PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Thunder/Grizz Fans

Hellcrooner
05-30-2009, 10:40 PM
http://www.marca.com/2009/05/30/baloncesto/nba/1243707521.html
Translation
Ricky Rubio talked for the first time about his future after the Lottery was Held.
He strongly pointed out in "el punt" " If there isnt a good Project* im not going to the nba"

In Usa speculation is common nowdays about Rickys Future.

The Spaniard gave confirmation that his Agent has beggining the round of contact with the Gms.

"We have to consider wich option is in my best interest, Memphis may got the second pick but that means NOTHING" stated the PG.

The truth is that the project is whats draws more interest out of me , "draft position is important because the higer pick the higer status you get, but you also have to take on account what team drafts you with waht kind of project and what kind of PLAYERS**"

Rubio didnt rule out playing one more season for Jouventut, " there is definetly a psosible scenaria that i play one more year for jouventot pending on the pick number and final negotiation, but mainly pending on the wealth of the Buy out my manager is negociating with Jouventut."

Its clear that Ricky will only go to play Nba in a good team " if there is not a good projecft for me im not going, if i go its because there is future".

* Project as in a clear plan on rebuilding with the right pieces and with clear ideas and objetives well structured.

** as i always said its not about the money, the market or **** is about not wanting to compete with established point guards, he does not want to rot in teh bench as happened to sergio rodriguezs, if he is not a starter his growth as a player and ceilling will come down so he wants to have the starting spot or a LOT of minutes ASSUREd.

~ShOrTy~
05-30-2009, 10:48 PM
Each day, im starting to hate Ricky. You should be happy people want to draft you

KnicksorBust
05-30-2009, 10:49 PM
Knicks!!!! Trade up!!!

lakers4sho
05-30-2009, 10:53 PM
god damn even an NBA rookie won't get starter minutes in his rookie season unless he's really good

I like Rubio as a player but don't expect to get minutes and ***** about your draft position when you haven't even played a single minute in this league.

If you ACCEPT your role FIRST, you can build on it and make a name for yourself.

Hellcrooner
05-30-2009, 10:57 PM
^Larry Bird, Kiki Vandewhege,Steve Francis, Kobe Bryant , Danny Ferry, Glenn Robinson, Jason Kidd, Detlef Schrempf,Jamaal Mashburn, Jim Jackson.

All of them bithched on drafts previous weeks because they didnt like the team, and a lot of them GOT what they wanted

what54!?
05-30-2009, 10:59 PM
meh oh well just another nba diva. really hope he can back up his talk talk in the leauge. The thunder weren't even gonna pick him even if they got the chance to.

lakers4sho
05-30-2009, 11:00 PM
^Larry Bird, Kiki Vandewhege,Steve Francis, Kobe Bryant , Danny Ferry, Glenn Robinson, Jason Kidd, Detlef Schrempf,Jamaal Mashburn, Jim Jackson.

All of them bithched on drafts previous weeks because they didnt like the team, and a lot of them GOT what they wanted

Oh yeah and Ricky Rubio is on the same skill level as these players :rolleyes:

Kobe didn't start and didn't get as many minutes as he does now during his first 2-3 years in the league. It wasn't until they traded Eddie Jones that Kobe got the regular minutes.

Ryan328
05-30-2009, 11:00 PM
Yeah I heard the Thunder like Arizona State SG James Harden.

Hellcrooner
05-30-2009, 11:04 PM
Oh yeah and Ricky Rubio is on the same skill level as these players :rolleyes:

Kobe didn't start and didn't get as many minutes as he does now during his first 2-3 years in the league. It wasn't until they traded Eddie Jones that Kobe got the regular minutes.

He is no Bird or Kobe, he CAN become a better Kidd he SHOULD be better than
Vandewhege, Mashburn or Schrmepf and for god sakes not reaching RObisnon, Jackson,Francis would be very deveiving....

He ALREADY is better than Danny FErry :p

dee279
05-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Hes unproven. Unproven players shouldnt even have that bigga ego.

Hellcrooner
05-30-2009, 11:13 PM
^all those guys were Umproved when they did pretty much the same than Rubio.

superkegger
05-30-2009, 11:14 PM
It doesn't really matter, if he stays in the draft, he won't have a choice. If he's waiting for a good team to get a lottery pick, he's never going to come to the NBA

KnicksorBust
05-30-2009, 11:14 PM
He might owe Jovi $8 million, ROFL. I don't know if I would be excited about going to Memphis and trying to find a way to payback the $8 mil I owe.

