PDA

View Full Version : Where's AI gonna end up...

BK-TY
06-02-2009, 03:03 PM
...and who thinks he'd fit in their team's system?

IRUAM #21
06-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Lol !!!!!!

superkegger
06-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Who knows where he'll end up. It all depends on what he wants to get paid, and how much he wants to play for a contender.

bahama0811
06-02-2009, 03:12 PM
I think he just needs to go back to Philly and end his career where it started. I don't think he'd have a great chance of winning a title there but I'm not sure that there's really many contenders who'd actually want him. And he definitely didn't fit here in Denver.

Dmunk08
06-02-2009, 03:21 PM
how about the HAWKS joe johnson needs a player to score with....sometimes we go without scoring for many minutes....he could get the ball in atlanta and go crazy like he used too....with good complimentary playrs around him like josh,al horford,marvin....and flip,bibby.

superkegger
06-02-2009, 03:24 PM
how about the HAWKS joe johnson needs a player to score with....sometimes we go without scoring for many minutes....he could get the ball in atlanta and go crazy like he used too....with good complimentary playrs around him like josh,al horford,marvin....and flip,bibby.

The last thing the Hawks need is another guy to run Iso's for. They already don't know how run an offense if it isn't on the fast break, adding AI will only make that worse.

Lakerfrk
06-02-2009, 03:26 PM
The Hawks are going to need a pass first PG, cause I bet Bibby will leave.. Felton is probably a good fit for them..

Honestly, I think AI will end up with a contender like the Lakers or the Celtics..

I don't think he will end up with Cleveland, and definately not Orlando.. but I think he will be sacrificing now.. so we will see...

the BEST place for him I think is Charlotte, to re-unite with Larry Brown, and be the first option of a team with great second/third options in Wallace, Diaw, Bell, Okafor, Radmanovic, and May..

JDizzle
06-02-2009, 03:28 PM
AI will end up on his couch at home watching the nba 2009-2010 season next year. he wants to be a star of a team still and those days have past the answer

kobeonekenobe
06-02-2009, 03:32 PM
i agree he would fit best on a team where he could still be the 1st option on offence and feel wanted again. He wouldnt be any good as a role player on a contender. He has to be the teams main man.

Charlotte would be the best fit, then any of new york, toronto, sacramento, houston

LayZbone
06-02-2009, 03:35 PM
I'd say Charlotte or Philly.

Unruly Fan
06-02-2009, 03:44 PM
The Cavs????

JakeDelbreezy
06-02-2009, 03:48 PM
The Hawks are going to need a pass first PG, cause I bet Bibby will leave.. Felton is probably a good fit for them..

Honestly, I think AI will end up with a contender like the Lakers or the Celtics..

I don't think he will end up with Cleveland, and definately not Orlando.. but I think he will be sacrificing now.. so we will see...

the BEST place for him I think is Charlotte, to re-unite with Larry Brown, and be the first option of a team with great second/third options in Wallace, Diaw, Bell, Okafor, Radmanovic, and May..

Based on reports it's almost a definite Felton is going to stay with Charlotte.

Most of us in the Carolinas have no interest in having AI in Charlotte. He would definitely not be the first option. Felton and Diaw are both play makers who handle the ball the most, if you have AI hogging the ball they can't do their thing. AI plays no defense, which is becoming Charlotte's calling card. If we moved Bell to the bench for AI then our backcourt would be extremely small, and if we put AI at the point, well then he'd take 50 shots and the team would get worse instead of better.

AI wanted out of Philly b/c of the losing enviornment. Philly proceeds to make the playoffs 2 years in a row after he leaves. Denver is a marginal playoff team with AI, once traded they're in the Western Conference Finals. Last year the Pistons won 59 games w/o AI. This year they win 39 with AI. I think it's pretty obvious what AI does, he makes teams worse.

mikantsass
06-02-2009, 03:55 PM
I think we all agree he plays better on the ball than off the ball.... So who needs a PG? Atlanta's Bibby is a free agent so that could be a possible destination. It would benefit AI to go to a contender and come off the bench but he is too proud to take that role so i see him going to a team that is a bottom feeder in the east. Bobcats to reunite with Brown????

mikantsass
06-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Based on reports it's almost a definite Felton is going to stay with Charlotte.

