PDA

View Full Version : Seeding in East/West Next Year will be critical Again, The Top Seed (#1 Seed) .....

JordansBulls
06-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Seeding in East/West Next Year will be critical Again, The Top Seed (#1 Seed) will be Extremely Vital.

I know this is early since the Finals haven't even started, but just wanted to make this comment regarding the Eastern Conference and Western Conference for next year.

The Top Seed will be extremely Vital Especially in the East next year, but also in the West.

EASTERN
Right now you will have Cleveland, Boston and Orlando as the top 3 teams if we based things on how it appears right now with every team being healthy.

Whomever ends up the #2 seed will have to end up beating 2 of the teams above, whereas the team with the #1 seed will have to only beat one of the teams above.

So let's say Boston ended up with the #1 seed next year. That means either Orlando will be #2 and Cleveland #3 or Cleveland #2 and Orlando #3. They would meet in round 2 and then more likely have to play Boston in the conference finals.

WESTERN
In the West, the seeding will be vital as well as far as getting the top seed, however there is more of a probability that the #4 or #5 seed out West can upset the #1 seed than it is for the #4 or #5 seed in the East to upset the #1 seed.

The East seems to be able to look eerie similar next year whereas the West is harder to judge with the free agents and the situation on star player opting out and perhaps even being traded on good teams.

NOTE: This barring no one gets upset or no significant changes happen this offseason to eastern teams.

cmstophe
06-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Wow, a little early bro.

Can't just assume Boston is #1 seed either with their best players a year older and one coming off a huge injury. The West is a little different. We'll see what happens.

superkegger
06-01-2009, 04:31 PM
I agree with you to a point, but seeding is always important. Earlier this year, I was like, mand, whoever ends up #1 will go to the finals in the East, cause you only have to play one of Boston or Orlando. But I think in the long run, playing Boston helped Orlando, not hurt them.

I really do think there is something to this whole "being tested" idea. I think it played a role for the Lakers last year, I think it played a role for the Cavs this year. Just breezing through the first couple rounds, and not facing competition can hurt you. Especially if some of your biggest role players don't already have that championship experience, which the Lakers didn't last year, and several of the key guys for the Cavs don't this year.

So while I think having HCA matters, what matters most is being able to face adversity when it comes your way, and when you don't face it all year, like the Cavs of this year ,and the Lakers of last year didn't, or not until their last playoff series that eliminated them, it's going to make facing adversity that much tougher for you, and I think Orlando and LA are proof of that this year.

cmstophe
06-01-2009, 05:27 PM
That's not why Orlando beat Cleveland. They beat Cleveland because they play a style of ball that is difficult to defend (impossible, with Cleveland's personnel) for traditionally designed teams. Anyone who thinks Orlando won because they got tested in the 2nd round is kidding themselves.

superkegger
06-01-2009, 05:30 PM
That's not why Orlando beat Cleveland. They beat Cleveland because they play a style of ball that is difficult to defend (impossible, with Cleveland's personnel) for traditionally designed teams. Anyone who thinks Orlando won because they got tested in the 2nd round is kidding themselves.

Didn't say that's why they won. I said it played a part. Reading comprehension FTW.

Chronz
06-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Cleveland spent all year preparing to beat Boston, no one had thought Orlando would become the new powerhouse. Cleveland wouldve stood a better chance at taking on a KG's Celtics than the Magic. I think we can expect teams to build their teams to beat Orlando from here on out. Antawn Jamison for Ben Wallace should go down if WAS isnt contending.

ragee
06-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Way too early dude... Could you at least maybe wait for a couple of games in the finals before you make an offseason thread?

fishfan79
06-01-2009, 06:22 PM
problem is right now we dont know what will happen. What will change after all? How about if the bulls get amare? Or the heat get bosh? That changes the game totally for next year. Either way the east is looking more and more like the power house side of the game these days.

BALLER R
06-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Take Boston off that list..they might end up being the 2009 piston in 2010..age is starting to show unless they made some trades in the offseason i dont see them being a top 3 team in the east

ragee
06-01-2009, 06:23 PM

True... But that second round victory especially the game 7 win helped them a lot... It gave them the same confidence that they can go all the way that the Cavs were getting from the media...

JordansBulls
06-01-2009, 08:58 PM

They won because Mo Williams opened his mouth and Cleveland couldn't hold 20+ point leads at home.

rapswin98
06-01-2009, 09:03 PM
They won because Mo Williams opened his mouth and Cleveland couldn't hold 20+ point leads at home.they won cause they are the better team

ragee
06-01-2009, 09:33 PM
they won cause they are the better team

:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod: :nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

JordansBulls
06-18-2009, 02:47 PM
With no significant changes this offseason and everyone is healthy, who do you feel will get that top seed? Will it be Cleveland again?

rapswin98
06-18-2009, 03:32 PM
With no significant changes this offseason and everyone is healthy, who do you feel will get that top seed? Will it be Cleveland again?L.A. and Boston(without injuries to key players) or L.A. and Magic(with turk-a-glue).

KeithLBC
06-18-2009, 03:42 PM
With no significant changes this offseason and everyone is healthy, who do you feel will get that top seed? Will it be Cleveland again?

LA vs Boston

sp1derm00
06-18-2009, 04:00 PM
I think it's gonna be LA and Cleveland.

