PDA

View Full Version : Lebron guarding Howard

Supa
05-31-2009, 04:21 AM
Dwight absolutely killed Cav tonight. Seems like none of Cav's bigs can guard him.

I'm wondering why isn't James took upon himself to guard Howard? Sure, he would have given up couple of inches in height and 15 pounds of muscles, but James is big and strong, and a freaking athlete.

Is that defensive matchup not possible? Just wondering.

---

kblo247
05-31-2009, 04:25 AM
Karl Malone vs Yao - 2004 all over again

S.J.Basketball
05-31-2009, 04:54 AM
Did you watch the games? Lebron tried helping on Howard all the time. In fact on some mismatches Lebron WAS on Howard and Howard just ran Lebron over for a dunk everytime. Wouldn't have worked at all.

ragee
05-31-2009, 04:55 AM
Karl Malone vs Yao - 2004 all over again

Nice sig! LMAO

Knowledge
05-31-2009, 05:35 AM
I just dont see how Lebron could have kept Dwight from backing him down. Lebron is big, but Dwight is much stronger. I could see Howard pinning Lebron(whether off the pick and roll or a regular post up) in the paint and catching it in the restricted area all nigh long for an easy jam. This would have created even more rotation responsibilities for Cleveland and more 3pt opportunities for the Magic IMO.

Philly76
05-31-2009, 06:43 AM
Howard still scored 40.. Nobody can guard him. Not at this point, not in this form..

Joshtd1
05-31-2009, 08:18 AM
I was kind of wondering that myself, but I saw a play where Dwight caught the ball with LBJ guarding him, backed him down with one dribble and made an easy left hand layup.

As big and athletic as LBJ is, Dwight is bigger and just as athletic..so no, I dont think he could guard him.

lakers4sho
05-31-2009, 10:36 AM
LeBron has below average footwork, especially on the post, meaning Dwight will just get easy dunks all night long.

m26555
05-31-2009, 10:55 AM
James could not cover Howard; Dwight is just too strong. Did you see when LeBron was on Howard toward the end of the game and was forced to wrap him up? Howard simply overpowered James and LeBron had no choice but to grab him to prevent the dunk.

Hustla23
05-31-2009, 11:02 AM
Lebron might be tremendously strong for a SF, but Dwight is still a lot bigger and stronger.

Wouldn't have been a favorable matchup.

ManRam
05-31-2009, 11:04 AM
I think there is no doubt that he would have done better one on one vs. Howard than Z. Z was getting torched left and right. Why Mike Brown stuck with Z on Howard for the whole series is beyond me. Boston proved you can guard him successfully one on one if you just have a big strong body on him.

m26555
05-31-2009, 11:05 AM
I think there is no doubt that he would have done better one on one vs. Howard than Z. Z was getting torched left and right. Why Mike Brown stuck with Z on Howard for the whole series is beyond me. Boston proved you can guard him successfully one on one if you just have a big strong body on him.
James is not as strong as Kendrick Perkins or Glen Davis. There is no way he would have been able to handle Howard one-on-one.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2009, 11:07 AM
It would cost Cavs more.

Lebron and West were guarding Turkaglu and Lewis. If Lebron were to guard Howard, the Magic would be making more 3's

RaptorsFanatic
05-31-2009, 11:09 AM
Ye, Im pretty sure none of you care about Raptors games in the regular season. BUT JOEY GRAHAM, yes Joey Graham of the Toronto Raptors held Dwight to 18 and 9 in their first meeting. I KNOW this irrelevant to Lebron guarding Dwight, but if Joey can do it Lebron can.

HOLDING DWIGHT TO LESS THAN 20 ppg is better than what he did yesterday. You have to give props to Joey, the dude benches 350+ for a guy who is 1-2/3 size of Lebron.

ManRam
05-31-2009, 11:10 AM
James is not as strong as Kendrick Perkins or Glen Davis. There is no way he would have been able to handle Howard one-on-one.

I don't think he would have come close to stopping him...but Z was straight up swiss cheese. Anyone could have done better than Z.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2009, 11:22 AM
Imagine if they traded Szczerbiak and Pavlovic for Shaq.

This series would be way more interesting.

Probably as exciting as the Bulls-Celtics series.

m26555
05-31-2009, 11:24 AM
Imagine if they traded Szczerbiak and Pavlovic for Shaq.

This series would be way more interesting.

Probably as exciting as the Bulls-Celtics series.
That deal was actually on the table???

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2009, 11:27 AM

Yea cuz the Suns needed some Cap relief but the Cavs wanted to trade Wallace and Pavlovic instead.

They stupid. All it would have cost them was 2 ending contracts for Shaq and they didn't do it.

They would have been unstoppable with Shaq inside and Lebron at the wing.

J-Relo
05-31-2009, 11:39 AM
Yea cuz the Suns needed some Cap relief but the Cavs wanted to trade Wallace and Pavlovic instead.

They stupid. All it would have cost them was 2 ending contracts for Shaq and they didn't do it.

yes i remembered about this trade after Howard just dominated first games... It could have been totally different

Kenny
05-31-2009, 11:56 AM
why the **** would you want james in foul trouble?? seriously!

Joshtd1
05-31-2009, 11:56 AM

Mike Brown really isnt that great of a coach. IMO atleast..

BTownTeamsRKing
05-31-2009, 12:20 PM

from what i heard, the suns were all for it, but the cavs loved wally too much.

_Sn1P3r_
05-31-2009, 01:06 PM
Howard would've killed James still. And about that Shaq trade, that's what I heard too. ^

Blah Blah Blah
05-31-2009, 01:09 PM
It's just that by not guarding howard, james can guard either Lewis or Hedo straight up. Also if he chooses to take Lee or Alston, he can roam a lil bit and get weak side blocks. By guarding howard he is leaving Lewis and Turkoglu to have their way with anyone.

blastmasta26
05-31-2009, 01:22 PM

Wow, that just tells me Cavs management is NEVER gonna get LeBron some real help. Imagine if Shaq and LeBron were on the same team. Magic would have no chance against that, since Dwight Howard isn't very consistent on offense against strong centers. Even with Shaq past his prime, he is still effective.

And if it was Cavs-Lakers, the media would have an even bigger story. Kobe vs. LeBron AND Kobe vs. Shaq.

madiaz3
05-31-2009, 01:23 PM
Hey, I've seen Artest guard a prime Eddy Curry in 06-07 before, I'm sure Lebron can guard Dwight, he weighs only 10 pounds less.

dtmagnet
05-31-2009, 01:57 PM
I remember one of the regular season games the Raptors put Joey Graham on Howard on the defensive end, it actually worked out really well because Joey is such a strong and quick guy (similar body type to Lebron but Lebron is even bigger and faster) I don't see why Lebron couldn't have effectively guarded him.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2009, 06:31 PM
Wow, that just tells me Cavs management is NEVER gonna get LeBron some real help. Imagine if Shaq and LeBron were on the same team. Magic would have no chance against that, since Dwight Howard isn't very consistent on offense against strong centers. Even with Shaq past his prime, he is still effective.

And if it was Cavs-Lakers, the media would have an even bigger story. Kobe vs. LeBron AND Kobe vs. Shaq.

They said they didn't wanna spend a lot of money.

Even though that trade would have kept Lebron in Cleveland and gave them a better chance at the title.

That trade was perfect. They needed a big man and it would have only cost them 2 crappy role players for a 3rd All NBA-team player.

_KB24_
05-31-2009, 06:40 PM
The way Dwight played tonight. not even.......Shaq could stop him...