PDA

View Full Version : Game 6 Saturday May 30th - ECF - Eastern Conference (1) Cleveland @ (3) Orlando

Pages : [1] 2 3

JordansBulls
05-29-2009, 12:23 AM
( 1 ) Cleveland Cavaliers (66-16) vs. ( 3 ) Orlando Magic (59-23)

Cleveland Cavaliers will have the Homecourt Advantage

Orlando Leads Series 3-2 Series Breakdown
Series Information (ESPN.com) (http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/matchup/_/teams/magic-cavaliers)

Game 6 - Saturday May 30th Cleveland @ Orlando 8:30 pm EDT TNT

REGULAR SEASON SERIES
Orlando won series 2-1

Jan 29: at Orlando 99, Cleveland 88
Mar 17: at Cleveland 97 Orlando 93
Apr 3: at Orlando 116 Cleveland 87

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Cavaliers.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2178.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2422.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/1966.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2419.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/362.jpg

PG - Mo Williams
SG - Delonte West
SF - Lebron James
PF - Anderson Varajeo
C - Zydrunas Ilgauskas

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/KHinrich12/Team%20Logos/Magic.png Projected Starting Lineup

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/11.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/3445.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/862.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/469.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2384.jpg

PG - Rafer Alston
SG - Courtney Lee
SF - Hedo Turkoglu
PF - Rashard Lewis
C - Dwight Howard

Eagles_Guy
05-29-2009, 12:27 AM
Please Stern, no bs, just let them play.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-29-2009, 12:32 AM
Magic by 19.

This series is over.

I have spoken.

superkegger
05-29-2009, 12:46 AM
Magic need to close it out here. If it goes to 7, it could be serious trouble. Gotta defend the home turf.

TriberForLifer
05-29-2009, 01:09 AM
Magic by 19.

This series is over.

I have spoken.

Haha is this guy serious?!

I mean not even I, a Cavs fan, am going to tell you I'm confident the Cavs are going to win. But Magic by 19 seems like an outrageous statement to me after all these great games we're seeing.

Magic have won by 1, 10 and 2 - average of 4.3.
Cavs have won by 1 and 10 - average of 5.5.

I don't see the winner winning by more than 10, but I'm going to be a homer and say Cavs by 2 - this time Lewis rims out a game-winner.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-29-2009, 01:15 AM
Haha is this guy serious?!

I mean not even I, a Cavs fan, am going to tell you I'm confident the Cavs are going to win. But Magic by 19 seems like an outrageous statement to me after all these great games we're seeing.

Magic have won by 1, 10 and 2 - average of 4.3.
Cavs have won by 1 and 10 - average of 5.5.

I don't see the winner winning by more than 10, but I'm going to be a homer and say Cavs by 2 - this time Lewis rims out a game-winner.

look at the Celtics Magic series and u saw how that ended. every game was close, but then it ended in a blow out. i see something very similar here. lebron looks exhausted out there.

if it means anything. i picked u guys by 10 in game 5 and i was right. sooo anyways, its my opinion/prediction and im sure u will let me know about it if im wrong.

xuchunle
05-29-2009, 01:38 AM
Orlando will finish this series, I guess.

LakerKB24Fan
05-29-2009, 02:05 AM
If the Magics don't take this game I have a feeling the Cavs will miraculously win the series...

TriberForLifer
05-29-2009, 03:12 AM
look at the Celtics Magic series and u saw how that ended. every game was close, but then it ended in a blow out. i see something very similar here. lebron looks exhausted out there.

if it means anything. i picked u guys by 10 in game 5 and i was right. sooo anyways, its my opinion/prediction and im sure u will let me know about it if im wrong.

I think the Celtics were more worn down than the Cavs are right now. They had just got off a seven-game series before having to endure another one with Orlando. It will be interesting nonetheless. We shall see.

Kakaroach
05-29-2009, 08:29 AM
Yea, I think Orlando finishes it up. Unless they come out really flat and Mo Williams has another big game.

quiksilver2491
05-29-2009, 08:59 AM
I really believe Cleveland takes game 6 and ends up winning the series. I thought that the Magic HAD to close things out in game 5 and wrap this series up and they were unable to do that.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-29-2009, 11:38 AM
I think the Celtics were more worn down than the Cavs are right now. They had just got off a seven-game series before having to endure another one with Orlando. It will be interesting nonetheless. We shall see.

yes we will. see thats the fun thing about predictions on this site. u can make some rediculous prediction, but hey it could be right and if it is, the proof is right here.

ottograham14
05-29-2009, 11:59 AM
Please Stern, no bs, just let them play.

Just knew that there had to be someone on here complaining about the calls and about stern. Learn how to watch the NBA people, no ref is good. Heck my YMCA league refs could be in the NBA because they are just as awful. So get off of it buddy.

ManRam
05-29-2009, 12:01 PM
I think this is a must-win for both teams. Orlando doesn't want to go back to Cleveland. Cleveland obviously must win. I think the Magic pull it out...

marlinsfan24
05-29-2009, 12:04 PM
I think the Magic will pull out the series win.

