rid of rondo and go with a rookie. i love rondos game and he is proven and will only get better. as everybody else said dont see it doing a whole lot for either team.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-03-2009, 11:33 PM
As a Boston fan:

Amare is one of my favorite players.

but RONDO ISNT GOING ANYWHERE

jojoe1188
06-03-2009, 11:36 PM
I think the Celtics would be the one going out to sign Iverson if they did that trade as Barbosa this year showed he could play the PG spot when /Nash was hurt a little bit in a traditional offense.

I also think Big Baby and Powe would be allowed to walk away since they have seen Scalabrine step up and could bring Perk off the bench which might be better for his shoulder long term.

I guess that would mean House, Tony Allen, and Marbury being brought back and their rooks developing some more.

Starters:
Barbosa
Iverson
Pierce
Garnett
Amare

Bench:
Perkins
House
Marbury
Tony
Scalebrine

:laugh:

jojoe1188
06-03-2009, 11:38 PM
oh can we get a link from where your getting this btw?

Kakaroach
06-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Celtics aren't breaking up their team. They still have some years left and why would Phoenix break up with their 2 best young players?

kblo247
06-03-2009, 11:50 PM
jojoe1188 - here are a couple of the links

Links:

http://www.sportsofboston.com/2009/06/03/celtics-to-trade-rondo-and-allen-to-suns/

http://www.17banners.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=315%3Arondo-and-allen-to-phoenix&catid=3%3Anewsflash&Itemid=1

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/printthread.php?t=169974

http://boards.ign.com/basketball/b5109/180963980/r180964710/

abe_froman
06-04-2009, 01:25 AM
i cannot for the life of me see why the c's would do this

(think its made up rumor)

gcoll
06-04-2009, 01:47 AM
Would Phoenix even think about reuniting Marion and Nash to get that old style back?

That would require spending money. PHX isn't gonna spend any more money. They're broke. Been broke for a while. Hence all the selling of draft picks. For example, Rondo.

But. I wouldn't mind dealing Shaq, and trying to sign Marion. I think it's a pipe dream though.

But this deal? We give up Amare and Barbosa, and get back Rondo and Allen? Bull ****. I don't want that.

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-04-2009, 02:04 AM
theres no way the Celtics are breaking up their roster like that...if they had KG for playoffs this year they would have been in finals..plus they were without powe.

juggla53
06-04-2009, 02:05 AM
Theres no way that the suns are going to trade Amare for two guards one of who is one the downside of his career and the other has had the luxury of three future hall of famers lined up around him. If the suns move amare then they deffinatley need to get back another big as part of whatever deal they made because shaq is gone after next year and that would leave the suns with absolutley nothing at the PF and C position

DasBoot
06-04-2009, 02:13 AM

Starters:
Barbosa
Iverson
Pierce
Garnett
Amare

Bench:
Perkins
House
Marbury
Tony
Scalebrine

Marbury starts in that scenario, hands down. And all those egos will create an absolute S*!t Show. haha gonna be sweet to watch on pti ...

Danny23
06-04-2009, 02:17 AM
total B.S boston just barely lost in the playoffs and now there crying and are desprate for trades,Lol boston makes me laugh.

thephoenixson28
06-04-2009, 03:43 AM
I think it would be the best trade for the celtics. Regardless if you think that amare doesn't play defense, ray allen didn't either its all about team defense. Having a backcourt of amare and kg = unstoppable. If they do that trade they should let nash walk and sign wallace
Lineup:
Rondo
Allen
Hill
Wallace
Shaq
I wouldn't mind that lineup but I still don't want to part ways with amare but I still think those comments he made was pretty stupid.

DitchDat
06-04-2009, 03:59 AM
Rondo = face of the Celts when the Big 3 retires. He's our future building block, no way we give him up for crybaby wannabe superstar Ama're

Lizard King
06-04-2009, 04:19 AM
Lol. Celtics would only do it if they've got another trade planned out to bring in another PG to replace Rondo. Makes sense for the Suns, in a way, if they have a plan to trade Shaq for Chandler, and then make a run at Bosh, when Ray Ray's contract expires in 2010. Another way is if Phoenix agrees to buyout Ray Ray, and he signs with the Celtics for less money, but then again, why would they trade both Stoudemire and Barbosa for just Rondo?

