PDA

View Full Version : What Does Cleveland Need to do to Keep Lebron?

Pages : [1] 2

Sox Appeal
05-29-2009, 07:25 PM
James (ATL): Win or lose, where does Lebron's performance in this series rank all-time? 41/9/8, 50% fg, with more then a steal and block per game is just sick.

John Hollinger: LeBron is having quite possibly the best playoffs ever. I know some will consider this a sacrilege on multiple levels since his team might be eliminated, but individually he's been completely off the charts.

-ESPN (http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=26663)

lakers4sho
05-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Yeah but his stats were padded when they played against DET and ATL. Not even close to the competition ORL was playing.

The two teams face...voila here we are.

Becks2307
05-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Yeah but his stats were padded when they played against DET and ATL. Not even close to the competition ORL was playing.

Obviously Hollinger is talking Stats and im pretty sure his stats vs the Magic are better than his stats vs the Hawks and the Pistons

superkegger
05-29-2009, 07:42 PM
His stats are great. No doubt.

But if he gets eliminated, it's all kinda for naught. Great individual performances in the playoffs without a ring, for a guy like LeBron, well, the ring is what matters, not having John Hollinger consider his playoffs the best ever.

tr4shb0t
05-29-2009, 07:44 PM
it's pretty damn good, but he gets a TON of calls

DerekRE_3
05-29-2009, 07:44 PM

But if he gets eliminated, it's all kinda for naught. Great individual performances in the playoffs without a ring, for a guy like LeBron, well, the ring is what matters, not having John Hollinger consider his playoffs the best ever.

Yeah, but you can't blame Lebron for what's happened against the Magic. He has done all he can do...his teammates are just not backing him up. If Lebron plays like this and his teammates play like they did during the regular season...they are in the finals easily.

ink
05-29-2009, 07:48 PM

Great to see at least one person giving Lebron some props.

:clap:

Sure it won't mean as much as winning the series, but it's great to see Hollinger providing evidence of the fact that it's not Lebron that is losing the series alone.

There's been so much Lebron hate. I'm not sure which is worse: the hate or the hype.

ggg
05-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Yeah, but you can't blame Lebron for what's happened against the Magic. He has done all he can do...his teammates are just not backing him up. If Lebron plays like this and his teammates play like they did during the regular season...they are in the finals easily.

but they cant specially on the road because championship caliber teams possess another notch on defense come playoffs. Ive said this time n time again, I dont think its his teammates fault, its the coach's lack of knowledge that made the team stagnant and dependent on lebron.

Kenny
05-29-2009, 07:58 PM

HUH? His numbers are by far the best in this series because the games were over in the first 2 rounds early

theuuord
05-29-2009, 08:00 PM

Sure it won't mean as much as winning the series, but it's great to see Hollinger providing evidence of the fact that it's not Lebron that is losing the series alone.

There's been so much Lebron hate. I'm not sure which is worse: the hate or the hype.

Definitely the hate, because at least the hype is warranted.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-29-2009, 08:00 PM
Lebron has been amazing all year. And he somehow improved even more over the past two months. We should all relish what we are witnessing. Its not every day that you see a player like Lebron. If he can get a few rings, I think he might be the best ever. He passes as good as Magic and scores as easily as Jordan. Its like Magic and MJ had a baby and named him Lebron. I can not believe what I'm watching right now. This guy is simply amazing

SwaggaIke
05-29-2009, 08:02 PM
LeBron has been playing at an absurdly high level these playoffs and particularly in this series. Give credit where credit is due.

Hawkeye15
05-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Its too bad Mike Brown can't make the adjustments. If they lose this series, its all for nothing really. But yes, he is playing better than any individual that I can remember since Michael

lakersrock
05-29-2009, 08:07 PM
If he was, they woulda been up 3-1. Sorry, but the NBA takes winning into account for playing good. His team has been terrible in the ECF and that's on him.

dee279
05-29-2009, 08:10 PM
but they cant specially on the road because championship caliber teams possess another notch on defense come playoffs. Ive said this time n time again, I dont think its his teammates fault, its the coach's lack of knowledge that made the team stagnant and dependent on lebron.

I do put alot of it on the coach but the players are playing as happy as they were b4. A lot of heads down for the cavs.

Chronz
05-29-2009, 08:11 PM

His stats have actually gone up in Orlando if Im not mistaken

NYKnickFanatic
05-29-2009, 08:12 PM
It wont matter, if they dont win it all.

NYMetros
05-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Pretty much what everyone else has said. No one will care if they don't win the Finals.

Chronz
05-29-2009, 08:14 PM

Its a shame really, Jerry West was one of the greatest Finals competitors of all-time, and the year he finally won a ring it was bittersweet because he thought he had played better series in the losses. Its the sad truth of the NBA game, people overvalue winning, and dont put enough emphasis in how players win / lose.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-29-2009, 08:14 PM
If he was, they woulda been up 3-1. Sorry, but the NBA takes winning into account for playing good. His team has been terrible in the ECF and that's on him.

I hate to disagree but I dont think you can put that on him. Do you blame Kobe for Fisher, Bynum and Sasha playing like dog crap? There is only so much the star player can do. He cant pass it to them and hit the shots for them. I have seen his teammates miss countless open shots this series.

I guess I'm sticking up for Lebron because I hated when people would say Kobe failed when he could not get out of the first round. He played great against the Suns those two years. But his teammates sucked. I did not blame Kobe then, and I do not blame Lebron now.

Chronz
05-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Pretty much what everyone else has said. No one will care if they don't win the Finals.

To say no one will care is going overvoard, he will have quite a large following.

superkegger
05-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Its a shame really, Jerry West was one of the greatest Finals competitors of all-time, and the year he finally won a ring it was bittersweet because he thought he had played better series in the losses. Its the sad truth of the NBA game, people overvalue winning, and dont put enough emphasis in how players win / lose.

I'm very aware that LeBron has not gotten the help in the playoffs that he did in the regular season, and that if they don't end up with a ring, it is by no means on LeBron's shoulders.

However, winning still matters. And if you were to ask Lebron, was this season a success, if they don't win the ring, I'd venture a guess he'd say no. Actually I'm pretty confident he'd say anything less than a ring is a failure. He's played phenomenal, and that deserves recognition, and it should be appreciated. But the point of all the good play, is to try and win, not just have stellar play for the sake of having stellar play. He's playing the way he is, because he wants to win. If he doesn't win, no matter the reasons, it is not as significant.

Chronz
05-29-2009, 08:38 PM
That gos without saying, what doesnt is exactly how much does it really matter?

The way hes played is worthy of more than just praise as you put it, he has in fact played better than most players did in their title runs. Pierce wasnt as good as Bron has been this year, true or false?

montazingmvp
05-29-2009, 08:45 PM
Lebron has been amazing all year. And he somehow improved even more over the past two months. We should all relish what we are witnessing. Its not every day that you see a player like Lebron. If he can get a few rings, I think he might be the best ever. He passes as good as Magic and scores as easily as Jordan. Its like Magic and MJ had a baby and named him Lebron. I can not believe what I'm watching right now. This guy is simply amazing

well he doesn't pass as well as magic...note the high number of turnovers...

and he doesn't score as well as mj...note the below 50fg%...

nevertheless a great playoff performance...but like its been said, if it results in getting ousted in the ECF it means nothing...

superkegger
05-29-2009, 08:47 PM
That gos without saying, what doesnt is exactly how much does it really matter?

The way hes played is worthy of more than just praise as you put it, he has in fact played better than most players did in their title runs. Pierce wasnt as good as Bron has been this year, true or false?

Very true. And I think anyone would be foolish to say Pierce is the better player just because he has that Finals MVP and a ring, or to say he had a better playoffs for that matter.

I guess I was looking at it from a LeBron vs. the All time greats kind of thing. Not vs. players like Pierce who he is clearly better than. While LeBron is only 24, at some point for him to be put in that level with the Magic's, Bird's and Jordan's, he's got to rack up some titles.

Perhaps it's unfair to measure him up to them at this point, since he is only 24. But when you say someone has the best playoffs ever, it's a pretty lofty title. Now, it's never good to assume things, but should he lose the series, it puts a serious mark on the greatness of it. IMO anyway.

TYoung21
05-29-2009, 08:54 PM

Yea it's LeBron's fault that he's averaging over 40 a game and flirting with a triple double...that's not good enough.

Chronz
05-29-2009, 08:55 PM
If LeBron were to win the title this year, with this group of players Magic and Bird will have nothing on him other than durability (something neither of them had really), and Bron should have no problem matching. He will win a few chips, there is no doubt in my mind. The way hes played these playoffs have all but assured me, the next team Bron takes to the Finals will only need to offer a decent amount of support to win. Say instead of Mo Williams they had a Michael Redd or whatever, just a true all-star on the next tier above.