Cleveland will improve their personell, you can already tell by the way the offseason kicked off with multiple rumors involving the Cavs.

JordansBulls
06-25-2009, 01:10 AM
This will be the difference between Cleveland having to play Orlando in round 2 and then Boston or just one of them in the ECF.

Mile High Champ
06-25-2009, 01:23 AM
Too early to start these threads..

JordansBulls
06-26-2009, 08:11 AM

It's not predicting who will be the top seed, it is saying how important it will be.

dee279
06-26-2009, 08:38 AM

Y is it too early? All you doing is saying who u think will be best and shiid like dat. Even during the season, u really dont know for sure who the first seed will be but dats why we say who we think.

MoJay
06-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Wait until free agents are done signing and such then it is time

IndiansFan337
06-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Seeding in East/West Next Year will be critical Again, The Top Seed (#1 Seed) will be Extremely Vital.

I know this is early since the Finals haven't even started, but just wanted to make this comment regarding the Eastern Conference and Western Conference for next year.

The Top Seed will be extremely Vital Especially in the East next year, but also in the West.

EASTERN
Right now you will have Cleveland, Boston and Orlando as the top 3 teams if we based things on how it appears right now with every team being healthy.

Whomever ends up the #2 seed will have to end up beating 2 of the teams above, whereas the team with the #1 seed will have to only beat one of the teams above.

So let's say Boston ended up with the #1 seed next year. That means either Orlando will be #2 and Cleveland #3 or Cleveland #2 and Orlando #3. They would meet in round 2 and then more likely have to play Boston in the conference finals.

WESTERN
In the West, the seeding will be vital as well as far as getting the top seed, however there is more of a probability that the #4 or #5 seed out West can upset the #1 seed than it is for the #4 or #5 seed in the East to upset the #1 seed.

The East seems to be able to look eerie similar next year whereas the West is harder to judge with the free agents and the situation on star player opting out and perhaps even being traded on good teams.

NOTE: This barring no one gets upset or no significant changes happen this offseason to eastern teams.

It might not mean as much as we thought.....Orlando beat Boston & Cleveland in round 2 & 3 this season, even without HCA. They were the #3 seed.

JordansBulls
06-28-2009, 09:19 AM
It might not mean as much as we thought.....Orlando beat Boston & Cleveland in round 2 & 3 this season, even without HCA. They were the #3 seed.

True, however how often often do teams eventually win it all without HCA?

Wait until free agents are done signing and such then it is time

Once again it is not saying who will be the top seed.

JordansBulls
07-03-2009, 01:37 PM
I think every elite team knows this as well that is why each team is trying to get more and more pieces so that they end up with the best record.

Tommyh1331
07-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Magic don't need turk to get back to the finals, they need a power forward, they have all the other pieces! Everybody is so quick to throw boston in the finals, maybe two years ago but now you have to answer to orlando and cleveland!

JordansBulls
07-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Magic don't need turk to get back to the finals, they need a power forward, they have all the other pieces! Everybody is so quick to throw boston in the finals, maybe two years ago but now you have to answer to orlando and cleveland!

So they should go after Mcdyess

JordansBulls
07-06-2009, 08:15 AM
These teams are postioning themselves to get the top seed in the conference. No one wants to start off on the road this year.

Fans in Asia
07-06-2009, 08:48 AM
I think Seeding is always important, no matter in which year...is it not? ;)

ttam68
07-06-2009, 09:03 AM
JB you're really pushing to keep this one alive

JordansBulls
07-06-2009, 12:58 PM
I think Seeding is always important, no matter in which year...is it not? ;)

To me it always has been.

;)

JordansBulls
07-08-2009, 08:25 AM
JB you're really pushing to keep this one alive

;)

IndiansFan337
07-08-2009, 09:04 AM
They won because Mo Williams opened his mouth and Cleveland couldn't hold 20+ point leads at home.
No, they won because of their mismatches. They played tremendous, and after being the top defensive team in the NBA all season long the Cavs simply could not match up with them defensively.

Y is it too early? All you doing is saying who u think will be best and shiid like dat. Even during the season, u really dont know for sure who the first seed will be but dats why we say who we think.
It's too early, because injuries will strike. It is inevitable.

Pre-season last year everyone had Boston as the top seed. Then KG went down. That changed everything. Nobody picked Cleveland as the preseason top seed last year. Most everyone had SAS as the 2 seed out West, but then Ginobili re-injured his ankle & Duncan got banged up (knee, I believe).

Plenty can change between now & then. I don't think seedings need to be discussed seriously until at least New Year's Day.

Mile High Champ
07-08-2009, 09:06 AM
its still too early for this...

JordansBulls
07-08-2009, 10:23 AM
No, they won because of their mismatches. They played tremendous, and after being the top defensive team in the NBA all season long the Cavs simply could not match up with them defensively.

It's too early, because injuries will strike. It is inevitable.

Pre-season last year everyone had Boston as the top seed. Then KG went down. That changed everything. Nobody picked Cleveland as the preseason top seed last year. Most everyone had SAS as the 2 seed out West, but then Ginobili re-injured his ankle & Duncan got banged up (knee, I believe).

Plenty can change between now & then. I don't think seedings need to be discussed seriously until at least New Year's Day.

Cleveland was up big in every home game. Also Orlando was playing with one of the worst backcourts you could ever have for a team.