PDA

View Full Version : If the Cavs make the Finals I will declare that the NBA is rigged...

-PRIMETIME-
05-30-2009, 12:27 AM
-2006, first let me say that I am a big believer (along with Cuban) that the 2006 Finals were in fact rigged...they tried to make Wade the next Jordan, Dirk just wasn't marketable and the ratings at the time were at an all time low since Jordan was playing...

now of coarse, you are going to see that I live in Dallas and roll your eyes...FINE..we can just ignore that and move on...

-2007, the next year Cuban launches a mulri-million dollar investigation and the Cavs end up getting swept by the Spurs in the Finals...was this rigged?...No way, but the NBA was already looking suspicious...so maybe they put that the rigging on hold and let them just play...

the result was BORING

-2008, Now this next year we have proof that a ref was in fact rigging games to pay off his supposed debt to the mob...we can see how easy it is to do and how it just takes a few people to pull it off...and when he was getting accused he supposedly was ready to give out the names of many other refs that were rigging games!!!...HOLY SHII!!!...THAT SHOULD BE A KILLER TO FANS!!!...but it kinda just got swept away and is now forgotten about...BUT WOW, we now have the greatest rivalry of all time!!! Celtics and Lakers!!!...AMAZING!!!...how did the Lakers get Odom again?...And how did the Celtics end up with a squad like that after being the worst team in the NBA?...is it not just A LITTLE STRANGE!!!????

-2009...If the Magic beat the Cavs then everything I have typed so far will be pretty meaningless for the most part...and to myself...BUT IF THE CAVS GO???....That is too much IMO...NO WAY....no offense to the Cavs or to Lebron, he is awesome and a legit MVP IMO but it is just to much to take seriously...I won't be able to take the Finals seriously...It will seem to much like a soap opera, just....RIGGED FOR VIEWERS...

anyway, that is my little rant on the possibility that the NBA is rigged...

still1ballin
05-30-2009, 12:38 AM
Lakers won!!

theuuord
05-30-2009, 12:40 AM
wait a sec, YOU will declare it!?!?!!?

good to know, since everyone cares about your opinion so much.

thanks yo!

Chronz
05-30-2009, 12:42 AM
If Bron loses, Cavs fan will say its rigged to get Bron out of Cleveland, if Bron wins morons will look past his greatness.

IRUAM #21
05-30-2009, 12:44 AM
Thanks for this thread, it's such an original topic, thank you very much.

-PRIMETIME-
05-30-2009, 12:46 AM
Thanks for this thread, it's such an original topic, thank you very much.

:laugh2:

I couldn't find this topic in here???

sorry if this has been brought up a ton, but I don't see it...:shrug:

theuuord
05-30-2009, 12:47 AM
seriously, when did every unlikely thing that happened in the NBA start leading people to think the game was rigged!?

this stuff wasn't happening when the Sox beat the Yanks after being down 3-0, and that league has had WAY more problems with the media questioning the "integrity" of the game...

Gibby23
05-30-2009, 12:47 AM
-2006, first let me say that I am a big believer (along with Cuban) that the 2006 Finals were in fact rigged...they tried to make Wade the next Jordan, Dirk just wasn't marketable and the ratings at the time were at an all time low since Jordan was playing...

now of coarse, you are going to see that I live in Dallas and roll your eyes...FINE..we can just ignore that and move on...

-2007, the next year Cuban launches a mulri-million dollar investigation and the Cavs end up getting swept by the Spurs in the Finals...was this rigged?...No way, but the NBA was already looking suspicious...so maybe they put that the rigging on hold and let them just play...

the result was BORING

-2008, Now this next year we have proof that a ref was in fact rigging games to pay off his supposed debt to the mob...we can see how easy it is to do and how it just takes a few people to pull it off...and when he was getting accused he supposedly was ready to give out the names of many other refs that were rigging games!!!...HOLY SHII!!!...THAT SHOULD BE A KILLER TO FANS!!!...but it kinda just got swept away and is now forgotten about...BUT WOW, we now have the greatest rivalry of all time!!! Celtics and Lakers!!!...AMAZING!!!...how did the Lakers get Odom again?...And how did the Celtics end up with a squad like that after being the worst team in the NBA?...is it not just A LITTLE STRANGE!!!????

