PDA

View Full Version : Best Player to be 2nd option to Lebron or Wade

JordansBulls
06-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Who would be the best player to be the 2nd option to Lebron or Wade that would work really well with them and no doubt who the main guy is?

Here are a list of guys:

Brandon Roy
Chris Bosh
Amare Stoudemire
Kevin Durant

Mo Williams:D
Jermaine O'neal:D

OTHER

theuuord
06-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Pau Gasol.

AllTheWay
06-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Bosh to both.

what54!?
06-02-2009, 11:33 PM
bosh for both.He and wade would be our new zo and timmy (except zo was tougher than bosh)

ARMIN12NBA
06-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Pau Gasol.

BEST player? :eyebrow:

I would say Tim Duncan or Kevin Garnett.

theuuord
06-02-2009, 11:45 PM
BEST player? :eyebrow:

I would say Tim Duncan or Kevin Garnett.

Well if we're going with BEST player, hell, Chris Paul or Kobe Bryant.

I don't think Duncan will defer to being a clear-cut second option until he's not good enough to be a first one anyway.
Garnett is a better case, but I'd still take Gasol.

ARMIN12NBA
06-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Well if we're going with BEST player, hell, Chris Paul or Kobe Bryant.

I don't think Duncan will defer to being a clear-cut second option until he's not good enough to be a first one anyway.
Garnett is a better case, but I'd still take Gasol.

Best player with the best fit. Duncan can easily defer and Garnett would be a monster. Remember, Gasol has huge defensive liabilities and both Lebron and Wade aren't great man defenders. With Garnett and Duncan behind them, they will be able to roam more defensively.

Jonathan2323
06-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Danny Granger or Dwight Howard.

JordansBulls
06-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Danny Granger or Dwight Howard.

Danny Granger that is who I forgot about.

Also I don't think a top 5 player in the league is going to be the 2nd option especially if they are a center.

theuuord
06-02-2009, 11:52 PM

Also I don't think a top 5 player in the league is going to be the 2nd option especially if they are a center.

That's how I feel about Duncan, too. (Top 6 in his case.)

theuuord
06-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Best player with the best fit. Duncan can easily defer and Garnett would be a monster. Remember, Gasol has huge defensive liabilities and both Lebron and Wade aren't great man defenders. With Garnett and Duncan behind them, they will be able to roam more defensively.

You can't just say Duncan would easily defer. He never has before. Just because he's quiet doesn't mean he's not aware of how good he is.

Garnett is a defensive monster with an ankle injury on the wrong side of 1,000 games. He's great. He'd be great as a second option. I'd just rather have Gasol, who's the best second option in the league already.

VCaintdead17
06-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Mike Dunlevy

He was the Pacers second option this year and look how far into the playoffs we got.....

oh wait

DQL
06-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Michael Beasley

superkegger
06-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Dwight Howard

J$mo0th_3o5
06-03-2009, 12:08 AM
Michael Beasley

:nod: Soon to be.

SeoulBeatz
06-03-2009, 12:17 AM
seeing as how Iguodala is a poor mans Lebron, i say why not?

imagine the dunk fest.

b_rad23
06-03-2009, 12:27 AM
Joel Anthony.

or

Dirk Nowitski (I think he and Wade would be amazing)

29$JerZ
06-03-2009, 12:28 AM
LeBron + Manu Ginobli (when healthy)
Wade + Amar'e Stoudemire

Master Mind
06-03-2009, 12:29 AM
Which tandem is better--

Lebron and Bosh or Wade and Amare

dee279
06-03-2009, 12:37 AM
You can't just say Duncan would easily defer. He never has before. Just because he's quiet doesn't mean he's not aware of how good he is.

Garnett is a defensive monster with an ankle injury on the wrong side of 1,000 games. He's great. He'd be great as a second option. I'd just rather have Gasol, who's the best second option in the league already.

uhh Gasol is not the best anything. Too me he aint even the best player outside of the USA. Maybe the best from Spain but i could be wrong there too. I would say Either Paul Pierce or Kg right now is the best second option depending on who is the first option.

marlinsfan24
06-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Which tandem is better--

Wade and Amare.

dee279
06-03-2009, 12:41 AM

Well Dwight Howard already does not get that many shots a game so he might would. With D Wade he would actually get even more shots just because of how he drives to the lane. Also he is good at throwing lob passes so it would be an improved CP3 to chandler.

theuuord
06-03-2009, 12:41 AM
uhh Gasol is not the best anything. Too me he aint even the best player outside of the USA. Maybe the best from Spain but i could be wrong there too. I would say Either Paul Pierce or Kg right now is the best second option depending on who is the first option.