Chronz
05-29-2009, 08:56 PM
well he doesn't pass as well as magic...note the high number of turnovers...

and he doesn't score as well as mj...note the below 50fg%...

nevertheless a great playoff performance...but like its been said, if it results in getting ousted in the ECF it means nothing...
See kegger this is exactly the type of responses Im talking about

montazingmvp
05-29-2009, 09:04 PM
See kegger this is exactly the type of responses Im talking about

let me guess, i'm hating because i don't think lebron is having a better playoff run than either magic or jordans best...that sure is hating...:rolleyes:

Chronz
05-29-2009, 09:10 PM
let me guess, i'm hating because i don't think lebron is having a better playoff run than either magic or jordans best...that sure is hating...:rolleyes:
Thats quite different than saying it means NOTHING now isnt it?

28+24+5=3champs
05-29-2009, 09:25 PM

What are you talking about??? you cant turn on, read, or listen to espn or any other sports show without everyone saying how great he is. the next jordan? after 5 years in the league and no rings?? lets step back and wait before we annoint him the greatest ever. espn is already calling him a pro bowl NFL wide receiver. its getting ridiculous. of course he is averaging 41. he got to the line 24 times in game 3. thats just too much. yeah he is incredible and hes having a geat series but lets all relax for a minute before we say everything he does is the greatest of all time

ink
05-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Definitely the hate, because at least the hype is warranted.

I'd agree with that.

ink
05-29-2009, 09:28 PM
What are you talking about??? you cant turn on, read, or listen to espn or any other sports show without everyone saying how great he is. the next jordan? after 5 years in the league and no rings?? lets step back and wait before we annoint him the greatest ever. espn is already calling him a pro bowl NFL wide receiver. its getting ridiculous. of course he is averaging 41. he got to the line 24 times in game 3. thats just too much. yeah he is incredible and hes having a geat series but lets all relax for a minute before we say everything he does is the greatest of all time

lol. You'll have to show me where I said that. What are YOU talking about? Whatever it is, you must be in mid-conversation with someone else.

28+24+5=3champs
05-29-2009, 09:31 PM
im not talking about you in particular im just saying its ridiculous to say that its about time some one is giving him props. all he gets is props.

ink
05-29-2009, 09:38 PM
im not talking about you in particular im just saying its ridiculous to say that its about time some one is giving him props. all he gets is props.

Not during these playoffs. The haters have been hating hard during this series.

Hustla23
05-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Lebron's supporting cast is a joke.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-29-2009, 09:50 PM
Lebron's supporting cast is a joke.

???? They are not a joke. They just have had 4 bad games in this series.

Lakersfan2483
05-29-2009, 10:25 PM

He's putting up great numbers right now, but it's not the best ever. Jordan's run in 91, 92, and 93 were just as good, actually better because they won the titles. Also, Hakeem's run in 94, Shaq in 00, Magic in 87, Bird in 86, just some of the legendary playoff runs in recent memory. No doubt Lebron's year has been legendary, but it's not the best ever.

montazingmvp
05-29-2009, 10:35 PM
Thats quite different than saying it means NOTHING now isnt it?

numbers mean nothing when it doesn't equate to success

i mean sure he's putting up great numbers, but what for? to win. and if he doesn't win then the numbers mean nothing...

do you get what i'm saying?

Hustla23
05-29-2009, 10:36 PM
???? They are not a joke. They just have had 4 bad games in this series.

Besides Mo Williams, the rest of the Cavs are terrible.

dre1990
05-29-2009, 10:38 PM
no way in hell hes havimg the best postseason ever

JordansBulls
05-29-2009, 11:02 PM

If he wins the title then sure, but if he loses this series with HCA in no way is it the best ever.

montazingmvp
05-29-2009, 11:38 PM
Besides Mo Williams, the rest of the Cavs are terrible.

and you don't know what you're talking about

Hellcrooner
05-29-2009, 11:38 PM
This remembers me a lot of the 88-90 era, where MJ lead the bulls nowhere but media still was always on his nuts and saying he was making the best numebrs in the playoffs etc etc.

lakersrock
05-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Remember guys....this same "terrible" cast was called the deepest team, the best defensive team and a great supporting cast on the way to the best record in the league. It's hard to have it both ways.

montazingmvp
05-29-2009, 11:41 PM
This remembers me a lot of the 88-90 era, where MJ lead the bulls nowhere but media still was always on his nuts and saying he was making the best numebrs in the playoffs etc etc.

difference being mj was losing to one of the best defensive teams ever, and lebron is losing to the...magic

JordansBulls
05-29-2009, 11:44 PM

MJ never lost with HCA. Lebron is losing with HCA. That is the difference. And you should never lose with HCA because it means you are the favorite.

Everyone picked Cleveland to win this series with ease.

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/JordansBulls/th_CavsvsMagicSeries.jpg

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/matchup/_/teams/magic-cavaliers

In fact only 2 teams that have won 65+ games have not won the title and it was the 2007 Mavs and 1973 Celtics

Guess what if the Cavs don't win it all they fall in that group and it will affect them as it did the Mavs and Celtics in 1973.

These other teams all won the title.

2008 Celtics
2000 Lakers
1997 Bulls
1996 Bulls
1992 Bulls
1987 Lakers
1986 Celtics
1983 Sixers
1972 Lakers
1971 Bucks
1967 Sixers

Hellcrooner
05-29-2009, 11:47 PM
they are still not out.

IM fearing a referee spree that woudl allow them to go trough

Bulls_fan90
05-30-2009, 12:09 AM
Lebron wouldnt even be in the playoffs at the moment if it wasnt for the reffs. Can i just ask, when was the last time Lebron got in foul trouble?

theuuord
05-30-2009, 12:15 AM
difference being mj was losing to one of the best defensive teams ever, and lebron is losing to the...magic

yeah, those magic sure play no defense.

I mean, sure, they had the best defensive rating in the league, allowed the sixth fewest points per game in the league, had the 2nd best three point% and two-point% defense in the league (which, in turn, resulted in the best eFG% against in the league), had the second best defensive rebounding team in the league, had the sixth most blocks in the league, and, oh yeah, the defensive player of the year.

but outside of THAT.....

:rolleyes:

Bulls_fan90
05-30-2009, 12:19 AM

I mean, sure, they had the best defensive rating in the league, allowed the sixth fewest points per game in the league, had the 2nd best three point% and two-point% defense in the league (which, in turn, resulted in the best eFG% against in the league), had the second best defensive rebounding team in the league, had the sixth most blocks in the league, and, oh yeah, the defensive player of the year.

but outside of THAT.....

And your comparing the magic to one of the best defensive teams of all time :laugh:

theuuord
05-30-2009, 12:24 AM
And your comparing the magic to one of the best defensive teams of all time :laugh:

Oh, the 1988-1990 Pistons? The team that never led the league in defensive rating once? The team that saw its defensive numbers benefited from playing the slowest paced offense in the league in 1989 and the second slowest in 1990?

Were they a great defensive team? Yes. Are they beyond comparison to the team that led the team in defensive rating this year and had the defensive player of the year? No.

Nice try though.

JordansBulls
05-30-2009, 12:28 AM
Oh, the 1988-1990 Pistons? The team that never led the league in defensive rating once? The team that saw its defensive numbers benefited from playing the slowest paced offense in the league in 1989 and the second slowest in 1990?

Were they a great defensive team? Yes. Are they beyond comparison to the team that led the team in defensive rating this year and had the defensive player of the year? No.

Nice try though.

Orlando led the league in Defensive Efficiency because of Dwight just like the Celtics led it last year because of Garnett. However the difference is that the Magic have no one who can guard Lebron, whereas those Pistons had like 3 different guys who could guard MJ.
It doesn't matter if Orlando was #1 in defensive efficiency unless they have defenders at those positions to contain a top scorer in the league.

And seriously at least 3 fouls a game called on Dwight are to get him out of the game so that Lebron can get in the paint.

theuuord
05-30-2009, 12:33 AM
Orlando led the league in Defensive Efficiency because of Dwight just like the Celtics led it last year because of Garnett. However the difference is that the Magic have no one who can guard Lebron, whereas those Pistons had like 3 different guys who could guard MJ.
It doesn't matter if Orlando was #1 in defensive efficiency unless they have defenders at those positions to contain a top scorer in the league.

If you're saying Orlando's defense isn't great because they can't guard LeBron in the playoffs, then there are 29 teams in the NBA who don't have great defense.
It's not about guarding one player. It's about guarding five.

