PDA

View Full Version : Let's say the Heat would have gotten Rose and Bulls have gotten Beasley......

ProdigyI
06-02-2009, 12:06 AM
Let's say Heat would have gotten first pick and Bulls second pick. Heat choose Rose, Bulls pick Beasley.

Where would have these teams finished this year?

Miami

Rose
Wade
Marion
Haslem
Magloire

Chicago

Hinrich
Gordon
Deng
Beasley
Noah

Bulls I say would have gotten the 8th or 7th seed because I think Beasley would have been getting 35+ minutes a game. VDN knows how to play his rookies:) I still think Spoelstra's an idiot for not giving him the minutes.

Heat I say would have gotten the 4th seed and advanced to the 2nd round.

NBA_Starter
06-02-2009, 12:08 AM
The Bulls probably would not have made the playoffs for sure.

IRUAM #21
06-02-2009, 12:12 AM
Heat 5-7 seed, Bulls 7th or 8th, I wonder how that backcourt duo of Wade & Rose would have done. Also Beasley would have been the #1 guy on the Bulls, probably winning the ROY.

BigEric
06-02-2009, 12:23 AM
The Bulls probably would not have made the playoffs for sure.

This sounds funny to me. It's like a double negative.

lakers4sho
06-02-2009, 12:32 AM
Having two guards that thrive with the ball in their hands would be counterproductive.

IversonIsKrazy
06-02-2009, 01:18 AM
Heat would get 4th seed and pass the first round. Bulls wouldn't make the playoffs, or be 8th seed.

theuuord
06-02-2009, 02:07 AM
Probably about the same.

marlinsfan24
06-02-2009, 02:09 AM
I don't see much of a difference for either team

AIverson
06-02-2009, 02:16 AM
Err

Wade and Rose isn't something I would bet on working. I see Wade as a scoring PG, not SG.

ProdigyI
06-02-2009, 02:20 AM
I think the D-Rose and D-Wade combo would be something special. Maybe for the Bulls in 2010.....

J$mo0th_3o5
06-02-2009, 02:36 AM
I think the D-Rose and D-Wade combo would be something special. Maybe for the Bulls in 2010.....

Keep on dreaming.

GarlicStench
06-02-2009, 02:41 AM
Lets say the Bulls didn't move up in the draft.... They would have the 5th pick in the draft this year. Who would they take. See! what if posts are stupid huh?

abe_froman
06-02-2009, 02:43 AM
both make the playoffs

bulls have a solid line up,though heat might make it to the second round

dee279
06-02-2009, 02:57 AM

LOL you wish

dee279
06-02-2009, 02:59 AM
I like what we have now.

ProdigyI
06-02-2009, 03:01 AM
LOL you wish

Bulls have enough max money due to expiring contracts by 2010 so it's up to management whether we want him or not....so we're not wishing, ya heat homer:p

SwaggaIke
06-02-2009, 03:21 AM
Bulls have enough max money due to expiring contracts by 2010 so it's up to management whether we want him or not....so we're not wishing, ya heat homer:p

Is it up to management whether HE wants YOU or not as well?

ProdigyI
06-02-2009, 03:26 AM
Is it up to management whether HE wants YOU or not as well?

Well Wade is, um, from Chicago and most of his family lives there so.....

dee279
06-02-2009, 03:43 AM

Yeah u said it right SOOOOOOOOO???? He already had a chance to go to CHI TOWN but didnt and he resigned with the HEAT. Their negotiating a new contract with wade already. So yeah Wade and Heat will stay hand in hand u d wade wisher lol

TopsyTurvy
06-02-2009, 03:54 AM
Since this hyperbole comes up often, I'm guessing there is are some envious fans out there?

If not envious, perhaps a bit jaded?

HiphopRelated
06-02-2009, 08:02 AM
means nothing...

On topic, about the same, Beasley = Roy, Rose = 13/5 next to Wade

People seem to forget the same Bulls core won 48/49 games 2 years ago.

Hinrich/Gordon/Deng all had down years.

Kakaroach
06-02-2009, 08:08 AM
Heat the 4th Seed. Bulls the 8th seed.

12loser12
06-02-2009, 08:23 AM
means nothing...

On topic, about the same, Beasley = Roy, Rose = 13/5 next to Wade

People seem to forget the same Bulls core won 48/49 games 2 years ago.

Hinrich/Gordon/Deng all had down years.

That's true but that core also sucked a bit last year, and also Hinrich and Deng missed a significant amount of time this year. I'm not sure with those 2 out that the bulls make the playoffs with Beasley. I like beasley and all, I'm just not sure lindsey hunter or larry hughes is a PG to lead you to the playoffs.

GiantMetKnick
06-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Wade and Rose is certainly a talented backcourt, but its tough to know how well they would work together because Wade has never had another scoring guard on his team. I think they could make it work fairly well but not dominate.

Beasley on the Bulls? Eh. I could see it working but they wouldn't really need him to score.

kozzer
06-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Honestly, I don't think much would have changed for the Heat - except I think their chances of advancing to the 2nd round would have been better (simply because Wade wouldn't have to have the ball so much and could focus more on scoring and defense).

For the Bulls, I don't really see them making the playoffs. Rose, toward the latter part of the season, got the offense flowing nicely. He's the one that made Noah and Gordon look so good, by being able to penetrate most defenses and having the vision to find the open player. Beasley would have been effective (and given heavy minutes assuming Deng still got injured) but not enough to overcome the Bulls' slow start to the season to get into playoff contention.

marlinsfan24
06-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Beasley would have been effective (and given heavy minutes assuming Deng still got injured) but not enough to overcome the Bulls' slow start to the season to get into playoff contention.