God, people don't appreciate how good Pau Gasol is. It's so weird, because he's in a huge market, plays his role perfectly, and absolutely dominates on the offensive end.
It's like a recipe for a lovefest. And yet...

dee279
06-03-2009, 12:42 AM
:nod: Soon to be.

Dont jinx it.

dee279
06-03-2009, 12:50 AM
Wade and Amare.

I agree. Amare to me is better then Bosh. Wade and Lebron is about what and what. Skills wise i would say D Wade is better. Lebron is just a juggarnaut though. Hes built like a tank, and as fast as a jet. Thats a combination of strait domination. Wade at 6ft4 215 he has to work a little harder then Lebron does but Wades killer mentalilty makes him so good. Lebron has it but hes not no D Wade.

b_rad23
06-03-2009, 12:52 AM
God, people don't appreciate how good Pau Gasol is. It's so weird, because he's in a huge market, plays his role perfectly, and absolutely dominates on the offensive end.

Star foreigners are always underrated by most.

Manu and Dirk have been underrated for a while now.

MPScribbles
06-03-2009, 01:07 AM

How can you say that both Pierce and KG are the best second option when you don't even know in which order to put them?

AccUrSeD
06-03-2009, 01:09 AM
Dirk is the best foreigner in the league.

Dirk > Pau

ecos797
06-03-2009, 01:14 AM
dirk nowitzki best foreigner and best 2nd option to both lebron and wade

b_rad23
06-03-2009, 01:14 AM
How can you say that both Pierce and KG are the best second option when you don't even know in which order to put them?

Simple, one of them is the best 1st option, the other is the best 2nd option, and Ray Allen is the best 3rd option.

iluvsports2much
06-03-2009, 01:57 AM
i disagree with dwight howard bein a great second option...he needs to be the first option,he slows down an offense cuz of how much he has the ball on the post,that would take A LOT of time away from bron and wade which need the ball in their hands at all times cuz they are both great passers and incredible scorers...i also think a PG wouldnt be a good second option to either these guys cuz that would also take the ball outta their hands...both wade and lebron wouldnt be so great if they werent so good fascilitating the ball...they both need the ball in their hands for their teams to succeed...so i think a spot up shooter would be a great 2nd option for either player... i think the best player would be dirk,hes a great shooter and has good hands for a big man,however i would DEFINATELY take KG in his prime,maybe even rite now...cuz that is a PERFECT fit for either IMO...great shooter with game changing defense...

akesh99
06-03-2009, 02:38 AM
I agree. Amare to me is better then Bosh. Wade and Lebron is about what and what. Skills wise i would say D Wade is better. Lebron is just a juggarnaut though. Hes built like a tank, and as fast as a jet. Thats a combination of strait domination. Wade at 6ft4 215 he has to work a little harder then Lebron does but Wades killer mentalilty makes him so good. Lebron has it but hes not no D Wade.

I really don't think Amare is better than Bosh. Bosh has the range offensively and has the edge in terms of defence and rebounding. Not to mention Bosh is a MUCH better leader and teammate as well as an all round classy player. They are very comparible but Bosh definitely takes this one I think.

GREATNESS ONE
06-03-2009, 02:54 AM
First of all Lebron and Wade's Game are different to me so different players would fill with them better than the other..

Another thing why does it have to be 2nd Option why cant it just be 2 stars 2 1st options like Shaq and Kobe.

Lebron- Dirk,Gasol,Bosh,Garnett,CP3,Ginobili,Parker

Wade- Duncan,Amare,Garnett,Bosh,Howard

etc etc I can probably name more butn just dont feel like it anymore.

