PDA

View Full Version : Lebron: "It's hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them"

Pages : [1] 2

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 08:37 PM
"It's hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them," he said. "I'm a winner. It's not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm a competitor. That's what I do. It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand.

Thoughts?

Personally, I think Lebron was being a poor sport THIS time. He is basically contradicting his past acts because I have seen him shake hands of the opposing squads before (Spurs, Celtics, etc.). This time, the stakes were higher and more was on the line and he exhibited bad sportsmanship.

Now, I have a problem with that...But not as much as a problem I have with him trying to justify his wrongdoing. He doesn't own up to the situation. Lebron has actually always done this (ie speeding over 100 MPH and saying it wasn't a big deal; he'd do it again).

IMO, Lebron should have said he made a mistake and that he should have congratulated them. Instead, he basically makes a huge slap in the face to the fundamentals of teaching kids sports. One of the most important rules of sportsmanship is to be grateful that you are playing the game and to be grateful that you get to play against worthy or unworthy opponents. Whether you win or lose, it is important to be grateful for the oppurtunity to even play and have fun. By shaking hands with your opponents, that is a huge symbolic gesture IMO. Lebron just basically trashed that.

Anyways, what are your thoughts?

m26555
05-31-2009, 08:40 PM
His statement is comical. There is a HUGE difference between losing an NBA playoff series and someone "beating you up."

It was a classless move. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 08:46 PM
His statement is comical. There is a HUGE difference between losing an NBA playoff series and someone "beating you up."

It was a classless move. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

I don't understand why it was OK to congratulate teams before (Lebron use to do it), but not anymore.

theuuord
05-31-2009, 08:47 PM
The title of this thread is misleading. He didn't say that people in general shouldn't, he made a statement about himself.

And I completely understand where he's coming from.

Vinny642
05-31-2009, 08:48 PM
his statement is comical. There is a huge difference between losing an nba playoff series and someone "beating you up."

it was a classless move. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

+1

m26555
05-31-2009, 08:49 PM
I don't understand why it was OK to congratulate teams before (Lebron use to do it), but not anymore.
Because he's "The King."

I love how everyone says how good he is for the game because of his "image," yet he can't even shake his opponents' hands after a playoff series.

LeBron is classless; I've been saying this for a long time now. The way he was dancing and celebrating after beating Boston in a meaningless game in which the Celtics were missing their best player at the end of the season solidified that for me. What he did last night just put the icing on the cake.

superkegger
05-31-2009, 08:50 PM
The title of this thread is misleading. He didn't say that people in general shouldn't, he made a statement about himself.

Agreed. I never liked shaking hands with people who just beat us in highschool. Didn't get the point.

You don't have to shake hands with somebody you just beat or who just beat you do show good sportsmanship. Last place I ever wanted to be after a loss was in a line to shake hands. It meant nothing. It's worthless.

lakers4sho

If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them.

I think that's why.

what54!?
thats BS. I'm a winner so I shouldn't. What have you won yet lebron. If he won I could see his point but he hasn't won anything

Blah Blah Blah
05-31-2009, 08:51 PM

When ATL and DET lost they went out and congratulated Lebron and the CAVS. According to what he said they shouldn't have even done that. If it was the other way around, I'm pretty sure he would be wondering why in the hell ORL didn't shake hands with him or whatnot. He doesn't make any sense in validating his points. And people give Kobe all the crap.

Hawkeye15
05-31-2009, 08:51 PM
could care less. He should be upset. I wouldn't shake their hands either. Losing should drive you insane. Nothing less

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 08:52 PM

I don't. I've lost to two of my good friends in championship games. One in soccer and the other in ping-pong. Both times we shared a a high five and a hug. I was pissed, but I congratulated them and we still reminisce about it today.

It's a horrible example to set for kids and is a contradiction of what sports is all about IMO.

BTW--How do you explain the fact that LBJ use to congratulate people and not anymore?

m26555
05-31-2009, 08:53 PM
Agreed. I never liked shaking hands with people who just beat us in highschool. Didn't get the point.

You don't have to shake hands with somebody you just beat or who just beat you do show good sportsmanship. Last place I ever wanted to be after a loss was in a line to shake hands. It meant nothing. It's worthless.
I didn't like it either, but I still did it like a mature player should.

montazingmvp
05-31-2009, 08:54 PM
Thoughts?

Personally, I think Lebron was being a poor sport THIS time. He is basically contradicting his past acts because I have seen him shake hands of the opposing squads before (Spurs, Celtics, etc.). This time, the stakes were higher and more was on the line and he exhibited bad sportsmanship.

Now, I have a problem with that...But not as much as a problem I have with him trying to justify his wrongdoing. He doesn't own up to the situation. Lebron has actually always done this (ie speeding over 100 MPH and saying it wasn't a big deal; he'd do it again).

IMO, Lebron should have said he made a mistake and that he should have congratulated them. Instead, he basically makes a huge slap in the face to the fundamentals of teaching kids sports. One of the most important rules of sportsmanship is to be grateful that you are playing the game and to be grateful that you get to play against worthy or unworthy opponents. Whether you win or lose, it is important to be grateful for the oppurtunity to even play and have fun. By shaking hands with your opponents, that is a huge symbolic gesture IMO. Lebron just basically trashed that.

"i'm a winner"..

winners tend to have championship rings on their fingers bron bron

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 08:55 PM
could care less. He should be upset. I wouldn't shake their hands either. Losing should drive you insane. Nothing less

Lebron use to shake peoples hands. Michael shook peoples hands. Losing can drive you insane, but it doesn't mean you can't give a good shake to a good friend (Howard).

Funny thing is, Kobe would get crucified if he pulled this kind of act. The funnier thing is, is that despite the fact that Kobe is a killer on the court, he always takes the time to give a hug to his opponents after the games. Much respect.

m26555
05-31-2009, 08:55 PM
"i'm a winner"..

winners tend to have championship rings on their fingers bron bron
:laugh:

Love it.

JordansBulls
05-31-2009, 08:56 PM
If he feels that way then why even talk at a press conference when he wins. He should just avoid all contact win or lose.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
05-31-2009, 08:57 PM

agreed

m26555
Lebron use to shake peoples hands. Michael shook peoples hands. Losing can drive you insane, but it doesn't mean you can't give a good shake to a good friend (Howard).

Funny thing is, Kobe would get crucified if he pulled this kind of act. The funnier thing is, is that despite the fact that Kobe is a killer on the court, he always takes the time to give a hug to his opponents after the games. Much respect.
As would most, if not ALL, other stars. For some reason, James ALWAYS gets a free pass. It's sickening.

LAKERMANIA
I think the comparison between winning a basketball game and beating someone up is totally stupid. Boxers and fighters congratulate each other after the fight. It is a sport, in sports it is supposed to show sportsmanship to show that you appreciate that the other players did give their all. Beating someone up you do it (probably) because you hate the guy..

Dumb comparison

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 08:58 PM

Lebron:

If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them.

Yes he did.

Kenny
05-31-2009, 08:58 PM
this is going to go nowhere.. the people that didnt like lebron still wont like the guy, the people that do like the guy will continue to root for him..

Blah Blah Blah
05-31-2009, 08:59 PM
For example look at what Kobe did when Boston won the championship. He went to the middle of their celebration to congratulate them.

m26555
05-31-2009, 08:59 PM
I think the comparison between winning a basketball game and beating someone up is totally stupid. Boxers and fighters congratulate each other after the fight. It is a sport, in sports it is supposed to show sportsmanship to show that you appreciate that the other players did give their all. Beating someone up you do it (probably) because you hate the guy..

Dumb comparison
Hahaha. Exactly.

That was the dumbest analogy I've ever heard.

lakers4sho
05-31-2009, 09:00 PM
If he feels that way then why even talk at a press conference when he wins. He should just avoid all contact win or lose.

:nod:

tr4shb0t
05-31-2009, 09:02 PM
Lame...he needs to look up the definition of sportsmanship. Guess no one taught him that.

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 09:04 PM
For example look at what Kobe did when Boston won the championship. He went to the middle of their celebration to congratulate them.

Yup. Kobe gave Doc, KG, etc. hugs and congratulations. The one thing that you can't deny about Kobe is that he has always played the game of basketball the right way, with integrity.

Hellcrooner
05-31-2009, 09:08 PM
Pathetic, you ahve to shake hands even with your most hated rival, ive never seen Federer or Nadal walk out of the court when they lose to the other withouth shaking hands.

Man, i would have loved to swee his reaction if they had lost to spain in the olympcis, the dude woudl ahve not gone up to take the silver medal.

MagicBucsSox
05-31-2009, 09:10 PM
thats BS. I'm a winner so I shouldn't. What have you won yet lebron. If he won I could see his point but he hasn't won anything

took the words right out my mouth

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 09:11 PM
Pathetic, you ahve to shake hands even with your most hated rival, ive never seen Federer or Nadal walk out of the court when they lose to the other withouth shaking hands.

Man, i would have loved to swee his reaction if they had lost to spain in the olympcis, the dude woudl ahve not gone up to take the silver medal.

Federer is the epitome of losing with grace. When he lost to Nadal in Wimbledon, he continuously talked about how great Nadal was and he gave Nadal tons of props.

dsonLAL24
05-31-2009, 09:13 PM
that's the King everyone!!!!!!!!!!

sciferguy
05-31-2009, 09:14 PM
it is a disrespect....NOBODY is higher than the game and the players should respect it as so. If you think your man enough to parade around when you win or before games, then be man enough to lose and show respect afterwards.

kblo247
05-31-2009, 09:15 PM
I just cannot respect that about him. You might not like, Hell you might even hate it but you got beat as a member of a team no matter what you did individually.

Kobe:
Do you think he wanted to shake the Jazz players hand after those airballs?
Do you think he and Fish with tears in their eyes wanted to shake the Spurs hand after having their chance at 4peating derailed?
Don't you think it hurt like Hell to shake the Piston's hands and having nothing positive to show for the year 2004?
Do you think he wanted to shake Raja Bell's hand after being clotheslined by him and blowing a 3-1 lead?
Do you think he and his teammates wanted to congratulate the Celtics after being bent over and taking it last year?

MJ:
Do you really think he and the Bulls wanted to shake the Bad Boys hands after getting their add whooped?
So you think he want to shake Bird's after losing to them in the playoffs?

Magic:
Don't you think it hurt to shake the Celtics and Pistons hand after losing to them?

Bird:
Did he think it was easy for him to lose to the Sixers, Lakers, and Pistons?

Spurs:
Do you think it is easy having the talent to win and never being able to repeat and having to tell teams you were better than us this year?

