PDA

View Full Version : JR Smith- "We're definitely the better team"

superkegger
05-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ak6GGw8JwvNMatqN1gtU0uW8vLYF?slug=ap-nuggetswrapup&prov=ap&type=lgns)

DENVER (AP)—The Denver Nuggets are torn between what-ifs and what-a-year.

Deep down, they still think they’re the best team in the West and maybe even in the NBA altogether. They won’t get a chance to prove it, however, after losing the conference finals in six games to Kobe Bryant(notes) and the steely Los Angeles Lakers.

“I think we’re better athletically,” J.R. Smith(notes) said. “Pound for pound, I think we’re definitely the better team.”

Carmelo Anthony(notes) agrees but he also knows that’s the loser’s lament.

“We can always talk, we can say it all day every day,” he said. “But until we go out there and beat the Lakers, they’re going to be the best team in the West.”

Amazing that even after getting beat JR stills says they're the better team.

carter15
05-30-2009, 07:21 PM
well i mean i no they lost...but they cud of easily had a 2-0 lead and then most likely wud have won the series...its not like the lakers are far and away the better team in my opinion...and seeing as how hes a member of the Denver Nuggets...whats wrong with what he said.?

Catfish1314
05-30-2009, 07:24 PM
I could almost see some sense to this if they lost a close Game 7. But they were blown out at home in Game 6. The Nuggets are a really good team and they have some promise for next year, but lose graciously. Shutting up and focusing on next season is what JR and Martin should be doing.

superkegger
05-30-2009, 07:27 PM
well i mean i no they lost...but they cud of easily had a 2-0 lead and then most likely wud have won the series...its not like the lakers are far and away the better team in my opinion...and seeing as how hes a member of the Denver Nuggets...whats wrong with what he said.?

I guess if every game had been close, and they had lost in 7 on a close play. But they lost 2 of the 3 games at home, and just got beat down on game 6, at home, in a close out game.

It would be one thing to say, we're a good team, and we have learned a lot and we'll be ready for next year. But when you lose, you aren't the better team, because you lost. The better team wins, not the worse team.

theuuord
05-30-2009, 07:29 PM
lol it's JR Smith. he loves talking. so what?

GoatMilk
05-30-2009, 07:34 PM
well, at least Carmelo knows.

JR's gotta grow up and give credit where credit is due
6 games including a total beat down in game 6. maybe next year JR

Kenny
05-30-2009, 07:34 PM
I guess if every game had been close, and they had lost in 7 on a close play. But they lost 2 of the 3 games at home, and just got beat down on game 6, at home, in a close out game.

It would be one thing to say, we're a good team, and we have learned a lot and we'll be ready for next year. But when you lose, you aren't the better team, because you lost. The better team wins, not the worse team.

Thats not always true the better team doesnt always win.. In this case it did, but if the best teams won every time then why even play the games

TheCooLKid2020
05-30-2009, 07:35 PM
umm Nuggets were... They are just not the more Experienced team... Lakers been here before... Nuggets haven't.... Don't know why you lakers fans are taking offense to this.... And you're way wrong about the better team always winning... If that's the case then no upsets would ever happen... Experience and Kobe playing like he is the best player in the league proved to hurt the nuggets

Akagaminosteven
05-30-2009, 07:38 PM
umm Nuggets were... They are just not the more Experienced team... Lakers been here before... Nuggets haven't.... Don't know why you lakers fans are taking offense to this.... And you're way wrong about the better team always winning... If that's the case then no upsets would ever happen... Experience and Kobe playing like he is the best player in the league proved to hurt the nuggets

I don't understand why having Kobe and experience is something separate from having the better team. It's as if you're saying that the best way to evaluate who has the better team is to remove Kobe, the team's experience, and then compare the Lakers and Nuggets.

superkegger
05-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Thats not always true the better team doesnt always win.. In this case it did, but if the best teams won every time then why even play the games

because games aren't decided on paper. if you're better you're going to win. one team may have more talent, but just having a lot of talent doesn't make you a better team. putting it all together, being more composed, executing better, and all that, is part of being better.

tr4shb0t
05-30-2009, 07:40 PM
obviously

ink
05-30-2009, 07:41 PM
Sorry, but I don't buy this thread at all. If it turns out to be nothing more than an excuse to bash the Nuggets for believing in themselves it will be closed.

