PDA

View Full Version : (1) LA Lakers vs. (3) Orlando - NBA Finals - Series (2-0)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

JordansBulls
05-30-2009, 11:05 PM
( 1 ) LA Lakers (65-17) vs. ( 3 ) Orlando Magic (59-23)

LA Lakers will have the Homecourt Advantage

LA Lakers Lead Series 2-0 Series Breakdown
Series Information (ESPN.com) (http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/matchup/_/teams/magic-lakers)

GAME RESULT DAY DATE TIME TV

Game 1 Thu. June 4 9:00PM ABC

Game 2 Sun. June 7 8:00PM ABC

Game 3 Tue. June 9 9:00PM ABC

Game 4 Thu. June 11 9:00PM ABC

Game 5* Sun. June 14 8:00PM ABC

Game 6* Tue. June 16 9:00PM ABC

Game 7* Thu. June 18 9:00PM ABC

*If necessary

REGULAR SEASON SERIES
Orlando Won Season Series 2-0
Sat Dec 20 - Orlando 106 vs LA Lakers 103
Fri Jan 16 - Orlando 109 @ LA Lakers 103

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Lakers.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3125.jpghttp://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3118.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2426.jpghttp://assets.espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/65x90/3513.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2748.jpg

PG - Derek Fisher
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Trevor Ariza
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Andrew Bynum

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Magic.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/11.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/3445.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/862.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/469.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2384.jpg

PG - Rafer Alston
SG - Courtney Lee
SF - Hedo Turkoglu
PF - Rashard Lewis
C - Dwight Howard

Who will win the NBA Finals?

LAKERMANIA
05-30-2009, 11:09 PM
Ill start it off.. GO LAKERS! HCA!!

Ill say Lakers in 6

bomber0104
05-30-2009, 11:10 PM
Showtime

Lakers in 6 at home

superkegger
05-30-2009, 11:11 PM
Should be epic and wonderful.

Go Lakeshow. Take it in 6.

KnicksorBust
05-30-2009, 11:12 PM
1000% sure Lakers win. Congrats L.A.

still1ballin
05-30-2009, 11:13 PM
Lakers in 5 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

still1ballin
05-30-2009, 11:14 PM
Should be epic and wonderful.

Go Lakeshow. Take it in 6.

You need to take off that avatar now.

shonk688
05-30-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm pulling for the Magic.

Raidaz4Life
05-30-2009, 11:22 PM
Lakers in 7!!! Kobe with the Finals MVP

superkegger
You need to take off that avatar now.

no.

But there should be no votes for a sweep either way. No way it's a sweep either way.

Kannon81
Nope... Trust me I would love to see the Lakers win another title and have Phil Jackson have the most titles of all time but the fact is Magic are to powerful. I don't think Kobe's teammates will help him in the finals, So Magic in 6.

Jonathan2323
Lets go Magic!

Magic in 6

lakers4sho
05-30-2009, 11:23 PM
Lakers in 6.

dbroncos78087
05-30-2009, 11:24 PM
I might have to find some highlights from the previous games to see how close those games were. They both seem close but who knows. Should be a very good series. Good luck to both teams. Please try to avoid the fighting guys.

heyman321
05-30-2009, 11:26 PM
Lakers in 5.

pebloemer
05-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Bynum is key in this matchup for me. Can he do a god enough job on Howard?

Should be a great matchup overall. Excited for the series. I got Lakers in 7.

JJ_JKidd
05-30-2009, 11:29 PM
I originally have the Lakers in 7 but its the Magic's (this current team) first Finals appearance and that inexperience would be the one advantage the Lakers is gonna have... So its Lakers in 6... The home court has to be protected though, the format in the Finals is a bit different (2-3-2) considering also that Denver and Houston were 1-1 with the Lakers after two games.

KnicksorBust
05-30-2009, 11:29 PM
showtime, i would bet n e thing on i t SERIOUSLY

LakersOrNothing
05-30-2009, 11:30 PM
Magics WILL be tough, I am going to say one team will win at the Game 6 mark.

It will either be 4-2 Lakers or 4-2 Magics.

I hope it's the Lakers and that's who i'll be taking (Please LAKERS don't disappoint!) :)

IT WILL END AT GAME 6, DAVID STERN SENT ME A TEXT :D

ManRam
05-30-2009, 11:33 PM
LA is a similar, but better version of the Cavs. A star player, surrounded by guards who really are just shooters, and soft big men. Although their big men are a lot better, I'm still worried about how they'll defend Howard. If they have to double Howard, the Magic should win this series. If Pau or Bynum, or whoever can guard Dwight 1-on-1 effectively, like Perk did, the Lakers will have a much easier time.

I also think Orlando's defense is a lot better than LAs, and I am a huge believer in defense.

macc
05-30-2009, 11:34 PM
Good luck Laker fans. I think it's going to be a great series. I like our chances and I can say that confidently since we swept you in close games this season.

The Gasol/Lewis matchup will be the X factor in my opinion. I don't see any player on the Lakers slowing down Dwight Howard. Hopefully we can pick apart the LA defense like we've done with every defense we've faced. People will vote against us this series despite sweeping LA and thats fine. People voted against us when we played Philly, Boston, and esp Clevland. We're still here. Stand by for the finals.......

LakersOrNothing
05-30-2009, 11:35 PM
LA is a similar, but better version of the Cavs. A star player, surrounded by guards who really are just shooters, and soft big men. Although their big men are a lot better, I'm still worried about how they'll defend Howard. If they have to double Howard, the Magic should win this series. If Pau or Bynum, or whoever can guard Dwight 1-on-1 effectively, like Perk did, the Lakers will have a much easier time.

I also think Orlando's defense is a lot better than LAs, and I am a huge believer in defense.

You are right, Magics defense is way better than LA's.. That's a fact. LA will have their moments. I just hope Bynum can some-what contain Howard. The guy is a beast.

tr4shb0t
05-30-2009, 11:35 PM
This is going to be a great finals...can't wait.

I will say Lakers in 6.

Go Dodgers!
05-30-2009, 11:36 PM
Should be a good series, Go Lakers!!!

Vinny642
05-30-2009, 11:37 PM
I went Magic in 6.... good luck to both of the teams, should be a great finals

LakersOrNothing
05-30-2009, 11:39 PM
I went Magic in 6.... good luck to both of the teams, should be a great finals

you are Lakers lucky charm! Everytime you go against them, they win.. hopefully it works this time :p

ManRam
05-30-2009, 11:41 PM
The Gasol/Lewis matchup will be the X factor in my opinion. I don't see any player on the Lakers slowing down Dwight Howard. Hopefully we can pick apart the LA defense like we've done with every defense we've faced. People will vote against us this series despite sweeping LA and thats fine. People voted against us when we played Philly, Boston, and esp Clevland. We're still here. Stand by for the finals.......

I agree about Pau and Lewis to some extent.. It's going to be interesting to see how each of those players guards the other. Very different types of PFs.

But...for once in my life, I think Howard is the difference maker. It's no secret he's far from my favorite Magic player, but if he can be an offensive force, and a go-to scorer (something I don't think he is), the Magic are almost impossible to beat. If the Lakers have to double him quickly, and our shooters get wide open shots, the Magic will drop a ton of points on the Lakers. So i think the Howard vs. Bynum/Gasol/whoever match up is going to be the match up to watch. If Howard forces LA to double, I love our chances. If Howard can be guarded by one man, I don't.

I also think Pietrus' defense, not offense, is going to be a huge thing to watch for. He's a defensive stud...and he's going to spend a lot of time guarding Kobe. Luckily for us, our best perimeter defenders are our SGs (Lee and Pietrus).

Kenny
05-30-2009, 11:41 PM
lol stan van gundy in his press confrence was about to say cleveland has the best player but he caught himself and said the mvp.. You cant say anything stupid for bulletin board material

NotVeryOriginal
05-30-2009, 11:45 PM
Lakers in 7

If we protect HC then we will be fine.

Dynasty
05-30-2009, 11:47 PM
I'm feeling the Magic. I love their team, especially their bench.

dos132
05-30-2009, 11:48 PM
go lakers.... lakers on 5 or 6... and it will be great if lakers swept the series....

DaaBoTownSox
I'm taking the underdog. Magic in 6.

superkegger
Hopefully the 5 days off can get Bynum to at least a little more healthy/in sync or whatever it is that is wrong with him, right. If he can just contain howard a bit, and use his fouls wisely, it will make things much more manageable.

Kobe of course will be a matchup problem, probably just as much as LeBron just in a different way. Will be interesting to see how the Magic play him.

The Key matchup to me is Pau vs. Shard. Shard will have his usual quickness advantage and range advantage. But the Magic will actually face someone at the 4 now who will have just as much of an advantage on Shard as he does on them. So that will be interesting to see. Of course that also depends on Bynum staying on the floor for more than 15 minutes a game. Of course then you put LO in, who I think is a good matchup for Shard on both ends.

Should be a great series.

macc
05-30-2009, 11:49 PM
I agree about Pau and Lewis to some extent.. It's going to be interesting to see how each of those players guards the other. Very different types of PFs.

But...for once in my life, I think Howard is the difference maker. It's no secret he's far from my favorite Magic player, but if he can be an offensive force, and a go-to scorer (something I don't think he is), the Magic are almost impossible to beat. If the Lakers have to double him quickly, and our shooters get wide open shots, the Magic will drop a ton of points on the Lakers. So i think the Howard vs. Bynum/Gasol/whoever match up is going to be the match up to watch. If Howard forces LA to double, I love our chances. If Howard can be guarded by one man, I don't.