The answer to all of that is No it wasn't but they sucked it up and did that because they accept that they are competing, got beat, and will try their best to never let that situation happen again. What do they all have in common? They are champions and HOFS :speechless:

That was a ***** move plain and simple and he should know by now that the only winners in the NBA have the rings to prove their worth and don't need to pound on their chest and say I am a winner and a leader.

sciferguy
05-31-2009, 09:19 PM

Your right Chi but you gotta understand that Kobe knows that feeling of winning so he can appreciate what the Celtics players felt. But Lebron doesn't know what its like to win at a championship level (March Madness is as close as it gets) so he doesnt respect anything because he really does think he is the King. Pretty sad actually.

carter15
05-31-2009, 09:20 PM
As would most, if not ALL, other stars. For some reason, James ALWAYS gets a free pass. It's sickening.

nobody gives a **** when ppl do what lebron did...i bet half the players eliminated from the playoffs this year did the same thing...but its not even news when anybody else does it.

NYtilIdie
05-31-2009, 09:20 PM
Really it doesn't really matter to me. He didn't shake anybody so what! Dwight said he understood Lebron and it didn't bother him so if Dwight doesn't care what's the big deal? I don't hear any of the Magic players complaining about so if they don't care why should we?

When ever our FB team in HS got blown out and had to tell each other "good game" you could tell the other team didn't mean it cause they would laugh while they said it. It really shouldn't be a big deal if Ben Wallace or Boobie Gibson did this would it have been a big deal? NO! Its just people coming up with new ways to hate Lebron

Bnasty312
05-31-2009, 09:21 PM
I just cannot respect that about him. You might not like, Hell you might even hate it but you got beat as a member of a team no matter what you did individually.

Kobe:
Do you think he wanted to shake the Jazz players hand after those airballs?
Do you think he and Fish with tears in their eyes wanted to shake the Spurs hand after having their chance at 4peating derailed?
Don't you think it hurt like Hell to shake the Piston's hands and having nothing positive to show for the year 2004?
Do you think he wanted to shake Raja Bell's hand after being clotheslined by him and blowing a 3-1 lead?
Do you think he and his teammates wanted to congratulate the Celtics after being bent over and taking it last year?

MJ:
Do you really think he and the Bulls wanted to shake the Bad Boys hands after getting their add whooped?
So you think he want to shake Bird's after losing to them in the playoffs?

Magic:
Don't you think it hurt to shake the Celtics and Pistons hand after losing to them?

Bird:
Did he think it was easy for him to lose to the Sixers, Lakers, and Pistons?

Spurs:
Do you think it is easy having the talent to win and never being able to repeat and having to tell teams you were better than us this year?

The answer to all of that is No it wasn't but they sucked it up and did that because they accept that they are competing, got beat, and will try their best to never let that situation happen again. What do they all have in common? They are champions and HOFS :speechless:

That was a ***** move plain and simple and he should know by now that the only winners in the NBA have the rings to prove their worth and don't need to pound on their chest and say I am a winner and a leader.

Precisley

tkshy
05-31-2009, 09:24 PM
NO CLASS! I hope he never wins a title, he doesn't deserve it. Like I have said all along, all the talent in the world, but he thinks because everyone tells him he is the best they should all just bow down to the "king" and let him run over them. I love it! What a sore loser.

Why does he shake hands when he wins? By his definition it is a fight, a battle, and they shouldn't shake his hand.

RaiderLakersA's
05-31-2009, 09:25 PM
this is going to go nowhere.. the people that didnt like lebron still wont like the guy, the people that do like the guy will continue to root for him..

I don't know about that. I don't dislike LeBron, but showing complete disrespect for the game and poor sportsmanship is one surefire way to put him on the outs with me.

But it doesn't matter what I think, just go to ESPN and see how much LeBron's unsportsmanlike display bothered D. Howard:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4219266

It was a b********** move. Simply put.

x15jordanx23
05-31-2009, 09:26 PM
you know i see each side here.. and i cant say i dont disagree with everyones statements. Coming from a college baseball player, I hate losing. For example my team lost the conference playoffs this year to a heated rival, but I still let the guys know on the other team that they played a hell of a game, regardless if i wanted to say it or not it was just the right thing to do

As for LeBron, hes LeBron. He is going to do what he wants and thats just the way it is. I do believe if he wants to be considered a class act and whatever else goes along with it, you got to atleast shake hands or something. Who cares if you mean it or not, at least when it comes to LeBron it would make his image look good. Personally I think its BS that you LEAVE AN EMAIL to someone saying good game, I havent ever heard of that before. IF anything, pick up the damn phone and be a man.

x15jordanx23
05-31-2009, 09:29 PM
he didnt shake hands after the game because Nike hasnt made a commercial on sportsmanship... and now LeBron can be a witness and watch from home.

m26555
05-31-2009, 09:31 PM
nobody gives a **** when ppl do what lebron did...i bet half the players eliminated from the playoffs this year did the same thing...but its not even news when anybody else does it.
Yeah okay.

If Kobe, Garnett, etc. did that, you don't think it would be news? Please.

Hustla23
05-31-2009, 09:34 PM
He's a young guy with some emotion.

Back in the 80's and 90's, teams wouldn't congratulate each other after a hard fought game.

Leave him alone.

It's not classless. He's just acting out emotion after giving the performance of his life and not being rewarded for it.

m26555
05-31-2009, 09:35 PM
I don't know about that. I don't dislike LeBron, but showing complete disrespect for the game and poor sportsmanship is one surefire way to put him on the outs with me.

But it doesn't matter what I think, just go to ESPN and see how much LeBron's unsportsmanlike display bothered D. Howard:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4219266

It was a b********** move. Simply put.
I never noticed until watching that video that Rashard Lewis was calling LeBron over, and LeBron just ignored him and walked away. Makes me realize even more what a baby this guy is.

Mane
05-31-2009, 09:35 PM
lebrons a little *****

x15jordanx23
05-31-2009, 09:36 PM
well, mr james will learn in life that sometimes no matter how well you "perform" you arent going to receive the benefits you deserve.

m26555
05-31-2009, 09:37 PM

Back in the 80's and 90's, teams wouldn't congratulate each other after a hard fought game.

Leave him alone.

It's not classless. He's just acting out emotion after giving the performance of his life and not being rewarded for it.
No. It is classless. I do not CARE that he lost. Any mature individual would congratulate their opponent after losing a game/series. James needs to grow the **** up.

_KB24_
05-31-2009, 09:38 PM
It was classless and admit it. I don't care if Kobe or Magic would have done it, it was classless and arrogant. You don't just walk away pissed. Wouldn't he feel pissed if he had won and the Magic just walked out on him. I hate Mo Williams but I gained respect for him becuz he had the balls to walk up and admit that they were outplayed. Good Job "Queen James".

lakers4sho
05-31-2009, 09:40 PM
How come I don't see no more LeBron James and his teammates posing for whatever crap they do before the game?? :rolleyes:

Bnasty312
05-31-2009, 09:41 PM

Are you kiddin? Watch link a couple post up and tell me Dwight, ESPN or even Rashard who was walking up to him didn't notice.

dsonLAL24
05-31-2009, 09:45 PM
Many kids watched LeBron's classless act. He should also understand that he's part of the NBA family.

ARMIN12NBA

Not at all. You clearly haven't been watching. Nearly every player from every team shook the other teams hands...except for Lebron and the Cavs (well, Delonte was the only gracious one).

Mane
How come I don't see no more LeBron James and his teammates posing for whatever crap they do before the game?? :rolleyes:

because they lost bahahahahahahaha!

kblo247
05-31-2009, 09:46 PM

I got 2 hot off the presses

http://www.truthaboutit.net/pictures/LeBron-James-is-a-crying-baby.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2hg65g2.jpg

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 09:46 PM
he didnt shake hands after the game because Nike hasnt made a commercial on sportsmanship... and now LeBron can be a witness and watch from home.

Funny. Lebron actually did an NBA Cares commercial about sportsmanship. :laugh:

dsonLAL24
05-31-2009, 09:47 PM
i've been saying it all along...Kobe Bryant is the true MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARMIN12NBA

Leave him alone.

Yes they did. Heck, Magic and Thomas would give each other a kiss.

x15jordanx23
hahahah, well.. obviously he didnt take his own advice.

lakers4sho
I got 2 hot off the presses

http://www.truthaboutit.net/pictures/LeBron-James-is-a-crying-baby.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2hg65g2.jpg

:laugh: :laugh:

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 09:48 PM
Many kids watched LeBron's classless act. He should also understand that he's part of the NBA family.

Good point.

Bnasty312
05-31-2009, 09:49 PM
Funny. Lebron actually did an NBA Cares commercial about sportsmanship. :laugh:

No he didnt, did he? HAHA "Lebron we Sportsmanship doesn't happen."

maDtown
05-31-2009, 09:50 PM
In each sport there is only one team that ends it season winning, no exscuse what so ever. Just one of the many reasons the NBA is light years away from being a good sport like the NFL, MLB or NHL. At least it's slightly better than NASCAR where it's ok for drunken hillbillies to fight over disappointment before sleeping with their sisters.

dsonLAL24
05-31-2009, 09:52 PM
nice New York cap LeBron!

Twinsfan24
05-31-2009, 09:52 PM
Noticing that this thread was started by a LAKER FAN and the general majority is lakers fans, I dont care what lebron did hes not the first player not to shake hands.... go find something better to do honestly there is a reason everyone hates the lakers and you are just adding to that.

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 09:53 PM
No he didnt, did he? HAHA "Lebron we Sportsmanship doesn't happen."

Yup. He did. In that same commercial, Shaq spoke about dedication and hard work. :laugh:

dsonLAL24
05-31-2009, 09:54 PM
LeBron acted like a baby, simple as that!!!!!!!!!

lakersrock
05-31-2009, 09:54 PM
You're 24, you're a millionaire and you have children. You play a game for a living. You were blessed with a body that realistically requires a small amount of skills to dominate. Grow up and be a man. You suck up your pride, walk across the court and shake their hands. It's called respect and it's part of being an adult.

Vinny642
05-31-2009, 09:55 PM
CP3 was in it too, the one with the littles kids talking right?

NYtilIdie
05-31-2009, 09:58 PM
Okay answer this question: Would all of this even be a big deal if it was somebody else like Daniel Gibson?

lakersrock
05-31-2009, 09:58 PM
....and nobody is more of a winner in this league than Kobe or Duncan and I can't remember either one of them walking off the court like him after a loss.

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 09:59 PM
Noticing that this thread was started by a LAKER FAN and the general majority is lakers fans, I dont care what lebron did hes not the first player not to shake hands.... go find something better to do honestly there is a reason everyone hates the lakers and you are just adding to that.

Right. You do realize the Lakers have absolutely nothing to do with thread at hand. This is pure hate right here. Lebron did what he did and said what he said. You, TwinsFan, cannot change that. :smoking:

lakers4sho
05-31-2009, 10:00 PM
Okay answer this question: Would all of this even be a big deal if it was somebody else like Daniel Gibson?

It's a big deal because the NBA tries to promote its superstars as role models, especially to children. That's the difference.

lakersrock

Daniel Gibson isn't the face of the NBA saying in commercials that you need to be a good sport. It would have been just as wrong, but with being #1 comes responsibility. This is a prime example.

