PDA

View Full Version : Amare: "I am better than Chris Bosh" Flashback...Zach Randolph!!!!

fairandbalanced
05-29-2009, 06:36 PM
"No doubt about it, I'm better than Chris Bosh," said Stoudemire when posted with the question.

"How serious will you consider the Knicks in 2010," asked Brandon Tierney.

"I will be totally serious about that, I spent a lot of my childhood there, I have a connection with the state, and I also love the entire coaching staff."

Ok, I understand that a lot of star players would like to play for the Knicks, but why is everyone picking on Bosh? is it because Bosh is the best NY can do come 2010? and do y'all remember when Zach Randolf said he was better than Chris Bosh if that is what NY was clearing cap for? Enough of everyone picking on Bosh, the guy is humble and people need to stop all the Rupaul comparison.

Jonathan2323
05-29-2009, 06:37 PM
Amare is better.

MaHaRaJaH
05-29-2009, 06:43 PM
Lol- alright then Leave Our Bosh alone :)

goku
05-29-2009, 06:43 PM
why is everbody picking on bosh

dee279
05-29-2009, 06:44 PM
I would choose Amare quick but i would rather Bosh over rudolf the hot head B bball player aka Zach.

Vinny642
05-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Lol idk

GiantMetKnick
05-29-2009, 06:55 PM
I really don't know who is better.

Are injuries still a real concern with Amare?

dee279
05-29-2009, 06:58 PM

I wouldnt say so. The only really recent injuries he had are eye injuries and idk if that will affect him. It wont physically. I hope he still has full sight though.

ink
05-29-2009, 06:59 PM

He's recovering from eye surgery. But it's his brain that needs the work. :pity:

hgtiger32
05-29-2009, 07:09 PM
amare will need to wear goggles the rest of his career cuz he doesnt want to do major-major surgery...but if i had to chose how to start my team with at center besides Dwight Howard i would choose Amare over Bosh...has way more talent and explosiveness

superkegger
05-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Amare has to wear goggles? Awesome, he's the new horace grant, except the opposite, no d and good offense. Sweet.

C_Mund
05-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Sure, but Bosh has been the best player on his team for like five years now. Put CB4 with Shaq, GHill, Nash, Barbosa, whatever....Even with just Marion Bosh started to lead a team to victories. If Amare was the go-to guy at the end of games and was isolated with the ball from 17-feet out, it would be a different story. Nash+Bosh+Shaq would have made the playoffs if I had to guess.
Ha, how would this look....

Jose Calderon
Anthony Parker
Jamario Moon
Amare
Rasho Nesterovic

You think that team would have made the playoffs last year? I don't.

dee279
05-29-2009, 07:42 PM
Sure, but Bosh has been the best player on his team for like five years now. Put CB4 with Shaq, GHill, Nash, Barbosa, whatever....Even with just Marion Bosh started to lead a team to victories. If Amare was the go-to guy at the end of games and was isolated with the ball from 17-feet out, it would be a different story. Nash+Bosh+Shaq would have made the playoffs if I had to guess.

Jose Calderon
Anthony Parker
Jamario Moon
Amare
Rasho Nesterovic

The way the east looked last season yes they would have. Did u really see how dominant Stoudemire was around the end of the season when shaq was just aquired. He was puttin up 28 points 11 rebounds shooting over 60% and idk wut else but thats dominant numbers. He is better then Bosh, bigger then bosh, and has more potential then bosh

dee279
05-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Randolph shouldnt even be in the conversation

_Sn1P3r_
05-29-2009, 07:58 PM
why is everbody picking on bosh

Haha, because they know Bosh won't say anything bad.

And in short, I say Amare is better for NY with that high-octaned offense than Bosh. Bosh is better in a half-court set.

Kyben36
05-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Amare is the best overall player. HIs game is the most complete, he can play inside, some outside, not as good of a shot as bosh, but he gets such high percentage shots. I would build around him, then Bosh, Then about around any other PF in the league but Zack Randolph. Any team build around Zack is bound to fail. Even when not build around he still cant do ****.

NYKnickFanatic
05-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Amare.