I think Both are Championship pieces and you gotta add Championship pieces together too win the Title.

dee279
06-03-2009, 03:30 AM
i disagree with dwight howard bein a great second option...he needs to be the first option,he slows down an offense cuz of how much he has the ball on the post,that would take A LOT of time away from bron and wade which need the ball in their hands at all times cuz they are both great passers and incredible scorers...i also think a PG wouldnt be a good second option to either these guys cuz that would also take the ball outta their hands...both wade and lebron wouldnt be so great if they werent so good fascilitating the ball...they both need the ball in their hands for their teams to succeed...so i think a spot up shooter would be a great 2nd option for either player... i think the best player would be dirk,hes a great shooter and has good hands for a big man,however i would DEFINATELY take KG in his prime,maybe even rite now...cuz that is a PERFECT fit for either IMO...great shooter with game changing defense...

U dont understand the game of B Ball do you? How u going to have Kobe as your sig pic and not know how he played with Shaq. Kobe plays with the ball in his hand also. He played with shaq who gets the ball in his hand in the post. Kobe and Shaq won 3 titles together. Went to the finals 5 or 6 times i think. They both can not be first options. One of them was a 2nd option. Maybe it was Kobe at the time, maybe it was shaq. BUt again Dwight howard would make Wade even better then he is. Dwight wouldnt allow Wade to get triple teamed. If u double team wade u can pass it down to Dwight. Cant double team to people at the same time unless the otha team wants an automatic 3 in there face. Dwight would open up so many lanes for Wade and Wade would get Dwight so many open dunks

Becks2307
06-03-2009, 06:53 AM
not so sure about wade

but after watching this last series Lebron would need a lights out shooter. Lebron and Ray Allen would be sick. Allen would average like 28 ppg

azkarraga
06-03-2009, 07:34 AM
Which tandem is better--

wade and amare. i dont think bosh is up there yet.

Trouble87
06-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Lebron & Amare

Wade & Danny Granger

samus
06-03-2009, 08:35 AM
iverson lol

danny granger for sure

and even dwight howard - if he still gets a lot of touches im sure he'd like to be 2nd option - not too much of a leader to be honest - more hedo does the stuff on orlando

JordansBulls
06-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Granger with Wade and Roy with Lebron

Ewagner
06-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Tim Duncan is the best foreign player in the league. The best foreign player not to go to college is yao ming when healthy.

I believe someone mentioned Lebron and Wade are two different players. If I am building a team around Lebron I would build it similiar to Celtics have around paul pierce. So I would say bosh, a three point shooting SG, a pass first point guard, and a physical rebounding center.

As for wade I would build the team similar to the Jordan Bulls. a lot of length at each position. With wade you don’t need a true point guard. Wade does need another superstar on the perimeter. Wade also needs a big physical frontcourt at both the center and power forward position.

In a vacuum these are the players I would build around each within reason

Team Lebron:

PG Jose Calderon
SG Kevin Martin
SF Lebron
PF Anthony Randolph
C Chris Kaman

Team Wade:

PG Joe Johnson
SG Wade
SF Tracy McGrady
PF DJ White
C Joel Pryzbilla

dos132
06-03-2009, 11:12 AM
kobe and amare.....

HoosierDaddy
06-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Granger would be the number 1 option

ugottabjoshinme
06-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Tim Duncan is the best foreign player in the league. The best foreign player not to go to college is yao ming when healthy.

I believe someone mentioned Lebron and Wade are two different players. If I am building a team around Lebron I would build it similiar to Celtics have around paul pierce. So I would say bosh, a three point shooting SG, a pass first point guard, and a physical rebounding center.

As for wade I would build the team similar to the Jordan Bulls. a lot of length at each position. With wade you donít need a true point guard. Wade does need another superstar on the perimeter. Wade also needs a big physical frontcourt at both the center and power forward position.

In a vacuum these are the players I would build around each within reason

Team Lebron:

PG Jose Calderon
SG Kevin Martin
SF Lebron
PF Anthony Randolph
C Chris Kaman

Team Wade:

PG Joe Johnson
SG Wade
SF Tracy McGrady
PF DJ White
C Joel Pryzbilla

That team wade is awful

mavwar53
06-03-2009, 11:43 AM
this is the dumbest thread of all time.

marlinsfan24
06-03-2009, 11:43 AM
The best foreign player actually is Tony Parker..

PG-Nelson
SG-Wade
SF-Pietrus
PF-Beasley
C-Zaza

Ewagner
06-03-2009, 11:46 AM
That team wade is awful

it tough to build around a player who always needs the ball, and is undersized.