ARMIN12NBA
CP3 was in it too, the one with the littles kids talking right?

Yes...and now those little kids will think it is OK to run off the court and not congratulate your opponent.

dandman1021
05-31-2009, 10:01 PM
although i feel lebron is a DICK for what he did...i have a bad experience with after game handshakes so i honestly don't have a real opinion on this

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 10:02 PM

Gibson did it too. So did the entire Cavs team except for Delonte. I have a bigger problem with Lebron trying to justify his horrid actions actually. I'm sure Boobie and the rest of them will apologize. If not, then that is a problem too. At the same time, Lebron is looked upon more and makes commercials about sportsmanship. He is being a hypocrite, which makes this even worse.

kblo247
05-31-2009, 10:03 PM

The NBA and David Stern have bent over backwards to make him their posterboy after Wade's messy divorce and Kobe's Colorado incident

To quote Peter Parker quoting Uncle Ben:

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"

robdizzle3

Hahahaha!!!Very True.I dont see how he is a "King" really.He is Prince james to me,because of the stunt he pulled,and that Kobe is better then him.We even have Jerry West rethinking that statement.Howrs was just being nice when he said it wasnt that big of deal,because he didnt want to sound bad to everyone.But Lebron just seems like that type of person that is cocky and arrogant,to the point where he doesnt care how people see him.Lebron doesnt care about sportsmanship because his main goal is to make the most money he can over his career.Its money first and winning second.Kobe already has three rings and he is even more hungry then he was when he won his first.For Lebron to say he is used to winning is bull,because all he reall has is high school titles and trophys.That reminds me when Jeff Francouer of the braves said he wasnt used to not having success because of all he had in High School.Its a whole different ball game when you go to the pros and now both of them are really seeing that its true.

Bnasty312
Yup. He did. In that same commercial, Shaq spoke about dedication and hard work. :laugh:

Ha thats like Monut Bole doing a Jenny Craig commercial :laugh2:

carter15
05-31-2009, 10:04 PM
Are you kiddin? Watch link a couple post up and tell me Dwight, ESPN or even Rashard who was walking up to him didn't notice.

thats what i ****in said..BECAUSE it was lebron its such a big deal..but anyone else and it wudnt...read b4 u make urself look lik a smartass.

NYtilIdie
Last time I checked Jerry West was the face of the NBA. My point exactly this is only a big deal cause it's Lebron if it was somebody else nobody would care.

Lakers211221
I'm gonna side with Lebron on this one fellas and normally I don't....I would rather have a player like Lebron that is so pissed about losing that he storms off the court without shaking anyones hands, than I player that is laughing and joking after being eliminated from the playoffs...he's a competitor and I am completely ok with how he reacted to losing yesterday!

ARMIN12NBA
If Lebron wants to do bad things off the court (like going to brothels, speeding, etc.), then he can do that fine...But, on the court and working at your profession, he better show up as a role model. He did not.

agoody117
05-31-2009, 10:05 PM
that is awful.

he is the face of the nba, and think of how many people especially young kids look up to him as a role model...

he should have come out and apologized rather than providing an excuse.

he should learn that just because he is great does not make him the center of the universe .. or maybe he has just been watching too much espn.

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 10:06 PM
Hahahaha!!!Very True.I dont see how he is a "King" really.He is Prince james to me,because of the stunt he pulled,and that Kobe is better then him.We even have Jerry West rethinking that statement.Howrs was just being nice when he said it wasnt that big of deal,because he didnt want to sound bad to everyone.But Lebron just seems like that type of person that is cocky and arrogant,to the point where he doesnt care how people see him.Lebron doesnt care about sportsmanship because his main goal is to make the most money he can over his career.Its money first and winning second.Kobe already has three rings and he is even more hungry then he was when he won his first.For Lebron to say he is used to winning is bull,because all he reall has is high school titles and trophys.That reminds me when Jeff Francouer of the braves said he wasnt used to not having success because of all he had in High School.Its a whole different ball game when you go to the pros and now both of them are really seeing that its true.

True. Lebron has always said his main goal is to be a billionaire.

Lakers211221
05-31-2009, 10:06 PM
But, to add to the its only a big deal because its Lebron...if it were Kobe they would make a bigger deal and villianize him as usual. So, don't give me its only a big deal because its Lebron...come on now!

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm gonna side with Lebron on this one fellas and normally I don't....I would rather have a player like Lebron that is so pissed about losing that he storms off the court without shaking anyones hands, than I player that is laughing and joking after being eliminated from the playoffs...he's a competitor and I am completely ok with how he reacted to losing yesterday!

Who said he should do that? Nobody. He can remain upset and pissed, but still give props (a la Federer).

Remember Federer cried, but he gave Nadal all the props in the world. Losing with grace right there.

ThePhillyFour89
05-31-2009, 10:13 PM
You guys need to realize that athletes are NOT role models. As much as people try to promote them as such, it isn't the case. There is no law stating that you must congratulate the opposing team after losing in the Conference Finals. Maybe Lebron isn't a great guy (I've never been a huge fan), but he is a competitor. Give the guy a break. There is so much worse that the guy could be doing to explain all the hatred in this thread. I don't recall him getting into much trouble off the court, so get over it. You Lakers and Magic fans should be content that you have teams playing in the Finals and move on. The lack of congratulations on Lebron's part is NOT news.

kblo247
05-31-2009, 10:15 PM
You guys need to realize that athletes are NOT role models. As much as people try to promote them as such, it isn't the case. There is no law stating that you must congratulate the opposing team after losing in the Conference Finals. Maybe Lebron isn't a great guy (I've never been a huge fan), but he is a competitor. Give the guy a break. There is so much worse that the guy could be doing to explain all the hatred in this thread. I don't recall him getting into much trouble off the court, so get over it. You Lakers and Magic fans should be content that you have teams playing in the Finals and move on. The lack of congratulations on Lebron's part is NOT news.

I don't expect a guy whose username is a part of a city who booed Santa to understand what we are saying

{}
05-31-2009, 10:16 PM
Thoughts?

In this era of emasculated Stern basketball, I couldn't have been more proud of Lebron for having the balls and self respect to simply walk off the court. Imagine seeing a street fight and the loser getting up and hugging and kissing the other guy for knocking him out. Whose benefit would that be for and what does it really say about the individual? The first thing that comes to mind is a complete defeated wimp, not sportsmanlike behavior. Lebron can congratulate the Orlando players in private if he likes, if not, so what?

I don't care if the media and some fans got their panties in a wad because Lebron didn't punctuate their victory by lowering himself and kissing the boots of those who beat him. Christ sake, the guy has too much pride in himself to start crying, hugging, and kissing the opposition immediately following the defeat. What Lebron did was a 100% natural reaction of a warrior and a lot more respectable than that wimpish group loving that goes on. :love:

nyyankees09
05-31-2009, 10:16 PM
Lebon is being nothing but a sore loser

Bruno
05-31-2009, 10:17 PM
I thought LeBron walked off the way he did because Howard took that three in his face as the final second were expiring. A lot of players have taken offense to that in the past. LeBron shouldn't have commented on this.

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 10:19 PM

I'm not asking Lebron to be a role model off the court. He can still speed, go to brothels, etc. Still, he has to be a role model while working at his profession like anyone else.

kblo247
05-31-2009, 10:20 PM
I'm not asking Lebron to be a role model off the court. He can still speed, go to brothels, etc. Still, he has to be a role model while working at his profession like anyone else.

:clap:

It's all about setting a standard on the court for future generations

lakers4sho
05-31-2009, 10:21 PM
In this era of emasculated Stern basketball, I couldn't have been more proud of Lebron for having the balls and self respect to simply walk off the court. Imagine seeing a street fight and the loser getting up and hugging and kissing the other guy for knocking him out. Whose benefit would that be for and what does it really say about the individual? The first thing that comes to mind is a complete defeated wimp, not sportsmanlike behavior. Lebron can congratulate the Orlando players in private if he likes, if not, so what?

I don't care if the media and some fans got their panties in a wad because Lebron didn't punctuate their victory by lowering himself and kissing the boots of those who beat him. Christ sake, the guy has too much pride in himself to start crying, hugging, and kissing the opposition immediately following the defeat. What Lebron did was a 100% natural reaction of a warrior and a lot more respectable than that wimpish group loving that goes on. :love:

Again, as pointed out many times before in this thread, comparing streetfights and basketball is a dumb comparison.

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 10:21 PM

This isn't a street fight. It's a game of basketball.

ThePhillyFour89
05-31-2009, 10:23 PM
I don't expect a guy from a city who booed Santa to understand what we are saying

Lol. Good one. I don't see the relevance. What you guys are saying is pointless. As much as you may want your favorite athletes to be role models to your children, it isn't going to happen. They are celebrities making millions of dollars and are pumped up by the media day after day. The fact that it gets to their heads isn't really shocking. And I've seen plenty of decent guys let their emotions get the best of them in tough situations. It's not a big deal.

ThePhillyFour89
05-31-2009, 10:25 PM

Why do all you Lakers fans hate Lebron James. Is it because he is favored by the media over Kobe? I'm just curious...

Shaking somebody's hand is not part of his job description. It's a choice (and one that MANY athletes don't necessarily take part in).

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 10:26 PM
Lol. Good one. I don't see the relevance. What you guys are saying is pointless. As much as you may want your favorite athletes to be role models to your children, it isn't going to happen. They are celebrities making millions of dollars and are pumped up by the media day after day. The fact that it gets to their heads isn't really shocking. And I've seen plenty of decent guys let their emotions get the best of them in tough situations. It's not a big deal.

Who said he should be a role model off the court? We are basically asking him to do his job and a part of his job entails that he should act professional. All we are asking him to do is to shake a hand or apologize for not doing so afterwards so that kids will know the right way to play the sport that Lebron is supposedly a professional at.

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 10:28 PM
Why do all you Lakers fans hate Lebron James. Is it because he is favored by the media over Kobe? I'm just curious...

Shaking somebody's hand is not part of his job description. It's a choice (and one that MANY athletes don't necessarily take part in).

It is when he makes commercials about doing so...He is being a hypocrite at the same time muh man. Stop making excuses for him.

{}
05-31-2009, 10:28 PM
This isn't a street fight. It's a game of basketball.

It's physical competititon with a winner and loser. This isn't the Miss America Beauty Pageant. There isn't a requirement to stick around for the audience's benefit so they can see you hug and kiss the winner. I swear society has become so weak they crucify a guy for being tough and having self respect.