Also, it's funny you say that the Pistons had three guys that could guard Jordan, meanwhile Jordan exploded against the Pistons in the playoffs.
http://www.michaeljordansworld.com/gamebygame/gamelog19871988.htm
http://www.michaeljordansworld.com/gamebygame/gamelog19881989.htm
http://www.michaeljordansworld.com/gamebygame/gamelog19891990.htm

But again. it's about guarding five players, not just one, and the Pistons did that well enough. Until Pippen came along, anyway.

Chronz
05-30-2009, 12:34 AM
numbers mean nothing when it doesn't equate to success

i mean sure he's putting up great numbers, but what for? to win. and if he doesn't win then the numbers mean nothing...

do you get what i'm saying?
Just a bunch of random cliches that dont hold any weight. #'s mean alot when it comes at such an impressive rate. Just because he lost doesnt mean he didnt play like a winner, there have been numerous players whove won and played less than admirably. It doesnt make them better performances than LeBrons.

Chronz
05-30-2009, 12:35 AM
Remember guys....this same "terrible" cast was called the deepest team, the best defensive team and a great supporting cast on the way to the best record in the league. It's hard to have it both ways.

Yea they are all those (Except for being the best defensive team), but depth loses its importance in the playoffs, and the Magic are a better defensive team.

Bulls_fan90
05-30-2009, 12:36 AM

Nice try though.

Basketball isnt all bout statistics. But if you want to talk about stats...go look at Lebrons in this series. The magic must be playing great defense if Lebron is averaging 42 points with over 50% shooting.

Nice try tho? :laugh:

Chronz
05-30-2009, 12:36 AM
Bron lost to one of the greatest defensive teams of all-time if it really matters to you. And the Magic are the best defensive team in the league.

theuuord
05-30-2009, 12:37 AM
In case it doesn't sink in:

1988 - 27.4 points, 8.8 boards, 4.6 assists
1989 - 29.7 points, 5.5 boards, 6.5 assists
1990 - 32.1 points, 7.1 boards, 6.6 assists

Those don't look as amazing as LeBron's, but again, that's why Hollinger is saying what he's saying.
And they're still easily MVP numbers.

Chronz
05-30-2009, 12:38 AM
MJ never lost with HCA. Lebron is losing with HCA. That is the difference. And you should never lose with HCA because it means you are the favorite.

Everyone picked Cleveland to win this series with ease.

http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/JordansBulls/th_CavsvsMagicSeries.jpg

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/matchup/_/teams/magic-cavaliers

In fact only 2 teams that have won 65+ games have not won the title and it was the 2007 Mavs and 1973 Celtics

Guess what if the Cavs don't win it all they fall in that group and it will affect them as it did the Mavs and Celtics in 1973.

These other teams all won the title.

2008 Celtics
2000 Lakers
1997 Bulls
1996 Bulls
1992 Bulls
1987 Lakers
1986 Celtics
1983 Sixers
1972 Lakers
1971 Bucks
1967 Sixers

MJBot on full alert

HCA doesnt make you the favorite 100% of the time, how could you continue sticking the same flawed reasoning?

theuuord
05-30-2009, 12:38 AM
Basketball isnt all bout statistics. But if you want to talk about stats...go look at Lebrons in this series. The magic must be playing great defense if Lebron is averaging 42 points with over 50% shooting.

.....and the Cavs are one game away from elimination despite how well LeBron is playing, because the Magic are shutting down everyone else.

sorry, what's your point again?

Bulls_fan90
05-30-2009, 12:56 AM
.....and the Cavs are one game away from elimination despite how well LeBron is playing, because the Magic are shutting down everyone else.

sorry, what's your point again?

Ohhhh congratulations on shutting down these SUPERSTARS

Mo Williams
Delonte West
Anderson Varejao
Big Z
Sasha Pavlovich
The list goes on.....

Whats my point? That the Magic arent one of the best defensive teams ever.

theuuord
05-30-2009, 01:01 AM

Mo Williams
Delonte West
Anderson Varejao
Big Z
Sasha Pavlovich
The list goes on.....

You mean the supporting cast that helped LeBron win 66 games this season? Yes, that supporting cast. They're not the best supporting cast around a superstar in the league, but when they're on they're a very good one.

You seem to forget how the entire Cavs team steamrolled through every team in the league for the first 82 games, and then the first two rounds of the playoffs too. LeBron hasn't slowed down in this series - in fact, he's sped up. The only difference is that everyone else on his team has slowed down, while coincidentally playing the best defensive team in the league.
Hmmmm. I wonder why that might be.

montazingmvp
05-30-2009, 01:09 AM

but outside of THAT.....

did i say the magic play poor defense...?

i agree they're a good defensive team, but are they anywhere close to the bad boy pistons? hell no

ggg
05-30-2009, 01:11 AM
The magics gon go a notch on defense. We havent really seen the magics deny lebron and double him on the entry pass. Lebron is just getting it wherever whenever he wants. As a regular fan, its easy to be fooled with lebron's numbers but I think the magics will pull off a 10-20 lead at the end of the 3rd tomorrow. There is just no way stan van gundy is that ignorant to not double lebron and let pietrus play him 1on1.

ggg
05-30-2009, 01:13 AM
badboy pistons played on a different era where players that can penetrate had it easier. please dont start that kind of arguament.

theuuord
did i say the magic play poor defense...?

i agree they're a good defensive team, but are they anywhere close to the bad boy pistons? hell no

if they aren't close, then why do the Magic have a better defensive rating both in a straight-up comparison AND a better D rating compared to the rest of the teams that year?

the Pistons back then were one of the best defensive teams in the league year in and year out, don't confuse "slow" with "defensive."
just saying.

montazingmvp
Just a bunch of random cliches that dont hold any weight. #'s mean alot when it comes at such an impressive rate. Just because he lost doesnt mean he didnt play like a winner, there have been numerous players whove won and played less than admirably. It doesnt make them better performances than LeBrons.

i guess we can agree to disagree...

but when i stack up my best playoff performances of all time...success is a key factor...my top 10 playoff performances of all time come from players that led their teams to championships...

not players who led their team (admirably) to ecf to only be eliminated or wcf only to be eliminated etc...

Bulls_fan90
05-30-2009, 01:15 AM
You mean the supporting cast that helped LeBron win 66 games this season? Yes, that supporting cast. They're not the best supporting cast around a superstar in the league, but when they're on they're a very good one.

You seem to forget how the entire Cavs team steamrolled through every team in the league for the first 82 games, and then the first two rounds of the playoffs too. LeBron hasn't slowed down in this series - in fact, he's sped up. The only difference is that everyone else on his team has slowed down, while coincidentally playing the best defensive team in the league.
Hmmmm. I wonder why that might be.

You seem to have short term memory loss. I havent said anything about the magic being a bad defensive team. But they arent CLOSE to what the Pistons were. Try getting your facts right before being a smartass.

montazingmvp
05-30-2009, 01:16 AM
Bron lost to one of the greatest defensive teams of all-time if it really matters to you. And the Magic are the best defensive team in the league.

spurs?

montazingmvp
05-30-2009, 01:18 AM

Those don't look as amazing as LeBron's, but again, that's why Hollinger is saying what he's saying.

for mj those aren't close to his stellar playoff series...

like maybe when he avg'd 41ppg...

so i guess the pistons were doing something right...

montazingmvp
05-30-2009, 01:19 AM
MJBot on full alert

HCA doesnt make you the favorite 100% of the time, how could you continue sticking the same flawed reasoning?

HCA or not, the cavs were still being picked by everyone to beat the magic...and they aren't

theuuord
05-30-2009, 01:19 AM
You seem to have short term memory loss. I havent said anything about the magic being a bad defensive team. But they arent CLOSE to what the Pistons were. Try getting your facts right before being a smartass.

Mo Williams
Delonte West
Anderson Varejao
Big Z
Sasha Pavlovich
The list goes on.....

^
i know YOU'RE not talking about being a smartass...lol.

I did a search for the word "Pistons" here and found zero results.
strange.

this year's Magic and the BB Pistons are DEFINITELY comparable. Now, we can either wait 20 years to feel nostalgic about this Magic team and hold them in an aura too, or we can do it now and not waste time. That's what I'm doing.... Feel free to join me, or you can wait until 2029 too.

theuuord
05-30-2009, 01:20 AM
for mj those aren't close to his stellar playoff series...

like maybe when he avg'd 41ppg...

so i guess the pistons were doing something right...

