PDA

View Full Version : How big of a difference would Jameer Nelson have made?

cle12152433
05-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Naturally, being a Cavs fan I don't here much about other NBA teams, so I was wondering what your guy's prediction would be if Jameer Nelson had not gotten hurt and Rafer Alston never traded to Orlando???

And when Nelson comes back and Alston having a big playoff series, he will want to start, so what will the Magic do with two top notch PG's?

ManRam
05-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Jameer>>>Alson

He's having a big playoffs???

Vs. Cleveland: 12.4 ppg, 4.2 apg, 2.2 rpg, 2.2 TOs, 39% FG, 37% from 3
Vs. Boston: 10.3 ppg, 4.5 apg, 2.5 rpg, 2.17 TOs, 33% FG, 28% from 3

That's BIG??

Jameer is the team leader. His chemistry with Dwight is amazing. Rafer is a career 39% shooter, 34% from three. Jameer averaged 16.7 ppg, 5.4 apg, 3.5 rpg, shot 50% from the field and 45% from three while turning the ball over less than 2 times a game.

Rafer doesn't compare to Jameer. Jameer Only 2 PGs shot a higher FG% than Jameer over the regular season, and only one player in the NBA shot a higher percentage from three. Rafer is a bad shooter...not a better passer, slightly better defensively (although the Magic allow fewer points when Jameer is on the court than when Rafer is), not better at anything.

Jameer was 21st in the NBA in PER. Rafer's per wasn't even in the top 25 for PGs.

If Jameer is healthy, we don't have nearly as many cold streaks as we are having because he is our floor general, and can create opportunities better than anyone else on the Magic. Celtics don't take us to 7 games, we definitely would win this Cavs series in 6. We have a much better shot at winning the title if he's healthy. A MUCH better chance.

MAC10TIZZY
05-29-2009, 03:57 PM
i love jameer, and i really like rafer.....if it were not for rafer there is no way we be this far into the play offs, but also at the same time i think he is a major reason we didn't win last nite, but it evens out cause he did so well that game before...buttttttttttttt if jameer was here i STRONGLY feel we would already be in the finals waitn' on the west........finish it up strong magic...+

EX-TREME
05-29-2009, 05:11 PM
if think we would win in five or a sweep

ragee
05-29-2009, 05:41 PM
I think if Jameer was not injured, this game series would have been over already... No offense to the Cavs, but I think the Magic (without Nelson) and the Cavs are prety even or the Magic is slightly better... Nelson is another scoring threat... A good go to guy in the 4th quarter which is one of the main weakness of the Magic this playoffs... Sure, Lebron can score 40 points a game but I don't think that will be enough if we have 4 players who can all score 20 in a game...

cmstophe
05-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Wow, interesting question. I'd say the Magic in 5 or 6. As it is, the Magic will win it in 6 games, but the Cavs could just as easily be up 3-2 right now or even have won the series (and the Magic could have won it by now)

It's clear these teams are VERY evenly matched and the playoff match ups will always be dog fights, but with Jameer Nelson the Magic are certainly a little bit better a team.

RadiantShot
05-30-2009, 05:03 PM
Nah Jameer is amazing and Rafer has trouble getting going in games...Jameer is consistant and is a top tier point guard probably top 3 or top 5 PG it wouldve been easier, but I think rafer will get some good shots and assists tonight in game 6 over here in Orlando! Go MAGIC!!!

ifhmondays
05-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Well if the magic had him the series might be over especially if they made the trade for alston as well cause having Jameer starting, and then Alston off the bench, I mean the bench is good already but if Alston was on the bench and they had Jameer starting right now best team in the playoffs possibly.