It's all about emotional hypersensitivity and catering towards the feelings of others. Did Lebron really 'hurt the feelings' of D.Howard, the Magic players, and their fans by not giving them the satisifaction of sticking around and accepting defeat in a such a public way? Does it matter? Again, props to Lebron for not engaging in such a weak, submissive, and defeated manner. The guy chose to keep his dignity intact. :clap:

carter15
05-31-2009, 10:29 PM
I thought LeBron walked off the way he did because Howard took that three in his face as the final second were expiring. A lot of players have taken offense to that in the past. LeBron shouldn't have commented on this.

thank you for reminding me of this.....this incredibly unsportsmanlike act by Dwight Howard....the game was over and there was 2 seconds left...its an unwritten rule to take a shot and try and score...thats just disrespectful...very unsportsmanlike by DH12...the game was over already...i cant believe he did that...hes a sore winner

hmm that sounds a little ridiculous *** well thats how everyone bashing lebron for this meaningless act of not shaking hands sounds.

sp1derm00
Wow... Lebron isn't immune to criticism.

ThePhillyFour89
Who said he should be a role model off the court? We are basically asking him to do his job and a part of his job entails that he should act professional. All we are asking him to do is to shake a hand or apologize for not doing so afterwards so that kids will know the right way to play the sport that Lebron is supposedly a professional at.

Dude, the future DOES NOT depend on whether or not Lebron James apologizes for not shaking somebody's hand. That is absolutely absurd.

The guy didn't make a scene after the game; he simply walked off the court. He didn't throw his teammates or coach under the bus either. He kept quietly to himself. I don't see the issue there. And has some have mentioned before, nobody on the Magic squad have an issue with it. So neither should you.

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 10:32 PM
It's physical competititon with a winner and loser. This isn't the Miss America Beauty Pageant. There isn't a requirement to stick around for the audience's benefit so they can see you hug and kiss the winner. I swear society has become so weak they crucify a guy for being tough and having self respect.

Right. This same guy went home to his mommy after the game and wouldn't go on the team bus.

Real tough, huh?

You know what's tough? Getting beat and then owning up to it to your opponent...when your opponent is part of your own fraternity.

You act like these players are strangers. They aren't. They are part of the same union. They are part of the same community. Give the dude a shake and move on. Be pissed too if you want...Just don't act like he did because that does set a horrible example.

ThePhillyFour89
It is when he makes commercials about doing so...He is being a hypocrite at the same time muh man. Stop making excuses for him.

I'm not making excuses for the guy. I'm not a fan. I just don't see why you're trying to make news out of this. If Kobe Bryant walked quietly to the showers after a tough loss, I'm sure you'd be defending him. It's not a big deal.

Bnasty312
thats what i ****in said..BECAUSE it was lebron its such a big deal..but anyone else and it wudnt...read b4 u make urself look lik a smartass.

Easy tiger, i mis-read my bad.

_KB24_
05-31-2009, 10:33 PM
True. Lebron has always said his main goal is to be a billionaire.

The Alex Rodirguez of the NBA. I just hope with a body like that, he hasn't took roids like somebody...:rolleyes:

sp1derm00
05-31-2009, 10:33 PM
thank you for reminding me of this.....this incredibly unsportsmanlike act by Dwight Howard....the game was over and there was 2 seconds left...its an unwritten rule to take a shot and try and score...thats just disrespectful...very unsportsmanlike by DH12...the game was over already...i cant believe he did that...hes a sore winner

hmm that sounds a little ridiculous *** well thats how everyone bashing lebron for this meaningless act of not shaking hands sounds.

Well, it's Dwight Howard. Not like he was trying to pad his stats or anything with that shot... he's WAY more likely to kill his stats than pad it. Had Lewis taken the 3, then that would be a diff story.

Anyways, I don't think that's as big a deal as Lebron not sticking around after the game.

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 10:34 PM
Dude, the future DOES NOT depend on whether or not Lebron James apologizes for not shaking somebody's hand. That is absolutely absurd.

When did I say the future depends on it? :laugh:

The guy didn't make a scene after the game; he simply walked off the court. He didn't throw his teammates or coach under the bus either. He kept quietly to himself. I don't see the issue there. And has some have mentioned before, nobody on the Magic squad have an issue with it. So neither should you.

He made a scene by walking off the court and then not going on the team bus and then making these comments.

What he did was wrong and you know it. Stop defending it. :smoking:

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 10:35 PM
I'm not making excuses for the guy. I'm not a fan. I just don't see why you're trying to make news out of this. If Kobe Bryant walked quietly to the showers after a tough loss, I'm sure you'd be defending him. It's not a big deal.

Nope. Kobe has proven to stick around and congratulate the other squad. Don't bring Kobe into this when Kobe does exhibit fine sportsmanship.

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 10:36 PM
The Alex Rodirguez of the NBA. I just hope with a body like that, he hasn't took roids like somebody...:rolleyes:

Lebron doesn't do steroids. He does HGH.

MAC10TIZZY
05-31-2009, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE={};9655480]In this era of emasculated Stern basketball, I couldn't have been more proud of Lebron for having the balls and self respect to simply walk off the court. Imagine seeing a street fight and the loser getting up and hugging and kissing the other guy for knocking him out. Whose benefit would that be for and what does it really say about the individual? The first thing that comes to mind is a complete defeated wimp, not sportsmanlike behavior. Lebron can congratulate the Orlando players in private if he likes, if not, so what?

so i take it you dont watch the u.f.c........i have yet to see the opponent after getting the crap beat out of him twenty minutes, not shaking hands with the winner...its a symbol of gratitude and sportmans ship........i head was in such a bad mood , he didn't even say thanks to the refs so slobbin' him down.......lol

ThePhillyFour89
05-31-2009, 10:38 PM
When did I say the future depends on it? :laugh:

He made a scene by walking off the court and then not going on the team bus and then making these comments.

What he did was wrong and you know it. Stop defending it. :smoking:

Lol. You're implying it by saying future generations of b-ball players are going to grow up playing the game the wrong way because of it. (I was referring to the future of the NBA. Sorry for the confusion.) Kids nowadays are screwed because of the image of the NBA as a whole. Lebron James shaking hands is not going to save them.

Anyways, I'm not saying what he did was RIGHT or WRONG. It's basically a non-issue in my mind.

ThePhillyFour89
05-31-2009, 10:39 PM
Nope. Kobe has proven to stick around and congratulate the other squad. Don't bring Kobe into this when Kobe does exhibit fine sportsmanship.

I agree. It was a hypothetical, my man.

LakeShowRaider
05-31-2009, 10:42 PM
SORE LOSER. Enough said.

This is a GAME, nor REAL LIFE.

Hence his example does not apply.

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 10:43 PM
Lol. You're implying it by saying future generations of b-ball players are going to grow up playing the game the wrong way because of it. (I was referring to the future of the NBA. Sorry for the confusion.) Kids nowadays are screwed because of the image of the NBA as a whole. Lebron James shaking hands is not going to save them.

Anyways, I'm not saying what he did was RIGHT or WRONG. It's basically a non-issue in my mind.

Lebron James' comments do create a problem. You don't realize how much young ballers hang by each and every word of these players (I do; I coach these kids). If he apologizes, I'm fine with it. He did not though and he made congratulating and shaking hands out to be something bad. That is what I have a problem with.

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 10:46 PM
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r201/low-nslow/Smajli/Enbi/LEFISH09.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2uzxlz7.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u274/JoeCool-23/bronnonono.gif

:laugh: Pretty funny.

GCOOKIE7
05-31-2009, 10:46 PM
I think when ur on the road and you just lost you should get off of the court and let the other team celebrate with their fans. If it happened at home then he should have shaken their hands and congratulated them.

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 10:49 PM
I think when ur on the road and you just lost you should get off of the court and let the other team celebrate with their fans. If it happened at home then he should have shaken their hands and congratulated them.

Kobe and the Lakers congratulated the Celtics last year.

Delonte congratulated the Magic.

ThePhillyFour89
05-31-2009, 10:49 PM
Lebron James' comments do create a problem. You don't realize how much young ballers hang by each and every word of these players (I do; I coach these kids). If he apologizes, I'm fine with it. He did not though and he made congratulating and shaking hands out to be something bad. That is what I have a problem with.

I didn't really interpret it as you did, but I guess I can see where you are coming from. I honestly think there is so much worse going on within the NBA that is distorting kids' perceptions of the game, though. Ultimately, I don't think these guys should be considered role models 'cause most of them aren't.

Anyways, I wish your team good luck in the finals.

Kakaroach
05-31-2009, 10:51 PM
Eh little lame. I would have expected much more from King James.

Kenny
05-31-2009, 10:51 PM

so whats worse, teaching these kids you say that look up to these players to cheat on there wife, or not shake someones hand after you lose.. you decide

DublinDiva
05-31-2009, 10:52 PM
Your right Chi but you gotta understand that Kobe knows that feeling of winning so he can appreciate what the Celtics players felt. But Lebron doesn't know what its like to win at a championship level (March Madness is as close as it gets) so he doesnt respect anything because he really does think he is the King. Pretty sad actually.
That's a rather stupid excuse. I think there's no excuse for what he did. He's a shameless, classless, unsportsmanlike athlete. It's a bad example for the kids. Enough Said.

S.J.Basketball
05-31-2009, 10:52 PM
Hahaha WOW! He sounds like such a douche! I'm a winner I don't congratulate people that beat me!

What a giant douchebag.

GCOOKIE7
05-31-2009, 10:54 PM
lol Delonte was the best player on the floor.

carter15
05-31-2009, 10:54 PM

no1 seems to be saying anything about this....have ppl realised how ridiculous there being?

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 10:56 PM
so whats worse, teaching these kids you say that look up to these players to cheat on there wife, or not shake someones hand after you lose.. you decide

Don't chastise Lebron for cheating on his girlfriend (he's not married). He can do whatever he wants outside the court. It isn't his job to be a role model personally. It is his job to be a role model for a job that he is a professional at. THAT is his job and when he plays in the NBA and does NBA Cares, he knows that. Him going to brothels with Melo and Wade doesn't phase me.

julio
05-31-2009, 11:03 PM
sore loser.

D Roses Bulls
05-31-2009, 11:04 PM

go watch the video then http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4220161&categoryid=2459788

that reminded me of in 91 when the bulls beat the pistons and thomas and the rest of those smucks went straight to the locker room like a bunch of babies. you saw delonte west out there shaking hands and lebron is suppose to be the leader of this team? he is a cry baby and you can tell in sundays convo with dwight that he felt disrespected and should be. i never liked lebron but respected him cause of his game, but i lost all respect for him now. what a sore loser

GCOOKIE7
05-31-2009, 11:05 PM
Don't chastise Lebron for cheating on his girlfriend (he's not married). He can do whatever he wants outside the court. It isn't his job to be a role model personally. It is his job to be a role model for a job that he is a professional at. THAT is his job and when he plays in the NBA and does NBA Cares, he knows that. Him going to brothels with Melo and Wade doesn't phase me.

I know it shouldn't matter if LeBron went to a hotel and raped some blond chick while being married and having kids. That shouldn't phase you!