I also think Pietrus' defense, not offense, is going to be a huge thing to watch for. He's a defensive stud...and he's going to spend a lot of time guarding Kobe. Luckily for us, our best perimeter defenders are our SGs (Lee and Pietrus).

Exactly, MP is the best defender besides Howard on our team. I think he'll do a great job with Kobe. I see us in 6 in this series. Inside/out w/ Howard and our shooters are just to much for any team right now.

If we do lose I hope it's not Ariza draining game winners on us. That would be a heart breaker right there.

JordansBulls
05-30-2009, 11:49 PM
Barkley just said Orlando in 7.
:speechless:

I can't imagine losing a game 7 of the NBA Finals at home.

LAKERMANIA
05-30-2009, 11:50 PM
TNT Crew predictions (For the record)

Reggie Miller: Lakers in 6
Kenny Smith: Lakers in 6
Charles Barkley: Magic in 7

LAKERMANIA
05-30-2009, 11:50 PM

When its the Lakers, anything is possible..

KmB728
05-30-2009, 11:51 PM
Orlando in 6!

Last year everyone had the big bad lakers beating up on the Celtics, and many people are thinking the same way this year, except its the Magic

Eagles_Guy
05-30-2009, 11:53 PM
I went against the Magic with both the Celtics and the Cavs.

Fool me can't get fooled again....

Orlando in 6

still1ballin
TNT Crew predictions (For the record)

Reggie Miller: Lakers in 6
Kenny Smith: Lakers in 6
Charles Barkley: Magic in 7

Just like he picked Denver to beat LA

DaaBoTownSox
Orlando in 6!

Last year everyone had the big bad lakers beating up on the Celtics, and many people are thinking the same way this year, except its the Magic

Shame on you. Don't ask why...you should know.

Verbal Christ
05-30-2009, 11:55 PM
im going orlando in 6. dwight howard will abuse and have his way with all the laker bigs, and the perimeter defense for LA is shaky at best giving orlando a field day from the 3 point line, plus im still totally amazed how incompetent the LA bench is. kobe is gonna have to go like 40/8/8 to win the series for LA, is he capable? i dont think so, but we'll see.

Teeboy1487
I am not going to pick but the matchups that should be interesting is Orlando's front line vs the Laker's front line.

KnicksorBust
Serious Analysis:

Rafer is NOT this good. He's going to throw up 4 DUD games. Courtney Lee will not be an impact player. The X Factor Pietrus will not do as good a job on Kobe as he did on LeBron in Game 6. Who can guard Odom on the Magic? If there's any team in the whole NBA that can handle Dwight Howard it's Bynum-Gasol. I think the finals will be Bynum's coming out party. Dwight will do his thing but it won't be enough. I'll be interested to see who Ariza guards. I guess you put him on Hedo like they put Delonte on him. The Lakers have too much firepower I'm sorry. This is Kobe's chance to cement his legacy as a top 15 player of ALL-TIME. Top 10? I honestly am severely disappointed because I wanted Cavs vs. Lakers.

I think Orlando winning was a huge punch in the gut to a LOT of people. LeBron was lost out there the whole series. Mo Williams had a great game but it seemed like all-fluff. He didn't start forcing the issue till they were down. LeBron turned the ball over. I feel like I could analysis this series for pages and pages but this post is going to get lost in the over-anxious NBA fans so I'm going to stop now. lol.

Lakers will 1000% win this series. I would put any bet on it. Seriously.

KmB728
05-30-2009, 11:56 PM
Shame on you. Don't ask why...you should know.

:confused:

NBA_Starter
05-31-2009, 12:00 AM
It's still too early after an embarrassing loss for me to concentrate but I expect a long, competitive series.

Eagles_Guy
05-31-2009, 12:02 AM
Serious Analysis:

Rafer is NOT this good. He's going to throw up 4 DUD games. Courtney Lee will not be an impact player. The X Factor Pietrus will not do as good a job on Kobe as he did on LeBron in Game 6. Who can guard Odom on the Magic? If there's any team in the whole NBA that can handle Dwight Howard it's Bynum-Gasol. I think the finals will be Bynum's coming out party. Dwight will do his thing but it won't be enough. I'll be interested to see who Ariza guards. I guess you put him on Hedo like they put Delonte on him. The Lakers have too much firepower I'm sorry. This is Kobe's chance to cement his legacy as a top 15 player of ALL-TIME. Top 10? I honestly am severely disappointed because I wanted Cavs vs. Lakers.

I think Orlando winning was a huge punch in the gut to a LOT of people. LeBron was lost out there the whole series. Mo Williams had a great game but it seemed like all-fluff. He didn't start forcing the issue till they were down. LeBron turned the ball over. I feel like I could analysis this series for pages and pages but this post is going to get lost in the over-anxious NBA fans so I'm going to stop now. lol.

Lakers will 1000% win this series. I would put any bet on it. Seriously.

Why do you think that those 3 guys won't have impact? Is there a specific reason or is it just blind speculative homerism? They played well against both the Celtics and the Cavs - all of a sudden they just won't - Why?

Odom is so up and down all the time - why do you think he is gonna play such a huge role in this series?

Orlando's whole thing is having Dwight in the Low post by himself, and him kicking it out when the double comes. Why would that be any different now? You think Lewis is just gonna come play low post now, and Gasol can just switch off in between them easily? Bynum can't keep himself out of foul trouble long enough, and I don't think he is up to the task of taking on D12.

Don't get me wrong I like the Lakers too, and I'm not hating on the Lakers so please don't; but the Magic have been bringing it. Ever since Game 6 against the Celtics (coincidentally after he critized SVG too) where Dwight said "he had a dream that they won and he shot a 3", the Magic have been a really well oiled machine IMO.

still1ballin
05-31-2009, 12:03 AM
im going orlando in 6. dwight howard will abuse and have his way with all the laker bigs, and the perimeter defense for LA is shaky at best giving orlando a field day from the 3 point line, plus im still totally amazed how incompetent the LA bench is. kobe is gonna have to go like 40/8/8 to win the series for LA, is he capable? i dont think so, but we'll see.

:laugh2:

lakersfan211
05-31-2009, 12:07 AM
here we go , a populur team vs a team nobody cares about , lakeshow in 6

BigEric
05-31-2009, 12:10 AM
I'll be pulling for the Magic throughout but I think the Lakers take it with home court advantage.

BigEric
05-31-2009, 12:11 AM
here we go , a populur team vs a team nobody cares about , lakeshow in 6

Nobody cares about? What the hell does that mean? I mean was the arena empty tonight?

lakersfan211
05-31-2009, 12:13 AM
talkin about outside orlando

BigEric
05-31-2009, 12:16 AM
People care about them. If you are saying underhyped team vs the Lakers , it would be acceptable but nobody cares for them, isn't right.

Lakers80's
05-31-2009, 12:21 AM
go lakers!!!!! will be an interesting series....lakeshow in 6

lakers4sho
05-31-2009, 12:24 AM
If this series goes past 5 games Lakers are gonna take it IMO (I don't care what Barkley says).

OrLMaGiK1
05-31-2009, 12:24 AM
I agree look at some of these posts before us and you'll see people pulling for Orlando to win. Even some Boston fans and I'm sure Cleveland fans will be too. People are tired of hearing about the Lakers and i think more people nationally will be hoping orlando wins but they are probably doubting it...which is fine because people have doubted us since we've been in the NBA cause we're not a "BIG MARKET" team. I love it cause we play better when people doubt us..which they have every right to do we have yet to win a title or prove anything

lakers4sho
05-31-2009, 12:25 AM
:laugh2:

it's on :up:

GHOSTSNIPER
05-31-2009, 12:25 AM
The Lakers bench will be the deciding factor.We can't be quick to say L.A. can't guard the perimeter players because we don't know who Stonewall will put on the floor.If they go small Orlando might get run out of the building.L.A. has Bynum,Gasol,Odom,Mbenga,and Powell down low as opposed to Z,Anderson,and Wallace...three bums.I have L.A. in 6 and will make 1 guarantee.Ron Jeremy will not out coach The Kentucky Fried Colonel.

lakersrock
05-31-2009, 12:30 AM
Alston < Fisher/Farmar/Brown rotation
All SG < Kobe
Turk > Ariza....but Ariza is really long and quick and will be able to do good on defense like he did against Melo after the first couple of games.
Lewis = Odom....this is assuming the dominant Odom shows up. If not, it'll be bad for us.
Howard > Gasol....Howard's gonna score. However, if we can foul him out, they're in trouble fast. Also, Gasol can really make Howard work on D by getting him away from the rim. Without that shotblocking threat down low, Kobe and Ariza can work the lane.

Here's the key...whether Howard is on Odom or Gasol, he has to get out of the lane. That should really lower their defensive prowess. When Bynum is in, Howard will get to patrol the lane. If we start Odom and Gasol (which we should), we can really have a good chance at getting fouls on Howard fast. He isn't good enough to go halfway out with Odom or Gasol either one.

My prediction - Lakers in 6 (I voted 5 because I forgot it was 2-3-2 format.)

