PDA

View Full Version : NBA is not rigged

BTownTeamsRKing
05-31-2009, 12:19 AM
as one of the biggest conspricasy and toughest critics of NBA refs, I want to say that I was wrong.

The NBA is not rigged. that is all.

IRUAM #21
05-31-2009, 12:20 AM
You fail.

tr4shb0t
05-31-2009, 12:21 AM
yea only Lebron is rigged. not the nba.

superkegger
05-31-2009, 12:23 AM
I'm glad you let us know. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for you to tell us.

carter15
05-31-2009, 12:24 AM
im actually all for this thread...people realising the nba is not rigged and giving up their "beliefs" = good.

theuuord
need i say it again?

still1ballin
you fail.

+1

JordansBulls
05-31-2009, 12:32 AM
as one of the biggest conspricasy and toughest critics of NBA refs, I want to say that I was wrong.

Of course it isn't rigged, but I guarantee you, that we will never have a finals where there isn't a top 7 player in the league on either side. Meaning at least one team will have a top 7 player in the league on the court.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-31-2009, 12:33 AM
I'm glad you let us know. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for you to tell us.

yea i thought so

nah but really no game 7's in the CF's. this league is legit.

theuuord
05-31-2009, 12:33 AM
Of course it isn't rigged, but I guarantee you, that we will never have a finals where there isn't a top 7 player in the league on either side. Meaning at least one team will have a top 7 player in the league on the court.

I think that's because - and you could call me crazy here - great teams generally have great players?

IRUAM #21
05-31-2009, 12:39 AM
I sense a duplicate.

ManRam
05-31-2009, 12:41 AM
If the NBA was rigged and the general public ever found out about it (facts, not this stupid speculation), the NBA as we know it would cease to exist. It's the sport that most heavily relies on officiating, and it's the sport where officiating is by far the toughest. If games were being fixed, the NBA would lose all its credibility. Whether you hate Stern or not, he's not dumb enough to be in the business of fixing games. It would ruin his league, and he'd lose all his money, and his credibility. It's not worth it.

FaceDown91
05-31-2009, 12:46 AM

even though i agree and disagree at the same time, still...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3y3QoFnqZc

MPScribbles
05-31-2009, 12:48 AM
It's not fixed? :faint:

Wait, what about Santa? There is still a Santa Clause right?

pippsux
05-31-2009, 12:49 AM
Sure, and Donahey is the lone renegade ref and no other refs are on the take. :rolleyes:

S.J.Basketball
05-31-2009, 12:57 AM
I think that's because - and you could call me crazy here - great teams generally have great players?

You're insane my friend. Insane.

Hellcrooner
05-31-2009, 01:00 AM
Man did you watch the Olrando vs Cavs series?

they TRIED their best to hand Lebron game 4 in order to make it a 2-2

They tried their best during the whole series but man if a team is VASTLY superior to the other is very difficult to rig it till the end and not looking abovius and cheesy.

If nto for the Refs Cavs woudlnt have had the first seed to start with.

heyman321
05-31-2009, 01:03 AM

Not to be a douchebag.... but REALLY?!

ManRam
05-31-2009, 01:04 AM
Man did you watch the Olrando vs Cavs series?

they TRIED their best to hand Lebron game 4 in order to make it a 2-2

They tried their best during the whole series but man if a team is VASTLY superior to the other is very difficult to rig it till the end and not looking abovius and cheesy.

If nto for the Refs Cavs woudlnt have had the first seed to start with.

The worst officiated games, the ones that favored the Magic, were games 1,3 and 4...the games the Magic won. The best officiated game by far (besides tonight) was game 5. The second best was game 2. Those games the Cavs won.

If the series was rigged to favor the Cavs, the above would make no sense.

And even as a Magic fan, I didn't see anything more than an occasional 50/50 call going the Cavs way. The series was officiated very well. The refs had absolutely positively ZERO impacts on that series.

tr4shb0t
05-31-2009, 01:20 AM
The worst officiated games, the ones that favored the Magic, were games 1,3 and 4...the games the Magic won. The best officiated game by far (besides tonight) was game 5. The second best was game 2. Those games the Cavs won.

If the series was rigged to favor the Cavs, the above would make no sense.