They're just showing that they believe in what they have on the team. Let's not take things out of context and say that it somehow shows disrespect. :rolleyes:

TheCooLKid2020
05-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Kobe played Lights out.... And they know what it takes to win in a big games like the Western Conference finals.... I'm just saying Nuggets Should have won this series... but inexperience in handeling Situation down the stretch in GAME 1 and 3.... If you think the Lakers Outplayed the nuggets (except game 6) you are crazy... the Lakers Just knew what they needed to do to win... Nuggets Freaked out

jimbobjarree
05-30-2009, 07:43 PM
Sorry, but I don't buy this thread at all. If it turns out to be nothing more than an excuse to bash the Nuggets for believing in themselves it will be closed.

They're just showing that they believe in what they have on the team. Let's not take things out of context and say that it somehow shows disrespect. :rolleyes:

wooooo lets bash the Nuggets wooooooo

GiantMetKnick
05-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Melo said it best. And JR Smith should be slapped.

TheCooLKid2020
05-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Ya this thread is pointless... If you ever have played a sport in your life you would know.. That sometimes you lose games you feel and think you shouldn't have.... Nuggets Felt they were the better team and just didn't put it together like they should have

ink
05-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Kobe played Lights out.... And they know what it takes to win in a big games like the Western Conference finals.... I'm just saying Nuggets Should have won this series... but inexperience in handeling Situation down the stretch in GAME 1 and 3.... If you think the Lakers Outplayed the nuggets (except game 6) you are crazy... the Lakers Just knew what they needed to do to win... Nuggets Freaked out

I agree. They did.

Ya this thread is pointless... If you ever have played a sport in your life you would know.. That sometimes you lose games you feel and think you shouldn't have.... Nuggets Felt they were the better team and just didn't put it together like they should have

Completely agree.

superkegger
05-30-2009, 07:47 PM

So you're saying being the better team is only about talent, and not about composure and execution?

superkegger
05-30-2009, 07:50 PM

It's one thing to have confidence, another to be arrogant even in defeat.

ink
05-30-2009, 07:51 PM
So you're saying being the better team is only about talent, and not about composure and execution?

At best it's a semantic debate about what "better team" means. :shrug:

What a big surprise: the guy is showing he believes in his team.

It was an interview where they were likely disappointed in themselves for not doing more with the talent they had.

superkegger
05-30-2009, 07:53 PM
At best it's a semantic debate about what "better team" means. :shrug:

What a big surprise: the guy is showing he believes in his team.

It was an interview where they were likely disappointed in themselves for not doing more with the talent they had.

Like I said, confidence is one thing, arrogance is another.

Kenyon and JR talked **** the whole series. And in defeat, they still maintain they're the better team. It's immature and arrogant.

ink
05-30-2009, 07:53 PM
It's one thing to have confidence, another to be arrogant even in defeat.

I don't think it's arrogance. He's just stating what he believes. The rest of the article made it clear that they know the Lakers won the series.

ink
05-30-2009, 07:56 PM
Like I said, confidence is one thing, arrogance is another.

Kenyon and JR talked **** the whole series. And in defeat, they still maintain they're the better team. It's immature and arrogant.

It's one statement. I'd say it's not very mature of us to need to get angry about one statement.

I just really get sick of the hating people give these players. Just let them be themselves.

He's disappointed in the ending to the season. He believes the Nuggets are more athletic. He believes that makes them a better team. He also believes they should have beaten the Lakers. Find me a Nuggets fan who doesn't think they should have beaten the Lakers.

That's not arrogance. That's believing in yourself and your team. He's full of regret because they couldn't finish off a team they thought they were better than. I don't see anything wrong with that.

TheCooLKid2020
05-30-2009, 07:58 PM

No i'm not saying that at all... I am saying the nuggets weren't experienced enough to beat this team that went to the FINALS last year... Nuggets were the better team, they just didn't know how to handle this GOOD, Experienced, Well Coached team.... Lakers know what it takes to make it to the finals.... Only Billups and Kenyon know what it takes for the nuggets... Melo, JR, Nene, Anderson, all of them... This was a learning experience... you can't teach Experience.. You can't teach how to win Game 6 at home when your backs on the wall... You can't teach how to win game three at home when you have a clear advantage... LAkers knew how and know how to win big games... That will never change as long as kobe is there.

