PDA

View Full Version : Why the hatred for Kobe Bryant?

Fayzon10
05-29-2009, 03:14 PM
I have some ideas as to why people dislike Kobe, Kobe came into the league at a time when Michael was still running the show and beloved beyond belief so Kobe was looked at as the ant-Michael somewhat I think most people feel that Kobe based his game on Michaels and nobody was gonna replace Michael and people feel that Kobe tried to and now Lebron is coming in at a time when the love affair for Michael has died down considerably. So if Lebron came in the league during Michaels time as Kobe did would people have the hatred for Lebron as they do for Kobe?? Of course he plays for the Lakers a team people love to hate, and I dont buy that Colorado had anything to do with the hatred for Kobe people hated him before Colorado, I also dont buy that people think Kobe is a jerk cause alot of athletes are jerks. I want to hear some non Laker fans opinions on why Kobe is hated..

theuuord
05-29-2009, 03:16 PM
I have some ideas as to why people dislike Kobe, Kobe came into the league at a time when Michael was still running the show and beloved beyond belief so Kobe was looked at as the ant-Michael somewhat I think most people feel that Kobe based his game on Michaels and nobody was gonna replace Michael and people feel that Kobe tried to and now Lebron is coming in at a time when the love affair for Michael has died down considerably. So if Lebron came in the league during Michaels time as Kobe did would people have the hatred for Lebron as they do for Kobe?? Of course he plays for the Lakers a team people love to hate, and I dont buy that Colorado had anything to do with the hatred for Kobe people hated him before Colorado, I also dont buy that people think Kobe is a jerk cause alot of athletes are jerks. I want to hear some non Laker fans opinions on why Kobe is hated..

I don't hate Kobe. I just don't think he's the best player in the league, so when I say that Lakers fans somehow construe it as hate.

Also, if you've been reading this forum lately, there is a LOT of anti-LeBron sentiment here.

ProdigyI
05-29-2009, 03:33 PM
There's haters against Kobe? Where? :shrug:

:laugh:

jimbobjarree
05-29-2009, 03:35 PM
I dont hate him. I just dislike him strongly

Wilson
05-29-2009, 03:41 PM
I don't hate Kobe. I just don't think he's the best player in the league, so when I say that Lakers fans somehow construe it as hate.

Also, if you've been reading this forum lately, there is a LOT of anti-LeBron sentiment here.

Stuff like that can be pretty irritating.

I think there's two main reasons why people don't like him:

He was really cocky when he entered the league, and

People just got sick and tired of hearing about him (similar to what's happening to LeBron now).

Then obviously there's the rape case. Whether you think he did it or not, it's still pretty messed up for him to cheat on his wife, so people still dislike him for that.

I think he's really matured since Shaq left (missing the play-offs the year Shaq left was a really eye opener for Kobe I think), but people still have their opinions on him from before that. He's a much better team-mate, player and person than he was during the Shaq years, but a reputation is hard to shake.

Unruly Fan
05-29-2009, 03:42 PM

I am in now way saying that Kobe is garbage but I dislike the fact that people overrate him. He is an exceptional player but I dont think he is the best in the leauge as well. I especially hate the Kobe / Jordan comparisons... just ludacris. Example, last post-season I dont know of one commentator that didn't call him "the player on the planet" at one point or another. Everytime I heard that my anger towards him grew even more. I actually started looking for reasons to dispute what they were saying. Honestly I laughed at the thought of them eating their words when Kobe did HORRENDOUS against Boston.

abe_froman
05-29-2009, 03:44 PM

this

pebloemer
05-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Stuff like that can be pretty irritating.

I think there's two main reasons why people don't like him:

He was really cocky when he entered the league, and

People just got sick and tired of hearing about him (similar to what's happening to LeBron now).

Then obviously there's the rape case. Whether you think he did it or not, it's still pretty messed up for him to cheat on his wife, so people still dislike him for that.

I think he's really matured since Shaq left (missing the play-offs the year Shaq left was a really eye opener for Kobe I think), but people still have their opinions on him from before that. He's a much better team-mate, player and person than he was during the Shaq years, but a reputation is hard to shake.

From a non-Lakers fan I think that is very accurate regarding my viewpoint on Kobe. It includes both past issues which led me to dislike him, and present achievements which has earned a lot of respect back.

jimbobjarree
05-29-2009, 03:46 PM
if he grew his fro back more people would like him :shrug:

Wilson
05-29-2009, 03:48 PM
if he grew his fro back more people would like him :shrug:

I agree, mini-'fro for the people!

MiamiHeat
05-29-2009, 03:55 PM
I don't hate Kobe
:shrug:

pete_one
05-29-2009, 03:57 PM
this is an infamous quote -

"IF YOU AIN't BEING HATED ON, YOU AIN't DOING ****"

Kobe is had been doing work for over a decade, therefore bringing on a bunch of haters because thethey AIN'T DOING **** other than HATING

superkegger
05-29-2009, 03:58 PM
1. He's a Laker.
2. A large portion of the Laker fan base holds him up as equal to or better than Jordan.
3. This aggitates other fans, because it's not true.
4. Those Laker fans who hold him in too high of a regard won't let it go.
5. Thus the issue continues to perpetuate itself.

sep11ie
05-29-2009, 04:02 PM
He cries, he gets every call, the Colorado inncident, he's waaaaay too cocky, he cries, he's spoiled, his wife is freaking hot, and he cries.

abe_froman
05-29-2009, 04:03 PM
1. He's a Laker.
2. A large portion of the Laker fan base holds him up as equal to or better than Jordan.
3. This aggitates other fans, because it's not true.
4. Those Laker fans who hold him in too high of a regard won't let it go.
5. Thus the issue continues to perpetuate itself.

i have to agree with this

DboweKU86
05-29-2009, 04:04 PM
I hate Kobe and it's for personal reasons... I have 5 friends in the NBA and 2 of them have played ball with Kobe. One of my boys came back to our hometown and when I asked him about playing for the Lakers he said he hated it and that Kobe was guilty in Colorado. He also said that nobody on the Lakers liked Kobe and thats why he wanted traded initially. I really can't stand Kobe's attitude and cockyness... My other boy who plays on the Lakers development team told me a story about the first day of practice after the Beijing Olympics... Phil asked Kobe to jump in a practice and show some of the news guys a thing or two and Kobe responded by pulling out his Gold Medals and saying "My friends here say I don't have to practice" I mean Phil was just asking him to jump in for 15 mins and help the young guys.

Then after watching Kobe: Doin' Work I really couldn't stand him. It's no secret that I hate Kobe but at least I have a legitimate reason.

KmB728
05-29-2009, 04:05 PM
I just cant stand all the Kobe Lebron hype...

also when i watched Kobe Doin Work and thought to myself " does this guy ever shut up?" he talks so much!

LA412
05-29-2009, 04:07 PM
not hatred.........jealousy