PDA

View Full Version : Would you do this?

_KB24_
05-31-2009, 04:45 PM
I just want to know if you had a mega superstar ( a lebron, kobe, wade, melo) and it was highly possible that they would leave in a year or two, would you trade him?

For Lebron, I know how all you Cleveland fans see him as your savior, but given the whole New York Drama, would you guys consider trading him for a some good pieces? Keep in mind he does not have a no trade clause. So tell me yes or no given the circumstances and for who? You can go all out and the contracts just have to even out. This would never happen but Bynum and Odom for Lebron + filler :)

Vinny642
05-31-2009, 04:48 PM
I think you'd get more trading Wade Melo and Lebron then trading Kobe because of age.
But i'd trade the players you nameds, but Not CP, I wouldn't trade him for anything.

abe_froman
05-31-2009, 04:49 PM
depends on the package that i'd be trading him for.the offer you came up with to get him on the lakers i'd laugh at you if i was cav's gm

_KB24_
05-31-2009, 04:54 PM
Im asking would you consider trading him? Then of course you would be bulleted with all kinds of packages for Lebron.

Eagles_Guy
05-31-2009, 04:55 PM
If I was the owner - No. I'm not sure what the attendance numbers and jersey sales are for the Cavs the last 20 years or so, but I'm willing to bet they've been ALOT better since 2004.

Might as well milk it while they can. Trading Lebron would only piss off the fan base, no player short of Kobe or maybe Wade would make the general fan base satisfied with a trade, and even then.

It's all about $$$. That's why superstars so very rarely get traded. The tickets, the jerseys and all the other merch. The Cavs have how many different colored jerseys? If Lebron wasn't on the team they wouldn't bother.

abe_froman
05-31-2009, 04:56 PM
Im asking would you consider trading him? Then of course you would be bulleted with all kinds of packages for Lebron.

if i was positive he'd leave in fa,yes i would,but the price would be very steep

_KB24_
05-31-2009, 04:58 PM
If I was the owner - No. I'm not sure what the attendance numbers and jersey sales are for the Cavs the last 20 years or so, but I'm willing to bet they've been ALOT better since 2004.

Might as well milk it while they can. Trading Lebron would only piss off the fan base, no player short of Kobe or maybe Wade would make the general fan base satisfied with a trade, and even then.

It's all about $$$. That's why superstars so very rarely get traded. The tickets, the jerseys and all the other merch. The Cavs have how many different colored jerseys? If Lebron wasn't on the team they wouldn't bother.

Yeah, but wouldn't the fan base still be a little ticked if he left for nothing. Im pretty sure they would still support them if they had a competing team and a package for Lebron would certainly help.

what54!?
05-31-2009, 04:59 PM
depends on if the player wants to get traded. If they aren't playing great or have said they want to be traded a year before FA, do it while you can still get value back.

Eagles_Guy
05-31-2009, 05:08 PM
Yeah, but wouldn't the fan base still be a little ticked if he left for nothing. Im pretty sure they would still support them if they had a competing team and a package for Lebron would certainly help.

If your an owner it's not about what they think about Lebron it's what they think about the franchise.

Him leaving in FA - as long as they make him an offer, if he refuses it then so be it, but at least they tryed and it saves face for the franchise. If Lebron is planning on leaving then there is not much they can do about it, and really I think he will. Plus they get the extra year of revenue, and with jerseys at what $80 - $300 a pop, and playoff tickets being mega expensive - for a small market team that has historically been a bottom dweller, that **** means alot at the end of the day.

If they trade him, then that looks like the franchise is the bad guy. Sure you can say "well he was gonna leave anyway", but a key to having a Superstar is to attract new fans as well as retain them. To your average Joe, "the idiots traded the best player in the league" doesn't exactly wanna make you wanna buy a ticket now does it? The long time fans will stay long time fans, but in a small market you have to play the few cards you have very smart. Look at the Browns, they have one of the most loyal fan bases in the NFL, but they still lost their team (regardless if they got it back).

Blah Blah Blah
05-31-2009, 05:26 PM
Depends on what team. The lakers and cavs would prolly never trade their guys but I could see a team like miami and denver doin it. They would have to get a bunch of talent tho. It'll prolly take a gutting of the recieving team of the superstar.

sciferguy
05-31-2009, 05:57 PM
I think its a great question....I would try to trade him if I knew he was leaving or trying to leave. You can get a lot for any of those guys and kobe as well. Age right now doesn't matter too much for kobe because he keeps in great shape and he has 4 more good years left.

28+24+5=3champs
05-31-2009, 06:15 PM
i dont see the cavs being so far out of the playoff chase in the next two years that they would ever consider trading lebron. but just to answer the question i would. it only makes sense to get something instead of nothing

_KB24_
05-31-2009, 06:17 PM
Anyone with anyone good trade ideas?

Vinny642
05-31-2009, 06:21 PM
Lebron and Mo

for

DRose Gordon and Deng

eBayGEEK
05-31-2009, 06:25 PM
Your right, Cavs should trade him to the Knicks for Eddie Curry, Larrry Hughes, Jefferies and we can throw in Herb Williams lol

abe_froman
05-31-2009, 06:26 PM
Lebron and Mo

for

DRose Gordon and Deng

as a bulls fan,i accept! lol

_KB24_
05-31-2009, 06:31 PM
how about Dirk and Howard for Lebron + filler?

Hawkeye15
05-31-2009, 06:45 PM
nope. It is a business. Cleveland will make so much money in the next year from having LeBron there, compared to if they traded him. You don't trade superstars in their primes. Unless you are the Lakers, haha

_KB24_
05-31-2009, 07:06 PM
nope. It is a business. Cleveland will make so much money in the next year from having LeBron there, compared to if they traded him. You don't trade superstars in their primes. Unless you are the Lakers, haha

If your reffering to Shaq, he was past his prime, but still really good.