And lol @ Zach getting 0 votes, poor guy. :laugh2:

recap5
05-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Randolph shouldnt even be in the conversation

what about anthony randolph?

blacknell
05-29-2009, 09:05 PM
i think there is a good chance bosh comes to dallas

thrilla11
05-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Chris Bosh is a traditional Power Forward, i'd build my team around him. I'm a Clippers fan and quite frankly, Zach Randolph is fcking things up by being on this team -____-

MPScribbles
05-29-2009, 10:05 PM
Amare has to wear goggles? Awesome, he's the new horace grant, except the opposite, no d and good offense. Sweet.

Goggles look good on power forwards in a Bulls uniform. Hopefully Amare will consider this when deciding where to play in 2010.

GSW fan
05-29-2009, 10:29 PM
ZBO!

jk. i voted for him tho

unk88
05-29-2009, 10:54 PM
bosh would have been sick playing alongside billups back in the day wit the pistons

Trouble87
05-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Amare hands down... injuries aside he's the better player & most likely will be able to handle the pressure of playing in the mecca of basketball

JordansBulls
05-29-2009, 11:06 PM
Who in the world picked Zach Randolph?

Giaps
05-29-2009, 11:08 PM
Poor guy. I'd rather have Bosh on my team than Amare for the simple fact that he is 2 years younger and seems like a better teammate. Amare is more of a franchise player, but I still prefer CB4. We would be lucky to get either one.

AIverson
05-29-2009, 11:58 PM
Amare is way better than Bosh in every way possible.

HiphopRelated
05-30-2009, 08:50 AM
Bosh

Amare's more explosive, but is a defensive idiot and pretty much only cares about scoring..and can't read defenses which leads to alot of charges

Blah Blah Blah
05-30-2009, 04:50 PM
I don't even care too much about that statement. As long as the Bulls can get one of those two guys I'll be ecstatic.

Master Mind
05-30-2009, 05:14 PM
Amare's better

LanceUpperCut
05-30-2009, 05:19 PM
Amare is better at finishing thats it,I would take Bosh any day

sp1derm00
05-30-2009, 05:20 PM
Bosh

LanceUpperCut
Lets see Amare on a ****** team and see how he does.Lets say the Knicks.

IndyRealist
Amare gets on more highlight reels, but that's about it.

Doesn't Chris Bosh have a gold medal? /thread

nyKnicks126
05-30-2009, 05:21 PM
Everyone knows LeBron is the Cavaliers he is the man behind the success for the team, Mo Williams is okay, West is okay, Z is good, the rest are decent, come on now!! The Knicks got the better POTENTIAL minus LeBron James... LeBron will be considering everything in 2010, and I wouldn't be suprised if he and Bosh would become a Knick. No Amareee thannkkk yooouuu!

thephoenixson28
05-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Bosh is more of a team player he wouldn't mind being the 2nd or 3rd option. Amare can take over a team but once you start losing he will throw someone else under the bus and stop playing. Like a sore loser. If I had to start a team it would be amare, but if I had a good team and had to add that piece to the puzzle to win a championship it would be bosh.

heyman321
05-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Amare can't play D. Both can't post up.

Bosh is really better in every aspect, Amare is just a product of Nash, like every other super badass Suns player.

thephoenixson28
05-30-2009, 07:45 PM
Amare can't play D. Both can't post up.

Bosh is really better in every aspect, Amare is just a product of Nash, like every other super badass Suns player. Amare isn't a product of nash. I would've believed it his 2nd or 3rd year in the NBA but since he improved his jump shot he is unstoppable on the offensive end. If you would put amare on a team like memphis or sacramento I think he can win you more games, but bosh can be that missing piece. Amare is better in the inside, bosh is a little better outside. Midrange I think amare is better. Nash is a product of the system if it wasn't for the SSOL nash is just a average PG. But if amare becomes a team player and he plays with heart with the pure talent he has. The team that has him which I hope is phoenix is going to be a dangerous team.

jimbobjarree
05-30-2009, 07:45 PM
he is though IMO

MPScribbles
05-31-2009, 01:12 AM
People picking randolph just to be funny is really the opposite. Probably goth losers that wear all black and eye makeup to try to be "different". Although, really how counter culture can you be when there are stores in every mall to cater to you and the thousands of people that dress just like you?