Yeah, because they were a great defensive team. duh. He still put up MVP numbers against him.

montazingmvp
05-30-2009, 01:21 AM
badboy pistons played on a different era where players that can penetrate had it easier. please dont start that kind of arguament.

yes, handchecking made penetration much easier...:rolleyes:

montazingmvp
05-30-2009, 01:23 AM
Yeah, because they were a great defensive team. duh. He still put up MVP numbers against him.

but below avg numbers for him...atleast scoring wise

theuuord
05-30-2009, 01:24 AM
but below avg numbers for him...atleast scoring wise

(am i a broken record?)

championships
05-30-2009, 01:25 AM
It will all be forgotten If LBJ and the Cavs can't move on.

theuuord
05-30-2009, 01:26 AM
It will all be forgotten If LBJ and the Cavs can't move on.

Definitely, because no one remembers MJ's shot against Craig Ehlo.

(at least they won't anymore.....lol.)

championships
05-30-2009, 01:28 AM
Nobody likes a loser, Lebron that is

championships
05-30-2009, 01:31 AM
Definitely, because no one remembers MJ's shot against Craig Ehlo.

(at least they won't anymore.....lol.)

Nobody would remember if he didn't go on and win his 6 championships later on

theuuord
05-30-2009, 01:32 AM
Nobody would remember if he didn't go on and win his 6 championships later on

But they didn't move on in that season......

montazingmvp
05-30-2009, 01:32 AM
maybe the bad boy pistons were better at stopping individual players (superstars) than the magic....

the magic don't really have any defensive stoppers on the perimeter...and the pistons clearly knew how to wear an individual player down with their physicality, it'd be interesting to see how lebron would do against the pistons...my guess would be he'd end up taking lots of jumpers....not good for lebron...but who knows...i wish we could somehow accurately simulate these things...or just use a time machine...lol

Bulls_fan90
05-30-2009, 01:39 AM

Nice try though.

^
i know YOU'RE not talking about being a smartass...lol.

I did a search for the word "Pistons" here and found zero results.
strange.

this year's Magic and the BB Pistons are DEFINITELY comparable. Now, we can either wait 20 years to feel nostalgic about this Magic team and hold them in an aura too, or we can do it now and not waste time. That's what I'm doing.... Feel free to join me, or you can wait until 2029 too.

Wow, you seem to change your argument alot. And you couldnt find the word "pistons"? Must have spelt it wrong :laugh:

Btw you dont seem to be getting much support here, but i guess you know better than everyone else. :cool:

theuuord
05-30-2009, 01:42 AM
Wow, you seem to change your argument alot. And you couldnt find the word "pistons"? Must have spelt it wrong :laugh:

talking about your posts, not mine.

oh and by the way: saying "Must have spelt it wrong" and then laughing afterwards HAS to be the definition of irony, right?
You = fail

Btw you dont seem to be getting much support here, but i guess you know better than everyone else. :cool:

Support from who? You, who has provided no evidence, and monta, who has already acknowledged that they're comparable by comparing them?

You = failx2!

ARMIN12NBA
05-30-2009, 01:50 AM
It's hard to evaluate his play truthfully. I'm trying to determine whether him going after his statistics is hurting his teammates and team (going away from reg. season formula) because it is out of the flow of the offense or he is simply trying to get larger stats because he has to do it. I'm not sure.

Bulls_fan90
05-30-2009, 01:52 AM
talking about your posts, not mine.

oh and by the way: saying "Must have spelt it wrong" and then laughing afterwards HAS to be the definition of irony, right?
You = fail

Support from who? You, who has provided no evidence, and monta, who has already acknowledged that they're comparable by comparing them?

You = failx2!

You = fail? Im sorry but that may be the most pathetic response i have ever heard on this forum. Ohhh wait sum dumbass claimed that Orlando were a better defensive team than the great Pistons team....now thats pathetic.

theuuord
05-30-2009, 01:57 AM
You = fail? Im sorry but that may be the most pathetic response i have ever heard on this forum. Ohhh wait sum dumbass claimed that Orlando were a better defensive team than the great Pistons team....now thats pathetic.

talk about being a smartass again....

Is it my fault that your replies are dumb? Don't blame me for calling YOU out, blame yourself for having no evidence. lol.

Please tell me when I said Orlando was a better defensive team. (Hint: don't look. it's not there.) What I did say is that they were comparable. And they are. If you're still too dumb to figure out that's what I said AND that it's true, you have a lot more worries than trying to say something is pathetic when it's not.
(Nice try though.)

2009 Orlando Magic gave up 101.9 points per 100 possessions, league average was 108.3.

1988 Detroit Pistons gave up 105.3 points per 100 possessions, league average was 108.
1989 Detroit Pistons gave up 104.7 points per 100 possessions, league average was 107.8.
1990 Detroit Pistons gave up 103.5 points per 100 possessions, league average was 108.1.

There are a few more factors, but no matter how you slice it the Magic allowed 2-4 fewer points per possession in a slightly higher-scoring league than the Pistons every single year of that Bad Boy era.

Sorry dude. That's the definition of "comparable."

theuuord
05-30-2009, 02:02 AM
It's hard to evaluate his play truthfully. I'm trying to determine whether him going after his statistics is hurting his teammates and team (going away from reg. season formula) because it is out of the flow of the offense or he is simply trying to get larger stats because he has to do it. I'm not sure.

It doesn't seem to be out of the flow of the offense, considering most of the flow of the Cavs offense is "give that LeBron guy the ball and whatever he does with it will probably win us the game." Just that everything in the playoffs is magnified - especially for superstars.

So far with the way his supporting cast has played in this series he has to do it. In the first two series' it was much different, because the team was playing like a well-oiled machine. The Magic have disrupted that, and as a result LeBron has to put more on his shoulders.

Bulls_fan90
05-30-2009, 02:05 AM

Is it my fault that your replies are dumb? Don't blame me for calling YOU out, blame yourself for having no evidence. lol.

Please tell me when I said Orlando was a better defensive team. (Hint: don't look. it's not there.) What I did say is that they were comparable. And they are. If you're still too dumb to figure out that's what I said AND that it's true, you have a lot more worries than trying to say something is pathetic when it's not.
(Nice try though.)

2009 Orlando Magic gave up 101.9 points per 100 possessions, league average was 108.3.

1988 Detroit Pistons gave up 105.3 points per 100 possessions, league average was 108.
1989 Detroit Pistons gave up 104.7 points per 100 possessions, league average was 107.8.
1990 Detroit Pistons gave up 103.5 points per 100 possessions, league average was 108.1.

There are a few more factors, but no matter how you slice it the Magic allowed 2-4 fewer points per possession in a slightly higher-scoring league than the Pistons every single year of that Bad Boy era.

Like i said stats dont mean everything. The Piston team went on to defeat the greatest player to every play the game and win CHAMPIONSHIPS. Orlando havent even got to the finals yet, let alone win mulitple championships. Currently the Magic arent even close to the defensive team the pistons had.

montazingmvp
05-30-2009, 02:06 AM

(Nice try though.)

yes, there definitely are other factors that these stats do not portray

theuuord
05-30-2009, 02:08 AM
Like i said stats dont mean everything. The Piston team went on to defeat the greatest player to every play the game and win CHAMPIONSHIPS. Orlando havent even got to the finals yet, let alone win mulitple championships. Currently the Magic arent even close to the defensive team the pistons had.

let me get this straight.

you want to make up your own criteria for how good a defensive team is, instead of how many points the team gave up per possession?

lol.
you already lost.

They won championships because they were a great defensive team but a very good offensive team as well. A better offensive team than the Magic this year.
How are you going to pretend that they only reason they won was because of defense? They didn't only play one side of the floor for 48 minutes.

theuuord
05-30-2009, 02:09 AM
yes, there definitely are other factors that these stats do not portray

That's the definition of "comparable."

(I AM a broken record!)

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 02:12 AM
If Lebron's havin the best playoffs ever it would end with a ring on his finger. Not a stat sheet and another trip home.

ARMIN12NBA
05-30-2009, 02:19 AM
It doesn't seem to be out of the flow of the offense, considering most of the flow of the Cavs offense is "give that LeBron guy the ball and whatever he does with it will probably win us the game." Just that everything in the playoffs is magnified - especially for superstars.

So far with the way his supporting cast has played in this series he has to do it. In the first two series' it was much different, because the team was playing like a well-oiled machine. The Magic have disrupted that, and as a result LeBron has to put more on his shoulders.

It seems out of the flow of their offense that they adapted in the regular season. They are running more Isolations (a la 2006-2008) than the slightly more structured offense (a la 2009).

theuuord
05-30-2009, 02:36 AM
It seems out of the flow of their offense that they adapted in the regular season. They are running more Isolations (a la 2006-2008) than the slioghtly more structured offense (a la 2009).

I'd research this but frankly I'm tired. Do you have any concrete evidence that this is true?

