PDA

View Full Version : Glavine feels he's ready

NBA_Starter
06-03-2009, 02:43 PM
http://www.rototimes.com/mlb/player.php?tqid=493&type=news&nid=136298

Thoughts?

Mixed emotions for me. I'd like for Medlen to get at least his next start in the rotation to see how he does, the kid may get on a roll.

phillipwmarsh
06-03-2009, 03:08 PM
i agree he is just getting used to being in the majors now. save glavine and that 1 million bonus he is owed once he makes the roster

AustinTheGreat
06-03-2009, 03:17 PM
6 man rotation?? Use KK for long relief and starting?

jmtapia
06-03-2009, 03:24 PM
6 man rotation?? Use KK for long relief and starting?

KK has been a beast as a starter....no reason to move him... Sure he had a slow start in April but his May/June numbers have been up there with any of our Big 3.

MAY/JUNE 6 G 36.2 IP 37 H 13 ERA and a 3.23 ERA

KK deserves to be in our rotation and by no means in the bullpen...

Joe Smoe
06-03-2009, 03:39 PM
I am torn on this one. I am almost thinking Glavine to pen, as I too would like to see Medlin can build on his last success. Glavine has done his rehab, not sure how much longer they can keep him down in the minors before he feels snubbed for all his hard work.

lavell12
06-03-2009, 03:47 PM
As far as I'm concerned their both blocking Hanson who is better than both. My fear is that Glavine will suck and the Braves will dely calling up Hanson for way too long b/c they will either keep Glavine or call up Medlen instead of Hanson.

BravoFan3736
06-03-2009, 04:41 PM
As far as I'm concerned their both blocking Hanson who is better than both. My fear is that Glavine will suck and the Braves will dely calling up Hanson for way too long b/c they will either keep Glavine or call up Medlen instead of Hanson.

FW has committed to Glavine if he is healthy and has pitch effectively in rehab. We could never predict from what we saw last year that we would have really no major injuries or ineffective pitchers in the rotation at this point of the season. One, Medlen will get the next start because he is trade bait and is being show cased for a bat. As for Hanson, he can wait on a injury in the rotation or glavine/medlen being ineffective either way this does NOT hurt Hanson in his developement in the long run for acouple extra months in AAA which delays his service time/Arb time anyways.

I know Braves fans are impatient and want Hanson to be called up but you can't just say FU Glavine sorry HOF/Braves ICON after we committed to him and now say we have a young cheaper guy which is PROJECTED to be an ACE but don't know if he can be better than a #5 starter as a rookie right now and you need to take your 300 wins and go home. That not going to happen and I would as a Fan give Glavine his opportunity since he has put in the time and effort to make one last run before he hangs up the spikes for good. Regardless glavine will get his one last shot to go out a pitch before he retires a braves. Everything else can wait till glavine can't pitch effectively as #5 SP.

atl_braves_fan
06-03-2009, 06:04 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/06/braves-release-tom-glavine.html

Have to say I didn't see that one coming. Are they just clearing some salary room for a trade? His $1MM could be useful.

GLASSMAN
06-03-2009, 06:48 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/06/braves-release-tom-glavine.html

Have to say I didn't see that one coming. Are they just clearing some salary room for a trade? His $1MM could be useful.

Seems like a sure bet. Two advantages, money for the bat and room for the rookie pitcher(s).

NBA_Starter
06-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Well I guess he is ready to pitch somewhere else!:(