Orlando beat LA twice this year. They won 106-103 and 109-103. Jameer Nelson had spectacular games in both (27P-4R-5A / 28P-6R-8A) and they only won by a combined 9. Without him, I really don't expect it to be close...again, that's assuming the Lakers play hard and show up. That's a big assumption though. (...and Gasol/Odom keeping Howard out of the lane is key. Bynum sucked against Howard in both games and has no business starting.)

KW93KB24
05-31-2009, 12:34 AM
im just going to say LA wins in 5 or 6 (this will be my last post until the finals are over)

ManRam
05-31-2009, 12:37 AM
I hate the 2-3-2 format

lakersrock
05-31-2009, 12:38 AM
...... and when Phil wins Game 1, he is 43-0 and if he's up 2-1, it's 50-1.

(The lone loss is when the Lakers somehow got up 3-1 on that really good Suns team back a couple years. So really, it should be 50-0 if the Suns didn't jack around the first four games.)

In other words, if LA wins Game 1, it's over. If they win the first two, Orlando is finished.

JWO35
05-31-2009, 12:40 AM
I'm going with the Orlando Magic in 6 games.....I think this will be deja vu (think, 2004 NBA Finals underdogs winning easily)

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-31-2009, 12:40 AM
All Im going to say is, Im really glad Jameer Nelson is not playing. Our point guards are the worst defensive pg's in the league. Nelson had a field day with them twice this year. It will be great to see Skip to my Lou in there. Lakers in 6

Fool
05-31-2009, 12:44 AM
won't be able to see most of game 1. it's going to kill me :(

Just like he picked Denver to beat LA

and Houston.

still1ballin
05-31-2009, 12:49 AM
All Im going to say is, Im really glad Jameer Nelson is not playing. Our point guards are the worst defensive pg's in the league. Nelson had a field day with them twice this year. It will be great to see Skip to my Lou in there. Lakers in 6

Do you honestly think if Nelson would come back he would have an impact? I think if he did play it would hurt the Magic more then helping them.

ManRam
05-31-2009, 12:51 AM
...... and when Phil wins Game 1, he is 43-0 and if he's up 2-1, it's 50-1.

(The lone loss is when the Lakers somehow got up 3-1 on that really good Suns team back a couple years. So really, it should be 50-0 if the Suns didn't jack around the first four games.)

In other words, if LA wins Game 1, it's over. If they win the first two, Orlando is finished.

What were the Celtics when they were up 3-2? Like 32-0??? How'd that work out for them?

Who cares what Phil did last year? Who cares what Phil did with the Bulls? Who cares what he did with Shaq and Kobe?

None of that means anything. This is a different team. The past means nothing.

kimchi'sworld
05-31-2009, 12:52 AM
I think if Orlando steals a game in LA they can win in 5 but either team will win in 6.

If LA can keep Howard in foul trouble they'll easily win the series. Orlando's bench
would have to play better then la's if they we're to win. I think the key matchup for Orlando besides Howard vs. LA.s bigs is Michael Pietrus vs. kobe. If Pietrus can make Kobe work on offense like he did LeBron and play and make Kobe have to spend energy on defense Orlando will win.

still1ballin
05-31-2009, 12:53 AM
What were the Celtics when they were up 3-2? Like 32-0??? How'd that work out for them?
Who cares what Phil did last year? Who cares what Phil did with the Bulls? Who cares what he did with Shaq and Kobe?

None of that means anything. This is a different team. The past means nothing.

If KG was healthy, they would of been 33-0.

ManRam
05-31-2009, 12:56 AM
If we do lose I hope it's not Ariza draining game winners on us. That would be a heart breaker right there.

I don't care what he's done in the playoffs, but I will never envision Trevor Ariza as a shooter. If he is dropping threes on us, or game winners...it wasn't meant to be. I think his shooting in these playoffs is too good to be true.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-31-2009, 12:59 AM
Do you honestly think if Nelson would come back he would have an impact? I think if he did play it would hurt the Magic more then helping them.

No, Im not saying I would be worried if he came back right now after he got injured. I would have been worried if he never got hurt at all and he was going to be playing in this series healthy.

If he came back now, he probably would hurt them more than help, kind of like Bynum :hide:

ManRam
05-31-2009, 12:59 AM
If KG was healthy, they would of been 33-0.

Exactly my point. That's why those statistics mean nothing. Because they have nothing to do with the current situation.

Thanks for backing me up...;)

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-31-2009, 01:02 AM
I don't care what he's done in the playoffs, but I will never envision Trevor Ariza as a shooter. If he is dropping threes on us, or game winners...it wasn't meant to be. I think his shooting in these playoffs is too good to be true.

He has actually been a lot better the whole year. He is beyond is ability so far in these playoffs. But he is not as bad as he was when he was with the Knicks and Magic.

His foot injury helped out a lot. He could not rely only on his athleticism any more. He had to work on other parts of his game and he said he really practiced his long range jumpers cause Phil told him that his role would be to play D and spread the floor on offense

what54!?
05-31-2009, 01:03 AM
I sense a whole lot of three point shooting

ManRam
05-31-2009, 01:10 AM
He has actually been a lot better the whole year. He is beyond is ability so far in these playoffs. But he is not as bad as he was when he was with the Knicks and Magic.

His foot injury helped out a lot. He could not rely only on his athleticism any more. He had to work on other parts of his game and he said he really practiced his long range jumpers cause Phil told him that his role would be to play D and spread the floor on offense

No, I know. He has improved a lot. But I still refuse to believe he's anything close to a 50% three point shooter (playoffs). He has to regress eventually. He did only shoot 32% from three this year. 32% isn't bad...but it isn't close to being elite.

I know he'll bring good defense, and now attract some attention on offense, but what he's doing in the playoffs is a fluke IMO.

lavell12
05-31-2009, 01:13 AM
LA maybe considered the more talented team but Orlando's talent shows up on more nights. Does anyone really trust Bynum and Odom to show up everynight? No way no how, Magic in 6. I will say if it does go to a game 7 the Lakers will kill Orlando in LA with the most clutch player in the game but I like the upset.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-31-2009, 01:17 AM
No, I know. He has improved a lot. But I still refuse to believe he's anything close to a 50% three point shooter (playoffs). He has to regress eventually. He did only shoot 32% from three this year. 32% isn't bad...but it isn't close to being elite.

I know he'll bring good defense, and now attract some attention on offense, but what he's doing in the playoffs is a fluke IMO.

I understand completely. I dont even believe it. He was our best 3 pt shooter vs Utah and Denver. He is playing way past his capabilities on offense. I just hope he can keep that confidence up. Because nobody else on the Lakers that is supposed to be three point shooter is hitting anything.

infamous
05-31-2009, 01:17 AM
Who should guard Howard? Bynum or Gasol?

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-31-2009, 01:18 AM
LA maybe considered the more talented team but Orlando's talent shows up on more nights. Does anyone really trust Bynum and Odom to show up everynight? No way no how, Magic in 6. I will say if it does go to a game 7 the Lakers will kill Orlando in LA with the most clutch player in the game but I like the upset.

You do know game 6 will be in LA as well right? If the Magic are going to win this series, they should hope to do it in 5

Catfish1314
05-31-2009, 01:20 AM
This has the potential to be a great series. I'm hoping it goes 7 games, because I'm not ready for the season to end.

The Magic won't be able to do with the Lakers what they did with the Cavs by focusing more on the role players and shooters and sticking their best defender with the singular role of defending LeBron (for the most part). The Lakers supporting cast is superior the Cavs, at least at the offensive end.

I'm actually glad the Magic beat the Cavs, because to be honest, I think the Lakers would have stung them worse than Orlando did. The Magic are more well rounded and just as deep, if not deeper, which poses a better challenge for LA.

I see this one going the distance. Even though Kobe let his team get smacked in Game 6 of last year's Finals, I think he'll keep that in mind and play with a chip on his shoulder. And that, in addition to LA's homecourt advantage, will be the difference maker.

Lakers in 7.

superkegger
05-31-2009, 01:21 AM
who should guard howard? Bynum or gasol?

dacos!

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-31-2009, 01:22 AM
Who should guard Howard? Bynum or Gasol?

Gasol. Bynum is a lost cause for the rest of the season. We cant have Gasol running around the perimeter chasing Lewis around the three point line. But it would be interesting to see Lewis playing D on Gasol in the post. But I think the Lineups should be like this

Gasol v Howard
Odom v Lewis
Ariza v Hedo
Kobe v Pietrus/ Lee
Fisher v Rafer

iluvsports2much
05-31-2009, 01:22 AM
lakers in 3.....:moon:

ManRam
05-31-2009, 01:25 AM
Gasol. Bynum is a lost cause for the rest of the season. We cant have Gasol running around the perimeter chasing Lewis around the three point line. But it would be interesting to see Lewis playing D on Gasol in the post. But I think the Lineups should be like this

Gasol v Howard
Odom v Lewis
Ariza v Hedo
Kobe v Pietrus/ Lee
Fisher v Rafer

Who is this Evans player you speak of?

Lewis?

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-31-2009, 01:27 AM

Lewis?

LOL, I edited it before you replied. I was playing PS3 UFC Undisputed and using Rashard Evans. I guess he was on my mind

still1ballin

Lewis?

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Maurice Evans?

KnicksorBust
1000% the lakers win. im bummed.

infamous
05-31-2009, 01:28 AM

Gasol v Howard
Odom v Lewis
Ariza v Hedo
Kobe v Pietrus/ Lee
Fisher v Rafer

Both teams matchup well height-wise. Pietrus should start over Lee, Kobe would destroy Lee. At least Pietrus will have a chance.