I don't blame him. Donnie Walsh make it happen! In NY he can endorse ANYTHING and make that money right back. He can go on tour with the Jonas Brothers and it'd be a smash hit as long as he's in Ny. Ricky Rubio dog scoopers. IT DOESN'T MATTER!

ggg
05-30-2009, 11:21 PM
haha. ill have fisher or farmar start before him anytime.

Hellcrooner
05-30-2009, 11:24 PM
^I woudl more than GLADLY give up Bynum and Farmar for RUbio and Marc dude.

We SUCK at PG, the only reason Denver and HOuston gave is such a hard times was neither Fisher or Farmar is worht JACK in defense.

Lets hope they can do with Alston...

lakers4sho
05-30-2009, 11:25 PM
A huge ego can hurt you in the long run.

(search Kwame Brown)

pete_one
05-30-2009, 11:26 PM
i'd love to see ricky rubio in a knickerbockers jersey, bring basketball back to new york!

lakers4sho
05-30-2009, 11:26 PM
^I woudl more than GLADLY give up Bynum and Farmar for RUbio and Marc dude.

We SUCK at PG, the only reason Denver and HOuston gave is such a hard times was neither Fisher or Farmar is worht JACK in defense.

Lets hope they can do with Alston...

No.

Bynum has a higher ceiling than Marc. And Rubio won't do better defensively RIGHT NOW than Farmar.

I'm a big fan of Ricky, in fact I want him to do well in this league. But let's not get ahead of ourselves too early.

NJrockPD
05-30-2009, 11:31 PM
It doesn't really matter, if he stays in the draft, he won't have a choice. If he's waiting for a good team to get a lottery pick, he's never going to come to the NBA

Good point.

Hellcrooner
05-30-2009, 11:33 PM
thing is if nothing is done and his pick has been dealt BEFORE 15 june deadline he will drop out of the draft.

koreancabbage
05-30-2009, 11:42 PM
haha. ill have fisher or farmar start before him anytime.

have you seen Derek Fisher play in these playoffs. he's an old man that can't play defense. Shannon Brown is righting the ship when he gets to play.

Bulls_fan90
05-30-2009, 11:45 PM

Chicago got it last year. And we're AWESOME :D

superkegger
05-30-2009, 11:59 PM
Chicago got it last year. And we're AWESOME :D

awesome? good. and thats a once every 4 or 5 years situation, and chicago didn't have some big injury that put them from the playoffs as a 50 win team to lottery, they just stunk, and thats why they were where they were.

If Rubio is waiting for something big to happen so he can go to a big market, he should just keep his ***** *** in europe.

Frrrrank!!!
05-31-2009, 12:07 AM
If a player is good enough he shouldn't need starting minutes handed to him. If he puts in the effort he will get a chance to show what he has. Good enough players come in and make an impact whether they are starting or not.

Becks2307
05-31-2009, 12:12 AM
Ricky Rubio comes to the Knicks, half you guys on psd hates him already
this is awesome !:)

superkegger
05-31-2009, 12:13 AM
If a player is good enough he shouldn't need starting minutes handed to him. If he puts in the effort he will get a chance to show what he has. Good enough players come in and make an impact whether they are starting or not.

if he's good enough, he will. besides, he has no idea what memphis will do if they draft him. he just needs to stop being a little whiner.

Hellcrooner
05-31-2009, 12:13 AM
^Thats true when you are AMERICAN.

Euros have to try harded and fight harder to prove their Value.

Go ask Barganani how many jokes about him he had to go trough till this year.

Ask Calderon how it felt that he was DOOMED to be TJ fords reserve until he Injured and Sam smith saw the light.

Ask Pau how he felt when he arrived in memphis and Jason williams was the supposed go to guy and he had to spent the first 5 game son the bench behind STROMILE SWIFT and Battier was the player the franchise was showcasing as the future of the franchise.

Ask how he felt when the folowing year they drafted Gooden supposedly to put gasol on the bench.

Ask scola how he fells when people goes and looks surprised he can score 25 points ain a game if given the ball enough.

etc etc etc etc

lakers4sho
05-31-2009, 12:18 AM
ok so we're back to the race issue over again :rolleyes:

superkegger
05-31-2009, 12:20 AM
^Thats true when you are AMERICAN.

Euros have to try harded and fight harder to prove their Value.

Go ask Barganani how many jokes about him he had to go trough till this year.