ARMIN12NBA
05-30-2009, 02:41 AM
I'd research this but frankly I'm tired. Do you have any concrete evidence that this is true?

It's pretty damn obvious that they are running more isolations and Lebron is taking a hell of a lot more shots.

Bulls_fan90
05-30-2009, 02:42 AM
let me get this straight.

you want to make up your own criteria for how good a defensive team is, instead of how many points the team gave up per possession?

lol.
you already lost.

They won championships because they were a great defensive team but a very good offensive team as well. A better offensive team than the Magic this year.
How are you going to pretend that they only reason they won was because of defense? They didn't only play one side of the floor for 48 minutes.

Wow you just dont give up do you. Simple fact...The pistions were a better team Defensively than the current magic. Fell free to make a thread asking who had the better defensive team. I can guarantee you will lose.

theuuord
05-30-2009, 02:48 AM
Wow you just dont give up do you. Simple fact...The pistions were a better team Defensively than the current magic. Fell free to make a thread asking who had the better defensive team. I can guarantee you will lose.

oh my god, dude, are you this thick?

can you please tell me where I said the Magic were without a doubt a better defensive team than the Pistons of that era?

Oh wait. You can't. Because I NEVER DID.

what I said is that they were comparable, which is true, if you look at any "fact" (by the way, your definition of fact is beyond idiotic) that compares the two.

you're way too defensive about a team I'm betting you never saw play in real time.

+1 making polls on PSD never reveals fact. it reveals opinions. a lot of people here have dumb opinions that aren't based in fact.

theuuord
05-30-2009, 02:48 AM
It's pretty damn obvious that they are running more isolations and Lebron is taking a hell of a lot more shots.

I agree, but I personally would want to see the actual difference.

ARMIN12NBA
05-30-2009, 02:50 AM
I agree, but I personally would want to see the actual difference.

What do you mean?

theuuord
05-30-2009, 02:52 AM
What do you mean?

I mean percentage of possessions as well as successful possessions (or points scored per possession, whichever) when they ran LeBron isolations as opposed to anything else in the regular season this year compared to the playoffs.

(And yes, there are people that measure those things.)

Seamhead
05-30-2009, 02:53 AM
Wow you just dont give up do you. Simple fact...The pistions were a better team Defensively than the current magic.

Yeah. It's a simple fact backed up by ZERO facts....:laugh: Sorry, but you can't be throwing the "fact" word around when all you've done to back up your statement is the repetition of your statement.

Fell free to make a thread asking who had the better defensive team. I can guarantee you will lose.

Yeah, because common conceptions are the way to go. Not, you know, facts. I feel like I clicked on the MLB forum instead of NBA.

ARMIN12NBA
05-30-2009, 02:58 AM
I mean percentage of possessions as well as successful possessions (or points scored per possession, whichever) when they ran LeBron isolations as opposed to anything else in the regular season this year compared to the playoffs.

(And yes, there are people that measure those things.)

Considering the fact that the Cavs did run less isolations during the regular season and they were more successful, I would figure that they are more efficient when Lebron gets everybody involved early.

JordansBulls
05-30-2009, 08:58 AM

Lebron was the favorite in this series and is currently losing to an inferior team who is missing it's star PG.

JordansBulls
05-30-2009, 08:59 AM
MJBot on full alert

How is it flawed when everyone picked the Cavs to easily win this series and when they won 66 games?

There is no way in hell you can tell me a team that won less than 60 games is favorite over a team that won 65+ games.

JJ_JKidd
05-30-2009, 09:28 AM
He is a stat whore!!! He cares about nothing but stats! Plus, he writes for ESPN (you know). Well if you score like 40/10/10 and your team gets eliminated in the first round,,, he still gonna praise you. What a MOFO!!!

fredv
05-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Another one of these. Best one so far IMO. "My bad brother allergies.." :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDMUs3oc0Ik&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2F2009%2F05%2Fnike-basketball-mvp%25e2%2580%2599s-kobe-lebron-lil-dez-commercial%2F&feature=player_embedded

D_Rose1118
05-30-2009, 11:36 AM
funny as hell

tkshy
05-30-2009, 11:58 AM
I really didn't like the other ones. THAT ONE...IS FUNNY AS HELL!!!

Becks2307
05-30-2009, 12:06 PM
great commercials this one is the best...they just keep getting better and better

MiamiHeat
05-30-2009, 12:15 PM
I didn't find it funny...
annoying...yes
funny....no

theuuord
05-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Lebron was the favorite in this series and is currently losing to an inferior team who is missing it's star PG.

And the way you worded this proves not only your problem but pretty much everyone's.

No he wasn't.

The Cavs were favored.

Flamarlins21
05-30-2009, 12:56 PM
I didn't find it funny...
annoying...yes
funny....no

nice sig papi. We all just wanna be Successful

ink
05-30-2009, 12:56 PM
And the way you worded this proves not only your problem but pretty much everyone's.

No he wasn't.

The Cavs were favored.

I agree. The Cavs are losing as a team. Lebron is doing everything (and more) to prevent that from happening.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-30-2009, 01:04 PM
I think he is talking about just the Magic series.

Seamhead
05-30-2009, 01:32 PM
If you're going to discredit LeBron because he's down in the series, then it's only fair to give him full credit for all of the Cavs wins. What an amazing player. He's worth 66 wins alone!

madiaz3
05-30-2009, 01:35 PM
It is true that the Magic without Nelson were not supposed to be contenders, while the Cavs certainly were the immediate favorites of the east by far as soon as KG went down.

KmB728
05-30-2009, 02:17 PM
"Lebron can you explain to me the crab dribble!" :laugh2:

This is one of the few Kobe Lebron commercials i like

Arizasensation
05-30-2009, 02:22 PM
The idea of Kobe and Lebron as buddies is a funny concept....I just wish they used guys with voices that sound more like them. It totally takes you out of the reality when you hear guys that don't even sound like them at all.

Raidaz4Life
05-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Lol that was a good one

GREATNESS ONE
05-30-2009, 02:24 PM
you got over 20 triple doubles can I have 1 ?

uncblue2332
05-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Kobe you ever ate an Empanada???

Fool
05-30-2009, 03:13 PM

is that a joke?

dawkinit
05-30-2009, 03:18 PM
that was annoying but funny as hell

GrandDaddyPurp
05-30-2009, 03:22 PM
not even going to lie, funny!

Vinny642
05-30-2009, 03:24 PM
decently funny pretty annoying

RaiderLakersA's
05-30-2009, 03:44 PM
I have a nephew like that. Hilarious!

basketfan4life
05-30-2009, 03:53 PM
i think people are missing an important point...all the time everybody's been talking about how he makes his teammates better,now his supporting cast playing awfully,no one blames LeBron...the problem is he is playing with the ball way too much...making teammates better is not assiting them for an open shoot...they are not your shooting machines...

you have to let them play with the ball,let them gain some confidence...sometiimes you have to go to right when your teammate has the ball on the left side,create him some space without having the ball.Kobe does this a lot of tme in a game,you can say he shoots as much as lebron,but that's not my point,you can see 20-30 plays a game that Kobe doesn't even touch the ball,with the experience he gained all these years,he figured that out...

İ see people have a lot of hope in Bron,thinking he is the next one and never blame him whatever the reason is...but this doesn't help him,he can't learn stuff this way...so all i am saying is,just let your teamates play with the ball and don't touch it when it's not necessary..

for example:mo will now thinks,he is playing well if he makes shots and bad if he misses..but he is an allstar calibre player and can help your team in a lot of ways with the ball..

JabberJaw
05-30-2009, 03:53 PM

The hype, by far. The guys on top always have their haters, but Lebrons hype is ridiculous. As great as he is, every little thing he does is magnified to the highest degree. Their is clearly a double standard when it comes to Lebron and the rest of the league. You have guys like Wade and Howard who only get mentioned as an afterthought when it comes to Lebron. Wade had a great statistical season and led his terrible team to a playoff berth. There has been much more pressure and focus put on Wade, yet Lebron is the one getting all the praise (MVP and 2nd in defensive POY). Not saying that Lebron didn't have the best season, individually, in the season...but it wasn't as clear cut as everyone tried to make it. And the fact that Lebron finished #2 in the DPOY is hilarious. He has come a long way from where he was before, but being a great weakside defender does not garner DPOY honors. I am a huge Lebron James fan, but I think he is being handed too much too early. He does have a chance to go down as one of the greatest, if not the greatest, player to ever play the game....but let him earn it. His one on one defense is not top notch. He gets a ton of steals and blocks from leaking off his man (who is usually not the top player) and making the play. He is a human highlight reel, but has yet to develop into this player that ESPN and everyone on the Lebrontrain is trying to make him out to be. I saw a stat that showed Lebron leading the league in fg% inside 4 ft, but outside of that he is below the league avg. He is getting better as a shooter, but if you look he has a virtually non-existant midrange game and is not very good from 3. All his points are in the paint where he gets a majority of calls.
This debate can go on and on, but I truly think that the hype outweighs the haters 10 to 1. You can see it first hand, considering the fact that if someone like Kobe or Wade or whoever were putting up monster numbers and "should have" been swept in the ECF then they wouldn't have even brought attention to the individual performence. Yet we have guys like Hollinger talking about how he might have had the best postseason ever, and he hasnt even made the finals yet, and played two terrible teams before Orlando. Great playoff performences are saved for those guys who win the title or took his team to the finals and came up just short. Orlando should have swept the Cavs, had Van Gundy had any sense to put some ball pressure on the inbounder. Let the man earn his title before just giving it to him. He is too young to have such a sense of entitlement. He will end his career with multiple championships and mvps. There is no rush.

ink
05-30-2009, 04:13 PM
is that a joke?