Most of us in the Carolinas have no interest in having AI in Charlotte. He would definitely not be the first option. Felton and Diaw are both play makers who handle the ball the most, if you have AI hogging the ball they can't do their thing. AI plays no defense, which is becoming Charlotte's calling card. If we moved Bell to the bench for AI then our backcourt would be extremely small, and if we put AI at the point, well then he'd take 50 shots and the team would get worse instead of better.

AI wanted out of Philly b/c of the losing enviornment. Philly proceeds to make the playoffs 2 years in a row after he leaves. Denver is a marginal playoff team with AI, once traded they're in the Western Conference Finals. Last year the Pistons won 59 games w/o AI. This year they win 39 with AI. I think it's pretty obvious what AI does, he makes teams worse.

On an unrelated note, I think the Bobcats are going to have a breakout season this year. I like how they played at the end of last year. They have a lot of youth, athleticism, and energy. If they can mix a little chemistry into that formula then they are on to something.

midwestmadman
06-02-2009, 04:18 PM
On an unrelated note, I think the Bobcats are going to have a breakout season this year. I like how they played at the end of last year. They have a lot of youth, athleticism, and energy. If they can mix a little chemistry into that formula then they are on to something.

I highly agree with that comment, I was actually routing for them to make the 8th spot and knock out my team the Pistons. After that pathetic year we had, I just wanted it to be over and hopefully Joe D would consider ridding us of Curry at the sametime, but no such luck :mad:

lakersrock
06-02-2009, 04:20 PM
He would be great off the bench in LA, but he won't do that.

Farmar/Brown
Kobe/AI
Ariza/Kobe
Gasol/Odom
Bynum/Gasol

That's a heck of a second unit, but I don't think he'd do it.

tcm746
06-02-2009, 04:45 PM
I say he will up in chicago with ben gordon, The bulls will change there name to the chicago gunners...and they would play the season with two basketballs..

smith&wesson
06-02-2009, 04:48 PM
AI should finish career with phili,
andre miller
allen iverson
andre igudalla
etlton brand
samual dalembert

under eddie jordon and the new coaching staff that would be a great team.
if they learn how to utilize elton brand and make ivey the main scoring option... that team will exel in the east.

dumbbaseballfan
06-02-2009, 04:58 PM
california penal league

cubsbullsbears
06-02-2009, 06:40 PM
IMO these are his top 5 destinations:

1. Bobcats- Need a go to scorer and Larry Brown is the coach, who btw went to the finals with A.I in 2001

2. Knicks- i know, theyre all in for 2010, but why not take a gamble for just one season and see where A.I can take them, its not like theyll do anything anyway

3. 76ers- philly is where a.i is destined to be as everyone knows, the only problem is whether the sixers would be able to hand the torch back to him, it was just 8 years ago he had them in the finals

4. Warriors- they have fans hungry for winning and ever since they lost baron they havent had that go to scorer, could a.i be the answer?

5. Cavs- i personally think this isnt one of the better fits, but as we saw lebron needs help scoring in the playoffs, and adding the guy with the second highest postseason scoring average in league history wouldnt hurt.

bringbackfredex
06-02-2009, 07:02 PM
3. 76ers- philly is where a.i is destined to be as everyone knows, the only problem is whether the sixers would be able to hand the torch back to him, it was just 8 years ago he had them in the finals

Just 8, is that all? :rolleyes:

IversonIsKrazy
06-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Bobcats.

PG: Felton/DJ
SG: AI/Bell
SF: G-Force/Vlad
PF: Diaw/Nazr
C: Emeka/Diop

Rockets, considering T-Mac is injured the entire next season.

PG: AI/Brooks
SG: Artest/Wafer
SF: Battier/Barry
PF: Scola/?
C: Yao/Hayes

PHILLY

PG: AI/Lou
SG: Iggy/Green
SF: Thad/Ivey
PF: Brand/Speights
C: Dalembert/Evans

Cali4rnia
06-02-2009, 07:24 PM
WNBA, Candice Parker is not playing this season

ManRam
06-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Wherever he can start...that's all he cares about.

smith&wesson
06-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Bobcats.