TheCooLKid2020
05-30-2009, 08:00 PM
It's one statement. I'd say it's not very mature of us to need to get angry about one statement.

I just really get sick of the hating people give these players. Just let them be themselves.

He's disappointed in the ending to the season. He believes the Nuggets are more athletic. He believes that makes them a better team. He also believes they should have beaten the Lakers. Find me a Nuggets fan who doesn't think they should have beaten the Lakers.

That's not arrogance. That's believing in yourself and your team. He's full of regret because they couldn't finish off a team they thought they were better than. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Very Well put

superkegger
05-30-2009, 08:00 PM

I'm not angry. I just think it's ridiculous.

That's fine if he's dissapointed, that's normal. To maintain that you're better than the team that just beat you in a 7 game series, and embarrased you on your home floor in a closeout game 6, that's arrogance.

Had Lamar Odom said after last years Finals game 6, "We're the more athletic team, We're definitely the better team." He would be ridiculed to no end. It would called, arrogant, dumb, and so on.

Why you're giving JR or Kenyon a free pass, I don't know.
The Lakers beat the Nuggets, because they were better, they executed better down the stretch, and they had composure.

superkegger
05-30-2009, 08:03 PM
No i'm not saying that at all... I am saying the nuggets weren't experienced enough to beat this team that went to the FINALS last year... Nuggets were the better team, they just didn't know how to handle this GOOD, Experienced, Well Coached team.... Lakers know what it takes to make it to the finals.... Only Billups and Kenyon know what it takes for the nuggets... Melo, JR, Nene, Anderson, all of them... This was a learning experience... you can't teach Experience.. You can't teach how to win Game 6 at home when your backs on the wall... You can't teach how to win game three at home when you have a clear advantage... LAkers knew how and know how to win big games... That will never change as long as kobe is there.

I'm still not following how you seperate experience/composure from the equation of what makes a team better. Yes, the Lakers have the experience, which is part of what makes them better.

ink
05-30-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm not angry. I just think it's ridiculous.

I don't even think it's ridiculous. I just think people love to hate on players and they jump at the chance. People also wore absure "Odom is GARBAGE" sigs all last year. How ridiculous does THAT look now??? People love to hate and JR is a convenient target.

superkegger
05-30-2009, 08:07 PM
I don't even think it's ridiculous. I just think people love to hate on players and they jump at the chance. People also wore absure "Odom is GARBAGE" sigs all last year. How ridiculous does THAT look now???

it was ridiculous then, and it still is. but that's a serperate issue.

Do people love to hate certain players? Yes.

Do I dislike JR Smith and Kenyon Martin? You betcha. They talked trash before and during the series, and even in defeat, they still maintain that they're the better team, when they have no crutch to lean on with that statement.

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 08:09 PM
I don't understand why having Kobe and experience is something separate from having the better team. It's as if you're saying that the best way to evaluate who has the better team is to remove Kobe, the team's experience, and then compare the Lakers and Nuggets.

LoL nice.:clap:

borat
05-30-2009, 08:11 PM
Who cares what these nugget chumps say?

They're irrelevant now. Go rest your bodies, get out the fishing pole and enjoy your time off. :D

ink
05-30-2009, 08:12 PM
it was ridiculous then, and it still is. but that's a serperate issue.

Do people love to hate certain players? Yes.

Do I dislike JR Smith and Kenyon Martin? You betcha. They talked trash before and during the series, and even in defeat, they still maintain that they're the better team, when they have no crutch to lean on with that statement.

They are who they are. He didn't commit some heinous crime. He just said they were more athletic and the better team. Court-marshall him, drag him through the streets ...

:shrug:

I get worked up about basketball ON THE COURT, not some innocuous statement from a disappointed player after being eliminated. You can see that all he's really doing is trying to fuel himself to come back hard next year.

fast_break
05-30-2009, 08:14 PM
nuggets talk the talk

lakers walk the walk. nuff said

TheCooLKid2020
05-30-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm still not following how you seperate experience/composure from the equation of what makes a team better. Yes, the Lakers have the experience, which is part of what makes them better.