Ask Calderon how it felt that he was DOOMED to be TJ fords reserve until he Injured and Sam smith saw the light.

Ask Pau how he felt when he arrived in memphis and Jason williams was the supposed go to guy and he had to spent the first 5 game son the bench behind STROMILE SWIFT and Battier was the player the franchise was showcasing as the future of the franchise.

Ask how he felt when the folowing year they drafted Gooden supposedly to put gasol on the bench.

Ask scola how he fells when people goes and looks surprised he can score 25 points ain a game if given the ball enough.

etc etc etc etc

Yes, the only rookies to ever struggle to get PT are Euros. No American player has ever struggled to get playing time. Ever. Solid point.

Like Beasley. He came in, and was the first option, and they just handed him the keys to the franchise as a rookie.........

mzgrizz
05-31-2009, 12:24 AM
Superkegger, you are dead on with this assessment. I doubt a prima donna 18 year old can dictate squat to the NBA. He can stay in Europe for all I care. Or we can draft him and hold his rights until the cows come home .

mzgrizz
05-31-2009, 12:27 AM
Or whenever some BIG CITY GM's want to buy us and him out. Maybe he'll grow up in a few years and realize "it's not all about me".

Hellcrooner
05-31-2009, 12:27 AM
^he stil got his minutes.

How many minutes did Larry Brown award to his second round picks Darko Milicic?

and no in 2004 he DIDNT suck he was a project that given the right amount of minutes COuld/would have FLourished but instead got wasted.

Rubio does not want to take that risk

Hellcrooner
05-31-2009, 12:28 AM
Or whenever some BIG CITY GM's want to buy us and him out. Maybe he'll grow up in a few years and realize "it's not all about me".
Funny statement about a guy that

1 does not care for scoring at ALL you can BET his stats wil ahve more Assists per game than Points per game

2 is going to PAY MONEY for the rpivilege to play in the league.

lakers4sho
05-31-2009, 12:47 AM

and no in 2004 he DIDNT suck he was a project that given the right amount of minutes COuld/would have FLourished but instead got wasted.

You won't survive if you aren't willing to take risks ;)

If he really feels that way then he should stay there. Wait for a couple more years to improve his game.

superkegger
05-31-2009, 12:49 AM

Darko has gotten minutes since, and still hasn't shown dick.

And I really don't know if you know what the **** you're talking about.

Pau, rookie year, 82 games played, 79 games started, 36mpg.
In his career, of all the games he's played in, he's started all but 6.
He's never played less than 31.5 mpg in any season.

Bargnani, rookie year, 65 games played, only started 2. Still got 25mpg.
His second year, he hit a terrible slump, and played less because of it. 23.9mpg.
This year, 31.4mpg, while starting 59 of his 78 games.

Calderon, rookie year, 64 games played, started 11, 23.2 mpg.
2nd year, 77 games, 11 started, 21.0 mpg
3rd year 82 games, 56 started, 30.3 mpg
4th year, 68 games, 68 started, 34.3 mpg

Conversely.

Rookie year minutes per game for American players:
Greg Oden- 21.5mpg
Kevin Love- 26.3mpg
Michael Beasley- 24.9mpg
Joe Alexander- 12.1mpg
Jerryd Bayless-12.4mpg
Corey Brewer- 22.8mpg
Spencer Hawes- 13.1mpg
LaMarcus Aldridge- 22.1mpg
Rudy Gay- 27mpg
Marvin Williams- 24.7mpg
Devin Harris-15.4mpg

and the list goes on and on.

So please, next time, actually know what you're talking about before you bring weak *** arguments in here

Hellcrooner
05-31-2009, 12:54 AM
^can you tell me how many minutes a game did Rose,ROy,Lebron, Melo, Stoudamire, Durant, Duncan, Iverson, Grant Hill, Jason kidd make???????????????

Because THAT is the Kind of Rookie Rubio woudl be if he was american.

IRUAM #21
05-31-2009, 12:55 AM
It's obvious that David Stern rigged it so Americans can get more PT.

what54!?
05-31-2009, 12:58 AM
It's obvious that David Stern rigged it so Americans can get more PT.
yeap and thats why gasol was in memphis all those years.

superkegger
05-31-2009, 12:59 AM
^can you tell me how many minutes a game did Rose,ROy,Lebron, Melo, Stoudamire, Durant, Duncan, Iverson, Grant Hill, Jason kidd make???????????????

Because THAT is the Kind of Rookie Rubio woudl be if he was american.