Odd trade.

braveniler58
06-04-2009, 05:55 AM
Just no. This sounds like such an horrible trade. No thanks.

CELTICSBANNER18
06-04-2009, 06:25 AM
This trade can go both ways My opinion this is a good trade because rondo is going to be a free agent soon and would comand more money than the celtics have and stoudamire's contract is almost up so a team like the knicks who are looking for expiring contracts for the 2010 season might do something like Nate Robinson for stoudimire might have to work something out with that trade like adding some players but it would solve the celtics PG problem if they make this trade.

Becks2307
06-04-2009, 06:37 AM
why would the celtics trade Rondo after he just showed how important he is to the team ?

bostncelts34
06-04-2009, 11:38 AM
trade makes NO sense. Yes, lets trade for ANOTHER pf, when we dont need one. Then what will do do with perkins? Are they gonna blow up the whole? Makes NO sense to me. Plus, cool..you get amare, but he can leave after next year, then your left with what? I mean, unless they got Nash instead of that 14th pick, i would hate it, and even then i still wouldnt like it.

Nash
Barbosa
Pierce
KG
Amare

Perk
Powe
Walker
House
Marbury
allen

EX-TREME
06-04-2009, 11:51 AM
this trade doesn't make any sense :confused:

king4day
06-04-2009, 12:03 PM
The Suns might use the ETO in Nash's contract though and let him walk to save money.

Or a more likely scenario, as discussed in the Suns forum, they might try to trade Nash to NY for LEE (sign and trade) to fill their would be, glaring PF position. Or perhaps throw him in the Boston deal and get Big Baby and change back.

tonyd3b54
06-04-2009, 12:05 PM
the only way this makes sense is if the both teams are looking to sell off their parts and get younger... amare and perk is a great frontcourt for the future, but still the celtics would want a contract in place wit amare...

i dont mind the celts going younger i know its gotta happen eventually but its just so hard to find a good young pg which is y i dont like this...

IBleedPurple
06-04-2009, 12:05 PM
What's the point of the Celtics breaking up their team? They still have a good 2-3 years to win it all again especially with the improvement of Rondo.

Agreed. That would be a horrible move for Boston.

kjdills13
06-04-2009, 12:07 PM
this rumor is ********. amare is ethier going to the wizards for jamison and the 5th pick or to the knicks. And like someone said earlier why would the celtics break up there team

Mayb KG is not as healthy as everyone thinks. Mayb he is still hurt and will never be the same. Therefore making this David lee and there pick. Mike D gets his piont guard who can run his offense and the suns have a good team the celtics are dominate down low and will dominate the magic in the catergory!

Suns

Rajon/drajic
Allen/Richardson
Nicks pick/HIll
David lee/Amundson
Shaq/ Lopez

Celtics

Starburryhouse/draft pick
Barbosa/house/draft pick
Pierce/powe
Kj/scalibrini
Amare/perkins

the celtics then have amare go off the books in 2010!!! which is the big thing everyone forgetts about!!! Boston is a big market and they could potential compete for one of the top players! or the could resign Amare

king4day
06-04-2009, 12:09 PM
what a stupid thread!!!...give me the link!!!...celtics wd never do that,,,and it also doesnt make any sense...post the link otherwise close the thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's 50 different links already posted in here. None from offical sites. It's all talk.

king4day
06-04-2009, 12:11 PM

You mean Alvin Gentry 's Suns. It's more similar to Coach D, so I don't see a problem with it.

king4day
06-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Mayb KG is not as healthy as everyone thinks. Mayb he is still hurt and will never be the same. Therefore making this David lee and there pick. Mike D gets his piont guard who can run his offense and the suns have a good team the celtics are dominate down low and will dominate the magic in the catergory!

Suns

Rajon/drajic
Allen/Richardson
Nicks pick/HIll
David lee/Amundson
Shaq/ Lopez

Celtics

Starburryhouse/draft pick
Barbosa/house/draft pick
Pierce/powe
Kj/scalibrini
Amare/perkins

the celtics then have amare go off the books in 2010!!! which is the big thing everyone forgetts about!!! Boston is a big market and they could potential compete for one of the top players! or the could resign Amare

While true, there's no way the Celtics would deal Rondo if they can't assure themselves that Amare resigns. Too big of a risk.