Add "lately" to the phrase. He's been getting very little but hate in here. He's earned respect.

fishfan79
05-30-2009, 04:14 PM
wade a few years ago was better carrying his team to win it all imo and a few better preformances still in the past from magic to jordan

But pure numbers sure lebron is up there but when they lose tonight they are still out of it, despite how much love he gets for things. Orlando is the better team here.

Blah Blah Blah
05-30-2009, 04:46 PM
Regardless of what is said of Lebron's series numbers, it will mean nothing if cleveland gets eliminated b4 the finals. It will be forgotten for the most part.

rapswin98
05-30-2009, 08:17 PM
annoying but funny

theuuord
05-30-2009, 08:29 PM
I loooove these commercials.

"LeBron you have twenty triple-doubles, can I haaaaaaave one?"

:laugh:

championships
05-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Kobe puppet is going to have to evict Lebron puppet and let Dwight Howard puppet move in soon.

dee279
05-30-2009, 09:32 PM
i like dem all fo real

lakersfan211
05-30-2009, 11:08 PM
most of us know now he probably will , he played his *** off in this playoffs and where did get him nowhere because he has a bunch of scrubs on his team that dont know how to help a superstar out , mo williams is overrated , wally is washed up , delonte west is a bench player and ben wallace is a shell of himself , most people said all year lebron has help now , i said all along it isnt enough when it comes down to it and i was right , lebron a little word of advice leave cleveland now you will never win anything their , dont waist your career .

Kenny
05-30-2009, 11:09 PM
they have no low post scorer..

bomber0104
05-30-2009, 11:11 PM
yeah he gaun. NYK wouldnt be much better

what54!?
05-30-2009, 11:12 PM
They gotta get a scoring PF over there.

superkegger
if you were lebron, you wouldn't post here

ManRam
Unless they bring in a mega star, preferably a big man, like Amare...or even a guy like Boozer...he has to go. He's waited long enough. He's done so much for Cleveland sports. The team has done nothing to help him win. The fact that he's gotten as far as he has in the playoffs is a testament to his amazingness. No player in the NBA can do so much with so little.

Always thought he should stay...but I'm beginning to think there's no hope.

koreancabbage
05-30-2009, 11:17 PM
i would stay in Cleveland if i was him. Small market town with a big star. it makes the NBA much better overall.

but it's his hometown and he has some unfinished business to do. i would at least try to win one championship with Cleveland before moving on. give something back to the city to cherish.

they just need to reload for a low-post scorer and they're set. they're biggest mistake was trading / signing (whatever it was) Ben Wallace. They're way over the salary cap (@ $91Million and $71 Million next year) and you can probably expect the same line-up next year barring trades.

Lost Art
05-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Seriously, the guy is a FANTASTIC PLAYER..........but the media coverage on this guy was absolutely DISGUSTING this postseason!!!!! I've never seen so much hype, such a big ego, and such little respect for an opponent that just mopped the floor with the team that is getting all of the media coverage. Seriously, with the way that the media was celebrating every little thing that Lebron did you'd think that they were walking all over the Magic..........but no, they were down 3-1 and yet still all we heard about was Lebron. We had Jon Barry doing a virtual tutorial on how to guard Lebron, we had a 30 minute pregame special all focused on Lebron, and we had Rachel Nichols spewing Lebron hype like nothing that I've ever heard. I also think that I could see Lebron's head growing by the minute, literally (seriously what is up with this guys neck and jaw bone? He looks like EJ when he had that bout with cancer). Once he started referring to himself in the 3rd person I was fed up. Can we get some love for Dwight Howard? Can we get some love for the Magic? Can we finally quit comparing Lebron to every all-time great on the planet? He's a great player, but this is getting ridiculous. IT MUST STOP.........and now, I hope it will.

........at least until next season :(

Is it just me?

superkegger
05-30-2009, 11:18 PM
i would stay in Cleveland if i was him. Small market town with a big star. it makes the NBA much better overall.

but it's his hometown and he has some unfinished business to do. i would at least try to win one championship with Cleveland before moving on. give something back to the city to cherish.

they just need to reload for a low-post scorer and they're set. they're biggest mistake was trading / signing (whatever it was) Ben Wallace. They're way over the salary cap (@ $91Million and $71 Million next year) and you can probably expect the same line-up next year barring trades.

I somehow doubt LeBron cares what is best for the NBA overall. He's more concerned with what is best for him

koreancabbage
can we stop having these threads opened up for no reason?

if you don't talk about it, noone will

theuuord
of course not.

</thread>

superkegger
05-30-2009, 11:20 PM
The LeBron madness will only get madder now.

This loss will fuel so much speculation on 2010. It's going to be maddening.

carter15
ur doing just what u want people not to do.

Vinny642
I was never apart of it so you guys can ;)

koreancabbage
05-30-2009, 11:21 PM
I somehow doubt LeBron cares what is best for the NBA overall. He's more concerned with what is best for him

obviously. that wasn't the point i was trying to make. it was two points, two sentences.

lebron is going to do what he has to do. he's going to get the same hook-ups from companies regardless where he plays. no point of going to NYK if you're still not going to win a championship

Jonathan2323
05-30-2009, 11:21 PM
Wade is better.

pete_one
05-30-2009, 11:24 PM
lebron james going to new york knicks ?

theuuord
05-30-2009, 11:25 PM
Wade is better.

evidenced by what, exactly?

IRUAM #21
05-30-2009, 11:26 PM
No, Lebron is the best player ever in the history of the universe. We must talk about him all the time.

Hellcrooner
05-30-2009, 11:26 PM
I wish this served to make people open their eyes and realize that the Player x vs palyer Y thng is stupid players DONT win games TEAMS do and you CANT win a championship relying in just ONE superbs star .

king4day
05-30-2009, 11:27 PM
Did you mean, "If I was Cleveland, I would say goodbye to Lebron"? That'd make more sense.

I really think The Cavs are gonna make a heavy push for Shaq this offseason. They need to do whatever is necessary to get a ring. Shaq is their best chance.

I'd want Hickson. Not sure how high the Cavs are for him but if he's not part of the deal I wouldn't wanna bother.

MJ-BULLS
if were lebron ill will say goodbye cleveland and hello chicago :D, but seriously that will be sweet

pete_one
the knicks would have enough money to sign two franchise players - lebron james and pair him up with an all star big man, he'll surely be successful if the knicks are able to do that

NotVeryOriginal
05-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Seriously, the guy is a FANTASTIC PLAYER..........but the media coverage on this guy was absolutely DISGUSTING this postseason!!!!! I've never seen so much hype, such a big ego, and such little respect for an opponent that just mopped the floor with the team that is getting all of the media coverage. Seriously, with the way that the media was celebrating every little thing that Lebron did you'd think that they were walking all over the Magic..........but no, they were down 3-1 and yet still all we heard about was Lebron. We had Jon Barry doing a virtual tutorial on how to guard Lebron, we had a 30 minute pregame special all focused on Lebron, and we had Rachel Nichols spewing Lebron hype like nothing that I've ever heard. I also think that I could see Lebron's head growing by the minute, literally (seriously what is up with this guys neck and jaw bone? He looks like EJ when he had that bout with cancer). Once he started referring to himself in the 3rd person I was fed up. Can we get some love for Dwight Howard? Can we get some love for the Magic? Can we finally quit comparing Lebron to every all-time great on the planet? He's a great player, but this is getting ridiculous. IT MUST STOP.........and now, I hope it will.

........at least until next season :(

Is it just me?