The only thing the Lakers had over the nuggets was experience.

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 08:17 PM

:rolleyes:

superkegger
05-30-2009, 08:18 PM
They are who they are. He didn't commit some heinous crime. He just said they were more athletic and the better team. Court-marshall him, drag him through the streets ...

:shrug:

I get worked up about basketball ON THE COURT, not some innocuous statement from a disappointed player after being eliminated. You can see that all he's really doing is trying to fuel himself to come back hard next year.

Then why doesn't he do that in a way that doesn't he fuel himself up in a way that doesn't make him look like a *******.

Melo seems to get that:

Carmelo Anthony agrees but he also knows that’s the loser’s lament.

“We can always talk, we can say it all day every day,” he said. “But until we go out there and beat the Lakers, they’re going to be the best team in the West.”

“We need everybody back,” Anthony said. “We want everybody back. We want our same team. It took the Lakers a couple of years to get where they’re at right now. They built it not overnight. It took time. I think that’s where we see our team right now.”

JR and Kenyon don't.

“I think we’re better athletically,” J.R. Smith(notes) said. “Pound for pound, I think we’re definitely the better team.”

"I think we're better than them, actually, to be honest," Martin said after Friday's season-ending loss. "But we didn't prove that. That's obvious, cause they're moving on and we're not. But I think we have a better team than they do."

Chauncey Billups gets it:

“These guys have been through a lot in just one season, grew up a lot,” Chauncey Billups said Saturday. “That’s when you start to turn the corner and get better, when you see what did and didn’t work and you get better from it.”

Chris Andersen gets it:

“We were one series away from getting to the big show and I think next year we would be very capable, if we had the same squad, of making our way there and possibly even winning the championship,” Andersen said.

superkegger
05-30-2009, 08:20 PM

Yeah, it had nothing to do with no answer for Kobe, Pau's offensive ability, or the Lakers ability to limit Chauncey, none of that. Just experience. Ok....

TheCooLKid2020
05-30-2009, 08:21 PM
And I'm not saying that the nuggets were better in every other catogory they probably tied in most everythings... But seriously if you think the Lakers would have won game 1 and 3 without the nuggets choking and Not being custom to big games then your crazy

silvTeg98
05-30-2009, 08:21 PM
jr smith and kenyon are morons. nothing they say should be taken seriously

TheCooLKid2020
05-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Gasol wasn't even a Factor till game 5... Lakers fans kNow the Bigs didn't play like they should have all series.. Yes and like I said Earlier Kobe played like he was the best player in the league

superkegger
05-30-2009, 08:25 PM
And I'm not saying that the nuggets were better in every other catogory they probably tied in most everythings... But seriously if you think the Lakers would have won game 1 and 3 without the nuggets choking and Not being custom to big games then your crazy

No one's disputing that they made bad plays there, but part of that was the Lakers executing their gameplan and our players being who they are. We put Lamar Odom on the inbounder, and he made it hard to inbound with his length. The bad passes were a result of Odom, and Ariza being the althlete and having the ability to gamble on passes and come up with them, is no mistake. Half of it may be bad play on the Nuggets part, but it didn't result out of nothing. The Lakers worked to get what they won, and they were the better team.

TheCooLKid2020
05-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Laker Fans just act like Victims every year.... WHAT IF YOU LOST TO HOUSTON... AND KOBE WAS LIKE "WE WERE THE BETTER TEAM BUT WE JUST didn't Play like it"... YOU LAKERS FANS WOULDN'T Be SAYING SQUAT

championships
05-30-2009, 08:28 PM

Doesn't this make you the better team?:shrug: The team that knows what it takes to win. Sounds like the better team to me. J.R. Smith just got his, tough guy, feelings hurt.:cry:

superkegger
05-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Laker Fans just act like Victims every year.... WHAT IF YOU LOST TO HOUSTON... AND KOBE WAS LIKE "WE WERE THE BETTER TEAM BUT WE JUST didn't Play like it"... YOU LAKERS FANS WOULDN'T Be SAYING SQUAT

but we didn't lose to houston, and kobe didn't say that.