-2009...If the Magic beat the Cavs then everything I have typed so far will be pretty meaningless for the most part...and to myself...BUT IF THE CAVS GO???....That is too much IMO...NO WAY....no offense to the Cavs or to Lebron, he is awesome and a legit MVP IMO but it is just to much to take seriously...I won't be able to take the Finals seriously...It will seem to much like a soap opera, just....RIGGED FOR VIEWERS...

anyway, that is my little rant on the possibility that the NBA is rigged...

I think this is your 1st non football related post.

FaceDown91
05-30-2009, 12:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDW0ZnZxjn4&feature=related

-PRIMETIME-
05-30-2009, 12:51 AM
I think this is your 1st non football related post.

I have other posts in here...and about the Rangers in MLB

and in the general disscusions...

and I just found a thread on this subject on page 2 in here...

sorry, all I did was sweep the first page...

seriously, when did every unlikely thing that happened in the NBA start leading people to think the game was rigged!?

this stuff wasn't happening when the Sox beat the Yanks after being down 3-0, and that league has had WAY more problems with the media questioning the "integrity" of the game...

^^^the bad economy mixed with god awful ratings...

and the fact that it was proven to have happened no tto long ago in the past...

now if you have Kobe vs. Lebron suddenly with Lebron was down 3-1 in his series you have to admitt that looks strange...

superkegger
05-30-2009, 12:51 AM
If the NBA was rigged, SA would not have 4 titles.

If the NBA was rigged, Greg Oden and Kevin Durant would not be in Portland and OKC.

If the NBA was rigged, LA wouldn't have lost in the Finals in 2004.

Among many many other things...

If the NBA was rigged, we'd know it for sure. Unless David Stern has some kind of Gestapo secret police to keep every single person ever affiliated with the NBA and could ahve any kind of knowledge of rigging, we'd for sure know of what exactly was rigged.

We wouldn't just have one rogue ref who bet on games then make allegations to save his ***.

The NBA is not rigged.

-PRIMETIME-
05-30-2009, 12:52 AM
wait a sec, YOU will declare it!?!?!!?

good to know, since everyone cares about your opinion so much.

thanks yo!

that is correct...

and now you know, my opinion is the only one that is truely valid...

you are welcome...

theuuord
05-30-2009, 12:53 AM
and the fact that it was proven to have happened no tto long ago in the past...

when!? a rogue ref betting on games!? that's not proof of rigging, that's one idiot trying to make money for himself.

-PRIMETIME-
05-30-2009, 12:54 AM
If the NBA was rigged, SA would not have 4 titles.

If the NBA was rigged, Greg Oden and Kevin Durant would not be in Portland and OKC.

If the NBA was rigged, LA wouldn't have lost in the Finals in 2004.

Among many many other things...

If the NBA was rigged, we'd know it for sure. Unless David Stern has some kind of Gestapo secret police to keep every single person ever affiliated with the NBA and could ahve any kind of knowledge of rigging, we'd for sure know of what exactly was rigged.

We wouldn't just have one rogue ref who bet on games then make allegations to save his ***.

The NBA is not rigged.

when San Antonio was winning the economy/ratings/ticket sales were just fine...

they wren't rigged in 07 cuz the NBA was under a damn microscope....

as far as rigging a draft that is 100x harder than 1 or 2 refs making bad calls...

rigging the draft wold involve a group of people...

rigging a game would just involve Stern and 1 ref...THAT IS IT

theuuord
05-30-2009, 12:55 AM
^^^the bad economy mixed with god awful ratings...

that doesn't answer the more general question about why basketball gets all these ZOMGTHEGAMEISRIGGED posts, but the other major sports don't.

now if you have Kobe vs. Lebron suddenly with Lebron was down 3-1 in his series you have to admitt that looks strange...

why does it look strange that the best team in basketball clinched their Finals trip today, and the two best defensive teams in the league - one with the MVP, the other with the DPOY - are fighting for the other spot?

that actually looks rather normal to me.

Gibby23
05-30-2009, 12:55 AM
Cowboys suck!

ggg
05-30-2009, 12:56 AM
you mean Gasol?

but yeah, if the cavs won by foul trouble on dwight tommorow, it is hella rigged. I'd be disappointed if dwight keep getting called for ticky tacks.

FaceDown91

as far as rigging a draft that is 100x harder than 1 or 2 refs making bad calls...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McAeQiLmEYU&NR=1

my response is just gonna be from a video for now on lol.

Evolution=FACT
Why? It is very possible the cavs will pull it off. they have something no one else does, LEBRON

superkegger
05-30-2009, 01:00 AM

Ratings were **** for those finals. Absolute ****.

