PDA

View Full Version : David Stern Mad at Lebron?

dandman1021
06-03-2009, 02:17 PM
LeBron James' snub of the media and the Orlando Magic hasn't gone unnoticed by commissioner David Stern.

James stormed out of Orlando's Amway Arena without speaking to the media Saturday night after the Cavs were eliminated with a 103-90 loss to the Magic in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals.

When asked Tuesday why James hasn't been punished for violating the NBA's media policy, Stern said on ESPN Radio, "I'm in the process of making a phone call or two now to talk to LeBron ... so I don't want to speak to that at this moment."

Stern added that he wasn't too happy with James regarding the incident.

Previously, other players have been fined for not talking to reporters. Also, an NBA spokesman said on an ESPN radio station Monday that James wouldn't be fined.

On why he didn't congratulate the Magic after Game 6, James said Sunday, "It's hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them. I'm a winner. It's not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm a competitor. That's what I do. It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand."

I think Stern is using some tough love on Lebron..but who knows

superkegger
06-03-2009, 02:18 PM
yes, just what we needed. More LeBron coverage.

ManRam
06-03-2009, 02:23 PM
People act like they are sick of LeBron coverage...yet 90% of this forum can't resist talking about him....

Hmmm....

dandman1021
06-03-2009, 02:23 PM
yes, just what we needed. More LeBron coverage.

sorry...just had to do it lol....at least its somewhat negative towards him

LAKERMANIA
06-03-2009, 02:25 PM
People act like they are sick of LeBron coverage...yet 90% of this forum can't resist talking about him....

Hmmm....

Now you know how we (Laker fans) feel

theuuord
06-03-2009, 02:32 PM
stop this madness.

superkegger
06-03-2009, 02:33 PM

Hmmm....

I don't mind talking about him, but there are places for it. Creating endless new threads about it is unnecessary.

theuuord
06-03-2009, 02:34 PM
nine of the topics on the first page (ten if you count the elite level debate) are about LeBron, or LeBron's team, or LeBron's image, or something else LeBron.

This is the NBA forum. Not the LeBron forum. (And IMO LeBron is the best player in the NBA!)

Jmac4104
06-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Kobe gets his share of the spot light as well

ManRam
06-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Now you know how we (Laker fans) feel

Yet you're here talking about it...contributing to the madness ;)

Don't lie, you love LeBron talk :p

superkegger
06-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Yet you're here talking about it...contributing to the madness ;)

Don't lie, you love LeBron talk :p

Of course we do. Talking about Bron inevitably leads to a Kobe v LeBron debate. Something Lakers fans love. Hell even I can't stay away from it at times, even though I've pretty much seen every single argument there is on each sides.

All I'm saying is there is a way to do it, and a way not to. Endlessly new threads about it, is annoying at best. I've suggested it, before, but there needs to be a LeBron thread like there uses to be a Kobe thread.

It's a topic that is not going to die. He's a great player, a huge media figure, and he's only 24. It's not going to stop. Quaranting it to one place though would be a good idea, in my opinion anyway.

torontosports10
06-03-2009, 02:51 PM
The last bit pisses me off.

"It's hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them. I'm a winner. It's not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm a competitor. That's what I do. It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand."

Show some class and shake hands with the better team. I seen the Hawks and Pistons say congrats to him, but he cant do that. Its part of the game. Look at the handshakes in hockey. You went to war, you lost, but in the end its still a game.

Also saying hes not a loser after he just lost a series doesnt make since? Your team lost and they won so yes your team lost meaning you were a loser in that series.

ManRam
06-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Of course we do. Talking about Bron inevitably leads to a Kobe v LeBron debate. Something Lakers fans love. Hell even I can't stay away from it at times, even though I've pretty much seen every single argument there is on each sides.

All I'm saying is there is a way to do it, and a way not to. Endlessly new threads about it, is annoying at best. I've suggested it, before, but there needs to be a LeBron thread like there uses to be a Kobe thread.

It's a topic that is not going to die. He's a great player, a huge media figure, and he's only 24. It's not going to stop. Quaranting it to one place though would be a good idea, in my opinion anyway.

No. I totally agree. I just think it's funny how in all these threads someone will say something like "Yay! More LeBron talk...:rolleyes:", then post 4 more times in that same thread.

It should be quarantined. Maybe a LeBron thread for this tumultuous time in his career would be a great idea.

Randy West
06-03-2009, 02:53 PM
I did not like shaking the winning teams hand either

basketball, football or baseball.......you just did it anyway.

In high school we were not getting millions upon millions of dollars or the face of the league either so I don't know.

The guy is allowed to be a poor sport if he wants to be.......unless of course he is contractually obligated to do something different.

Missing56&33
06-03-2009, 02:54 PM
that had to be the worst statement in NBA history :) But if you dont like your team it shows.

ink
06-03-2009, 03:17 PM

Hmmm....

Exactly.

BE PART OF THE HYPE!

GOSSIP ABOUT LEBRON!!

superkegger
06-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Exactly.

BE PART OF THE HYPE!

GOSSIP ABOUT LEBRON!!

Yeah, but wouldn't it be a good idea to confine it to one or a few threads? Instead on 9.....

ink
06-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Yeah, but wouldn't it be a good idea to confine it to one or a few threads? Instead on 9.....

To be honest it doesn't merit being in the forum at all. The threads all become sickening to read.

And we tried that with the Kobe hate threads a few years ago. It failed. The threads just got longer and longer and there were more and more bans and infractions because people argued. When we closed them it was a big improvement.

Hopefully, like the KG and Rondo hate, it will be flavor of the month and it'll die down. In the meantime we'll keep closing the threads. They are not good enough to be on this site. They don't constitute real news, and they don't offer any meaningful insight into the sport.

superkegger
06-03-2009, 03:28 PM
To be honest it doesn't merit being in the forum at all. The threads all become sickening to read.

But they're not going to stop. They're just going to keep coming. We used to have a Kobe thread back in the day, and it seemed to work to an extent, allowed for all Kobe discussion there, and kept the rest of the forum pretty clean of it, for the most part. Why not bring that back in The LeBron Thread form?

ink
06-03-2009, 03:30 PM
But they're not going to stop. They're just going to keep coming. We used to have a Kobe thread back in the day, and it seemed to work to an extent, allowed for all Kobe discussion there, and kept the rest of the forum pretty clean of it, for the most part. Why not bring that back in The LeBron Thread form?

From above ...

And we tried that with the Kobe hate threads a few years ago. It failed. The threads just got longer and longer and there were more and more bans and infractions because people argued. When we closed them it was a big improvement.

Hopefully, like the KG and Rondo hate, it will be flavor of the month and it'll die down. In the meantime we'll keep closing the threads. They are not good enough to be on this site. They don't constitute real news, and they don't offer any meaningful insight into the sport.

It boggles the mind how NBA fans are oblivious to the fact that they're being played by the media with all this gossip.