GCOOKIE7
05-31-2009, 11:08 PM
go watch the video then http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4220161&categoryid=2459788

that reminded me of in 91 when the bulls beat the pistons and thomas and the rest of those smucks went straight to the locker room like a bunch of babies. you saw delonte west out there shaking hands and lebron is suppose to be the leader of this team? he is a cry baby and you can tell in sundays convo with dwight that he felt disrespected and should be. i never liked lebron but respected him cause of his game, but i lost all respect for him now. what a sore loser

You need a kleenex? Dwight has been playing the disrespect card all series.

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 11:09 PM
I know it shouldn't matter if LeBron went to a hotel and raped some blond chick while being married and having kids. That shouldn't phase you!

Lebron hasn't done that muh man. Don't accuse him of doing something he hasn't.

Point is, he can do whatever he wants off the court. It's not his job to be a role model off the court. I'm not his friend or family to tell him what he should or should not do off the court.

However, his job is to be a role model on the court. That's his job. That's his profession. No way you can refute that.

DublinDiva
05-31-2009, 11:09 PM
Amen! That was a real stupid comparison.

Mile High Champ
05-31-2009, 11:10 PM
Gotta say I think it is being a poor sport. I respect the NHL a lot because all the players at the end of series get in a line and shake each others hands. It really shows that you can be a man and realize your team was outplayed by another... Its a sign of respect to shake the other teams hand (you dont have to like it but you should do it).. I think the NBA often has no class when it comes to sportsmanship and this example is just another to prove it.

BenFrank
05-31-2009, 11:11 PM
I have to admit.. i'm a LBJ fan like many of u.. but even I have to admit.. that these action of his is childish and pretty selfish.. he could have show a little more respect

magichatnumber9
05-31-2009, 11:13 PM
Just because someone does something that you don't agree with doesn't make you classless. Spitting in your face is classless. pulling your wang out in public is classless. Lebron didn't flip off the Orlando fans, didn't shove anybody ect. ect. You people don't have a clue what these people go through.

GCOOKIE7
05-31-2009, 11:13 PM

Point is, he can do whatever he wants off the court. It's not his job to be a role model off the court. I'm not his friend or family to tell him what he should or should not do off the court.

However, his job is to be a role model on the court. That's his job. That's his profession. No way you can refute that.

I know... it just seems more like a Kobe thing to do. ;)

blacknell
05-31-2009, 11:14 PM
i feel lebron i used to be like that if i lost i wasn't trying to be happy for the other team. Whats the point of shaking hands anyway?

ThePhillyFour89
05-31-2009, 11:15 PM

Dude, it's not his job to be a role model PERIOD. His job is to play basketball. Good sportsmanship is a personal choice.

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 11:15 PM
I know... it just seems more like a Kobe thing to do. ;)

Kobe has never done that either and he exhibits great sportsmanship on the court.

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 11:16 PM
Just because someone does something that you don't agree with doesn't make you classless. Spitting in your face is classless. pulling your wang out in public is classless. Lebron didn't flip off the Orlando fans, didn't shove anybody ect. ect. You people don't have a clue what these people go through.

Pulling your wang out in public is classless? :speechless:

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 11:18 PM
Dude, it's not his job to be a role model PERIOD. His job is to play basketball. Good sportsmanship is a personal choice.

A part of playing basketball is exhibiting good sportsmanship. David Stern has said so himself. NBA Cares, something Lebron is a part of, also says that a part of basketball is exhibiting good sportsmanship. :cool:

majmarcus
AGREED! IT'S THOSE SMALL BUT SOOOO IMPORTANT THINGS THAT MAKES A PLAYER THAT PLAYS GREAT, A GREAT PLAYER WITH CLASS. JUST LIKE BILL BELICHICK. AS GREAT A COACH AS HE IS,AFTER THEY LOST THE SB, HE ACTED LIKE A SPOILED BRAT LEAVING THE FIELD B4 THE CLOCK HIT ALL 0's. HE'S BEEN CONSIDERED "CLASSLESS" FOR A LONG TIME! BUT THEN AGAIN, ATLEAST HE DID WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS,lol. WHILE I WON'T SAY LEBRON NEVER WILL BE. I WILL SAY, HE'S NOT "THE KING" OF A GOD DAMN THING. DUDE IS FAR FROM MUFASA...HIS ATTITUDE AFTER GETTING BOUNCED PROVES HE HAS TOO MUCH SIMBA IN HIM!!!! NOW,HOPEFULLY ESPN WON'T LINE UP TO BLOW HIM 24/7

GCOOKIE7
Kobe has never done that either and he exhibits great sportsmanship on the court.

Kobe never did that? were you born yesterday?

Mile High Champ
05-31-2009, 11:19 PM
AGREED! IT'S THOSE SMALL BUT SOOOO IMPORTANT THINGS THAT MAKES A PLAYER THAT PLAYS GREAT, A GREAT PLAYER WITH CLASS. JUST LIKE BILL BELICHICK. AS GREAT A COACH AS HE IS,AFTER THEY LOST THE SB, HE ACTED LIKE A SPOILED BRAT LEAVING THE FIELD B4 THE CLOCK HIT ALL 0's. HE'S BEEN CONSIDERED "CLASSLESS" FOR A LONG TIME! BUT THEN AGAIN, ATLEAST HE DID WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS,lol. WHILE I WON'T SAY LEBRON NEVER WILL BE. I WILL SAY, HE'S NOT "THE KING" OF A GOD DAMN THING. DUDE IS FAR FROM MUFASA...HIS ATTITUDE AFTER GETTING BOUNCED PROVES HE HAS TOO MUCH SIMBA IN HIM!!!! NOW,HOPEFULLY ESPN WON'T LINE UP TO BLOW HIM 24/7

I hate ppl that post in caps.. beyond annoying..

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 11:21 PM
Kobe never did that? were you born yesterday?

Kobe never raped anybody. What the hell are you talking about?

GCOOKIE7
05-31-2009, 11:24 PM
Kobe never raped anybody. What the hell are you talking about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobe_Bryant_sexual_assault_case

I guess he just likes it rough

You try to tell me he was the perfect role model? He's got a wife and kids.

...w/e at least he shook the *****es hand after

Mile High Champ
05-31-2009, 11:25 PM

haha I find it amusing when people use wikipedia as a source..

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 11:26 PM

How dumb are you? You do realize that somebody being accused of a crime doesn't mean they did it. :laugh:

Who the **** doesn't know about that trial? At the same time, who the **** doesn't know that Kobe didn't rape anybody? :laugh2: New low for the human race, huh?

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 11:27 PM

I also find it amusing that when I said Kobe didn't rape her, he asks me if I was born yesterday and gives me a link showing the trial in which it was proved Kobe didn't rape anybody. :laugh: Pure comedy.

_KB24_

He was accused smartass. What if the Cavs filed a suit against Dwight because he completely raped them!:smoking:

{}
Right. This same guy went home to his mommy after the game and wouldn't go on the team bus.

Real tough, huh?

As opposed to what? Asking for permission to leave? Not joining the rest of the team in crying, hugging, kissing and congratulating the Magic; you know, 'cause everyone else was doing it? I saw in Lebron an individual toughness and a warrior spirit that wouldn't bow down to the enemy.

You know what's tough? Getting beat and then owning up to it to your opponent...when your opponent is part of your own fraternity.

Lebron wasn't beat. The sorry excuse of a Cavs team he has the misfortune of carrying was beat. Orlando can't take credit for 'beating' a guy who averaged those godly numbers he put up.

You act like these players are strangers. They aren't. They are part of the same union. They are part of the same community. Give the dude a shake and move on. Be pissed too if you want...Just don't act like he did because that does set a horrible example.
In other words, you condemn Lebron for not mindlessly exhibiting acceptable group behavior. He reacted like an individual with pride. I'm glad the greatest player on the planet didn't turn meek and seek out the celebratory Orlando players in order to shake their hands like a defeated loser. Lebron said it best himself, he is a winner and it's not in his nature to assume the role of loser.

ThePhillyFour89
05-31-2009, 11:28 PM

He wasn't writing an article in a scientific journal... I think wikipedia is a sufficient source in this case.

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 11:28 PM
Before people say Kobe raped her:

Kate Faber sent text messages where she said that she was trying to screw over Kobe and she also went to a party the next night and talked about how big Kobe was and how she was trying to screw him over. He was innocent. Lets stop before this goes off-topic.

GCOOKIE7
05-31-2009, 11:29 PM
How dumb are you? You do realize that somebody being accused of a crime doesn't mean they did it. :laugh:

Who the **** doesn't know about that trial? At the same time, who the **** doesn't know that Kobe didn't rape anybody? :laugh2: New low for the human race, huh?

That's not the point. I'm not being too serious about the raping part... and im not saying he didn't rape her. My point is that he was cheating on his wife. That obviously wasn't the first time either. You can deny that all you want.

and what's wrong with posting wikipedia? You think im making a story up?

harsh506
05-31-2009, 11:30 PM

Yup....Its usually just a low five while saying good game and means absolutely nothing. :clap:

_KB24_
05-31-2009, 11:31 PM
As opposed to what? Asking for permission to leave? Not joining the rest of the team in crying, hugging, kissing and congratulating the Magic; you know, 'cause everyone else was doing it? I saw in Lebron an individual toughness and a warrior spirit that wouldn't bow down to the enemy.

Lebron wasn't beat. The sorry excuse of a Cavs team he has the misfortune of carrying was beat. Orlando can't take credit for 'beating' a guy who averaged those godly numbers he put up.

In other words, you condemn Lebron for not mindlessly exhibiting acceptable group behavior. He reacted like an individual with pride. I'm glad the greatest player on the planet didn't turn meek and seek out the celebratory Orlando players in order to shake their hands like a defeated loser. Lebron said it best himself, he is a winner and it's not in his nature to assume the role of loser.

THATS THE ISSUE. WTF has he won yet!??? Nothing. All he has been in the league is a loser so far. He has to win something before he gives himself such high stature. **** I hoped he played back in the 80s, they would knock his *** out the next time they played.

GCOOKIE7
05-31-2009, 11:31 PM
I also find it amusing that when I said Kobe didn't rape her, he asks me if I was born yesterday and gives me a link showing the trial in which it was proved Kobe didn't rape anybody. :laugh: Pure comedy.

it's pure comedy that you were pretending like you had no clue what i was getting at smartass

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 11:32 PM

:laugh: Can I quote this post and put it in my sig? Hilarious.

His team was beat. I'm not arguing that he deserved to be beat. He was on the losing end and should congratulate his opponent.

Learn the definition of pride and come talk to me. Making excuses and acting like a sore loser is NOT pride.

Lebron is a winner? :laugh2: Really? :laugh: Your posts get better and better (like equating beating someone with basketball, Lebron being a warrior not bowing down to his enemy, etc...Classic!).

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 11:33 PM
it's pure comedy that you were pretending like you had no clue what i was getting at smartass

What were you getting at? That Kobe was innocent of a false accusation?

How would that prove any of your points?

{}
05-31-2009, 11:33 PM
THATS THE ISSUE. WTF has he won yet!??? Nothing. All he has been in the league is a loser so far. He has to win something before he gives himself such high stature. **** I hoped he played back in the 80s, they would knock his *** out the next time they played.