I wonder if they think Rondo can't grow anymore or if KG's injury is a lot worse than is being reported.

sp1derm00
06-04-2009, 12:16 PM
I think it actually makes sense for the Celtics.

Consider this:

Ray Allen might be capable of HUGE games still, but he is not going to be consistent and will probably decline. Rondo is great, and honestly one of the biggest reasons why the Celtics made it so far in the post season... but AMARE is stilll AMARE. Amare is still a 20/10 big that can both shoot the midrange and finish.

Ray Allen for Barbosa at this point is almost an equal deal considering Ray Allen is declining and Barbosa has got his best years ahead of him. Barbosa also adds speed to the lineup.

Now to the PG issue, while Barbosa can play point, Boston has plenty of options. They could draft a PG with the 14th pick, they could try and sign Iverson, or they might just feel that Marbury is a guy they can trust with their offense and might resign him in the offseason.

perkulation
06-04-2009, 12:33 PM
It would be an upgrade for the Celtics. Rondo's defense is way overrated. He's going to ask for a lot of money(when his contract comes up) for a guy that fairly one dimensional.

knickjames23
06-04-2009, 12:39 PM
rajon rondo is the face of the celtics dude is a beast he stepped up his game why would they want to trade him honestly that will be a dumb move because you have perkins that did pretty good on the playoffs and even a better player when garnett is on the floor i understand ray allen dude gettin a little old ...plus amare stay injured i wouldnt take that risk ..barbosa is a solid shooter but lacks in certain parts i

agoody117
06-04-2009, 12:42 PM
why would we shop rondo around...he was arguably the best player for the celtics all year long.

GCOOKIE7
06-04-2009, 12:57 PM
They are just trying to get in on the LeBron sweepstakes!

Hellcrooner
06-04-2009, 12:57 PM
is STEVE KERR stupid????????

rondo is an HORRIBLE shooter he is only lloking good because he has Ray allen, Pierce and Garnett to pass the ball too.

He has gone compeltely overated

He is by NO MEANS worht a stoudamire AND A PICK!!!!!

BTownTeamsRKing
06-04-2009, 01:31 PM
this is all talk. i dont think this trade is close to what is actually being talked about.

If I were to guess what the actual deal is, Id say

Ray Allen (expiring deal), Perkins, Scal (expiring deal), and JR Giddens being offered for Amare (unhappy in PHX) and Barbosa (for some reason PHX has been trying trade him).

slightly different from corey's guess.

What do Suns fans think of that deal?

king4day
06-04-2009, 01:40 PM
this is all talk. i dont think this trade is close to what is actually being talked about.

If I were to guess what the actual deal is, Id say

Ray Allen (expiring deal), Perkins, Scal (expiring deal), and JR Giddens being offered for Amare (unhappy in PHX) and Barbosa (for some reason PHX has been trying trade him).

slightly different from corey's guess.

What do Suns fans think of that deal?

It probably makes more sense since it allows us to then deal off Shaq. Especially with the talk that Kerr has tunnel vision in not wanting to trade Nash. I'd rather have Big Baby though in a sign and trade since he's younger and doesn't have shoulder issues.

king4day
06-04-2009, 01:44 PM
I think it actually makes sense for the Celtics.

Consider this:

Ray Allen might be capable of HUGE games still, but he is not going to be consistent and will probably decline. Rondo is great, and honestly one of the biggest reasons why the Celtics made it so far in the post season... but AMARE is stilll AMARE. Amare is still a 20/10 big that can both shoot the midrange and finish.

Ray Allen for Barbosa at this point is almost an equal deal considering Ray Allen is declining and Barbosa has got his best years ahead of him. Barbosa also adds speed to the lineup.

Now to the PG issue, while Barbosa can play point, Boston has plenty of options. They could draft a PG with the 14th pick, they could try and sign Iverson, or they might just feel that Marbury is a guy they can trust with their offense and might resign him in the offseason.

Or sign Felton

BlinkManJan02
06-04-2009, 02:11 PM
if the suns do end up trading amare, i hope its to the wizards for jamison, james, and the pick which was mentioned in another thread. i like ray allen a lot but how many years does he have left at the level hes playing at now? and it doesnt make sense for the celtics to break up their team.

harsh506
06-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Ty Lawson with the draft pick?:shrug:

Or maybe move up and get Johnny Flynn???