GoneGuru
05-31-2009, 02:08 AM
let me just clear this up..

amare has NEVER avg 20 and 10 in a season.

was the primary big man on an elite team for years and could never get the suns to the finals.

amare does not care to play defense at all.

amare has a diva attitude.

amare could be dwight howard on steroids and yet for some reason, thru lack of effort, he ISNT

amare has been on some pretty talented teams. bosh is on a team where not even jesus could win.

the only thing amare does better is block shots, while bosh is the type of big man that could compliment an elite wing player. also it should be noted that bosh can rebound at a high rate, score, hit the j, the 3, free throws, and makes an effort on defense.

and yet while bosh is not a post up player, he is one of the best face the rim powerforwards in the game, and i hate to break it to you, but post players are damn near extinct, so get use to skilled big men like bosh.

amare, go do something besides choke against the spurs and then talk to bosh, you couldnt do half of what bosh does in toronto.

montazingmvp
05-31-2009, 05:06 AM
Amare gets on more highlight reels, but that's about it.

Doesn't Chris Bosh have a gold medal? /thread

the redeem team would've won the medal without bosh, no problem, so that is irrelevant.

amare is the better player imo...although its very close, they're both good scorers and poor defenders and rebounders for their position...

montazingmvp
05-31-2009, 05:09 AM

was the primary big man on an elite team for years and could never get the suns to the finals.

amare could be dwight howard on steroids and yet for some reason, thru lack of effort, he ISNT

amare has been on some pretty talented teams. bosh is on a team where not even jesus could win.

the only thing amare does better is block shots, while bosh is the type of big man that could compliment an elite wing player. also it should be noted that bosh can rebound at a high rate, score, hit the j, the 3, free throws, and makes an effort on defense.

and yet while bosh is not a post up player, he is one of the best face the rim powerforwards in the game, and i hate to break it to you, but post players are damn near extinct, so get use to skilled big men like bosh.

amare, go do something besides choke against the spurs and then talk to bosh, you couldnt do half of what bosh does in toronto.

bosh and defense should not be in the same sentence...bosh is an equally bad defender as amare

choke against the spurs...not really...the suns were always the underdog, and do you really expect amare to outplay the best pf of all time

thapharcyd
05-31-2009, 05:58 AM

I love how people are hating on Amare for not leading his team to the finals... Bosh didn't even lead his team to over .500... Actually it was WAY under .500, terrible. Bosh can talk to Amar'e when his team no longer has a losing record.

2008-09 Toronto 33 49 .402

kblo247
05-31-2009, 06:29 AM
Bosh is better at rebounding, defending albeit subpar, and he is the better player in a system. He also doesn't act like an over sensitive attention whore.

I would take Bosh over him every day and on every team except NY because Dantoni (Pringles) is used to him.

Tom81
05-31-2009, 06:31 AM
amare is stupid

joeboow90
05-31-2009, 08:28 AM
Bosh is the better all around player. he can play good D, can shoot and dominate the paint. Thats more than I can say about Amare although i think he's a great player. Either way if the Knicks can get either AMare or Bosh theyd be in the playoffs.

D-Wade/Bosh 2010 Knicks :pray:

theimortalone
05-31-2009, 11:57 AM
Amare, you can't be better than Bosh if you can't play D! :pity: He really has gone down hill! :sigh:

JJ81
05-31-2009, 12:11 PM
Amare, Bosh then Randolph

danimal
05-31-2009, 12:42 PM
Amare is way better than Bosh in every way possible.

Dumbest statement ever. (Well, I'm sure there are worse, but this is bad).

Bosh is better at:
Man Defending
Shooting
Passing
Ast/TO Ratio
Rebounding
Ball handling
Speaking
Commits Less Fouls every game

>>Amare may be a better athlete, but his game is much more limited than Bosh's, and he had the benefit of playing in the crazy uptempo offense for so many years.