He's talking about his mentality. Being a warrior who doesn't embrace defeat, etc. And as far as his accomplishments, he's well beyond Kobe and even past MJ at his current rate. ;)

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 11:34 PM
That's not the point. I'm not being too serious about the raping part... and im not saying he didn't rape her. My point is that he was cheating on his wife. That obviously wasn't the first time either. You can deny that all you want.

He cheated on his wife...and Lebron cheated on his girlfriend. Again, how is this relevant at all?

Mile High Champ
He wasn't writing an article in a scientific journal... I think wikipedia is a sufficient source in this case.

No because anyone can edit its content....

_KB24_

and what's wrong with posting wikipedia? You think im making a story up?

So Kobe got ripped by everyone back then for his stuff and he man'd up and took the blame. I would be suprised to find one NBA player who has not cheated on his wife. only one. just because he didnt pay them off like the "big fella" doesnt mean he should be the only one being crapped on. If you dont think lebron has been unfaithful to his gf or w/e in your own words, " You can deny that all you want."

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 11:35 PM
He's talking about his mentality. Being a warrior who doesn't embrace defeat, etc. And as far as his accomplishments, he's well beyond Kobe and even past MJ at his current rate. ;)

I love this. Now he is trying to change the entire thread argument. Stick to the topic buddy.

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 11:36 PM
So Kobe got ripped by everyone back then for his stuff and he man'd up and took the blame. I would be suprised to find one NBA player who has not cheated on his wife. only one. just because he didnt pay them off like the "big fella" doesnt mean he should be the only one being crapped on. If you dont think lebron has been unfaithful to his gf or w/e in your own words, " You can deny that all you want."

Lebron was caught at a brothel with Carmelo and D-Wade. He has cheated. It's not an opinion. It's a fact.

dsonLAL24
05-31-2009, 11:37 PM
they should of put the LeBron puppet at the podium.

eBayGEEK
05-31-2009, 11:37 PM
BTW, Anyone notice another Yankee Hat outing by LeBron

KNICKS 2010 , SAY WERD

ThePhillyFour89
05-31-2009, 11:38 PM
No because anyone can edit its content....

You do realize that the content is checked for accuracy multiple times a day, especially in articles of greater importance. You can edit stuff all you want, but in a short period of time it will be corrected (unless it's a ridiculously unimportant topic).

GCOOKIE7
05-31-2009, 11:42 PM

It's relevant to what you said before. NBA players are role models so when they **** up outside of the game we will hear about just a s much as when they **** up inside of the game. It may not be his JOB to be a role model when he's not playing ball, but the same scrutiny and coverage will happen.

_KB24_
05-31-2009, 11:42 PM

Your joking right?? Kobe already had completed a three peat. Lechoke hasnt even won 1 . And dont even get me started on Jordan...

t_money25
05-31-2009, 11:43 PM
So I guess Lebron feels like he shouldn't shake hands win or lose? Cause I've seen him shake hands and even give out hugs in several of their wins this year....

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 11:48 PM
It's relevant to what you said before. NBA players are role models so when they **** up outside of the game we will hear about just a s much as when they **** up inside of the game. It may not be his JOB to be a role model when he's not playing ball, but the same scrutiny and coverage will happen.

No. Dwyane Wade's personal problems wasn't covered by ESPN and neither was Lebron's party at the brothels. The reason why Kobe got coverage was because he was falsely accused of rape. Like I said, these guys are professional basketball players. Their job is to be a role model for that. Outside of the game, it's different. They are human beings and make mistakes which is why people shouldn't look at them to be role models for off the court behavior...

They are paid large sums of money and their job outlines that they should exhibit sportsmanship. That is why he should shake hands and congratulate the other team.

BTW--Nice job of trying to deflect. You want the negative spotlight to be on Kobe instead of Lebron. Pretty hilarious.

NYtilIdie
05-31-2009, 11:48 PM
Really just lock this thread no matter how many times we say shaking hands after a game isn't mandatory you guys (mostly Laker fans) say he has to be a role model on the court when that commercial doesn't even say anything about sportsmanship it just talks about helping the community and you don't care about what they do off-court so that takes care of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbAfkhUJZwo

tell where it says anything about sportsmanship?

{}
05-31-2009, 11:50 PM
Your joking right?? Kobe already had completed a three peat. Lechoke hasnt even won 1 . And dont even get me started on Jordan...

Kobe is a glorified second banana. Shaq did the heavy lifting. Horry, Fox, and Fisher were the ones stepping up and hitting the clutch shots. Kobe rode Shaq's coattails with the rest of the team. In 04 when Kobe felt himself more important than his 3 hall of fame teammates, and LA's championship run came to a screeching half with him behind the wheel. Those are the facts.

If you don't believe me about how great Lebron is, just ask Jerry West. ;)

dabears34ft
05-31-2009, 11:51 PM
My question to the Cavs is this: Do they regret there publicized practices, where they were just screwing around having a good old time. I don't care what level you are on, if you take a team lightly you are going to get beat, and by the looks of things, the Cavs thought they were walking to the finals, and the Magic sprinted right past them.

When I was playing baseball in High School, my team beat our bitter rival in the sectional championship, and we took the week before that game extremely seriously. Than our next matchup was against a team we smashed 16-2 in the regular season, and a team we never lost too in my 4 years of high school. It was the district semis and the talk of the town was us vs. another huge rivalry meeting in the District Finals, we completely lost focus of the game in front of us, looked ahead, got 1 hit, and lost 5-0.

I know you can't really compare High School with the pros, but you can still teach the same lessons. Never look past an opponent. Always stay humble. And don't take anything for granted.

dre1990
05-31-2009, 11:53 PM
I saw the interview, it different the way he actually says it.

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 11:53 PM
Really just lock this thread no matter how many times we say shaking hands after a game isn't mandatory you guys (mostly Laker fans) say he has to be a role model on the court when that commercial doesn't even say anything about sportsmanship it just talks about helping the community and you don't care about what they do off-court so that takes care of that.

Good job at picking the condensed version. Propaganda. Awesome.

LINK TO LONG VERSION (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUF5QcSwKes&feature=related)

Go to 30 seconds. Talks about making friends and shows picture of SHAKING HANDS.

1:15 seconds. Lebron says that you have to practice good sportsmanship.

Earlier, they made the guidelines for good sportsmanship: Shaking hands, making friends, etc.

:smoking:

_KB24_
05-31-2009, 11:54 PM

ahahah are you ****ing kidddind me?? Lebrons the one who says sportsmanship . Here look at 1:16http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUF5QcSwKes&feature=related

NYtilIdie
05-31-2009, 11:55 PM
No. Dwyane Wade's personal problems wasn't covered by ESPN and neither was Lebron's party at the brothels. The reason why Kobe got coverage was because he was falsely accused of rape. Like I said, these guys are professional basketball players. Their job is to be a role model for that. Outside of the game, it's different.

BTW--Nice job of trying to deflect. You want the negative spotlight to be on Kobe instead of Lebron. Pretty hilarious.

Whats more likely to get headlines and draw more interest: Kobe being accused of rape and possibly facing jail time or Lebron cheating on his GF and not shaking someones hand? Hmmm I'll go with the first option. Also didn't Kobe throw Shaq under the bus around that time too? Kobe isn't a saint either

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 11:56 PM
ahahah are you ****ing kidddind me?? Lebrons the one who says sportsmanship . Here look at 1:16http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUF5QcSwKes&feature=related

He thought he could trick us. It didn't work. I would like to see what his excuse for that is.

GCOOKIE7
05-31-2009, 11:56 PM
No. Dwyane Wade's personal problems wasn't covered by ESPN and neither was Lebron's party at the brothels. The reason why Kobe got coverage was because he was falsely accused of rape. Like I said, these guys are professional basketball players. Their job is to be a role model for that. Outside of the game, it's different.

Sorry im not a LeBron or Wade dickrider but all of this LeBron hate is ridiculous. You can deflect all of the Kobe stuff you want. SOOOOOOOO FUNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YY

Outside of the game is no different because we all hear of it anyway.

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 11:58 PM
Whats more likely to get headlines and draw more interest: Kobe being accused of rape and possibly facing jail time or Lebron cheating on his GF and not shaking someones hand? Hmmm I'll go with the first option.

That's what I said dummy. ESPN doesn't report that type of gossip. Kobe's was serious and that's why it got out...It doesn't mean Lebron isn't a cheater too.

Also didn't Kobe throw Shaq under the bus around that time too? Kobe isn't a saint either

Kobe (as well as Malone) calling out Shaq for being a joke of a teammate and a fat **** was the best thing that happened to the Lakers that year. Shaq was the reason they didn't win 6-7 titles in a row because of his lazy, satisfied ***.

ARMIN12NBA
05-31-2009, 11:59 PM
Sorry im not a LeBron or Wade dickrider but all of this LeBron hate is ridiculous. You can deflect all of the Kobe stuff you want. SOOOOOOOO FUNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YY

Outside of the game is no different because we all hear of it anyway.

It's not their job dummy. That's the point. He gets paid and is a part of an organization that publicly supports and pushes the idea of sportsmanship. If he ****s up outside of basketball, then fine. It's not his job. His job is to exhibit sportsmanship. Fact.

ARMIN12NBA
06-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Good job at picking the condensed version. Propaganda. Awesome.

LINK TO LONG VERSION (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUF5QcSwKes&feature=related)

Go to 30 seconds. Talks about making friends and shows picture of SHAKING HANDS.

1:15 seconds. Lebron says that you have to practice good sportsmanship.

Earlier, they made the guidelines for good sportsmanship: Shaking hands, making friends, etc.

:smoking:

:laugh: This dude (NY) isn't responding to my response to his BS short version of the video. Pretty embarrassing for that guy.

xmoney328
06-01-2009, 12:02 AM
the guy is a winner.... put yourself in his shoes...he put in alot of hard work to get to the championship....and losing to a team that he believe they can beat... on top of that he played his ***** off and got little or no help from his team...i might have done the same thing!

LAcowBOMBER
06-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Well last time I checked you don't shake hands with someone that you just beat up either, so I guess no one should ever shake hands after a game

GCOOKIE7
06-01-2009, 12:03 AM
It's not their job dummy. That's the point. He gets paid and is a part of an organization that publicly supports and pushes the idea of sportsmanship. If he ****s up outside of basketball, then fine. It's not his job. His job is to exhibit sportsmanship. Fact.