I'll be an interesting match between Gasol and Howard. :clap:

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-31-2009, 01:29 AM
Both teams matchup well height-wise. Pietrus should start over Lee, Kobe would destroy Lee. At least Pietrus will have a chance.

Your sig is funny. Is that Varejao with the "Chosen 2" on his back?

ManRam
05-31-2009, 01:30 AM

Pietrus is out best perimeter defender, by far, but Lee is definitely our second best. They are our 2nd and 3rd best defenders, and luckily for us, they play the same position as the Lakers best player. Kobe is going to get his, but Lee isn't going to let him walk all over him when he's in the game. He's a good defender, and a great athlete.

lakers4sho
05-31-2009, 01:31 AM
dacos!

:rock:

lavell12
05-31-2009, 01:31 AM
How about the all important JJ Redick vs Adam Morrison matchup?

Well atleast JJ actually started 8 playoff games and Morrison can't even dress.

infamous
05-31-2009, 01:32 AM
Your sig is funny. Is that Varejao with the "Chosen 2" on his back?

Yes it's Varejao :D

dsonLAL24
05-31-2009, 01:33 AM
Lakers in 5!

laboy09
Lakers in 5.

All respect to the Magics but Lakers are more experience and want it more. After losing last year to Celts by a blow out game. Lakers were beat up by Houston and Denver but have learned from there mistakes.

lavell12
You do know game 6 will be in LA as well right? If the Magic are going to win this series, they should hope to do it in 5

I realize that but there is a huge difference in between game 6 and game 7 on the road. No way the Magic win in 5 unless Kobe gets seriously hurt.

DODGERS&LAKERS
How about the all important JJ Redick vs Adam Morrison matchup?

Well atleast JJ actually started 8 playoff games and Morrison can't even dress.

Im glad we got Shannon Brown, but I cant believe I'm going to say this, I miss Radman. His three point shooting would really have helped.

Morrison is a waste of a good porn stache

JordansBulls
05-31-2009, 01:34 AM
It would be nice to see a team that has never won a title to win one this year though.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-31-2009, 01:35 AM
Yes it's Varejao :D

Thats funny, he looks so doughy next to Lebron. LBJ looks like a body builder

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-31-2009, 01:35 AM
It would be nice to see a team that has never won a title to win one this year though.

I hate you ;) JK

superkegger
05-31-2009, 01:36 AM

No, it wouldn't

infamous
05-31-2009, 01:37 AM
Pietrus is out best perimeter defender, by far, but Lee is definitely our second best. They are our 2nd and 3rd best defenders, and luckily for us, they play the same position as the Lakers best player. Kobe is going to get his, but Lee isn't going to let him walk all over him when he's in the game. He's a good defender, and a great athlete.

Yeah, that is why I'm saying Pietrus should start. He is your best perimeter defender. Lee is a rookie, I'm not saying he will let Kobe walk all over him, I'm just saying Kobe will somehow exploit his weakness and rookie mistakes.

superkegger
05-31-2009, 01:37 AM
The 1 vote for Orlando in 4? Yep Laker fans, you know who it is. Ol' reliable Ironkobe

ManRam
05-31-2009, 01:38 AM
Lakers in 5.

All respect to the Magics but Lakers are more experience and want it more. After losing last year to Celts by a blow out game. Lakers were beat up by Houston and Denver but have learned from there mistakes.

Care to explain how the Lakers want it more??? Actually, I read the rest of your paragraph...but that's a sorry explanation. If they want it more, they wouldn't have let the Rockets destroy them on the road. I'll believe that they've learned from their mistakes when I see it. Game 6 in Denver was a big first step, but one game doesn't convince me that the Lakers will come out and play every night. If any team in the playoffs has acted like they don't care at times...it's the Lakers.

iluvsports2much
05-31-2009, 01:38 AM

wuldnt it be nice to see a team win their 15th championship in 30 tries?

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-31-2009, 01:39 AM
No, it wouldn't

I was thinking the same thing. Why would it be nice? None of the Lakers current players have won a championship. Kobe and Fish rode coattails to a couple of rings, but have not won one on their own :eyebrow: So to me, it would be nice for this team and its roster to finally win a ring.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-31-2009, 01:41 AM

Yeah it would. We're under .500 in the finals!!!! If anybody deserves a break, its the Lakers

*Superman*
05-31-2009, 01:42 AM
It may be shocking, but i pick the Magic in 5. Win game 1 or 2, and win the 3 at home.

iluvsports2much
05-31-2009, 01:43 AM
i honestly think lakers in 6....i think they will take the first two,then take one of the 3 at orlando,then close it out at home in LA...if it goes to game 7,i think im gonna have a heart attack

iluvsports2much
05-31-2009, 01:45 AM
It may be shocking, but i pick the Magic in 5. Win game 1 or 2, and win the 3 at home.

that actually is very reasonable...all it takes is one win in the first two games then orlando controls the series easy and will be waaay too hard to get back in....thats why i think the finals format is all ****ed up

NFLNBA
05-31-2009, 01:47 AM
Alston,Johnson vs Fisher,Brown, Farmer - Amagine if the Magic had Nelson still! Alston would be nice off the bench with not much of a loss of talant with Nelson sitting but with Johnson in the game i like Brown and Farmer, exp that Brown guy! He is a future stud. LAKERS

Lee, Pietrus, Riddick vs Kobe,Sasha - Lee is a future stud and Pietrus is a pretty good defender but Kobe is Kobe and while Pietrus and Lee could sag off Lebron because of his average jumper they cant lay off Kobe. When Sasha comes in off the bench Pietrus or Lee will kill the Lakers - LAKERS

Hedu vs Ariza, Walton - Hedu has the height but he doesnt play big at all as we constantly seen a little guy on him like delonte west. Ariza has great defense, and a good 3 point shot while Hedu is a good all around player. I really think this will be a match-up to watch. Walton doesnt stand a chance! MAGIC

Lewis vs Gasol, Odom - Complete different PF's Gasol will crush Lewis on the block and Lewis is quicker and can hit the 3. I'll take the high % shot though. Odom is a KEY factor, if he plays like he did in games 5,6 the Lakers are almost unbeatable. We will see a lot of Odom vs Lewis because Bynum will be in foul trouble and he is only playing 20 min a game. Odom vs Lewis will be fun to watch! Odom has the quickness and Lewis has the shot! LAKERS

Howard vs Bynum - This would be a closer contest if Bynum was playing like the Bynum before the injury but you can see he is FAR from healthy. Howard is gonna be the smaller player here with the quickness, Bynum will need to make him work and use his heavy body to try and wear down Howard. I see Bynum fouling out in EVERYGAME lol Howard will Dominate and will matchup against Gasol who will pull him away from the basket because of his good shot. MAGIC

Lakers in 6

JordansBulls
05-31-2009, 01:49 AM

If it is against another team that has won a lot like the Celtics than yes. However, the Magic have been screwed over in their franchise history. Shaq left them high and dry only after 3 years of being there and then Penny was only good another 2 years. Other than those 2 years, the Magic have never had any type of success.

*Superman*
05-31-2009, 01:49 AM
that actually is very reasonable...all it takes is one win in the first two games then orlando controls the series easy and will be waaay too hard to get back in....thats why i think the finals format is all ****ed up

Yeah i think the other format was better. If the Magic have to go to game 6 or 7 in LA. IT is gonna be really hard. And plus if we do win the championship, i want it to be in Orlando. :D

Good luck Laker fans.

ManRam
05-31-2009, 01:54 AM
If it is against another team that has won a lot like the Celtics than yes. However, the Magic have been screwed over in their franchise history. Shaq left them high and dry only after 3 years of being there and then Penny was only good another 2 years. Other than those 2 years, the Magic have never had any type of success.

Not to mention Grant and T-Mac...

Or Nick Anderson...

Horrible drafting...

Most people do root for the underdog

iluvsports2much
05-31-2009, 01:56 AM

Or Nick Anderson...

Horrible drafting...

especially when their playin the lakers cuz everybody knows nobody wants the lakers to win...you either a laker fan or laker hater

ManRam
05-31-2009, 01:57 AM
especially when their playin the lakers cuz everybody knows nobody wants the lakers to win...you either a laker fan or laker hater

No. If you're a Laker fans it seems like you're either a Laker fan or a Laker hater.

iluvsports2much
05-31-2009, 01:59 AM
No. If you're a Laker fans it seems like you're either a Laker fan or a Laker hater.

that didnt make sense.....but ok....

ManRam
05-31-2009, 02:03 AM
that didnt make sense.....but ok....

I just hate the whole idea that Laker fans have that if you are rooting for the other team, or think the Lakers wont win, or say anything remotely bad about Kobe, or whatever...that that makes you a Laker hater. You don't hear other fan bases calling people "fill in the blank team- hater". That's all. I know plenty of people who root for the Lakers, but the Lakers aren't their favorite team. You can be in between a Laker fan and a "Laker Hater".

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-31-2009, 02:05 AM

Or Nick Anderson...

Horrible drafting...