And even as a Magic fan, I didn't see anything more than an occasional 50/50 call going the Cavs way. The series was officiated very well. The refs had absolutely positively ZERO impacts on that series.

So the games Dwight fouled out were officiated fairly? You are not a Magic fan.

Officiating was horrible in this series...almost always in Cav's favor and mostly all the bad calls involved Lebron. I don't think it was rigged at all, but I think the refs were doing three things:

1) keeping the score closer so it was a more interesting series
2) making sure Lebrons stats are good and that he doesn't embarrass himself by tripping the last second of the game
3) extending the series to more games if possible ($)

Everyone could see who the better team was. There is no way anyone in their right mind can say officiating was good this series though.

More-Than-Most
05-31-2009, 01:20 AM
Watch how quickly peoples opinions turn if the Lakers win the series and Kobe has like 300 points a game. Because its Kobe Bryant and because its the lakers people cant help but notion the idea of favoritism. He is the biggest superstar in the nba and they are one of the best franchises in sports and therefor most anti laker fans will eventually come to some sort of conclusion that the nba is rigged. Its just how things are especially now because of how much the cheating card has already been used leading up to the finals. We the fans already have a microscope under the lebrons and the kobes and that's not going to change as long as 1 of the 2 are in the finals. It can be a perfectly clean series though 99.9 percent of the series and then that 1 play will happen in 1 key situation on either side that will change everyone's opinions and take it right back down the cheating road. I am not a lakers fan I am just being real... The conspiracy theory crap will always be there when it comes to the big money making franchises.

roo3flash
05-31-2009, 01:23 AM

why do u say that

theuuord
05-31-2009, 01:25 AM
You're insane my friend. Insane.

this is MADNESSSSSSSS

still1ballin
05-31-2009, 01:27 AM
spartaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

BTownTeamsRKing
05-31-2009, 01:42 AM
alright this thread wasnt meant for u guys to insult each other.

This whole year everyone has been talking about a kobe lebron showdown in the finals. which basically meant F U to 28 other teams. it felt like they were going to get those 2 there at any cost.

but it didnt happen. Im too skeptical sometimes. its just that feeling of "this is too good to be true."

but i guess what we have been watching is infact completely legit (as far as the league at least. gambing refs is another issue).

the Celtics and Lakers remergence was legit and the games were fair. i admit it. i was wrong. and im glad i was wrong.

ntat
05-31-2009, 01:52 AM
yes it is. u just cant rig a game when the team u want to win doesnt even show up to play. it has to be somewhat of a game to put the fix on.

GspLAL
05-31-2009, 10:11 AM

Why? because Lebron lost? so what, this is even a better chance for him to join a big market team.

Chicagofaithful
05-31-2009, 10:20 AM

hahaha

NJrockPD
05-31-2009, 10:59 AM

Yeah, I know it's not rigged and scripted but its definetly influenced by players the league likes.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-31-2009, 11:57 AM
Why? because Lebron lost? so what, this is even a better chance for him to join a big market team.

i thought both series would be influenced to go 7 to make more money. and well it didnt happen and i look stupid.

marlinsfan24
05-31-2009, 12:25 PM
So the games Dwight fouled out were officiated fairly? You are not a Magic fan.

Officiating was horrible in this series...almost always in Cav's favor and mostly all the bad calls involved Lebron. I don't think it was rigged at all, but I think the refs were doing three things:

1) keeping the score closer so it was a more interesting series
2) making sure Lebrons stats are good and that he doesn't embarrass himself by tripping the last second of the game
3) extending the series to more games if possible ($)

Everyone could see who the better team was. There is no way anyone in their right mind can say officiating was good this series though.

:clap:

marlinsfan24
05-31-2009, 12:26 PM
Watch how quickly peoples opinions turn if the Lakers win the series and Kobe has like 300 points a game. Because its Kobe Bryant and because its the lakers people cant help but notion the idea of favoritism. He is the biggest superstar in the nba and they are one of the best franchises in sports and therefor most anti laker fans will eventually come to some sort of conclusion that the nba is rigged. Its just how things are especially now because of how much the cheating card has already been used leading up to the finals. We the fans already have a microscope under the lebrons and the kobes and that's not going to change as long as 1 of the 2 are in the finals. It can be a perfectly clean series though 99.9 percent of the series and then that 1 play will happen in 1 key situation on either side that will change everyone's opinions and take it right back down the cheating road. I am not a lakers fan I am just being real... The conspiracy theory crap will always be there when it comes to the big money making franchises.