TheCooLKid2020
05-30-2009, 08:29 PM
No one's disputing that they made bad plays there, but part of that was the Lakers executing their gameplan and our players being who they are. We put Lamar Odom on the inbounder, and he made it hard to inbound with his length. The bad passes were a result of Odom, and Ariza being the althlete and having the ability to gamble on passes and come up with them, is no mistake. Half of it may be bad play on the Nuggets part, but it didn't result out of nothing. The Lakers worked to get what they won, and they were the better team.

Ok but that's not what lost them the game... The nuggets were up by 7 - 8 Points with like 10 minutes Left... Losing that deficit lost them the game

ink
Then why doesn't he do that in a way that doesn't he fuel himself up in a way that doesn't make him look like a *******.

Melo seems to get that:

JR and Kenyon don't.

Chauncey Billups gets it:

Chris Andersen gets it:

Good. Then the leaders will guide the other guys.

D Blue987

I have read your posts and have concluded that you are in denial. You discredit the team that is going on regardless of the original issue in the thread. You are entitled to your opinion but when your logic becomes misconstrued you are in denial. end of story.

TheCooLKid2020
05-30-2009, 08:30 PM
but we didn't lose to houston, and kobe didn't say that.

Ok but you know in your mind your better than houston correct... if they stole Game 7 from you, you know you would feel that way... so Stop Bashing Players from other teams feeling the same Way

junion
05-30-2009, 08:30 PM
these kind of debates never have a winner.

some people believe 'the better team' is based on talent, and stats, and what's on paper.

some believe that 'the better team' is the one who wins through execution, talent, and experience, and ultimately wins

because the definition of 'the better team' is different between people, it cannot be argued properly. there is not one universal definition of 'the better team'

fast_break
05-30-2009, 08:31 PM
what if what if what if waht if :cry:

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 08:31 PM

Your arguments are based on what ifs and BS. Fact is the Lakers are the better team and are in the championship regardless of what you say.

And yea it wouldn't be the Lakers saying they're the better team to an injury depleted Houston Rockets. It'd be everyone else saying it. Your argument is baseless.

superkegger
05-30-2009, 08:32 PM
Ok but that's not what lost them the game... The nuggets were up by 7 - 8 Points with like 10 minutes Left... Losing that deficit lost them the game

And your reasoning is the only reason the Nuggets lost the game is because they didn't have the experience. That if we fast forward to next year, the Nuggets wouldn't lose that lead?

Fayzon10
05-30-2009, 08:33 PM
The only thing the Lakers had over the nuggets was experience. I don't understand that statement when the Lakers swept them in the first round just last year and the only difference this year was that the Denver won two games.. I don't know how that makes Denver better? Denver has not proven that they are better than the Lakers they just haven't.

ink
05-30-2009, 08:33 PM
these kind of debates never have a winner.

some people believe 'the better team' is based on talent, and stats, and what's on paper.

some believe that 'the better team' is the one who wins through execution, talent, and experience, and ultimately wins

because the definition of 'the better team' is different between people, it cannot be argued properly. there is not one universal definition of 'the better team'

Exactly.

At best this thread would lead to a semantic discussion.

At worst it could turn into the usual hate-on-your-least-favourite-player-of-the-moment thread and it'll end up being closed.

I don't see how either type would be a great thread.

TheCooLKid2020
05-30-2009, 08:34 PM
I have read your posts and have concluded that you are in denial. You discredit the team that is going on regardless of the original issue in the thread. You are entitled to your opinion but when your logic becomes misconstrued you are in denial. end of story.

Ok, I don't know how much Credit I can give to the Lakers... I just feel the Lakers weren't playing like they should have all playoffs longs... Nuggets came in to the series the better team and Played like it for the Most part Until... Experience of being there before set in.....Lakers Played Great, Kobe reminded me why I idol him so Much as a player... I Just think Nuggets were the better team but Playing in the WCF against a team who has been there before set in and Hurt them.. They Didn't know how to handle the big stage

championships

......and talent, and height, and Some guy who goes by the name Kobe Bryant.

superkegger
Ok but you know in your mind your better than houston correct... if they stole Game 7 from you, you know you would feel that way... so Stop Bashing Players from other teams feeling the same Way

But they didn't steal game 7, making it irrelevant. That Lakers beat Houston because they were the bette team.