Cimos21
05-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Nike will pay millions so that Cavs - Lakers meet in the finals. They want to air the rest of their commercials. In harsh economic times, one could do the math for the difference between a Lakers - Cavs 7 game series and a Magic - Nugs 4 game series in the finals. The difference would be hunders of millions of dollars of revenue and popularity for a sport that loses to its college predecessor in ratings. I'm not saying I think the NBA is fixed, I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if everything was "a bit swayed" towards a Lakers-Cavs long Finals series. It's kind of like saying I don't think people in the MLB do roids anymore, but I am not surprised to hear about new people getting caught. Above all the NBA is a business, if it wasn't, games would be free and people would be able to bring their own Naty Light to the game.

All in all I hope to see a Cavs Lakers finals...just to see what other commercials Nike has in the bank ;-).

Blah Blah Blah
05-29-2009, 12:34 PM
Magic will win. prolly by 10+. The same role players who did well at cleveland most likely will not repeat that same performance and the Magic will have control of this game for the most part.

go4it76
05-29-2009, 01:14 PM
I agree marlins. Magic will win.

TriberForLifer
05-29-2009, 01:16 PM
I understand that a lot of people think the role players who contributed for the Cavs in Game 5 can't possibly do it again. But you have to understand that this is what the Cavs did all year - and even in the first two rounds of the playoffs. The Magic did a great job in the first four games of taking those guys out of the game, but it's not a fluke that they played well and they can do it again. Obviously the big question is will they when they're up against the wall on the road?

Eagles_Guy
05-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Just knew that there had to be someone on here complaining about the calls and about stern. Learn how to watch the NBA people, no ref is good. Heck my YMCA league refs could be in the NBA because they are just as awful. So get off of it buddy.

If a drop of someone's sweat gets on Lebron they call it.

Gimme a break.

BTownTeamsRKing
05-29-2009, 01:27 PM
I understand that a lot of people think the role players who contributed for the Cavs in Game 5 can't possibly do it again. But you have to understand that this is what the Cavs did all year - and even in the first two rounds of the playoffs. The Magic did a great job in the first four games of taking those guys out of the game, but it's not a fluke that they played well and they can do it again. Obviously the big question is will they when they're up against the wall on the road?

role players excel at home and dissapear on the road in the playoffs. I have no idea why, but it always happens. Last night was no surprise. Gibson will not play well in Orlando for some reason, while someone on Orlando like Gortat will have a nice game like 8 pts. 6 rbs off the bench. its just usually what happens.

Blah Blah Blah
05-29-2009, 01:42 PM
role players excel at home and dissapear on the road in the playoffs. I have no idea why, but it always happens. Last night was no surprise. Gibson will not play well in Orlando for some reason, while someone on Orlando like Gortat will have a nice game like 8 pts. 6 rbs off the bench. its just usually what happens.

:clap:

That is exactly why I mentioned how all the role players on cleveland most likely will not have the same game on the road in orlando. Gibson, West, and even Varejao prolly will not have the same offensive production they had in game 5.

Cimos21
05-29-2009, 06:29 PM
If Varejao isn't too busy flopping, he might actually be able to make some plays.

Eagles_Guy
05-29-2009, 07:04 PM
If Varejao isn't too busy flopping, he might actually be able to make some plays.

Van Gundy said "thats his role", to flop, the other night.

How much does he get paid? Heck pay me $100,000 I'll go flop around for Lebron for 8 months.

macc
05-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Should be a good game but I think the Magic will win by 7 +. I don't see the Cavs shooting over 50% from 3 pt range again or their role players having another big game. Mo will shoot is usual 5-17.

The Cavs are gonna try to get Howard into foul trouble early, I can see quite a few plays in the first with Lebron taking it to him. If they do take Howard out of the game because of it, it might be a catch 22 because Gortat has had Lebrons number and has blocked him like 3 times already this series.

I hope the Magic pull it off tonight. Its 80 degrees here and I'm skipping out on the lake so I can watch this game. Hopefully the Magic don't disappoint me.

Kakaroach
05-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Hopefully the Magic take this one and we can get on with the NBA Finals. Love to see if the Magic could actually beat the Lakers.

agoody117
05-30-2009, 11:34 AM

yeah, what they did during the rest of the season against other opponents other than the magic does not matter...

the magic have had the cavs number as of late -- during the regular season, the cavs just did not have an answer -- yes they did have that one win...but they should not have won that game.

Its all about match ups.. the cavs just do not match up well against the magic... and it makes it tough. The celtics matched up well against the magic and kendrick contained dwight...thats why it was close. its not that the cavs are bad...they just dont match up well..so they cant get their rythem going.

that said, its not out of the question that they can win -- they have the talent. just saying it will be tough.

leftymo
05-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Hopefully the Magic take this one and we can get on with the NBA Finals. Love to see if the Magic could actually beat the Lakers.

Well they did twice this year...

It might be a preview to a matchup that is just beginning to brew...

Howard vs. Bynum. Granted Bynum is still 1-2 years away from being even in the same stratosphere as Dwight, but the two workout together in the offseason, and are probably the two best young centers in the game.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-30-2009, 01:14 PM
"Who's gonna bring that blood and pain?"

"Cleveland Cavaliers!"

"Who's that guy that they can't contain?"

"The King Lebron James!"

leftymo
05-30-2009, 01:19 PM
Orlando should take care of business tonight, if they were to lose, it could be a major choke job by the Magic...

leftymo
05-30-2009, 01:20 PM
If a drop of someone's sweat gets on Lebron they call it.

Gimme a break.

You misspelled Dwyane Wade...

Lebron does initiate a lot of contact with his shoulder, depending on where Lebron hits the defending player it could be a charge. Shoulder in the middle of the chest is an offensive foul.

LAKERMANIA
05-30-2009, 01:53 PM
If this game goes to game 7 Cleveland will win the series. So Orlando needs to make sure they beat Cleveland..

biglakersfan
05-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Greetings everyone,
I believe this game will be really close, LeBron James will be great as always. What I think will really matter is whether or not his teammates will help him out and make some shots, like they did in game 5. I feel the Magic will win tonight, behind their home crowd. It'll be interesting though.

Blah Blah Blah
05-30-2009, 03:18 PM
Lebron does initiate a lot of contact with his shoulder, depending on where Lebron hits the defending player it could be a charge. Shoulder in the middle of the chest is an offensive foul.

The problem is that when he DOES lower his shoulder into the defender, which is almost all the time and the foul is always going in Lebron's favor. Whether it is Petrius or even Howard, and you saw in game 5 when howard got fouled out he was mouthing out to Lebron, how he gets every call.

GrandDaddyPurp
05-30-2009, 03:20 PM
cavs win

TheChosenOne88
05-30-2009, 03:21 PM
The way I see it, the Magic should be happy they are up 3-2 going into tonight's game at home. Games 1, 2, and 4 could have went to either team. The Cavs could have been up 3-1 going into game 5 and closed the Magic out. Games 3 and 5 have been the only "blowouts" if you want to call them that. When you back an animal into a corner it's going to attack, that's what the Cavs did in game 5 and hopefully they can do tonight.

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 03:33 PM
The way I see it, the Magic should be happy they are up 3-2 going into tonight's game at home. Games 1, 2, and 4 could have went to either team. The Cavs could have been up 3-1 going into game 5 and closed the Magic out. Games 3 and 5 have been the only "blowouts" if you want to call them that. When you back an animal into a corner it's going to attack, that's what the Cavs did in game 5 and hopefully they can do tonight.

On the flip side the Cavs should be happy they weren't swept. Lebrons 3 at the end of the game with 1 sec left ring a bell? Magic should've won 4-0.

Magic win by +10 tonight. Delonte West and Mo Will struggle while Big Z goes back to having no impact on the game. It took those 3 playing GREAT for the Cavs to win and the stars won't align for all 3 of them again. Magic close it out tonight.

lakersrock
05-30-2009, 03:56 PM
I have a feeling tonight's game will be like last night's game.

Magic = Lakers
Cavs = Nuggets

pippsux
05-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Go cavs! I figure the NBA has been pushing the heck out this and after seeing Lebron single handedly win game 6, I am on that Cavs/Lakers FINALS bandwagon. I would have loved to see my rockets in full squad in the finals, but Lebron is a stud and I would love to see him match wits and air time with Kobe, who has matured and is the only worthy competitor to Lebron. I can see ESPN foaming at the mouth.

TheChosenOne88
05-30-2009, 04:47 PM
On the flip side the Cavs should be happy they weren't swept. Lebrons 3 at the end of the game with 1 sec left ring a bell? Magic should've won 4-0.

Magic win by +10 tonight. Delonte West and Mo Will struggle while Big Z goes back to having no impact on the game. It took those 3 playing GREAT for the Cavs to win and the stars won't align for all 3 of them again. Magic close it out tonight.

Mo Williams could have banked that shot in game 1 and LeBron could have made that 3 in game 4.

MagicBucsSox
05-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Mo Williams could have banked that shot in game 1 and LeBron could have made that 3 in game 4.

and if the refs were fair lebron would get 20 ft's a game on phantom calls
shoulda coulda woulda the series is 3-2 magic and thats where it stands

ragee
05-30-2009, 05:05 PM

Yes, that is what those players are doing all year... Especially at home... Not in Orlando though... You guys have yet to win there... As much as the whole world want to see Lakers vs Cavs in the finals, they should look at the facts first... It is very unlikely for a team to go out a 1-3 hole... People are saying it is possible because the Cavs have Lebron James... They are not looking at the whole picture though... Yes, they have Lebron and maybe they can do it against an ok team but against the Magic? People, give credit where it is due...

ragee
05-30-2009, 05:08 PM
"Who's gonna bring that blood and pain?"

"Cleveland Cavaliers!"

"Who's that guy that they can't contain?"

"The King Lebron James!"

Yup... Magic can't contain Lebron, but they are still winning even if the King is scoring 40+ a game... I think this series just shows how teamwork can be so much better than relying on one person...

ragee
05-30-2009, 05:14 PM

Yeah... Games 1, 2 and 4 could have gone both ways... This series should have been over... The Magic should have swept the Cavs... When you disrespect the Magic like what Mo did, they are going to attack... That's what they did in the first four games... The Cavs just got lucky Lebron hit that shot... Hopefully, they can do it again tonight...

Brooke
05-30-2009, 05:15 PM

role players play better at home, that isnt always the case on the road

Raps08-09 Champ
05-30-2009, 05:54 PM
Yup... Magic can't contain Lebron, but they are still winning even if the King is scoring 40+ a game... I think this series just shows how teamwork can be so much better than relying on one person...

Well if Lebron's teammates actually score, the Cavs would have won by now.

m26555
05-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Orlando wins big tonight to close it out.

ragee
05-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Well if Lebron's teammates actually score, the Cavs would have won by now.

The problem is they don't... This comment does not really make any bearing on the argument at all... The Magic share some inconsistencies as well... Hedo had a 1-11 and a 4-11 shooting performance... Alston and Pietrus only played well at home (just like your players)... Lewis had some bad games too... Courtney Lee is scoring a lot less compared to the other series... Even Howard had an off game (in the offensive end)... Refs are also giving some phantom calls on Howard... Despite that, they are still ahead of the series... So please, enough with the excuses... You want an excuse? If Nelson was here, you would not stand a chance!!! If the refs don't call some stupid calls and let Dwight actually play physical, this would have been over!

lakers4sho
05-30-2009, 06:29 PM
The problem is they don't... This comment does not really make any bearing on the argument at all... The Magic share some inconsistencies as well... Hedo had a 1-11 and a 4-11 shooting performance... Alston and Pietrus only played well at home (just like your players)... Lewis had some bad games too... Courtney Lee is scoring a lot less compared to the other series... Even Howard had an off game (in the offensive end)... Refs are also giving some phantom calls on Howard... Despite that, they are still ahead of the series... So please, enough with the excuses... You want an excuse? If Nelson was here, you would not stand a chance!!! If the refs don't call some stupid calls and let Dwight actually play physical, this would have been over!

:nod:

lorenz00
05-30-2009, 06:31 PM
orlando magic FTW

Raps08-09 Champ
05-30-2009, 06:48 PM

How would you know that the Cavs would be done if Nelson was playing?

Nelson is in the same position as Mo Williams.

Doesn't have a lot of exp in the playoffs and have a lot on their shoulders.

And even if Nelson was playing, he might choke like Williams and cost his team.

And If Nelson wasn't injured, Alston would never be in Orlando.

Alston was a big reason the Magic are up. The Cavs would have won Game 4 if it wasn't for Alston.

And you can't really blame the refs for not letting Howard play physical. They just don't want Howard swinging elbows around and getting away with it cuz if they let it play out, he would probably only get a flagrant instead of a suspension.

ragee
05-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Nelson is in the same position as Mo Williams.

Doesn't have a lot of exp in the playoffs and have a lot on their shoulders.

And even if Nelson was playing, he might choke like Williams.

And If Nelson wasn't injured, Alston would never be in Orlando.

Alston was a big reason the Magic are up. The Cavs would have won game 4 if it wasn't for Alston.

You are looking at a picture and just picking the stuff you need... Nelson and Mo are two different players... This is Mo's first year in the Cavs...Nelson has been in the Magic for a while... They have not gone far in the playoffs till this year but have gotten experiences in the previous years... If you look at Nelson's stats closely, you would notice that he is more efficient in the playoffs than in the regular season... Unlike Mo who is more effcient in the regular season than the playoffs... So there is no facts to prove that Nelson might choke like Mo if he was here... If you don't believe me, this is the stats:

Nelson
06-07 regular season 43% FG 13 ppg, 4.3 apg
06-07 playoffs 42% FG 14.2 ppg, 3.3apg
07-08 regular 47%, 10.9, 5.6
07-08 playoffs 50%, 16.2 4.7

Yes, if Nelson, was here, Alston would not be here... Yes, Alston was a big factor in game 4... However, look at the other games... He was a non factor in other games and taking questionable shots... If he made those or at least tried taking smarter and more efficient shots, they would have won game 2 and maybe game 5! That is why Nelson is being missed by the Magic... He provides consistency and 4th quarter scoring which is the Magic's weaknesses...

Lastly, I am not really trying to argue about how this would have been over if Nelson was here... Coz fact is, he is not and there is nothing we can do about it... I am just showing you how irritating it is when people make excuses and just can't accept they lost and the other team is better...

Oh, and on the Howard issue, I was not talking about the elbows coz those kind of fouls should definitely be called...

dsonLAL24
05-30-2009, 07:52 PM
we'll see if the Lakers face the Magic in the Finals with a win tonight.

dsonLAL24
05-30-2009, 07:53 PM
if the Cavs win tonight, then i have them winning the series.

Brooke
05-30-2009, 07:56 PM
if the Cavs win tonight, then i have them winning the series.

Yeah I agree. If they cant win tonight I dont know they win a Game 7 in Cleveland

tr4shb0t
05-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Am I correct in hearing that the Cavs plan is to rely on the refs to help them and foul out Dwight?

...but they've been doing that all series already.

jimbobjarree
05-30-2009, 08:18 PM
lebrons gunna be soooo sickkk tonight. Still think the Magic edge it

dos132
05-30-2009, 08:18 PM
i want to see Orlando magics especially Dwight on finals.... but can lebron push it to the edge?
and can magic close it out? we will see... later....

KmB728
05-30-2009, 08:22 PM
:laugh2: look at that tool with the beer dancing on tv

JordansBulls
05-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Game time.

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Howard is clutch with his free throws lately man. Props to Howard for really picking up the free throw shooting.

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Varejao has 2 already in the 1st 1:28. hahaha

ragee
05-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Bye, verajao!

Free Throw
05-30-2009, 08:43 PM
wow.

What is so hard about Free Throws, Wallace?

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Alston hitting early is a bad sign for the Cavs!

Free Throw
05-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Howard is going to draw about 20 fouls this game.

tr4shb0t
magic gonna have to shoot the 3 well because they don't seem to call fouls when they attack

S.J.Basketball
Who's stronger? Dwight or Ben Wallace?

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Wow. Ridiculous shots going in for the Magic lol

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Good drive by Rashard

Free Throw
05-30-2009, 08:46 PM
magic gonna have to shoot the 3 well because they don't seem to call fouls when they attack

Are you even watching the game? :eyebrow:

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 08:48 PM
James was poked in the eye.

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Yea. Eye pokes hurt man.

Free Throw
05-30-2009, 08:49 PM
James was poked in the eye.

Reminded me of the infamous Rondo play, he's like staring at James, and whacks him.

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 08:50 PM
I knew Howard is good, but he is showing some nice moves underneath.

ragee
05-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Damn! This series taught Howard how to shoot fts!!!!:D

S.J.Basketball
Magic can start adding some cushion to this lead.

S.J.Basketball
Lee is such a good rookie to have. What a find.

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Wow. Back to back and the lead is only 1.

tr4shb0t
05-30-2009, 08:57 PM
pietrus yea

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Hahaha Pietrus is playing out of his mind this series!!

m26555
05-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Courtney Lee's style of play is very similar to Richard Hamilton's.

macc
So is MP shooting like 87% from 3 so far this series or what.

Kenny
orlando is having another one of those games

ragee
This is what I like about playing at home, Pietrus and Alston is comfortable shooting the ball...

macc
05-30-2009, 08:59 PM
Courtney Lee's style of play is very similar to Richard Hamilton's.

Ya they're similiar in alot of ways, Lee has a quick release like Rip to. The only thing is Lee doesn't move as well as Rip without the ball. I put Rip and Ray Allen in the top 2 of moving without the ball.

m26555
05-30-2009, 09:00 PM
Ya they're similiar in alot of ways, Lee has a quick release like Rip to. The only thing is Lee doesn't move as well as Rip without the ball. I put Rip and Ray Allen in the top 2 of moving without the ball.
Yeah. Their shooting forms are almost identical.

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Alston is contributing....bad sign.

m26555
05-30-2009, 09:02 PM
What a block by Wallace.

Free Throw
Someone finally decided to guard Howard.

S.J.Basketball
Alston trying to be a hero......

m26555
05-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Wow. How often do you see Wally air ball a three?

dtmagnet

I'd put Micheal Redd in that category as well.

Free Throw
Wow Wally.

m26555
Howard is just dominating out there. They can't stop him.

S.J.Basketball
Even when Pietrus misses he made it so Howard could get it lol. Pietrus...

macc
05-30-2009, 09:04 PM
I love Lebron, but somtimes he just sits there and dribbles to much and everybody just kinda stands around watching him, I think he should flow more with his offense and get everyone involved first. The shots will come to him. He doesn't need to iso every play.

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Lee!!!

tr4shb0t
wow nice shot by lee

m26555
Not looking good for Cleveland.

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Sczerbiak redeemed himself.

m26555
No foul there on the shot by Howard? Hilarious.

I wonder if LeBron gets that call. :rolleyes:

macc
I'd put Micheal Redd in that category as well.

True Redd is great at that as well.

tr4shb0t
my god foul on dwight last 2 runs down...refs just won't call it

S.J.Basketball
Magic didn't close that one out well at all.

ragee
05-30-2009, 09:07 PM
OMG, Dwight is having a great game!!!! He can keep doing this till the 4th quarter!!!

Er1c
05-30-2009, 09:08 PM
no foul?

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Anyone tired of the puppet commercials? They're not that funny and the voices for the puppets are awful!

KmB728
05-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Anyone tired of the puppet commercials? They're not that funny and the voices for the puppets are awful!

agreed... and why does Kobes puppet have a beard????

i do like the 1 with the annoying little kid though

m26555
Orlando can't miss from three.

tr4shb0t
is mike brown seriously complaining about dwight traveling? lebron travels like 20 times a game...

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Gordat and Big Z. Bald white guys holding it down!

macc
05-30-2009, 09:13 PM
agreed... and why does Kobes puppet have a beard????

i do like the 1 with the annoying little kid though

Really? I like the commercials, I think they are really funny.

Free Throw
gordat and big z. Bald white guys holding it down!

+1

ragee
is mike brown seriously complaining about dwight traveling? lebron travels like 20 times a game...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

S.J.Basketball
Anthony Johnson: He gives hope to all out of shape basketball players.

macc
05-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Gordat and Big Z. Bald white guys holding it down!

Gortat is the younger version of Big Z.

Nice move Lewis!

dsonLAL24
05-30-2009, 09:14 PM

"explain the crab dribble dribble"

dsonLAL24
05-30-2009, 09:15 PM
cavs are hanging in there

m26555
Lewis is feeling it.

Brooke

tell me about it

dsonLAL24
05-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Lewis is feeling it, good sign for the Magic.

Raps08-09 Champ
05-30-2009, 09:17 PM
You are looking at a picture and just picking the stuff you need... Nelson and Mo are two different players... This is Mo's first year in the Cavs...Nelson has been in the Magic for a while... They have not gone far in the playoffs till this year but have gotten experiences in the previous years... If you look at Nelson's stats closely, you would notice that he is more efficient in the playoffs than in the regular season... Unlike Mo who is more effcient in the regular season than the playoffs... So there is no facts to prove that Nelson might choke like Mo if he was here... If you don't believe me, this is the stats:

Nelson
06-07 regular season 43% FG 13 ppg, 4.3 apg
06-07 playoffs 42% FG 14.2 ppg, 3.3apg
07-08 regular 47%, 10.9, 5.6
07-08 playoffs 50%, 16.2 4.7

Yes, if Nelson, was here, Alston would not be here... Yes, Alston was a big factor in game 4... However, look at the other games... He was a non factor in other games and taking questionable shots... If he made those or at least tried taking smarter and more efficient shots, they would have won game 2 and maybe game 5! That is why Nelson is being missed by the Magic... He provides consistency and 4th quarter scoring which is the Magic's weaknesses...

Lastly, I am not really trying to argue about how this would have been over if Nelson was here... Coz fact is, he is not and there is nothing we can do about it... I am just showing you how irritating it is when people make excuses and just can't accept they lost and the other team is better...

Oh, and on the Howard issue, I was not talking about the elbows coz those kind of fouls should definitely be called...

The last 2 years, Nelson didn't have to carry the team as much. He was the 3rd and even 4th player they went to behind Howard, Turkaglu and Lewis.

This year though, he is the 2nd best player on the Magic. I would still think Nelson might choke a couple of times and might not produce as expected.

ragee
05-30-2009, 09:19 PM
The last 2 years, Nelson didn't have to carry the team as much. He was the 3rd and even 4th player they went to behind Howard, Turkaglu and Lewis.

This year though, he is the 2nd best player on the Magic. I would still think Nelson might choke a couple of times and might not produce as expected.

Behind Howard?!!!!! Hahahahaha... You got to be kidding me... Howard was a non factor in the series against Detroit...

m26555
05-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Pietrus AGAIN!

dsonLAL24
wow

S.J.Basketball
Wow. Pietrus for 3!

S.J.Basketball
Wally is gonna be jobless next year.

dsonLAL24
05-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Magic seems focused

ragee
05-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Pulling away without dwight!!!!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

m26555
05-30-2009, 09:22 PM
How was that not an and-one for Lewis?

dsonLAL24
if the Cavs lose the series then Ben Wallace might be out

LAKERMANIA
Cleveland is in trouble.. Orlando has a double digit lead already..

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Cavs can't score.

dsonLAL24
all cavs have to do is try to stay close so LeBron can take over.

m26555
Cleveland is in trouble.. Orlando has a double digit lead already..
And they cannot stop Howard.

macc
I kinda wish Stan would play Battie or Gortat with Howard more so they could help contest Lebrons shots and pick up some of the fouls so Howard wouldn't have to everytime.

ragee
05-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Mo with 3 fouls!!!

m26555
I hate Varejao with a PASSION..

dsonLAL24
Lakers vs Magic?

Free Throw
05-30-2009, 09:25 PM
I don't think they'll let Dwight foul out of this game.

Kenny
Cavs have no low post scoring at all.. Can we get Lebron a legit low post player.. Big z is a 7'3 jump shooter

ragee
Lakers vs Magic?

I hope so...

S.J.Basketball
I heard the audience booing before commercial. I'm assuming they gave the ball to the Cavs instead of the Magic.

OG "Dee" LOCc
I hate Varejao with a PASSION..

Who doesn't....that corbin bleu looking kid

dsonLAL24
05-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Mo Williams is definitely not having a good game.

m26555
05-30-2009, 09:27 PM
I heard the audience booing before commercial. I'm assuming they gave the ball to the Cavs instead of the Magic.
Should have been a foul. Pietrus got HACKED. More bull ****.

tr4shb0t
05-30-2009, 09:28 PM
charge for the win!

m26555
charge for the win!
God forbid.

dsonLAL24
i could imagine the anxiety in Cleveland right now

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Lewis was all over the place. It was a good call.

m26555
i could imagine the anxiety in Cleveland right now
Or in the NBA front office.

dsonLAL24
wally with a another miss!

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 09:30 PM
13 point lead is scary man. Magic is a grind out team. They aren't gonna give it up easily.

m26555
Bang!!!!!

tr4shb0t
refs are in complete control, but can't stop the 3s lol

ragee
Live by the 3, win by the 3!

S.J.Basketball
wow. Magic are dominating!!!

m26555
Howard has been a BEAST.

Kenny
05-30-2009, 09:31 PM
I seriously think the knicks have more talent in there supporting cast then the cavs.

dsonLAL24
05-30-2009, 09:31 PM
Or in the NBA front office.

even Nike is feeling it

m26555
05-30-2009, 09:32 PM
I seriously think the knicks have more talent in there supporting cast then the cavs.
Here come the excuses...

Brooke
05-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Howard is a beast

Kenny
05-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Here come the excuses...

what excuses im not a cavs fan..

dsonLAL24
ohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

tr4shb0t

They were all the rave until this series...weird.

S.J.Basketball
Cavs fans have to be shocked.

m26555
what excuses im not a cavs fan..
No; you're just a LeBron apologist.

Free Throw
05-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Here come the excuses...

I think it's more of sad facts than excuses, Andy is the only person other than Lebron that has more than one FG, he has 3, and everyone else either has 1, or none.

m26555
They were all the rave until this series...weird.
:clap:

Exactly...

ragee

The so called deep bench of the cavs is being exploited by the Magic...

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Magic are going for the dagger lol!

dsonLAL24
all the momentum with the Magic!

Lakers vs Magic game 1 Staples Center June 4 2009

_Sn1P3r_
49-36 with about 3 minutes left in the 2nd. If Cavs can get the deficit to below ten by halftime, then they'll be fine.

Becks2307

Lee > Z
Harrington > Andy V
Chandler > West
Gallinari > Wally Z

not to mention nate who is a great scorer

ragee
05-30-2009, 09:36 PM
19 pts, 6 rebs!!!!:speechless:

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Johnson would not get laid if it wasn't for basketball.

dsonLAL24
05-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Stern: "c'mon refs you know what to do!"

m26555
05-30-2009, 09:38 PM
Typical over-dribbling by "The King."

Free Throw
Right in front of the official.

dsonLAL24
Johnson would not get laid if it wasn't for basketball.

same for Hedo

S.J.Basketball
Another 3!

tr4shb0t
lol @ rafer

Ryan328
Wow, the Cavs are just sucking...down 54-40

dsonLAL24
05-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Cavs with no passion

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Ernie is doing a hands in with the crew!!

m26555
05-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Dwight Howard became a man in this series.

S.J.Basketball
05-30-2009, 09:40 PM
James is playing bad.

LAKERMANIA
05-30-2009, 09:41 PM
I actually feel bad for Cleveland, but a couple of positive notes on them winning, 1) People who think league is rigged will finally shut up.. 2) Lakers will have HCA (:D)

Although Orlando is looking like a very good team, the Lakers need to play efficiently each game and realize that they need to stay home on their shooters.. Either way it will be a fun NBA finals..

S.J.Basketball
LEE!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so impressed with this kid.

tr4shb0t
dang...lebron didn't score in the 2nd! nice defense

m26555
LeBron invisible in the second quarter.

But yeah; let's blame his teammates. :rolleyes:

_Sn1P3r_
58-40 for the Magic. Cavs have a big hole to climb from in the 2nd half.

S.J.Basketball
JJ Reddick might get playing time!!

LAKERMANIA
05-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Also, maybe people will start realizing Dwight Howard is an elite superstar and not "becoming" an elite superstar

Kenny
LeBron invisible in the second quarter.

But yeah; let's blame his teammates. :rolleyes:

he took like 2 shots.. Seriously

Ryan328
Not looking too good

S.J.Basketball
Mike Brown got a Technical off camera. Hahaha!

m26555
Also, maybe people will start realizing Dwight Howard is an elite superstar and not "becoming" an elite superstar
He wasn't an elite superstar until this series. He has now finally developed into one.

dsonLAL24
05-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Cavs 66 win team?

m26555
05-30-2009, 09:43 PM
he took like 2 shots.. Seriously
He took more than two shots. Even still, if he's the "next Michael Jordan," he should have taken over when the Magic were walking all over his team during that run. The excuses for James are just sickening.

dsonLAL24
05-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Mike Brown got a Technical off camera. Hahaha!

really?

JordansBulls
Good to see Dwight with only 1 foul right now.

m26555
really?
Yeah. They're gonna shoot the FT at the start of the third.

Kenny
05-30-2009, 09:45 PM
He took more than two shots. Even still, if he's the "next Michael Jordan," he should have taken over when the Magic were walking all over his team during that run. The excuses for James are just sickening.

he is 5-10 in the game... What the **** more do you want him to do.. Jeez the guy is averaging 41-8-8.. If you want to hate on the cavs fine but stop your ********

dsonLAL24
down 18 at the half!! it's official, the Magic are eastern conference champions!

lavell12
The Lebron hype should go away now.

KmB728
Lebron might be loosing but He definatley gets his vitamins!

S.J.Basketball
Yea apparently the Magic will be shooting at the start of the half thanks to Mike Brown.

championships
Wow, Cavs are getting their ***** handed to them right now. Well bring on the Dwight Howard Puppet. HCA. I don't think the Cavs will go down like this. Look for them to make a charge and we will see if Orlando can hold them back.

m26555
05-30-2009, 09:46 PM
he is 5-10 in the game... What the **** more do you want him to do.. Jeez the guy is averaging 41-8-8.. If you want to hate on the cavs fine but stop your ********
I want you to stop making excuses for him; that's what. He almost single-handedly lost game four for them with all of those turnovers in the fourth quarter and OT and simply disappeared in the second quarter tonight. I don't give a **** what his stat-line is. He doesn't have the "it" that Jordan had. If he dominates in the second half tonight and brings his team back, I might change my stance.

dsonLAL24
05-30-2009, 09:47 PM
i'm telling you, it's the curse of the MVP

S.J.Basketball

Sensitive fella.

TriberForLifer
Cavs came out playing like a team who expected to get beat. No fire. No heart. They got in a hole and started playing stupid. Missing free throws. Over-pursuing on defense. I don't think they realize they can't not play fundamental basketball and expect to be a team as good as the Magic.

Magic shooting 54 percent - from the field and from the line. They don't really know how to miss shots when it matters. That's why, if they hold on to this monstrous lead, I think they will beat the Lakers too.

carter15

going 1 on 5 is tough...even jordan cudnt win every time (its b4 my time so i mite be wrong lol..but i think he won 6 and played many more years then 6 so its pretty evident he didnt win every time)

m26555
05-30-2009, 09:48 PM
Sensitive fella.
You're not kidding.

m26555
going 1 on 5 is tough...even jordan cudnt win every time (its b4 my time so i mite be wrong lol..but i think he won 6 and played many more years then 6 so its pretty evident he didnt win every time)
Jordan made everyone else around him better. I have yet to see LeBron truly do that.

Wilson
I got the start time of the game wrong, so I've missed most of the first half. Shocking scoreline though. I thought the Cavs would be more competitive than this...

dsonLAL24
Dwight and Kobe puppets now!!!

KmB728
Look at the guy dancing as the half time show :laugh:

lavell12
Kobe: Hey LeBron have you seen my 3 rings?

tr4shb0t
05-30-2009, 09:49 PM
Lebron set a new personal record...only shot 4 FT in a half. wow.

dsonLAL24
to bad Dwight is with adidas

dtmagnet
Good first half from Orlando but they need to keep it up all game long, Cleveland can come back in no time.

S.J.Basketball
I love all the people trying to be on TV behind the TNT crew.

dsonLAL24
05-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Kobe: Hey LeBron have you seen my 3 rings?

these three delicious chocolate chip cookies

lavell12
05-30-2009, 09:50 PM
This is bad news for LA, I think the Lakers could walk over Cleveland b/c Kobe would cancel out LeBron and the rest of the Lakers are good while the other players on Cleveland have been awful.

dsonLAL24
05-30-2009, 09:51 PM
down by 18 in a elimination game and people still think LeBron is better then Kobe?!

m26555
05-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Orlando is a tough matchup for Los Angeles. I still think the Lakers' talent will lift them to the title, though, as much as I hate to say it.

Hawkize31
05-30-2009, 09:52 PM
This whole series is comical. Assuming the Magic hang on and win, they legitimately won the series, no doubt about its. Buts its just a joke watching the best player in the NBA not be able to advance to the finals because of things outside of his control. Lebron James is doing everything he can and it really should be enough, but there are so many other factors where he is on his own.

dsonLAL24
This is bad news for LA, I think the Lakers could walk over Cleveland b/c Kobe would cancel out LeBron and the rest of the Lakers are good while the other players on Cleveland have been awful.

nope! we'll beat both teams regardless

S.J.Basketball
The next vitamin drink commercial they show it'll be Lebron drinking it at home while watching Kobe in the Finals. ZING!

KmB728
down by 18 in a elimination game and people still think LeBron is better then Kobe?!

Kobe and the lakers was down by more than 18 in the finals last year in an elimination game :D Just sayin!

BSD8393
05-30-2009, 09:53 PM
down 18 at the half!! it's official, the Magic are eastern conference champions!

does game 4 ring a bell?

m26555
This whole series is comical. Assuming the Magic hang on and win, they legitimately won the series, no doubt about its. Buts its just a joke watching the best player in the NBA not be able to advance to the finals because of things outside of his control. Lebron James is doing everything he can and it really should be enough, but there are so many other factors where he is on his own.
And I see we have another member of the LeBron James apologist club...

He is NOT the best player in the NBA.

S.J.Basketball
They're actually giving us the game 7 times. As if it's going to be "necessary".

lavell12
This would never happen to MJ's teams, yes the Bulls have better players than LeBron's team but MJ was the leader that LeBron isn't.

Hahah if the Magic win it all, my boy JJ while have a ring and LeBron won't.

LAKERMANIA
05-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Some people in here need to show some class, stop bringing up Kobe, this is not a Kobe/Lebron thread.

dsonLAL24
does game 4 ring a bell?

nope! that distant memory for me!! lol j/p you got me there!

m26555
This would never happen to MJ's teams, yes the Bulls have better players than LeBron's team but MJ was the leader that LeBron isn't.

Hahah if the Magic win it all, my boy JJ while have a ring and LeBron won't.
Exactly. Jordan could have won a title with LeBron's current supporting cast.

lavell12
05-30-2009, 09:55 PM
nope! we'll beat both teams regardless

maybe so but i think you will agree that it will be harder beating Orlando b/c Gasol and Bynum will have a real tough time.

KmB728
05-30-2009, 09:56 PM
:pray: If the Magic hold on my boy Scal will still have more rings then Lebron

JordansBulls
Some people in here need to show some class, stop bringing up Kobe, this is not a Kobe/Lebron thread.

Exactly!!! This has been going on in every thread in the conference finals.

dsonLAL24
maybe so but i think you will agree that it will be harder beating Orlando b/c Gasol and Bynum will have a real tough time.

yes i do agree on that

Hawkize31
05-30-2009, 09:57 PM
And I see we have another member of the LeBron James apologist club...

He is NOT the best player in the NBA.

For your 1st part, guilty. Second part, I disagree and if you really want to argue it this isn't the thread anyway, so I guess we just agree to disagree for now.

Kenny
05-30-2009, 09:58 PM
Exactly. Jordan could have won a title with LeBron's current supporting cast.

again what are you basing this on? The team that won 55 games without him?

BSD8393
nope! that distant memory for me!! lol j/p you got me there!

haha. I don't see the Cavs pulling this one out, but you never know.

dsonLAL24
i still expect a run by the Cavs in the second half, but will it be enough.

FaceDown91
oh well. bye lebron, i guess it's magic vs lakers now, congratz magic.

Buckwheat
05-30-2009, 10:00 PM
This is a Jordan/Kobe/LeBron thread?

I thought I was here to talk about the basketball game going on television at the moment instead of comparisons that are impossible to make. Can anyone point me in the direction of the correct thread?