PG: Felton/DJ
SG: AI/Bell
SF: G-Force/Vlad
PF: Diaw/Nazr
C: Emeka/Diop

Rockets, considering T-Mac is injured the entire next season.

PG: AI/Brooks
SG: Artest/Wafer
SF: Battier/Barry
PF: Scola/?
C: Yao/Hayes

PHILLY

PG: AI/Lou
SG: Iggy/Green
SF: Thad/Ivey
PF: Brand/Speights
C: Dalembert/Evans

what happend to andre miller ?

avsman05
06-02-2009, 08:04 PM
New York, Charlotte or Retired.

Missing56&33
06-02-2009, 08:12 PM
I wouldn't mind having him in NY for the veterans minimumor maybe a little more. Hes still AI

avsman05
06-02-2009, 08:24 PM
I wouldn't mind having him in NY for the veterans minimumor maybe a little more. Hes still AI

he would fit in well with D'Antoni's run and gun system as well.

dodie53
06-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Ai should join a contender

Cromedome
06-03-2009, 07:55 AM
A.I is going to Boston....and yes I said it here first!

AIverson
06-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Cavs.

I'd rather him retire than go to the Lakers.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-03-2009, 10:17 AM
A.I is going to Boston....and yes I said it here first!

Starbury and The Answer off the bench :speechless::speechless::speechless:

How many basketballs do we get?

I actually could see him on the Celtics under the same conditions of Marbury, but id give it a 1% chance he comes here with Marbury still here.

I cant lie tho, THAT WOULD BE EFFEN SICKKKKKKK

The Truth, Ray Ray, Big Ticket, Starbury, The Answer on 1 team. basketball dream.

ktuck911
06-03-2009, 10:53 AM
I think he just needs to go back to Philly and end his career where it started. I don't think he'd have a great chance of winning a title there but I'm not sure that there's really many contenders who'd actually want him. And he definitely didn't fit here in Denver.

I was thinking the same thing... the Big Philly fan that I am... when he left he didn't seem to fit in anywhere else... PLUS, Philly needs another scorer... BADLY... AI can still break defenders down and make things happen offensively... Something sorely missed... only problem now though is can he play in the new Princeton run system that Coach Jordan will implement...

ktuck911
06-03-2009, 11:02 AM
IMO these are his top 5 destinations:

1. Bobcats- Need a go to scorer and Larry Brown is the coach, who btw went to the finals with A.I in 2001.

NOT likely... They didn't get along... after the 2001 season their relationship soured completely....

2. Knicks- i know, theyre all in for 2010, but why not take a gamble for just one season and see where A.I can take them, its not like theyll do anything anyway.

Worth the risk... They have my favorite player in the league (Nasty Nate Robinson), but not enough in the backcourt to be a threat to anyone at the moment... AI's veteran skills might help out... a worthy risk, only if he decides on a minimal contract...

3. 76ers- philly is where a.i is destined to be as everyone knows, the only problem is whether the sixers would be able to hand the torch back to him, it was just 8 years ago he had them in the finals.

The Sixers are my favorite team... He'd be a welcomed addition I'm sure, but only question is can he adjust to the new Princeton system that will be implemented. And, will he come to "practice"... on time...

4. Warriors- they have fans hungry for winning and ever since they lost baron they havent had that go to scorer, could a.i be the answer?

Couldn't hurt... He might revive his career on that squad... who knows?

5. Cavs- i personally think this isnt one of the better fits, but as we saw lebron needs help scoring in the playoffs, and adding the guy with the second highest postseason scoring average in league history wouldnt hurt.

You might be on to something here... Mo Williams disappeared in the crunch time situations in the Magic series... A I might've made a bit of a difference.

jrosborn
06-03-2009, 11:03 AM
The Cavs are in the hunt for A.I. this off season. This is what they need to finally make that leap to champion status. If we use the 13 odd million from releasing Wally Szczerbiak and his expiring contract, Joe Smith, and potentially Anderson Varejeo, we can use that 20 plus million dollars to sign A.I. to a one year deal with roughly 5-10 million dollars. With the other half, the Cavs can sign the big man they greatly need.. maybe Shaq or Tyson Chandler. Someone who can guard a more athletic power forward or center.