And the Lakers trounced the Nuggets, in Denver, in Game 6. They didn't steal a game 7, they beat a team down in a game 6 when they were on the road.

rapswin98
05-30-2009, 08:35 PM
obviouslyjust read tr4shb0t sig, sniffing glue has killed his brain cells

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Exactly.

At best this thread would lead to a semantic discussion.

At worst it could turn into the usual hate-on-your-least-favourite-player-of-the-moment thread and it'll end up being closed.

I don't see how either type would be a great thread.

I see it turning into an epic thread.

ink
05-30-2009, 08:38 PM
I see it turning into an epic thread.

I see it being closed because it won't be going anywhere and it will be full of fights.

It's pointless to try to re-fight the series on the internet. lol. That's all people will end up doing.

TheCooLKid2020
05-30-2009, 08:40 PM
And your reasoning is the only reason the Nuggets lost the game is because they didn't have the experience. That if we fast forward to next year, the Nuggets wouldn't lose that lead?

I don't know... I can see into the future... Maybe they would... Maybe they wouldn't... Personally I think it would be handled differently... I remember My first year in the state Playoffs we were up by 5 with a minute left... we got Content and lost the lead... Lost the Game... By my senior Year I didn't let situations like that happen... You remind your team... It stays in your mind.... TO me I think the Lakers will win the Finals and Losing to boston will prove to be the reason why... This group remembers last year and Won't let that happen

TheCooLKid2020
05-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Lakers fans hear me out... I think the Lakers Are a great team... I am in no why bashing them but I just don't think you guys should be so Offended By what a player thinks or feels... Like if you have never felt you were the better Team at some point in your life, or Better person for the Job, or Better Boyfriend/girlfriend that the Person he/she Picked over you, or The better Teammate in pickup Football/basketball, better love, better kisser.... than I don't know... You are not a competitor

artest_kobe
05-30-2009, 08:57 PM
who is jr smith?

theuuord
05-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Lakers fans hear me out... I think the Lakers Are a great team... I am in no why bashing them but I just don't think you guys should be so Offended By what a player thinks or feels... Like if you have never felt you were the better Team at some point in your life, or Better person for the Job, or Better Boyfriend/girlfriend that the Person he/she Picked over you, or The better Teammate in pickup Football/basketball, better love, better kisser.... than I don't know... You are not a competitor

.....this has nothing to do with sports, does it?

go call that girl right now before you lose her!

Er1c
05-30-2009, 08:59 PM
stupidass JR...he talks so much and doesn't even have any back ups...

MickeyMgl
05-30-2009, 08:59 PM
Better at what? Cooking? Karaoke? Chicken-dancing?

I mean, when a team that won 11 more games than you in the regular season, also beats you head-to-head 7 out of 10 times, what is the reasonable conclusion?

How else is any reasonable person supposed to determine which team is better at playing basketball? They beat the league more often. They beat the Nuggets more often. If you reach back to include games from the last two seasons, it's even more one-sided.

This is why mental midgets like JR Smith and Kenyon Martin will never be champions. As far as they're concerned, they're already where they need to be - they just haven't "proven it" yet to the rest of the world... which unlike them, is living in reality.

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 09:00 PM

Hahahaha :clap:

WakeUpTheEchoes
05-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Why is this such a big deal? Yeah, they lost. But he's still showing confidence in his team. Nothing wrong with that.

ink
05-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Why is this such a big deal? Yeah, they lost. But he's still showing confidence in his team. Nothing wrong with that.

It's only a big deal because people WANT to be offended.

Statik1
05-30-2009, 09:20 PM
LOL

He's been knocked out two years in row by the Lakers

How does it feel to eat crow j.r.

LOL

DenButsu
05-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Oh, and here's another "sore winner" thread.

For a team that's moving forward, why are you guys so focused on looking back?

ARMIN12NBA
05-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Oh, and here's another "sore winner" thread.

For a team that's moving forward, why are you guys so focused on looking back?

Why are you so butthurt (aka being a sore loser)? When has it become a ****ing crime to discuss a quote? It happens everyday, but once one of your own players says something then it is something that is deemed to be not thread worthy by you. Stay classy Den. Stay classy. :eyebrow:

DenButsu
05-30-2009, 09:36 PM
:yawn:

ARMIN12NBA
05-30-2009, 09:38 PM
:yawn:

:laugh:

DenButsu
05-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Seriously. This **** is getting ****ing old, especially from you in particular (as you well know). Don't you Lakers fans have anything better to do than bash the Nuggets when they're down already? Like maybe watch the game being played now to find out who your next opponent is?