As far as rigging a series. It would take more than 1 ref, since they rotate every game. And I'm not sure how often refs work the same series, I don't think it's very often. Meaning stern would ahve to work with multiple refs for a series to be rigged. And that no ref, other than the non credible Tim Donaghy has ever come forward to make any such allegations, i find it pretty ahrd to believe. He's got way too much to lose by rigging it. If anyone ever found out, the NBA would be in shambles and lose all credibility.

what54!?
05-30-2009, 01:01 AM
the magic will handle their bussiness in game 6

-PRIMETIME-
05-30-2009, 01:02 AM
that doesn't answer the more general question about why basketball gets all these ZOMGTHEGAMEISRIGGED posts, but the other major sports don't.
because of the recent history of HORRID calls...

have you seen all the Heat/Dallas crap on YouTube???

some of the calls were just ridiculous...they made it were it was IMPOSSIBLE for Dallas to play any defense without getting a whistle...

here you go:

Phantom Foul 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lX_qMS9bRY&feature=related

Phantom Foul 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuukM40T974&feature=related

Phantom Foul 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fydhtOSlfW0&feature=related
^^^LOOK AT THAT!!!

HOW IS THAT NOT RIGGED!!!???

Phantom Foul 4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZKGlHfukc4&feature=related

Phantom Foul 5:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y8nI1PPYOk&feature=related

^^^ Dirk learning that he is NOT ALLOWED TO GAURD AT ALL!!!

no other sport has these reffing issues...it is ridiculous...every year it seems

IRUAM #21
05-30-2009, 01:03 AM
I think Primetime's still mad that Wade pwned the Mavs.

-PRIMETIME-
05-30-2009, 01:03 AM
you mean Gasol?

but yeah, if the cavs won by foul trouble on dwight tommorow, it is hella rigged. I'd be disappointed if dwight keep getting called for ticky tacks.

yes...

sorry

theuuord
05-30-2009, 01:04 AM
because of the recent history of HORRID calls...

have you seen all the Heat/Dallas crap on YouTube???

some of the calls were just ridiculous...they made it were it was IMPOSSIBLE for Dallas to play any defense without getting a whistle...

here you go:

Phantom Foul 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lX_qMS9bRY&feature=related

Phantom Foul 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuukM40T974&feature=related

Phantom Foul 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fydhtOSlfW0&feature=related
^^^LOOK AT THAT!!!

HOW IS THAT NOT RIGGED!!!???

Phantom Foul 4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZKGlHfukc4&feature=related

Phantom Foul 5:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y8nI1PPYOk&feature=related

^^^ Dirk learning that he is NOT ALLOWED TO GAURD AT ALL!!!

no other sport has these reffing issues...it is ridiculous...every year it seems

bad calls happen, duh. that happens in every sport. people have riots over baseball umpires. that's why instant replay has been introduced.

curious why you didn't answer my second question, so i'll repeat:

why does it look strange that the best team in basketball clinched their Finals trip today, and the two best defensive teams in the league - one with the MVP, the other with the DPOY - are fighting for the other spot?

-PRIMETIME-
05-30-2009, 01:06 AM
Ratings were **** for those finals. Absolute ****.

As far as rigging a series. It would take more than 1 ref, since they rotate every game. And I'm not sure how often refs work the same series, I don't think it's very often. Meaning stern would ahve to work with multiple refs for a series to be rigged. And that no ref, other than the non credible Tim Donaghy has ever come forward to make any such allegations, i find it pretty ahrd to believe. He's got way too much to lose by rigging it. If anyone ever found out, the NBA would be in shambles and lose all credibility.

Donaghy supposedly had a huge list of other refs which he was willing to release...

it shouldn't be that hard to believe...

this isn't crap 9/11 theories here, this is something that could easily happen and is very possible....and ALREADY HAS HAPPENED!!!...

who the hell knows how long that dude was closing the point spread down???

tr4shb0t
lebron is rigged...not the nba

LAKERMANIA
If the Cavs beat the Magic it means they came back down 1-3 against Orlando and deserved to beat them. It would also mean the two best teams in each conference face each other in the finals, so I dont know what is so 'rigged' about it..

superkegger
bad calls happen, duh. that happens in every sport. people have riots over baseball umpires. that's why instant replay has been introduced.

duh, because the league is rigged.

-PRIMETIME-
05-30-2009, 01:08 AM

because the Cavs were down 3-1...

read my thread title...

this entire thread is an "IF THE CAVS MAKE IT"...

once they went down 3-1 that should be it...