Not a guarantee you guys would start the season slow. And Beasley has the best April of all rookies.

kozzer
06-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Not a guarantee you guys would start the season slow. And Beasley has the best April of all rookies.I don't think that the Bulls drafting Beasley would have prevented the slow start simply because Deng would have gotten the heavy minutes ahead of Beasley. And while Beasley really showed that he's a legit NBA star late in the season, he's the kind of player that feeds off of the perimeter, and with Hinrich out those 30 games who would have gotten the ball to him? Contrast that with Rose, finding the open man, and occasionally taking over 4th quarters to get wins. The PG doesn't need anyone else to get him the ball, because he's the one bringing it up.

marlinsfan24
06-02-2009, 10:23 AM
I don't think that the Bulls drafting Beasley would have prevented the slow start simply because Deng would have gotten the heavy minutes ahead of Beasley. And while Beasley really showed that he's a legit NBA star late in the season, he's the kind of player that feeds off of the perimeter, and with Hinrich out those 30 games who would have gotten the ball to him? Contrast that with Rose, finding the open man, and occasionally taking over 4th quarters to get wins. The PG doesn't need anyone else to get him the ball, because he's the one bringing it up.

Beasley could have gotten time at PF or SF. Imagine him and Deng on the court at the same time. You never know for sure if Hinrich would have gotten hurt. It's just a weird "what if" situation that doesn't matter as both teams are extremely happy with what they got.

kozzer
06-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Beasley could have gotten time at PF or SF. Imagine him and Deng on the court at the same time. You never know for sure if Hinrich would have gotten hurt. It's just a weird "what if" situation that doesn't matter as both teams are extremely happy with what they got.Well, sure, obviously we don't know if Hinrich still would have gotten hurt. But I took the thread topic to imply "all other things being equal, how would things have gone if the Bulls got Beasley and the Heat got Rose"? And remember, the Bulls were/are developing Tyrus Thomas at the 4 and have their starter at the 3 in Deng. Beasley would have gotten minutes, for sure, but it would probably been similar to how things went in Miami: starting the season getting few minutes, and then having them increase as the season went on.

But you still need someone to be the floor leader and run the offense. If you'll remember the Bulls from the past few years, they've got lots of nice role players, but nobody to fill the "team/floor leader" void. Derrick didn't fill that void right away, either, but by the end of the season he was the unquestioned leader of the team. Even jealous teammates (such as Ben Gordon) understood this by the time the playoffs started.

marlinsfan24
06-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Well, sure, obviously we don't know if Hinrich still would have gotten hurt. But I took the thread topic to imply "all other things being equal, how would things have gone if the Bulls got Beasley and the Heat got Rose"? And remember, the Bulls were/are developing Tyrus Thomas at the 4 and have their starter at the 3 in Deng. Beasley would have gotten minutes, for sure, but it would probably been similar to how things went in Miami: starting the season getting few minutes, and then having them increase as the season went on.

But you still need someone to be the floor leader and run the offense. If you'll remember the Bulls from the past few years, they've got lots of nice role players, but nobody to fill the "team/floor leader" void. Derrick didn't fill that void right away, either, but by the end of the season he was the unquestioned leader of the team. Even jealous teammates (such as Ben Gordon) understood this by the time the playoffs started.

Very true. Rose was a good fit in Chicago, who'd know if that would work out in Miami as Rose and Wade both need to bring the ball down for them to be successful.

kozzer
06-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Very true. Rose was a good fit in Chicago, who'd know if that would work out in Miami as Rose and Wade both need to bring the ball down for them to be successful.I tell ya, though, it sure would have been SWEET if the Bulls could have gotten both of them!

BTW - your avatar rules!

marlinsfan24
06-02-2009, 10:55 AM
I tell ya, though, it sure would have been SWEET if the Bulls could have gotten both of them!

BTW - your avatar rules!

Thanks. Huge Beatles and John Lennon fan lol

f19ure
06-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Err

Wade and Rose isn't something I would bet on working. I see Wade as a scoring PG, not SG.

I agree whole heartedly, Wade doesn't need a point guard (he's stated that himself). He can play the point, the man has great court sense. What he needs is great shooters all-around (he needs to get better at shooting from 3-pt range himself). And a decent low post threat, They don't need an absolute beast down low, just somebody consistent (I mean this is the Heat team that won the championship with Shaq averaging 13 points a game in the finals).

mrblisterdundee
06-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Miami would have still lost to the Magic because of its non-existent front court.

superkegger
06-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Long term, I don't think it would be the best for the Heat. Sure Rose and Wade would soon become the best backcourt in the NBA, and it would allow Wade to play off the ball more, allowing him to not expend as much energy perhaps keeping him fresher in the long run. But I think in a year's time, we'll see Beasley emerge as an all star forward, giving the Heat an inside outside approach that really allows you to be more successful than just a dominant backcourt approach with no real frontcourt.

king4day
06-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Bulls wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs. They also don't make the trade for Miller.

Heat probably go to round 2 before bowing out to the big 3 of the east.

violetuniverse
06-02-2009, 11:54 PM
beasley is awsome. i would have purchased a bulls jersey is they had drafted him. rose is good fine but i still like beasley

IAlakerfan
06-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Heat should have taken O.J. Mayo, him and Wade woulda been sick!

Jason Bourne
06-03-2009, 06:42 PM
It reminds me of 1996 when Philly got Iverson and Toronto got Camby.

I think Rose is a future All-Star while Beasley will be a solid starter.

DQL
06-04-2009, 01:57 AM
Errr. I think Beasley would have averaged 20-8 and won ROY while Rose averaged about 14- 5 in Miami. I think it's Haslem's existence that buried Beasley on the bench bc he is Riley's favorite. I hope Haslem will be traded for Camby this off-season