Dont be silly, hell still get a 30 minute special before game 1 of the finals, hell prob get in onthe commentating where Jeff and the gang will drool over him, "Oh kobe makes a massive three, not quite as big as your game winning shot tho LeBron" and, "Dwight slams it down, he's really letting them know whos the boss. Ive got a feeling that youre just dying to strap up and go out there and show LA how to defend this guy arent you LeBron?"

Hell prob also hand over the throphy to the winner so they can comment on how good he look with the trophy in his hands. And minutes, nay....seconds, after the last game has finished, BSPN will start with the "only 1 more year till he hits the market, can Cleveland keep the greatest thing since slice bread in Ohio or will the curse continue?"

jwm923
Getting a scoring PF is not that easy. I hate hearing that because there are very few of them in the league.

Does anyone else feel that if Lebron bolts for another team it will dramatically affect his legacy. Jordan and Kobe both stuck with their teams. While Kobe came into a good situation but both of them allowed the teams to be built around them.

Some of the blame has to be put on Lebron also. His weakness has become very evident. Defenders give him 5 feet of space and he still will not pull of for a jumper outside of 15 feet. When he does put it up from range his percentage is terrible. I have seen no improvement in his jump shot consistency since he entered the league. His shot percentage has increased due to his shot selection, but his consistency has not improved.

Verbal Christ

curious to know what makes you think that.

Vinny642
05-30-2009, 11:29 PM
No, Lebron is the best player ever in the history of the universe. We must talk about him all the time.

Over Blount are u serious???? Think twice before u post man.

Hellcrooner
05-30-2009, 11:29 PM
I mean, after this year he must be really thinking about leaving. His chances of winning next year ring with Toronto retooling, Orlando adding Vazquez, Celtics being healthier Phillie being more coordinated and BUlls probably adding Sotu or Bosh are like 5%.

So what do they do? wait the year and see him go out for FREE and leaving them with a lot of cap and NO FA wating to play for them?

Or do they try to make a decent deal now? some veteran help, some expiring and some young dude of value and or picks?

Dynasty
05-30-2009, 11:30 PM
come to the Brooklyn Nets :)

superkegger
just what we needed. wooo. more lebron threads. woooo

IRUAM #21
No, they wont trade him.

Verbal Christ
yea god forbid the NBA pay more attention to the MVP. give me a break. oh yea and lets just go ahead and overlook the fact that he arguably had one of the best playoffs in history, and put the cavs on his shoulders and did everything humanly possible to win.

Hellcrooner
05-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Should the Cavs say bye bye to lebron and TRADE him whule they can still get something for him instead of losing him for NOTHING?

Thats the real question.

Jonathan2323
yes for Mark Blount.

IRUAM #21
Over Blount are u serious???? Think twice before u post man.

Silly me :bang:

jetsfan89
personally, i would give this guy alot of attention considering he was a one man team this entire series.

IRUAM #21
05-30-2009, 11:32 PM
yes for Mark Blount.

Wow, the Heat are getting ripped off.

Jonathan2323
evidenced by what, exactly?

Wade has actually led a team to a championship

Dynasty
I agree with the OP, I felt bad for the Magic, that's why--as big as a Lebron fan I am and want him to sign with the Nets--I wanted the Magic to win.

king4day
05-30-2009, 11:33 PM
Nope. They should try and get Shaq.
If they can add a low post scorer like Shaq, they win this series and can't be stopped.

theuuord
stop this madness.

Vinny642
Silly me :bang:

Lucky u got me giving u a friendly reminder

theuuord
05-30-2009, 11:34 PM

compare the supporting casts, please.

superkegger

His wanting to be the first billionaire athlete for one. That he hasn't committed to the Cavs for another. Few players these days are just looking to do what is best for the league and their team when they're FA's. They're looking for the best situation for them, both playing wise and financial wise. LeBron has shown me didly to say he cares about the best interest of the league or the Cavs when he becomes a FA.

IRUAM #21
stop this madness.

Im gonna start using that one :D

Jonathan2323
Nope. They should try and get Shaq.
If they can add a low post scorer like Shaq, they win this series and can't be stopped.

that is true and they had the chance to do it and didn't

theuuord
05-30-2009, 11:35 PM
Im gonna start using that one :D

i swear if you search my last 200 or so posts that's there at least 30-40 times.

NotVeryOriginal
05-30-2009, 11:35 PM
if you were lebron, you wouldn't post here

Lulz, funny guy :laugh:

Cause despite what BSPN says, he is human and humans always look out for themselves or if theyre alturistic, their family.

In New York he will get more chedda

Verbal Christ
05-30-2009, 11:36 PM
if the cavs dont give him a legitimate second option this offseason he's probably gone, he wants to be loyal to the team but i cant see him continue to kill himself on the court while he's surrounded by backup help on the starting 5. if the cavs dont get something done im sure he'll be all for a trade to allow cleveland to remain competitive, thats the kind of guy he is. he wouldnt ***** and moan to the media with girly threats about leaving town if he doesnt get any help, you know a class guy, unlike many other NBA 'stars'.

Bulls_fan90
05-30-2009, 11:38 PM
Yeah. It's a simple fact backed up by ZERO facts....:laugh: Sorry, but you can't be throwing the "fact" word around when all you've done to back up your statement is the repetition of your statement.

Yeah, because common conceptions are the way to go. Not, you know, facts. I feel like I clicked on the MLB forum instead of NBA.

Stick to watching the soccer buddy.

Dynasty
05-30-2009, 11:39 PM
compare the supporting casts, please.

exactly, Wade had an MVP type season this year, and look how far they got:rolleyes:

Verbal Christ
05-30-2009, 11:39 PM
His wanting to be the first billionaire athlete for one. That he hasn't committed to the Cavs for another. Few players these days are just looking to do what is best for the league and their team when they're FA's. They're looking for the best situation for them, both playing wise and financial wise. LeBron has shown me didly to say he cares about the best interest of the league or the Cavs when he becomes a FA.

so lebron trying to capitalize on his talents while he can makes him bad for the league? has he ever been implicated in serious crimes? caught doing drugs? committing to his team?? WTF are you talking about? did you not just 'witness' one of the best individual performances in a conference final EVER??? has lebron made a big stink about playing with scrubs, like lets say kobe did 3 years ago when all the talk was kobe is mad and wants a trade yada yada yada??? no lebron is a great face of the league, and im just confused how the personal hatred for the guy, for whatever reason can alter your perception on whats good and bad for the league. so just because he wants to maximize his earning potential he's a bad guy, really lame argument.

goku
05-30-2009, 11:40 PM
what if they were talking about kobe like this would you be tired then

dtmagnet
05-30-2009, 11:43 PM
If he wants to play with Chris Bosh he could come to Toronto.

Teeboy1487
05-30-2009, 11:44 PM
This thread is not about kobe. Fail.

koreancabbage

he had SHAQ and the refs on his team. Dallas had no chance.

Verbal Christ

yea right, the 'big fella' had nothing to do with that. im positive with no shaq on that miami team, no ring.

Lost Art
05-30-2009, 11:45 PM

Yes! I'm actually fairly critical of Kobe...........for a Lakers fan :D I've been watching basketball for quite some time, and I've never seen anything like this. It's pretty ridiculous.

goku
05-30-2009, 11:45 PM
if he wants to play yao &artest he could come to houston

NotVeryOriginal
05-30-2009, 11:46 PM

What if they were talking about T-Mac or artest like this, would you be tired then?

Raps08-09 Champ
05-30-2009, 11:48 PM
You gotta respect 40, 8, 8.

And everyone is gonna talk about him more now that they lost.

Bulls_fan90
05-30-2009, 11:49 PM
Welcome to Chicago Lebron.

ink
05-30-2009, 11:50 PM
How many threads have we had on this subject lately??

superkegger
05-30-2009, 11:52 PM
so lebron trying to capitalize on his talents while he can makes him bad for the league? has he ever been implicated in serious crimes? caught doing drugs? committing to his team?? WTF are you talking about? did you not just 'witness' one of the best individual performances in a conference final EVER??? has lebron made a big stink about playing with scrubs, like lets say kobe did 3 years ago when all the talk was kobe is mad and wants a trade yada yada yada??? no lebron is a great face of the league, and im just confused how the personal hatred for the guy, for whatever reason can alter your perception on whats good and bad for the league. so just because he wants to maximize his earning potential he's a bad guy, really lame argument.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I said LeBron isn't going to go somewhere for the sake of what is best for the league. He's going to make a decision based on what's best for him.

Never said that was a bad thing. I simply said he woulnd't make a decision based on what's best for the league, but what's best for him. As is the norm these days.

Don't know how you got that I hate LeBron, or how you thought I said he was bad for the league.

Ovratd1up
05-30-2009, 11:54 PM
Obviously he's still not going to be satisfied as the Cavs need to surround him with better players and a more consistent offense.