ARMIN12NBA
05-30-2009, 09:43 PM
seriously. This **** is getting ****ing old, especially from you in particular (as you well know). Don't you lakers fans have anything better to do than bash the nuggets when they're down already? Like maybe watch the game being played now to find out who your next opponent is?

When did I EVER bash the nuggets???

What the **** Den?

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Ink did I not say this would be epic?

Statik1
05-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Seriously. This **** is getting ****ing old, especially from you in particular (as you well know). Don't you Lakers fans have anything better to do than bash the Nuggets when they're down already? Like maybe watch the game being played now to find out who your next opponent is?

J.R. did some talking right along with red lips on his neck Martin.... This is a sports forum where pretty much everything gets dissected.

If it makes you mad why don't you just ignore it ?

If the nugget fans keep complaining it only pours (http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/4893717/ist24555856-gas-can-pouring_Full.jpg) more on

NY15METS2006
05-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Theres nothing wrong with believing yourself and your team. I would much rather my players say this than say "Oh well we didn't deserve to be here. The Lakers were clearly the better team and they deserved it." Because frankly, it really wasn't the case. If the Nuggets knew how to inbound, this series would either be at a game 7 or over...with the Lakers going home. There is nothing wrong with what he said.

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 09:58 PM
Why does everyone assume if the Nuggets inbounded the ball they would not only score, but they would win? Both times they were inbounding they were down so that argument is irrelevant. Could they have gotten a shot off? Yes. Does it mean they would automatically win. Hell no. You can't predict what would've happened after the ball was inbounded. Period.

NY15METS2006
05-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Why does everyone assume if the Nuggets inbounded the ball they would not only score, but they would win? Both times they were inbounding they were down so that argument is irrelevant. Could they have gotten a shot off? Yes. Does it mean they would automatically win. Hell no. You can't predict what would've happened after the ball was inbounded. Period.

no one is assuming they would definately win. But those two inbound passes SEALED the games for the Lakers. It could have been completely and totally different. The Nuggets and Lakers know that.

stensley
05-30-2009, 10:07 PM

would of, could of but didn't...... If would of grown to be 6'6, I could of been a NBA star but didn't happen so it means nothing:cool:

stensley
05-30-2009, 10:11 PM

I would say that in a 7 game series, the better team usually wins, if it was just one game like the NCAA's then I think you can argue that the better team may of not won.:eyebrow:

TheCooLKid2020
05-30-2009, 11:24 PM

Really man.... I was just Speaking for those people who have never touched a Basketball and come on her and get mad when a player says something... So i was trying to come up with Different Examples so the So called sports heads here Can understand.... How about you Get off this Little Site and Go talk to a girl for once.... Give your hand a rest for one night

Raidaz4Life
05-30-2009, 11:40 PM
Isn't this the same guy that guaranteed the Nuggets would be in the finals? yeah.... I think its safe to say he has no credibility at this point

theuuord
05-30-2009, 11:40 PM
Really man.... I was just Speaking for those people who have never touched a Basketball and come on her and get mad when a player says something... So i was trying to come up with Different Examples so the So called sports heads here Can understand.... How about you Get off this Little Site and Go talk to a girl for once.... Give your hand a rest for one night

lol, dude you're ridiculous.

i love the whole "you disagree with me so you must never get laid" argument that comes around here so much.
what are you, 16?

newsflash: it's not hard to get laid as a grown-up.

koreancabbage
05-30-2009, 11:49 PM
thesis: in my opinion, pound for pound, the lakers have the better team and better talent.

proof: arguably the best 1-2 punch in the league with Byrant and Gasol. as well: Lamar "frikkin" Odom showed up in games 5 and 6.

conclusion: a trip to the NBA finals.

lakersfan211
05-31-2009, 12:04 AM
well i think jr and kmart should set a fishing date thats all they will be doing now the better team and they lost by 27 points in a close out game , give me a break , nuggets you got thrashed on your own home court , get over it .

Incublime24
05-31-2009, 12:06 AM
whatever...theyre just a bunch of thugs anyway.