Okay if you wanna talk nonsense like that i'll do the same. As a husband and father its his JOB to stay faithful and not bang random sluts. FACT

_KB24_
06-01-2009, 12:03 AM
:laugh: This dude (NY) isn't responding to my response to his BS short version of the video. Pretty embarrassing for that guy.

ahaha This huy would be perfect for those Southwest Airline commercials, "Wanna get away":)

ARMIN12NBA
06-01-2009, 12:07 AM
Okay if you wanna talk nonsense like that i'll do the same. As a husband and father its his JOB to stay faithful and not bang random sluts. FACT

Is that a public job? That's his personal life. It's wrong. We know it. I know it. At the same time, Lebron cheated too. Not only that, but he went to a brothel. :laugh: Where is your condemnation of Lebron? :cricket:

ARMIN12NBA
06-01-2009, 12:07 AM
ahaha This huy would be perfect for those Southwest Airline commercials, "Wanna get away":)

:laugh:

GCOOKIE7
06-01-2009, 12:08 AM
Is that a public job? That's his personal life. It's wrong. We know it. I know it. At the same time, Lebron cheated too. Not only that, but he went to a brothel. :laugh: Where is your condemnation of Lebron? :cricket:

LeBron is getting enough hate... the thread is his.

_KB24_
Kobe is a glorified second banana. Shaq did the heavy lifting. Horry, Fox, and Fisher were the ones stepping up and hitting the clutch shots. Kobe rode Shaq's coattails with the rest of the team. In 04 when Kobe felt himself more important than his 3 hall of fame teammates, and LA's championship run came to a screeching half with him behind the wheel. Those are the facts.

If you don't believe me about how great Lebron is, just ask Jerry West. ;)

Are you joking? You probaly didn't even watch them play. Kobe was the go to man down the stretch. I dont even need to give evidence, just search up kobe and you'll get a billion lists. How do you think Horry, Fish, and Fox got open? It was the dribble penetration of Kobe which lead to wide open shots. So what if he had Shaq? Jordan had Pippen, Magic had Kareem, Bird had Mchale and Parish? I dont think you would be complaining if Lebron was in Kobe's shoes?? Champions are Champions, LOSERS ARE LOSER. Now these are facts.

ThePhillyFour89

It's seriously not his job, man. Is it a desirable trait? Yes. But it's not his job.

ARMIN12NBA
06-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Skip Bayless is hilarious. His tweets:

I'm pushing to do all 10 topics tomorrow on Prince James who, until 43 seconds remained, had scored 1 pt. in 4th q. He is not the truth.

I'm going to bed, to dream of Prince missing awkward j's.

LeBron refuses to talk to media. Not cool. Show some class, MVP. His "complementary" players left to do interviews. Let 'em down again.

Debating Chris LeBroussard early on tomorrow's show. He says Cavs "went as far as they could." So why did he pick Clev over O. in three?

Cannot BELIEVE how media protecting Prince J after he wouldn't shake hands or do an interview. Never his fault. He's "frustrated w/o help."

NYtilIdie
06-01-2009, 12:10 AM
Im not gonna lie I have never seen that version you guys were talking about commercials with kids in it the only one i've ever seen was the "Its more then a game".

Yeah you hate Shaq now, but just like every Laker fan you LOVED him during the 3-peat when he carried you guys to the Finals you guys know without Shaq you would have been lucky to get out of the 1st round at that time.

ARMIN12NBA
06-01-2009, 12:10 AM
LeBron is getting enough hate... the thread is his.

Exactly. The thread is about Lebron basically being a hypocrite and contradicting his own job description. Not about Lebron cheating or Kobe. So stop bringing it up to deflect the topic at hand.

ARMIN12NBA
06-01-2009, 12:11 AM
It's seriously not his job, man. Is it a desirable trait? Yes. But it's not his job.

Yes it is. Have you ever worked at a job? Whatever your employer asks of you is your job. His employer asks for sportsmanship. It's his job.

ThePhillyFour89
06-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Skip Bayless is hilarious. His tweets:

Skip Bayless is a joke. He got absolutely ripped by a guy on ESPN radio in Philly the other week.

ThePhillyFour89
06-01-2009, 12:13 AM
Yes it is. Have you ever worked at a job? Whatever your employer asks of you is your job. His employer asks for sportsmanship. It's his job.

Then why hasn't his employer fired him? I'm fairly confident that I would be fired if I wasn't satisfying my job responsibilities.

ARMIN12NBA
06-01-2009, 12:13 AM
Im not gonna lie I have never seen that version you guys were talking about commercials with kids in it the only one i've ever seen was the "Its more then a game".

Right. Don't lie muh man. You tried to play us. The long version was in the related videos section. You would have seen it. :cool:

Yeah you hate Shaq now, but just like every Laker fan you LOVED him during the 3-peat when he carried you guys to the Finals you guys know without Shaq you would have been lucky to get out of the 1st round at that time.

I loved him and I hated him. I hated the fact that the dude didn't try hard in the off-season. Heck, Kobe should have said something from Day 1. IMO, he waited too damn long.

GCOOKIE7
06-01-2009, 12:14 AM
Exactly. The thread is about Lebron basically being a hypocrite and contradicting his own job description. Not about Lebron cheating or Kobe. So stop bringing it up to deflect the topic at hand.

Job description.... ya. It even says shake hands on his contract.

ThePhillyFour89
06-01-2009, 12:14 AM
And Stern is not writing Lebron's checks. Therefore, he his not his employer.

_KB24_
06-01-2009, 12:15 AM

Who says we hate him? Everyone down here in LA still loves him. Were you born yesterday, in the words of the "Big Diesel' himself, "It was all marketing".:D

ARMIN12NBA
06-01-2009, 12:15 AM
Then why hasn't his employer fired him? I'm fairly confident that I would be fired if I wasn't satisfying my job responsibilities.

Ummmm...what? Why would the Cavs cut Lebron? He didn't do that part of the job, but this post is irrelevant. If you don't see that then God bless your soul. :laugh2:

BTW--You do realize that NBA players (like Lebron) don't get fired, right? :laugh: He didn't exhibit sportsmanship, but he ain't getting fired muh man. :laugh: Can I quote this post too? :laugh2:

ARMIN12NBA
06-01-2009, 12:16 AM

Sigh.

He does commercials about sportsmanship. Stern has a ****ing comment about sportsmanship every two days. And on and on and on.

Is ignorance really bliss?

_KB24_
06-01-2009, 12:17 AM

Yup. Its in fine print at the very bottom. Another one of Sternie's tricks:p

GCOOKIE7
06-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Ummmm...what? Why would the Cavs cut Lebron? He didn't do that part of the job, but this post is irrelevant. If you don't see that then God bless your soul. :laugh2:

BTW--You do realize that NBA players (like Lebron) don't get fired, right? :laugh: He didn't exhibit sportsmanship, but he ain't getting fired muh man. :laugh: Can I quote this post too? :laugh2:

Doesn't that prove us right and you wrong? Shows how much a handshake from LeBron matters.

ARMIN12NBA
06-01-2009, 12:19 AM
Doesn't that prove us right and you wrong? Shows how much a handshake from LeBron matters.

Lebron can punch someone in the face and he still wouldn't be fired...

Horrible argument from you guys. :laugh: Damn. This is easy.

ThePhillyFour89
06-01-2009, 12:20 AM

Of course they wouldn't cut him because that would be RIDICULOUS. Shaking players hands is not part of his job. I'm just trying to make a simple point.

You take things far too literally, MUH MAN.

ARMIN12NBA
06-01-2009, 12:21 AM
Of course they wouldn't cut him because that would be RIDICULOUS. Shaking players hands is not part of his job. I'm just trying to make a simple point.

You take things far too literally, MUH MAN.

Then why does he say it is a part of his job...Lebron himself.

GCOOKIE7
06-01-2009, 12:22 AM

Sorry I havent seen you make a valid point this whole time.

You must be Kobe because I see the same arrogance and cockiness.
You're so funny with all of ur emoticons too.

Anyway its bedtime in Canada.

Im looking forward to all the extra responses from you in the morning.

ARMIN12NBA
06-01-2009, 12:23 AM
LOL. I love how now people are ignoring how it was still wrong that he did that by justifying it because now it's supposedly not his job. He's still playing the game of basketball and doing this and saying this very publicly, people! :laugh: Hilarious.

ThePhillyFour89
06-01-2009, 12:23 AM

Your argument is absurd. You're honestly trying to say that shaking somebody's hand is part of his job as an NBA player. Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

ARMIN12NBA
06-01-2009, 12:25 AM
Sorry I havent seen you make a valid point this whole time.

You must be Kobe because I see the same arrogance and cockiness.
You're so funny with all of ur emoticons too.

Anyway its bedtime in Canada.

Im looking forward to all the extra responses from you in the morning.

What are the points you have made?

:laugh2:

Seriously. You would have failed this debate. I bring up evidence after evidence after evidence...you guys just disregard it. It's fact (me) versus nothing really. LOL. You guys are just going in circles really.

Me: Ummm...Lebron and Stern say sportsmanship is his job.

You: It's not.

:laugh: Do you see how frustrating that is?

NastyRud

The issue is Lebron is the face of the Cavs. Hell, the NBA is making him the face of the league. Gibson isn't. The biggest stars get the biggest spotlight.

junion
you don't congratulate someone after beating you up - that's true... if someone sneaks up behind you and punches you in the back of the head, you're not going to congratulate them, but this is completely different. you're battling with your nba peers who are also going for the same goal - the ring. he's even friends with dwight from the usa team. look at other sports - the loser takes defeat and shakes hands (usually), even in boxing. just right now on the sports channel, they showed a college baseball team the score was something like 36-4 (or something like that), after the game - handshake and 'good job'. yes, he does not have to do that, but it shows a lot about his character. i forgot who said it, but there was a quote: "you learn more about a person when they're faced with defeat than when they are in the glory of victory" - or something like that.

shaking hands and congratulating is not a rule - it's true it's not a rule, but when you're the face of the nba, and so many kids look up to you, you should - still not mandatory. but when you make a commercial for the nba about sportsmanship, i think it's a given that you should display sportsmanship.

if it were someone else, no one would care - that's true to some extent. no one would care if it's gibson. but since lebron is the leader of the team, of course he takes most the credit/blame. take any leader on any team, and of course people will care. take pretty much any bench player and they won't care. same with celebrities A-lister - people care d-lister no one.

i don't understand the shaking hands and congratulating - it's not meant to embarrass yourself in defeat, it's meant to so respect to your opponent, which also means you're showing respect to the game. the game is bigger than any one player. also the press conference after is to honor the fans (and media) by answering questions. i think lebron will be one of the best, and he already is one of the best players, i would more likely cheer against him than for him though, but i did really want to hear what he had to say after the game, and what he thought, but i was disappointed.

lebron walked out, and he was full of emotion, and i understand that, but the thing that i didn't like was the fact that his explanation was what it was. he said he a winner (that's fine, he has the heart of a winner, a lot of players do, and thats a sign of a great player), but he said he didn't understand why he needs to congratulate and shake hands, and that's what bothered me. i was disappointed. he and the cavs celebrated after wins (even before games with the picture warmup), other teams congratulated him and the cavs when they swept them, and it would be sportsman-like and gentlemen to congratulate the ones who beat you.

that said, yes he is young, and he WILL learn, but right now, he needs to know how big of a gesture this was. but i have faith in him that he'll learn from it and move on and continue to work on being a great player.