This is true. If the Lakers were not in the finals, I would be rooting for the Magic. But since they are, :box::guns:

S.J.Basketball
05-31-2009, 02:05 AM
8 pages already...lol

Becks2307
05-31-2009, 02:08 AM
lakers in 6 or 5

iluvsports2much
05-31-2009, 02:08 AM
I just hate the whole idea that Laker fans have that if you are rooting for the other team, or think the Lakers wont win, or say anything remotely bad about Kobe, or whatever...that that makes you a Laker hater. You don't hear other fan bases calling people "fill in the blank team- hater". That's all. I know plenty of people who root for the Lakers, but the Lakers aren't their favorite team. You can be in between a Laker fan and a "Laker Hater".

well i obviously dont think everybody that roots against the lakers are laker haters...i jus think theres a LOT out there...more then any other team IMO...i agree with you on wat your sayin,im also a cavs fan,but i hate them when they play the lakers...

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-31-2009, 02:09 AM
Yeah i think the other format was better. If the Magic have to go to game 6 or 7 in LA. IT is gonna be really hard. And plus if we do win the championship, i want it to be in Orlando. :D

Good luck Laker fans.

Good luck to you guys too. I hope we all can be civil in here. There is no need for us to be going at each other in here like if anything we type will have any impact on the outcome of the game anyways. Lets all have fun and root for our teams without all the insults. The Lakers and Magic have no history of bad blood. Other than that Shaq thing. But that was not our fault. If a 7 foot freak asked to come into your house, you would invite him in also.

x_notorious
05-31-2009, 02:10 AM
Lakers in 6.

Dwights kryptonite throughout is foul trouble. That shouldn't change this series because:

A. Kobe will impose his will. Seriously, who will stop him? He's gone through guys like Brewer, Artest, Battier, Jones and Melo and in the Finals you have Lee/Pietrus? No disrespect to those two but Kobe will get his shot whenever he wants to. He'll drive to the hole, shoot the mid-range jumper/3 pointer, foul shots, you name it. Now it's matter of getting his teammates involved as well.

B. Dwight will go against Gasol or Bynum, mainly Gasol the way the minutes have turned out. With that being said, Howard has never defended a player down low with the offensive capability like Gasol has. Dalembert? No. Perkins? No. Big Z? No.

Another thing, the Lakers biggest weakness, the PG position, isn't really exploited with a guy like Alston who has been shooting at a 38% from the field throughout the playoffs. Fisher has had to contend with tough match-ups with guys like Deron Williams, Aaron Brooks and Chauncey Billups and to put him up against Alston makes life a whole lot easier. If it was Nelson, completely different story and as LR pointed out in this thread, he was the difference maker in the two regular season games in which Orlando won both.

ManRam
05-31-2009, 02:11 AM
well i obviously dont think everybody that roots against the lakers are laker haters...i jus think theres a LOT out there...more then any other team IMO...i agree with you on wat your sayin,im also a cavs fan,but i hate them when they play the lakers...

Well yeah. It comes with being good team, having a super star that isn't cute and cuddly...and the fact that PSD is 50% Laker fans, and 50% everyone else. Naturally there will be a lot of people opposing the majority voice. I think the hate towards LA is perpetuated in PSD. It isn't this bad in the real world.

ManRam
05-31-2009, 02:12 AM
Good luck to you guys too. I hope we all can be civil in here. There is no need for us to be going at each other in here like if anything we type will have any impact on the outcome of the game anyways. Lets all have fun and root for our teams without all the insults. The Lakers and Magic have no history of bad blood. Other than that Shaq thing. But that was not our fault. If a 7 foot freak asked to come into your house, you would invite him in also.

The Shaq thing is enough for me to hate the Lakers... ;)

iluvsports2much
05-31-2009, 02:14 AM
Well yeah. It comes with being good team, having a super star that isn't cute and cuddly...and the fact that PSD is 50% Laker fans, and 50% everyone else. Naturally there will be a lot of people opposing the majority voice. I think the hate towards LA is perpetuated in PSD. It isn't this bad in the real world.

if this is true...then why does EVERY team chant BEAT LA....no other team chants anything else bout any other team

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-31-2009, 02:14 AM
The Shaq thing is enough for me to hate the Lakers... ;)

Yeah, now that I think of it, if that would have happened to the Lakers, I would hate who ever took my super star as well. But I would hate the Superstar and blame him much more than I would the other team

*Superman*
05-31-2009, 02:18 AM
I think it is the proper time to post this.:D Props to my boy for finding it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UAmTJgNQ-s

x_notorious
05-31-2009, 02:21 AM
I think it is the proper time to post this.:D Props to my boy for finding it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UAmTJgNQ-s

Same here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORe0_CS-s1A

ManRam
05-31-2009, 02:22 AM
if this is true...then why does EVERY team chant BEAT LA....no other team chants anything else bout any other team

I know. I didn't deny that they get the most attention from other teams...but all I'm arguing is that it isn't black and white...like I feel like Laker fans think it is. You aren't either a Laker fan, or a Laker hater. That attitude bothers me. That's all I'm saying. I've been called a Laker hater far too many times for stupid, small, insignificant things. That's bothersome. It's hard to have an intelligent conversation with some people here (not all, not even close to the majority) because if you say something...you're just a hater. That's a cop out...and an annoying one too.

iluvsports2much
05-31-2009, 02:23 AM
Same here:

:speechless:....is this a preview of the NBA finals???

macc
05-31-2009, 02:25 AM
Its going to be an interesting match up. Orlando plays the better defense so I see Kobe having lots of possesions with the shot clock running out and he has to create his own shot.

Orlando is going to get their open shots. With the inside outside game Dwight will most likely dominate early and when the Lakers start collapsing on him our 3's will start raining. The Magic will also have an edge on the boards, with Gasol guarding Lewis on the peremeter that will leave Howard with Bynum downlow where Howard will simply muscle Bynum all over the place. Second chance points are crucial in the playoffs.

Some will say Bynum won't be playing much so it will be Odom on Lewis which could be the case but the Lakers are going to need Bynum and all his 6 fouls during the game, if they don't Gasol could get into foul trouble early and be forced to sit. Kobe is amazing but Gasol is the one guy who solidifies the lakers offense when noone is really dropping their shots. Without him in the game could cost it for them.

Lakers are however better than Clevland, when Kobe is passing out of the double teams, his teammates will be making alot of their open shots. Hopefully that doesn't kill us.

Reguardless, agree/disagree I think Orlando has the Superior team. I don't think us sweeping LA this year was a fluke and hopefully we show that in the finals..

*Superman*
05-31-2009, 02:26 AM
Same here:

Come on, you wanna have a youtube fight.

JordansBulls
05-31-2009, 02:30 AM
Deja Vu like last year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/matchup/_/teams/magic-lakers

Only 1 person picked the Magic in this series. No one picked them last series.

iluvsports2much
05-31-2009, 02:31 AM
I know. I didn't deny that they get the most attention from other teams...but all I'm arguing is that it isn't black and white...like I feel like Laker fans think it is. You aren't either a Laker fan, or a Laker hater. That attitude bothers me. That's all I'm saying. I've been called a Laker hater far too many times for stupid, small, insignificant things. That's bothersome. It's hard to have an intelligent conversation with some people here (not all, not even close to the majority) because if you say something...you're just a hater. That's a cop out...and an annoying one too.

wll i think it depends on wat ppl say...cuz if ppl say kobe sucks and the lakers suck and ****,thats jus sayin you a hater...cuz idk how anybody could make a case the lakers suck or kobe sucks for that matter...i could see ppl sayin theres like 5 ppl better then kobe,but if ppl say hes not even in the top 10,then they jus hatin...now ill agree on some things said against the lakers,but some things ppl say are jus rediculous...

J-Relo
05-31-2009, 02:34 AM
Going with LA..... why?

actually i was really impressed how Orlando managed to play against Cavs... but they match-up against LA not as good...

first of all LEWIS - there are big and still fast players in LA to defend him - Odom, Ariza... I still see Lewis getting many points, but not so easy...

Dwight - there was noone as good offensively as GASOL in the series before... Foul Trouble?... Also dispate that Bynum struggles, he and Gasol is the best defenders to defend Dwight...

KOBE - if he puts maximum effort on D, then take Hedo out of game...

Still taking into credit that Magic is a great team and they can light up fire with their 3' , in my opinion, they will lose in 6.

x_notorious
05-31-2009, 02:36 AM
Deja Vu like last year.

Hollinger actually voted for the Lakers!

blazerman
05-31-2009, 02:37 AM
not many people had Orlando coming out of the east, all I heard was Boston or Cleveland.
Well Orlando kicked them both to the curb and so Im all for seeing them finish their amazing season with a 4-2 series win against the Lakers.

Howard has stepped up as one of the new playoff stars and I see him blowing up on LA along with Hedo.

Im sure most of Portland(blazer fans) will be pulling for the Magic.

GET ER DONE, ORLANDO!

*Superman*
Deja Vu like last year.

Im not gonna cry because pretty much all of them picked the Lakers, because that is their opinion. And most picked them in a game 7 too. All i want is respect from the other team. The better team will win.

LAKERMANIA
Hollinger actually voted for the Lakers!

Crap... We're gonna lose..

macc
05-31-2009, 02:38 AM
Going with LA..... why?

actually i was really impressed how Orlando managed to play against Cavs... but they match-up against LA not as good...

first of all LEWIS - there are big and still fast players in LA to defend him - Odom, Ariza... I still see Lewis getting many points, but not so easy...

Dwight - there was noone as good offensively as GASOL in the series before... Foul Trouble?... Also dispate that Bynum struggles, he and Gasol is the best defenders to defend Dwight...