NYYankeesWin#27
06-03-2009, 12:09 PM
howard

AIverson
06-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Wade:

He'd be better off with a collection of talent than with another star IMO. As for another star, I would go ahead and say Amare. those two would have a sick pick & roll.

Lebron:

I'd rather his other star be a back court player rather than a big. That way he can be the finisher and not the ball handler all the freakin time. I'd go Iverson with the Cavs' roster.

sp1derm00
06-03-2009, 12:31 PM

I am pretty sure Wade is not considered undersized when you consider how strong he is and his leaping ability.

lakerboy
06-03-2009, 12:34 PM
There are lot of names out there of course. But we should all be talking about players who are actually on the trading block.

Why not go after Elton Brand, Chris Kaman, Andrew Bogut or other available big men?

b_rad23
06-03-2009, 12:50 PM
I am pretty sure Wade is not considered undersized when you consider how strong he is and his leaping ability.

Yeah, that was pretty ridiculous. I like to compare him to 'Zo, who at 6'10" would be considered to be undersized nowadays. They both are/were probably the strongest players at their position and probably the best leapers.

There are lot of names out there of course. But we should all be talking about players who are actually on the trading block.

Why not go after Elton Brand, Chris Kaman, Andrew Bogut or other available big men?

Kaman and Bogut would be nice, but Riley is going all in for 2010. Brand would be redundant as we already have two starting calibur, undersized PFs on the roster.

nashehbazi
06-03-2009, 12:50 PM
This is the best answer anybody could give and if u really think about it youll know im right

*Arenas to Lebron*

kbrill21
06-03-2009, 01:03 PM
a Younger Shaq for LeBron, and a Boozer for Wade.

GREATNESS ONE
06-03-2009, 02:23 PM
a Younger Shaq for LeBron, and a Boozer for Wade.

haha why wouldnt you just give them both a younger Shaq.

JordansBulls
06-03-2009, 02:28 PM

Does Elton Brand really help teams out?

ARMIN12NBA
06-03-2009, 02:54 PM

Maybe it's the defensive end... :shrug:

JaySmoke
06-03-2009, 02:58 PM
dirk the jerk for wade
chris paul for LeBroom

MAC10TIZZY
06-03-2009, 03:11 PM
the only player that can help lebron, is lebron:smoking:

dodie53
06-03-2009, 08:14 PM
nash

SwaggaIke
06-03-2009, 08:17 PM

Switch ankle to knee and you have Tim Duncan.

theuuord
06-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Switch ankle to knee and you have Tim Duncan.

you're right.

SwaggaIke
06-03-2009, 08:20 PM

People kill me w/ that term. What is undersized? Why does the length from someones feet to head matter? Wade doesn't shoot, rebound or block shots w/ his head. Wade has a SICK wingspan, some of the biggest guard hands in the league and his vertical isn't slouchy either.

theuuord
06-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Maybe it's the defensive end... :shrug:

He can lie down and take a nap for 24 seconds on the defensive end for all I care if he's as efficient as he was this year.

He's decent on the defensive end - not great, not good, but decent. He's an absolute monster on the offensive end without demanding the ball. Exactly what you want in a second option.

SwaggaIke
06-03-2009, 08:36 PM
He can lie down and take a nap for 24 seconds on the defensive end for all I care if he's as efficient as he was this year.

He's decent on the defensive end - not great, not good, but decent. He's an absolute monster on the offensive end without demanding the ball. Exactly what you want in a second option.

I think Gasol is a pretty underrated defender. He gets picked on so much that people forget he's playing out of position all the time. I blame Bynum. He reminds me of Jermaine O'Neal NOW...no lift or explosion whatsoever and you can still smell the similac on his breath. Anyway, Gasol doesn't use his body as well as he could, but he uses his wingspan to the best of his ability to block and affect shots. The Laker team as a whole has a problem w/ effort, but Gasol's defense is serviceable.

barbjake
06-03-2009, 09:17 PM
The best foreign player actually is Tony Parker..

PG-Nelson
SG-Wade
SF-Pietrus
PF-Beasley
C-Zaza

this team is hardly even better than what the Heat have right now.

and the best foreign player is Ricky Rubio.:clap:

MPScribbles
06-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Simple, one of them is the best 1st option, the other is the best 2nd option, and Ray Allen is the best 3rd option.

Pretty sure that is not what he was saying. To list any of these three players as the best 1st option in basketball is a losing argument to make.