Raoul Duke_91
06-04-2009, 04:04 PM
i cant imagine boston giving up rondo... unless they got nash in return...

nash in a green jersey with a shamrock on it would make me vomit

IversonIsKrazy
06-04-2009, 07:20 PM
PG: Flynn/AI
SG: AI/House
SF: Pierce/TOny
PF: KG/Scal
C: Amare/Perkins

Eagles4Lyfe
06-04-2009, 08:18 PM
ok guys bring back all the bosh trade im sure all the raps fans all just gave up hope on him and feel hes going to bolt. So start all the where bosh goes and give us all your best offers we want a SG, C draft picks and if you can take banks of us then were talkin:p

fishfan79
06-04-2009, 08:38 PM
like the heat rumor for bosh. Him + wade would perhaps be the top 1-2 punch in the league or at least top 3 in that area plus a pairing in their prime. Unfortunately would hate to lose beasley

J_M_B
06-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Barbosa
Iverson
Pierce
Garnett
Amare

would be very scary to play against that 5, but I think its just a rumor and not going to happen.

Corey
06-06-2009, 12:14 PM
The "rumor" has already been discounted. It isn't real.

J_M_B
06-06-2009, 12:24 PM
like the heat rumor for bosh. Him + wade would perhaps be the top 1-2 punch in the league or at least top 3 in that area plus a pairing in their prime. Unfortunately would hate to lose beasley

Bosh and wade would probably be the best duo in the league. If they sign him in 2010 they can have a lineup with wade, Beasley, and Bosh that has championship written all over it.

majmarcus
06-06-2009, 01:18 PM

Exactly what I was thinkin. This deal makes very little sense for Boston when u consider that Amare only makes a defensive play when it falls into his lap.Rondo is coming along nicely. Boston seems to be tryin to get more offensive(IMO).This doesnt surprise me at all. Win a Championship.Lose it. Panic and makes a senseless move.Now up shyt creek. So typical for teams who are used to being losers. They've fluked their way into winning. Now it only makes sense that they put their best foot forward to re-discover their Losing ways......Idiots!:pity::pity::pity:

Kabowdos
06-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Not going to happen. I don't see how any of this happens.

Rondo is one of the best point guards in the league and is only getting better. Ray Allen is going to last the longest out of the big three because he is a pure shooter. Pierce and KG will feel the age first because their speed and athleticism are vital to their game. Allen just shoots, so he is going to be great for awhile.

Why would Boston get rid of their two best guards for a decent unproven PG in Barbosa and Amare? The only thing I can think of is the age problem of the big three, but this doesn't help that much at all.

Why would Suns get rid of their two best young players? They should build around those two guys and get rid of everyone else.

Boston would be stupid to do this trade.

Kabowdos
06-06-2009, 04:45 PM
As for Miami getting Chris Bosh... that sounds more likely. Bosh wants out of Toronto and he would be ideal for Wade and the Heat. I think the Heat would shake the East up a little bit if this were to happen.

codes238
06-06-2009, 07:50 PM
i think itll be something like this deal:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

suns get all deals which expire next year and get rondo and some other young guys to build their team around... the celtics get a loaded team with:
pg - nash/marbury
sg - jrich/tony allen
sf - pierce/MLE small forward
pf - kg/amare/powe
c - perkins/big baby

GodsSon
06-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Wade and Bosh would be great, and Riley should consider moving Beasley and Haslem for him IMO.

:speechless: Riley should only consider trading those 2 for Bosh, right??...as if that trade wouldnt be a complete rip-off already...lets just clear the air right now, teams like Cleveland and Miami have NOWHERE near the amount of necessary parts required to even begin a trade for Bosh, unless they're giving us back LBJ or Wade then it makes NO sense for Toronto to even consider options like that.

codes238
06-07-2009, 09:28 AM
:speechless: Riley should only consider trading those 2 for Bosh, right??...as if that trade wouldnt be a complete rip-off already...lets just clear the air right now, teams like Cleveland and Miami have NOWHERE near the amount of necessary parts required to even begin a trade for Bosh, unless they're giving us back LBJ or Wade then it makes NO sense for Toronto to even consider options like that.

at this point idd take beasley/haslem/1st rounder for bosh, i think thats a good deal for both teams

dos132
06-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Boston want some big player movement. and a younger player than ray Allen...

CELTICS4LYFE
06-07-2009, 10:50 AM
makes no sense....rondo is the future of the franchise....n y would we get rid of perk??? neither makes any sense to me...

