PDA

View Full Version : T-Mac Value

RelaxedFan
06-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Do any teams think T-Mac has any value left?

His relationship in Houston is not "sunshine and rainbows" and I wouldn't hold my breath on a trade, but it could happen.

Does he fit for any teams in the NBA? Help them out? Help King James over the hump? Any gas in the tank?

Not a trade idea, just want the leagues thoughts. Fill free to move if needed or close if this topic was discussed to much before

Westbrook36
06-01-2009, 04:17 PM
I actually think that T-Mac has a good amount left in him for a few more seasons. He probally wont be 20/5/5 right away but he will still be productive and I think he will really show up to play next year in a contract year to get one last payday.

Not really sure the Rockets would want to move him since he is expiring and they likely wouldnt get too great of parts back..

kingkobe
06-01-2009, 04:29 PM
I actually think that T-Mac has a good amount left in him for a few more seasons. He probally wont be 20/5/5 right away but he will still be productive and I think he will really show up to play next year in a contract year to get one last payday.

Not really sure the Rockets would want to move him since he is expiring and they likely wouldnt get too great of parts back..

Actually I think that is why they have a chance of getting rid of him because they can get good parts from a team who is looking to dump salaries so that they can get that guy who is supposed to be the "King".

Ni55anpat
06-01-2009, 04:29 PM
I'd trade Deng a future pick for him

Westbrook36
06-01-2009, 04:32 PM
I'd trade Deng a future pick for him

I think every single Rocket fan would take that deal, I know Deng is getting paid alot but I think on the Rockets he would be a very key part to the team and wouldnt have to worry about anything. Hes been hurt as of late but I think he can return to his old form (2 years ago?).

JordansBulls
Bulls would trade Luol Deng and Brad Miller for him. We need the cap space for 2010. Bulls need to use at least 2 big salaries to match T-mac's salary for next season.

superkegger
I think his bigges value now is his expiring contract. Either what it will fetch on the trade market for the Rockets, or what it will mean in salary cap relief for them after this season.

KiLLA RAiDER
06-01-2009, 04:34 PM
He's done. He has been hurt for like the last 4 years now. His team got out of the 1st round without him.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2009, 04:57 PM
I can see him still putting good numbers.

Not star numbers but good numbers. 12+ point and at least 4 rebound and assist.

He can be signed as a role player in 2010.

5-7 mil should be fair.

abe_froman
06-01-2009, 04:59 PM
he has value but not much anymore

Raps18-19 Champ
06-01-2009, 05:02 PM
I wanted a T-Mac for O'neal trade but we got Marion so I'm alright.

I'd trade Kapono, Banks, Humpries, Douby, O'Bryant and Ukic for T-mac, Lowry and money.

Sign Parker, Marion, Rasho, Delfino, Mensa-Bonsuh and draft Clark

C-Bargnani, Rasho
PF-Bosh, PMB, Jawai
SF-Marion, Clark
SG-Mcgrady, Delfino, Parker
PG-Calderon, Lowry

Kyben36
06-01-2009, 05:07 PM
his contract is more valueable than he is

SeoulBeatz
06-01-2009, 05:09 PM
i think he will be back next year and average 20-5-4 somewhere.

call me optimistic but just one year ago he lead his team to a 20+ game winning streak and he and kobe had a couple interesting showdowns.

i wouldnt be surprised if he came back and thrived.

IversonIsKrazy
06-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Anthony Parker, Jason Kapono, Kris Humphries, Quincy Douby, Patrick O'Bryant, Marcus Banks and 2nd Rounder for Tracy McGrady.

Then re-sign Delfino, Pops, Marion and draft Gerald Henderson.
Then lastly sign Chris Wilcox.

PG: Jose/Roko
SG: T-Mac/Henderson
SF: Marion/Delfino
PF: CB4/Wilcox
C: Bargs/Pops

That would be a sick team.

Kakaroach
06-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Not much value as a player, but as an expiring contract. Some teams like the Bulls or Knicks might go after him.

Chateamsfan
06-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Anthony Parker, Jason Kapono, Kris Humphries, Quincy Douby, Patrick O'Bryant, Marcus Banks and 2nd Rounder for Tracy McGrady.

Too bad we'll draft Henderson huh.

tcm746
06-01-2009, 08:23 PM
his contract will most likely get brought out...and he will end up in chicago

MrBloop
06-02-2009, 04:49 AM
T Mac's Value = A stale bagel and 1 piece of churches chicken (thigh)

Phillyfan15
06-02-2009, 06:56 AM
ill trade sammy dalembert and a second for him, u dump tmac we dump sammy d

Bulls_fan90
06-02-2009, 06:58 AM
T Mac's Value = A stale bagel and 1 piece of churches chicken (thigh)

Your overvaluing him.

Faneik
06-02-2009, 07:30 AM
I wanted a T-Mac for O'neal trade but we got Marion so I'm alright.

I'd trade Kapono, Banks, Humpries, Douby, O'Bryant and Ukic for T-mac, Lowry and money.

Sign Parker, Marion, Rasho, Delfino, Mensa-Bonsuh and draft Clark

C-Bargnani, Rasho
PF-Bosh, PMB, Jawai
SF-Marion, Clark
SG-Mcgrady, Delfino, Parker
PG-Calderon, Lowry

Who would play defense in those teams?:speechless:

pippsux
06-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Expiring contract.

marlinsfan24
06-02-2009, 11:16 AM
O'Neal for T-Mac

Ballah0liC1
06-02-2009, 01:28 PM
He's done. He has been hurt for like the last 4 years now. His team got out of the 1st round without him.

this is the **** that kills me look at the rockets team this year and the years before from top to bottom this year is the best by far a perfect example is winning games without tmac and yao.

Raps18-19 Champ
06-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Who would play defense in those teams?:speechless:

Marion and everyone else does run and gun.

mikantsass
06-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Well as far as a rent-a-player goes, i can see him on the Knicks, Nets, Kings, and Heat. If he wants a ring, he should go to the Celts, Spurs, Magic or Lakers and be the first man off the bench.

Seventh King
06-02-2009, 04:11 PM

Why in Chicago? Or, did you just pick the name out of the air? The guy has some value, but I don't want him on my team.

Verbal Christ
06-02-2009, 05:42 PM
the tmac 25 MIL expiring is of great value to those teams that actually think they have a shot at the sexy free agents of next summer, add to that the current state of some teams losing a boatload of money and darryl morey could get back some great players. im not keen on mac by any means but to negate the value of the contract alone is not very smart. the rockets could very well just sit on that contract themselves and put their name in the hat for the services of one of those 'stars' next year.

abe_froman
06-02-2009, 05:52 PM

naw,we dont want him..i dont think