KOBE - if he puts maximum effort on D, then take Hedo out of game...

Still taking into credit that Magic is a great team and they can light up fire with their 3' , in my opinion, they will lose in 6.

Even if Dwight plays alot of D on Gasol I don't see Gasol drawing many fouls, hes not one to bang with anybody. His game is strictly finesse and I'm sure that won't change. He'll be doing baby hooks and turn arounds on Howard, not bailing through his chest.

x_notorious
05-31-2009, 02:39 AM
Crap... We're gonna lose..

Hollinger going for the Lakers and Barkely going for the Magic off-set.

The game actually has to be decided on the court now.

superkegger
05-31-2009, 02:40 AM
Hollinger going for the Lakers and Barkely going for the Magic off-set.

The game actually has to be decided on the court now.

:laugh:

*Superman*
05-31-2009, 02:45 AM
I hope Ariza doesn't try to torch us considering we traded him.

iluvsports2much
05-31-2009, 02:48 AM
I hope Ariza doesn't try to torch us considering we traded him.

oh ya thats rite...hmmm this will be interesting.....

theimortalone
05-31-2009, 02:55 AM
I think Orlando can pull it off!

Angel
05-31-2009, 02:57 AM
All you Lakers fans are saying the same things you said last year before the finals started. I'm thinking deja-vu.

LAKERMANIA
05-31-2009, 02:58 AM
All you Lakers fans are saying the same things you said last year before the finals started. I'm thinking deja-vu.

Hmm... I wonder why that is... Wait Wait... I think I got it... I think.. YEAH! I KNOW WHY!!

Because we are Laker FANS

Giants-49ers-Ws
05-31-2009, 02:59 AM
GO MAGIC! In 6!

#1Mavericksfan
05-31-2009, 03:06 AM
Magic in 6...this is gonna be a great series oh and I heard the Magic was gonna see if Jameer Nelson could play in this series does anybody know if this is true?

Statik1
05-31-2009, 03:12 AM
Magic in 6...this is gonna be a great series oh and I heard the Magic was gonna see if Jameer Nelson could play in this series does anybody know if this is true?

No he is done. He said during the half time interview during game 6 of Cavs Magic that he is hoping to return during preseason but that is long shot he said.

superkegger
05-31-2009, 03:14 AM

Yeah, because Orlando definitely plays that tough physical style Boston did, which is what really have us problems........oh, wait...

snickers
05-31-2009, 03:25 AM
should be a fun competitive series. lakers in 6.

stawka
05-31-2009, 03:35 AM
I'm thinking that bum Bynum won't do much in the series yet again. He'll be in foul trouble and warming up the bench, making Gasol on Dwight and Odom on Lewis -- makes sense anyway.

GSW fan
05-31-2009, 03:54 AM
ooops lol :P

bolts4ever
05-31-2009, 04:11 AM
Let me set the record straight 4 all u ORLANDO BANDWAGONERS!!! But first i'd like to say congrats for getting it this far and I admit Dwight Howard is a beast!!! But let's go thru ur playoff resume won in 7 against the SIXERS!! Who average what 50 points a game. Beat a boston team in a long series without their BEST PLAYER!! And win a series against the CLEVELAND LEBRONS!! I mean cavalers!

In all seriouness in this series MR.HOWARD is actually going to have a man he has to guard in Pau gasol, Van Gundy would b a fool to leave Lewis on gasol, if he did u can just start getting the bench ready for lewis cause hell be in foul trouble. Lakers have the size advantage at nearly every position and that means REBOUNDS a lot of them.

LAKERS IN A COMFORTABLE 6!!!!

GoatMilk
05-31-2009, 04:11 AM
^lol Finals are 2-3-3 format, so game 6 would be at home. what are you shaking your head about?

thapharcyd
05-31-2009, 06:02 AM
^lol Finals are 2-3-3 format, so game 6 would be at home. what are you shaking your head about?

Ya mean 2-3-2 :p

JayW_1023
05-31-2009, 07:12 AM
Lakers in six. I thought their win against Denver was downright impressive...they came together at the right time. If Denver can't beat LA, no way Orlando can.

JayW_1023
05-31-2009, 07:18 AM
Lee, Pietrus, Riddick vs Kobe,Sasha - Lee is a future stud and Pietrus is a pretty good defender but Kobe is Kobe and while Pietrus and Lee could sag off Lebron because of his average jumper they cant lay off Kobe. When Sasha comes in off the bench Pietrus or Lee will kill the Lakers - LAKERS

Lakers in 6

ROFLMAOOL :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reversed86Curse
05-31-2009, 07:37 AM
Orlando in 7 unless Gasol can shut down Howard. Bynum will be a non-factor yet again. Lewis/Odom will be deciding factors to the series IMO

GiantMetKnick
05-31-2009, 07:49 AM
Voted Lakers in 7, but I'm hoping Magic in 4.

JayW_1023
05-31-2009, 09:13 AM
If Kobe ages as well as Jordan the Lakers could contend for a title the coming six years...and I don't think Kobe would want to play baseball anytime soon. Pretty scary.

Kobe is at the point of his career where Duncan was two years ago...having to really cement that Hall of Fame status and proving people you still are championship piece without flukes.

JordansBulls
05-31-2009, 09:23 AM
Let me set the record straight 4 all u ORLANDO BANDWAGONERS!!! But first i'd like to say congrats for getting it this far and I admit Dwight Howard is a beast!!! But let's go thru ur playoff resume won in 7 against the SIXERS!! Who average what 50 points a game. Beat a boston team in a long series without their BEST PLAYER!! And win a series against the CLEVELAND LEBRONS!! I mean cavalers!

Lakers went 7 against the Rockets with no Yao or Tmac.

JordansBulls
05-31-2009, 09:54 AM
If the Magic win the title they will be the only team in history to beat 3 teams that won 60+ games in a season and the first team to beat two teams that won 65+ games in a season.

Eagles_Guy
05-31-2009, 10:50 AM

In all seriouness in this series MR.HOWARD is actually going to have a man he has to guard in Pau gasol, Van Gundy would b a fool to leave Lewis on gasol, if he did u can just start getting the bench ready for lewis cause hell be in foul trouble. Lakers have the size advantage at nearly every position and that means REBOUNDS a lot of them.

Ever hear of two guys named McGrady and Yao? :eyebrow:

ManRam
05-31-2009, 10:55 AM

Okay. The Lakers beat the 8th seed in the West, struggled against the Rockets, with like 50 million dollars worth of players sitting in street cloths (without their two best players), and the Nuggets (impressive, I didn't think they would.) We, on the other hand, did need 6 games, NOT 7, to beat Philly, did beat Boston in 7, which is no different than the Lakers beating Houston in 7 (slightly more impressive IMO), and did so in impressive fashion, and beat the team with the best record in the NBA in 6.

Even if that wasn't impressive, look how bad Boston looked before they got to the Finals last year...how'd that work out for them.

And your analysis is funny. Sure, Dwight hasn't faced great big men yet, but he's the defensive player of the year. If anyone can guard Pau it's Dwight. Yes, Rashard guarding Pau might be a struggle, but Pau guarding Rashard will be just as much as one. They might the advantage on the boards, but I'll come back at you and say the Magic are the better defensive team.

nyKnicks126
05-31-2009, 11:11 AM
I am hoping the Magic win man.

Kakaroach
05-31-2009, 11:24 AM
I think the Magic take this series in 6. If it goes to 7, the Lakers will win. But the Magic are a good road team and I'm banking on the fact that they will win all of their home games. Should be a fun series.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-31-2009, 11:33 AM
Magic in 6.

Bynum will not contain Howard.

Bynum has been a non-factor this whole playoffs.

Magic will win a road game and when the Magic are at home, bring your umbrellas cuz its gonna be raining treys.

B2theRY
05-31-2009, 11:35 AM
not even a magic fan

but i would much rather see them win than the lakers.

lakers are a deeper team than the cavs are however, if the magic can get back Nelson it may just be enough.

im rooting for the magic.

J-Relo
05-31-2009, 11:36 AM
Okay. The Lakers beat the 8th seed in the West, struggled against the Rockets, with like 50 million dollars worth of players sitting in street cloths (without their two best players), and the Nuggets (impressive, I didn't think they would.) We, on the other hand, did need 6 games, NOT 7, to beat Philly, did beat Boston in 7, which is no different than the Lakers beating Houston in 7 (slightly more impressive IMO), and did so in impressive fashion, and beat the team with the best record in the NBA in 6.

Even if that wasn't impressive, look how bad Boston looked before they got to the Finals last year...how'd that work out for them.

And your analysis is funny. Sure, Dwight hasn't faced great big men yet, but he's the defensive player of the year. If anyone can guard Pau it's Dwight. Yes, Rashard guarding Pau might be a struggle, but Pau guarding Rashard will be just as much as one. They might the advantage on the boards, but I'll come back at you and say the Magic are the better defensive team.

1. Actually both team struggled, their current playoff records are almost the same (Lakers 12-6 & Orlando 12-7). Comparing the teams that both teams played against is not the best way, however this is the way.

2. Struggling never helps.

3. His analysis is not funny. Why? Simply, because despite that Dwight is a good defensive player, it won't be as easy to guard Pau as it was in the previous series against other bigs... That brings foul trouble for Howard.