I agree, the hatred for Kobe on this forum is unfair.

MiamiHeat
05-31-2009, 12:30 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/29mow8g.jpg

:)

Chronz
05-31-2009, 12:31 PM
All this is, is the team I thought should win, won now I have nothing to complain about.

There is no conpsiracy, Bron got ALOT of LEGIT calls. I still see some people mentionign the trip, since when can you trip a player on the ball and not get called for a foul. Seriously you guys need to join a league or something, you can do so much off the ball, you could probably trip a player and get away with it, so long as its not on the ball.

clehmun
05-31-2009, 12:35 PM

respect :clap:

BTownTeamsRKing
05-31-2009, 12:37 PM
thanks clehmun

im not listenen to anymore conspiracies about rigging the league. maybe some refs still gamble and play favorites, but the league has no secret agenda or anything like that. no games 7 that were fake. none of that.

Aapox
05-31-2009, 12:56 PM
Um, NBA isn't rigged?

Sacramento Kings vs. LA Lakers in what I believe was the 2002 or 2003 Western Conference Finals. I think it was game 5 or something, but it was one of the most disgraceful things I have ever seen. It was completely obvious that the Kings were getting the shaft.

theuuord
05-31-2009, 01:00 PM

stop this madness.

USMCLaker
05-31-2009, 02:04 PM
A man mans up and says that he was wrong and you all pounce on him, I think he deserves some credit instead. However, sense he is a Celtic I can not do that

-jk, good job.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-31-2009, 02:26 PM
Um, NBA isn't rigged?

Sacramento Kings vs. LA Lakers in what I believe was the 2002 or 2003 Western Conference Finals. I think it was game 5 or something, but it was one of the most disgraceful things I have ever seen. It was completely obvious that the Kings were getting the shaft.

that was a crooked ref. not some secret love the league itself had for Kobe.

JIDsanity
05-31-2009, 02:26 PM
Obviously. Everyone was just overreacting, especially Dwight and the Magic. LeBron is a mutant, it is not possible to stop him

LAKERMANIA
05-31-2009, 02:34 PM
I dont understand how it would be rigged if Lebron and the Cavs were to come back and win in 7 games? That would mean the Cavs were the better team!

Anyway glad to see the conspiracy crap is over with.. Unless the Lakers lose of course :D

dre1990
05-31-2009, 02:40 PM
if the nba was rigged and the general public ever found out about it (facts, not this stupid speculation), the nba as we know it would cease to exist. It's the sport that most heavily relies on officiating, and it's the sport where officiating is by far the toughest. If games were being fixed, the nba would lose all its credibility. Whether you hate stern or not, he's not dumb enough to be in the business of fixing games. It would ruin his league, and he'd lose all his money, and his credibility. It's not worth it.

x2

LAcowBOMBER
05-31-2009, 02:48 PM
Congratulations on seeing the light, BTownTeamsRKing. Now if only the others would follow.

And to others, just because Donaghy(sp?) took money does not mean that the NBA is rigged. It means one referee was out to make some money for himself.

LAcowBOMBER
05-31-2009, 02:50 PM

Can you define top player? That just seems like a very obvious statement if you mean top 10

theuuord
05-31-2009, 03:28 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/29mow8g.jpg

:)

^I called this LAST NIGHT.

jesus, people.

abe_froman
05-31-2009, 03:33 PM
of course it's rigged,stern doesnt want(insert name of your fav team here)to win the championship and why isnt(insert name of your fav team here) in the finals,unless its rigged against(insert name of your team here).and(insert name of your favorite player)never get any calls,while(insert name of a player you dont like)always get calls their way :P

J-Relo
05-31-2009, 03:33 PM
Can you define top player? That just seems like a very obvious statement if you mean top 10

... of course there will be top players in each team unless there are team like DETROIT (former), which hadn't superstar but were great all together