BTownTeamsRKing
05-30-2009, 01:08 AM
I see what your saying and yes the way the gambling incident was just shrugged off is irresponsible and immature. However, while some games may be unrighfully influenced, the building LA and Boston teams is not rigged.

It would be impossible. Bascially what drives me to think its rigged, is the idea of "this is too good to be true."

What incentive do the other teams have for helping Boston and LA? none.

superkegger
05-30-2009, 01:09 AM
Donaghy supposedly had a huge list of other refs which he was willing to release...

it shouldn't be that hard to believe...

this isn't crap 9/11 theories here, this is something that could easily happen and is very possible....and ALREADY HAS HAPPENED!!!...

who the hell knows how long that dude was closing the point spread down???

dude was trying to save his own ***. If he had that list, it would have been leaked somehow someway by now. Something that big never stays under wraps. Just look at the MLB and their steroid problems, grand jury testimony leaked, arod's name leaked, all that. When **** that big goes down, and people are talking about it, and someone has that kind of evidence, it comes out.

All the evidence produced for it being rigged is bad calls and fan videos.

theuuord
05-30-2009, 01:10 AM
because the Cavs were down 3-1...

read my thread title...

this entire thread is an "IF THE CAVS MAKE IT"...

once they went down 3-1 that should be it...

wow, we should really look into the other eight teams that have won since being down 3-1. they must be rigged, too.

if it did happen, would it really be that surprising that the team with the best player in the universe and basically the best home-court advantage in the history of basketball stole a game six in orlando and then won game 7 in their own arena in front of frenzied fans who realize they have a chance of coming back from 3-1?

is it really that unfathomable?

not every great story is a fraud.

-PRIMETIME-
05-30-2009, 01:11 AM

not like the NBA

in the NFL it is clear if a call was bad...

in MLB the refs can't rig where the baseball goes...they can't fake a HR

in NBA, the entire outcome of the game is based around foul calls that are all completely subjective...

UNLIKE OTHER SPORTS!!!

the NBA is the ONLY sport where a "FOUL" can acctually be a good thing...and is used as a good thing EVERY GAME!!!

-PRIMETIME-
05-30-2009, 01:12 AM
wow, we should really look into the other eight teams that have won since being down 3-1. they must be rigged, too.

if it did happen, would it really be that surprising that the team with the best player in the universe and basically the best home-court advantage in the history of basketball stole a game six in orlando and then won game 7 in their own arena in front of frenzied fans who realize they have a chance of coming back from 3-1?

YES!!!

how many freakin teams have come back in the Championship game being down 3-1???!!!???

what is it like ONE TEAM!!!

it doesn't happen dude!!!

superkegger
05-30-2009, 01:12 AM

the most recent 2 teams to come back from down 3-1, the suns and the pistons. Suns did it vs the lakers, with kobe. I'm sure, as much fun as the suns were, that having Kobe and LA in the 2nd round, would be a good thing for them.

The pistons beat the Magic with Tmac, who at the time was one of the biggest stars in the NBA. I'm sure they wanted to see this boring, defensive team beat Tmac and his stardom.

Great job of rigging it there.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-30-2009, 01:13 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090528&sportCat=nba

amazing article. read this and u will see the refs just suck. its not rigged.

superkegger
05-30-2009, 01:14 AM
not like the NBA

in the NFL it is clear if a call was bad...

in MLB the refs can't rig where the baseball goes...they can't fake a HR

in NBA, the entire outcome of the game is based around foul calls that are all completely subjective...

UNLIKE OTHER SPORTS!!!

the NBA is the ONLY sport where a "FOUL" can acctually be a good thing...and is used as a good thing EVERY GAME!!!

what about AJ Pierzynski's phantom foul tip that allowed him to get on base in the World series? I bet that world series was rigged. bad calls happen.

-PRIMETIME-
I see what your saying and yes the way the gambling incident was just shrugged off is irresponsible and immature. However, while some games may be unrighfully influenced, the building LA and Boston teams is not rigged.

It would be impossible. Bascially what drives me to think its rigged, is the idea of "this is too good to be true."

What incentive do the other teams have for helping Boston and LA? none.

good point...

all I can think of is money...

building rigged teams does seem a bit far fetched, I will admitt that...

superkegger
YES!!!

how many freakin teams have come back in the Championship game being down 3-1???!!!???

what is it like ONE TEAM!!!

it doesn't happen dude!!!

It's happened 8 times.