4. Pau won't guard Rashard. There are players like Ariza, Odom who i believe will play a huge role in the finals.

jkiddvc20
05-31-2009, 11:36 AM
My head tells me Lakers win this series pretty easily, but my heart has the Magic in 7!! If Dwight can dominate which I think he can because Bynums overratted, and Gasols soft I could see the Magic winning!

J-Relo
05-31-2009, 11:43 AM
My head tells me Lakers win this series pretty easily, but my heart has the Magic in 7!! If Dwight can dominate which I think he can because Bynums overratted, and Gasols soft I could see the Magic winning!

Bynum may be overrated and Gasol not taugh enough but they are better than anyone else Orlando has faced before...

I'm sure Howard will play well, but not dominating

theimortalone
05-31-2009, 12:00 PM
The Magic could get All-Star point guard Jameer Nelson back for the NBA Finals, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

Magic president Bob Vander Weide admitted that the team is trying to decide whether Nelson can return after undergoing shoulder surgery in mid-February.

Nelson wouldn't be in prime condition, but "the chance to get an All-Star point guard on the floor for 15 minutes a game ... you'd have to look at that," Vander Weide said.

As recently as a week and a half ago, the Magic said that Nelson was still out for the entire postseason.

Orlando Sentinel (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-sportsmagic-cavaliers-notes-31053109may31,0,4909212.story)

x_notorious
05-31-2009, 12:32 PM
1. Actually both team struggled, their current playoff records are almost the same (Lakers 12-6 & Orlando 12-7). Comparing the teams that both teams played against is not the best way, however this is the way.

2. Struggling never helps.

3. His analysis is not funny. Why? Simply, because despite that Dwight is a good defensive player, it won't be as easy to guard Pau as it was in the previous series against other bigs... That brings foul trouble for Howard.

4. Pau won't guard Rashard. There are players like Ariza, Odom who i believe will play a huge role in the finals.

Exactly.

Dwight's weakness has been exposed and that's the liability of committing too many fouls. 5.3 fouls per game in the Cleveland series and 4.5 throughout the playoffs. He now has to guard a big man who has a range off offensive moves in Gasol and has to account for the paint with guys like Kobe, Ariza, Odom and sometimes Bynum. This series will definitely test Howard defensively as all playoffs long his competition down low doesn't even come close to Gasol.

MiamiHeat
05-31-2009, 12:38 PM
since I live in Florida and the Heat are out of the playoffs
I'll be rooting for the Magic to win :up:

_PATRIOTS_
05-31-2009, 12:43 PM
I dont think the magics cant beat the lakers so ill say lakers in 4

rangersfanwes9
05-31-2009, 12:49 PM
Lakers in 5 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow this guy really knows basketball what a @@@@ didny we win 2 games in that sewer of tatoos

rangersfanwes9
05-31-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by JoeRealist
Nuggets WILL go up 3-1..Lakers cannot play on the road in the playoffs and will get demolished. Mark my words. You thought Houston was hostile? Wait till you see Denver..

Bye Lakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsman05
Quote me on this you won't beat us in Denver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24
Don't see the Lakers winning in Denver. The Nuggets had the win last night before they came out very flat in the 4th. They wont be flat at home. JR wont suck at home. They wont lose at home.

rangersfanwes9
05-31-2009, 12:53 PM
these guys could work for espn they know su much about the lakers, haha denver enjoy watching us on the big screen

ManRam
05-31-2009, 01:04 PM
these guys could work for espn they know su much about the lakers, haha denver enjoy watching us on the big screen

OMG!!!!!! My prediction was wrong. Have you ever been wrong in your life? I didn't think the Lakers would win on the road. I was wrong. I thought JR would be huge. I was right. I thought the Nuggets would come out strong, and not play flat. I was wrong.

What's the point of calling people out for making wrong predictions? Does it make you cool? Does it make you smarter? Does it make me an idiot? No. I was wrong. Whatever. Considering how the Lakers have played on the road these playoffs, and how Denver had played at home this series, it wasn't that ludicrous of a prediction at all...I was just wrong. Oh well. 50% of sportsnation was wrong. Are they all idiots who know nothing about basketball? No.

ManRam
05-31-2009, 01:08 PM
Exactly.

Dwight's weakness has been exposed and that's the liability of committing too many fouls. 5.3 fouls per game in the Cleveland series and 4.5 throughout the playoffs. He now has to guard a big man who has a range off offensive moves in Gasol and has to account for the paint with guys like Kobe, Ariza, Odom and sometimes Bynum. This series will definitely test Howard defensively as all playoffs long his competition down low doesn't even come close to Gasol.

Most of those fouls were on LeBron. The Lakers don't have a LeBron. Kobe is just as great as LeBron, but he doesn't attack the hoop nearly as much. Pau doesn't draw a ton of fouls either. He's definitely going to be a much tougher match up that anyone we've faced yet, I'm not denying that...but I just don't see Pau having a field day with Dwight. It's not like he's gone nuts these playoffs, playing against undersized, slower, less athletic big men. My only point is it goes both ways. It's going to be harder for Dwight, and it's going to be harder for Pau. That's my only point- look at it from both sides of the spectrum...

MagicBucsSox
05-31-2009, 01:16 PM
hmm

todu82
05-31-2009, 02:43 PM
Lakers in 5.

Gibby23
05-31-2009, 03:05 PM
Lewis will not be able to guard Gasol and Odom and Howard will have a hard time staying out of foul trouble. Lake Show in 5.

Vinny642
05-31-2009, 03:11 PM
you are Lakers lucky charm! Everytime you go against them, they win.. hopefully it works this time :p

Then I gotta stop rooting against you?:shrug:

jimbobjarree
05-31-2009, 03:22 PM
Orlando take game 1, and close it out at home. MP20 finals MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Vinny642
05-31-2009, 03:25 PM
LOL Pietrus nice surprise pick, Dwights gonna go crazy on Bynum, Bynum gonna play like 8 Mins then he is done.

yanksknicksgmen
05-31-2009, 03:34 PM
Magic in 7! Beat l.a

Vinny642
05-31-2009, 03:41 PM

I might shed a tear if that happened to my team.

Vinny642
05-31-2009, 03:45 PM
Im ready for a good finals.

IversonIsKrazy
05-31-2009, 03:51 PM
this series can go both ways.

Lakers just can't guard Dwight, and when they bring in another defender, they'll kick it out to the best 3-point shooting team in the league.

Orlando just can't guard Kobe, simple, the best defender they have is Micheal Pietrus, which is just not good enough.

Lakers win game 1,2,5,6. --> Lakers win the championship

jimbobjarree
05-31-2009, 03:52 PM
yes, goooo Magic!!!!

jimbobjarree
05-31-2009, 03:52 PM
this series can go both ways.

Lakers just can't guard Dwight, and when they bring in another defender, they'll kick it out to the best 3-point shooting team in the league.

Orlando just can't guard Kobe, simple, the best defender they have is Micheal Pietrus, which is just not good enough.

Lakers win game 1,2,5,6. --> Lakers win the championship

Pietrus is the man, he'll shut down whoever

showtym24
05-31-2009, 03:54 PM
Lakers in 5 kobe FMVP.

KiLLA RAiDER
05-31-2009, 04:17 PM
Lakers in 7!!! Kobe with the Finals MVP

Lakers in 6. Naw Pau Gasol wins MVP! :D

KiLLA RAiDER
05-31-2009, 04:19 PM

No Kobe. God couldnt guard Kobe, ask George Karl. :D Naw it should be a great Finals.

Go LakeShow

Vinny642
05-31-2009, 04:21 PM
I wonder how many Laker fans will talk sh** if they win? Becuase I wasn't here the last time they won.

ManRam
05-31-2009, 04:35 PM
I wonder how many Laker fans will talk sh** if they win? Becuase I wasn't here the last time they won.

It will be the apocalypse. ;)

what54!?
05-31-2009, 04:38 PM
I wonder how many Laker fans will talk sh** if they win? Becuase I wasn't here the last time they won.come on you know the answer to that

Vinny642
05-31-2009, 04:40 PM
Watch none of them get infractions or bans... but lets hope they don't win

Vinny642
05-31-2009, 04:44 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if they goto every other team forums and make a thread saying they won it

jimbobjarree
05-31-2009, 04:48 PM
No Kobe. God couldnt guard Kobe, ask George Karl. :D Naw it should be a great Finals.

Go LakeShow

no, mp20>god, so it should be a fair match up

LAKERMANIA
05-31-2009, 04:49 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if they goto every other team forums and make a thread saying they won it

The more you stir it up the more they will do it..

Vinny642
05-31-2009, 04:53 PM
Then I better prepare for their worst

dre1990
05-31-2009, 04:54 PM
Lakers in 5, but Magic put up a fight in every game.

Lakersfan2483
05-31-2009, 04:54 PM
I am picking the Lakers to win in 6 games. It should be a very exciting series and I feel like LA matches up well with Orlando. It's going to be interesting to see if Phil starts Odom in the finals and or he sticks with Bynum. Either way, the matchups are very good in this series. Ariza is the perfect defender against a guy like Hedo. Odom matches up well with Lewis and we have the combination of Bynum/Gasol to guard Howard. On the perimeter, we have Kobe to guard Lee/Pietrus/Alston, he can check any of those guys. At the point guard, we have Fish/Farmar/Brown to guard Johnson and Alston.

