PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with Tom Thibodeau?

pippsux
05-30-2009, 04:11 PM
He is credited with the Celtics defense and prior to that was an assistant with Van Gundy in Htown. His name always comes up, but he never gets the job. I personally would like to see him get a shot, but what do you guys think? What is wrong with Tom thibodeau? Why doesn't he get any shots? Conspiracy theorists begin.....

AllTheWay
05-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Maybe he has no idea how to run an offense? Like Mike Brown.

abe_froman
05-30-2009, 04:17 PM
he has gotten looks,but also remember that c's wouldnt let him go so easily

pippsux
05-30-2009, 04:24 PM

Mike Brown is being exposed. Lebron might as well send Brown to the showers and coach the team.

But I think you are right about the "no idea" on the offensive side. Todays NBA coach has to be good on both ends a la Phil Jackson, Greg Pop, Pat Riley.

pippsux
05-30-2009, 04:28 PM

I think they will still play the same D with Tom T. The defensive nucleus is still in place.

Blah Blah Blah
05-30-2009, 04:39 PM
Tom is a great assistant coach with a great defensive mind that the celtics love but with the lack of offensive experience it is difficult. Mike Brown is a great example of that, he has cleveland's defense coached exceptionally well but offensively it's only Lebron. Also with no prior head coaching experience it will hurt his chances. Flip and Eddie both had successful head coaching experiences and thus got jobs. It will be interesting what SAC does with a vacancy or even what Minnesota does with a good chance of McHale leaving the post due to failed contract negotiations.

IndyRealist
05-30-2009, 05:34 PM
What he needs to do is line up a offensive coordinator for his staff should he get a head coaching job. "Yeah, if you give me the job Flip Saunders said he'll come over and design the offense."

madiaz3
05-30-2009, 06:46 PM
Mike Dantoni and Tom Thibodeux for the greatest coaching duo of all time

pippsux
05-30-2009, 07:02 PM
^ Now you're talking!

kblo247
05-30-2009, 08:31 PM

That actually would be deadly.

The only thing that could rival it would be

JVG being hired to be the defensive coach of the Lakers to complement Phil

TheShock45
05-30-2009, 08:46 PM

that could be it, some people are willing to give a coach who might not be good offensively a shot but if it could cost them a 1st rounder people turn away

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 08:53 PM
He sucks at job interviews.

Giaps
05-30-2009, 09:27 PM
He is credited with the Celtics defense and prior to that was an assistant with Van Gundy in Htown. His name always comes up, but he never gets the job. I personally would like to see him get a shot, but what do you guys think? What is wrong with Tom thibodeau? Why doesn't he get any shots? Conspiracy theorists begin.....
He was also on the Knicks staff with JVG when they went to the finals in 99. I'd say the man has plenty of experience and he is the most deserving assistant in the NBA for a head coaching job. He was actually my preference over D'Antoni last year. The 2 combined would have been great.

kblo247
05-30-2009, 10:10 PM
He was also on the Knicks staff with JVG when they went to the finals in 99. I'd say the man has plenty of experience and he is the most deserving assistant in the NBA for a head coaching job. He was actually my preference over D'Antoni last year. The 2 combined would have been great.

Kurt Rambis could be called deserving as well especially after being Phil's pupil

Angel
05-30-2009, 11:00 PM

I know huh. That could possibly be a good duo. A great offensive coach who knows nothing about defense teamed up with a great defensive coach like Tom Thibodeau? That might be a great mix for the Knicks. I doubt Thibodeau would leave his assistant job with Boston though to take an assistant job with the Knicks. It would have to be a starting position to pry him away from the Celtics. He would fit well in Minnesota I think. He knows half the team anyway because they all used to be Celtics. LOL

superkegger
05-31-2009, 12:17 AM

this would be my guess

jetsfan89
05-31-2009, 12:27 AM
Kurt Rambis could be called deserving as well especially after being Phil's pupil

that sig of your is so awesome