PDA

View Full Version : Should Nba create their OWN hall of fame?

Hellcrooner
05-29-2009, 04:00 PM
No, this is not a stupid question.

How many of you would rage in anger and disbelief if i tld you Pau Gasol is a LOCK in the HOF and Carmelo Anthony may or may not enter?.

Ok, take a breath.

The current Naismith memorial HOF is a BASKETBALL in general HOF wich takes on account NOT only nba merits but FIBA merits too.

Thats why there are names like Antonio Diaz Miguel or Mira Delibasic who are up there , none of them ever played or coached a single minute in the Nba.

That being you can be sure that names you wouldnt deem as worhty of HOF will be there out of their fiba acomplishment like Petrovic, Kukoc, Gasol, ginobili, Sabonis and son on.

Even some americans that did not so well in NBA but killed it in europe like Walter scerbiack (wallys dad) or Darry Dawkins will make it out of Fiba Acomplishments.

While certain RELEVAN nba people like Artis Gilmore will propbably never make it.

So i ask again, shouldnt Nba have their OWN hof with their OWN parameters?

abe_froman
05-29-2009, 04:02 PM
no.

superkegger
05-29-2009, 04:03 PM
no.

+1

KmB728
05-29-2009, 04:15 PM
I like the current HOF :shrug:

Kakaroach
05-29-2009, 04:27 PM
no. x2

S.J.Basketball
05-29-2009, 04:31 PM
Who the hell is Artis Gilmore?

abe_froman
05-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Who the hell is Artis Gilmore?

are you joking?

Hellcrooner
05-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Artis may be the most unjustely forgotten star ever.

IndyRealist
05-29-2009, 04:43 PM
No it's not a stupid question, but no they should not have their own HOF. The NBA wants everyone to consider it the best basketball league in the world, and they can't do that if they separate themselves from the rest of competitive basketball. They already use rules that are different from High School, Collegiate, and International Standards. They already publish and promote their own "50 greatest players of all time", just because they don't have a building doesn't make it any less of a HOF.

Hellcrooner
05-29-2009, 04:48 PM
^yeah but when for example in the first year of elegibility lets say PAu or Manu goes in the Hof and i dont who...uhh lets say Iverson or Billups or wahtever gets thrown out people will be very angry.

abe_froman
05-29-2009, 04:51 PM
^yeah but when for example in the first year of elegibility lets say PAu or Manu goes in the Hof and i dont who...uhh lets say Iverson or Billups or wahtever gets thrown out people will be very angry.

but that would be dependent on hof classes having quotas on how man can be named in a year,which there isnt so they'd all get in

Hellcrooner
05-29-2009, 04:54 PM
^i think there is a 5 new guys enetring a year limit or soemthing thats why it took forever to Adrian Dantley to come in

IndyRealist
05-29-2009, 04:55 PM

I just think there are larger issues than whether a player gets snubbed or whether Americans have ever heard of someone who got in. It's about the legitimacy of the NBA as the premier basketball league in the world.

PhillyMac
05-29-2009, 04:55 PM
they should definitly create their own HOF
think about about, how messed up it would be if players in China got in Cooperstown, it just wouldnt be the same

abe_froman
05-29-2009, 04:57 PM
^i think there is a 5 new guys enetring a year limit or soemthing thats why it took forever to Adrian Dantley to come in

look up the rules,there isnt...though i dont think pau or billups get in anyways,kind of in that gilmore,mullins,dj territory,where they're on the bubble and maybe should be but dont make it

The Ooh Child
05-29-2009, 04:58 PM
they should definitly create their own HOF
think about about, how messed up it would be if players in China got in Cooperstown, it just wouldnt be the same

He lobbed it up, who wants to knock this one out of the park

The Ooh Child
05-29-2009, 04:59 PM
And also, no

Hellcrooner
05-29-2009, 05:11 PM
look up the rules,there isnt...though i dont think pau or billups get in anyways,kind of in that gilmore,mullins,dj territory,where they're on the bubble and maybe should be but dont make it
Pau is a lock due to Fiba Career you know, Lead Spain to a world Junior gold then to a World FIba championship a silver Olympic medal + some more silvers and bronze in eurochampionships and he will surely add more Fiba silverware in the next 4/5 years.

Add posibly some Nba Ring with the Lakers and you have to agree he will be a Firt Ballot inductee for sure.

abe_froman
05-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Pau is a lock due to Fiba Career you know, Lead Spain to a world Junior gold then to a World FIba championship a silver Olympic medal + some more silvers and bronze in eurochampionships and he will surely add more Fiba silverware in the next 4/5 years.

Add posibly some Nba Ring with the Lakers and you have to agree he will be a Firt Ballot inductee for sure.

the guys i mentioned had illustrious careers as well,but still dont think he'll make it.probably fiba's though

superkegger
05-29-2009, 05:39 PM

I could not stop laughing at this.