Ultimately, it's going to come down to closing games in the 4th quarter, and I believe the Lakers have the best closer/player in basketball in Kobe. They also have the personnel to defend the Magic perimeter players which works in our favor. This should be a great series to watch.

Eagles_Guy
05-31-2009, 05:00 PM
Just food for thought - if Dwight picks up 2 T's over the course of the series and is suspended - you know every non Laker fan will cry fowl and asterix it if the Lakers take it lol.

OG "Dee" LOCc
05-31-2009, 05:12 PM
Lakers in 6....

lakerboy
05-31-2009, 05:14 PM
The Laker fan in me is saying LA wins in 5.

If I had to put down money, I'm going LA with 6.

Game 1 and 2 are the most important. We gotta get them.

lakers4sho
05-31-2009, 05:14 PM
Forcing Jameer Nelson to play will be their biggest mistake if they decide to do that...

jimbobjarree
05-31-2009, 05:16 PM
I doubt it. the PG match up wont be all that interesting anyway if he doesnt return

Becks2307
05-31-2009, 05:17 PM
Kobe, Ariza and Odom can defend Hedo and Lewis. I believe Ariza will have a great series. He is gonna shut someone down imo.

what54!?
05-31-2009, 05:22 PM
Kobe, Ariza and Odom can defend Hedo and Lewis. I believe Ariza will have a great series. He is gonna shut someone down imo.
maybe hedo but not lewis.....

EX-TREME
05-31-2009, 05:23 PM
only one analyst picked the magic

Johnny_Chingas
well some of you guys have already said it...

The key is if our bigs can contain Howard and don't need to double up him freeing up space for their gaurds launching 3's at them.. I do think that this is possible so, I'm taking the Lakers in 5

x_notorious
Then I better prepare for their worst

No, you better prepare for a ban if your going to try to stir things up. Seriously, when have Laker fans made threads in other forums and gloat? If you haven't noticed, some Laker fans even make congratulation threads to opposing teams after a series was won. If they do make gloating threads, then they'll be handled immediately. But if your trying to instigate and bait Laker fans yourself, don't surprised if you receive a ban because that's what your trying to do in this thread.

EX-TREME
05-31-2009, 05:25 PM

:clap: he will shut down kobe :D

lakers4sho
05-31-2009, 05:26 PM
No, you better prepare for a ban if your going to try to stir things up. Seriously, when have Laker fans made threads in other forums and gloat? If you haven't noticed, some Laker fans even make congratulation threads to opposing teams after a series was won. If they do make gloating threads, then they'll be handled immediately. But if your trying to instigate and bait Laker fans yourself, don't surprised if you receive a ban because that's what your trying to do in this thread.

:nod:

DengelBerry
05-31-2009, 05:29 PM
I'm saying the Lakers in 6. I dont see Kobe and crew going empty handing back to back years, but it just depends on if Lamar shows up if he plays like he did in the past 2 games vs. Nuggets, Its over. The lakers will need that spark off the bench, and it will have to be a gut-check time for Bynum who has to guard Howard, not BS fouls, he needs to play like he did before he got injured. Its time for him to step up and become what he is suppose to be.

LAKERMANIA
05-31-2009, 05:30 PM

Exactly. People don't understand that it is because of them Laker fans decide to gloat. But we're Laker fans, each and every won of us will make a thread in the Memphis Grizzlies forum to rub it in their faces we won a title..:rolleyes:

Eagles_Guy
05-31-2009, 05:35 PM
well some of you guys have already said it...

The key is if our bigs can contain Howard and don't need to double up him freeing up space for their gaurds launching 3's at them.. I do think that this is possible so, I'm taking the Lakers in 5

They will though, he's too strong for Gasol or Odom, and Bynum makes too many mistakes and gets himself into foul trouble. The trouble is that everyone else on the floor is a decent 3 shooter. Who gets sent in to double? Howards play and his choices have gotten better and better as the playoffs have gone on IMO, culminating in his best game last night.

I think we'll see Kobe and Ariza drive alot to try and get D12 into foul trouble himself. I mean sure they won against the Sixers without him, but the Sixers ain't the Lakers. They will need Dwight or those shooters will be blanketed.

Vinny642
05-31-2009, 05:43 PM

IM not trying to freaking bait, I said IDK how the Lakers fans act when they win a championship, Im saying what do they do?? R they gonna rip ever other member on here or what?

jimbobjarree
05-31-2009, 05:52 PM
we'll have to wait a while longer to see that vinny. Magic have this on ein the bag :P

sanfranfan1210
05-31-2009, 05:55 PM
magic in 6

Vinny642
05-31-2009, 05:56 PM
I cant believe i got threatened to get banned/

lakers4sho
05-31-2009, 06:00 PM
we'll have to wait a while longer to see that vinny. Magic have this on ein the bag :P

hey jimbobby

jimbobjarree
05-31-2009, 06:10 PM
wot up L4S

I feel so big and black with this avvy

bahama0811
05-31-2009, 06:12 PM
Go Magic!!! Should be a good series.

Vinny642
05-31-2009, 06:12 PM
no he wants me to get banned too

Vinny642
05-31-2009, 06:14 PM

Dont tell me what im trying to do especially if its wrong

lakers4sho
05-31-2009, 06:15 PM
wot up L4S

I feel so big and black with this avvy

MP20 is a beast

Is he French?

Vinny642
05-31-2009, 06:19 PM
Yo i thought he talked american as hell then he spoke i was like whoa! didnt see that coming

lakers4sho
05-31-2009, 06:30 PM
Yo i thought he talked american as hell then he spoke i was like whoa! didnt see that coming

yeah at first I thought he was American too

x_notorious
05-31-2009, 06:34 PM
Dont tell me what im trying to do especially if its wrong

Exactly. What you are trying to do IS wrong and you have received your warning for it. Don't come in this thread and try to get under the skin of the Laker fans because it isn't happening. Zero Tolerance Policy is still in effect for the NBA and Lakers forum. If you would like talk about this any further, PM me. I'm not going discuss you're mini rants about what I said in this thread any further.

DODGERS&LAKERS
05-31-2009, 07:32 PM
I wonder if Shaq is pissed off about this finals match up. He cant be happy that these two teams are in the finals. I'm sure he would like Kobe to fail so he can say the Kobe cant do it without him. And maybe make another song about it.

I'm pretty sure he does not want D Howard to win a title with Orlando because he wants to be known as Superman. And because all those comments Shaq made about Howard would now be irrelevant.

I'm pretty sure he would not want to see the "Master of Panic" pick up a ring as well. Especially if he did not win one with Shaq and Wade, but might win one with Howard.

I wonder who Shaq wants to lose more.

lakers4sho
05-31-2009, 07:42 PM
I think he'll want Orlando to win...

...cause Kobe "can't do without me" :rolleyes:

jimbobjarree
05-31-2009, 07:52 PM
MP20 is a beast

Is he French?

yeah man, he was menna be the french michael Jordan when he was drafted, ala the nickname air france. And his name is Mickael...Mickael??? how American is that name. Still France has a pretty decent team when you think about it (Parker-Pietrus-Batum-Diaw-Noah and Ronny on the bench, pretty sweet)

plus he's god

Eagles_Guy
05-31-2009, 07:53 PM
Definitely the Lakers, I imagine nothing BB related puts a smile on the big guys face more than seeing Phil, Kobe and the Laker FO fail without him.

LakeShowRaider
05-31-2009, 07:57 PM
I'M SO EXCITED! AND i JUST CAN'T HIDE IT! I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!!

GO LAKERS!

lakers4sho
yeah man, he was menna be the french michael Jordan when he was drafted, ala the nickname air france. And his name is Mickael...Mickael??? how American is that name. Still France has a pretty decent team when you think about it (Parker-Pietrus-Batum-Diaw-Noah and Ronny on the bench, pretty sweet)

plus he's god

:pity:

Mike James is god.

Roger Mason is Jesus. Pietrus is probably one of his apostles.

ragee
Magic in 6! Can't believe 4 people said a sweep will happen! LOL very unlikely for either team!

ragee
05-31-2009, 08:02 PM
I wonder if Shaq is pissed off about this finals match up. He cant be happy that these two teams are in the finals. I'm sure he would like Kobe to fail so he can say the Kobe cant do it without him. And maybe make another song about it.

I'm pretty sure he does not want D Howard to win a title with Orlando because he wants to be known as Superman. And because all those comments Shaq made about Howard would now be irrelevant.

I'm pretty sure he would not want to see the "Master of Panic" pick up a ring as well. Especially if he did not win one with Shaq and Wade, but might win one with Howard.

I wonder who Shaq wants to lose more.

Hahahhaa.... Some very good points...

jimbobjarree
05-31-2009, 08:32 PM
:pity:

Mike James is god.

Roger Mason is Jesus. Pietrus is probably one of his apostles.

close, but still quite far off

Boki god
Henk is Jesus
Pietrus, Kosta, Brook and Richard Roby are his disciples

uhuhhhh

lakers4sho
05-31-2009, 08:33 PM

Boki god
Henk is Jesus

uhuhhhh

:cry:

Does that mean I fail at life??

Robbw241
05-31-2009, 08:33 PM

Boki god
Henk is Jesus

uhuhhhh
:clap:

jimbobjarree
05-31-2009, 08:35 PM
no, they are not as vengeful as you may think

Vinny642
05-31-2009, 08:36 PM
Im still at a loss of words right now, real talk, Do you guys think what I said was baiting?