Maybe, maybe not. If he is THAT good, he'll get the minutes. If he really is a legit superstar rookie as you claim, he'll get the playing time. But you've just put Rubio in the league of several Hall of Famers and saying he will be that good. Guys that good get minutes, regardless. If he truly is that talented, it won't matter.

Hellcrooner
05-31-2009, 01:02 AM
Maybe, maybe not. If he is THAT good, he'll get the minutes. If he really is a legit superstar rookie as you claim, he'll get the playing time. But you've just put Rubio in the league of several Hall of Famers and saying he will be that good. Guys that good get minutes, regardless. If he truly is that talented, it won't matter.

Dratzen Petrovic, Hall of Fame, Number retired in New Jersey, Psoblly the BEST player ever to come out of europe.

Go check his Rookie Blazers Numbers for playing time.

lakers4sho
05-31-2009, 01:15 AM
So you're saying he should get full time starter minutes even when he hasn't even tasted a minute of an NBA game?? Not a chance.

superkegger
05-31-2009, 01:18 AM
Dratzen Petrovic, Hall of Fame, Number retired in New Jersey, Psoblly the BEST player ever to come out of europe.

Go check his Rookie Blazers Numbers for playing time.

Crooner, you can keep posting examples all day of players from Europe who didn't get their "due time" their rookie year.

You know how many minutes Kobe got his rookie year? 15.5

You know how many minutes Pippen got his rookie year? 20.9

You know how many minutes Stockton got his rookie year? 18.2

I can do this all ****ing day.

Point is, if Rubio is good enough to play 35 minutes a game, he will. If he's not, he won't. It won't have a god damn thing to do with the fact that he's from Spain. It will have to do that he's not totally NBA ready at 18.

lakers4sho
05-31-2009, 01:30 AM
^^ exactly what I was trying to tell him.

Hellcrooner
05-31-2009, 01:36 AM
^lets see next year what people think if i say John Wall has to be a reserve and play 10 minutes a game.

lakers4sho
05-31-2009, 01:39 AM
Who's John Wall?

superkegger
05-31-2009, 01:39 AM
^lets see next year what people think if i say John Wall has to be a reserve and play 10 minutes a game.

Crooner, please show me an example of a lottery pick playing only 10 minutes a game who was clearly deserving of 35 mpg. Show me these guys who didn't even play a quarter a game, that should have been playing 3 quarters, their rookie year.

Hellcrooner
05-31-2009, 01:45 AM
the next year first pick even if Rubio waits for next year aparently because he is god and the next big thing and much better than rubio even if he has onoly played scrubs at hs level :p

Hellcrooner
05-31-2009, 01:48 AM
Crooner, please show me an example of a lottery pick playing only 10 minutes a game who was clearly deserving of 35 mpg. Show me these guys who didn't even play a quarter a game, that should have been playing 3 quarters, their rookie year.

Again, PETROVIC.

Hellcrooner
05-31-2009, 01:50 AM
And also im not stupid it all deppends WHO is starting for the team that drafts him.
IM sure if Clipers get him he wont mess with Baron and he wouldnt mess with Kidd or Nash, in fact i think he would LOVE to back up Nash or Kidd for a year and play 20 mpg while learning for them.

but he of course WONT back up players that are WORSE than him like Conley or Westbrookd.

superkegger
05-31-2009, 01:52 AM
Again, PETROVIC.

He played 12.6 mpg, and he was behind this guy, who happens to be ok. Perhaps you've heard of Clyde Drexler?

Next you're going to tell me, he should have started over Clyde Drexler.

Hellcrooner
05-31-2009, 01:57 AM
^Petro could play PG and Drexler could play SF so dont tell me there wasnt room for geting him 25 mpg.

superkegger
05-31-2009, 02:01 AM
^Petro could play PG and Drexler could play SF so dont tell me there wasnt room for geting him 25 mpg.

Maybe. That was also a different era though.

That was 1989-1990, when there were what, 3 international players in the NBA. Yeah he had talent, and maybe he should have played more. He was a much bigger unknown at the time.

Also the Blazers also were contenders that year, winning 59 games. and title contenders don't just give a ton of minutes to rookies in general.

Bottom line, if Ricky is good enough, he'll get his god damn playing time, and thats all their is to it. Nobody is going to draft him top 5 with the intention to play him 15 minutes a game. If he really is NBA ready, he'll play. If he's not, he won't. That god damn simple.