ARMIN12NBA
06-01-2009, 12:27 AM
Lebron promotes sportsmaship (pictures of people shaking hands).
Stern promotes sportsmanship.
Sportsmanship is actually important too.

Me: Dude. He should have just exhibited sportsmanship. It's the right thing to do and it's something that he preaches as a part of his job (NBA Cares).

You guys: ZOMG. That SOUNDS so stupid. OMG manz.

Sigh. What has happened to humanity when a perfectly sound argument is fallen on deaf ears?

ThePhillyFour89
06-01-2009, 12:28 AM
Holy ****. How dumb are you?

Dude, that commercial is bull**** and you know it. Stop being an ***.

_KB24_
06-01-2009, 12:29 AM
Holy ****. How dumb are you?

Buddy, leave these little kids alone. They have story time tommorrow and all are too excited. Yeah its not in their job description, but it is their job to represent the NBA On and off the court. It showed no sportsmanship and SPORTMANSHIP is key in SPORTS because it kind of goes hand in hand.

_KB24_
06-01-2009, 12:32 AM
Dude, that commercial is bull**** and you know it. Stop being an ***.

Yeah, i know right. **** the NBA for actually giving a **** and trying to make a difference. What bastards.

NBA_Starter
It is what it is, but I understand where he's coming from and I also understand D12 being a bit surprised that LBJ didn't congratulate him or his team.

ThePhillyFour89
Buddy, leave these little kids alone. They have story time tommorrow and all are too excited. Yeah its not in their job description, but it is their job to represent the NBA On and off the court. It showed no sportsmanship and SPORTMANSHIP is key in SPORTS because it kind of goes hand in hand.

Your buddy says what players do off the court is irrelevant. So apparently you two are in disagreement. I've never denied that sportsmanship is a desirable trait, but it is not a requirement in professional sports. Lebron is doing his job by busting his *** night in and night out on the court. I think it's a tad bit extreme to say that he has failed to represent the NBA by walking off the court after a disappointing loss. You two are some of the most irrational people I've ever witnessed.

WillisLovechild
06-01-2009, 12:33 AM
It's terrible sportsmanship. All I ever see him doing is dancing around taking pictures with his fellow Cavaliers and throwing baby powder in the air. He is a poor sport. Shaking hands is a great gesture recognizing that a good game was played and that integrity was upheld. Refusing to shake hands shows immaturity and classlessness. He can shake hands when he wins but not when he loses? No one else seemed to have a huge problem with it that night. Then there's the part about him being a winner... I suppose he doesn't realize that he hasn't won jack squat, let alone lsoing his most recent contest.

ThePhillyFour89
06-01-2009, 12:33 AM
Yeah, i know right. **** the NBA for actually giving a **** and trying to make a difference. What bastards.

The point is... these players, for the most part, don't care. Stop being naive.

pedestrian_rose
06-01-2009, 12:34 AM
cmon man he has high expectations for his team...when ur that full of frustration and disappointment its just hard to swallow it all
imagine u got beat by a guy for a girl u really like...wud u congratulate him?
its the same thing, few players are as passionate as kobe but cmon u gotta say that lebron is one of those players
he wants that ship as much as anybody...

ARMIN12NBA
06-01-2009, 12:36 AM
Your buddy says what players do off the court is irrelevant. So apparently you two are in disagreement. I've never denied that sportsmanship is a desirable trait, but it is not a requirement in professional sports. Lebron is doing his job by busting his *** night in and night out on the court. I think it's a tad bit extreme to say that he has failed to represent the NBA by walking off the court after a disappointing loss. You two are some of the most irrational people I've ever witnessed.

It's irrelevant towards what they do with the NBA. With the NBA, they talk about sportsmanship and all that jazz. They aren't going around to adults talking about how they should live moral lives.

Why does that matter anyways? Why do you guys keep trying to bring off the court stuff into this? This is about something he did bad in relation to playing in the NBA and this is the NBA forum...not the TMZ forum.

ThePhillyFour89
06-01-2009, 12:39 AM
It's irrelevant towards what they do with the NBA. With the NBA, they talk about sportsmanship and all that jazz. They aren't going around to adults talking about how they should live moral lives.

Why does that matter anyways? Why do you guys keep trying to bring off the court stuff into this? This is about something he did bad in relation to playing in the NBA and this is the NBA forum...not the TMZ forum.

Your fellow Lakers fan brought it up. I'm also fairly confident that the NBA would prefer its players to live decent lives outside of the game. It's all about the image. Stuff that happens on and off the court is relevant. HOWEVER, it isn't their job to be role models.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-01-2009, 12:39 AM
wat a non issue. i dont like lbj. actually i hate lbj and i dont see a problem with it.

he should say congrats or watever, but if he doesnt, o well. wats the big deal?

JIDsanity
06-01-2009, 12:40 AM
I agree with him

_KB24_
06-01-2009, 12:42 AM
The point is... these players, for the most part, don't care. Stop being naive.

How do you know that?? Some of these people actually are humble and not sore losers like Bron.

BTownTeamsRKing
06-01-2009, 12:42 AM
It's terrible sportsmanship. All I ever see him doing is dancing around taking pictures with his fellow Cavaliers and throwing baby powder in the air. He is a poor sport. Shaking hands is a great gesture recognizing that a good game was played and that integrity was upheld. Refusing to shake hands shows immaturity and classlessness. He can shake hands when he wins but not when he loses? No one else seemed to have a huge problem with it that night. Then there's the part about him being a winner... I suppose he doesn't realize that he hasn't won jack squat, let alone lsoing his most recent contest.

u know what hilarious man?

I say this same ish about 5 months ago and i get a hater and i dont know im talking about and lebron is the best and all this BS.

well i still hold the same opinion on this. i dont care about shaking hands, but the dancing and taunting and acting like u have already won really had me cheering for Orlando like a magic fan.

ARMIN12NBA
06-01-2009, 12:43 AM
Your fellow Lakers fan brought it up. I'm also fairly confident that the NBA would prefer its players to live decent lives outside of the game. It's all about the image. Stuff that happens on and off the court is relevant. HOWEVER, it isn't their job to be role models.

No. Actually, the other guy from Canada brought up Kobe's rape trials for some reason.

ThePhillyFour89
06-01-2009, 12:44 AM
How do you know that?? Some of these people actually are humble and not sore losers like Bron.

I agree that some are humble. I was mostly referencing that one ad. I think it's one of those things athletes do to boost their personal image. Of course there are players who care, though. In general terms, the NBA's image isn't a good one.

ThePhillyFour89
06-01-2009, 12:46 AM
u know what hilarious man?

I say this same ish about 5 months ago and i get a hater and i dont know im talking about and lebron is the best and all this BS.

well i still hold the same opinion on this. i dont care about shaking hands, but the dancing and taunting and acting like u have already won really had me cheering for Orlando like a magic fan.

To me, that is a bigger diss to sportsmanship than not shaking hands.

_KB24_
06-01-2009, 12:47 AM

You dont even know what your saying. You say that off the court stuff matters and at the same time your saying that they don't have to be role models. So if they go out to brothels and party it matters but they won't be viewed by millions of kids who consider them role models?

ThePhillyFour89
06-01-2009, 12:48 AM
You dont even know what your saying. You say that off the court stuff matters and at the same time your saying that they don't have to be role models. So if they go out to brothels and party it matters but they won't be viewed by millions of kids who consider them role models?

Can you read, dude? I'm saying the NBA would PREFER it. But it isn't their job to be great people. It's a simple point, really.

_KB24_
06-01-2009, 12:50 AM
I agree that some are humble. I was mostly referencing that one ad. I think it's one of those things athletes do to boost their personal image. Of course there are players who care, though. In general terms, the NBA's image isn't a good one.

The NBA is PROBALLY THE LEAGUE WITH THE BEST IMAGE. Buddy no offense, but everything you've said is crap. The Mlb has now become a disease of controversies. The Nfl is the tough and aggresive league. NHL is just sad nowadays. THE NBA is probaly the only league which has tried and done a good job to keep its image at a high level.

ThePhillyFour89
06-01-2009, 12:54 AM
The NBA is PROBALLY THE LEAGUE WITH THE BEST IMAGE. Buddy no offense, but everything you've said is crap. The Mlb has no become a disease of controversies. The Nfl is the tough and aggresive league. NHL is just sad nowadays. THE NBA is probaly the only league which has tried and done a good job to keep its image at a high level.

A ton of people view the NBA as a league of thugs.

ThePhillyFour89
06-01-2009, 12:56 AM
In terms of image, I'm not talking about fan support. I'm talking about the general public's perception of its athletes.

_KB24_
06-01-2009, 12:58 AM

A ton of people dont as well. Only the stupid, racist people do because the league has a big african american population. No one would be complaining if you saw a league full of luke waltons and ridnours.

ThePhillyFour89
06-01-2009, 01:00 AM
A ton of people dont as well. Only the stupid, racist people do because the league has a big african american population. No one would be complaining if you saw a league full of luke waltons and ridnours.

I'm just saying the perception is there (I don't personally agree). And it's not entirely a racial issue.

ThePhillyFour89
06-01-2009, 01:01 AM
Anyways, dude... good luck to the Lakers. I'm out.

ink
06-01-2009, 01:10 AM

And anyone viewing these hate threads wouldn't have a high opinion of NBA fans either.

Seriously, when do people realize how lame this bickering is????

ink
06-01-2009, 01:12 AM
he didn't say that people in general shouldn't, he made a statement about himself.

And i completely understand where he's coming from.

+1

Basically it's no big deal.

beans439
06-01-2009, 01:13 AM
Thoughts?

i dont think that he should have to congratulate them but show them respect and i dont think that he has disrespected the magic in any way.

MJL
06-01-2009, 01:24 AM
Well, temporarily losing your mind in the heat of the moment is one thing, but making stupid and arrogant follow up comments one night after is really showing your true color LeBron.
I see LeBron shake hands with Hawks and Pistons players, accepting their congradulations, went to the media room sitting pretty and answer questions with big smile and making comments of how great Cavs played after sweeped them.
Now you got beat (you could have been sweeped), and this is your arrogant action and insulting explanation? I can only say...how dare you insulting NBA fans like this!
One conclusion, LeBron is getting arrogant and have a over inflated ego. His butt must be swollen by all those kisses from the sports media and it starts to withdraw his IQ from his brain also!

Food for thought, can you imagine if the player we are talking about is Kobe...

dodie53
06-01-2009, 01:35 AM
you don't have to shake,
just acknowledge them.

knoxinator 3021
06-01-2009, 01:46 AM
congratulations NBA nation, the face of the the league is a sore LOOSER...
it takes more to become a champion than physical gifts, you have to have a championship work ethic, attitude and sportsmanship and 'the king' has none of that, he says he is too competitive to congratulate the eastern conference champions so you can add educated to the list of things LeBron is not

Compete: ORIGIN early 17th cent.: from Latin competere,'to strive or contend for (something) together'