So what do they do this offseason? What can they do?

theuuord
05-30-2009, 11:54 PM
stop this madness.

superkegger
05-30-2009, 11:55 PM
madness. ahhhh

IRUAM #21
05-30-2009, 11:55 PM
stop this madness

waaaaazzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaa

Raps08-09 Champ
05-30-2009, 11:58 PM

Shaq averaged 20 and 10.

Hellcrooner
they can do NOTHING, got no big expirings ( missed on shipping scerbiak) have the LAST PICK in the draft, ahve scrubby yuoungsters like hickson bad contracts like Wallace....

all they can do is cross fingers and pray they can get to convince Sheed and Iverson of sharing the Mle and then pray it works and gets them a ring.

Verbal Christ
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I said LeBron isn't going to go somewhere for the sake of what is best for the league. He's going to make a decision based on what's best for him.

Never said that was a bad thing. I simply said he woulnd't make a decision based on what's best for the league, but what's best for him. As is the norm these days.

Don't know how you got that I hate LeBron, or how you thought I said he was bad for the league.

oh my bad, misunderstood i guess, and i suppose no professional athlete is going to try to do whats best for themselves and their families, strange concept huh.

ChiMaverick
05-30-2009, 11:59 PM
Anyone else notice LeBron walk off the court like the Isaiahs' Pistons when Michael Jordan beat them in the Eastern Conference Finals? I'm sure ESPN won't mention it because LeBron is one of their Golden Boys. Anyways Congratulations Orlando, good luck trying to "Beat L.A."

BTownTeamsRKing
05-31-2009, 12:00 AM
Great player, but im sick of the talk about him.

its the Magic's time.

carter15
way to make a thread...ur special now

IRUAM #21
stop this madness.

rapswin98
Kobe puppet is going to have to evict Lebron puppet and let Dwight Howard puppet move in soon.lol Lebrons not hungry enough

Dynasty
05-31-2009, 12:01 AM
Geez I visit the NBA forum for one day and I encounter myself with about 9 Lebron threads.

superkegger
05-31-2009, 12:02 AM
they could lock him in the Quicken Loans Arena basement and only let him out for games. Never let him leave. That should do the trick

hgtiger32
05-31-2009, 12:03 AM
While LeBron has done more than anyone imagined he'd have to he still cam up short. It's quite obviously that Mo Williams isn't a good #2 option to build around especially with him shooting his mouth off 24/7-but that's not the objectice of this thread.

With LeBron in the final year of his contract which I think he'll sign an extension this summer but maybe not...he needs a player that Michael Jordan had...Scottie Pippen= Hall of Famer, 50 Greatest Players. So the big question is who would be a good sidekick, #2 option, "pippen" to be paired along with LeBron James.

I have enclosed a poll with the top players of the 2009 and 2010 Free Agents from who you choose who should be LeBron's Pippen

2009:
Carlos Boozer
Shawn Marion
Hedo Turkoglu
Lamar Odom
Trevor Ariza
Ron Artest
Rasheed Wallace
Ben Gordon

2010:
Joe Johnson
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce
Dirk Nowitzki
Tracy McGrady
Yao Ming
Dwyane Wade
Richard Jefferson
Michael Redd
Steve Nash
Amare Stoudamire
Chris Bosh

I think that this will probably spark some interesting discussion...

Kenny
05-31-2009, 12:03 AM
lebron is pissed.. he left the arena craig sager siad and told his mom he needs to get away for awhile

theuuord
05-31-2009, 12:04 AM
stop this madness.

Dynasty
:faint:

IRUAM #21
He'll be Wade's Pippen in Miami :)

superkegger
woo, i said 7 more lebron threads tonight, this is 3. 4 more to go. I believe!!!

jetsfan89

JordansBulls
While LeBron has done more than anyone imagined he'd have to he still cam up short. It's quite obviously that Mo Williams isn't a good #2 option to build around especially with him shooting his mouth off 24/7-but that's not the objectice of this thread.

With LeBron in the final year of his contract which I think he'll sign an extension this summer but maybe not...he needs a player that Michael Jordan had...Scottie Pippen= Hall of Famer, 50 Greatest Players. So the big question is who would be a good sidekick, #2 option, "pippen" to be paired along with LeBron James.

I have enclosed a poll with the top players of the 2009 and 2010 Free Agents from who you choose who should be LeBron's Pippen

2009:
Carlos Boozer
Shawn Marion
Hedo Turkoglu
Lamar Odom
Trevor Ariza
Ron Artest
Rasheed Wallace
Ben Gordon

2010:
Joe Johnson
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce
Dirk Nowitzki
Tracy McGrady
Yao Ming
Dwyane Wade
Richard Jefferson
Michael Redd
Steve Nash
Amare Stoudamire
Chris Bosh

Lebron has Mo Williams who was an allstar.

Jonathan2323
05-31-2009, 12:05 AM
He'll be Wade's Pippen in Miami :)

:nod:

Dynasty
woo, i said 7 more lebron threads tonight, this is 3. 4 more to go. I believe!!!

At this rate it might reach -5.

superkegger
Lebron has Mo Williams who was an allstar.

a replacement all star, who probably only got it caused he whined about it.

carter15
05-31-2009, 12:07 AM
vince carter

IRUAM #21
a replacement all star, who probably only got it caused he whined about it.

Naw, David Stern rigged it so Mo could make the all star team, therefore making Lebron happy.

jetsfan89
if shaq went to Cleveland and helped them win a championship, then Shaq could say that the top three players in the NBA couldnt win a championship without him (Kobe, Wade, Lebron). that'd be pretty funny :)

Eagles_Guy
05-31-2009, 12:08 AM
if shaq went to Cleveland and helped them win a championship, then Shaq could say that the top three players in the NBA couldnt win a championship without him (Kobe, Wade, Lebron). that'd be pretty funny :)

:laugh2: That sounds like something he would do too

superkegger
05-31-2009, 12:09 AM

That would be hilarious. Ahh what could have been.

hgtiger32
05-31-2009, 12:10 AM

2009:
Carlos Boozer
Shawn Marion
Hedo Turkoglu
Lamar Odom
Trevor Ariza
Ron Artest
Rasheed Wallace
Ben Gordon

2010:
Joe Johnson
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce
Dirk Nowitzki
Tracy McGrady
Yao Ming
Dwyane Wade
Richard Jefferson
Michael Redd
Steve Nash
Amare Stoudamire
Chris Bosh

jetsfan89
05-31-2009, 12:11 AM
deja vu?

IRUAM #21
stop this madness.

superkegger
4, thats 4. 3 more lebron threads to go before I am a prophet!

theuuord
05-31-2009, 12:12 AM

That would be hilarious. Ahh what could have been.

and what could still be!

Dynasty
05-31-2009, 12:13 AM
Hint: your previous thread was MERGED

Jonathan2323
another one!

im going to start a Lebron should be called Prince James now.

Eagles_Guy
I think he's gone in 2010.

Why bother.

superkegger
05-31-2009, 12:14 AM
lol @ trevor ariza in the poll

D-Leethal
05-31-2009, 12:15 AM
Danilo Gallinari/Wilson Chandler

Dynasty
05-31-2009, 12:16 AM
4, thats 4. 3 more lebron threads to go before I am a prophet!

maybe you are paying this guy to create these threads?

hgtiger32
05-31-2009, 12:16 AM
okay if you're not gonna chat about who should be lebrons pippen then just dont say anything at all..this is about who people think lebron should get as his sidekick..i know that there's lots of LeBron threads but the one is a legit convo thread

In my opinoin it would be sweet if he could get a young player like Ariza so that he could turn into a player "VERY" similar to Pippen

ejdacanay
05-31-2009, 12:17 AM
LeBron will go NY

rapswin98
05-31-2009, 12:19 AM
we all get it lebron sucks:rolleyes: we dont need to make threads about it

theuuord
05-31-2009, 12:21 AM
stop this madness.

Dynasty
okay if you're not gonna chat about who should be lebrons pippen then just dont say anything at all..this is about who people think lebron should get as his sidekick..i know that there's lots of LeBron threads but the one is a legit convo thread

In my opinoin it would be sweet if he could get a young player like Ariza so that he could turn into a player "VERY" similar to Pippen

you are talking about FAs though when Lebron can become a FA himself

tr4shb0t
dude Lebron has a Pippen already...it's the refs.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-31-2009, 12:23 AM
Wang Zhi Zhi or Ha Seung Jin. cant decide

IRUAM #21
05-31-2009, 12:24 AM
Wang Zhi Zhi or Ha Seung Jin. cant decide

Wang Zhi Zhi was a beast :drool: