PDA

View Full Version : Why are these guys on the Cavs constantly making predictions?

JordansBulls
05-29-2009, 12:34 AM
Source: Yahoosports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2009052805)

“We’ll be back here for Game 7,” Gibson told the crowd afterward.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-29-2009, 12:36 AM
u forgot huh.

they already handed the cavs the trophy in march.

remember, lebron was pretending to play the guitar and taking pictures?

How can u forget?

FaceDown91
05-29-2009, 12:37 AM
Because they are the royal guards protecting the king, and apparently, the king sent the messenger (Gibson) to the stands in his castle to tell everybody that the king will be back in Cleveland to take back the royal throne!.....

lol

superkegger
05-29-2009, 12:40 AM
Pay no attention to Daniel Gibson, he's the definintion of scrub. Shows up for 2 or 3 games a year, blows the rest of them.

lakers4sho
05-29-2009, 12:48 AM
u forgot huh.

they already handed the cavs the trophy in march.

remember, lebron was pretending to play the guitar and taking pictures?

How can u forget?

I won't be surprised if that was really the case. No joke.

Swift n Sil3nt
05-29-2009, 01:09 AM
what do you want them to say? we arent coming back home; orlando will beat us.

thats just the thing about guarantees. they really mean nothing. they dont motivate one team and they dont affect the game at all. in this type of series its just showing that they still have confidence. would i word it as a guarantee? no. but if someone ask me do you think you will come back from a 3-2 deficit i would probably guarantee it. i want to show the support for my teammates and i dont want to doubt myself. if that motivates the other team thats sad because they should have motivation already.

Mo Williams took some charge and admitted his mistakes this series. He also fired up the team and said that we can come back from anything and he did what anyone should do. You gotta believe before you can achieve. Its not like they have much of an option on what to say.

Simple Answer: We are going to leave it all on the table and hope to return to game 7 and we have the confidence we can do that.

Yea it avoids the guarantee but still addresses the point.
I mean come on guys

Hellcrooner
05-29-2009, 01:28 AM
because Stern phoned them and told them so!!!

mjt20mik
05-29-2009, 01:44 AM

What I was thinking. But out of all honesty, guaranteeing stuff in pro sports is meaningless. I mean c'mon, you really can't decide the outcome of a teamsport, so why guarantee it? It just makes you look like an idiot.

First Mo Williams did it, and it made him look like a fool.
And now Gibson is talking. Like if anyone should have the opportunity to guarantee anything it should be Lebron, not some person who scores like 9 points once in a blue moon, and thinks he's the best.

IRUAM #21
05-29-2009, 01:53 AM
LOL. Daniel Gibson making guarantees.

mrs rose
05-29-2009, 02:23 AM
LOL. Daniel Gibson making guarantees.

why?!?!?!
havent they learned from mo williams?:pity:

SteveN84
05-29-2009, 11:25 AM
When the cavs win the series, everyone will eat crow

cle12152433
05-29-2009, 11:45 AM
haha

ottograham14
05-29-2009, 11:53 AM

LOL......That's even more funny because it's coming from a Laker fan. Nice one. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Blah Blah Blah
05-29-2009, 12:30 PM
Don't kno why Gibson of all ppl would guarantee anything. Did anyone catch his facial expressions after hitting his threes. c'mon. He hasn't done anything till those threes. Maybe they need more motivation than just knowing their down 3-2 in the series.

king4day
05-29-2009, 12:47 PM
If I was a Cavs fan at that game and heard him saying that, I'm not so sure that would excite me. Maybe if big Z said it since Mo lost his credibility two games ago.

madiaz3
05-29-2009, 12:58 PM
what do you want them to say?

nothing

Blah Blah Blah
05-29-2009, 01:47 PM
I just think the ONLY person who can say anything is Lebron but he prolly won't say anything like that publicly, prolly for fear of motivating the Magic even more. All I kno is that you got an all star replacement as well as a inconsistent 3-point specialest sayin it when neither one of them is consistent enough to back up their words.