J_M_B
06-07-2009, 11:36 AM

LMAO! Bosh is no where near LBJ's or Wade's level. Riley wouldn't even give up both Haslem and Beasley in the same deal. Something more like this Beasley/Haslem, cook, 1st rounder, and another filler for Bosh. You guys have to remeber the only reason Beasley wasn't as dominate as we all thought he was going to be is because he came off the bench and didn't get a lot of minutes. Beasley is going to be an all star if you give 35 minutes a game and not 22 minutes like he had last season.

bostncelts34
06-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Celtics do not want amare. They will not give up their future all star pg for a guy who can walk after this year.

Eagles4Lyfe
06-07-2009, 12:20 PM
woah our problem last year was defence if we give up bosh to get beasley back our defence significatnly drops his biggest problem is defence and he doesnt seem interested in improving and we dont want that..If you guys drafted OJ Mayo then ok we have a deal done..But i rather trade bosh to the west like the thunder or the warriors because they give us better deals plus bosh can struggle making it into the playoffs:p but any deal has to involve a first round pick this year plus a good player at the C position and a SG..

G-Menfan4lyfe
06-07-2009, 12:54 PM
woah our problem last year was defence if we give up bosh to get beasley back our defence significatnly drops his biggest problem is defence and he doesnt seem interested in improving and we dont want that..If you guys drafted OJ Mayo then ok we have a deal done..But i rather trade bosh to the west like the thunder or the warriors because they give us better deals plus bosh can struggle making it into the playoffs:p but any deal has to involve a first round pick this year plus a good player at the C position and a SG..

Bosh will play for the Raptors this year unless he makes such a ruckus that they trade him but it would probably be contingent on him signing a long term deal which he wont do unless they trade him to where he wants to go. If he keeps quiet he'll just play out the year and sign with whoever he wants in 2010. One way or another Bosh's days on the Raptors are numbered and he'll play where he wants to play unless some scrub team trades for him and gets a 1 year rental.

gumpspeed
06-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Celtics do not want amare. They will not give up their future all star pg for a guy who can walk after this year.

And the Suns don't want an overhyped guard who can't shoot!!

Rondo, Allen for Amare, LB and the #14?? The Suns have Shaq expiring contract, they don't need Allen's. LMAO!!

gumpspeed
06-07-2009, 01:33 PM
makes no sense....rondo is the future of the franchise....n y would we get rid of perk??? neither makes any sense to me...

Yea, the future of your franchise Avg 8 assts and 11 pts a game and 4rebs. I know he had a good playoofs against the Bulls, but do what you did in the playoffs all next season and then in the playoffs Again, then we will rap about franchise player stuff. Dude shoots 60% from the FT line??? C'mon. That is the crap I am talking about, Amare has been putting in work every since 2002 and people say he doesn't deserve franchise player money, but yet Rondo avg 19 9 and 9 for two playoff series and you are tagging him the franchise guy! Ray Allen didn't play defense until he was 50!!

HiphopRelated
06-07-2009, 07:55 PM

where do people get this stuff?

dolfan720
06-07-2009, 08:10 PM
the suns would be amazing

J_M_B
06-07-2009, 08:21 PM

I know right?

b_rad23
06-07-2009, 11:28 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking.

The media really paints Beasley as a terrible teammate to the common ignoran fan.

It doesn't make sense at all, especially with such a nice and hard working kid.

king4day
06-08-2009, 12:28 AM
I thought this thread got closed? It was denied by both sides last week

CELTICS4LYFE
06-09-2009, 08:29 AM
Yea, the future of your franchise Avg 8 assts and 11 pts a game and 4rebs. I know he had a good playoofs against the Bulls, but do what you did in the playoffs all next season and then in the playoffs Again, then we will rap about franchise player stuff. Dude shoots 60% from the FT line??? C'mon. That is the crap I am talking about, Amare has been putting in work every since 2002 and people say he doesn't deserve franchise player money, but yet Rondo avg 19 9 and 9 for two playoff series and you are tagging him the franchise guy! Ray Allen didn't play defense until he was 50!!

you realize he has 3 hof's on the team right? lol a pg job is to RUN THE OFFENSE!!! which he does better than anyone! he's a tru pg, j kidd type, could kidd shoot when he was young no lol