Baller1
05-31-2009, 02:03 AM
Whatever. Rubio's a *****. I don't want him anyway. I hope he goes to somewhere he wants to, and starts. That way Westbrook can **** on him and prove to him why he shouldn't have been *****ing about going to OKC.

Bulls_fan90
05-31-2009, 02:31 AM
awesome? good. and thats a once every 4 or 5 years situation, and chicago didn't have some big injury that put them from the playoffs as a 50 win team to lottery, they just stunk, and thats why they were where they were.

If Rubio is waiting for something big to happen so he can go to a big market, he should just keep his ***** *** in europe.

I was joking, hence the big smile and the capital "awesome". But i think Rubio wants a big market (La, Chicago, NY, Boston) not a 50 win team contending to be in the playoffs.

Hellcrooner
05-31-2009, 02:42 AM
also the " if you are good yo will get your minutes" thing is simply not true.

Ill put you a scenario, everybody says john wall is a beast, is next years number 1 pick for sure balh blah bla bla bleh.

Ok lets say he INDEED is all that and its Magic Johnsons second coming.

Now think, the DISGRaCFULL knicks win the lottery, that pick was traded to......tadah!!!!!!! the UTAH JAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man im Sure Wall woudl do anything posible for the Jazz not to take himin order to not spoil his career.

nad that withouth having to pa from his pocket money to play in there...

abe_froman
05-31-2009, 02:44 AM

Ill put you a scenario, everybody says john wall is a beast, is next years number 1 pick for sure balh blah bla bla bleh.

Now think, the DISGRaCFULL knicks win the lottery, that pick was traded to......tadah!!!!!!! the UTAH JAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man im Sure Wall woudl do anything posible for the Jazz not to take himin order to not spoil his career.

he'd be moved to sg(he's more wade than magic anyways),but i get whast your saying.but thing is jazz wouldnt be trading up to a to top 5 pick to take a pg unless they thought he would be better than deron

Hellcrooner
05-31-2009, 02:52 AM
^they dont need to trade up is kicks pick that they own what im talking about.

In Rubios mind the thing is.

New york Cris duhon, worth jack.

Sacramento, Beno Udrih Worht jack.

Clippers, Davis, Allstar not too old (like a nash or kidd) and long contract. TROUBLE.

Memphis CONLEY Young with upside that has two years in the league and coaches are conservative TROUBLE.

OKC, Westrbook cant realy play the Two because he cant shoo, neither can i, he is ALL HYPED up because he overacheived last season TROUBLE.

is there any wonder he is trying his best to press a trade to sacramento or Ny????

Specially since he would be basically playing for free because the buy out is going to eat ALL His rookis salaray?

superkegger
05-31-2009, 02:54 AM

So it would be impossible for Utah to move the combo guard wall to sg? Since they essentially don't have one. Sure brewer is decent, but he's more suited for SF. Or they couldn't trade the pick?

Now you're just making up hypothetical's to try and prove a point. If a player can contribute at a high level for 30 minutes a game, teams are going to try and find a way to do that.

It Utah got the #1 pick next year, you don't think they'd attempt to move it? trade down a few spots to still get a top prospect and then some, because they don't need wall?

If Rubio is as good as you say he is, which is apparently in the Tim Duncan, Jason Kidd, LeBron James, range, he'll get his minutes.

abe_froman
05-31-2009, 02:54 AM
^they dont need to trade up is kicks pick that they own what im talking about.

In Rubios mind the thing is.

New york Cris duhon, worth jack.

Sacramento, Beno Udrih Worht jack.

Clippers, Davis, Allstar not too old (like a nash or kidd) and long contract. TROUBLE.

Memphis CONLEY Young with upside that has two years in the league and coaches are conservative TROUBLE.

OKC, Westrbook cant realy play the Two because he cant shoo, neither can i, he is ALL HYPED up because he overacheived last season TROUBLE.

is there any wonder he is trying his best to press a trade to sacramento or Ny????

Specially since he would be basically playing for free because the buy out is going to eat ALL His rookis salaray?
clips arent taking him
memphis would take him with the thought of trading conley(not for rubio to be a back up)
and okc,to move westbrook to sg

if they were to take him,which one of them will

so calm down and lay your fears of ricky being stuck behind someone/riding the bench to rest,and you can stop hyperventilating.its not going to happen

Hellcrooner
05-31-2009, 02:58 AM
he wont be a lebron or duncn

He CAn be a kidd.