With A.I.'s tremendous scoring ability, he can fill that void that M-Will and Delonte failed to fill. With Mo and A.I. in the backcourt to start the game, you can bring Delonte off the bench with 10-15 ppg. Something the Cavs lacked greatly in the playoff series against Orlando.

Also with A.I., we can play 1 or the 2 so when LBJ takes his rest break in the beginning of the 2nd and maybe in the end of the 3rd, A.I., Mo-Will, and Delonte can all be interchangeable at PG and SG. I know this doesn't solve the height problem that the Cavs faced against Orlando and teams with taller guards or athletic-enough fowards that can play the guard position, but it gives them scoring when needed and another combination to use when LBJ sits.

dos132
06-03-2009, 11:06 AM
AI should go home and retire his jersey...

Spencesc11
06-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Iverson should go to the Knicks, Warriors, or Suns. He needs an uptempo offense to fit in. New York on a 1 year deal makes sense and if it works out he could stay and possibly play with Lebron.

BkOriginalOne
06-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Bobcats if he wants to start.
Or come off the bench for a contender (spurs, celtics, Orlando, Houston)

grizzly21
06-03-2009, 11:40 AM
My money's on either Betty Ford or Burger King.

bostncelts34
06-03-2009, 11:45 AM
I would love A.I. to be the six man off the bench in boston. He would be able to help ray play alot less minutes, as well as rondo. We cannot burn out starters out like we did this year with no bench.

The thing about him coming to boston is...

1. Hes not gonna get along of money, even though Wyc Grousbeck already said he will spend over the luxury tax amount, if the player is worth it.

2. He doesnt want that 6th man role..didnt he make that pretty clear in detroit? or was it just the system?

3. Speaking of the system, boston plays a pretty balanced offensive attack, A.I would have to change his game up alot, unless hes playing with the 2nd unit completely, there he could be the same ol'e A.I.

I think he will be in Philly, IMO.

masalex1205
06-03-2009, 12:25 PM
what happend to andre miller ?

free agency, rumor is that he wants to go to miami

Iverson is not going to Charlotte, ignorance!

nygiants242
06-03-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm hoping he retires

lakerboy
06-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Bobcats or maybe Rockets. He'd be perfect for the Rockets IMO. He's a good team defensive player, and he brings scoring, which Houston really needs.

He'll also be ok in NY, Dallas, Cleveland, and if he accepts bench roles, I won't mind him going to LA.

IversonIsKrazy
06-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Cavs along w/ Sheed :D

PG: Mo-Will
SG: AI
SF: LeBron
PF: Varejo
C: Sheed

AIverson
06-04-2009, 03:55 AM
Cavs along w/ Sheed :D

PG: Mo-Will
SG: AI
SF: LeBron
PF: Varejo
C: Sheed

I like the way you think. :p

Rocco007
06-04-2009, 04:52 AM
Jkidd and AI BC in Dall?

Kidd>>>K-Mart
06-04-2009, 06:47 AM
Celtics, they always sign the vet

icon1914
06-04-2009, 07:46 AM
I hope he does not go to the Cavs.... AI needs the ball a lot to be effective. The offense is already waiting around to see what Lebron is going to do, I can't see them doing that even more with AI and being effective.

People seem to forget this is the same AI that got traded to a conference finals team the year before, but with him they struggled to make the playoffs and got swept in the first round. He is losing his step. He also has a problem fitting into a system where is not the number one option.

Cleveland needs to go after Kidd and a legitimate big man. One of the problems was down the clutch they relied to heavily on Lebron making the play... a Kidd can get the ball out of his hands and set him, or other teammates, up for points.

AI would end up being a cancer to that team... kinda like Barkley when he went to the Rockets. It looks good on paper, but it probably would not end well.

I think a team like Memphis, OKC, or the Knicks will snatch him up. Teams with nothing to lose by taking a chance on him. Sell more tickets, maybe get more wins.

Kakaroach
06-04-2009, 08:10 AM
Iverson should go to the Knicks, Warriors, or Suns. He needs an uptempo offense to fit in. New York on a 1 year deal makes sense and if it works out he could stay and possibly play with Lebron. I like that idea but I think he wants to win now. He will prolly go to a contender.