All that, and he had MicroFracture Surgery and an EYEBALL FALLING out of his head.

This shouldn't be that close, for anyone who actually watches a lot of basketball. Oh, and Bosh is also 2 yrs younger, and didn't take 5 years to graduate high school.

Kakaroach
05-31-2009, 12:57 PM
Chris Bosh no doubt lol, Who actually picked Zach Randolph? :pity:

IKAZ
05-31-2009, 01:02 PM
amare will need to wear goggles the rest of his career cuz he doesnt want to do major-major surgery...but if i had to chose how to start my team with at center besides Dwight Howard i would choose Amare over Bosh...has way more talent and explosiveness

TALENT???? HAHA the pick n roll and power dunks are not talent .. midrange jumpers mixed with dunks, defense and the mobility of a 3 at the 4 is talent !

im the biggest amare fan but after this bull he talkin bout i got no respect for him

Im a raptors fan by the way

Aapox
05-31-2009, 01:05 PM
Who actually picked Zach Randolph?

Um, I'm really worried that at least one of those five votes for him may actually be serious

Hustla23
05-31-2009, 02:43 PM
How does nobody like Zach Randolph AKA Z-Bo AKA Z-city AKA roll out dem thugs all day on the blacktop.

If somebody on your team is messing with you, don't expect Amare or Bosh to help you, Z-Bo will stab that motha ****a straight up.

That my friends, is what being a franchise player is all about.

Forget the defense and attitude and ball hogging problems.

BluejaysFan08
05-31-2009, 02:55 PM
Ill take Bosh anyday, he doesnt have an EGO the size of NewYork.

J-Relo
05-31-2009, 03:31 PM
I have to pick AMARE, if he says he is better than he is better :)

Vinny642
05-31-2009, 03:37 PM
danimal ur freakin sig is crazy weird

Everybody starts talking sh** about Bosh, its ****ed up, what did he do thats so wrong.

LA_Raiders
05-31-2009, 04:19 PM
Amare

danimal
05-31-2009, 04:23 PM
danimal ur freakin sig is crazy weird

thank you. //I worked long and hard on it.\\

>>>nice answer "Amare", raiders. Well put. :rolleyes:

MrBloop
05-31-2009, 04:45 PM
They both have injury questions right now, Bosh's knee is starting to bark and that worries me. Amare is the better player tho, when healthy. He brings more to the table.

what54!?
05-31-2009, 05:04 PM
I'd pick amare first, then bosh. either one can come to the heat

colinskik
05-31-2009, 05:58 PM
i like Amare's explosiveness and the attitude that might work well in NY, but I believe Bosh has a better shot and doesn't need to get into the paint to score, which is an advantage in crunch time. Either one of them + the young Knicks players + LeBron (whose chances of coming to NY are way better now that the Cavs were exposed as a team of weak role players) = scary good.

danimal
05-31-2009, 06:46 PM
They both have injury questions right now, Bosh's knee is starting to bark and that worries me. Amare is the better player tho, when healthy. He brings more to the table.

What "more" does he bring to the table? He is bigger, probably better in transition and scores at a higher %. Better basketball player? No. Chris Bosh is a basketball player that happens to be big enough to play PF. Stoudamire is a huge manthlete-big man who happens to play basketball (very well).

superdude79
05-31-2009, 07:19 PM
Amare does not play D and is turning into a Vince Carter like pansy, look how well that worked out for Carter in terms of league wide respect, he has none, he is soft and Amare is becomming soft as well. I am a huge Suns fan and I would deal Amare for Bosh straight up. Bosh is a leader, Amare has a sense of entitlement. Three years ago before the microfracture surgery I though wow, the sky is the limit for Amare, but just like Vince Carter one day Amare decided to live off his name and past hype. Sure Amare can score, but he cannot play D and he does not rebound. Next year he will probably start flopping too.

JayW_1023
06-01-2009, 07:23 AM
At least Bosh tries to attempt to play some form of defense...something that has escaped Amare for his entire career so far.

Amare is yet another spoiled athlete who thinks he is better than he really is.