He will find very DIFFICULT to be considered a star nowdays, in fact i KNOW 99% sure that people is going to call him a bust all his career.

because theyahve compared him with maravich, so people will expect a 25 ppg 10 assist dude.

and they are going to get a 10 ppg 16 aapg dude that cares for D and for making players around better.

superkegger
05-31-2009, 03:01 AM
he wont be a lebron or duncn

He CAn be a kidd.

He will find very DIFFICULT to be considered a star nowdays, in fact i KNOW 99% sure that people is going to call him a bust all his career.

because theyahve compared him with maravich, so people will expect a 25 ppg 10 assist dude.

and they are going to get a 10 ppg 16 aapg dude that cares for D and for making players around better.

no one is going to call a 16apg dude a bust, since its never been done before in the NBA.

Hellcrooner
05-31-2009, 03:04 AM
i assure you they will

some people out of American Cahuvinism

others out of love for their fav palyer being other pg like Harris or Rose or paul or wahtever.

others out of hate for what he is doing now.

others because media focus too much on high scoring players.

Only thing that can save him is going to NY, with Dantoni systme he may go and score....14 a game and dish like 20 assists :D

Hellcrooner
05-31-2009, 03:07 AM
i also expect him to struglle a bit at the begining until the roids make their effect and he bulks up.

Im sure they woudl hange him the Soft, does not deffend label as soon as he arrives and they will never remove it no matter if he is a BEAST deffending and stealing balls.

superkegger
05-31-2009, 03:07 AM
i assure you they will

some people out of American Cahuvinism

others out of love for their fav palyer being other pg like Harris or Rose or paul or wahtever.

others out of hate for what he is doing now.

others because media focus too much on high scoring players.

Only thing that can save him is going to NY, with Dantoni systme he may go and score....14 a game and dish like 20 assists :D

some people will hate him yes, but no one is going to call a guy who gets 16 apg a bust. He'd be breaking john stocktons record apg for a season by 1.5 apg. Which I'm going to go out a limb and say, it's not going to happen.

Cali4rnia
05-31-2009, 03:10 AM
he aint getting picked second ne ways... this *** needs to stop crying... watch this clown turn out to be a bust lol :) I think laker should some how get him.. phil doesnt play rookies n e ways.. lol put him on the bench for next 3 years lol :) hey he wants to be in a good team doesnt he lol :) get umm PHIL

superkegger
05-31-2009, 03:12 AM
i also expect him to struglle a bit at the begining until the roids make their effect and he bulks up.

Im sure they woudl hange him the Soft, does not deffend label as soon as he arrives and they will never remove it no matter if he is a BEAST deffending and stealing balls.

you continually make assertions about "American Chauvinism", and then make these kind of broad sweeping generalizations about our attitudes and what we'll do and how we'll label a player, which itself is incredibly chauvinist. You do get that don't you?

THE MTL
05-31-2009, 03:14 AM
Well iono why Rubio singled out Memphis & OKC. Iono why his agent doesnt mind SAC? SAC has NO PLAN whatsoever. They have NO MONEY! Not a wealth of picks like Portland/Minny/OKC/Memphis! NO coach! Team looks doomed!

Anyway, I hope Rubio forces his way to NYC

sciferguy
05-31-2009, 04:08 AM
If he stays in the draft he does have a choice because memphis is not going to waste a #2 pick on guy who doesnt want to play for them...they will draft him then trade him most likely so they get a player or 2 they want or need a later first round pick to boot.

That would be the absolutely smartest thing to do.

You can't knock a guy for wanting to compete for a championship his first year in. He doesn't care about the money. Thats why most guy care about a high draft pick because they get paid more. This kid already gets paid. He wants to be on the best team to compete for championships. He is not dreaming of the nba to get out of the ghetto. Rubio is a winner and winners do what they have to do to keep winning.

NYstateofMinD
05-31-2009, 08:53 AM
Hellcrooner you are a clown. He is not better than Westbrook at this point. He's a ****** rookie for god's sake. Look at his stats vs real starts against the dream team last year. Not all that impressive, because he is young!!! STFU already with this stupid whining of yours.

fredv
05-31-2009, 09:55 AM
He's a douche for turning down the Thunder. They have a great future.

lakers4sho
05-31-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm not too sure if he'll have a bright future in NY as well, knowing them trying their best to pursue LeBron.

But if LBJ stays and they get Bosh or Amare, I think Rubio would be a good fit with D'Antoni's.

VCaintdead17
05-31-2009, 10:55 AM
I really hope the Kings some how manage to get this guy. He would be a perfect fit.