Turtle55
06-01-2009, 07:50 AM
The people who picked Randolph, I have to ask. Were you joking?

SJSHARKIES
06-01-2009, 07:52 AM
Somebody please explain to me why Zach Randolph is in this conversation.

SJSHARKIES
06-01-2009, 07:54 AM
Give me Amare, one of the best offensive forwards in the game. The guy can score, on the defensive end is a different story. Bosh is probably a better complete forward, but I would still take Amare over Bosh.

JayW_1023
06-01-2009, 08:01 AM
Why? They essentialy play the same type of game...they both prefer scoring by facing up their man. The difference is Amare is less controlled than Bosh and unlike Bosh, hasn't have a consistent go-to-move.

Meanwhile Bosh is the better weakside defender, and an overall more intelligent player, because he has been taught more fundamentals in college. The only thing Amare has over Bosh is his athleticism and power.

Turtle55
06-01-2009, 08:02 AM
If I needed a number two guy to go with my star (Wade, Rose, Paul, Roy) then I would take Bosh. If I needed someone to lead me in scoring and be a go to guy I would take Amare because his ego suffers when he doesn't get enough attention.

fairandbalanced
06-01-2009, 08:13 AM
Somebody please explain to me why Zach Randolph is in this conversation.

Because he also said that he is better than Chris Bosh.

Turtle55
06-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Because he also said that he is better than Chris Bosh.

For some reason this reminds me of when Isaiah Rider said he was better than Eddie Jones. Sure the guy may have more talent but because he's a mental case every GM in the world would take the other guy.

pebloemer
06-01-2009, 08:34 AM
I love how people are hating on Amare for not leading his team to the finals... Bosh didn't even lead his team to over .500... Actually it was WAY under .500, terrible. Bosh can talk to Amar'e when his team no longer has a losing record.

Totally ignoring all context of a season to make a point and basing individual assets on team success is quite illogical and uninformed...

Leading a team highlighting an injured Jose Calderon (who's replacements yielded the deadly PG combo of Roko Ukic and Will Solomon), Anthony Parker, Jamario Moon, Jason Kapono, Joey Graham, JO in a suit and Andrea Bargnani who didn't learn how to play until January to a record over .500 is not something Amare could do either, so I think your point is mute. Add in coaching changes, personal issues aside from the court and injury troubles himself into the equation as well.

If you want to compare two players, compare qualities of the player, not qualities of the team...

Turtle55
06-01-2009, 08:40 AM
I want to see Amar'e without Nash, Marion or Shaq, Hill, Richardson, and the rest of his all star team he plays on. Amar'e is an amazing offensive player and a better scorer than Bosh but all around game they are pretty close. Plus Bosh has never had two major surgeries and he's about two years younger. With all of that, I would take Bosh.

jasondrobinson
06-01-2009, 01:40 PM

good thing you cleared that up

aNYer
06-01-2009, 01:51 PM
The people who picked Randolph, I have to ask. Were you joking?

damn it thats brilliant, can I switch my answer to Zach?

Turtle55
06-01-2009, 02:03 PM
6 votes, guess we should thank Zach Randolph's family for coming by and voting.

Unruly Fan
06-01-2009, 02:57 PM

One of the many aspects of a great player/ leader is class which Amare demonstrated he has none of. Bosh is the leader of Toronto and hes is in a similar positon to KG when he was on the Timberwolves. Get him some pieces and watch him work. Amare is/was mearly a pawn(maybe a bishop) on the Suns squad.

Have you coughed up any pubes yet?

P.S. Someone should slap Amare on his big mouth.

smith&wesson
06-01-2009, 03:40 PM

Jose Calderon
Anthony Parker
Jamario Moon
Amare
Rasho Nesterovic

Rasho plays for the pacers,
our centre is bargs ...

alexander_37
06-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Amar'e is to injury prone ill take Bosh even though none of them are a great corner stone.

Unruly Fan
06-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Rasho plays for the pacers,
our centre is bargs ...

He was referring to last year's season - 07/08 I believe

AI4MVP
06-01-2009, 04:32 PM

exactly everything ive been thinking!